Blache speaks 'from the heart' in Snyder's defense

Prompted by John Riggins' most recent criticism of Redskins ownership, defensive coordinator Greg Blache broke his month-long media silence today to defend Daniel M. Snyder. The organization is making no official comment about Riggins' harsh words Wednesday night on Showtime's "Inside the NFL," but Blache spoke for nearly four minutes to reporters today. He did not take any questions. In defense of the team owner, he said:

"This morning when I came in, and I turned my computer on and I was looking at Pro Football Talk, and I saw comments that John Riggins made about Mr. Snyder. And it really bothered me, the more I sat there at my desk. There's been a lot of criticism of him over the last few weeks. And this is a man I've known for six years, since I've been here. And in the six years, I've never seen John Riggins here. I met him once at Beach Blitz down in Virginia Beach. Never seen him in the building.

"To hear such a vicious criticism of somebody I consider not just my employer, but a good friend, bothered me. And as much as I hadn't been talking to you, I felt like this is something I needed to do. Somebody needed to stand up and set this record straight. This person, the comment that was made, a 'dark heart,' that's totally, totally untrue. The problem is the fans don't get to know Mr. Snyder like we do, so they get an impression of things that are written and things people say. I'll tell you something from a person who's been here for six years who's gone to him for things that I've needed in my family, there's times that he's come to me when he's heard about issues in my family, and offered his assistance. It's unsurpassed. He's one of the most generous, kind individuals you'll ever meet. My wife and I are involved in hospice, and there's been countless times he's come and helped us with issues with hospice. So to see that and get the feeling that that's what everybody on the outside gets to hear about this person, I just felt like it was time for somebody to stand up and set the record straight. I decided that I was going to do it, I was going to do it today because it's enough. I mean, it really is. We've had criticism from other people outside the building, saying what Dan Snyder is and what he isn't. You don't know Dan Snyder, and that's the problem.

"Do I agree with everything that Dan Snyder does? No, trust me. Because he and I, we work together. And I'm not going to tell you that this is a utopia. There's no utopias in football, there's no utopias in life. At the same time, enough's enough. Every story, there's one person's side, there's another person's side and behind it all, there's a third side and it's the truth. I just thought it was time for somebody to come and just throw a little truth out there. We keep hearing these other sides, these other factions, and to be quite candid, the third side - the truth - this person, all he wants to do is win. That's all he wants to do. He'll spend his money, he'll spend his time. He wants to win. He's here for the people, for the fans, for the Washington Redskins. There's nobody who's pained more when we're not successful than Dan Snyder. There's nobody that cares more about the fans than Dan Snyder, there's nobody who wants to win here more than Dan Snyder.

"I just think it's time to be put out there, it's time that you guys understand that everything that's wrong with this organization is not Dan Snyder. It's so easy for the people who held... a microphone every day to point fingers and shuffle it off somewhere else. But at the same time, I'm in a ton of those meetings when decisions are made. And so a lot of the things that wrong, you can't go back and somehow it was so-and-so's fault because that's how those comments were made. So just to set the record straight, I think it was wrong. I wish the best for Mr. Riggins and all his endeavors or whatever he does. But for me, that was enough. And I just felt like for me to wash my face in the morning and to feel like a man or to talk to my kids about doing the right thing, I needed to come here and make that comment today.

"I've got no other interest in it. I have a contract for next year, so it's not like I'm trying to make something up. If they send me home, the way coaches' contracts are written, they have to pay me anyway. So quite honestly, this is unsolicited. But from the heart, just something I just felt I needed to do. Thank you."

By Rick Maese  |  November 5, 2009; 1:15 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Vote now on Game 8
Next: Defense still looks to help out with turnovers

Comments

Twins of the 1990s, '08 Rays, '87 A's, '97 Marlins, '03 Marlins, '98 Padres, '04 Rockies, '01 Diamondback, '05 Cardinals all say it's pretty level--if you know how to pick the players.

And since all of the players are getting millionaire salaries, arguing about who spents money for what is the philosophy of losers.

