An Unrestricted Look at Points

Jason Reid looks at the Redskins' offense and analyzes where the points should come from Sunday night against the Ravens in Baltimore (where it will be v-v-v-v-very c-c-c-c-cold, according to the Capital Weather Gang).

By Cindy Boren  |  December 5, 2008; 11:50 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Practice Report
Next: Tuning in Air Vinny

Comments

Springs has been downgraded to doubtful for Sunday's game as he re-aggravated his whole body when forced to dress himself this morning.

Springs however assured the media after practice that there is NO WAY he is missing this game as it is against an NFL opponent.

Posted by: Skins211 | December 5, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Well that was a waste of my time. Hell he hasn't like a match for the last 8 or so games.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | December 5, 2008 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Damn I hope nothing is wrong with Dirty Thirty.
JM220 Posted by: icetotalpackage

Two things wrong with LaRon.

1. He's playing out of position.
2. He's not as good as this blog thinks he is.

Posted by: RedskinWillie | December 5, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

seriously, these things are a total waste of time and space.

Real insightful JReid...
These belong on your youtube or myspace page.

Posted by: Skins211 | December 5, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Damn, I thought it was a post about Bonus Points

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | December 5, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

where has [Rocky McIntosh] been all year btw? you hardly ever hear his name during the game.

Posted by: dealer1 | December 5, 2008 11:56 AM |

You know, this was my impression, too. But he's having a pretty good year: 69 tackles, two sacks, two forced fumbles, and one INT.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | December 5, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Wow he is have a good year considering the injury from a year ago. Thanks for the info TE

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | December 5, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

"I heard Landry was finally forced to sit out and rest a day after playing the entire season with a serious case of miss-tackleitus..

Guy grabbed nothing but air followed by a face full of wet grass about 10 times last week against the Giants."

Landry is being misused, but only out of necessity. He needs to be in the box blitzing and mixing things up. Having him play centerfield is not playing to his strengths. I understand there isn't a better alternative right now, but he was drafted to be a SS and to mix things up at the line. He's had his troubles against Jacobs, but a lot of people do. Especially considering he's coming from 20 yards back and Jacobs already has a head of steam going.

Posted by: Yoder-lay-hee-who | December 5, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Thought this post might say the NFL has decided to really give a team the points from the spread! Lord knows we need them!

Posted by: redryan400 | December 5, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

I agree we are not catering to his strengths Yoder-lay-hee-who. We have done a great job of negating the big plays with having him deep though. However, my issue is with the poor tackling. Maybe he is trying to do too much when he is around the ball because he is not getting the opportunies he would like up around the line of scrimmage but he has to be more consistent and finish tackles.

Posted by: Skins211 | December 5, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

qeed qeed (you need a mirror)

Posted by: dcsween | December 5, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Skins win 13-10! landry is playing great but he obviously would be at the line if the meast21 was still alive. I have an interesting perspective on this skins-purple browns thing. I live in Baltimore I was born not long after the colts where gone and low and behold I was raised a redskins fan. Growing up there were tons and tons of redskins fans here in bmore and actually there are still quite a few. However, do to the bandwagon mentality that most of their fans have as soon as the ravens went to the superbowl their fanbased increased. They hate us but they used to cheer for us its funny to me. When they went 13-3 the stadium was packed. Last year they were giving the tickets away. You think steelers fans took over fed ex you should have seen them at m&t bank stadium last year.

Posted by: bza48842002 | December 5, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Skins211,

I agree his tackling has definitely been a disappointment. I just don't think we'll know how good Landry can be until he's able to play in the box. He's talented enough to take away the deepball, but he's not a true FS by any means. Which makes me wonder if the Skins will get someone to play centerfield or waste Landry's true talents by keeping him back there. I love Horton, but IMO he's just a less talented Landry.

Posted by: Yoder-lay-hee-who | December 5, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

J-Reid and JLC need to get it over with; go to Vermont, get married, and name their first adopted child AntiVin. These dudes must sit up all night in their "jammies" talking about how pathetic of a job VC has done acquiring talent for the team. It's funny because it's basically the same group of players that started 4-1, beating Dallas and Philly on the road. I suppose the offensive line has aged a lot in less than 2 months?

Posted by: CPortisRun | December 5, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse