Albert Haynesworth's brother killed in motorcycle crash

Albert Haynesworth's brother was killed Thursday night in a motorcycle crash, according to Nashville news reports.

Nashville police confirmed that Haynesworth's brother, Lance McCoy, 23, was traveling at high rate of speed when he struck a car and was killed about 9 p.m., according to the Nashville Tennessean. He was pronounced dead at Vanderbilt Medical Center. According to News Channel 5 in Nashville, police say witnesses reported that McCoy was going around 100 mph and was weaving in and out of traffic when he crashed into a car. No other injuries were reported.

Haynesworth was one of three boys raised by Linda Haynesworth, along with McCoy and Tyriom Edwards, in Hartsville, S.C.

It was not immediately clear whether Haynesworth was at Redskins Park on Friday. A team spokesman said it was a personal matter and Coach Mike Shanahan would address it after practice.

Haynesworth has appeared in three of the Redskins' four games this season and turned in his best performance in last Sunday's win over Philadelphia. Against the Eagles, he had four tackles -- including one for a loss, batted down one pass and drew two holding penalties from the Philadelphia offensive linemen. He saw increased action, played strong in nickel packages and seemed primed to take on an expanded role in the Redskins' defense moving forward.
Even Shanahan noted Haynesworth's strong play at Philadelphia.

"The more he plays like that, the more he's going to play," Shanahan said earlier this week.

On the season, Haynesworth has eight tackles but is still looking for his first sack.

By Rick Maese  | October 8, 2010; 10:39 AM ET
Categories:  Albert Haynesworth
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: McNabb, Redskins need more receivers to catch on
Next: Packers QB Aaron Rodgers presents stiff challenge to defense

Comments

tragic news. prayers and condolences to the family.

Posted by: cedric_lockhart | October 8, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

That sucks...but the kids flying around on those rice rockets are dangerous!

Posted by: PlayAction | October 8, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Who is going to be the first to complain about another AH post?

Posted by: PlayAction | October 8, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Wow, that is tragic. It sounds like the Haynesworth family has trouble obeying speed limits. Condolences to the family. Wonder if he'll play this weekend.

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 8, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

That's terrible news.

Posted by: MadeRED | October 8, 2010 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Terrible news. Just terrible. RIP.

Posted by: beep-beep | October 8, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Very sad news. Thoughts and prayers out to his family

Posted by: jm220 | October 8, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Sad news. Condolenses.

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 8, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Whoa. Sad and sobering news for AH and family.

It'll be interesting to see what comes of this for AH. He's become a less-than-human figure in the media and the ready target for jokes and lampooning - not that AH has done much to play that down.

As sad and tragic as this is; it can be the kind of event in someone's life that becomes a turning point for perspective and bringing into focus the things that matter most in life - and those things are not 3-4 vs. 4-3 schemes and trade-demands.

Posted by: p1funk | October 8, 2010 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Sometimes just as you overcome one hurdle, life has this sick sense humor by throwing up another 10x more difficult to overcome than the first for it's own amusement.

Sorry to hear about his brother (there is no such thing as "half" when it comes to family). Hopefully this will put things into perspective for Haynesworth as to what's important and what in life is really worth fighting for. The next time he's sulking about playing time or a position, hopefully he'll remember his brother, and how the things we perceive as a big deal really isn't, and the things we consider trivial and insignificant can be the most uplifting in life.

Hear today, gone today.... RIP

Posted by: RedDMV | October 8, 2010 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 8, 2010 10:53 AM

I'm sure you're always under the speed limit, Rypien11.

Posted by: beep-beep | October 8, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Dag, Red.

Stop looking at my paper.

Posted by: p1funk | October 8, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

I kinda want to be selfish by wanting Haynesworth to play on Sunday, but I totally understand if he can't make it, I couldn't imagine what he's going through right now!

If he does play, I'd hate to be an offensive lineman for the Packers. He could come off the ball like a madman and have an AMAZING game, almost like Favre did on Monday Night against the Raiders a few years ago.

This Bud's for you Fat Al.....

Posted by: monk811 | October 8, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

My condolences to Albert and his family.

