Shanahan is done commenting on Haynesworth's condition

Shortly after strength coach Ray Wright explained details Friday of the conditioning test Albert Haynesworth has failed twice, Coach Mike Shanahan addressed the situation and said he would not comment again about the Pro Bowler until Haynesworth rejoins the team for practice.

The Redskins made Wright available to the media following the morning practice at Redskins Park. Wright explained the details of the two 300-yard shuttle runs Haynesworth must complete in 70 seconds to be cleared to practice with the team.

Shanahan then answered more questions about the all-pro defensive lineman, whose conditioning, or lack thereof, has been the main topic of discussion during the first two days of camp.

"He'll pass the test," Shanahan said. "He's just going to have to be in a little bit better shape. I don't know when he's going to pass it. But he's going to work extremely hard... He was on the treadmill this morning and hopefully, in the near future, he'll be ready to practice some football."

For the second straight day, Haynesworth worked briefly after practice with defensive coordinator Jim Haslett and defensive line coach Jacob Burney. Haslett and Haynesworth walked off the field together, talking and smiling.

But Haynesworth, who dropped about 35 pounds in the offseason, apparently is frustrated about the test and extra cardiovascular training he has been told to do because he missed all but one day of Shanahan's first offseason program with the Redskins.

"But I don't want to put a guy out there before he's ready, before I know he's in shape. I know it's the best thing for him. He may not know it at this time, but I guarantee you, the big linemen I've been with, the guys who are in the trenches, they still need to be in shape.

"This test, it's a very minimal test, and we've used it as part of our workout program for a long time."

Shanahan also was upbeat about the signing of top pick Trent Williams, who lined up as the first-team left tackle after missing practice Thursday while his agents and the Redskins worked out a six-year contract that guarantees him more than $36.5 million.

"It was great to get him in," Shanahan said. "Like I said before, I would be surprised if he held out any length of time at all. I talked to Trent and felt very good that he wanted to be a part of this organization and wanted to be in on time. I just like the way he's handled himself since the first day. He's a football player, and I know he's happy to get this over with."

Third-year wide receiver Malcolm Kelly, who injured his hamstring before camp, was slowed in the morning session. "He wasn't able to go full speed," Shanahan said of Kelly. "Didn't have very many reps today; still a little bit sore. [He's] going to get a lot of treatment, and hopefully, in the next few days, [he's] going to be able to practice."

By Jason Reid  |  July 30, 2010; 1:22 PM ET
Categories:  Albert Haynesworth , Trent Williams
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: More on Albert Haynesworth's failed conditioning tests
Next: Jammal Brown adjusting to the right side

Comments

Hilarious... or not.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | July 30, 2010 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Wheres the Hyperlink headline?????????????

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 30, 2010 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Hope albert is going to be ready to play this season

Posted by: fpickering | July 30, 2010 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Water starting to get a little too hot, Shanny-boy?

This, folks, is what they call a self-inflicted DISTRACTION! LMAO!

Posted by: gtown85 | July 30, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: tony325

I work for a company that runs a lot of "Volunteer" situations. Well, I don't work for free & I don't give 2 craps what anyone thinks because I won't participate. My life, my time, is worth more to me than anything in this world. Of course, there is no recourse because I won't participate & nobody has ever tried to force me.

Before I comment, is this volunteer situations for improving your community or could you elaborate on what this "volunteer" work is for

Posted by: oldtimer4 | July 30, 2010 1:31 PM | Report abuse

gtown85;

better than zorn over explaining every decision with silly emotional faces???/

You are just hatin to hate... if it is distracting him from coaching our team, then he could shut down the park for all I care... cause the W-L record is all that matters

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 30, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

This reporting is non-existent. I want some real insight on how the team is looking. There are 79 other men out there competing and fighting for playing time. Not just Big Al.

How about a comment on how our new face of the franchise QB is looking. Is he in synch with the WR's? Is he comanding the offense? Give me some news.

Posted by: Devo2 | July 30, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Before I comment, is this volunteer work for improving your community or could you elaborate on what this "volunteer" work is for

Posted by: oldtimer4 | July 30, 2010 1:26 PM | Report abuse
____________________________

It wouldn't be helping my community... come on, you know like United Way stuff, or volunteer walks, or feeding people... You know PPP... Poor people problems.

Posted by: tony325 | July 30, 2010 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 30, 2010 1:34 PM | Report abuse

So if my quick calculations are correct, They want him to run 0.17 miles in 71 seconds, a total of two times. Maintaining this pace for an entire mile would be about a 7 minute mile, which I think I could run back in middle school and I'm pretty average as an athlete. This guy makes 21 mil in bonus alone this year and he cant run this?!

