Aromashodu Signs; Frost Goes to Frozen Tundra

Jason La Canfora is en route to Redskins Park and phones with these updates:

For the second year in a row, the team has signed a former wide receiver who played with quarterback Jason Campbell at Auburn and former punter Derrick Frost has signed with the Green Bay Packers.

They've added Devin Aromashodu, a 6-2, 200-pound Miami native who was released Saturday by Indianapolis, as the eighth pick to the practice squad. After a workout Sunday, the team had informed tight end Tyler Ecker that he would be signed to the practice squad. He was excited about the opportunity, but the team never formally announced the signing. Instead, the eighth spot goes to Aromashodu. Of course, the Auburn player they added last year was Anthony Mix.

Although the team liked Ecker's workout, they continued to scan the waiver wires and went with Aromashodu. Ecker only last week was cleared by doctors to play; he'd had surgery on both sides of his groin this spring. So, if a need were to arise at tight end, he might be an option.

With Horace Gant and Aromashodu, that gives the team two receivers on the practice squad, which is important with Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas not yet up to speed. Jim Zorn said Kelly may miss the first two games.

Aromashodu, 24, was a seventh-round pick by Miami in 2006. He was released and spent that season on the Indianapolis practice squad, was signed to Houston's practice squad last season, and was re-signed by Indy when they had a need at receiver. He played in six games and caught seven passes for 96 yards.

He was a teammate Campbell and Carlos Rogers from 2003-05.

Frost was released by the Redskins Saturday and had been contacted by several teams. He was scheduled to try out for Seattle on Tuesday, but Green Bay signed him without a tryout.

By Cindy Boren  |  September 1, 2008; 10:32 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Frost Sends a Message
Next: Roster Ramblings

Comments

First. Where the heck is everyone?

Posted by: 22 Minutes Late | September 1, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Michael Phelps

Posted by: First! | September 1, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

They are still on the last thread. I just sent of the flare there.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 1, 2008 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Best wishes Frosty. Hate to say it, but you probably have a better chance at a ring up there, at least this season.

Posted by: RambleOn | September 1, 2008 10:59 AM | Report abuse

How many players from that Auburn Team are in the NFL now? It seems like a lot but few are really making waves.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 1, 2008 10:59 AM | Report abuse

RO, you know Farve is gone right?

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 1, 2008 11:01 AM | Report abuse

t/e, Can you please enlighten me on the successes that Snyder has had since he became owner?

In your own words from an earlier post: "As for Forbes Rankings, the Skins are usually ranked #2 in team value behind the Cowboys." That never would have happened under the clueless, egotistical Cooke family from RalJon, Md.

As for Snyder's successes, we've been in the playoffs twice the past three years. We've never had a year as bad as the 4-12 under Richie Petitbon. We have an improving roster. I thought all his head coaching decisions were better (in prospect anyway) than Norv Turner. I was wrong about Spurrier, but so were a lot of others who thought it was a brilliant coup. I also give him a lot of credit for spending to the max -- there are many franchises in the league where the owners won't spend. (Right here in DC we have the Lerners trying to win on the cheap while not even paying their bills to the city.)

My bottom line on Snyder is that he's made a lot of mistakes, but never made the same one more than three or four times. He's learned, and I like the trajectory the team is on now. I think he gives Vinny three years as GM and if things aren't better than they are today, then Vinny hits the street.

Snyder wants his legacy to be marked by Lombardi trophies, and more Lombardi trophies than Cooke got. He's sure not going to let loyalty to Vinny stand in his way.

Now, loyalty to Tom Cruise, that could be an obstacle ;)

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 1, 2008 11:10 AM | Report abuse

They are still on the last thread. I just sent of the flare there.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 1, 2008 10:58 AM

Beep beep service has been very weak over the last few days. Whose fault is that? We need to assign blame.

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 1, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Aroma-show-doo?
Aromas-how-doo?
Arrow-mash-oww-doo?
Are-oh-mass-how-doo?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 1, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Man, they did Tyler Ecker WRONG !!

