For Haynesworth, the hard part is still ahead

And now the hard part begins for Albert Haynesworth.

The two-time all-pro defensive lineman cleared a major hurdle on Saturday in finally passing the conditioning test Coach Mike Shanahan mandated he must to participate in full practice, but Haynesworth has not reclaimed his position in the starting lineup. He is far behind his teammates in learning the Redskins' new 3-4 base scheme, and Coach Mike Shanahan and defensive coordinator Jim Haslett will not hand him anything.

"He'll be with the twos," Shanahan said after practice at Redskins Park. "He'll be playing the nose position with the second group. Like I tell everybody - it's no different for the nose tackle position, the defensive end, linebackers, wide receivers - we're looking for people that practice hard, that prove that they could be starters. We've got a lot of competition at the different positions, and I'm looking forward to watching people compete in practice, watching people compete in games. I'll tell you when we cut down to 53 who our starters will be and who will be on our football team."

On his fourth attempt of training camp, Haynesworth passed the timed test of two, 300-yard shuttle runs. In part because of a balky knee, Haynesworth was limited Saturday, and players are off Sunday, but the team plans for Haynesworth to participate fully Monday in 11-on-11 drills. On Saturday, Haynesworth showed Haslett something.

"What I saw today was the first time I saw him dig down deep and go get it," Haslett said. "He was going to make that test one way or another or him and I might have been fighting on the field today. I had confidence last night he was [going to] make it.

"We said, 'You're going to run this thing tomorrow and get this thing over with.' I said, 'I'm sick of seeing you at four o'clock in the morning. I'd wake up and I'd see his face on TV. It's [got to] end. I see him all day. I don't need to see him on TV all the time. He did a good job today and I think we're looking forward to having him back."

Although Haynesworth initially will back up starting nose tackle Maake Kemoeatu, many within the organization believe Haynesworth ultimately will emerge as Washington's starting right end. Barring injury, the Redskins' top first-string defensive line includes Haynesworth, who will learn both end spots, and Kemoeatu. Haynesworth, however, is only beginning what could be a long road.

"He's got a lot of catching up to do. I think he understands that," Haslett said. "I think once we get him out there and we go full speed, then I'll have a better feel of where he's at. ... I've never had anything like this, so this [will] be a first. He missed a lot of the offseason. You're talking about four months of catch-up. But he seems like he's fairly intelligent and I think he'll be all right. I think he'll be fine."

Shanahan would not permit Haynesworth to move forward without passing the test because "what we're trying to do is the best thing for our football team, which is the best thing for him. We want to make sure that he's in good football shape so there [are] no setbacks, so he can play full speed, so he can last the whole season.

"I've been doing this a long time. I've watched guys go out there too quick and they set themselves back with an injury here and there; they set themselves back for the season. So hopefully he looks at this as a big positive, that he's in better shape right now than he was 10 days ago and full speed ahead."

Although many of Haynesworth's teammates were critical of him for skipping all but one day of Shanahan's first offseason program, including June's mandatory minicamp, Haynesworth could regain his teammates' trust, Haslett said.

"Being an ex-player, I understand players really don't care about what goes on except for players ... they just want the guys on the field and [to] play hard," Haslett said. "And if you do that, and do what you're supposed to do, players are kind of forgiving. And if Albert comes in and does what he's supposed to do, which I think he will, and runs around and makes plays like we think he's [going to] make 'em, I don't think that'll be an issue."

But in holding firm throughout the situation, Shanahan reaffirmed the importance of his offseason program. "I talk about an offseason program and the reason why I think it's so important for a team, it gives you a chance to respect each other because you know players are laying it on the line every day," Shanahan said. "You get a camaraderie when people are working with each other and they see the time that's spent.

"And they learn what we're doing. At the same time, it's not mandatory. So Albert decided not to come here. Hey, that's over with now. He passed our test, now let's see if he can play at the same level because he is a talent. I'm looking forward to seeing how he works in practice."