Am I missing something here? Is my math off on this? This sounds like an average high school football practice. And after two days Haynesworth is saying he's tired of it? Deangelo doesn't think other players could pass this? That is amazing to me. I rewatched "Rudy" last week and it made me sad. I can't picture that kid saying to people "I'm tired of this ****" after two days of running 0.17 miles two times. MAN UP ALBERT. I am starting to think he just starved himself and lost muscle instead of fat, just so he wouldn't have to play NT. I hope he passes the test soon and gets on the field. Someone tell me if I'm misunderstanding how easy this sounds.

Posted by: bosshog7169 | July 30, 2010 1:34 PM | Report abuse

bosshog;

they are shuttles, not straight line runs. think side ways shuffle suicides.

go 25, touch, go back 25, touch.... 12 times.

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 30, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse

"When Albert does pass the test, he'll be out on that football field going 100 mph," Shanahan said. "I just think it's the best thing for him to be in the best football shape he could possibly be in...so when he's healthy, he can contribute to our football team."

Now Albert's unhealthy? LOL!

And he won't be going 100 mph, he'll be going 300yds/70 seconds. Oh, the irony!

Posted by: gtown85 | July 30, 2010 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Reading the last 2 posts, I think it's become clear that AH has nobody to blame but himself. This doesn't seem to be a pissing contest with Shanahan; it looks like a legitimate fitness test that AH blew on the first 2 days of camp.

The only aspect of this I fault Shanahan for is not letting him take the test as many times as AH feels like attempting it in a given day. Having only one shot to do it per day seems ridiculous and nonsensical, especially given the time crunch preseason gives with an entirely new coaching staff and schemes.

But other than that, this whole situation could have been avoided if Haynesworth just passed the test on his first time out. I bet he'll get it done tomorrow.

Posted by: psps23 | July 30, 2010 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Devo2 | July 30, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Seriously. I don't understand why we're getting butt raped with all this Haynesworth "news". CAN YOU UPDATE US ON THE REST OF THE TEAM???!!!???!!!

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | July 30, 2010 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: tony325

Are you saying this volunteer work is for United Way....helping people that may not be as privileged as you? Do you even have a clue as to what United Way does?

Posted by: oldtimer4 | July 30, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse

first one under 70 secs.(12 25yd sets) 3.5 min break. then 12 more under 73 sec

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 30, 2010 1:39 PM | Report abuse

bosshog;

they are shuttles, not straight line runs. think side ways shuffle suicides.

go 25, touch, go back 25, touch.... 12 times.

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 30, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Alright but even with the added time for changing direction so many times, it sounds like a basic high school football drill to me. I know he's a big guy but I feel like if he really was in shape and trying his hardest he should pass it. If he hasn't been fall down throw up tired at the end of these, then he doesn't really want to be practicing as much as he claims.

Posted by: bosshog7169 | July 30, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

12-4 BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Posted by: BarackObama | July 30, 2010 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan is done commenting on Haynesworth's condition

This is one thing I that I can vibe with from Shanahan today.

Because I am too.

It doesn't matter what you think or post because at the end of today Haynesworth still wouldn't have passed the drill and he'll still be a Redskin. You're still going to have the side that wants Shanahan to PT his ass until Haynesworth pukes 21 million dollars and you're still going to have the side that thinks that Shanahan is ego trippin'.

It's a either a lose/lose or win/win for all those involved or have a vested interest. You can argue this 'til the rapture and still have people at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Posted by: RedDMV | July 30, 2010 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bosshog7169 | July 30, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Well, apparently he killed the first one yesterday but had to go poo for 10 minutes which was over the 3.5 minute break alotment.

They gave him the choice of doing it all over again from the start or just wainting til today. he started all over again and did not pass.

Today, apparently he did the first one in 63 seconds. The second one he did in 75 or something to that effect, just barely missing it.

So I see him passing it tomorrow/

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 30, 2010 1:46 PM | Report abuse

For the ones thinking Shanahan is treating Haynesworth unfairly.....

Do you use that same logic to question John Harbaugh?

Terrence Cody had to run it 3 times before he passed.

I guess Harbaugh had it out for the poor guy

Think about that and how the media wasnt all over that like they are this.

Stop for a second, pull your emotions out of it, and look at it for what it is.

A common test that is being run by other NFL teams and other people fail it as well.

And for all of you quoting Florio(aka pot stirrer) you are suckers. He is a tabloid writer and you eat it up and spit it back out as truth.

Notice he says the NFLPA is monitoring the situation, were they monitoring Terrance Cody's as well?