Posted by: skinsfan713 | October 8, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

That sucks. Prayers to the family. Man, sometimes you just can't catch a break. Albert's personal life is fraught with problems. I wonder how close he is to the family. Red said there are no halves in family. I know I'm as close to my half brother and sister as to anyone is to their full blood but I had a roomate in college that never spoke to his and barely knew them. Anyone notice the 3 brothers all have different last names, not that that matters.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

tragic...my heart goes out to the Haynesworth family

Posted by: askhosh10 | October 8, 2010 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Every day we wake up is a gift and tomorrow is guaranteed to no man. Things like this remind me of that.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | October 8, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Sad news.

Posted by: mack1 | October 8, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | October 8, 2010 11:03 AM

That despicable, holier-than-thou sack of shi t, Mike Florio, couldn't wait to make a joke about the man's death:

The phrase "high rate of speed" has become synonymous with Haynesworth. He has driven cars and boats at high rates of speed on more than a few occasions.

Posted by: beep-beep | October 8, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | October 8, 2010 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Well said. This is unfortunate news for sure and I feel for AH and his family. I really do hope this puts his "troubles" in perspective. For all the millions that sit in his account, no amount of cash can bring back his brother. Hopefully he gets back to just playing football after the grieving. I wonder if he'll play this weekend- not to sound trite or insensitive, but we kinda need him in there if at all possible.

HTTR

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | October 8, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Thats too bad...

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 8, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

p1, I was just gonna say the same thing... same time and all.

Posted by: RedDMV | October 8, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

...but the kids flying around on those rice rockets are dangerous!

Posted by: PlayAction | October 8, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

When I was in college/partying days, I would drive around 495 to SE/Navy Yard to some of the clubs down there on Friday nights.

There are stretches of 495 where motorcycle-heads like to gather and ride together in packs.

I'm in a regular car and I'm driving along pushing 80-85 mph. Out of the blue 3-4 rice-rockets would come screaming up on me and pass me like I'm standing still - weaving in-out of traffic, some of them popping wheelies...

I was a pretty reckless dude in college with some of the things I did, but I always thought those cats had a death-wish.

Posted by: p1funk | October 8, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Sorry for your loss, Albert. That's just tragic news.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 8, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

I guess I feel mild remorse for saying last July that I wish AH would be neutered with a rusty fork. I think this will change the way he thinks and plays though; in some way like the team stepped-up in 2007 when ST21 died. You have to channel that emotion into something and pro ball-players are used to using emotion as a tool to excel.

Dont get on a bike if you cant use it responsibly; he could have killed any number of people driving like that.

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | October 8, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | October 8, 2010 11:03 AM

Posted by: beep-beep | October 8, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

When I think of "less-than-human", Florio definitely comes to mind.

Posted by: p1funk | October 8, 2010 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Yet you just had to mention it anyway huh? Classy.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | October 8, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Very sad. Condolences to the family and one bit of advice. albert, sell your speedboat.

The irony here is inadvertantly his brother may have saved Albert's life.

Posted by: TheCork | October 8, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Terrible news. Condolences to the family. Hope AH takes his time and deals with this in whatever way works for him.

Nothing can prepare you for a sudden loss like this, hopefully AH has some teammates that will stick by him when he comes back into town.

Hold your head up, big man.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | October 8, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Yet you just had to mention it anyway huh? Classy.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | October 8, 2010 11:27 AM |

I make an observation and of course you take it to that level. I'd say class is lost on you. If you read the whole post I said that I, too, had half brothers and sisters. Therefore I am not judging when it comes to different last names. I'm not surprised that your mind would go there though. You have proven time and again that you are a blithering idiot.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Hope AH takes his time and deals with this in whatever way works for him.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | October 8, 2010 11:28 AM

I'm hoping that includes separating Aaron Rodgers head from his neck.

Posted by: PlayAction | October 8, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | October 8, 2010 11:27 AM |

You have proven time and again that you are a blithering idiot.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 11:31 AM

And, he pleads Guilty.

Posted by: beep-beep | October 8, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

I'm sure you're always under the speed limit, Rypien11.

Posted by: beep-beep | October 8, 2010 11:04 AM

No, but I'm not doing twice the speed limit weaving in and out of traffic.

