Haynesworth, Redskins could be stuck with each other

I'm still reading the email and voicemail I didn't answer during my vacation, but I wanted to update everyone on the Albert Haynesworth situation.

The update is that nothing has changed for Haynesworth, who still does not want to play nose tackle in the Redskins' new 3-4 defense and plans to skip this weekend's voluntary minicamp, two people familiar with the situation informed me in text messages this week. Haynesworth also did not attend the team's first voluntary minicamp.

I thought Haynesworth might re-evaluate his position after the Redskins declined to trade him during the draft because no teams made them offers they deemed acceptable for a two-time all-pro defensive tackle whom they paid $32 million in his first 14 months with the team -- including a $21 million bonus on April 1.

Haynesworth would still prefer to be traded, the sources said, and the Redskins still would be open to moving him if they get the compensation they want. It appears, however, that Haynesworth and the Redskins might be stuck with each other for this season.

Haynesworth still plans to report to mandatory team activities, the sources said, and will be in Ashburn next month for the mandatory three-day minicamp that begins June 16. So he'll participate in three days of Coach Mike Shanahan's first offseason program.

Haynesworth is working with a personal trainer, one source said, and will be ready when training camp begins in late July. Whether Haynesworth will be happy and motivated, however, is another issue.

By Jason Reid  |  May 6, 2010; 3:32 PM ET
Categories:  Albert Haynesworth
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Redskins' changes are apparent, right from the top
Next: Phillip Daniels will attend camp, sit out practices

Comments

So what is so superior about Ware's production to LaVar's???

Posted by: p1funk | May 6, 2010 2:12 PM

Did i mention in 1 less year Ware has tripled Levar's Sack total also Ware has not missed 1 game for the cockboys vs Lavar missin an average of 4 games a season(extremely superior production)?

You fail to mention that Lavar Arrington's "3" peak seasons are his "only" good seasons. So if all you expect from a 1st round 2nd pick is 3 solid seasons then maybe football is not your strong point because "round deez parts datz wut we call a bust....bruva" so go work on your English paper...any more brain busters???

Posted by: casavaLeafs | May 6, 2010 2:58 PM

Posted by: casavaLeafs | May 6, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: casavaLeafs | May 6, 2010 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Yes you did mention that.

It's pretty much the only thing you mention.

It's pretty much the only thing you can hold over LaVar.

And if LaVar is some kind of "bust" disappointment just because Ware has more sacks, then pretty much 99.9% of the linebackers in the NFL are "disappointing busts".

DeMarcus Ware is a better pass-rushing specialist. Fine, I never argued that he wasn't.

LaVar Arrington is a better all-around linebacker - look at tackles, look at coverage, he's forcing pretty much the same turnovers when you count INTs and FF.

And around these parts we usually suggest people read all the posts before they offer their 2 cents (or in your case it was worth about a penny), because I specificaly pointed out that I was talking about LaVar's playing days WHEN HE WAS HEALTHY. And I specifically makde the point that while it was very disappointing that injuries cut his career short, you can't count that against him like he's a deficient inferior player for that.

My point all along was this:

When LaVar was healthy and working with coaches that were getting him on the field he was awesome.

Is all that clear...dawg...

Posted by: p1funk | May 6, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the update JReid on the non-story about the non-trade.

Let me guess.

The 2 "sources" that left you messages on the situation was

1) your mom
2) jason lacanfora

Keep working those "inside" sources, my man...

Posted by: p1funk | May 6, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Whether Haynesworth will be happy and motivated, however, is another issue.

By Jason Reid | May 6, 2010; 3:32 PM ET

He only needs to be motivated. Wanting to increase his trade value by ballin out is a good place to be, for him and the Skins.

Posted by: TWISI | May 6, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse

p1, you're a vile human being.

Momma jokes are for 5th grade juveniles.

