Jim Haslett playing a key role in mending fences with Haynesworth, sources say

Despite his decision to skip optional minicamps over the past three months, Pro Bowl defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth already has a better working relationship with defensive coordinator Jim Haslett than he had all of last season with Greg Blache, people familiar with the situation said Thursday.

With the Redskins scheduled to open training camp Thursday afternoon, Haynesworth has expressed optimism about his role in Washington's new 3-4 defense, his nascent partnership with Haslett and the team's overall outlook after 2009's 4-12 debacle, the team sources said. Haynesworth had a straightforward employer-employee discussion Wednesday with Coach Mike Shanahan in which Shanahan again laid out his expectations for the two-time all-pro, who skipped all but one day of the offseason program and requested a trade.

But Haynesworth related to Haslett on a more personal level, the sources said. It was revealed Wednesday that Haynesworth and Haslett have been in contact for weeks through phone calls and text messages. Haslett and Haynesworth have declined to discuss their private conversations, but the sources credit Haslett with playing a major role in persuading Haynesworth to rejoin the Redskins with an open mind about the new defense.

Haslett, one of Shanahan's most trusted lieutenants, made it clear that he could use Haynesworth in the manner Shanahan has mandated and still provide him with opportunities to rush the passer. In fact, the sources said if the Redskins' scheme works as Haslett envisions, Haynesworth's sack total (he had four last season) likely would increase. But the key, Haslett repeatedly told Haynesworth during their talks, was to get back to Ashburn in shape to prove to Shanahan he was willing to give the whole thing an honest try.

Haslett also stressed that if Haynesworth is serious about mending fences, he would have to keep his frustration private. Haslett is willing to listen to Haynesworth, but he does not want to learn about players' complaints from newspaper, Internet or radio and television reports, the sources said.

Meantime, two players said they expect Haynesworth and inside linebacker London Fletcher to meet privately to discuss Fletcher's harsh criticism of Haynesworth for skipping the mandatory June minicamp. The meeting probably would not occur until after Haynesworth undergoes his conditioning test today.

By Jason Reid  |  July 29, 2010; 11:17 AM ET
Categories:  3-4 defense , Albert Haynesworth , Jason Reid , Jim Haslett , training camp
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Mike Shanahan: Morning practices 'will be pretty intense'
Next: Trent Williams remains unsigned, but both sides hopeful

Comments

Well done Haslett.

Posted by: RunRiggoRun | July 29, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Good read

This is an article ESPN put up but took off because I guess Legron's camp didn't like how he was painted in the story....

Posted by: 4thFloor | July 29, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Love to be a fly on the wall for that LFB/Haynesworth convo...

Posted by: RedDMV | July 29, 2010 11:26 AM | Report abuse

When is AH's conditioning test? Has to be this morning, right?

Posted by: psps23 | July 29, 2010 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Are there any other players on this team?..WTF JReid... get off Haney's nut sack for one day at least...you must have Haneys jock strap wrapped tight around your head...FYI JReid men sniff womens panties not other men jocks....

Posted by: jcnjcnj | July 29, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

I don't care what Jim Haslett has to say, I wanna know what Tom Haslett thinks.

Posted by: zjfr2 | July 29, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

jcnjcnj I totally agree. I am so damn tired of this story.

Posted by: jm220 | July 29, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse

sniff womens panties not other men jocks....

Posted by: jcnjcnj

Sniffing panties is for people with voyeuristic behavior and 12 year old virgin males.

Real men collect panties from a woman. GTD, homie, GTD...

Posted by: RedDMV | July 29, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Now that's what an assistant coaching is all about. Communicating with his charges to put the best possible players on the field, while letting the team and HC stand firm against a potentially difficult situation. Nice work Mr. Haslett.

Posted by: TWISI | July 29, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

4:00 is not coming fast enough.

Posted by: jiza32 | July 29, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

TWISI- agreed, nicely done by Jimmy Haslett (said like Spurrier). It's nice to have the opposite of what we've seen with the last to DCs who gave the silent treatemnt to players like CR22 & LA56.