Cry about what small market teams do with all that Dodgers, Yankees, Sawx, Cubs, Angels luxury tax money before you hate on the successful for being what they are: successful.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 5, 2009 12:58 PM |

Other teams have won the WS recent because the Yankees have made a lot of dumb moves. But when you can outspend your nearest competitor buy at least 2 to 1 it gives you a huge advantage. There is no way to dispute that. Take the current champs. They unzipped their wallet and got CC, AJ and Tex. For what it cost them, there is no other team that could have afforded to do that. Without the addition of those 3 they wouldn't even have gotten to the playoffs, let alone win the WS.

Posted by: LittleGreenBag | November 5, 2009 1:23 PM | Report abuse

HA HA HA! First thing Blache reads in the morning is FLORIO!

Posted by: dcsween | November 5, 2009 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Greg, Baltimore's corners are a major weakness, and that defense is not what it was without Rex Ryan (but they will win this week b/c OT Jared Gaither is back from injury). Indy's strength is its offense, its defense is still keeping games plenty close. Denver has that Belichek Jr. guy in charge, plus an aggressive defensive play caller in Nolan.

Posted by: dcsween | November 5, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

I think Dan is "man" enough to defend himself. He does not need people who get paid millions by him to defend him. It just rings too hollow. Where is my $400 champagne bottle in France? Oh yeah, I am not an investment banker type of fan!

Posted by: JohnWWW | November 5, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Blache can defend Danny all he wants.

Truth is that Danny is a bad manager and has made far too many poor and often petty decisions along the way.

Suing fans, buying up the radio properties to control the media and banning negative signs in the stadium are all examples of a petty leader.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 5, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Media again. Maybe they should have a flag football game against the Media. Loser shuts up for rest of season.

Posted by: ridgely1 | November 5, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Setback for punter

By Ryan O'Halloran on Nov. 5, 2009 into Redskins 360

We'll get something posted on Greg Blache's spirited and impassioned defense of owner Dan Snyder in the wake of John Riggins' continued assault -- he called Snyder a "bad guy" and said he had a "dark heart" during an appearance on "Inside The NFL."

Meanwhile, the only bit of real news is that punter Hunter Smith re-injured his groin and said he is "most likely" out for Sunday's game in Atlanta.

During the open locker room period, Jim Zorn, Danny Smith and several personnel people were on the practice field as a yet-to-be-identified punter tried out. There could have been more than one.

Smith missed two games earlier this year with the same injury and Glenn Pakulak filled in.

-- Ryan O'Halloran

Posted by: TWISI | November 5, 2009 1:27 PM | Report abuse

wow....lets see as impassioned play as this come Sunday....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 5, 2009 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Strange how you think the only team they would lose to (NE), they have already beaten, and the only team they have lost to (BAL), you think they will beat next time. Can you explain the logic behind this?

Posted by: REXskins | November 5, 2009 1:25 PM

Game films, injuries in the first meetings, Belichek, and Baltimore's corners. Its not logic, its a body of work. Coming into a second matchup, the first time loser has a psychological edge. Football games don't get decided by previously compiled statistics. If they were, the Greg Blache's great friend, John Riggin's dark heart, and the puppet master who works the Vinny strings would have had more success with the Win-Loss column.

Posted by: dcsween | November 5, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Quote from Matt Millen

"I don't understand how does Vinny Cerrato keeps his job."

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 5, 2009

Yeah, I made up the quote, but I bet Millen is thinking it ...

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 5, 2009 1:31 PM | Report abuse

The skins are by far the best reality TV series going. Jon & Kate got nothing on us.

Posted by: Predator48 | November 5, 2009 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Riggo probably went too far saying Snyder has a "dark heart", I dislike Snyder intensely, but I wouldn't accuse him of that.

Unsurprisingly, Blache didn't address any of the other criticisms of Snyder.

Meddling, incompetent, profit-driven, egotistical....

Posted by: smutsboy | November 5, 2009 1:35 PM | Report abuse

I don't think Snyder is a bad guy, or an evil person. To the contrary, it seems hes shown class and generosity all along the way to the players, families, charities, the ST tragedy, etc.

However, he still knows very little about running a football team.

Posted by: Rypien11 | November 5, 2009 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Of course Blache doesn't mind him. He blows all his resources on defense.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 5, 2009 1:39 PM | Report abuse

On that note, Ryan Howard...please disappear for the ENTIRE off-season. Give no interviews, and maybe everyone will forget about the magnificent gag-job you pulled in the playoffs...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1

Phrom a Phillies phan: phu_ck you.

