Albert Haynesworth's $21 million bonus made sense, given the options

Many Insider readers continue to email me about the Albert Haynesworth situation, so I figured this would be a good time to answer one of your most popular questions.

A lot of people are wondering why the Redskins would pay Haynesworth a $21 million bonus in April when they knew he did not want to play in their new 3-4 defense. Although Haynesworth did not grumble publicly about the defensive switch and his potential role this season, he expressed concerns to defensive coordinator Jim Haslett during a meeting at Redskins Park in February. So the team was aware there were potential problems with Haynesworth.

The Redskins could have declined to pay the bonus, but the $21 million was guaranteed as part of $41 million initially guaranteed in the seven-year, $100-million deal owner Daniel Snyder gave Haynesworth in February of 2009. If Washington chose not to pay the bonus, future base salaries in Haynesworth's contract, up to $21 million, would have become guaranteed, according to two league sources who have reviewed Haynesworth's contract.

Eric Schaffer, Washington's vice president of football operations, is considered among the best in the business at handling the salary cap. When Schaffer negotiated the contract with Haynesworth's agent, Chad Speck, he knew the 2010 season probably would be uncapped, so it made sense for the team to pay the bulk of Haynesworth's guaranteed money this season.

Although Allen probably would have preferred not to pay the bonus, doing so was a better option than owing Haynesworth guaranteed money over several seasons. No one knows what the salary-cap situation will be next season -- assuming there is a 2011 NFL season -- and beyond, so it made sense for the Redskins to get the $21 million off their books as soon as possible, especially in an uncapped year.

Haynesworth has base salaries of $3.6 million this season and $5.4 million in 2011. Under the terms of Haynesworth's contract, those salaries are no longer guaranteed because he skipped the mandatory June minicamp, one of the sources said. So Haynesworth's total guaranteed payout was $32 million in the first 14 months of the deal.

By Jason Reid  |  August 4, 2010; 9:23 AM ET
Categories:  3-4 defense , Albert Haynesworth
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Until knee improves, Haynesworth won't retest
Next: Hogs on eve of Russ Grimm's Hall of Fame induction

Comments

One player that I had anticipated hearing about is Dennis Morris. I haven't read much about how he's doing in camp, and when I went out there I couldn't recall seeing him make a play. I did recall the rookie TE from UCLA making a couple of good blocks, but not Morris.

Posted by: TWISI | August 4, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

"Shortly after he was hired, Allen told some Redskins employees he would not have brought Haynesworth to Washington at the price the Redskins paid, team sources said."

Oh no he d'ent!!

Snyder won't like that at all. Allen's days are already numbered.

Posted by: artiesliver | August 4, 2010 9:32 AM | Report abuse

"General Manager Bruce Allen, among the savviest executives in the league, was not with the organization when the Redskins signed Haynesworth. Shortly after he was hired, Allen told some Redskins employees he would not have brought Haynesworth to Washington at the price the Redskins paid, team sources said."

Well, of course not. It's a prototype for the bad FA signing. A player with a history of problems in the area of motivation, character, and conditioning, signed by a team that doesn't have the horses to make a run for the title.. even at a lower salary, the signing would have had way too much bust potential for comfort.

I wonder if Dan Snyder OK'ed that deal because he felt he had an image to maintain.

Posted by: Samson151 | August 4, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Repost:
CoSign cL's comment.

Oh how lowly we've fallen. Remember when we used to cross-populate the print version? Now it seems we are either completely ineffectual as a revenue stream or just completely taken for granted.

I would hate to think we'd actually have to start populating another space, but I'm seriously considering it.

If we are going to start hanging out elsewhere, let's post it on the Wiki.

Jibba Jabba Rulez
Hack Blog Posting Drulez

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 4, 2010 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 4, 2010 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Is it just me, or do I really want to see a reporter ask Shannahan if he thinks Haynesworth is malingering on the knee injury? Naturally he'll say no, or that is up to the training staff to elaborate on. But the expression on his face when asked will tell you his thoughts on the matter.

Posted by: Devo2 | August 4, 2010 9:41 AM | Report abuse

By this logic it would have made sense to re-negotiate the contracts of anyone who had a contract longer than two years so all of the money would hit this year.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 4, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

sean, first of all, we offered AH up to the Eagles and they wanted no parts of him. Second of all, I have us going 8-8 with or without AH so with all things considered equal, my vote is without. If you think he's worth even ONE game in the standings, you're insane. Especially since we LOST 4 MORE with him on the roster.

Again...this franchise more than any other should know the value in having a cohesive TEAM instead of a collection of stars. We have 3 Lombardis to show for that logic. I guarantee we'll be just fine without him...especially since 44 teams have won SBs without AH on their roster.

Once again you're putting the onus on the Redskins to "make it work". The Redskins didn't avoid AH, AH avoided them. It's on HIM to get it right, not the Redskins.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 4, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Who in gawd's green acres is emailing JReid for more clarity on AH?!?!?! I mean both wars we are engaged in get less coverage.

Posted by: chrislarry | August 4, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

More Fatsworth. Shocker.

If our fans are stupid enough to both email JReid who brings nothing to the table and not know what part of his contract is guaranteed after being beaten over the head with it daily I am embarrassed to be rooting for the same team.

Posted by: ToddStinkston | August 4, 2010 9:43 AM | Report abuse

would you look at that, another, ANOTHER AH post....who, I say, who'd a thunk.....

next up, welcoming Lamar Armington to the WP.......then updates on how LTorrence/MMason are doing in their perspective training camps....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 4, 2010 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Oh goodie, another Mr Haney story. Remember the other Mr Haney was something of a con man too. Can't wait to see if he is selling aluminum siding, a used truck with no motor or what.