He failed it twice....

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | July 30, 2010 1:46 PM | Report abuse

* On a run up the middle, Stephon Heyer pushed rookie linebacker Perry Riley back five yards downfield, helping to open up a hole for running back Ryan Torain.
Posted by: Zeebs1

Might be the last Perry Riley report we get until the blurb indicating he got cut.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | July 30, 2010 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Zeke;

I hear actually he was tearing it up recently (not today). Doc Walker has watched him some and likes what he sees.... for what it is worth....

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 30, 2010 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | July 30, 2010 1:47 PM | Report abuse

I hope not he was our first pick after TW. We need to start getting production out of our midround draft picks or else this team stays stuck in neutral.

Posted by: Stu27 | July 30, 2010 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | July 30, 2010 1:44 PM

PT = potty training?

from experience with the little ones, it's a long process that involves frustration on both sides, but well worth the effort for overall long-term benefit.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 30, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan is done commenting on Haynesworth's condition.....

....and hopefully gtown85 is also done commenting.

Posted by: hessone | July 30, 2010 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Stu;

he was our 4th round pick... the 2nd pick of the 2010 draft for us.

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 30, 2010 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Zeke;

Posted by: Zeebs1

Posted by: zcezcest1 | July 30, 2010 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Well, maybe Heyer is doing good too.... first day guys....

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 30, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: oldtimer4 | July 30, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse
______________________________

I contribute in the form of $$ & cents... I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination, just a middle class worker like most. I just value my time in my life more than anything else... If they made a toll road & it reduced my ride from 60 mins to 5 mins & it cost $25/day... I would pay it just to have 55 more mins doing the things that I enjoy doing. Our time on this planet is limited & I'm going to enjoy every minute of it on my terms... work to live, not live to work.

So, back to the issue at hand... my only issue with the test is, I don't think Haynesworth is going to pass it & it is definitely a lot more than Baltimore made Cody do... Furthermore, like I said.... does anyone think Kemoeatu would pass this in this century??

Shanny is making his point, but it should end this weekend & lets get the focus on football & not this immature grudge match.

Posted by: tony325 | July 30, 2010 2:03 PM | Report abuse

"The situation is basically the same. The media is blowing this out of proportion, and you are all eating it up."

Sorry, couldn't resist.

gator, their situations aren't anything close to being the same. The only correlation you can draw is that they both will play NT and are some fat SOBs. That's it.

* Cody isn't the highest paid defensive player in NFL history.

* Cody didn't under-perform last season.

* Cody didn't openly criticize the defensive scheme last season.

* Cody didn't knock up any strippers in the offseason.

* Cody didn't sulk upon hearing the defense will make a transition to a 3-4 set.

* Cody didn't go MIA during OTAs

* Cody isn't vilified by media and and fans, and to a lesser extent, his teammates.

* Cody didn't promise to "be the best NT in football", take 21 million, and didn't show up to a mandatory workout.

* Cody didn't get fined.

What I'm basically saying is that because of those transgressions by Haynesworth is the ONLY reason everyone is making such a huge deal about this.

Haynesworth was pretty much decided as most hated and painted as "everything that's wrong in sports" the minute he signed up for 100 million.

That's why we have this dumbass never ending Haynesworth circus.

You say take the emotions out of it... they were there from the jump. If anyone needs to take emotions out of it, it's the guys who want Albert taken around the back of the training facility and have Shanahan put a 30-30 rifle to the back of his head and blow his brains out. These are the folks that have been posting their anti-Haynesworth junk for weeks now.

With the events that have developed over the last few days, all it did was give them more beat off material. They're loving this sh*t.

I just want them to start training, get updates on other players, and get past this senseless bullsh*t.

Posted by: RedDMV | July 30, 2010 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Zeebs1??? isnt that what i said... Anyways we reALLY DO NEED TO START GETTING FINAL ROSTER PLAYERS OUT OF OUR 3-5 ROUNDERS.sorry for the caps

Posted by: Stu27 | July 30, 2010 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan is done commenting on Haynesworth's condition.....

....and hopefully gtown85 is also done commenting.

Posted by: hessone | July 30, 2010 1:58 PM

Lol! Only if you never again post your overly simplistic comments that could only come from a dullard. On any subject. Deal?

Posted by: gtown85 | July 30, 2010 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stu27 | July 30, 2010 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Amen. Mid and/or late round picks.

Posted by: Pepper5 | July 30, 2010 2:04 PM | Report abuse

"maybe, but I'm trying to recall the last time I saw Heyer blow someone 5 yards off the line ...