Grow up.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 6, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Just strap him up and let him loose on the offense. He is big and has attitude. Feed him and concentrate on the secondary which needs more attention than the
d-line. Let him train with big Mike Sellars taking the ball up the middle at full trot. He may be great, he has been training on his own-----just sayin!

BTW......FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: changer2 | May 6, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

A post to say nothing.

Posted by: MadeRED | May 6, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

I really liked when Reid was gone, because there weren't any posts on the Haynesworth situation b/c still, nothing has changed

Posted by: notthecrochunter | May 6, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

p1, you're a vile human being.

Momma jokes are for 5th grade juveniles.

Grow up.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 6, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, Red.

I'll clean up my act.

Posted by: p1funk | May 6, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

If this is the case, then he NEEDS TO GET HIS FAT ASS TO REDSKINS PARK AND GET INTO THIS OFFSEASON WORKOUT REGIMEN!

THIS FAT ASS BETTER NOT SHOW UP OUT OF SHAPE AGAIN!

Posted by: Sports_Guru | May 6, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

NOT first

LA was fun to watch and hit like a ton of bricks. He could have been great if he were coachable. Joe Pa does not count in this discussion. JPa is a football god.

Posted by: changer2 | May 6, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

NOT first

Posted by: changer2 | May 6, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

NOT first

Posted by: changer2 | May 6, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

NOT first

Posted by: changer2 | May 6, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

THIS FAT ASS BETTER NOT SHOW UP OUT OF SHAPE AGAIN!

Posted by: Sports_Guru | May 6, 2010 3:42 PM

Whatcha gonna do if he does come in out of shape? Just curious.

Posted by: TWISI | May 6, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

We got a chant going JPa is a football god, JPa is football god...

Posted by: Stu27 | May 6, 2010 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Important Update on Trent Williams.

My inside sources have informed me that he does not want to play center.

It also looks like he's not going to get traded.

I'll keep everyone updated...

Posted by: p1funk | May 6, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Welcome back Captain Obvious.

I knew as soon as I read the title you must be back from vacation.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | May 6, 2010 3:48 PM | Report abuse

OH BOY, A HAYNESWORTH UPDATE!!!!

Posted by: Terry_Allen | May 6, 2010 3:48 PM | Report abuse

THIS FAT ASS BETTER NOT SHOW UP OUT OF SHAPE AGAIN!

Posted by: Sports_Guru | May 6, 2010 3:42 PM

Whatcha gonna do if he does come in out of shape? Just curious.

Posted by: TWISI | May 6, 2010 3:44 PM

Hand out "1000 Fat Albert Sucks More Than Just Cheese Sticks" shirts at the home opener!

Posted by: Sports_Guru | May 6, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

I actually like this update. I want to know every move that FAT ASS makes or doesn't make.

This team paid him a lot of money, and his disrespect disgusts me.

Posted by: Sports_Guru | May 6, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

"Welcome back Captain Obvious."

Lol!

It's really sad that when someone who makes so much money can't even do or be forced to do what his bosses want.

There's so many people who need jobs right now and this fat cat is probably sitting on his rear and complains about not wanting to play football the way HE wants.

Dude needs a reality check something awful.

I'm usually down with someone making as much money as he can but this is beyond rediculous.

He doesn't/can't even even play 4 downs. :(

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | May 6, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Argh beeps!

... blah new commemorative patch blah.

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 6, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Sports_Guru | May 6, 2010 3:49 PM

Great plan. That will show him.

Posted by: TWISI | May 6, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the update JReid on the non-story about the non-trade.

Let me guess.

The 2 "sources" that left you messages on the situation was

1) your mom
2) jason lacanfora

Keep working those "inside" sources, my man...

Posted by: p1funk | May 6, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Hah! That was actually pretty funny (and I bet at least half-true)

Posted by: Barno1 | May 6, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

OH BOY, A HAYNESWORTH UPDATE!!!!

Posted by: Terry_Allen | May 6, 2010 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Correction.

It's actually a "non-update".

And a very informative one, I might add as we learn alot of details about what isn't happening.

