Clinton Portis says team supports Albert Haynesworth

The media has misrepresented Albert Haynesworth's standing with the Redskins, who remain supportive of their controversial teammate, Clinton Portis said in a radio interview Tuesday morning

During his weekly segment on The Mike Wise Show on 106.7 The Fan, Portis said Haynesworth, a two-time all-pro defensive lineman, was unfairly singled out on television for apparently not having participated in an adjustment meeting in Sunday night's 13-7 victory over the Dallas Cowboys at FedEx Field. Haynesworth was among many Redskins defensive lineman who were not involved with what some players and coaches were discussing, he said.

"I really think they blowing that Haynesworth situation out of control," Portis said. "If you look, you know, it's like they single out Haynesworth, standing on the sideline and not being in the meeting. But I see five or six [defensive] linemen, standing right across from Haynesworth, and nobody even mentions it. I think it's so much said. And they [the media] just want the division. You know?

"They want Haynesworth to be an outcast...but nobody in the locker room will. I think we know what Albert's capable of doing and we know he can help this team. We just got to get him to believe and understand he going out to play for the guys in the locker room. Whatever going with the front office or the media, we can't control that. But what we can control is the opportunity that we got to play for each other."

Haynesworth, who has clashed with the organization since last season, is again the focus of trade reports. The Redskins and Tennessee Titans reportedly have had ongoing discussions about a deal. Portis said he has reached out to Haynesworth in an effort to help him deal with everything swirling around him.

"I pretty much let Albert know I've been in that situation, where I isolated myself from my teammates just because the front office turned they back on me or the media threw me out as an outcast. It was a miserable year [in 2009]," Portis said. "I had to step to him and let him know, 'The guys on this team need you and we all believe in you and we know what you capable of.'

"So the hell with all that front office and the hell with all that stuff that we can't control. You coming out here to play for the guys that practice with you and get you going day in and day out. We not against you. We don't care about the money you got. Everybody want to get paid and everybody deserving of getting paid. ... But at the same time, you got to help this team. So help it."

Portis, who was revived by the arrival of Coach Mike Shanahan, also said he believed "the organization had given up on me and was on the way to shipping me out." And he stopped believing in the former regime because "there's only so many times that you can run your head into a wall and realize you ain't going through that wall. ... All of a sudden, you get tired of your forehead bleeding and blood running down your face and people telling you it's going to be all right."

By Jason Reid  |  September 14, 2010; 11:55 AM ET
Categories:  Albert Haynesworth , Clinton Portis
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Redskins Insider webcast
Next: Donovan McNabb happy with communication

Comments

Portis said he is trying to keep a "low profile. No matter what I do somebody's gonna be opposed to it," he said.

This is the one part of Portis' persona I don't get. Redskins fan have always been ready to love him. Trying to get Sellers benched and derisively calling his coach "a genius" on a radio show were the only times people got on him. Didn't mean the fans had turned on him for good.

Posted by: MColeman51

Someone up here doesn't read the comments up here or listen to local talk radio much, do they?

It intensified to all out hate when he made those comments about Zorn (who had called him out in the media first FOR NO REASON) and when he called for Sellers benching (expressed to the coaching staff, not the media and appeared to be justified -- and still is).

Don't get it confused: People hate the guy for the pure sake of hating him. Like I've been saying: Haynesworth? I get it. Hate justified and understood (although I feel I don't need to bang my keyboard in disgust every time his name is mentioned like so many here) But Portis and Hall? Will never comprehend the hate, discontent, antagonism, loathing, malevolence, or whatever -- Ever.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 14, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Loving all the coverage and conversation up here... it's as it should be with real fubbal in progress.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 14, 2010 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Zoron is working his magic in Baltimore. Flacco looked pretty confused, his decision making was slow, and he was off-target on a bunch of throws. Boldin made him look pretty good. I saw at least two plays where a good throw results in a TD. Bolding was blowing right past #20 and there was no help up top, yet Flacco continually underthrew him. And the times I'm mentioning, Flacco had enough time and space to set his feet.

I give Mr. Medium another half season, and Harbaugh will think that he's got Jason Campbell at QB.