Posted by: zcezcest1"

He is a linebacker. Generally, you expect offensive linemen to win 1v1 battles against LBs. Riley is probably giving up 70 lbs on Heyer.

Posted by: psps23 | July 30, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

Yes stu;

I was confirming

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 30, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Can no body speek on AH behaf. He be doing his best to complete the requier task. If no body knows what the drils needs.
if i was AH i be getting the heck out of here dont noby appreciet his effort for the team. I be hoping he dont pass test as it is not fair the mistreatmant he be going thru and humeliation fell bad for AH.
Stop hating

Posted by: Incognito00 | July 30, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1"

Posted by: psps23

So do you remember Heyer blowing an LB 5 yards back?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | July 30, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Cool, so with Perry Riley is he looking at a potential middle linebacker spot. IF so i guess its him and HB to back up LF. Not sure how many potential middle linebackers we keep with the 3-4 alignment.

Posted by: Stu27 | July 30, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

PT = potty training?

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo

lol.. Moo, PT = Physical Training. A little Army jargon. But I guess it works your way as well.

When you f'd up, you're reminded that if you didn't get it together you're going to get 'PT'd' until you puked and you body went numb.... which would happen on everyday runs anyway.

Posted by: RedDMV | July 30, 2010 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Stop hating

Posted by: Incognito00 | July 30, 2010 2:08 PM

Nice effort, hessone!

Posted by: gtown85 | July 30, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

@gtown85

Stickin to it, peace out !

Posted by: hessone | July 30, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | July 30, 2010 2:10 PM

just kidding red... this former navy brat knows exactly what you're saying.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 30, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone know how TW looked?

Jamaal Brown?

Donovan McNabb?

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 30, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

bosshog7169

Can you push two 300 pound men back seven yards then tackle a 220 pound man trying to get away from you 20 to 30 plays a game? Every Sunday for 16 weeks? Thats what the 21 mil is for smart guy. Please dont try to compare yourself to Albert Haynesworth. Really, you sound like a joke in doing so.

Posted by: ged0386 | July 30, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Nope, can't remember any of those. But I also can't remember any LBs blowing up Heyer on a running play either. It's rare to see a tackle on a LB off the LOS (especially an ILB like Riley). Now if our DEs start to get blown up by Heyer, it may be cause for concern (or celebration, depending on your POV).

Posted by: psps23 | July 30, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

FAT AL RUN 300 YARDS... LIKE TONY SOPRANO WOULD SAY.... STU CAZZU!!!

Posted by: BarackObama | July 30, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

For years this organization had "favorites" and afforded "star" treatment.

Haynesworth was carted off the field nearly every series.

He did not show up to ANYTHING mandatory in the offseason.

....and Mike Shanahan is supposed to "be the bigger man"...

Haynesworth needs to pass the test and Shanahan needs to stick to his guns.

Posted by: rickyroge | July 30, 2010 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Dear Coach Shanahan

It’s been said that you really shouldn’t criticize a man until you’ve walked a mile in his shoes.

For this reason (and others) I decided this morning that before I say another derogatory word about AH92, I’d try to put the old axiom to the test and see how the world looks from his point of view.

So I went out behind the old motor home and set up two beer cans about 25 yards apart and ran a couple of the much discussed and analyzed 300-yard shuttles. You will be pleased to note that I did the first set in slightly over 62.5 seconds, and following a 3 and a half minute rest, completed the second series in 66 seconds flat.

Hey, that’s not bad at all for a 50-something year old self-confessed geezer who measures up to about 6’ 2” and 230 pounds, and in moderate physical condition -- especially one who works behind a desk at some meaningless job all year to only make a small fraction of a single-day’s game check for a so-called professional athlete who is half my age and in the supposed physical prime of his life.

But the more I thought about it, I more I came to realize that it probably wasn’t fair to compete straight-up with AH92. So I decided to even things up a bit.

I got into the old Gremlin and went to the local Safeway and picked up a couple of 40-pound sacks of Russet potatoes, along with a 20 pound sack of Yukon Golds. I then stopped by the local Home Depot and picked up a couple rolls of gorilla tape, before ending up at the Paper Moon Club in Springfield, where I borrowed a set of 4” stripper heels from Clintonia, an overly large cross-dressing working “girl” with Daddy issues and size 13 boats.

You get the rest: I taped the Russets to the shoulders, the Yukon Golds around the waist, and double-bound the heels to the ankles.

Also decided that before I went back out behind the trailer, I had better drop a deuce. Then I finally sauntered out again to retake my fitness test.