Posted by: p1funk | May 6, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Yeah WTF, please can we drop this joker and go back to not getting any sacks. Enough already, im really sick of seeing the other QB under duress!!!

Posted by: Stu27 | May 6, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

They'll bench him. Watch.

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 6, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 6, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Nice creative work Dik!

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | May 6, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Whatcha gonna do if he does come in out of shape? Just curious.

Posted by: TWISI | May 6, 2010 3:44 PM

I suspect we better prepare ourselves for some SERIOUS posts in ALL CAPS ...

Posted by: dcsween | May 6, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Reid,

I left you a couple VMs about some Hot News you may want to track down. I'll save you time and re-post them here with suggested headlines:

"Some in Native American Community Offended by 'Redskins' Nickname"

"Theisman Breaks leg, Schroeder to Start Rest of Season"

"Skins Acquire Wilbur Marshall"

"Ground Breaks on Skins New as yet Unnamed Stadium. 'Raljon' Zip Code added by USPS"

Go get em' Big Boy!

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | May 6, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Is all that clear...dawg...

Posted by: p1funk

I agree. And those were five of the best days in Redskin defensive history.

Posted by: TheCork | May 6, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stu27 | May 6, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Hah! Amen Stu. I too am so sick and tired of Andre Carter and Brian Orakpo getting sacks thanks to someone else's hard work. Bout time they earned those on their own.

Posted by: Barno1 | May 6, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Wait a second ... I love cheese sticks. Sounds like the makings of an agreement to disagree.

Posted by: dcsween | May 6, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Is all that clear...dawg...

Posted by: p1funk

I agree. And those were five of the best days in Redskin defensive history.

Posted by: TheCork | May 6, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Or 3-4 years...but, whatever...as long as you get the point...

Posted by: p1funk | May 6, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Bring back Maese, bring back Maese!

Posted by: stevek20147 | May 6, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Important Brian Orakpo Update.

According to some inside sources, Orakpo does not want to play safety.

It also looks like the Redskins are not going to trade him.

Stay tuned, I'll keep these important updates coming...

Posted by: p1funk | May 6, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Barno1 | May 6, 2010 4:01 PM

...because, after all, it's supposed to be an individual sport like tennis or bowling, not a team sport like football.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 6, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Is all that clear...dawg...

Posted by: p1funk | May 6, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse

My bad p1skunk. I thought i answered your question. you asked. What makes Wares production superior to Lavars?????

Football is a physical sport and if you cant stay healthy then to bad. Im not trying to hear that "would've could've should've manure" Lavar = Bust... you get all that Katt

Posted by: casavaLeafs | May 6, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Is all that clear...dawg...

Posted by: p1funk

I agree. And those were five of the best days in Redskin defensive history.

Posted by: TheCork | May 6, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Or 3-4 years...but, whatever...as long as you get the point...

Posted by: p1funk | May 6, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

People People People. This is the guy that ended Troy Aikmen's career. Nuff said.

Posted by: Stu27 | May 6, 2010 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the update JReid on the non-story about the non-trade.

Let me guess.

The 2 "sources" that left you messages on the situation was

1) your mom
2) jason lacanfora

Keep working those "inside" sources, my man...

Posted by: p1funk | May 6, 2010 3:33 PM

Good thing you're not in "news" because you'd probably have no coverage of the Oil Slick because, y'know it hadn't reached shore yet, thus no "update" needed.

Sorry, with another mini-camp upcoming, whether or not Fat Al will blow it off, and what his status is, is MAJOR Redskin news. And yes the fact nothing has happened is news. Knowing the difference is why you snark on the blog, while the WaPo guys you ignorantly rip draw paychecks.

Here's another inside tip. Reporters have editors. Editors hand out assignment. Sometimes what they cover isn't even the reporter's idea.

Posted by: TheCork | May 6, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Excellent work P1funk, excellent.

BTW....