Its a tragic story, but when you are speeding and driving recklessly like he was (and like Albert HAS), it's not much different than drunk driving. You're not only putting yourself in danger, you're endangering other drivers on the road.

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 8, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Hope AH takes his time and deals with this in whatever way works for him.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | October 8, 2010 11:28 AM

I'm hoping that includes separating Aaron Rodgers head from his neck.

Posted by: PlayAction | October 8, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

I guess we'll see. Certainly one could understand if he's not at the game on Sunday.

At the same time, for alot of these pro-ballers, the game is their sanctuary, and playing helps them keep their mind/lives on track.

I still remember the MNF game the day after Brett Favre's dad died, and he lit it up for like 300+ and a bunch of TDs and then broke down crying after the game.

Posted by: p1funk | October 8, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Listen and listen good you silly, stupid little man.

Your comment was ridiculous. Why would you even mention the last names 12 hours after the dude just lost a brother? Don't try to back track now that someone called you out on it. Apologize for making a comment in poor taste and move on. That would garner a modicum of respect.

Instead, you show your true colors and attack me for "taking it to that level"?

Nice try. Being called a blithering idiot by someone as intellectually bankrupt as you is a high compliment.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | October 8, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | October 8, 2010 11:27 AM |

You have proven time and again that you are a blithering idiot.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 11:31 AM

And, he pleads Guilty.

Posted by: beep-beep | October 8, 2010 11:35 AM

He pleads bafoonery. I don't know Alberts homelife situation. But this jack ass assumes that I am making an assumption by making a statement. So while I was making no attempt at an insult or insinuation this loser takes this moment to take a shot at me and then brings up class. He is the epitome of lack of class. He probably has some guilt in his life for some of the things he's done and projects his thoughts and actions onto others. My family has 4 last names in it. Campbell, my half brother and sister Lawrence, and an adopted brother Jurgensen. We also have about 30 foster brothers and sisters over the years with as many names. Not strange that I would comment on the multiple last names since my family has so many for so many different reasons yet this loser immediately assumes that I am making a derogatory remark. Talk about class.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Instead, you show your true colors and attack me for "taking it to that level"?

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | October 8, 2010 11:39 AM |

I think I just answered your question and have shown you to be the judgemental and holier than thou piece of sh!t that you actually are.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975

Yet you just had to mention it anyway huh? Classy.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty

I make an observation and of course you take it to that level.... If you read the whole post I said that I, too, had half brothers and sisters. Therefore I am not judging when it comes to different last names.

Posted by: scampbell1975

I wouldn't necessary call your class or motives into question, but there is a time and not a time to make "observations". I'm far from PC but it is the time we live in -- people are extra sensitive and offended by others remarks. Sometimes warranted, sometimes not.

I think we all can at least show a little respect and set football and cynicism (for Haynesworth and other posters) aside at least for this thread.

Just an "observation" [just sayin']

Posted by: RedDMV | October 8, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

You have proven time and again that you are a blithering idiot.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 11:31 AM
------------------------------------------
blither –verb (used without object)
to talk foolishly; blather: He's blithering about some problem of his.

methinks there is much blithering going on amongst the RI faithful...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 8, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

My condolences. Sorry to hear of this sad news.

Posted by: richs91 | October 8, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Sorry for your loss, AH. Someone who travels at 100 mph on a motorcycle was in need of support.

Posted by: laserwizard | October 8, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Wonder what Wilbon has to say about this...

Posted by: p1funk | October 8, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

methinks there is much blithering going on amongst the RI faithful...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 8, 2010 11:47 AM

I'll blither on the next thread...not going to blither here.

Posted by: PlayAction | October 8, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Daniel Snyder should fly the whole team to the services and to put a good faith effort into showing AH that we support him during this period. Since logic and reason don't seem to reach, AH, perhaps this will bring his selfishness to a head and ground him.

Posted by: laserwizard | October 8, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Thoughts and prayers are with you and family. Hang in there AH.

Posted by: meximala | October 8, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Never though i would see unanimous postings of support for Ahay. Sucks that it has to come from something so tragic.

Posted by: Stu27 | October 8, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Death is a trerrible thing.