Posted by: iubiquity | August 4, 2010 9:44 AM | Report abuse

HA HA J Reid just sent a big screw you to all the posters. We are tired of the Haynesworth news so he post another one.

JReid is lying everyone on here has been begging for him to stop talking about AH and then he states he continues to get emails from people about AH.

Power Rankings > Jreid

Posted by: GreatOne1 | August 4, 2010 9:50 AM | Report abuse

cl, Reid just HAS to be making that up...dude started another post this week with that same exact 1st paragraph.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 4, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

REDSKIN TRAINING CAMP DIARY, AUGUST 4, 2010

Dear Diary

I am still pinching myself -- and finding it so hard to believe that I’m getting a serious audition to be the starting nose tackle for the Washington Redskins.

Had to tell (old) Coach Shanahan that I hadn’t really played any organized ball since high school, which was like some 40 years ago -- but I still had the helmet to prove it. I showed him my old leather helmet -- and he just laughed and laughed.

He said, “Son, you can’t play with that thing anymore. Why, there’s no face mask -- and the first time you get hit in the head , you’ll end up talking all scrambled up like Clinton going on about his glory days at the U -- or how he don’t get no respect for faking injuries and sitting out large parts of the last two seasons just because he allegedly didn’t buy into the system.”

The coach suggested I borrow a helmet from someone until they got a new one all made and fitted up for me.

So I went to see AH92, and asked him, “Mr. Haynesworth, Sir, would you mind if I borrowed your helmet, especially since it appears you’re not going to be using it for a while?”

I must admit that I was a bit worried about how he might react, but he surprised me by being as nice as pie and turning it over to me, saying “Sure, son, you can keep it too. Because frankly, I’m tired of all this B...S... and don’t plan on doing much more around here anyways.”

Well, the trouble was, just as soon as I tried Albert’s helmet on, I knew I was going to have problems with it. I mean like it was so big it would just spin around my little head, offering no protection whatsoever.

I don’t know how big that Dude’s head is, but it must be massive -- if only to contain his ego, overrated opionion of himself, and stuff.

Fortunately, another big defensive lineman suggested a rather unique solution -- saying I should just wear my old high school helmet underneath Albert’s hard hat -- and run a little gorilla tape around the edges to keep it all together.

Well, let me tell you it worked like a charm.

Oh well, time to get back out there on the practice field and go to work. I’m looking forward to it, and lunch too.

Coach says they’re having buffalo wings again today at the lunch buffet and I can hardly wait to load up my plate.

I guess that’s it for now. Until next time and as always,

Your BFF!

Posted by: Vic1 | August 4, 2010 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Thanks, Mr. Mayor. That's the first story in a while that's pushed the AH escapade forward. I appreciate the work behind that one -- the bonus makes a heck of a lot more sense now.

I'm surprised everyone didn't renegotiate and put in an uncapped bonus, however.

Posted by: WorstSeat | August 4, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Just sent an email to JReid. If everyone posting on here would take a second to click the "email Jason" link at the top of the post and complain about the lack of real news and the deluge of Hayney news we might get some response. Give it a try.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 4, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse

1. He's in camp officially, so he doesn't put his contract in jeopardy...ie...his money.
2. He knew this test (or something similar to it) was coming, but didn't get in shape enough for it. Again, only shows marginal effort - not the attitude of someone trying to prove something at all.

All I can say is that if he WAS trying, he needs to sue his trainer. He may have lost 35 lbs, but his conditioning sux. Did his trainer know AH has to run for his job?! Sweating 35 lbs out in the sauna doesn't count as fitness! What a joke!!

"I won't be a distraction" - Albert Haynesworth

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | August 4, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Well b-b, we're gonna have to disagree.

chrislarry, pretty much spelled out the difference between a blogger and journalist at 9:16 AM.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 4, 2010 9:25 AM

He spelled out the difference. I agree there is a difference but the difference is what I said: the difference between 1000 and 1001. We're not asking Reid to write War and Peace, to do 30 bench presses, or to repair a Toyota.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 4, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

You're not wrong at all, pfunk. But, at some point soon, he's gonna have to practice and learn the system. BTW, I'm not sure all this crap about his knee isn't a smoke screen. AND, I agree. I like that Shanny is showing him who's boss, but at some point, he's going to have to be part of this team. I'd rather it be sooner than later. AND, I agree, that he's gotta start pointing the finger at himself, however, Jimmy Johnson (of the three superbowl rings) once said he coaches everybody the same.....different. It's up to Shanny to facilitate a way to get him on the field without crumbling to his immaturity. Shanny's cashing big checks too. He needs to resolve this situation.

Posted by: seanmichaeltaylor | August 4, 2010 9:36 AM | Report abuse

He is learning the system...with trashcans on the side. Wright and Haslett have been taking extra time to work with him. He's not being ignored, he's not being ostracized; but his fat arse is not being kissed and he's not getting a pass.

JJ coached guys differently on his teams. When you have a multiple-SB winning team, you can afford to do that. This team was 4-12 last year with Haynie on it. I agree that this defense is going to be better with AH on the field ASSUMING he is personally motivated, healthy and knows the defense. That having been said, when you are 4-12 NO ONE deserves special treatment.

Again, I think Shanny is resolving the situation, there just isn't an overnight solution at hand.

Posted by: p1funk | August 4, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

any guesses on when cuts to our 80 man pre-season roster might start happening?

the regular season 53 player limit doesn't kick in until a few days before the opening game... also think there is a transitional period w/ 75 player limit in the week or two before kickoff.

at some point, it makes sense to focus on the 53 'skins that will be playing ball in September. maybe not until after the second pre-season game?

just looking for some other news...

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | August 4, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

-- 9:27 a.m. ET

7-on-7 Drills

First series of 7-on-7 work got off to a rocky start for all four quarterbacks.