BREAKING NEWS:

My sources have told me that Bruce Allen does NOT, repeat, DOES NOT want to punt for the Redskins this year, and will report to camp wearing a suit and tie with dress shoes, thus preventing Shanahan from forcing him onto the field.

I am working this story from many angles and will report back (I said DOUBLE MEAT YOU IDIOT!...sorry....The Subway Sandwich Artist is messing up my order).....Anyway, on the Allen punting controversy, I will report back ASAP.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | May 6, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Moo, Its a lot more tricky then just saying F the BCS were going to a playoff...

Posted by: Stu27 | May 6, 2010 2:21 PM

thanks Stu, just caught your post in response to my question. good stuff... and yeah, it's a tough problem. in the end, it's not so much that I disagree a whole lot with the eventual rankings and crowning of a consensus "national champion", but there is something about the combination poll/algorithm approach that makes it feel more like figure skating than football.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 6, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheCork | May 6, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the tip, Corky. I'll be sure to save that one and file it away in the same place I put the used toilet paper.

By the way, have you dug up one example for us of Jason LaCanfora ever breaking relevant insider news about the Skins first?

Just curious...you've had about a year...but, I guess you're still working on that assignment?

Posted by: p1funk | May 6, 2010 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Haynesworth wanted the money, he got it. Now he can shut up and play football.

He could have taken less money and stayed in Tennessee with a coach in Jeff Fisher that he says he respects so much.

Talk is cheap.

Posted by: leopard09 | May 6, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Is all that clear...dawg...

Posted by: p1funk | May 6, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: casavaLeafs | May 6, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Seeing as how I posed the question and then immediately answered it in my own post, I figured that you would recognize it as a rhetorical question.

But I forgot that you took the same English classes as Clinton Portis, so you probably don't know what that means.

No one here is arguing any "would, should, could". Everything I said was based on what he actually did on the field.

You are calling LaVar a "bust" despite 3 ProBowl appearances, so I already have an idea of the kind of person I'm dealing with here - a poster somewhere in the "Rotfrau" to "pabrian" range.

But I'll leave you with one last task:

How about this - take LaVar's stats from 2000-2003. That's his rookie season through his 4th year in the league.

Compile those numbers (if you know how to do that) and then compare it to ANY other OLB in the NFL over the last decade - their first 4 years in the league.

See what you get...make sense? Playa?

Posted by: p1funk | May 6, 2010 4:24 PM | Report abuse

wondering if the real questions behind this non-update should be (i) do Haslett and Shanahan want AH to play NT in the first place? (ii) does AH simply not want to play in a 3-4 scheme period, even at DE? or (iii) is it just a stupid coach/player pissing match about offseason workouts?

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 6, 2010 4:24 PM | Report abuse

beeps yet again.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 6, 2010 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | May 6, 2010 4:15 PM

"still working on that assignment"? Why would you think that, funk? I suspect he was as bored by "that assignment" as the rest of us are by your inability to let it go.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 6, 2010 4:27 PM | Report abuse

I wonder how his team mates will welcome him when he finally show up. Granted, AH is not violating any rules yet, this is still a "voluntary" mini-camp;no financial loss,no league's disciplinary measures; however, I'm concerned about lack of rapport or chemistry with his team-mates and coaches. I hope AH will reconsider his stance.

Posted by: abxinc | May 6, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

During a game, just put a cot on the field and Fat Albert can nap while the offense is on the field. When special teams is getting ready to punt, the trainer can wake Fat Albert up and give him a dozen Oreo cookies that he can scarf down with a swig of milk. That way during every game, he's fresh and filled with a gallon of milk, 7 dozen Oreo cookies and quality sleep of an hour. Easy. No big deal.

Posted by: getitritegov | May 6, 2010 4:56 PM | Report abuse

about Arrington vs Ware -- all this comparing of apples to oranges, and cherry-picking seasons at that, just leaves us looking like a bunch of fruitcakes.

Two very good players who had very different careers in very different defenses.

