Another New Orleans Trip

Hey there, posting this for my boy John. Another trip is in the works, and here's the latest info straight from John and the gang:

I hope everyone is doing well today. Now that JLC is back and had a chance to spend time with his family. I have asked that he post this e mail so we can get an idea of how many people want to go to New Orleans to help build homes. The last trip was great and we are going to go with the same setup that our little brother came up with. (for those who don't know little brother is Scott). Leaving on a Monday and returning on a Sunday. There were two time periods that were suggested which are the end of June or the beginning of July. Therefore I suggesting June 25- July 1 st or July 2 nd - July 7 th . If anyone has any other dates, please feel free to make a suggestion. The prices for plane tickets are the same no matter what day we leave. ($203-$500). I will look into hotels cost once we confirm a date.

By Jason La Canfora  |  February 21, 2007; 4:44 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Saturday Night - Cap. Hill
Next: The Crystal Ball

Comments

YEAH SKINNYS GET TO WORK BECUSE YOUR TEAM SUCKS YOU MIGHT AS WELL DO SOMETHING ELSE TO GET YOUR MIND OFF OF FOOTBALL WHERE IS YOUR BOOHOO BOX

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Posted by: BOOFER | February 21, 2007 5:20 PM | Report abuse

jm220, Scott, I hope you guys get a solid crew for the second mission to New Orleans. I won't be able to make it in person due to family vacation plans, but I wish I could be there working alongside you guys.

Since I know it won't be all work and no play, and since the Skins won't be in town this time, may I suggest a trip to see the New Orleans Zephyrs (no longer a Nats' affiliate, but oh well). They have a little homestand June 30-July 3.

Awfully proud of you guys for doing this good work and representing the rest of us.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 21, 2007 5:21 PM | Report abuse

JM220, Scott,

There is a remote chance that I could go the first week, but not at all the second week. My work schedule is busiest the two weeks around the month change. Jimmy Carter's Habitat for Humanity is one of my favorite charities. Once I retire, I expect to do some work for them locally.

Mark

Posted by: Mark | February 21, 2007 6:20 PM | Report abuse

Nate thanks bra. I hope the family is doing well.

Mark gives dates that best work for you and we will see.

Posted by: jm220 | February 21, 2007 7:21 PM | Report abuse

NEW POST - JASON"S PREDICTIONS

Posted by: Anonymous | February 21, 2007 7:48 PM | Report abuse

Not sure when my summer classes end, but I would love to go so keep me posted as well. Thanks Scott and John and Jason

Posted by: Dorf | February 21, 2007 9:38 PM | Report abuse

jm220 & Scott

Right now the 7/2-7/7 would be better for me because I may have a week long seminar the previous week. I'll know for sure by end of March I think.

Hope it works out and a bunch of us can go.

Posted by: sfskin | February 22, 2007 1:32 PM | Report abuse

sfskin Scott is going to let me know if the week of July 2nd works for him. With the blog not working the last couple of days I am not sure about Adam.

Posted by: jm220 | February 23, 2007 11:52 AM | Report abuse

I've got a slight preference for 7/2-7/7, but at the moment, either June 25- July 1 st or July 2 nd - July 7 would work for me.

Adam