By Jason Reid  |  August 7, 2010; 7:41 PM ET
Categories:  3-4 defense , Albert Haynesworth  | Tags: Albert Haynesworth, Jim Haslett, Mike Shanahan, Ray Wright
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Chris Horton still sees role for himself in new D
Next: Kareem Moore could play himself into starting role

Comments

REDSKIN CAMP DIARY - August 7, 2010

Dear Diary

Mommy called earlier today asking if she and could rent out my room.

She said that since I now have a regular job with the Redskins and all, perhaps it's time for me to move out of her basement and allow her to make some money on the room by renting it out to someone else.

It seems she has met a nice young lad by the name of Colt who claims to have once been a quarterback for the Redskins.

"Never heard of him, " I said.

Well, whatever. It seems he needs a room while he's waiting for his next job offer to come through.

I told Mommy. "I guess you heard that Albert passed his conditioning test today. That's good news for some, but it might make my situation a bit uncertain.

"You'll recall that I was invited to come to camp to compete for his position, and now that he seems to have reclaimed it, I'm wondering where that leaves me."

We wrapped up the phone call with a promise that I'd talk with Coach and see if we could figure out what's next for me.

A little while later, I had a conversation with (old) Coach Shanahan.

It started ominously, when he began, "Well, Son, we've been thinking of going in a different direction."

"Uh oh," I thought.

"Look," he continued. "Albert woke up today and decided to take the test. Now knowing Albert even as little as I do, I gotta figure that he could just as easily wake up tomorrow and decide that he wants to do something else. And you know his history of taking plays off and faking injuries and stuff."

So he goes on to explain that he wants me to stick around and "Push Albert."

"Push Albert?" I asked. "We all realize he's a fat assed prima donna and all, but do you really think he should be pushed around camp?"

"That's not what I meant," said Shanahan. "I just want you to stay behind him every step of the way. And every time he decides to goof off or take the easy way out, I want you to push him to do the right thing."

"Listen," I told the coach. "I'm a football player, not an exorcist. And that guy has got more deamons than Dante's inferno."

"Well that's the direction we're going" said the coach. "Do you think you can handle it?"

I thought a moment and decided, "Well, Coach, anything for the team. Count me in."

So here we are... and now Colt is moving into my old room too.

Oh well, time for dinner. Buffalo wings, my favorite!

Until next time,

Your BFF!

Posted by: Vic1 | August 7, 2010 7:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NYPDee | August 7, 2010 7:37 PM

You are STILL a cool guy not sure what happened but REDSKINS rule!

Hey brandon_in_cali could you text me or what?

Posted by: rob_in_MD | August 7, 2010 8:07 PM | Report abuse

Please vic1, stop posting that stupid, unfunny fake diary. It's really retarded.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 7, 2010 8:10 PM | Report abuse

"Chris Horton still sees role for himself in new D"

Horton, like A Carter, seems to be a guy lost in all the talk about the changes to the redskins' defense.

Presently, the team boasts one true free safety--K Moore--and a lot of SS types all jockeying for playing time at a same spot occupied by L Landry.

And with all that being said, the new found use of the SS being more like a lite-linebacker means L Landry should have a solid year, and, in the event of injury, be replaced with a high quality player in Horton.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 7, 2010 8:14 PM | Report abuse

The Raiders signed Colt Brennan? Seriously? Wow, You watch, next year Zorn will be the head coach. Somebody just needs to put Al out of his misery.

Posted by: will_ga | August 7, 2010 8:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: will_ga | August 7, 2010 8:25 PM

yeah Will agree TOTALLY. so glad Haynesworth is here and You and the blog crew ready to go!!!

Posted by: rob_in_MD | August 7, 2010 8:30 PM | Report abuse

If Albert has no say in nose tackle then crackle my toes.

Posted by: monkeymayonnaise | August 7, 2010 8:37 PM | Report abuse

Studs and Duds 8/7/10
By: John Keim
Studs

TE Fred Davis. Continues to show a little more each day. Saturday he was in a starring role – as much as one can be in a practice. Davis caught three touchdown passes as the Redskins worked on their offense near the goal-line. Because of his speed and athleticism, they’d have him start on the left side, run a play-action fake to that side and clear out the defense, then hit him running to the right for an open score. He’s a nice weapon.