I don't know about the huge holes. I was at the game and had pretty good seats, and didn't see those. I really hoped that the Skins could have ground out another first down and sealed the win.

Things to worry about:

Two-minute drill defense. Hopefully they will get better with more time in Haslett's system

The punter: a 27 yard put leads to Dallas TD, and he cost 3 more by muffing the snap on a FG. That's 10 points. Is Hunter the Punter still available?

Posted by: dpc2003 | September 14, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Clinton Portis is just that dude. Plain and simple. Regardless of his grammar, the dude gives excellent quotes and 95% of the time is right on the money when he gives his opinion.

I hope he knows that he has true supporters here in the DMV...

Posted by: RedDMV | September 14, 2010 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Portis is misremembering. Portis quit on the team in 2009 -- before the season even started.

Yeah, Zorn was a disaster and Portis had issues with him. But it was up to CP to be a pro, and he wasn't. And for CP to complain about mgmt!! Get real. He had an unusually cozy relationship with the owner.

As for Albert, I'd dispute Portis' comment that everyone deserves to get paid. Portis didn't deserve what he was getting for 2009 and Albert is deserving of what he's gotten paid, either.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 14, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

I am now dumber for trying to read quotes from CP.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 14, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

I don't think criticizing one of the worst deals in Redskins history, swapping Bailey for Portis, makes you a Portis hater. Neither does frustration with the enormous contracts the Redskins gave him. His relationship with Snyder was more Snyder's fault, but it clearly undercut Zorn's authority. Portis did look done last year. Recognizing that is not hating the man. He looks better this year, although in fairness, he doesn't look as good as another over the hill back, LaDanian Tomlinson has looked. Too bad we got Willie Parker instead of LT.

Posted by: Iamhumongous | September 14, 2010 12:17 PM | Report abuse

mattsoundworld

"I can see us competing with Philly and STL, but GB, HOU, & IND should be favored. By a lot."

If I can make an unsecured Internet bet, I'd wager we beat one of those teams--Indy, Tex, Packers.

And even if we don't, 3-3 is a nice start.

The next 6 games?:

Bears
Lions
Eagles
Titans
Vikings
Giants

Let's say you go 3-3 to start and 3-3 thereafter.

That's 6-6.

The Final 4?:

Buccaneers
Cowboys
Jaguars
Giants

I won't guess there, but a 3-1 finish means 9-7.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 14, 2010 12:17 PM | Report abuse

gotta laugh at the Flacco/Zorn stuff. Was thinking the exact same thing. Poor Flacco, he's got all the upside in the world, and Jim Zorn to take it away from him.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 14, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Zorn was, is, and always will be an idiot. The reason he "lost the team" is that he was INCOMPETENT. When your head coach doesn't know what the hell he's doing, it's hard for the players to get on board. - dpc2003

Co-sign. Was saying the same stuff toward the end of Zorn's first season here. When stuff went to sh*t, Zorn looked like he didn't have a clue.

I must tell you I took great satisfaction in seeing his doofus face in purple coaching that team up the highway and NOT here coaching the Redskins ANYMORE! Dude put that same lost in the sauce look on his face when Flacco had his struggles.

Nice guy? Whatever. Maybe.

Idiot deuche of a head coach? You better believe it!

Posted by: RedDMV | September 14, 2010 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Plain and simple, people aren't liked when they're the highest paid players on the team, run their mouths, and don't produce.

Portis fit that description for the last year and a half.

Hall has most definitely had his moments too.

Obviously, Haynesworth is the prime example.

Good thing both Hall and Portis look re-energized and back to their prime selves. Predictably, you now see most true Redskins fans supporting both of them, so long as they continue to play the way they did against Dallas.

Posted by: psps23 | September 14, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

I hope he knows that he has true supporters here in the DMV...

Posted by: RedDMV | September 14, 2010 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Cosign, Red. I know he only got 62 yds rushing, but he was a stud. But you can't assess his value just based on yds. On at least 4 occasions, he picked up blitzing lb to protect DMac. The guy is a stud.

Posted by: frediefritz | September 14, 2010 12:24 PM | Report abuse

humongous, I'm not sure how anyone can characterize that as a bad deal when Champ made it clear he was not interested in staying in Washington.