Posted by: Diesel44 | July 29, 2010 11:45 AM | Report abuse

"sniff women's panties not other men jocks..."

That ain't my thang, bro'.

I'm not kinky.

I get right down to bidness.

I go in, do my best, and then, 3 minutes later, pay the woman.

Why waste time?

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 29, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Real men collect panties from a woman. GTD, homie, GTD...

Posted by: RedDMV | July 29, 2010 11:39 AM
-----------------------------------
Thx Red...Good point...but we are talking about JReid here...he still has training wheels on...so as the saying goes...
you crawl b4 you walk...you sniff b4 you collect...

Posted by: jcnjcnj | July 29, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Any word on Trent Williams?

Posted by: skinswest | July 29, 2010 11:50 AM | Report abuse

@ MistaMoe | July 29, 2010 11:46 AM
----------------------------------------
it wasn't my intention to cause any up roar..but i like all the come backs my post is getting...very funny stuff..LMAO

Posted by: jcnjcnj | July 29, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

This is all off-season fodder to keep our attention and to aid in football writers justifying their paychecks year 'round.

Now, the gig is up. I don't care about Butterworth missing camp. I don't care about the drama that went with that. Haynes-girth is a cog in the machine, but an important cog nonetheless.

I am only looking at week 1 versus the cowgirls. If Fat Albert layeth the smackdown on Tony "do these pants make my butt look big?" Romo and stuffs a few third-and-shorts....everyone will be as peachy as the toppings on Mr. Human TV Timeout's double-stack of flap jacks.

I'm glad that he's P.O.'d. There's nothing better than the possibly best interior lineman in the league feeling like he has to prove himself.

Eat 'em up Al! (pun intended)

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | July 29, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

In fairness to JReid: He has posted 5 times today and only 2 have been about Haynesworth.

Like it or not, Big Al is the #1 story and thus gets the most face time.

Hopefully there will soon be more to talk about but right now, Albert is the flavor of the week.

Posted by: Original_etrod | July 29, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Like it or not, Big Al is the #1 story and thus gets the most face time.

Posted by: Original_etrod | July 29, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Damn, this is straight up professionalism. What a stark contrast from last year. It's weird, never really experienced this with the Redskins before, even with Gibbs 2.0 and I was too young to understand the business aspect of football when I was younger for Gibbs 1.0, so yeah.

I like Jim Haslett more and more everyday, our D is going to be top 10 this year, top 3 next year. Not really a bold prediction but whatever.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | July 29, 2010 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Footie, that's a pretty big prediciton. There are some question marks that could keep that from happening.

I like your optimism! Hope you're right.

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 29, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Like it or not, Big Al is the #1 story and thus gets the most face time.

Posted by: Original_etrod | July 29, 2010 11:53 AM
----------------------------------------
Why, because the WaPO said he's is?...I would think getting our top draft pick..(you know the LT we plan to anchor our line the next 10 years)..signed is the #1 story...JReid obsession of Hanynesworth is bordering on stalking...a fcuking fatal attraction..

Posted by: jcnjcnj | July 29, 2010 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, JReid is just sucked into the media maelstrom vortex around His Hugeness, it'll settle down in a coupla days...I mean, those eight infants that their momma killed, if she was a dogmother or a wolfmother, nobody would have even batted an eye, but NOOOOOOOOO!! She's a so-called human and it gets world wide media feeding frewnzy, sheesh..

Posted by: frak | July 29, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Reading through the blogs since yesterday, I'm very impressed with the way RI nation handled the Haynesworth return. I guess, most of us realize the importance of Haynesworth to this defense. Let's be realistic, without Haynesworth on this defense, we are simply ordinary. Now that the prodigal son is here, steps must be taken to ease him into the fold without further alienation. Good job and kudos to Jim and Mike. Question, can we bring vuvuzella to the stadium, is it allowed in the NFL, it works well during world cup, doesn't it?

