At least Suisham is perfect on scoreboard

Place kicker Shaun Suisham made field goals of 30 and 35 yards and he is 12 for 12 on the season. Could he go perfect for the whole season?

"I'm not focused on that," Suisham said. "I'm just happy I could contribute, happy that we won."

There was, though, one part of Suisham's game that was less than perfect. Normally reliable on kickoffs, he kicked two out of bounds on Sunday, twice giving the Broncos the ball at the Redskins' 40.

"The first one was a bad one," he said. "The second one, it's so close [to going in the end zone]. Kickoffs, it's not like a punt. You can't put it out of bounds. You try and play that fine line -- really pin them in the corner -- and unfortunately, it went out of bounds."

The Redskins were trying to pin Eddie Royal, Denver's dangerous return man, into a corner of the field from which it would be difficult to make a long return.

By Barry Svrluga  |  November 15, 2009; 7:20 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: How long will Rogers' benching last?
Next: Yoder steps up again with another TD

Comments

What a difference a holder makes.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 15, 2009 7:24 PM | Report abuse

Where are all the frickin Carlos Rogers apologists??

Hello?? Are you out there??

Where are your excuses and rationalizations??

Yeah, he's a pretty good tackler...WHEN HE'S NOT GOING TO THE BUFFET ON DOUBLE-MOVES AND SINKING THIS TEAM WITH HIS INCOMPETENCE!

Posted by: p1funk | November 15, 2009 7:27 PM | Report abuse

Westbrook suffers another concussion
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 15, 2009 7:12 PM ET
The Eagles were applauded for playing it safe with Brian Westbrook when they held him out of two consecutive games after a scary concussion.

It appears they didn't play it safe enough.

The Eagles announced that Westbrook was knocked out of Sunday's game in the fourth quarter with another concussion. The setback illustrates how scary head injuries. A player can be medically cleared and you still never know what will happen when he returns to a game situation.

We wish Westbrook well as he recovers from this injury. We suspect the Eagles will play it even safer before allowing him to the field.

========================

This is nothing to mess around with and hopefully Portis is handled a bit different. IR Portis for his own safety. At the very least, keep him in-active next week.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 15, 2009 7:28 PM | Report abuse

"I ain't even going to think about no future here." - Carlos Rogers

Good, because the future here isn't thinking about your sorry butt, you total waste of a # 9 overall pick.

Go dupe some other team into paying you #1 CB money.

"It was a double-move".

No crap, Five Thumbs. It's been double-moves your whole career.

Posted by: p1funk | November 15, 2009 7:30 PM | Report abuse

Where are all the frickin Carlos Rogers apologists??

Hello?? Are you out there??

Where are your excuses and rationalizations??

Posted by: p1funk | November 15, 2009 7:27 PM | Report abuse

P1funk, why are you yelling? He sucks, we know that.

Posted by: whughes1 | November 15, 2009 7:31 PM | Report abuse

Hey Gang...re-posting, I know but....And hey, nice to see you over here, Periculum!

Hey Gang...this is gonna sound...well, here's the deal:
Look, I'm happy, excited, that we won. And I don't much care to feel, on a deeper level, the way I do. BUT-I was SORTA hoping we'd LOSE-and continue doing so. Because the wins only serve as band aids to our deeper issue. The owner. And sadly, the crummier we play the better the chances are that somehow, someway Dan sees the "light". I mean, Scrooge did, right? And before we hear about how willing he is to spend money-remember it's OUR money. And reflect on the countless ways Dan has taken advantage of our love for the 'Skins by taking our cash.
Funny-our air and print yakkers call Dan everything BUT a "bad man"!
And then jump Riggo for saying what they've been insinuating for years.Kinda like inciting a riot over someones' views on something-and then deploring the response!
You see, I think Riggo came correct.
Not to say Dan's a murderer or beats his kids...but we seem to have lost the notion of being honorable in your actions and dealings with others...not just SOME others,but ALL others-or as close as you can get. Being a bully because you CAN....now, back in the dark ages when I was raised, if I engaged in behavior of that sort a parent or someone else in authority would have told me I was being a "Bad Boy".
Any whoo, back to my original point.It's hard for me to be really happy with vee's when I know it only prolongs the agony of my cherished teams' being owned by a "bad" guy.And lessens the likelihood of the changes in behavior/actions/attitude that would make this a team that is "winner"- whether they win games or not.An honorable franchise
And I don't want to see Dan sell the team-he'd be just as miserable a human with just as much money and power..able to impact others just as negatively in some other arena.
Ya know, we just LOVE the stories about our athletes who redeem themselves through an embrace of "doing the right thing"....
So, Mr. Snyder....can YOU step up to the plate? Because until you do...well, I'm still a lifelong 'Skins fan, and oh, of course I'll root for victories.....but my heart just ain't in it....
Go Skins.

Posted by: zendo | November 15, 2009 7:33 PM | Report abuse

I didn't see the game in its entirety. Therefore I can't say whether the OL was trash today, and from what I hear they played great. All I know is that they're all backups on any other team. And through changes in plays and protection schemes they played well today. I'm just saying that's props to Lewis and a definite exposing of Zorn.

Posted by: JesusFreakKaren | November 15, 2009 7:33 PM | Report abuse

Danny Smith is just as bad as Zorn and Blatch

Posted by: jonthefisherman | November 15, 2009 7:34 PM | Report abuse

peep peep

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 15, 2009 7:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iubiquity | November 15, 2009 9:09 PM | Report abuse

"If we would have DRAFTED Eddie Royal we wouldn't have to worry about it would we!!"

WHAT!?! You mean 'waste' our 34th overall pick on someone with local ties when we got the 'far superior' Devin Thomas??? What's next, are you also going to tell me we shouldn't have picked Fred Davis at 48 and thought about that DeSean Jackson guy taken one pick later?!? Snyderatto traded down out of the first (bypassing much needed O-line depth) because they know what they're doing; that's why they're in charge and Zorn was handed a "playoff caliber" roster...

Posted by: harrypoopers | November 16, 2009 4:11 AM | Report abuse