That's why we watch college football.

This weekend's matchups:

Alabama v. South Carolina

Miami v. FSU

USC v. Stanford

Michigan St. V Michigan

It's sad that Canes v. 'Noles has lost its luster as there was once a time when the game featured a Who's-Who potential NFL draftees.

Saban v. Spurrier will be a battle of NFL Failures.

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 8, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

dont speed on a motorcycle. im surprised more cyclists dont die.

Posted by: marylandmymaryland | October 8, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse

That's tragic news. Best wishes to AH's family. I'll never understand those guys/gals on their high speeds on motorcycles. I had a female friend back in the day. She and her boyfriend would weave in and out of traffic at high speeds all the time. One day they crashed. Both ended up rehabbing for a year from broken bones in their legs, pelvic area and arms. Needless to say they hoped right back on those things and drove the same way. Never could understand that.

Posted by: TWISI | October 8, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Didnt know Christopher Walken was a Redskins fan

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 8, 2010 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Didnt know Christopher Walken was a Redskins fan

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 8, 2010 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Haynesworth's half-brother killed in accident
By: John Keim
Examiner Staff Writer
10/08/10 11:55 AM EDT

The half-brother of Redskins defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth was killed Thursday night, according to reports out of Nashville, Tenn. Lance McCoy was killed while riding his motorcycle 100 miles an hour in Madison, Tenn.

McCoy, 23, and Haynesworth were raised by the same mother, Linda Haynesworth and were said to be close.

It’s uncertain if Haynesworth will return from Tennessee for Sunday’s game vs. Green Bay.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/blogs/redskins-confidential/Haynesworths-half-brother-killed-in-accident-104573764.html#ixzz11mdcAjoV

Posted by: jimmy_the_crickett | October 8, 2010 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Some things never change.

I see your left tackle Bent Williams is getting ready to get back on the field. I'm sure McNabb's ankle is already throbbing in anticipation of the prized rookie blowing another assignment and getting McNabb's leg nearly torn off him again. LOL!

Hope you enjoyed your one week atop the division. Things are about to change because the Boys are rested up and ready to kick azz and take some names!!

P.S. Good Luck with your scrap heap running back Ryan SoLame.

Warmly,
Joe

Posted by: PampaTex | October 8, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse
_________________________________

Redskins 13, Cowboys 7

Go away... maybe your heartless team's website will take you.

Posted by: tony325 | October 8, 2010 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Hello WaitingGuilty and scampbell1975,

I've read your posts and certainly realize the safest thing for me to do would be to simply avoid entering the fray.

I think WaitingGuilty, you are saying, yes we noticed the three last names, but we can talk about that some other time. For now, Albert is mourning the loss of his brother that apparently was raised in his mom's house w/ Albert.

Scampbell1975 is saying, I know the death is a tough time for Albert, but we can't ignore that we have just been given a glimpse into Albert that we previously did not possess.
And this does contribute to the picture that is Albert Haynesworth.

Apparently Rick Maese determined he wanted to mention it, though it does seem completely unnecessary if one wants to refrain from any mentions of dysfunction in Albert's life. Yet, Rick Maese after thinking it over, determined to bring this to light for all of RI readership. I don't know why Rick did this, but in a sense it is part of the picture that has resulted in Albert Haynesworth that has not felt he needs to "commit" to the Skins schedule though he took the $$$ 21 Million.

I wish Albert the best, and I hope he can help his family financially, and in the mourning w/ his family.

If you feel that strongly, perhaps your beef could be sent not to scampbell, but to Rick Maese himself? Just a suggestion.

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | October 8, 2010 12:04 PM | Report abuse

I feel sorry for Albert and his family. As a parent, the loss of a child would be devastating. For them, I'm sorry. But as a fellow rider, I do NOT feel much for the young man who knowing rode recklessly and put everyone on that road lives on the line with his own. Jump into a shark tank, what did you think would happen?

Posted by: DCV1 | October 8, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stu27

Agreed. Good to know that people know that football is nothing more than a kid's game and death is real life.

Posted by: RedDMV | October 8, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

dont speed on a motorcycle. im surprised more cyclists dont die.