But again, I must report that I exceeded expectations. Even with the spuds and heels, I only added a mere two seconds to the time for my first set time -- coming in at a little under 65 seconds, while the second set was run at 69.5 seconds.

Despite my sore back and ankles, I was so exuberant about finishing so strong that I then set up a few trash cans, rolled myself up into a tight ball, and knocked them all down like Fred Flintstone picking up a strike in the 10th frame.

I must also say I caused quite a stir with the neighbors, who starting snapping all sorts of photos of me in my funny garb -- including the one I’ve enclosed here.

In conclusion, I would just like to remind you of the immortal words of John Cougar Mellencamp, as spoken in that iconic song about the rites of baseball:

“Put me in Coach, I’m ready to play!”

Posted by: Vic1 | July 30, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

AH is on the receiving end of a Shanahan AHA! moment. Next up, Shanahan's gotcha! moment. This season when AH stuffs a center into the face of a quarterback, it will be a great moment. AH: drill baby drill; maybe then you will get to play with the first string. AH: making me happy 25 yards at a time.

Posted by: xanthem | July 30, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Stop hating

Posted by: Incognito00 | July 30, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse

would be nice to get updates on someone/thing other than AH/Shanny.....

thanks to those who've been getting us them, zeebs, among others....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 30, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

NFL NETWORK AND ESPN is reporting that the Redskins and Seahawks are still very intrested in V Jackson. Talks between the teams has re-heated up this week.

I say just throw out a 2nd and get it over with. Face it, we need another reciever. I do not trust Malcolm Kelly anymore. Though I think Devin Thomas can turn into a good deep threat.

Posted by: roccoskins | July 30, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Stop hating

Posted by: Incognito00 | July 30, 2010 2:24 PM

Nice effort, hessone! Next time post it under your own screen name.

Posted by: gtown85 | July 30, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vic1 | July 30, 2010 2:23 PM

MOL!

potatoes were the clincher for this Idaho honky.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 30, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

check, moo...

feeling sort of nostalgic...

Posted by: RedDMV | July 30, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

106.7 and lacanfora reporting redskins just traded for V. jackson

Posted by: connskins | July 30, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Vic...I think it was Mark Knopfler, not JCM, but well played either way.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | July 30, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

“Put me in Coach, I’m ready to play!”

Posted by: Vic1 | July 30, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

That would be John Fogerty.

Posted by: Pepper5 | July 30, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Where?

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 30, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Agree. Fogerty it is!

Posted by: Vic1 | July 30, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

That would be John Fogerty.

Posted by: Pepper5 | July 30, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Winner! My bad.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | July 30, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

106.7 and lacanfora reporting redskins just traded for V. jackson

Posted by: connskins | July 30, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

OMG i think i just Haynesworthed in my pants...

Posted by: Stu27 | July 30, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Nice effort, hessone! Next time post it under your own screen name.

Posted by: gtown85

I agreed to your proposal, and you, you continue to bore us. Later

Posted by: hessone | July 30, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

106.7 and lacanfora reporting redskins just traded for V. jackson

Posted by: connskins | July 30, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Is this true? Did anyone else hear the same thing?

Posted by: psps23 | July 30, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

I didn't realize it was the Vikes who drafted Gerhart. Between him and Peterson they are going to wear down alot of defenses. Ouch. I like him coming out. I knew he wouldn't be an everydown back but a good releiver, 3rd down, and goal line player. Plus I bet he plays well on most special teams.

Posted by: Devo2 | July 30, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 30, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

106.7 and lacanfora reporting redskins just traded for V. jackson

Posted by: connskins | July 30, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

OMG i think i just Haynesworthed in my pants...

Posted by: Stu27 | July 30, 2010 2:38 PM |

Relax, Stu. None of this stuff is official until Beantown posts it from PFT.

Posted by: beep-beep | July 30, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 30, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Redskins trade for Vincent Jackson
Mike Florio
July 30, 2010

The Redskins and Chargers have agreed to a deal that would send disgruntled wideout Vincent Jackson to the Redskins in exchange for their 1st and 2nd round pick in the upcoming draft. Stay tuned for more details on this one.

so basically we have ZERO draft picks next year.....that sucks.

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 30, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

106.7 and lacanfora reporting redskins just traded for V. jackson

Posted by: connskins | July 30, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Is this true? Did anyone else hear the same thing?

no idea, just heard it on the radio

Posted by: connskins | July 30, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Vic1 - Great post. But the song you quoted was a John Fogarty song.

Posted by: columbiapike | July 30, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | July 30, 2010 2:42 PM

sounds like stu already relaxed.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 30, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

so basically we have ZERO draft picks next year.....that sucks.