Posted by: Sid Vicious | September 1, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

TE,
Its usually Cindy's gig, but I can never blame her for anything. So I guess its Skippy's fault

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 1, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Where did Mix end up?

I posted in the last thread about Deltha O'Neal being dumped by the Bengals. Anyone else think he'd be a nice nickle back to pick up?

Posted by: Tbone | September 1, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Did Mix or Billy McMullen get picked up at all

Posted by: Andy from Baltimore | September 1, 2008 11:22 AM | Report abuse

TBone, if we got him wouldn't he be our Dime? If he played for Vet Min, I would take it.

Posted by: A | September 1, 2008 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: A | September 1, 2008 11:22 AM

Whatever the case, he's got to be a better option than Tryon. That guy doesn't look ready to play, probably ever. He's the only draft pick they kept that I take issue with at all.

Posted by: Tbone | September 1, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

T/E, now I'm just arguing to argue, but you are still off base on Snyder in my opinion.

General Motors is the 9th largest company in the world so size is not necessarily an indication of success.

And, the reason the Skins are ranked #2 in value has less to do with Synder than you are giving him credit for. RFK could seat about 55,000 fans or so...and the Skins had a 20 year waiting list for season tickets. They move to a 90,000 seat stadium, rip off fans on parking, $8 beers, and guess what...people just keep pouring in by the droves. Perhaps Snyder gets credit for the Fed-ex deal, but naming rights to stadiums was well established years prior to Snyder / Fed-ex field...but I'll throw him a bone on that one.

Maybe I am old fashioned but a good football owner really has one primary job...hire someone to run his organization. A close 2nd is stay the hell out of the way.

Snyder has done neither of those things.

Posted by: isnadd | September 1, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Did Mix or Billy McMullen get picked up at all

Posted by: Andy from Baltimore | September 1, 2008 11:22 AM

I've looked, but haven't found either of them on anyone else's roster or practice squad. If Zorn like McMullen he could end up in Seattle because they are in a bad way for WRs.

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 1, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

A was me FYI,
TBone, I agree that Tryon looks bad, but have to wonder if we will opt to use one of the young Safties at dime after a while.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 1, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

The fact that JLC seems so interested in where Frost is going to be playing next (this is what, the third post about it?), coupled with the fact that Frost has shown himself to be a whiny malcontent the past few days, leads me to think that Frost was one of the JLC's infamous "sources." That is, when JLC doesn't just make stuff up.

Posted by: Good riddance Frost | September 1, 2008 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Ron Burgandy would not stand for this...

Way to go Skins front office, stay classy!

Posted by: isnadd | September 1, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Too late. The Patriots signed Deltha O'Neill.

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 1, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

I don't understand all the concern about Tyron and playing time. He is the number 5 cornerback. If he is even active for a game he will only play on special teams. The top 4 corners are Springs, Rogers, Smoot, Torrance. In addition they could always play one of the back up safties in dime packages. Tyron playing occurs only if you have injuries.

Posted by: Lifelong Fan | September 1, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Billy McMullen will be signed after week one just like they did reche Caldwell. They don't want to guarantee his salary. They'll keep him until malcolm kelly and devin thomas get up to speed and release him when and don't have to owe him his whole salary since he is a vet.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 1, 2008 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Aroma-show-doo?
Aromas-how-doo?
Arrow-mash-oww-doo?
Are-oh-mass-how-doo?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 1, 2008 11:17 AM

Good one. But my question is how many different ways will Jasno spell it?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 1, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Game day inactives week 1,

Kelly, Geisinger, Brennan (3rd qb), Rob Jackson, Tryon, Hamilton, J. Taylor, and i still need one more

Posted by: Anonymous | September 1, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Aromashodu Signs:

I have 3 issues with this signing:
1. He was a 7th round pick
2. He has been on practice squads for two years already. Can anyone name a player who has gone on to success in the NFL after being on 3 practice squads?
3. Riggins will never be able to pronounce his name after a couple of drinks pre-game.

Seriously, there was no other player available that the Skins had on their watch list that did not warrant signing?