Posted by: abxinc | July 29, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

AH gets all the type from jreid because ah crew used jreid as a conduit to pimp their side of the story all off season.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | July 29, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

I like your optimism! Hope you're right.

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 29, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, I think the Dline will be fine. It's the linebackers and safety #30 LL that have me skeptical.

Haslett has these guys convinced though, I know I know, training camp, everyone is hyped and has good and positive feelings, but something tells me the D will be stellar.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | July 29, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Bigfoot, could you go a little further in explaining what you mean by "top 10" and "top 3"?

For a few years up here we've debated the practice of describing our defensive unit as "top-ranked", and the debate essentially boils down to how we each value any statistics aside from wins and losses.

So... do you mean top 10/top 3 in scoring defense, points allowed per game? Yardage allowed per game? Some formula for calculating a defense's accomplishments? Just curious... not trying to be a troll, I'm interested to hear what measurements matter to you, defensively speaking.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | July 29, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Original_etrod | July 29, 2010 11:53 AM

Funny, most AH comments usually center around food in some way.

No wonder Fat Albert is back. He associates food with everything and has plenty of that on the brain with the 'Skins including but not limited to:

London "Broil" Fletcher

Jim Hazlenut

Selvish Capers

Graham "Cracker" Gano

Howard Green Beans

"Ruth's" Chris Horton

"Lunch" Trey Jacobs

Rocky Road McIntosh or Rocky McIntosh Apple

Donovan "McRib"

Logan "Steakhouse" Paulsen

Justin Tryon-to-finish-my-plate

...and when he'd finished he can wash that all down with a Chris Draft.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | July 29, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

3 more great whites spotted off the coast of Chatham, MA....anyone got a quarter horse to chum with.....get out the piano wire, lets go fishin....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 29, 2010 12:13 PM | Report abuse

I go in, do my best, and then, 3 minutes later, pay the woman.

Why waste time?

Posted by: MistaMoe

At least you see more floor time than Rick Pitino. Two pump chump for realz, he is...

Posted by: RedDMV | July 29, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

I go in, do my best, and then, 3 minutes later, pay the woman.

Why waste time?

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 29, 2010 11:46 AM

Man, sounds like you're visiting the drive-through. Do you get the short-timer discount? Go before 5:00 for the Early Bird Special.

Posted by: beep-beep | July 29, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

That ain't my thang, bro'.

I'm not kinky.

I get right down to bidness.

I go in, do my best, and then, 3 minutes later, pay the woman.

Why waste time?

Posted by: MistaMoe

i think I can accurately sum up Moe with some Little Feat

All I want in this life of mine is some good clean fun
All I want in this life and time is some hit and run

Posted by: zcezcest1 | July 29, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

"Why, because the WaPO said he's is?"

No, because he's the highest paid defensive player in the league who refused to come to minicamp and all but threatened to hold out only to switch his stance and give the team/player relationship another chance. One week ago, nobody even knew if Haynesworth would be on the team in week 1 (in fact, we still don't know -- Shanahan himself said "we'll see").

Some of you jokesters just complain for the sake of complaining.

Haynesworth, the highest paid and most talented player on the team, is by far the biggest story this offseason. His effectiveness can make or break a defense. His demanding of a trade could make him the biggest FA bust in NFL history. This is equivalent to seeing Lebron James demand a trade out of Miami 9 months down the road from now because of some inane reason regarding their style of play, then seeing how that eventually plays out when he doesn't get his wish. What do you not get about how big this story is?

But yea, Reid is an idiot for following the details of this story on the Redskins Insider blog. Why would any reporter want to know what happens when the best player on a team has a standoff with the coaches and the majority of his teammates?

Posted by: psps23 | July 29, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Bean- you're gonna need a bigger boat..

Posted by: Diesel44 | July 29, 2010 12:20 PM | Report abuse

BeasntownGreg1, be a REAL MAN, Ahab, and use a hand harpoon and go on a Nantucket Sleighride..unless you're doing catch and release...What's the going rate for great white on the Tokyo Sushi black market??