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 30, 2010 2:44 PM

You are so negative. Now we have the one player we needed to put us over the top!! After we win the Super Bowl our picks are so low in each round that they're like worthless anyway.

Posted by: beep-beep | July 30, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Nice try bean... pft has nothing. You should have rick rolled us...

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 30, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

I agreed to your proposal, and you, you continue to bore us. Later

Posted by: hessone | July 30, 2010 2:40 PM

Lol! Is that what "stickin to it" means? I thought you meant you would continue to post.

hessone = dejected

Take care.

Posted by: gtown85 | July 30, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

zeebs, dude I copied and pasted that....should be there....maybe hit refresh or something...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 30, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Nice try bean... pft has nothing. You should have rick rolled us...

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 30, 2010 2:48 PM

It was there a minute ago. I saw it too. Must be updating it or something.

Posted by: beep-beep | July 30, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

And we dont have a 2nd next year (McNabb)... and i highly doubt Allen would give up so much for one player.

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 30, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Hey Red,

How do you feel about becoming mainstream? Looks like your handle is joining tatoos and Betty White as things that were once cool but now too popular to be tolerated by the counter-culture.

Sorry man, what's your next move?

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | July 30, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 30, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

That second was this year's.

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 30, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

"And we dont have a 2nd next year (McNabb)...

Posted by: Zeebs1"

We gave up our 2nd in this past draft for McNabb. We gave up our 3rd or 4th rounder in the next draft, depending on his productivity.

Posted by: psps23 | July 30, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

true, my b

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 30, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dbailey211 | July 30, 2010 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 30, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

I've learned that if Beantown is posting something that's supposedly from PFT, that it's most likely false. Beanie, you need to throw out something real every now and then in order to make your fakes more believable.

Posted by: kaasmaster | July 30, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

WG, it's only popular among young blacks in the area. Even older blacks sort of don't like it (especially the ones from suburban MD and DC) because they despise anything having to do with NOVA. I had a dude that told me that because I was from VA I probably voted Republican. Little did the doofus know, Northern VA is a predominantly democratic, liberal, left, or whatever they're calling it these days.

And I really wouldn't expect white folks to find it catchy either Especially seeing how some are so reluctant to accept practically anything from black culture, and vice versa. They play raps songs that were hot like 15 years ago... it's like 'damn you're just know rockin' that?'

I mean, when I first stared using the name people thought it had something to do with the Department of Motor Vehicles. I told them what it meant, and that it'll gain steam.

Looks like I was right.

Posted by: RedDMV | July 30, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kaasmaster | July 30, 2010 3:14 PM

He can't throw out anything real because he can't access PFT at work and he's sure not going to bother with this blog on his own time.

Posted by: beep-beep | July 30, 2010 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Hey Beetle Bailey,

know anything about some Afghan Journals?!??

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 30, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Well, DelMarVa is used more widely as I know it, then it was truncated to DMV.

Per Wiki:

Delmarva is a portmanteau word formed from the names of the states that occupy it: Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia (abbreviated VA). The earliest uses of the term appear to have been commercial—for example, the Delmarva Heat, Light, and Refrigerating Corp. of Chincoteague, Virginia, was in existence by 1913[1]—but general use of the term did not occur until the 1920s.[2]

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 30, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Kelly is SO toast

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | July 30, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

"RedDMV, where you ever in the Army? I did 20 years, retiring in 1997. I was a 96B, Intelligence Analyst, Retired a MSG.

Posted by: dbailey211

Props TOP for doing the full 20. Nothing but respect, here!

Yea, I enlisted in 2002, did two Iraq tours and left early 2007 as an E-5. I would've stayed but didn't like deploying every six months and f'd up my back something firece trying to carry one of those air tanks for the weather balloons the 93 echos, it was never the same after that... was always limited on certain days I myself was a 25F -- Network Switching Systems Operator- Maintainer. Jack of all trades, master at none.

Posted by: RedDMV | July 30, 2010 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | July 30, 2010 3:15 PM

"You Ain't Nothin' But a Hound Dog" really rocked once Elvis put it out.

Posted by: beep-beep | July 30, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse

beep, thats just wrong....on SOOOO many levels...how many times have I defended you?? I found your knife by the way, it was in the small of my back....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 30, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Had the exact same test in college. Time is based on position: O-line/D-line get the most time. It's a very tough drill--after the second rep you are completely dead, but as a "professional" athlete you should be able to do it...even if you weigh 300+

Posted by: Zeebs1 | July 30, 2010 1:36 PM

Posted by: stadogs | July 30, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

did two Iraq tours

red, didn't know this...much respect to you, and thanks for your service...I'm gonna downgrade you to 1/2 a bama because of this...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 30, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Redskins trade for Vincent Jackson
Mike Florio
July 30, 2010

so basically we have ZERO draft picks next year.....that sucks.