CB Ramzee Robinson. He might not make this list again, but he can always tell his grandkids one day that he picked off Donovan McNabb for one of his two picks? Think McNabb will tell his grandkids the same? Robinson also got John Beck.

LB London Fletcher. You know, I haven’t studded him yet. So here we go. He was solid, as usual. But his instincts took over when he blew up a screen pass to Larry Johnson. Would have tackled him for a five-yard loss. Had a good stop on another run. Saw one time where he bit on a fake, but that didn’t override the consistent play.

RB Ryan Torain. Every time I looked up he seemed to be cutting through a hole. Have to give credit to the line, but Torain does a nice job of pressing the hole and then finding the opening.

LT Trent Williams. Just like watching him. Did the mean streak thing again today where he flung Curtis Gatewood to the ground after a one-on-one drill. Really, what separates him is his ability to recover after getting beat. Why? Because he has such a strong base.

WR Roydell Williams. Made a terrific catch in traffic, reaching up high to grab a pass over Byron Westbrook and just in front of Chris Horton.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 7, 2010 8:38 PM | Report abuse

It were nice of Haynie to pass his test today, Fan Appreciation Day. It's his way of saluting the fans and saying that he appreciates all the support that they have provided since he came to DC.

Posted by: Coriolis | August 7, 2010 8:38 PM | Report abuse

Duds

TE Chris Cooley. He’s dropped more passes this camp than in probably his first six seasons combined. Not all of his drops today (I counted three) were on perfect throws and some had tight coverage. But the man has spoiled us. Not really worried about him.

DL Jeremy Jarmon. During individual drills, he constantly had to be reminded to get low; to get his head up. At one point after he hit a blocking sled, DL coach Jacob Burney told him, “Hit it with your hands, not your helmet.” He was noticeably higher during some of these drills than his linemates. He was OK during one-on-one drills, beating Will Montgomery. But on one of his first snaps in the full-team work, while playing nose he dropped his head, got off-balance and fell. Oh, and on another play LT Selvish Capers drove him to the side to open a huge hole. He’s had better days.

LS Nick Sundberg. He had another low snap on a field goal attempt in which Josh Bidwell made a good save. Graham Gano still made the kick, but I’ve seen too many of his snaps hit turf before hands.

RG Artis Hicks. Still struggling to stay low, which led to him getting beat often in the one-on-ones. Darrion Scott pushed him back and then Kedric Golston got into his pads, then dipped inside. Some issues can be covered up by schemes, but in the one-on-ones, Hicks has struggled much more than the other starters.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 7, 2010 8:39 PM | Report abuse

Now that Haynie has passed his conditioning test what are Shanny and Haslett lining up for him next? Nutcracker drills at high noon? Although given the sorry state of the Skins O-line Haynie could prolly roll any O-line dude with just one good leg.

Posted by: Coriolis | August 7, 2010 8:44 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the update lot's of interesting between the lines stuff in this one...

Well surprise, surprise, Albert is still in Shanny's doghouse and we've just got notice. Tow the line or ride the pine -- it sounds really good to me. Guess coach wants to kick some more @$$.

Posted by: Pepper5 | August 7, 2010 8:49 PM | Report abuse

It was definitely more than a little tard for Shanny to make a statement like that. Lighten up for Crissakes. The dude passed his conditioning test. No need to think you have to continue to project the "Hard Ass HC" persona in the media. Like there's a chance in hell that that broken-down Tongan is going to beat him out for a starting D-line job. Christ on a crutch.

Posted by: Coriolis | August 7, 2010 9:00 PM | Report abuse

A month or so ago I e-mailed the geeks at footballoutsiders.com to ask about a remark they made concerning how well QBs like McNabb and Aaron Rodgers performed under pressure. Seemed to me that if you could measure that, it would change the way we evaluate QBs, because today, most defenses rely on pressure more than coverage.

Looks like they've come up with something.

The rankings from last season for QBs with over 30 plays:
Rodgers
McNabb
Roethlisberger
Romo
Gradkowski
P. Manning
J. Campbell/ C. Palmer (tie)

Campbell and Rodgers were pressured way more than any other QB in that group, with Ben, Romo, McNabb & Peyton in the next tier.