Instead of getting nothing and having Champ walk away after one more season, we got one of the best backs in the game for him, a dude who's going to finish either first or second in all-time franchise rushing yards.

And hello, our defensive secondary has not been terrible without Champ. Yeah, I love the idea of a "shutdown corner" as much as anybody, but again it's a fantasy to think Champ was going to stick around with the Skins as long as Clinton has.

I don't really care that we threw in a draft pick in that trade, but I think that's the detail that really ticks a lot of people off.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 14, 2010 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Portis is the voice of reason and team unity? Wow. I'm definitely glad he said what he said to AH...maybe get him a little more motivated, but I'm just surprised it came from Portis.

Posted by: HokiesSkins | September 14, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

psps, you act like this is golf or some sh*t! Hello, TEAM F-ING SPORT!

It's narrow and feeble minded to get mad at the players who make the most on the TEAM when the TEAM isn't winning. WTF?!?!?

Posted by: RedDMV | September 14, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse

I did not realize how tough our schedule is going to be this year. I have avoided looking too far down the road but man, if we were to scratch out 10-6 this year it would be an unbelievable year and if healthy, we'd certainly fear no one heading into the playoffs.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | September 14, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse

9-7 is the ceiling. Great win Sunday night, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. It's year 1. 9-7 means meaningful December football and, if we're lucky, a wild-card berth.

Posted by: mhaslup1 | September 14, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

When players under perform, they get picked on by the fans,just as they get kudos when they step up to the plate.

CP was in poor shape and appeared disinterested last year, and took heat for it. Now, he's essentially confirming his attitude of last year.

This year, he's been a leader, and played as good a game as he can play this past week, given the lack of holes and his outstanding blocking in PP.

I don't think you can bet on people for getting on CP when he was a poor teammate. Fans are equal opportunity bashers - I don't think there is anything particular about Portis that makes it prevalent than with anyone else.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | September 14, 2010 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Look! It's Portis keeping a low profile again! (See above)

OMG! More low profile: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/09/clinton_portis_on_ines_sainz_s.html#more

Posted by: hithere1 | September 14, 2010 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Portis is right, after Haynesworth reported to training camp 95% of the controversy has been media driven. They're just trying to sell papers, and get hits on the net.

Posted by: twpw | September 14, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

From the Twitters...McNabb putting himself in the Brees, Brady, P.Manning echelon. Perhaps that's why no contract extension yet? He's not going to get $18-20 million per year. No way.

Posted by: 4-12 | September 14, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

"GET on people for...."

I hate not being able to edit.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | September 14, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Red, it's not highest paid = anger.

It's highest paid + no production = anger (and the mouthing off certainly adds to it).

London Fletcher is one of the highest paid on the team. See how many fans hate him.

Same with Chris Cooley. He's rich via the Redskins. See how many hate on him.

Santana Moss?

Now ask Redskins fans how they feel about Jason Taylor.

Antwaan Randle El.

Brandon Lloyd.

I'm happy to see him back to his old self when he first arrived here, because that version of CP I fully support. He's the best blocking back in the NFL and a damn good runner. This is the version of Portis that everyone loves here.

Posted by: psps23 | September 14, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | September 14, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse
_______

I couldn't agree more with what you're saying. I'll never understand why some people feel the way they do about Portis - the only thing he's done is to be the ONLY consistent source of offense the 'Skins had for several seasons, and he's never really received the credit form the public for what he's done for the organization, in my opinion. He has truly left it all out of the field on gameday for the Redskins as long as he's been here - he's a little out there, from a personality standpoint, but so what? He's a winner and a producer, which can't be said for very many this organization has signed in the past decade.

Posted by: skinsfan713 | September 14, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Portis you are my guy but you should send Albie a bag of donuts every day. Suddenly, you have another dude take the spotlight away from you. No one is asking why is the highest paid player wanting us to compare him to Betts... this year the highest paid player wants us to cut him some slack... slackoff outta here... you see us complaining about Cedrick? You get paid the big bucks you better bring it and have a very thick skin. Don't know about you... I could lose $100 bucks and call it nothing. But lose $1000. Erri body is getting stripped searched. Albert brought it on himself. He has no one but himself to blame. PERIOD!