Each of them misfired on passes.

Rex Grossman had the top play when he threw deep to Roydell Williams for a 40-yard touchdown. Kevin Barnes had coverage on the play.

Here are some more highlights from 7-on-7 work:

* Donovan McNabb threw deep to Roydell Williams, but can’t connect. Phillip Buchanon appeared to have solid coverage, but he did 10 push-ups anyway.

* McNabb connects with Anthony Armstrong on a pass across the middle. He got caught in a group of defenders and it appeared Kareem Moore forced – and recovered – a fumble. “Get up and run!” a coach yelled.

* Grossman threw a downfield pass to Bobby Wade, but Chris Horton is there to break up the play.

* Grossman targets Horton again, this time on a deep route to rookie Terrence Austin. Austin had a step on his fellow UCLA alum, but the pass was overthrown.

* Barnes made for yielding a TD pass earlier by nicely breaking up a pass to Devin Thomas.

Kareem Moore with another turnover. Breakout player of the year for the Redskins? Encouraging signs from a young player.

Posted by: psps23 | August 4, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Jason Reid = Greg Kinnear
Unnamed source = Magellan
Red zone = Green zone

Posted by: mattsoundworld | August 4, 2010 10:14 AM | Report abuse

HOLY FREAKIN $$HIZZIT BRITTFAR IS RETIRING!

Posted by: trezmartin | August 4, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Did anyone really question the $21 million check from the Skins POV???

It was a brilliant move to put that money in an uncapped year - it makes AH more tradeable and doesn't destroy our future cap.

The issue was how AH responded to the check. Cashing it and then saying "trade me".

Posted by: p1funk | August 4, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

I'm starting to get the impression that AH is totally faking his "injury".

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | August 4, 2010 10:08 AM

You do realize that he's had knee issues for the past three or four years. It makes no sense to force someone that has a knee injury to run on a wet field to pass a test. The goal is to have AH make a contribution to the team at the start of the season, not to prolong his absence from integrating into new scheme.

Posted by: TWISI | August 4, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

I imagine the prevalence of Haynesworth posts is based on the greater number of hits that RI gets when Albert's name is in the title.

Same thing's the rule over on SI.com, whose fan message boards are, I'm told, among the most trafficked on the Internet. They also excel in terms of number of eyes (as opposed to the heavy use by a relatively small number of posters). If you're seeking to sell ads to support a site, these numbers translate fairly directly into cash.

I know these are crass commercial considerations, but then again, we live in a market economy, which is after all what provided our idiot owner had enough money to sign Albert Haynesworth.

Posted by: Samson151 | August 4, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

I'm leaving to get my news from CBS sports and SI.com.

Albert Haynesworth stories are not "Insider" news.

What else will I find out today on the Washington Post?

Donovan McNabb is our quarterback?!

We are at war with Afghanistan?!

Our President is black?!

The Palin family is retarded?!

Brett Favre is retiring...maybe?!

HOLY SH_T! Groundbreaking

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 4, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

"In 2010 a guy who wants to get by on your excuse "I'm a journalist, now a blogger" will be spending a lot of time looking for work. The world isn't going to support that degree of specialization. The other WaPo sports "journalists" -- Nats, Wiz, Caps -- are able to walk and chew gum at the same time. Only Reid is not up to the task."

i feel ya on this...basically saying the same thing.

Posted by: chrislarry | August 4, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | August 4, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Except that Shanny has been listening to the trainers and medical staff.

If AH has bribed the Skins trainers to get in on the fake, then that would be something. But I'm not sure how you fake a swollen knee...it's either swells or it doesn't.

This is not like T.O.'s mystery hamstring from a few years back that was just "sore" even though no medical person or test on the face of the earth could manage to find anything wrong with it.

Posted by: p1funk | August 4, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Our President is black and retarded?!

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 4, 2010 10:17 AM

There, fixed it for ya.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 4, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

I'm starting to get the impression that AH is totally faking his "injury".

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | August 4, 2010 10:08 AM

Posted by: TWISI | August 4, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

+ its the training staff that is holding him back at this point. He had his knee drained last year about this time. I wouldnt worry about him learning the schemes, im sure hes seen most of it before. And at the end of the day its still see ball get ball.

Posted by: Stu27 | August 4, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | August 4, 2010 10:12 AM

Great news about Moore. Rhino had a good day yesterday. Hopefully Rhino continues to grow into a solid backup player this year.

Posted by: TWISI | August 4, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

regarding the kvetching about JReid and RI from chrislarry et al, here's my take...

we're getting so much about AH because it is a national sports story with some built-in drama, for better or worse.

hamsters are bored because we hear about it all the time, but we're not JReid's only audience.

clearly the self-proclaimed "Mayor" is looking to increase his credibility as a reporter who can break news that is of interest to people beyond the devout 'skins fans that comment here.

and yes... he is the one breaking news on AH. look at any of the other sports sites, and you'll find that almost all of their stories rehash JReid's reporting, with links back to his RI posts.

having seen JLa cash in on the thankless task of running this blog and move on to bigger, greener pastures, you have to ask what JReid's motive is for pursuing AH so relentlessly.

unfortunately, all of this comes at the expense of basic sports beat reporting like we've seen from Keim's "Redskins Confidentail" at the Examiner.... although even Keim links back here on a regular basis.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | August 4, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Look at it this way: would you rather be living in Minnesota reading story after story about Brett Favre? Now that's embarrassing.

Supposedly the Vikes offered him $20 mil to play this year.

Posted by: Samson151 | August 4, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

No News in No News.....

Wow....

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 4, 2010 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | August 4, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

When I read Keim, it sounded like the biggest question mark was at backup right tackle, where Oldenburg and Heyer are working.