Anyway, here's the link if you're interested in the whole article:

Posted by: Samson151 | August 7, 2010 9:05 PM | Report abuse

This was the complaint about McNabb that Brian Baldinger issued.

And if it bears fruit, we might find that the singular difference between 2009's Jason Campbell and 2010's Donovan McNabb is one man's elite reputation versus another's unsatisfying performance.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 7, 2010 9:07 PM | Report abuse

I want to apologize for not mentioning Albert Haynesworth in my last post. I forgot.

Posted by: Samson151 | August 7, 2010 9:08 PM | Report abuse

""...McNabb.... (is) waiting too long after the receiver cuts to make the pass,....Receivers who have broken free on crossing patterns often have to reach back inside to make a catch."This was the complaint about McNabb that Brian Baldinger issued." posted by mistamoe

That's always been the complaint about McNabb, that he holds the ball too long. You hear the same complaint about Ben and Rodgers, too. I think it's because those three guys in particular are looking to make a bigger play. The evidence for my view is their superior average yards per reception. With Jason, he usually wound up going underneath, which is why his yards per catch aren't impressive. Not that I blame him, of course; I watched that line underperform along with everyone else.

I guess IMO Jason suffered from a lack of confidence and the others perhaps from a surfeit.

Posted by: Samson151 | August 7, 2010 9:14 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan is definitely a tard for sure. The dude made someone pass a conditioning test. He hass to project some hard ass persona just to be a crutch. Christ!

Posted by: rob_in_MD | August 7, 2010 9:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rob_in_MD | August 7, 2010 8:30 PM

Not sure what your problem is but I was referring to Al Davis having an ex-Redskins collection.

Implementing an appropriate sarcastic response to a blog post can be a difficult challenge for some. Maybe you could work your way up to a rapier sharp wit by practicing on an easier target first. Perhaps mocking Emmitt Smith's public speaking skills on a Toastmaster's blog would be a good place to start. Then, when you're ready, you can give that ol' humor thing another shot on RI.

Posted by: will_ga | August 7, 2010 9:26 PM | Report abuse

If youre curious about what direction the defense is heading, watch the haslett video from today on redskins.com.

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | August 7, 2010 9:34 PM | Report abuse

They might as well change the name of the blog to "Haynesworth Insider."

The dude (finally) passed the test and is practicing. Time to find another player (or aspect of the O, D or Special Teams) to write about, mmmmK?

Move on.

Gracias.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | August 7, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Duds

"QB Donovan McNabb. He still could be adjusting to the offense. He could be bothered by the fact that he really only has one proven receiver. Or he could just be having a bad camp. It’s only 10 days into camp so it’s not time to panic. However, McNabb had another bad day Saturday. He’s waiting too long after the receiver cuts to make the pass, a sign that he perhaps does not yet trust them. Receivers who have broken free on crossing patterns often have to reach back inside to make a catch. His passes have allowed beaten defenders to recover. At what point do you get concerned? If he has a bad preseason, too."

Maybe McNabb doesn't have a firm grasp of Shanny's offense yet? That could explain why he's late with his throws.

Posted by: ArmChairQB | August 7, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Emmit Smith begins his hall of fame speech with a dramatic and lengthy pause. Just like Hitler.

Posted by: mack1 | August 7, 2010 9:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ArmChairQB | August 7, 2010 9:42 PM

Seems more likely that he hasn't played long enough with these receivers to have developed good timing.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 7, 2010 10:02 PM | Report abuse

I watched Russ's speech and then turned the channel. F Emmitt.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 7, 2010 10:02 PM | Report abuse

I pretty much read the first word of each paragraph and know what the whole article says. Seriously?

Posted by: Keiser | August 7, 2010 10:05 PM | Report abuse

No worries on McNabb...dude is playing in a new offense for the first time in over a decade and has the poo-poo platter at WR. Camp just started...it won't be smooth right off the bat.

Now...if we're having this conversation a month from now, THEN it's time to worry.

A couple HoF thoughts...Russ Grimm's induction speech was one of the better ones tonight. Dude is gonna be a solid HC one of these days. And if anyone else noticed his family, he's a got a daughter that's SMOKIN' hot.

