Posted at 12:00 PM ET, 11/19/2010

Titans Coach Jeff Fisher calls Albert Hanyesworth 'very talented and explosive'

By Jason Reid

During the first seven years of his career, defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth played under Tennessee Titans Coach Jeff Fisher.

"Jeff is a great coach," Haynesworth said. "He always had us prepared."

On Sunday, Haynesworth will face Fisher and the Titans for the first time since he signed with Washington as a free agent in February 2009. The Titans play host to the Redskins at LP Field, and Fisher knows how well Haynesworth is capable of playing.

"He is very talented and explosive," Fisher said earlier this week in a conference call with reporters who cover the Redskins. "He got familiar with our system. We modified some things, especially the last couple of years where not only was he an impact player on early downs, but we put him in different positions on third down.

"I thought it worked really well with [former Titans defensive lineman] Kyle [Vanden Bosch]. Clearly, you're seeing the same things on tape that we got from him, and that is that he [has] a real impact on passing situations. He is very disruptive collapsing pockets and dictating protections. When he plays, he is real impressive to watch."

By Jason Reid  | November 19, 2010; 12:00 PM ET
Categories:  Albert Haynesworth
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jim Haslett says Redskins' last-ranked defense faces "learning curve"
Next: Clinton Portis will play Sunday against Titans; Ryan Torain out

Comments

Haynesworth is explosive. He blew up in the Redskins face. POS

Posted by: beep-beep | November 19, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Did I miss something? What happened to Wilbon?

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 19, 2010 12:17 PM

Left the Post to work full time on ESPN.

Posted by: beep-beep | November 19, 2010 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Yep, we can feel the love...

Expect to see a group hug at the 50-yard line before the game... and a nice slobbery wet kiss after.

Posted by: Vic1 | November 19, 2010 12:21 PM | Report abuse

@BW - I never spoke on the DT11 ish until now.....I love all the flak I received in the previous post, but that just tells me I'm on to something....

@LH - You should know by now I am hard headed....But if you believe, shouldn't you go all out?

And I only bring up the DT11 thing because WE DONT HAVE ANY DRAFT PICKS really if you think about it next year. Now y'all need to read what I said again. I said make him inactive all of 2010.

Tell him what's wrong. And see if he 'gets it' in 2011 is all I said.....And that saves us from spending resources (picks/FA $$) on a position....

For people to claim to know they know....this should seem like a simple concept.....Our resources are extremly limited.....EXTREMLY.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 19, 2010 12:22 PM | Report abuse

We already knew he was explosive...that's why he had trouble with the first conditioning test, right?

Posted by: PlayAction | November 19, 2010 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Repost:

IMO, the coaches believe that those players are not ready to protect our QB and/or the season is not over. Even in light of a total rebuild, if we get very lucky, we sniff 9-7 and a wild card.

Stranger things have happened. So what I believe is you may well see those guys you mention at some point after we lose our 9th game. Until then, nobody will admit that we are in rebuild mode, even though it should be apparent to all.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | November 19, 2010 12:11 PM

That is what I tell myself as well.

I do think it might look a little panicky to make wholesale changes, but I think we should look at easing those guys in if we drop this one against Houston and the O line is still getting out played and Galloway continues to have ZERO impact.

Posted by: edvar | November 19, 2010 12:17 PM

Posted by: edvar | November 19, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Sweat in eyes, tripped by
Vonnie, feel tired and lazy,
Think I'll just lay down!

Posted by: monk811 | November 19, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Explosive? or Volatile?

I always get those two confused...

Posted by: edvar | November 19, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 19, 2010 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Hey, kudos to you for believing in what you believe...

I just can't get past the fact that 3 plus years in, you are still an advocate for the "Cerrato Manifesto" at WR.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | November 19, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

@monk811 and PlayAction--

Either you guys are sock puppets or -- if you're actually two different people -- then you're watching too much Sesame Street and you're trying to become Bert and Ernie. Maybe it's Alice in Wonderland? Tweedledum and Tweedledee?

