Big New Orleans Update - Free Tix!!

The latest from Scott on this noble adventure:

It is less than one month until we are headed down to New Orleans, and I wanted to make one last appeal for you all to join us. This is an awesome opportunity to do some good work and have an amazing time down in the Big Easy. Our mission leaves Tuesday December 12th and returns Sunday December 17th.

You can still get reasonable airfare down to New Orleans, and once you're down there, accommodations are fairly cheap. The first 3 nights of the mission we will be staying at Habitat for Humanity's Camp Hope, which is only 20 dollars per day with food included. For the weekend, we have secured a group rate at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel downtown for 115 dollars per night (great rate for a French Quarter hotel). I have also found out in the last two days (those already attending, please read), that the Redskins will most likely be providing a dozen free tickets to our mission volunteers.

That means that if you pay your way down and work for a couple of days, you don't need to be worried about getting into the game - we have that covered for you. I hope for those of you who were still on the fence about coming this will move you towards committing to the trip. Please be in touch with me if you have questions or want to donate money for those people who want to come down but can't afford to.

Also, please make sure to check the mission's website for all necessary details about the trip. http://redskinsnolamission.blogspot.com

Thanks so much.

By Jason La Canfora  |  November 17, 2006; 4:00 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Award Time
Next: Another New Orleans Trip

Comments

AARON LACRATE RULES BUY HIS NEW ALBUM

Posted by: Louis Boya | November 17, 2006 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Tell Mona I got some nw and improved Juggs

Posted by: Debbie Wall | November 17, 2006 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Why is my in-laws picking me up after the brass elephant

Posted by: Todd Karp | November 17, 2006 4:11 PM | Report abuse

That bum dented my car

Posted by: MIck the stick | November 17, 2006 4:12 PM | Report abuse

jm, where are you?
Get yo'self to b*tchslapping
These last three posters

Posted by: MV Dame | November 17, 2006 5:31 PM | Report abuse

MIck the stick,Todd Karp, and Debbie Wall

Come here. A little closer. A little closer. Smack in the back of your damn head. Here is another one just for having that dumb look on your face. And a last slap for that sorry post. Last slap just because I don't like odd numbers. Now check yourself and come correct son.

Posted by: Anonymous | November 17, 2006 7:13 PM | Report abuse

Hey ya'll all, take it easy on Mick, Debbie and Todd Karp. One of my boys seems to have gotten crazy house drunk and dropped a bunch of inane, inside jokes that only me and like 5 other people would get.
Pay no attention. Nothing to see here.
I'm sure it would be the last time.

Johnson, were you with us when Stick got in that accident at Halloween Fells Point?
All I know was Todd and I were punching the bleep out of each other in the backseat.
The part about Aaron LaCrate is the truth, though. If you like Bmore club music, the kind of stuff they've been mentioning a lot on The Wire, pick up my brother's CDs. Not for the faint of heart, though. The samples are definitely X-Rated.

Posted by: Jason La Canfora | November 17, 2006 10:09 PM | Report abuse

OK JLC I will give them a break only because of you. (the hand was lock and reloaded lol) Where can I pick up your brother's CD? Remember I am in New Jersey. (if I need to send you money to mail it to me hit me up on my e mail address)

Posted by: jm220 | November 17, 2006 11:03 PM | Report abuse

jm, do a google search for Aaron LaCrate or DJ LaCrate, and "B-more Gutter Music" the name of his first CD. He has a small label that puts out some club music and apparantly the stuff he and some locals dude have been doing for like 15 years is now all the rage in NYC (The Times and Village Voice have done articles on it recently).

If you can't find anything and I'll get another copy from my bro if he makes it in for Thanksgiving. Shoot me an email.

I think's he might have a DJ gig in Taiwan or something like that next week, but if not I think he's making it back to Baltimore for some turkey.

Posted by: Jason La Canfora | November 17, 2006 11:35 PM | Report abuse

Good morning JLC. I hope all is well brother. Thanks for the information. Is your brother with Low Budget? I just want to make sure this is him before I buy the CD on line. If, so the he got some skills. (lol) Man it reminds me of my college days at Morgan State.

Posted by: jm220 | November 18, 2006 9:54 AM | Report abuse

He used to spin on the Morgan State station all the time. This is back when like Sunday nights at The Sports Bar at the harbor was the spot., with like DJ Scottie B and Frank Ski.
His label is called LaCrate Records.

Posted by: Jason La Canfora | November 18, 2006 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Can anybody think of another team where the fanbase dislikes their play by play guy like Skins fans dislike larry?

Posted by: AEE | November 20, 2006 3:19 PM | Report abuse