I'm fairly certain Jerry Rice wrote his speech on the way to the stadium and didn't bother to rehearse it even once. Either that, or he has the reading skills of a dyslexic 3rd grader.

If I got a dollar for every time Rickey Jackson said "hometown", I'd have more than enough money to hire the guys from "Leverage" to frame Dan Snyder for something f*cked up enough to get him tossed by the NFL and then buy the Redskins myself. And probably have enough money left over to build a stadium in D.C.

Floyd Little and Dick LeBeau were way overdue for this. There just HAS to be a HoF committee formed to avoid this sort of foolishness in the future.

Carry on, RI. See for tomorrow's Haynesworth obsession...I mean, update...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 7, 2010 10:24 PM | Report abuse

Carry on, RI. See ya for tomorrow's Haynesworth obsession...I mean, update...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 7, 2010 10:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | August 7, 2010 10:02 PM |

This place is Kvetch City.

1. AH passed his test and MS is still kvetching about conditioning, practicing, competeting, etc.

2. Little more than a week of training camp and there's kvetching about McN's timing and location of receivers.

On the other hand, something to feel good about:

1. The ad that DirecTV has started running on national TV (Fox Game of the Week I think) which offers Skins fans in Big D Skins games on Sunday. That should make all of two or three dudes happy if they are still alive by the time the service is installed. Who is that spaced-out old fart in the wheelchair? Flew right by me. Could be Jerrah with a stash I guess.

Posted by: Coriolis | August 7, 2010 10:48 PM | Report abuse

Since this is Saturday night, right about now we should be getting a UFC MMA update followed by %$#!@*& from someone who TiVo'd it and didn't want to read no spoilers.

Posted by: Coriolis | August 7, 2010 10:55 PM | Report abuse

Hey, WaPo, can we get somebody posting to this blog who can do something like the Studs and Duds analysis?

Other papers have actual analysis of practice, who's doing what, etc. Bob McGinnis of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel is one of the best, but they're all over.

Can we add someone like that to the RI beat?

Posted by: farstriker | August 7, 2010 10:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Coriolis | August 7, 2010 10:55 PM |

You're doing an awful lot of crying about other people complaining aren't you? Seems kinda hypocritical. Besides, I've got the fight. How about you quit your b!tching and moaning about other people b!tching and moaning and let's hear some of your wonderful insights.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 7, 2010 10:59 PM | Report abuse

Screw you, Troy Barkman!

Posted by: freakzilla | August 7, 2010 11:23 PM | Report abuse

Screw you, Troy Barkman!

Posted by: freakzilla | August 7, 2010 11:23 PM

The best part of that commercial is the look on that old dudes face when they show highlights of the Skins taken Dallas to school.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 7, 2010 11:37 PM | Report abuse

Wow...Raiders picked up Colt Brennan. Maybe they'll take AH off our hands while they're slowing putting together the 2009 Redskins out in Oakland...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 7, 2010 11:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 7, 2010 11:43 PM |

2 QB's and an RB. Don't they remember how bad we were?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 7, 2010 11:52 PM | Report abuse

scamp- did you see the Silva v. Sonnen fight?

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 8, 2010 1:03 AM | Report abuse

"He's got a lot of catching up to do. I think he understands that," Haslett said... "But he seems like he's fairly intelligent and I think he'll be all right. I think he'll be fine."

Hmmm...not a real glowing testimony on his intelligence there...fairly?

Just saying

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | August 8, 2010 1:14 AM | Report abuse

scamp- did you see the Silva v. Sonnen fight?