Posted by: beep-beep | November 19, 2010 12:32 PM | Report abuse

4th, if #11 put half as much effort into his game as you are defending him he'd be on the team.

Posted by: mack1 | November 19, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Titans Coach Jeff Fisher calls Albert Hanyesworth 'very talented and explosive'
By Jason Reid

I think he was talking about Haynesworth's performance at their annual farting contest during Training Camp a few years back, heard he took a few eyebrows off....

Posted by: monk811 | November 19, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Did I miss something? What happened to Wilbon?

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 19, 2010 12:17 PM

Left the Post to work full time on ESPN.

Posted by: beep-beep | November 19, 2010 12:19 PM

Damn...just read the news online. I know he's not popular up here, but I've read his stuff for years and have been a fan. I hate that he rushed to judge on ST as much as the next guy, but it's hard to make a case against him being head and shoulders better than any columnist at the WaPo not named Tom Boswell.

Too bad for the WaPo...can't think of a more dramatic drop in quality than going from Wilbon and Kornheiser to Mike "Make Sh*t Up" Wise and Tracey "Stop Calling Me Chaz Bono" Hamilton...

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 19, 2010 12:38 PM | Report abuse

@monk811 and PlayAction--

Posted by: beep-beep | November 19, 2010 12:32 PM

Do you have a problem with Sesame Street beep? That's kinda un-American...but its cool I guess...you can be Oscar the Grouch.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 19, 2010 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 19, 2010 12:22 PM

Dude, if you see any validation in your views based on the feedback you receive on RI, you're in some serious trouble...

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 19, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Then we could have been straight in the WR group in 2011...DT11...MK12...Sleepy....maybe resign Moss...Armstrong.....And all the Redskins would need to draft are Lineman....

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 19, 2010 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Read this again, and I defy you to do it with a straight face. You propose going in to 2011 "straight" at WR with the "Cerrato Solution".

Come on man!

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | November 19, 2010 11:31 AM

I don't care who drafted these people. No one blames Cerrato for drafting:

LaVar Arrington
Chris Sameuls
Laron Landry
Derrick Dockery
Jon Jansen (I think maybe not his draft?)
And I could go on, but you get my drift.

And also, we need to blame Vinny for bringing in DHall, because all that dude does is intercept passes and we need more CR22s on this team who don't......

And what kind of perrsoneel dude brings in some under the radar guy like London Fletcher....WHAT WAS CERRRATO THINKING ON THAT MOVE?!?!?!?!

And why the F did we get Santana Moss? We would have been better with L Coles watching his flat screen at home while being inactive.

And don't let me start with Sean Taylor! He only lasted on this team a year longer then DT11....We should have drafted the Winslow kid.

Must I continue? Must I?!

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 19, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

@monk811 and PlayAction--

Posted by: beep-beep | November 19, 2010 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Oops, p*ssed off the KING OF THE BLOG, the omnipitant beep-beep, AGAIN. How will I ever go on.........Oh well, over it already, you should get over it, and yourself, too.

Hey Play, we're not sock puppets are we? This dive ass NERD thinks we are!

Posted by: monk811 | November 19, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 19, 2010 12:42 PM

How. When RI is an advocate.....Bet against RI...makes total sense....

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 19, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Hey Play, we're not sock puppets are we? This dive ass NERD thinks we are!

Posted by: monk811 | November 19, 2010 12:45 PM

Hell no! If there was a hand up my ass I think I'd know it!

Defense Exhibit A --

Monk likes hessone, PlayAction doesn't.

Monk likes Bud, PlayAction likes rum.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 19, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Got to agree with 4th on this one (can't believe I'm saying that) but some of you are missing the point. Thomas, while nothing special at this point, still had the potential to show more upside then Galloway and Roydell. Also, he was more versatile, he played special teams and could be effective on reverses.

And all knowing Shanny has not always been on target in his assessments: I give you Corey Likenstick and Clarett. Yeah he's not playing for the Panthers, so what? Banks wasn't playing in the first few games with the Skins. So he sucks too?