Posted by: Samson151 | May 6, 2010 5:01 PM | Report abuse

I sorta think the Williams twins got sand-bagged, but if they get suspended and it ends up w/ Haynesworth in MN, then the ends justify the means.

Posted by: TheophilusS | May 6, 2010 5:04 PM | Report abuse

HERE IS HOW YOU MOTIVATE HIM, FINE HIM AND SIT HIM AND SUSPEND HIM. WHO CARES WHAT FAT ALBERT THINKS - HE IS PAID TO PLAY FOOTBALL AND IF HE WON'T, VOID THE CONTRACT AND SUE HIM FOR THE BONUS. END OF STORY. THANK YOU.

Posted by: KDSmallJr | May 6, 2010 5:10 PM | Report abuse

The 2 "sources" that left you messages on the situation was

1) your mom
2) jason lacanfora

Keep working those "inside" sources, my man...

Posted by: p1funk | May 6, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

You left out D. Hall...

Posted by: rbpalmer | May 6, 2010 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Haynesworth is a BIG BABY!!!

I am torn between trading him for ANYONE, but that's what he wants, and just play him as a back-up, even keep him on the bench as a punishment.

Man, what a BIG BABY!!!

Posted by: Gibbs4Pres | May 6, 2010 5:39 PM | Report abuse

I spent the day traveling to Gainesville (UF exactly) and missed out on avoiding work.

So which thread was the most/least annoying:

a. Phillip Daniels will attend camp, sit out practices

b. Haynesworth, Redskins could be stuck with each other

c. Redskins' changes are apparent, right from the top

d. Bruce Allen on McNabb extension, Haynesworth and uniforms

e.Portis airs a grievance with Arrington over Taylor

'b' was the most annoying as it beats an old drum, and I'm tired of the music about Hanyesworth/Redskins allegedly wanting to separated.

It's not gonna happen--move on, dammit!

'e' was the least interesting as a verbal between Portis and LaVar is like eavesdropping in on a tranny catfight.

Someone should've sent them both to English Language rehab as neither did his college proud with the Ebonically-challenged sparring match that elicited a yawn from this blogga.

This is Portis' last year (hopefully) and all he can say that I want to hear is 'good-bye' after a productive season.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 6, 2010 5:50 PM | Report abuse

Sorry for the LA supporters but I have to agree with the LA was a bust side. He went to three pro bowls but ws only voted on to one. But that is just a popularity contest anyway otherwise London Fletcher would have several. He made thos teams because he had a dozen sports center hits a year and everyone assumed he was better than he was all around.

He depended far too much on his natural speed and athleticism and never learned to play within a scheme. Youth only lasts a little while and after that you have to understand the game because the next group of fast strong players passes you up. He never did and became expendable by two teams. His injuries were no more than any other LB that plays more than a few years.

He had one truly good season where he had production and did not leave his team out to dry by vacating his position and allowing the other team to exploit them for long scores. It ws under Schottenheimer and LA promptly got him fired for it. he then went back to being a selfish stat hound, got benched and shown the door. When he got to NY with all the bravado of how misused he was in Washington, he couldn't play in that scheme either and Antonio Pierce got him cut.

He now fuels his ego with a radio show with a small but loyal and vocal following that chant "we hate Daniel Snyder" everyday. It's a pretty easy job so Lavar can handle it. HE does it like his career - pot shots and no substance.

Posted by: dbrine1261 | May 6, 2010 6:26 PM | Report abuse

As for the fued between him and Portis they ar both ass clowns. Lavar probably was presumptuous for speaking at ST's funeral but he was team captain I believe and so it was not that over the top. To act as if they were much closer than it seems they were is kind of disrespectful. Of course Lavar thinks everyone loves him so perhaps he had no idea that they were not close. Why Portis keeps bringing up a player tha has been gone for years is beyond me. What does he hope to acheive? We get it you don't like him, move on. For all his great play ST was a thug as Portis is, and I have no doubt that Portis is accurate when he says that they thought about jumping Lavar over a normal rookie hazing pie in the face. That is the thug "U" mentality. But they didn't, and by all accounts ST was growing up and getting his life together. Too bad Lavar and CP can't do the same. I also think Portis is a but presumptuous to try to tell us what ST thought or how he felt. We only have his word for it and he should speak for his self.