Way to go front office!!!

t/e - I know this message is boring

Posted by: isnadd | September 1, 2008 11:34 AM | Report abuse

he's beenn in the league since 2003

Posted by: Anonymous | September 1, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: isnadd | September 1, 2008 11:26 AM

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 1, 2008 11:36 AM | Report abuse

"This is me, not arguing to not argue. Like I said on the last post: agree to disagree."

Wow, you went pretty easy.

Posted by: isnadd | September 1, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

I agree with lsnadd on most of what he said. The high point of the Snyder administration was when we drafted Lavar and Samuels and flew them into Fed-ex via helicopter. I was there for that!

Talent Evaluator you probably argue with your friends why the Bush administration is doing such a great job too, huh?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 1, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

You guys are always saying snyder is a bad owner. I think he is a great owner that has pride. He wants to win. he doesn't want to sit on his A@# . I respect that. there are alot worst owners out there that would not care if they win or not and not waste a ddime as they only want to make money. Snyder makes money and puts it back in to the team

Posted by: Anonymous | September 1, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Or as I like to say, "90% of me not arguing is 75% half arguing and the other 75% is agreeing to disagree 40% of the time."

Posted by: Yogi Berra | September 1, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | September 1, 2008 11:42 AM

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 1, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Aromashodu Signs:

I have 3 issues with this signing:
1. He was a 7th round pick

Way to go front office!!!

t/e - I know this message is boring

Posted by: isnadd | September 1, 2008 11:34 AM

I don't get your point. I mean 3 is a joke so i will disregard. on 1&2, no one becomes a star off the PS regularly, can you name me how many pro-bowlers spend time on the PS.. Ever? PS guys are there for 1 of 2 reasons, either they are UFA's/late picks who you hope to get seasoned under the radar as low risk moderate reward players. Or they are bodies to beat on during practice. With a good group of WR's in the starting rotation, you're not going to have Kelly and Thomas playing tackle dummy against the starting D M-F, with these guys, you give Colt/Collins someone to pass too against Springs/Rogers/Smoot.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 1, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

I don't fault JLac for his musings, but I'd love to see in print where he reports the FO's successes with just as much vigor as their missteps.

Posted by: sicwidit | September 1, 2008 8:17 AM
----------
Sure and as soon as we get a pic of Bigfoot, will include it with the FO's successes.

DC is a ghost town after work"
- myrtlebeachmike

----------
I work in DC and I agree 100%. Dead after 7.

Posted by: What? Who? | September 1, 2008 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 1, 2008 11:45 AM

"You know, I actually did for a while, but I couldn't even convince myself and gave it up. I'm ready for a change. Not necessarily for Change, but for a change."

Translation: "Talent Evaluator don't like black people"

Posted by: Anonymous | September 1, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

What? Who?,
What part of the city are you talking about? Do you live in DC? Do you socialize in DC? This town consumes more alcohol 2nd only to Vegas. People got to be drinking somewhere.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 1, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

if anyone is interested in joining a 12 team fantasy league that drafts tomorrow 8pm EST. Let me know.

Posted by: rich20ssu | September 1, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: rich20ssu | September 1, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

"I work in DC and I agree 100%. Dead after 7."
Posted by: What? Who?

OK, well what about the 'N' word flying in Myrtle Beach. Confirm or Deny?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 1, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Translation: "Talent Evaluator don't like black people"

Posted by: Anonymous | September 1, 2008 11:50 AM

Or "Talent Evaluator Loves Alaskan Hotties"

Posted by: Anonymous | September 1, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Since its been brought up. Having an ex-MissUSA contestant as his VP, can the GOP continue to successfully argue about experience on the ticket with out being blown out of the water by their own torpedo?

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 1, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse

OK, well what about the 'N' word flying in Myrtle Beach. Confirm or Deny?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 1, 2008 11:52 AM

What 'N' word you be talkin' 'bout, bro? Neanderthal? Neo-conservative? Noogie? What you bein' fraid to say what you mean fo'?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 1, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

I ask because my GF's family, who are further to the right than Bill O'Riley said that they are switching to Democrat because of her.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 1, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 1, 2008 11:55 AM

Um, yeah. They're nominating her for Vice President, not President.