Posted by: marylandmymaryland | October 8, 2010 11:58 AM

4762 people were killed on motorcycles last year. How many did you think would die?

Posted by: beep-beep | October 8, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Ray...

Yeah you pretty much nailed it. I regret calling Scamp out.

I knew someone would have to make the comment, so I should have just ignored it. I am about as far from the PC police as you'll find, so c'est la vie should have been my response.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | October 8, 2010 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Truly sorry to hear about Mr. Hayesworth's loss. I hope he and his family take time to grieve. My best to them.

Posted by: wireman65 | October 8, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

dont speed on a motorcycle. im surprised more cyclists dont die.

Posted by: marylandmymaryland | October 8, 2010 11:58 AM

Posted by: beep-beep | October 8, 2010 12:07 PM

More?

Posted by: PlayAction | October 8, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

...so c'est la vie should have been my response.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | October 8, 2010 12:08 PM

I vote for no more French on here.

Posted by: PlayAction | October 8, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Darwin wins!......everytime!

Posted by: OldSalt8 | October 8, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Certainly sad news, thankfully no other were injured.

Posted by: chrislarry | October 8, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Mark Schlereth on "The Herd" just now said that "Brandon Lloyd is lightin' it up in Denver"

Meanwhile we still don't have a productive second WR. Sure am hoping Armstrong becomes a strong second WR!!!

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | October 8, 2010 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Hmmm...

I feel bad posting football-only stuff up on this thread.

...guess I'll wait for a fresh one...

Posted by: p1funk | October 8, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

I'm trying to figure out what the Redskins are doing with their roster. Everyone - myself included - seemed to think that Keiland Williams would be brought up to the active roster this week. I can't find any evidence that move has taken place. There's plenty of info on Bidwell going to IR and Hunter Smith being signed, so I am speculating that the reason we haven't heard anything is not because of an information blackout at Redskins park, but rather, a move just has not been made. Why? I cannot believe they are going into Sunday's game with just two healthy backs - one of whom has not had a carry as a Redskin.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 8, 2010 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Darwin wins!......everytime!

Posted by: OldSalt8

???? help me?

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | October 8, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

I remember when a kid at my HS got killed behind the wheel, there was nothing but an outpour of consolation from the community without any mention of his/her indiscretions. Of course, it always occurred to me that they were driving recklessly, but the bigger person in me always kept silent about things that don't really matter anymore.

Posted by: jboogie1 | October 8, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Darwin wins!......everytime!

Posted by: OldSalt8 | October 8, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse
----

...more evidence of the complete lack of class some people have when hiding behind a keyboard.

I have an idea. Get out from behind that keyboard and go say that to AH in person.

See you at the hospital.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | October 8, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | October 8, 2010 12:21 PM
------------------------------------------
That's a shocker, isn't it? I wonder how much ao receiver's success is tied to scheme, how much to their abilities, and how much to the coach's utilization of their skills. Lloyd wasn't much when he was here but eventually finds a home where he lights it up. A guy like MArques Colston gets overlooked by darned near every team in the league in the draft and turns out to be a beast... I am just wondering if Armstrong is going to be the guy who thrives in this offense. I hope he is.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 8, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Hello shaunsherman12,
Is your beef with scampbell for asking if any of us noticed the three last names?

Or is your beef with Rick Maese for informing all of us of Albert's unfortunate upbringing?

This is why I mentioned it was Rick Maese who determined to notify all of us with this information...

"Darwin wins?" You connecting Darwin w/ lack of class? Or perhaps saying Dawin was right, we are not the highest form of creation, but merely all animals who descended from common matter?

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | October 8, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 8, 2010 12:26 PM |

Practice squad players can practice with the team so it doesn't make a difference when they activate him most likely will be Saturday.

Posted by: Flounder21 | October 8, 2010 12:38 PM | Report abuse

...guess I'll wait for a fresh one...

Posted by: p1funk | October 8, 2010 12:23 PM

...you know that may be a while pfunk...

Posted by: PlayAction | October 8, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: gixxer998 | October 8, 2010 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Beep

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 8, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

I know we've had our comments about Stompy - but no one deserves this.

I'm so sorry.