Posted by: samiismoni14 | September 14, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Maybe, just maybe, our division is average and the schedule is not as bad as you think it is.

Posted by: shanks1 | September 14, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

QB beepage

Posted by: manlius1 | September 14, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

"Man, since Portis basically came here he's had his host of haters. People (even when he was putting up 1400 yard seasons) have been on the "We shouldn't have traded Champ for Portis" garbage for a little while now."

Posted by: RedDMV | September 14, 2010 12:05 PM

I don't hate Portis. Never have. I love the all-out, pedal-to-the-metal style that he plays with, the way he runs with reckless abandon between the tackles, and the way he absolutely destroys blitzing linebackers and DBs.

BUT . . .

We shouldn't have traded Bailey and a second-rounder for Portis. Yeah, I know that Bailey was saying at the time that he was not going to resign with the Redskins. Big deal. Players in the midst of contract negotiations often say that, and other things that don't turn out to be true. If the 'Skins had held firm, I'm betting that he would have resigned, rather than sit at home and miss paychecks once the season started. The bottom line is, quality running backs are A LOT easier to find than shut-down corners, so a straight-up Portis for Bailey trade would have favored the Broncos. H@ll, Arian Foster, who blew up last Sunday and figures to be huge this year for the Texans, was an undrafted free agent. The addition of a second-rounder going to Denver made it highway robbery.

Moreover, he has, by his own admission, not always been a good teammate. That he didn't recommend Sellers' benching to the media isn't the point. It isn't his job to decide who plays and who doesn't, it's the coaches' responsibility. How can it NOT sew discord in the locker room when he's trying to get a teammate benched and calling out his quarterback on the radio?

Posted by: rufus_t_firefly | September 14, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Portis sucked in 2009. Flat-out. It wasn't his injury either. When he was healthy, he was awful. And he had just received a massive contract extension. Hence the resentment towards him. - psps23

Wrong. It was reported that he was playing with bone spurs in his ankle from basically the start of the season (Reported on Sept. 25). Then he got concussed in the Atlanta game... So when was he healthy? By the way, nice to NOT hold the offensive line for the running woes in 2009 also. Because when other guys stepped in, they tore it up from the fu_king floor up!

And again if you're going to hate a guy because he got his contract extended (money, highest paid) then got hurt, well I don't know where to even begin with that.

And all this talk about him "mouthing off". Usually it was about Zorn and his overall incompetence, was he wrong?

You're just mad because he's done more for the Redskins than your boy Lavar has ever hoped to accomplish.

And Portis called out his fraudulent ass too.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 14, 2010 1:11 PM | Report abuse

I just want to say to my man CP that im with you. I haven't forgot all those years you ran like a wrecking ball into the heart of the NFC beast. I haven't forgot the courage you show crushing D-lineman when picking up the blitz. I haven't forgotten what u mean to Redskins fans new and old. I defend you when fans bash you and give you props when you do your thing. Let's finish this season strong and I'm looking forward to hearing the announcers say Clinton Portis is now the Redskins all time leading rusher let's go CP F*%k these haters.
HTTR!!! R.I.P #21 4ever

Posted by: cpt55back | September 14, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Portis is right. I fully support Albert H.

Posted by: tartbond | September 14, 2010 1:24 PM | Report abuse

"Wrong. It was reported that he was playing with bone spurs in his ankle from basically the start of the season (Reported on Sept. 25). Then he got concussed in the Atlanta game... So when was he healthy?"

Oh, gee, THAT makes me feel better. All is forgiven for CP in 2009. He had bone spurs before getting concussed. Clearly that makes a good RB.

Also, way to conveniently forget that Portis opted not to have surgery for said bone spurs, then used that as an excuse to sit out practices, dog it in training camp, and come into the season overweight and out of shape. Because that's what I want out of my $50 million running back.

I get it, Portis is perfect in your eyes, the man does no wrong. His detractors are irrational and don't have a leg to stand on. Everything negative that's happened in Portis' career has occurred because somebody or something else created it, and there was nothing Portis could do otherwise. Portis. Is. God.