Besides, the election's not going to be decided based on experience or VP candidate. It'll be about taxes and the economy. And, to a lesser extent, about the war and about Bush.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 1, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 1, 2008 11:57 AM

They'll cool down once they take a good look at Obama's policies. We're still counting on their votes.

Posted by: RNC | September 1, 2008 12:02 PM | Report abuse

"I don't get your point."

Alex, I'm saying I cannot believe the best player we could find for our practice squad was the guy we signed.

Posted by: isnadd | September 1, 2008 12:04 PM | Report abuse

"Since its been brought up. Having an ex-MissUSA contestant as his VP..."

For what state, Alaska? That's like winning a beauty contest in Samoa...still pretty damn ugly.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 1, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Sarah Palin will firm up support among Republican men, and will arouse interest from hard core Democratic men. Expect photos, if only Photoshop Phantasies.

Posted by: RNC | September 1, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Translation: "Talent Evaluator don't like black people"
Posted by: Anonymous | September 1, 2008 11:50 AM

Or perhaps Talent Evaluator just doesn't like the liberal/leftist agenda of the Democratic ticket.

If you're looking for racism, find a mirror.

Posted by: Hope Springs | September 1, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

---
I would like to believe that but the fact is some people will pick their vote based on who the VP candidate is, we have 2 head of the tickets with what I would call a higher risk of death in office. I don't pick off that stuff, but I know very politically aware friends that do.

Obama being the first black man ever stands a higher than average chance of being killed via hate groups. McCain has a family history of poor health on his fathers side and he has had issues in the past.

I do think that the economy and war will be the 1-2 for 75% of the voting public, but that would leave 25% voting on other issues.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 1, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Anybody is better than me, i tear my groin getting out of bed.

Posted by: tyler ecker | September 1, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

isnadd, it's not a surprise that you can't believe it. From reading your post you do not know much about football. Stop it already. You are pulling a Frost.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 1, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

My repaired groin knows more than Isnadds

Posted by: Tyler Ecker | September 1, 2008 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 1, 2008 12:07 PM

Your math leaves much to be desired. Trust me, I know math.

Posted by: Yogi Berra | September 1, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

+++My bottom line on Snyder is that he's made a lot of mistakes, but never made the same one more than three or four times. ++TALENT EVLAUATOR

Great line. Whoever said you don't have a sense of humor doesn't know talent.

+++He's learned, and I like the trajectory the team is on now.+++

The last trajectory I've seen like this one was Frost's last punt as a Redskin.

Speaking of not knowing talent...

+++he gives Vinny three years as GM and if things aren't better than they are today, then Vinny hits the street.+++

You act like Vinny is a new hire. Dude's been with Snyder since day one. If mushwits on this board like me have already figured out he's clueless, why hasn't Snyder?

+++Snyder wants his legacy to be marked by Lombardi trophies, and more Lombardi trophies than Cooke got.++

And I want a night of passion with Penelope Cruz. But wanting and obtaining are two different things. And right now, I'd say the over/unders are about even.

+++ He's sure not going to let loyalty to Vinny stand in his way.+++

And yet he has. Quite the conundrum, eh what?

Posted by: Corkczar | September 1, 2008 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 1, 2008 12:07 PM

Then it will be a landslide! McCain will get 75% of the votes and will split the remaining 25% with Obama.

Posted by: RNC | September 1, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RNC | September 1, 2008 12:02 PM

I could see them fracturing with 1/3 voting democrat, they have a few liberal republicans in their family, 1/3 going back to the GOP and 1/3 going to Barr.

Its the weirdest family I have ever met politically, they are all right wingers and fundamentalist christians, picture of Reagan hanging in the kitchen types.

But the father would make all his kids sit down and read Marx's manifesto at one point and say, "this is how a utopian society would work but it will not happen because it required 100% commitment from everyone in the society."