Posted by: frak | July 29, 2010 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Go before 5:00 for the Early Bird Special.

Posted by: beep-beep | July 29, 2010 12:18 PM

Too easy..

Posted by: Diesel44 | July 29, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Skins have 1 game changing talent on the roster and its Albert. So the difference between him playing in top form and his playing at some lower level/elsewhere is huge for this team.

Its the #1 story because he's the #1 impact guy

Posted by: zcezcest1 | July 29, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

RedD - Rick Pitino... roflmSJKgo!

"Hey, nice skir....whoops... gotta go.

I think I saw him in a Lonely Island video...

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 29, 2010 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Quint: I'm not talkin' about pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' about workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' about sharkin'.
Hooper: Well I'm not talkin' about hookin' some poor dog fish or sand shark. I'm talkin' about findin' a Great White.
Quint: You've got city boy hands, Hooper. You been countin' money all your life.

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 29, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

yep, 2.9 yds per carry with him in, 4.1 with him out..

Posted by: frak | July 29, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX | July 29, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Yeah I'm on it, I will post in a bit, I'm hungry as hell and I actually do have work to do today, surprisingly. I have it on my to-do list next to terrorizing anyone that tries to take my picture. Damn, can I live????

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | July 29, 2010 12:28 PM | Report abuse

"Well done Haslett."

I can't disagree with this statement.

IFFF Al is in good shape/healthy and they rush him and Orakpo on the same side that would be devastating to opposing QB's.

Yeah, I'd love to have the guy be here and WANT to play here. But if he's going to be a jerk then just show him the door please.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | July 29, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

I always wanted a necklace of carcharadon carcarias teeth, that would be tres brut at the club..

Posted by: frak | July 29, 2010 12:31 PM | Report abuse

"Let's be realistic, without Haynesworth on this defense, we are simply ordinary."

Very untrue statement.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | July 29, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Heard it all here first, now didntya? (except for that little bit of confusion about our boy Tommy and all...)

Also observed: Hayney is said to be resolutely refusing to even look at the playbook... at least until they throw in a few chinga chinga centerfolds.

Posted by: Vic1 | July 29, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse

... can we bring vuvuzella to the stadium, is it allowed in the NFL, it works well during world cup, doesn't it?

Posted by: abxinc

No. Keep foreign futbol, foreign futbol, and keep American FOOTBALL, American Football.

Posted by: RedDMV | July 29, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Real men collect panties from a woman. GTD, homie, GTD...

Posted by: RedDMV | July 29, 2010 11:39 AM

Not this Real Man home-style-buffet. I wash them and personally return them to their rightful owner witin a few days on her lunch break...thus, ensuring the sport is is kept alive.

Posted by: smokeybear2 | July 29, 2010 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Haney passed first portion of test... failed 2nd portion.... via Am 980 via Jay Glazer Fox Sports

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 29, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1

Robert Shaw was great in that movie ... and in The Sting.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | July 29, 2010 12:39 PM | Report abuse

zeebs1- So he passed physically and failed the conditioning?

Help us understand what's what..

Posted by: Diesel44 | July 29, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | July 29, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

cosign to that, TWISI

Posted by: frediefritz | July 29, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

PSP- I beg to differ! I think the 3 biggest stories of the offseason are as follows:

1 - Coaching/FO paradigm shift
2 - 1st True Starting QB since, I dunno, Brad Johnson
3 - Stompy Haynesworth hissy fit

Top to bottom.

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 29, 2010 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish! Not like going down to the pond and chasing bluegills and tommycod. This shark, swallow ya whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back the tourists, that'll put all your businesses on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant! I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing.

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 29, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Zeebs

was the 2nd part the Wonderlic?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | July 29, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

@psps23 | July 29, 2010 12:18 PM
----------------------------------------
you either work for the WaPO, JReid or just like to keep the BS going...but the Hayny story is old..he's here he's ready willing and as you just said able...so lets just have camp play out and see whats what on week 1

Posted by: jcnjcnj | July 29, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

I agree with Footie. This D has the potential to be as good as any in the league. Even without Fat Albert, it has a tremendous amount of talent. It just needs to be utilized properly. I think Hasslet is the man to get the most out of it. He has the track record to prove it.