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 8, 2010 1:03 AM |

Yes! What a fight! I hated the outcome but you couldn't ask for a better fight. Thanks for the hookup on the website.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 8, 2010 1:18 AM | Report abuse

I've got to say that this is a sorry excuse for a Redskins blog. If it's 14 frickin' authors can't get off their dead asses to write one late night post about a Redskin HOF induction then what the hell is this thing worth. Sad. Where's Cindy Boren when you need her?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 8, 2010 1:34 AM | Report abuse

scamp- agreed I was rooting for Sonnen and he dominated for 4+ rds but got caught. Great fight, and I look forward to the eventual rematch. Hate the spider but you gotta respect his skills.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 8, 2010 1:34 AM | Report abuse

No way Silva lets that happen twice though. He's waaaay to good to not adjust in the next fight. Can't stand him though.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 8, 2010 1:47 AM | Report abuse

I don't know Jack Squat about X's and O's. All I know is, if there is a God, we will play in the Super Bowl this year in Cowboys Stadium.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | August 8, 2010 2:40 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | August 8, 2010 2:42 AM | Report abuse

If it's 14 frickin' authors can't get off their dead asses to write one late night post about a Redskin HOF induction then what the hell is this thing worth?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 8, 2010 1:34 AM

Not to get all technical on you, scamp, but don't they actually get ON their dead ass to write? Or, do you see this as a stand-up blog?

Posted by: beep-beep | August 8, 2010 8:03 AM | Report abuse

Hall of Fame Thoughts:

Dick LeBeau- didn't see his speech

John Randle-- didn't see his speech

Ricky Jackson-- no way that dude legitimately graduated from college; he was extremely incoherent and wearing the hat during the speech was disrespectful.

Jerry Rice--was good; seemed sincere and well thought out.

Russ Grimm--was sincere and mirrored his humbleness and "team" attitude.

Floyd Little- Well delivered; a bit self absorbing; didn't talk about his teamates much

Emmitt Smith- well rehearsed almost to a fault; best part was when he spoke of his teammates; I thought Emmit's speech was a bit insincere, except when talking about his teammates. Emmitt is usually not that articulate in real life. Also, I knew his wife well when she went to JMU. She was so beautiful that you find yourself staring at her, BUT she was always a golddigger...a nice one, but was nonapologetic about dating atheletes, entertainers and rich guys.

Posted by: rickyroge | August 8, 2010 8:21 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Coriolis | August 7, 2010 9:00 PM

Use whole words (prolly, tard) and get rid of the Zorn attitude. New coach, new attitude.

Posted by: hessone | August 8, 2010 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 7, 2010 11:43 PM |

2 QB's and an RB. Don't they remember how bad we were?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 7, 2010 11:52 PM
-----------------------------------------
The Raiders aspire to be as bad as the Redskins were last year. I think it is a goal they are going to be able to reach. I couldn't help but read a little on their website about how Campbell was doing. There's not a lot, but it sounds like he is doing okay. As mediocre as Campbell was, he is still a huge upgrade over Russell. One thing I noted was the poor play of their offensive line. The players can blow sunshine up the butts of the media but it stands out as a huge concern for Campbell's success. Right now, their offensive line is border line pathetic.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 8, 2010 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Recap, AH was wrong, Shanahan was right, HTTR.

Posted by: hessone | August 8, 2010 9:02 AM | Report abuse

"Russ Grimm--was sincere and mirrored his humbleness and "team" attitude."

When Russ talked about being in college and his coach "told" him that he was going to play o-line instead of linebacker I thought that was a clear dig at Haynesworth.

Grimm is a good dude, I hope to see Jacoby there soon.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | August 8, 2010 10:02 AM | Report abuse

To your point, Emmitt's wife was previously married to Martin Lawrence.

Plus, I don't think he had that big a mancrush for his fullback (Moose Johnston); I mean if a fullback didn't treat their tailback like little brothers, then 9 times out of 10, they wouldn't be playing in the game...

Posted by: bernard_thompson | August 8, 2010 10:34 AM | Report abuse

There's no doubt in my mind that one day I'm going to visit this blog and there won't be an Albert Haynesworth post.

If I had a dollar for everytime I've seen or heard Albert Haynesworth's name since March, I wouldn't have to concern myself with out-living my savings.

Posted by: MHEDRLT | August 9, 2010 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Can we add someone like that to the RI beat?

Posted by: farstriker | August 7, 2010 10:58 PM | Report abuse

i effing agree

Posted by: mrhney03 | August 9, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Enough already about Haynesworth him an the defense will be fine, where is your coverage about the offense who averaged just 13 points last year? the revamped offensive line? the receiver situation ?

Posted by: BeatDontStop | August 9, 2010 1:05 PM | Report abuse