Oldenburg just doesn't seem to be any good, and apparently Heyer has regressed.

How does a solid/healthy Rhino help in this dilemma?

If Rhino can be a decent RG, then Artis Hicks could move to backup Brown at RT and we can play "musical linemen" without skipping a beat.

Posted by: p1funk | August 4, 2010 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 4, 2010 10:08 AM

We'll get a response alright. It will go something like this:

"I've been getting a lot of questions in the last day about why I spend so much time covering Albert Haynesworth. I thought I should answer that for you.

"Haynesworth, the 320 pound defensive tackle who signed the biggest contract ever in the world, has missed all of the practices to date. He has been unable......

blah, blah, blah. Same song, different tempo.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 4, 2010 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Free agent RB Ladell Betts is visiting Denver and New Orleans this week. Longtime Redskin is healthy after serious injury in 2009.
about 15 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
.JasonLaCanfora

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 4, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Supposedly the Vikes offered him $20 mil to play this year.

Posted by: Samson151 | August 4, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

I know. But if Favre "backtracks" on the retirement rumors and says he's going to play now, doesn't it make him look like a money-grubbing mercenary???

Not that is matters. Brett Favre apparently gets a pass for everything.

Posted by: p1funk | August 4, 2010 10:31 AM | Report abuse

If you go to CBS sports .com , there is a good article about the Love/Hate of the was. Redskins.

There is a link on SI.com as well.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 4, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Since we have no new Insider topics to discuss, does anyone know of a good local trail to hike other than Grate Falls and Roosevelt Island?

It's supposed to be really nice this weekend so I want to take advantage. Thanks to any that respond!

Posted by: Devo2 | August 4, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | August 4, 2010 10:28 AM |

Not a bad idea. I'd keep an eye out to the 49ers whom seem to have some depth on their line. A solid backup vet player could be released early during the preseason.

Posted by: TWISI | August 4, 2010 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | August 4, 2010 10:23 AM

Cow--I don't think it's either/or. It's fine for him to post about Haynesworth if he also posts about the other things that are going on out there. It's Redskins Insider, not Haynesworth Insider.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 4, 2010 10:34 AM | Report abuse

AH updates, even if they're just to tell us that he is still hurt and won't be running the test again, are necessary. I for one came to RI this morning with my first question being whether or not AH was practicing.

The problem with RI is that there has been minimal updates with regards to camp OTHER than AH. While other news outlets are providing highlight-by-highlight analysis of practices, WaPo is sitting idly. If all I read was RI, I'd have no idea Kareem Moore was tearing it up on defense, that the RBs look refreshed and rejuvenated, and that Terrence Austin looks great so far in camp.

(BTW, Austin has a great daily column that he's writing for Redskins.com every day with a recap of his thoughts on practice).

Wapo really needs to step it up. I'm strongly considering avoiding this site altogether.

Posted by: psps23 | August 4, 2010 10:35 AM | Report abuse

From my little Bro at Training Camp:

"Terrance Austin is the Man...Small, but will make his way on our team"

"Devin is having his 3rd good day...Moo"re will be our starting safty"

"Fred Davis, Larry Johnson are balling"

"Rex blows"

Posted by: chrislarry | August 4, 2010 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Since the Super Bowl in February, we have been working feverishly to secure what is surely our biggest interview to date. Our argument: Hogs Haven is home to the greatest community of Redskins fans out there. Our readers are passionate, intelligent and involved. It took some time, but the Washington Redskins organization seems to agree, and they proved it by making the owner of the team available to us for what was a very interesting conversation at Redskins Park.

At certain points I felt like The Dude must have when he was sitting in the office of the Big Lebowski. If Snyder asked me what day it was, no way my first guess would have been right. I quickly tried to understand why I was rattled, and it hit me. Here we were, face to face with the protagonist of the play that has seen my character get a steady diet of groin punches over the years. Neither Kevin nor I were nervous, but our minds were racing as we fought to stick with the list of questions we had created and not lose track right after the first question. It's not like you can ask a man what his childhood memories are of watching the Redskins and then follow it up with, "At what point did you decide Jim Zorn was no longer the right coach for this team?" You can't ask him to move one preseason game per season to RFK and follow it up with, "Was the move to turn the page on the Vinny Cerrato era rooted even a little bit in efforts to inspire the Redskins fan base?" Can you go from talking about the extensive work the Redskins Charitable Foundation does in our community to telling Dan Snyder that Redskins fans absolutely believed that the Front Office was directly responsible for the censoring of signs and t-shirts last season at FedEx?

Oh yes...we talked about all of these things. Better yet...Dan Snyder answered all of our questions. Both Kevin and I were most afraid of coming off as the Jennie Finch's of sports interviewing. We had a few softballs to toss at Dan, but we also had some questions that he would probably never get asked by Larry Michael on Redskins Nation. We respect Larry of course, but let's just say nobody is going to confuse him with Mike Wallace any time soon.

Already, we have been peppered with questions about what we were and were not allowed to ask and talk about. Let me be very clear: we were not given any parameters on this one. I had personally sent over some topics we were most interested in to Tony Wyllie, the new Senior Vice President who took over for Karl Swanson. But we were not only permitted to ask Snyder anything, at one point we were encouraged by both Wyllie and Snyder to ask him the questions that we felt Skins fans really wanted answers to. There was nothing they specifically told us not to bring up and there were no topics that had been pre-selected to ignore.

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 4, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

"I'm starting to get the impression that AH is totally faking his "injury". It makes sense along with everything else."

I 100% thought the same thing but he's fat and out of shape so it can happen.

Again, the sad part here is he collected all of that money and he's fat and out of shape. He doesn't want to the OTA's fine, but there's no reason he can't be in shape when he hasn't played football in nearly 8 months and this is his "profession."