Posted by: dbrine1261 | May 6, 2010 6:33 PM | Report abuse

this article is so useless. its pretty much a copy/paste of all the previous haynesworth "updates". i was glad JLC left, but JReid aint that much better.

Posted by: krabber | May 6, 2010 6:55 PM | Report abuse

No but at least so far he isn't callin the league offices trying to rat the team out so they lose more draft picks, and so far he has not directly tried to drag the team down, he just isn't very good. On the other side who is left down there that would be good. Sad day at the post sports department when they don't have a decent writer for the most popular team in town.

Posted by: dbrine1261 | May 6, 2010 7:06 PM | Report abuse

You would think that after a nice vacation you would come back refreshed...but it appears you are content with rehashing all the Bullsh!t you were rehashing prior to going away. You and your sources..what a joke..

Posted by: jcnjcnj | May 6, 2010 7:40 PM | Report abuse

Washington Post, change this blog to Redskins Outsider not Insider. Honestly, how can the Post employ a reporter who says this "The update is that nothing has changed for Haynesworth..." Where's Rick Maese, Cindy Boren, et. al, with good stuff, not rehashed info.

Posted by: getitritegov | May 6, 2010 7:50 PM | Report abuse

Oh brother. Another Fat Albert non-update.

He was not traded before the draft. He was not traded during the draft. He was not after the draft. Will I open the RI blog on November 16 and see yet another Fat Albert trade non-story? This has gotten beyond old.

BTW, JaMarcus Russell was just released by the Raiders. That would have been a more interesting story for RI to post, since Jason was just traded there.

Posted by: NosferatusCoffin | May 6, 2010 7:57 PM | Report abuse

Haynesworth wanted the money, he got it. Now he can shut up and play football.

Talk is cheap.

Posted by: leopard09 | May 6, 2010 4:16 PM

Haynesworth is a BIG BABY!!!

Man, what a BIG BABY!!!

Posted by: Gibbs4Pres | May 6, 2010 5:39 PM |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys should not believe this BS written by JReid, He obviously has a problem with Haynesworth and tries to bury him with each article he writes. Amazingly he does it without any new material. He cuts and pastes, steps and fetch and quote the anonymous sources from previous postings and acts as if it news.

Posted by: jcnjcnj | May 6, 2010 8:01 PM | Report abuse

MAN! The Haynesworth hate on here is palpable. I'm guessing it's jealousy. Hey, it's Free Market principles at work. If you really want to get upset about somebody getting paid too much for doing nothing, look at Wall Street. Look at the CEOs of most major corporations. They make Haynesworth look like an underpaid workaholic.

Sure, he makes (made) too much. He wasn't in tip top shape.

Even so, he was the most dominant force on our D last year and he was paid as such. Sounds pretty fair.

With all the hatred of Haynesworth, I am surprised, since he is, after all, a Redskin. One would think he plays for Dallas or Philly or the Giants, the way people go after him.

"Greatest fans in the world?" Not so much. I actually think jcnjcnj might be on to something here. Haynesworth is not the best interview and can seem aloof and complacent. JReid might not like that. Just a guess, though.

Glad he's "stuck" here. I hope he comes in in great shape, too. Remember, he DID stomp on a Dallas player's head. I mean, you gotta take the good with the bad. How soon we forget.

Posted by: Thinker_ | May 6, 2010 8:18 PM | Report abuse

My first instinct is to say I don't like "Fat take a knee and fake injury so you can rest on the sideline again Albert" but I will first wait to see if he shows up in shape and what he gives back for the Fort Knox we gave him.

Posted by: artsnsportz | May 7, 2010 3:39 AM | Report abuse