And at least the Bengals signed T.O., so that knocks him off of RI, hopefully for good.

Posted by: NosferatusCoffin | July 29, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Zeebs

was the 2nd part the Wonderlic?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | July 29, 2010 12:43 PM

The only Wonderlic AH is concerned with is when he wonders how many ice cream cones he can lick in one day.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | July 29, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Haney passed first portion of test... failed 2nd portion....

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 29, 2010 12:36 PM

2nd part is "puke"....until he does that, he fails.

Posted by: 4-12 | July 29, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

very vague diesel... Larry Michael was on when it broke and even HE did not know what portion meant what.

Sadly it will take 2 hours for the full story to come out, but since I dont have twitter and there is a character limit, using that as a news medium is lacking at best.,.

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 29, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Punch him in his mouth Fletch, then move on...

Posted by: kahlua87 | July 29, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Albert Haynesworth had his chance to prove to his Washington Redskins teammates that he was in practice shape, but he failed in his attempt.

Haynesworth did not make it through his conditioning test Wednesday at Redskins Park, sources told FOXSports.com.

The disgruntled star defensive tackle finished the first part of the test, but walked through the second portion. Now Mike Shanahan has to make a decision on whether or not to let him practice and if so, how much.

It’s believed that Haynesworth will not be allowed to practice with the rest of his teammates in team drills.

Sources said Tuesday that if he passed the conditioning test, he would be cleared to practice with the team. But by failing, head coach Mike Shanahan may hold him out for an undetermined length of time until Haynesworth improves.

On Tuesday, Haynesworth met with Shanahan, defensive coordinator Jim Haslett and other coaches. Haynesworth proclaimed that he’s been working out this offseason, insisting he’s in good enough shape to start camp when official workouts begin Wednesday.

Posted by: swalker5 | July 29, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 29, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

You bamas are right on par with the 35th anniversary of Jaws.

When/where is the convention?

Posted by: RedDMV | July 29, 2010 12:54 PM | Report abuse

yep;

i think that walked through portion might be damning... of course there are some conspiracy theorists who subscribe to the notion that he was gonna fail no matter what, cause Danny wants his money back.

I highly doubt that since it hurts his trade value.

Someone also said that haney lost 40 lbs... but what was his starting weight???? Sources from inside the park said he looked thinner than last year, but at least one thought he looked bigger.

Drama for yo mama

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 29, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sjw1 | July 29, 2010 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Oak Bluffs, red....Monster Shark Tournament....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 29, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Okay, JR said haney killed and will be practicing today.

Glazer is rarely wrong.

Per ESPN 980... i guess they have twitter feeds from JR@wapo etc... anyone else have that?

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 29, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Sharks off the shore and one big Moby Dick at Redskins camp.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | July 29, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Haynie's gotta be in better shape than that weather-balloon Terrence Cody, that failed his first physical but is now cleared....Shanny's just makin' him sweat a little for dissin' the Rue of Law...

Posted by: frak | July 29, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Yes swj1 - found that from PFT. Glazer vs J Reid......

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 29, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

ALBERT FAILED HIS PHYSICAL CONDITIONING
TODAY AT REDSKIN`S PARK.

Posted by: blazerguy234 | July 29, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

"That Haze-litt fella"

Posted by: c_e_daniel | July 29, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

ESPN 980 gonna have the scoop from AH's agent next... tune it up

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 29, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

J Reid blowz . . . as we all know! I also believe Glazer. If Reid ever had any true knowledge about anything than this blog would actually be good, instead of laughable!

Posted by: sjw1 | July 29, 2010 1:04 PM | Report abuse

EPIC FAIL!