Tired of hearing about the guy to be honest.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | August 4, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

"There's absolutely nothing new on the examiner. It's the same crap as here. I agree with you the RI has been less than illuminating but that Keim guy is doing the same thing with a different font."

What are you talking about? Keim is providing MUCH more information on who's looking good in practice and who isn't (at least to him) with the daily "studs and duds" thing and his "training camp notebook." For example, he wrote,
"For a guy as tall as the 6-foot-6 Carriker, he’s done a good job thus far at staying low and gaining leverage against offensive linemen. It’s hard to imagine him losing the starting left end position. Monday, Carriker controlled right guard Artis Hicks in their matchups. Though Hicks is two inches shorter, Carriker consistently stayed lower. A couple times he simply pushed Hicks deep into the backfield."

I don't remember seeing anything this detailed and informative on RI. I don't like the Examiner as a publication and would choose the Post over it 10 times out of 10. But Keim is eating Reid's and Maese's lunch, and he'll be a regular read for me.

Posted by: rufus_t_firefly | August 4, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

"Cause, I think Fat Al is faking it, and if he isn't then why hasn't anyone gotten his personal trainer in the off season on the line to ask him a few questions? Or maybe they have."

Reports are that the knee was swollen. How do you fake that?

Posted by: rufus_t_firefly | August 4, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | August 4, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Oldenburg just doesn't seem to be any good, and apparently Heyer has regressed.

How does a solid/healthy Rhino help in this dilemma?

Posted by: p1funk | August 4, 2010 10:28 AM
------------------------------------------
Good slant on this p1funk. I was forgetting that Hicks could also play tackle. So, I guess it would be an extremely good thing for the team if Rino evolved into a starter.

For the record, the team could use a little more competition at tackle. Oldenberg isn't going to make it and Heyer was Bugel's pet project - now that Buges is gone, Heyer is sunk. Of course, they have Capers and Robinson, but Robinson is really too small to play tackle in the NFL and Capers is just too raw. So, maybe they can queue up a trade for some veteran tackle out there who won't break the bank.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 4, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Good updates, at this point however I really have no clue whats going on in our LBs corp. How many Middle linebackers are we keeping after Fletch, is anyone figthing HB for the backup role and who the #ell is playing inside or outside LB, who is the backup for Orakpo at the Buck position(this Buck position update is the only linebackers update i have seen so far anywhere). many questions with this unit. Robert Hanson, Perry Riley where do these guys fit in???

Posted by: Stu27 | August 4, 2010 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 4, 2010 10:41 AM |

NO, it won't be a trade. They'll get a vet who is cut by another team.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 4, 2010 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | August 4, 2010 10:34 AM

well, that's kind of my point... JReid posts almost exclusively about AH because that's the "big fish" story that gets him some national credibility, and might eventually lift him beyond the limited confines of RI.

everything else on RI is handled by Rick, Paul, etc on a pretty haphazard basis. so maybe the biggest thing that I've noticed is the absence of editorial focus now that Cindy has moved on.

for many journalists who come from a traditional "reporter" background, running a blog focused on a single team isn't that much fun and is probably perceived as either a stepping stone or career dead-end.

not saying that's right or the way it should be... but the strength of this blog is the fanbase rather than the reporting.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | August 4, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

cl, tell him thanks, we informationally starved people appreciate the updates...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 4, 2010 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Trade CR22 now and start Buchanan...Tryon #3...BArnes #4

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 4, 2010 10:47 AM | Report abuse

beep-beep, just to clarify:

I'm not saying that those who are knocking Reid's approach to the blog are wrong. All I'm saying that you shouldn't act surprised given the guy's history. I'm just trying to figure why there is such an outcry over his threads and his lack of touch with the people who make this place go -- us...

THAT is all!

I swear, it's like some people automatically think you're against them just because you're not along with them in the mob carrying pitchforks and torches.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 4, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the camp details psps23. I actually find your information better than what is posted as "news threads".

Posted by: RudysWay | August 4, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Aug 4 10:46 ET The Redskins have issues at backup RT. Both Stephon Heyer and Clint Oldenburg have looked spotty in camp. Heyer has starting experience, but his sloppy footwork gets him in trouble against good rushers and makes him a tough fit in this offense

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 4, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Here's what ih8 was talking about:

Pretty spot on analysis for the most part. Not a bad read at all.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 4, 2010 10:55 AM | Report abuse

From my little Bro at Training Camp:

"Terrance Austin is the Man...Small, but will make his way on our team"

"Devin is having his 3rd good day...Moo"re will be our starting safty"

"Fred Davis, Larry Johnson are balling"

"Rex blows"

Posted by: chrislarry | August 4, 2010 10:36 AM
------------------------------------------
Agree on Austin. Sounds like he has a gear that no one else on the team has.

DT has gotten serious about football. Some guys respond well to competition and I think he is one of them. Moore is a bonafide free safety. It is surprising how little we have heard about Doughty, who was supposed to transition to free safety.

Fred Davis and Larry Johnson are going to help this team this year. If the team could run some formations with two tight ends and three running backs, they might be able to fully utilize their best talent...

As for Grossman, I am not a big fan, but it seems to me he is connecting on more passes than McNabb. Therefore, if Grossman blows, McNabb is blow-ier. I say this jokingly. These guys are throwing to a dozen different receivers that all accelerate at different rates, cut different ways and run at different speeds. It is difficult as hell to get timing down with such a huge group of receivers. As the team starts to settle on one group of receivers as starters, and another group of receivers as second string, then the quarterbacks will start connecting more frequently. I think the team addressed the quarterback situation that they were least comfortable with and the rest of the off target throws are to be chalked up as getting timing down.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 4, 2010 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Aug 4 9:32 ET
Several veterans are sitting out practice, presumably for rest, including LB London Fletcher, RT Jammal Brown, RB Clinton Portis, WR Santana Moss, RB Larry Johnson and WR Joey Galloway.