Okay, now I can get back to rooting for the 2010 version of Portis, which every media outlet and news source (including himself) has said has changed his outlook on the sport, his career, and his approach to the game. And clearly he decided to change things because the way he handled things in 2009 was picture-perfect.

Posted by: psps23 | September 14, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Well, since the front office has refused to trade Haynesworth isn't it smart for the players to try and bring him around to help them win?

If having Haynesworth was SO distracting than Shanahan would have taken the draft pick, in whatever round, from the Texans or Vikings months ago and been done with this.

Obviously, they think it is important to hold onto him for some reason, although thinking you are going to get money back from him is just a pipe dream IMO.

And so, the players have to deal with that.

It's not like the Redskins have 3 pro bowl linemen right now to play the 3-4 without Haynesworth.

Otherwise he WOULD have been cut by now.

Posted by: RoyHobbs4 | September 14, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Nice to see the attitude adjustment in CP26 -- even if it was long overdue. And if it took a bloody forehead to do it, so much the better.

Guess the rules of nature apply to the locker room as well -- there can only be one drama-queen bee in the hive, and Clinton has apparently decided to defer to Albert.

However, am still bothered by CP26 and AH92's total disregard for the fans and now apparently the front office too, who they too easily label as haters and racists.

Truth is, fans and front office pay good money to see these guys perform at their best, and not to engage in these little sideline dramas and unwarranted displays of petulance and immaturity.

If you respect, try to get it the old fashioned way -- earn it.

Posted by: Vic1 | September 14, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 14, 2010 12:25 PM

Some other people have made this point, but a shutdown corner is a heck of a lot more valuable than a RB. In this case we are talking about a possible HOF corner and a decent but not All Pro quality RB. Just because Bailey threatened not to resign didn't make it so. We could have franchised his ass if necessary. In any event, we wouldn't have gotten nothing if he left. We would have received a compensatory draft pick, plus we would have freed up cap room. This happened when Gibbs first returned and I suspect he didn't fully comprehend the situation and looked at it like you are doing. Portis had nothing to do with any of that, so it's not fair to blame him, but I think Gibbs was totally snookered on that trade.

Posted by: Iamhumongous | September 14, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone else see think Portis's running has diminshed. He appears to be stumbling, head down when he hits the line of scrimmage. Even on his 15 yard run on the 4th quarter drive, he stumbled at the end of it. I think he is just like a QB who has taken his eyes off the downfield because he has no confidence in his line. It appears Clinton thinks there will be no hole at the line of scrimmage on every single hand off, and therefore his head is down and he's going down on the first hit.

On the other hand, I don't think there has been a better third down blocking back. Ever. But, for his running style, it's like he has given up on the hope of ever breaking a long run...

Posted by: redskinbo | September 14, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 14, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

100% correct. Dude wasn't a pro last year. Full stop.

Posted by: Pepper5 | September 14, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

I'm surprised there is nothing about Portis and his comments about the female reporter in NY.

Posted by: jmy999 | September 14, 2010 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jmy999 | September 14, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

What I"ve seen over the years, especially in media and blogs is that some folks love to hate for the simple fact of hating. CP has been a beast and if he was healthy last year, would have broken the yards record for the skins. So those folks that's hating on him are just haters on anything and everything. They probably are the ones that get invited to someone's house for dinner, eat up everything on their plate, then tell the cook that the meal sucked.

Posted by: QSkinzfan | September 14, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

"I really think they blowing that Haynesworth situation out of control," Portis said. "If you look, you know, it's like they single out Haynesworth, standing on the sideline and not being in the meeting.--RI

As one who has occasionally been blown out of control myself, I wonder:

Isn't Haynesworth the guy who skipped all those practices and never goes to halftime adjustment meetings?

I don't recall Dave Butz or Dexter Manley skipping halftime adjustment meetings.

Also, Clinton, if all those Dlinemen were over there, why wasn't Haynesworth with THEM?