Posted by: ga8085 | November 19, 2010 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 19, 2010 12:43 PM

I agree with your general point. Cerrato is so toxic on this blog that people overlook his good moves. Up here, people think all they have to do is to say "Cerrato" and they've won. A magic incantation, like "George Bush" in politics.

However, on this particular signing what Cerrato was thinking is "If Gregg Williams wants Fletcher, I better sign him. Who is he, anyway?" Also, Jansen was on Casserly's last draft.

Posted by: beep-beep | November 19, 2010 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheCork | November 19, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Hey Play, we're not sock puppets are we? This dive ass NERD thinks we are!

Posted by: monk811 | November 19, 2010 12:45 PM

Hell no! If there was a hand up my ass I think I'd know it!

Defense Exhibit A --

Monk likes hessone, PlayAction doesn't.

Monk likes Bud, PlayAction likes rum.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 19, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Exhibit B

PlayAction uses 24-20 for EVERY prediction, Monk doesn't

PlayAction liked Poopy, Monk didn't

Posted by: monk811 | November 19, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Must I continue? Must I?!

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 19, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Yes, you must.

Your reasoning is horribly flawed.

Vinny may have been in the building for all those draft picks you mention, but he was not in control. Dockery is a sad example to hold up btw . Landry was a Gibbs pick and LA/Samuels were the 2 and 3 overall picks. Even a blind monkey could have made those picks. They were predicted in every draft analysis in the country.

Now you are defending Cerrato overall as a personnel guy?

OK, rather than go on I'm going to follow an old adage:

Never interrupt your opponent when he is killing himself just fine on his own.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | November 19, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

"Jeff is a great coach," Haynesworth said. "He always had us prepared."

Hmmmmm..a shot at Shannagens

Posted by: ocskins | November 19, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | November 19, 2010 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Sometimes it is just that simple, and you have chosen 2 perfect examples to provve the point.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | November 19, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Hey Play, we're not sock puppets are we? This dive ass NERD thinks we are!

Posted by: monk811 | November 19, 2010 12:45 PM

Hell no! If there was a hand up my ass I think I'd know it!

Defense Exhibit A --

Monk likes hessone, PlayAction doesn't.

Monk likes Bud, PlayAction likes rum.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 19, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Exhibit B

PlayAction uses 24-20 for EVERY prediction, Monk doesn't

PlayAction liked Poopy, Monk didn't

Posted by: monk811 | November 19, 2010 12:55 PM

Case Closed.

Beep-beep has been hereby sentenced to spend an entire weekend in a remote log cabin all alone with hessone. It's ok beep, we cleared the time off with McDonalds.

Next case.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 19, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Hell no! If there was a hand up my ass I think I'd know it!

Posted by: PlayAction | November 19, 2010 12:48 PM

Tweedledum and Tweedledee--You're both always on the board at the same time. If you're not sock puppets and are really separate Tweedlers, then you really ought to consider seeing other people. You've gotten so into each that you complete each others' sentences.

Posted by: beep-beep | November 19, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Must I continue? Must I?!

Posted by: 4thFloor

No, 4th, I'll take over and list some more Cerrato/Snyder acquisitions by draft and trade:

I Had to come back temporarily to respond to someone who defends the GM who built the 4-12 mess last year and who left Shanahan with the building blocks who did so well against Philly...

You listed maybe a half dozen fine players acquires during his reign. I have to point out that it requires 22 players to field and offense and a defense EACH YEAR.

Here's just a few of the Snyderatto gap stoppers:

Deion Sanders, DB

Too Thin Barnes

Playbook Thomas

Slowpoke Davis

Whirlpool Kelly

Posted by: TheCork | November 19, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse

were the 2 and 3 overall picks

ryan leaf say's hello....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 19, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Hey monk...the Lord of the Board has spoken and says we can't be on here at the same time.

Do you want the day shift, or the night shift? Doesn't matter to me. We can switch it up if you'd like.

This sucks.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 19, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Rich Campbell tweeted that CP will play Sunday, Torain is out.