Aug 4 9:33 ET
It's a minor storyline, but one that bears watching: LS Nick Sundberg has been highly inconsistent and has had several bad snaps this morning. The Redskins might need to give former LS Ethan Albright a call at some point.

Aug 4 10:13 ET
The offense continues to show a lot of misdirection. The unit has worked a lot on getting the defense flowing one way and hitting them the other direction – with passes and runs.

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 4, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

we're getting so much about AH because it is a national sports story... and yes... he is the one breaking news on AH.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | August 4, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse
---------------------------

The problem is that it is a national sports story BECAUSE Reid has sensationalized much of it.

None of what Chicken Little was marketing has materialized: The fight over position, the trade, the alienation of the team, coach, or even Haynesworth.

He showed up and everyone is managing the situation as adults. No tantrums. No vendettas. No ultimatums. It's so... UN-newsworthy that it made PTI last night.

Posted by: mattsoundworld | August 4, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

"Oldenburg just doesn't seem to be any good, and apparently Heyer has regressed."

+++

Regressed? He had no where to go but up.

Posted by: edvar | August 4, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Pulling for this kid:

-- 9:45 a.m. ET

Betting On Banks?

Brandon Banks was one of my five rookies to watch heading into training camp.

Banks hasn’t jumped out yet on offense – it didn’t help that backup quarterbacks were struggling early in camp.

On punt return drills during Wednesday’s practice, Banks flashed his impressive speed and cut-back ability.

Last year, Banks tied for the nation’s lead in kickoff returns for touchdowns with four. He was 12th in the nation with a 28-.9-yard kick return average and he was 35th in the nation with a 9.1-yard punt return average.

As a wide receiver, Banks led the Wildcats’ offense with 56 catches for 705 yards last year.

Posted by: stevek20147 | August 4, 2010 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: stevek20147 | August 4, 2010 10:58 AM

Co-sign on Banks

Had him on the "Grab this FA after the draft" list. I expect him to pop in a preseason game with a (couple of?) big returns.

Hoping...

Posted by: edvar | August 4, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo

Also to Red, yeah I agree with both of you in the "what did you expect" vibe...I guess I just would like to see a higher quality is all. And sorta sick of the best part being the comments....wouldn't mind a little better top-down quality either...

But Red we are more in agreement then disagreement.

Posted by: chrislarry | August 4, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

For those that cry that there's too much AH info....it's news, it's a big story, getting national coverage. If Reid didn't report on it, those would be harping that he wasn't doing his job....I want constant updates on it because I want this loser to get buried on how much of a complete wuss of a man he is.

Secondly, those that defend AH, or make asinine statements that his teammates should support him, cheer him on, cajole him to be part of the team, etc. BS- he is proven how completely worhtless of a man he is. Pad him, use him for practice fodder, bench him, and illustrate how the team will move on and persevere without him.

Personally, I think he is incapable of coming around and being the man and player many feel he still can be. True colors on this dude- a loser, a wuss, a pitiful poor excuse for a man in the body he has. Until he can step up, man up, and be totally committed to the team, keep on doing what you're doing Shanny. This 'sorry excuse of a man' is one of the 'all-time' losers in the history of this organization. He's up there with Jeff "leadership is overrated" George.

Posted by: BigDeck | August 4, 2010 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 4, 2010 10:08 AM

DONE AND DONE. This Haynesworth stuff is ridiculous.

Posted by: saltine182 | August 4, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Reports are that the knee was swollen. How do you fake that?

Posted by: rufus_t_firefly | August 4, 2010 10:41 AM

It could be from eating Chinese. It could be from firing a few MMA-style knee-upper-cuts into the wall during his "potty break".

The point is that no one really cares about Shuttlesworth's knee - it's a minor issue really in the grand scheme of things. Look closely at the expression on his face during his exercises. Jesus man, at least pretend like you want to get past this nuisance of a test and get the ball rolling with the rest of the team.

The nanosecond Shanny sees that, FatFukk will have miraculously 'passed' his fitness test with flying colors and time to spare.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 4, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse

How about an update on how the new defensive ends(Carriker, Holliday, Jarmon) are doing in that role.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 4, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Daniel Snyder says he once tried the conditioning test
Posted by Mike Florio on August 4, 2010

When ESPN's Mike Golic, many years and many more Twinkies removed from his playing days, passed the conditioning test that Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth consistently has failed, the notion that Haynesworth is merely being picked on by coach Mike Shanahan took a major hit.

It would have been even worse if owner Daniel Snyder had passed the thing.

In an interview with HogsHaven.com, Snyder says that he once tried -- and apparently failed -- to demonstrate that he's in what Shanahan calls "football shape."

"First of all, it is hard," Snyder said. "A couple years back, I tell [linebacker] London Fletcher I am going to run this thing. He gets me a pair of cleats and I go out there and try to do it. . . . I am no athlete. London was just about peeing his pants he was laughing so hard at me as I dry-heaved. I felt like I was going to die."

Almost as intriguing, in our view, is the fact that the guys who did the interview entered the room with no intention of asking any questions about Haynesworth, and Snyder simply blurted this out. (Reasonable minds may differ on whether questions should have been asked about Haynesworth, but we can understand why a site that caters to the fans of the Redskins would exercise discretion in a manner that avoids potentially alienating a large chunk the readership by dredging up stuff that could ultimately make a very bad situation even worse. Or maybe one of the conditions of the interview was that they couldn't ask questions about Haynesworth, and that they also had to make it look like it was their idea not to. Either way, it's hard to make a plausible case for completely avoiding the hottest-button issue this side of Brett Favre's maybe, could be, possible Third Annual Retirement.)