Posted by: TheCork | September 14, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

As one who has occasionally been blown out of control myself, I wonder:

Posted by: TheCork | September 14, 2010 3:23 PM | Report abuse

the cork, don't act like you have the slightest idea what the hell went on in the locker room back in the early 80's. unlike in todays hyper news world, information like that wasn't released to the public. maybe he was taking a poopie while the meeting was going on? sometimes too much information is too much information and you can't make any judgements from little tidbits like that. also, please look at the pic of Fat Al. are you a redskins fan? then you would know that #95 plays LB, and you would clearly see ALL THE D-LINEMAN on the bench behind Fat Al, nowhere near the "backs only" meeting.

Posted by: destewar | September 14, 2010 4:34 PM | Report abuse

For you haters out there, Clinton Portis is WORLD CLASS!! The man leaves everything on the field EVERYTHING!!!

He is one the best blocking backs in the history of the league. He runs hard and with conviction. He CANNOT however block for himself and call the plays. NOT HIS FAULT!

As far as Haynesworth goes, I just don't get it. He has the players supporting him, he got his monster contract money.
So he hates his boss...Welcome to reality most people hate their boss. That's life.
It seem to me this man lives in a world all about himself and you just can't have that in this league.

I know he is the best D lineman in the league, but if it is mind that is truly broken there is no fixing that situation.

Posted by: skins91r | September 14, 2010 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Portis has been a great back..but he needs to
just play hard..and not have so much to say.
His latest comments have the NFL and the team upset. Albert is a teammate..but one who did not show up like the rest of the team....and of course, he is easily the highest paid guy on the team. why keep up the false front...most players cannot be happy with him getting that money..and then
bailing on them.
If Albert did not want to be here..HE SHOULD
NOT HAVE TAKEN THE MONEY ....BUT AS WE ALL KNOW..HE GRABBED THE DOUGH...THEN DID NOT SHOW UP FOR VOLUNTARY OTA`S, AND MANDATORY
CAMPS. HE HAD NO IDEA OF HIS ROLE(S) IN THE SYSTEM, has been ineffective...AND HE HAD AN ATTITUDE...TO BOOT!

Portis should understand why Haynesworth is being constantly dumped on by the fans and the media. He did nothing on Sunday but get his but* handed to him by the guy whose face he stepped on.

Al may have been the best lineman in the league...but he is a long way from that distinction so far this year.

Posted by: blazerguy234 | September 14, 2010 6:19 PM | Report abuse

Clinton Portis is the best blocking back in the NFL, however he appears to me for whatever reason to not be able to keep his feet when he runs, and as another poster stated on his longest run of the night,stumbled at the end, if he could have kept his feet he could have gotten more yardage in my estimation. The guy is a warrior and gives it his all on the field I just hope he can stay upright and I wish him the best of luck this year.

This Hayneworth situation is ridiculous, I feel we're better with him than without him, I wish the guy would buy in and do what he is supposed to do. (Don't give anybody a stick to beat you with) On the other hand I wish Shanahan would just let the guy play, no way should he be behind Kemo,(whatever his name is, no disrespect), or Holiday etc. Leave him alone let him play and help this team win, Shanahan is the man in charge, point taken, as long as he does what he's supposed to do on his end, let him be, and let him start and play.

Posted by: 72Redskins | September 14, 2010 6:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 14, 2010 12:25 PM

Man, you don't care we gave up a #2 AND an all decade shutdown CB? I am a Portis supporter, I think he gives 100% on the field, and I don't care about his truth telling about locker room realities, or about some of his off the field antics. One thing I haven't heard anyone mention was his beastly blocking against Dallas. He IS hands down the best blocking half back I've ever seen, and I'm 50+. That being said, if Champ didn't want to be here, fine, but we should have gotten comparable value for him. Just because a player doesn't want to be here, doesn't mean we let him go for significantly less than what he is worth. And, if we had treated Stephen Davis and Antonio Pierce better, Champ wouldn't have been so disgruntled.

Posted by: kenboy1 | September 15, 2010 12:32 AM | Report abuse

Okay kids, Can we stop the run? That's
all we need to kick some Texas ass two
weeks in a row! Get past the politics,
the opinions. Who wins the Manning game?
PEYTON coming off a loss. Skins stand alone. Week by week we win and grow.
SKINTIGHT