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 1, 2008 12:12 PM | Report abuse

"Also, anybody who goes looking for Cerrato’s pre-Redskins duties might find evidence of Cerrato’s brief movie career. He played the role of “Antonelli” in a 1993 feature film called Kindergarten Ninja. According to promotional materials, drug gangs are “taking over” until “a kung-fu kicking angel named Bruce” shows up to save the day."
-------------
Ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Nice GM, yo got there Danny!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 1, 2008 12:12 PM | Report abuse

So if Mix came back and started with Devin, would we be the first team in NFL history with a QB throwing to his two NCAA targets?

Has that ever happened before?

Posted by: Bryan | September 1, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Corkczar | September 1, 2008 12:10 PM

That answers your question, Corkczar. It's only the mushwits on this board who have come to that conclusion.

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 1, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

I will say, so far both sides general election strategies are the worst I have seen since 2000, and I thought I would never see worse campaigns than 2000. Oh, what I could do with a half competent politician and a quarter billion dollars.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 1, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

+++"After a workout Sunday, the team had informed tight end Tyler Ecker that he would be signed to the practice squad. He was excited about the opportunity, but the team never formally announced the signing."

Way to go Skins front office, stay classy!

Posted by: isnadd | September 1, 2008 11:30 AM+++

He just got a condolence letter from Jim Fassel and Gregg Williams.

Posted by: Corkczar | September 1, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 1, 2008 12:14 PM

who you calling a mushwit. I will have you know my brain is still semi-gelatinous.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 1, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

isnadd just finished offering condolences to my groin.

Posted by: Tyler ecker | September 1, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

+++ If mushwits on this board like me have already figured out he's clueless, why hasn't Snyder?

Posted by: Corkczar | September 1, 2008 12:10 PM

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 1, 2008 12:14 PM+++

God I HATE it when people don't get self-deprecating humor.

For the record we're ALL Mushwits on this board,...full of opinions and ourselves, neither backed by solid evidence.

Posted by: Corkczar | September 1, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | September 1, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Corkie said:
"Actually I've got the Redskins sad record since Vinny and Dan took over to support my point of view. All you've got is your whistling past the graveyard analytical technique."

Oh, snap!

Posted by: Michelle Obama | September 1, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

"Houston, we have a problem...we're going down."

The 17-year-old daughter of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is pregnant, Palin said on Monday in an announcement intended to knock down rumors by liberal bloggers that Palin faked her own pregnancy to cover up for her child.

Posted by: RNC | September 1, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Me

Posted by: Beep Beep | September 1, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Shotgun wedding at the white-house anyone?

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 1, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for standing by me, Alex.
I do sincerely apologize and take full responsibility for the poor beep beep performance over the last few days. I was off Saturday, which really was no excuse, and yesterday was hairier than Bigfoot. I will strive to do better. Also, my 17-year-old daughter is pregnant.
Kidding! (But if I had one, she probably would be.)

Posted by: Cindy | September 1, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: Cindy | September 1, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Talent,

Just an FYI, the only reason the Cowboys are more valuable than the Skins is due to the debt portion of the new Stadium. Last year was the first year that they moved to #1. The Redskins have been #1 since the Danny has been here as owner.

Posted by: CLEGG | September 1, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

"Having an ex-MissUSA contestant as his VP, can the GOP continue to successfully argue about experience on the ticket with out being blown out of the water by their own torpedo?"Posted by: Alex35332

Dear Alex...the Republicans can still talk about experience. They went out and found a mother of five, way out in Alaska, who has more experience than Obama. Think about it...she has been a mayor and a governor...both situations lend to "the buck stops here" on her desk...Obama, or any senator for that matter, can and HAS washed their hands of any issue or decision they like...they either vote "present" or just don't show up at all...the President doesn't have that luxury nor do governors. So the Republicans backup QB has more game experience than the Dems starter!

Posted by: voice of reason | September 1, 2008 5:58 PM | Report abuse

I think Mcmullen and Mix both have too many years in the league to be signed to the practice squad. mcmullen for sure. Who are our 8 anyway?

Posted by: DB | September 1, 2008 7:18 PM | Report abuse