So Mike Golic can pass the test. Dan Snyder can't. More importantly, Haynesworth can't -- and he'll stop trying to do so until his knee is healed. At which time he likely won't be in any better shape than he was when he tried unsuccessfully to pass it the first time around. Meanwhile, coach Mike Shanahan has to decide whether to stick to his guns, to the ongoing detriment of getting Haynesworth ready for Week 1.

Yeah, we can see why the subject isn't newsworthy.

Posted by: suliman215 | August 4, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Aug 4 9:33 ET

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 4, 2010 10:57 AM |

Where's beep-beep. These are the updates I've been seeing about LS and they ain't JReid pieces.

I think the knock on JReid isn't necessarily that we get AH updates as much as the proportion of them to other relevant Skins news/evaluations is lopsided.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 4, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

More from little bro LArry

(1/2) Clearly going to run a lot of 2 TE sets... I have watched fred davis catch more than 20 balls at least 4 tds. Moore and landry have like 2 picks each in tranning camp. Albert does nothing. Maybe he is learning the scheme. But most of the time is just twirlingg his helmet

(1/2) Jamal brown did not practice. Im not sure why. But heyer got beat all day..i love our new full back morris. We drafted him. He will take over for sellers

Barnes is a joke. Lorenzo alexander will be a starting LB

Posted by: chrislarry | August 4, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Oh no he d'ent!!

Snyder won't like that at all. Allen's days are already numbered.

Posted by: artiesliver | August 4, 2010 9:32 AM | Report abuse

This is what passes for RI reader comments these days? Seriously, some of you are absolute morons. Allen's days are not numbered and Allen's comment won't offend Snyder. Give. Me. A. Break.

Posted by: Barno1 | August 4, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Brandon Banks or Terrance Austin??? You gotta figure this team will only keep one of them. They are pretty similar, small WRs return specialists. Austin 5'11 172 Banks 5'7 150. Both had good if not great college career, Austin playing all four years at UCLA, Banks a highly touted Juco transfer played a large role for Kstate after arriving.

Posted by: Stu27 | August 4, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 4, 2010 10:08 AM

DONE AND DONE. This Haynesworth stuff is ridiculous.

Posted by: saltine182 | August 4, 2010 11:09 AM

Any more takers?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 4, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | August 4, 2010 9:28 AM

I did see him involved quite a bit last Thursday, hopefully he's not fading.

Posted by: stevek20147 | August 4, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

prediction: Banks will be a practice player, Austen makes the team with ease.

Posted by: psps23 | August 4, 2010 11:26 AM | Report abuse

I am so ready for some football.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 4, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | August 4, 2010 11:06 AM
Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 4, 2010 11:22 AM

guess I'm one of the few here who don't mind the constant barrage of AH posts... but seems like we're all agreed that more coverage of actual camp battles would be nice.

by that, I don't mean the posts that focus on one or two players... those are ok, but WaPo could also just stick an intern out by the practice field and have him/her take notes and report highlights/lowlights once per day.

Keim's "studs and duds" is a reasonable template, and it would be interesting to compare notes to see where observers agree/disagree about performance on any given day.

JReid can have the AH storyline and trademark it if he wants.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | August 4, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Stu, that has nothing to do with Stompy. Plz stop talking nonsense.

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 4, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

AH update:

He's hitting the blocking sleds....

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 4, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Aug 4 11:38 ET

RT Jammal Brown sat out practice today because of a mild hip strain. Brown said he will return to practice Thursday. Brown missed last season after having surgery on his labrum for a sports hernia.

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 4, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

AH update:

He's hitting the blocking sleds....

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 4, 2010 11:35 AM |

Thank you Wolf Blitzer.

Get it?

Jesus I'm too strong.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 4, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

AH update:

He's hitting the blocking sleds....

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 4, 2010 11:35 AM

Is that what we're calling "dropping a deuce" now? I thought we were calling it "taking his talents to South Beach"?

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 4, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Jason Reid,

For the love of gawd, PLEASE spare us the Haynesworth articles, posts, tweets, blogs...whatever. Please, I beg you.

And to the guy who emailed Jason with the question about the $21M bonus, knock it off. No more questions.

Posted by: right-to-self-defense | August 4, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Ya think?!

Posted by: artsnsportz | August 4, 2010 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Get it?

Jesus I'm too strong.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 4, 2010 11:43 AM

Nope.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 4, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 4, 2010 11:43 AM

Dude you've become Big Fan on this Haynesworth deal.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | August 4, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Get it?

Jesus I'm too strong.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 4, 2010 11:43 AM

Nope.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 4, 2010 11:46 AM |

Dude, you're a total D o u c h e B a g.

Deal with it.

I own you and your mother but I am considering selling you both on E-Bay to the highest bidder over $6 or a commemorative Redskins plastic beer cup.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 4, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 4, 2010 11:53 AM

As long as you break me off some dough.....OK

Actually I got a few of them Beer Cups, so can I purchase myself?

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 4, 2010 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Supposedly the Vikes offered him $20 mil to play this year.

Posted by: Samson151 | August 4, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Not that is matters. Brett Favre apparently gets a pass for everything.

Posted by: p1funk | August 4, 2010 10:31 AM | Report abuse

He's 40, has started 285 straight games and still plays like he's 15. He's paid his dues, he can get away with whatever he wants.

Posted by: murphyz703 | August 4, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Someone should stick a mic in Brett Favres face and ask him what he thinks of Fatberts bonus. Yeah. And then they should anonymously call Jason Reid with the scoop. Or if he's on the phone, they could call Shawn Suisham and he would be sure to forward the scoop via text.