Posted by: BeantownGreg1

Moves like this are all too familiar. Insert any other name besides Shanny or BA and the bloggas would light em' up for giving up the picks.

Posted by: dcwun | July 30, 2010 3:38 PM | Report abuse

300 yards is about 3/4 of an average track on a high school athletics field. And three of those is just over two laps of the track. I don't think this is too much to ask of such a PROFESSIONAL athlete with SO MUCH TO SHOW about HIS COMMITMENT TO HIS SPORT.

Posted by: laserwizard | July 30, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

it just feels so good when it happens.....like a cool breeze on a hot day......

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 30, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

People love to make stuff up...

Posted by: rich20ssu | July 30, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: laserwizard

I'm all for discipline but you have to admit this is a bit much. Even AH's O and D line teammates said they wcouldn't pass this "conditioning test."

AH screwed up in the off season but its time to play football. Shanny, you made your point.....

Posted by: dcwun | July 30, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Thnxs, beans. But I didn't do it for the glory. I just wanted to get away for a while and travel... Really didn't have Baghdad as a place I wanted to visit, but such is life in the Army.

I was misplaced... They had me in a field artillery unit during my first deployment, which was good because I worked for HQ and I did get to see the PATRIOT missiles get launched from Kuwait...

A few days later we made the infamous trip "up north" stayed in a camp called Dogwood which was aptly named because they had made stray dogs wondering around.

Saddam had crazy loot. Dude had gold plated EVERYTHING.

Posted by: RedDMV | July 30, 2010 3:47 PM | Report abuse

dcwun,

BeantownGreg made that post up. No trade for V Jackson has occured yet, and it may never happen. He makes up these sort of fake posts quite frequently.

Posted by: kaasmaster | July 30, 2010 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Beans appears to know the best way to tell a lie is to start with lot of truth... and then just serve it with a little bit of relish.

Must have been married a long time...

Posted by: Vic1 | July 30, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

*mad stray dogs

b-b, thanks for making my point. lol

Posted by: RedDMV | July 30, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kaasmaster

Should've known......

Posted by: dcwun | July 30, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TWITTER
@Adam_Schefter Redskins, Seahawks and San Diego complete three-way trade incluing V. Jackson to Wash. 4 minutes ago

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted by: skinshaveaGM | July 30, 2010 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | July 30, 2010 1:44 PM

PT = potty training?

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 30, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse
----------
PT is military for physical training. Hooyah Red!

Posted by: AnthonyMix | July 30, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

I do find it interesting that the Redskins created TWO available roster spots, supposedly to make room on the roster for T Williams.

The Redskins released defensive lineman Trey Jacobs and placed offensive lineman Mike Williams on the reserve/non-football illness list.

Seems to me that only one of these moves was needed, UNLESS they are planning to make some OTHER addition to the team.

Posted by: kaasmaster | July 30, 2010 3:55 PM | Report abuse

did that trade really happen

Posted by: mhartz1 | July 30, 2010 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Studs and Duds
By: John Keim
Examiner Staff Writer
07/30/10 1:03 PM EDT

We’re back! Now, remember this is not based on every single snap of practice. We can only see so much. And sometimes you catch a guy at the right -- or wrong -- time.

From the morning practice:

Studs

LB Andre Carter » He had a little giddy-up today, showing his speed in pass-rush situations from the stand-up position. He made a big stop in the backfield and, shockingly blew up RT Stephon Heyer on another play. He got around him another time as well. Carter did not have to turn and cover much and that’s a big key in his transition.

LB Lorenzo Alexander » He’s working with the first unit ahead of Carter. Like Carter, he’s doing a good job moving forward. Don’t know yet about him in coverage. And his strength is taking on blockers and moving them backwards. He drove Fred Davis back big time on one play. He also had a nice spin move vs. Jammal Brown to get inside. Good balance on the move. He also wasn’t fooled on a bootleg later in practice (maybe because they run them every other play).

QB Donovan McNabb » He was much more on target today, both long and short. Sadly, his wideouts didn’t help him out downfield. But he showed beautiful touch on one scramble to his right, lofting an accurate pass on the move to receiver Terrence Austin about 10 yards downfield.

NT Howard Green » I don’t know how much he’ll play, but I did like how low and balanced he stayed at the point of attack. Made him tough to move. It’s hard to watch the nose tackles too much because of our angle, but he was not getting shoved aside.