Posted by: TWISI | November 19, 2010 1:15 PM | Report abuse

@ Cork...

Did that hurt as much to research as it did for me to read?

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | November 19, 2010 1:19 PM | Report abuse

@ TheCork,
In all fairness, most of the QBs you named appeared to be handpicked by the coach. We know Spurrier wanted Wuerffel and Matthews and we know Gibbs wanted Brunell.
Most of the Big Names and 1-year wonders were probably Ceratto and/or Snyder, tho....

Posted by: Alan4 | November 19, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Of all of the coaches in the NFL, I think I dislike Jeff Fisher the most. The guy always has to stick his nose in the business of other teams and stir things up. There are more than a few carefully - and some not so carefully - hidden barbs in his little conversation. I wouldn't trade Haynesworth to the Titans for anything less than a first rounder in the offseason and then I'd brush him out the door for a fourth rounder form any other team. I hope the Redskins totally destroy the Titans. I'd give a bonus to McNabb if he'd throw a bullet to the Titans sideline and catch Fisher in the nutsack. I'd give Torain a bonus if he ran a sweep to the Titans bench and just ran over Fisher like he did that safety in Philly the first game. Hell, I'd give Shanahan the game ball if he punched Jeff Fisher's lights out right after the game....

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 19, 2010 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | November 19, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

What's wrong with beep today? Maybe the hot french-fry grease burnt him or something. I think he's just jealous.

Maybe you should ask for more shifts, cause it's sad that you keep track of PlayAction and myself when we come on here, you obviously have too much free time.

Do you want me to announce to you when I'll be leaving beep???

Posted by: monk811 | November 19, 2010 1:24 PM | Report abuse

ryan leaf say's hello....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 19, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Where are you? A west Texas jail cell?

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | November 19, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

@ TheCork,
In all fairness,

Posted by: Alan4 | November 19, 2010 1:21 PM

This is the first time that anyone has used the words "Cork" and "fairness" in the same post. Bonus points for a very creative phrasing, Alan4.

Posted by: beep-beep | November 19, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

...and BLloyd, as much as he sucked in burgundy and gold, is leading the league in receiving yards this year.

He has more TDs than all our WRs combined.

Posted by: Alan4 | November 19, 2010 1:27 PM | Report abuse

i swear some guys on here act like jilted teen age girls...STILL pissing and whining about bruce/deion from 10 FARGIN years ago....10 FRIGGIN YEARS...its laughable...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 19, 2010 1:28 PM | Report abuse

He has more TDs than all our WRs combined.

Posted by: Alan4 | November 19, 2010 1:27 PM

And was and Al Saunders selection, not Vinny. Al new how to pick him, not how to coach him.

Posted by: beep-beep | November 19, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse

He has more TDs than all our WRs combined.

Posted by: Alan4 | November 19, 2010 1:27 PM
-------------------------------------------
That's one that shocks me. Heck, I didn't even think the guy was still in the league. It just goes to show there's a right system for everyone.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 19, 2010 1:31 PM | Report abuse

ryan leaf say's hello....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 19, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Where are you? A west Texas jail cell?

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | November 19, 2010 1:25 PM
------------------------------------------
...35 years old, thrice divorced, and living in a van...DOWN BY THE RIVER!

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 19, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse

It just goes to show there's a right system for everyone.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 19, 2010 1:31 PM

Right. And the thesis up here is that it's Shanahan's fault that he didn't install the right system for Devin Thomas. Now it's Fox's fault.

Lloyd was a washout in San Francisco, Washington, and Chicago.

Posted by: beep-beep | November 19, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Do you want me to announce to you when I'll be leaving beep???

Posted by: monk811 | November 19, 2010 1:24 PM

Beep...I'm going to get some lunch...be back in about 20 minutes...ok?

Posted by: PlayAction | November 19, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Whirlpool Kelly

Posted by: TheCork | November 19, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse

My favorite Bill Parcells line was:
You can't make the Club in the Tub!

Posted by: monk811 | November 19, 2010 1:40 PM | Report abuse