Posted by: nfcBEaST | July 29, 2010 1:05 PM | Report abuse

I will transcribe

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 29, 2010 1:05 PM | Report abuse

But it'd probably be cooler to make a necklace out of the claws of the bear that lives on our property..He left a mungus terd beside the garden yesterday..It'd be the Redskin thing to do, leave the shark teeth to the surfin' dudes in the Shell Tribe from One Million Years, B.C...

Posted by: frak | July 29, 2010 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sjw1 | July 29, 2010 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Woohoo training camp! For the next 5 hours we will be the next Super Bowl champs. . . then injuries, dropped passes, realization that we're kinda old . . .ah training camp. .

Glad to see the hamsters are already visciously throwing one another from the wheel and calling each others manhood into question. . . ah RI during training camp . . .well really any day. . .

HTTR!!

Posted by: sfskin | July 29, 2010 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Agent got a report from skins (not from Al) that he did great... no actual yes or no on the pass vs fail.

weird... how can you do very well or great and not pass?

person from skins was someone who witnessed the test.

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 29, 2010 1:08 PM | Report abuse

and the whole first portion vs second could lend to the confusion if he killed the first portion but failed the 2nd portion...

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 29, 2010 1:11 PM | Report abuse

espn.com is reporting that Haynesworth failed his conditioning test. Passed the first part, but only walked through the second part and therefore failed the test.

Posted by: guitarman050 | July 29, 2010 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Hearing that Albert Haynesworth "killed it" during his conditioning test, according to one team source. Still waiting for official word.
about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
.JReidPost
Jason Reid

Posted by: 4thFloor | July 29, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

sorry, you guys were posting while I was typing. lol

Posted by: guitarman050 | July 29, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 29, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse

ESPN is reporting he FAILED his CONDITIONING TEST!

Posted by: mhartz1 | July 29, 2010 1:19 PM | Report abuse

ESPN is reporting he FAILED his CONDITIONING TEST!

Posted by: mhartz1 | July 29, 2010 1:19 PM | Report abuse

more info coming on 980

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 29, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

IS NO NOSE TACKLE...it's back to the familiar 4-man front where AH goes back to his native RDT spot. Really, the only way he plays NT is if he ends up being Kemo's backup and they rotate Daniels/Jarmon in to spell him. I'd actually be pretty surprised to see him line up at NT more than a few times the whole year.

Posted by: brownwood26 |

On passing downs, I’d expect at times to see a “4-man” line consisting of Orakpo, Jarmon, Haynesworth and Coleman. Which one of these guys is the other “DT?” And is it really a 3-an line because Orakpo is an LB rushing with his hand in the dirt?

If you want to bring out a retractor and a slide rule and only count the times Haynesworth is EXACTLY on the nose of the Center, you can probably claim you’re right. He’ll move, he’ll be offset. He’ll be positioned in the best place to take advantage of the offensive personnel and tendencies. You can CALL that a three technique, but referring to it as “nose-tackle” is correct also.

And since Shanahan has been winning the war of wills with Haynesworth, you can bet your butt he’ll continue to play him as he sees fit—and that includes calling him a Nose Tackle.

Mike knows how to play the game of Good cop/Bad Cop too. After Mike channeled Andy Sipowicz and threatened to split open his head with a phone book, Haslett played the Jimmy Smits character, brought him some coffee, said some nice things and got him to Confess.

Now it looks like he’s back in the General Populace with the other inmates.

Posted by: TheCork | July 29, 2010 1:46 PM | Report abuse

AH failed the conditioning test this morning according to ESPN.

Posted by: kennycoop731 | July 29, 2010 1:59 PM | Report abuse

they barely even know each other reid you idiot. lets see how their relationship is a couple weeks into camp

Posted by: slim4 | July 29, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

hey i just moved to the US...
any exciting sports in this country?

Posted by: pisti | July 29, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

$100,000,000.00 contract;
$21,000,000.00 in cash;
Failing the conditioning test - PRICELESS!

Good job Albert and thanks from all Redskin's fans.

Posted by: clandestinetomcat | July 29, 2010 3:25 PM | Report abuse