Posted by: mattsoundworld | August 4, 2010 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Give us a closeup description of Haynesworth's sweat glands and the creases in his pants as he sits on the bench , JR..Or at least a "Days Of Our Haynesworth Lives" episode with the Ricano skank he knocked up from the strip joint.."JEW JUS GOT PAY TWENTY_ONE MILLION DOLLER

Posted by: frak | August 4, 2010 12:21 PM | Report abuse

mooooooooooove along... new thread on Russ Grim

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | August 4, 2010 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Weird how that whole first installment of the Snyder interview with hogshaven.com there wasn't a single interesting question asked. I certainly don't care what Dan thinks about HD or his mom's chili, for chrissakes.

Just ask him what his job is these days with the Redskins it would have been a better interview.

Two-thumbs-down-pathetic.

Posted by: Pepper5 | August 4, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

heh, thanks fer the censorship...

Moss at #1, DT at #2 and Austin at #3, when Davis or Cooley are not in a 2 TE set , doesn't sound too bad...

Posted by: frak | August 4, 2010 12:24 PM | Report abuse

More 11-on-11 Action

With practice winding down, coaches continue to get a good look at young players and roster hopefuls.

Anthony Bryant, playing with the second-team defense, gets a hand on a Donovan McNabb pass at the line of scrimmage. Chris Horton had a chance at an interception but could not hang on.
Bobby Wade found himself covered by Chris Wilson and he broke to the end zone. Chris Horton could not get over to help in time. Donovan McNabb’s pass was perfectly placed for Wade to score a touchdown.
The aforementioned Shay Hodge pulled in a quick slant pass from Rex Grossman.
Hodge again on a downfield route. Grossman’s downfield pass was overthrown.
Grossman threw deep to Terrence Austin in the end zone, but the pass was beyond Austin’s reach.
An awkward pass by Grossman on a deep route to Fred Davis. For some reason, he threw the ball off his back leg and the ball was nowhere near Davis, who was wide open heading to the end zone.
-- 10:40 a.m. ET
Hurry Up!

The Redskins’ first-team offense – keep in mind that some veterans were sitting out – competed against the second-team defense in the hurry-up offense.

Here is where you can see Donovan McNabb’s on-field leadership. He is calm at the line of scrimmage and directs receivers to the right position.

Here’s a play by play of the series:

McNabb tossed a quick pass to Willie Parker across the middle for a modest gain.
McNabb fired a 15-yard pass to Bobby Wade, who split two defenders to make the grab.
McNabb targeted Devin Thomas downfield next and picked up another chunk of yardage.
McNabb capped the drive by throwing a 25-yard touchdown pass to Chris Cooley, who caught the ball and tumbled into the end zone for the apparent score. Justin Tryon put a hard hit on Cooley just as he crossed the goal line.
Hold everything! Coaches decided to put the ball at the 1-yard line so the offense could get some work in on the goal line.

McNabb dropped back and threw to Cooley on the left side. Cooley was in one-on-one coverage with Kareem Moore. The ball was off target, incomplete.
McNabb rolls left and throws a short fade pass to Darrel Young, who was wide open. He pulled in the pass in the end zone, beating Chris Draft for the score.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 4, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

And how long until Albert calls the union and gets them to file a greivance that Shanny is making him do windsprints for failing to attend a largely optional summer practice.

Posted by: oldtimehockey | August 4, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

First, the Redskins training staff has indicated that Haynesworth's injury is legitimate.

Second, they can't cut him while hurt or they are stuck for his salary and any NFL team can pick him up at little expense to the.

Third, if they cut Haynesorth, hurt or not, the Jets, Cowboys, and Giants wold be delighted to pick him up. And you've spent $21 million for ....

Posted by: Nemo24601 | August 4, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, ANY CHANCE WE CAN GET SOME ACTUAL TRAINING CAMP NEWS OTHER THAN ALBERT? HOW IS OUR #1 DRAFT PICK LOOKING? JAMAAL BROWN? PERRY RILEY?

NO OFFENSE, BUT WHO CARES ABOUT ALBERT NEWS? WHAT DON'T WE KNOW ABOUT THIS?

GIVE US SOME REAL INSIDE DIRT!

THANKS

Posted by: brich2323 | August 4, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

What ahs Bruce Allen done since he took over....NOTHING. He like AH is just collecting a paycheck. I hope Snyder gets rid of him, good for nothing. Living of his dad's legacy

Posted by: Incognito00 | August 4, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

JReid is a JOKE!
"Although Haynesworth did not grumble publicly about the defensive switch and his potential role this season, he expressed concerns to defensive coordinator Jim Haslett during a meeting at Redskins Park in February"

Haynesworth for all his ills and faults DID NOt grumble publicly, it was JReid.

HOW many articles did JReid write about this... JReid was the public voice of this whole fiasco, he was yelling from the soapbox for all to hear... and now he is attempting to absolve his involvement with subtle nuance.

JReid you are pathetic.

Posted by: Chocolate_City | August 4, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Idiot Fans and Writer.

"Especially since we LOST 4 MORE with him on the roster."

I guess that was his fault that the Skins had Know offensive Line.

Well they better block better this season or this team may not win a game.
McNabb is not as young as the QB we had here last year.

Posted by: shamken | August 4, 2010 4:19 PM | Report abuse

By now we know every detail of AH's life except what his mother fed him as a baby and his favorite flavor ice cream

Posted by: randysbailin | August 4, 2010 8:51 PM | Report abuse

Mr. Haney, Mr. Haney, Arnold Ziffel is above you on the depth chart and he's more endearing to the little ones. Oliver Wendell Snyder will be taking you to Hooterville pronto. Oh wait, you've already taken him to the Hooterville bank.

Posted by: habibhaddad | August 4, 2010 9:21 PM | Report abuse