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 8, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

New thread please. Word has it JR is working on a Clay Matthews piece.

I'd recommend an Orakpo getting held thread and how the Packers are suspect at OT, but...

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 8, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

My thoughts and prayers are with Albert and his family. No matter what type of nonsense has taken place over the past few months, life is just too short. God bless the family.

Posted by: Neisha_H | October 8, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

may God guide the Haynesworth family through this tragedy

Posted by: corrUPTkingpin07 | October 8, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

As somebody who's jumped all over Haynesworth, well I'm just shutting up. My God.

Posted by: poorskins | October 8, 2010 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Didnt know Christopher Walken was a Redskins fan

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 8, 2010 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Didn't think I could love the guy any more...

As for all the bickering, blithering, blathering and other buffoonery- we're all Skins fans here. Doesn't mean I like you all. Some of you rub me the wrong way, I'm sure I do the same to others. Guilty and Scamp are a dog and a cat that both wear burgundy and gold. To bring up the last name thing was definitely questionable, and because it was a "cat" the "dog", my bro and homie Guilty probably took exception more than he woulda with others.

Let's talk about our DIVISION LEADING Skins, not bog down in petty rivlary. Smoke a peace pipe and move on!!

HAIL

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | October 8, 2010 1:08 PM | Report abuse

23 years old...Any of you judges ever do anything stupid at age 23? SHUT YOUR KEYBOARDS up and try acting like a human being for once! Same jerks who jumped into traffic with the " Looks like Sean Taylors past finally caught up with him " take when he was murdered in his own home.

-Now isn't the time to judge, now is the time to have a heart. RIP young man.

Posted by: wewbank1 | October 8, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

R.I.P. Lance McCoy

Posted by: charles20001 | October 8, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

rest in peace Lance. to AH and your family, i feel your pain. my sincere condolences.

Posted by: destewar | October 8, 2010 1:23 PM | Report abuse

How is this sad? This is fortunate. The jackhole was going 100 weaving in and out of traffic? He made a choice to die. He was putting countless innocent people at risk of death. A tragedy would be if he caused another vehicle to crash.

Posted by: ElSith | October 8, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: wewbank1 | October 8, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

23 years old...Any of you judges ever do anything stupid at age 23?
*************************************

Actually, no. Most people don't place others' lives at risk at 23 or any other age. If you can't figure that out at 23, you are a waste of space. This wasn't a harmless prank. And I'm sure it wasn't the first time he did it.

Posted by: ElSith | October 8, 2010 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ElSith | October 8, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

-------------------------------------

Young people do dumb things that's for certain, but to refer to a 23yr olds life cut short as being "fortunate" is beyond reproach and just utterly classless.

Posted by: skins91r | October 8, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Story from 2003 regarding AH and his bro: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20101008/SPORTS01/101008017

Posted by: gareacy | October 8, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Anyone that has any other feeling than condolences for AH and his family is a heartless bastard. I don't care what he has done or not on the filed, the unexpected loss of a family memeber is a tragic thing and not to be taken lightly. Good luck Albert, it will be a tough week for sure. Hope you go take care of business and are able to get past it and move on quickly, but it is different for everyone. Good luck.

Posted by: dbrine1261 | October 8, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse

As much as anyone (including me) may have expressed our thoughts against AH about his attitude and efforts on the field
at times - our HEARTS should be open enough to say we're sorry for the loss and grief he and his family are experiencing at this time.

My deepest condolences to him and his loved ones,... I know all too well what that feels like to have a stranger come and call at the door,... telling me and my parents that my younger brothers were killed. It's something no one should ever have to go thru
in this life... no matter what the cause. Life is far too precious
to even worry about a game at this time - and how someone may or may not play it.

May (whatever) God (you believe in) hold you and your family in comfort and grace AH. There ARE tears in heaven and on this earth for you and your loved ones at this time.

Posted by: dogged1 | October 8, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

God's blessings to the Haynesworth family.

Posted by: thorhero | October 8, 2010 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Terrible, terrible news. I'm sure Albert H. was very close to his brother. A rotten blow. And to lose him at such a young age.

Posted by: Pepper5 | October 9, 2010 12:53 AM | Report abuse