WR Bobby Wade » He loves running posts down the seam. Caught a couple passes on that route.

RB Larry Johnson » He’s showing a strong surge through the middle and does as good a job as any back at finishing runs downfield. Clinton Portis is still the best all-around back and has shown some good burst himself, but Johnson should be a clear No. 2.

Posted by: TWISI | July 30, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Duds

WR Anthony Armstrong » You can’t drop passes in individual drills and then again downfield in full-team work. Bad stuff. He got a lot of work with the starters, but did not produce.

RT Stephon Heyer » I won’t pick on him as much this season because he’s just not a good player. He stands way too upright and lacks legit quickness at this position. Because of it, he gets off-balance way too much.

RT Jammal Brown » I’m cutting him slack for obvious reasons. He’s going to have some rust because of the position change and missing a year with an injury so that’s duly noted. But while he works through it, there will be some sloppiness. He’s fine in his stance, but is standing too upright while blocking and therefore gets off-balance and making it tough to adjust to certain moves. A couple guys got him today. Again, credit the rust.

RT Clint Oldenburg » Get the feeling that I watched the right side of the line a little bit? We’re able to watch them more simply because of our vantage point. But he’s had a tough first two days. O

Posted by: TWISI | July 30, 2010 3:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: AnthonyMix | July 30, 2010 3:52 PM

understood and the joke was deliberate, navy brat originally from VaBeach/San Diego/Kingsville/Annapolis etc... everyone and everything I knew was military from DOB.

cheers to those who serve.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 30, 2010 3:58 PM | Report abuse

beeps

Posted by: TWISI | July 30, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

......
OMG i think i just Haynesworthed in my pants...

Posted by: Stu27 | July 30, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Thats a classic, maybe RI could add this AH92-NP = Pooped in my britches

In a sentence. I think I just AH92-NP, from laughing after reading Stu's post.

Posted by: Rando | July 30, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Ok trade talks r back on!!!!!

U guys kno how I feel.....

I think shanny feels the same, galloway was with first team offense.....

We need wr help bad

Jackson will be a redskin

I think smith softens his stand n takes a 2nd this yr n a 3rd next

Maybe a 2nd n a 4th performance conditional pic

Win now, shannys words not mine

I also think one of our cbs could be on the block to bmor, there hurtin

We could recoup a pick, they want a sb n got 0 cbs

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | July 30, 2010 4:15 PM | Report abuse

I'm just bummed and afraid that Fat Albert just has too much dog in him. He got his money and seems he doesn't have the motivation anymore to be great.

What scares me is, people are saying he looks to be in better shape (as far as not being as fat as last year), but I really question if he hit the weight room at all this off season, and therefore won't have the strength to be a dominat player anymore.

Remember when John Jansen got off the "enhancers" and lost his strength, he became a less than average lineman...ask Bill Parcells of the transformation he saw in Jansen.

So, I think Albert is just a big dog. Got his payday, and has no motivation anymore to be dominant.

And for anyone who thinks Shanny is in the wrong...I think you are in the wrong. It's just like being a father. You have to do the tough love, because if you don't, you are just doing an injustice to your child down the line. Actions have consequences, and too bad this child has too much dog in him.

Posted by: redskinbo | July 30, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

I just joined this site. I only did for a few reasons.I think some of you have good ideas. Some talked about the military.I also did join in 95.The U.S.M.C.! I remember being at the island for basic. WE had sand flea bites all over.We would P.T. after every meal.Plus many hours after till we were about passed out. People was out of shape had a hell of a time. Mostly the big guys who you thought was gonna be the most impressive.We made the cut no choice. If not you got sent back.I was blessed by being ready,alot others were not.It wasnt a White, Black thing.We grew to be a unit a family. 1 for all,all for 1!I sit here and see A.H. cant make the cut as of yet. Some feel sorry for his ass. He is paid millions of dollars to play football.He has a contract to live up to.He knows whats expected of him no excusses.Wow all we let them take over the game. they have one or two good years,and I want max with bonus options.then they get the money and lose the hart.Then they go hollywood. Forgot what and who they were and the struggle to get there.Then its a blame it on someone else i had a real bad season. Then everyone is against me. damn strait i have to pay more to see you suck ass on the field. That wouldnt work for me in the military. The difference between men and boys!

Posted by: JMUMMMEY | July 30, 2010 5:45 PM | Report abuse

Like I said yesterday, Everybody calm down.Big Al will pass and he WILL help this defense! BTW, F-Dallas!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | July 30, 2010 8:19 PM | Report abuse