Posted by: LittleGreenBag | November 5, 2009 1:39 PM | Report abuse

I believe that Snyder wants to win. Its fairly obvious. His, and ours as Redskins fans by proxy, is his method. All I can do is HOPE that this abortion of a season, the way he is being lambasted from all quarters, the way that he has RELIED on Vinny's advice to make football related hiring and personnel decisions that have absolutely failed, will lead him to FINALLY change his method to one that other successful (on the field) owners have chosen to employ.

Namely, get a real GM who has a plan to rebuild the offensive team as required (which in my opinion is Oline, QB, and RB) give him three years, let HIM hire HIS coach(es), and get the hell out of the way. Completely out of the way.

Dan, go fix Six Flags and Johnny Rockets to get your hands on management jones filled.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | November 5, 2009 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Is Blache going to take questions from the media now?

Posted by: jmy999 | November 5, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Too much 'soap opera' not enough football for me ~ let me know when we can start talking about manly crap ~ this 10 year debacle and the local media coverage of it has soured my outlook on all my sports viewing, I could barely even bring myself to watch the world series....(sigh)...for now I'm boycotting everything Redskins and the coverage of them ~ including RI ~ somebody smack me if you catch me on here the rest of this year ~ This is the start of my Redskins Sabbatical.

Posted by: RedBaron2008 | November 5, 2009 1:43 PM | Report abuse

"Unsurprisingly, Blache didn't address any of the other criticisms of Snyder."

No he didn't address them directly but he did say that he does not agree with everything that Snyder does, he just didn't go in depth.

I think that he is more speaking of the passion that he has to want to succeed which I don't doubt. I just think that he needs to get a GM and let him run the show like it should be run and get the team back to where it needs to be. Because what they are currently doing is not working.

Posted by: prahdigalson | November 5, 2009 1:43 PM | Report abuse

If he really wants to win then he needs to take a dose of humility and realize the fact that he DOES NOT KNOW FOOTBALL and hire football people to make football decisions. Hell, I want to win, does that qualify me to be the general manager of a football team...NO.

I get what Coach is saying and we've all seen the good things that Snyder does. Riggo was a bit over the top in his commments. Still, being a nice rich man does not qualify him to make personnel decisions about football players.

"Reassign" Cerrato (if he's that much of a friend, don't fire him) to one of the other Snyder companies and hire a real GM.

Posted by: sanantonioredskin | November 5, 2009 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sanantonioredskin | November 5, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Nice job coach. I also think that people who have no idea what they are talking about should keep quiet, but Riggins has never done that. We embraced him because he could carry the rock. Fact is behind that line you and I might have done as well. His next claim to fame is passing out on the floor of a congressional luncheon and disrespecting a supreme court justice. We assume that becaues he played he must know what he is talking about. But the facts are as the coach said, he has never even seen him at Redskins Park. Riggins admitted several times during the interview he has an ax to grind. Who knows for what.

The real question is how slow a NFL news week is it when national shows can find nothing better to talk about than the Redskins owner on a bye week.

Posted by: dbrine1261 | November 5, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Blache stated the problem right there:

"I work with him" Well, guess what? He's THE OWNER. You don't work with him. You work FOR him.

And that's the problem. No definition of roles. No separation of duties. No understanding of assignments.

No accountability. No vision.

...No hope.

Posted by: DikShuttle | November 5, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Jeebus Chrysanthemum.

When do pitchers and catchers report?

Posted by: 4-12 | November 5, 2009 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Snyder is not helping himself with this. I work in marketing and PR. The best thing he could do is start talking to the media, put the blame on his own shoulders, and start taking action to correct the mistakes and create good will with the fans.

Having your minions come out and defend you makes you look even worse. When your players get defensive and point the finger at fans, that indicates the attitude within the walls of the organization. It all looks bad on Snyder, right or wrong.

I don't buy that Blache did this unsolicited. If I were their PR director, I would implore Blache, the players, and the other coaches not to do this type of thing. It is plain stupid and anything they say will, by default, make things appear staged. The only person who can make this better is Snyder himself. Continuing to hide only makes the problem worse. He needs to address it himself and start talking.

Posted by: paulb3rd | November 5, 2009 1:49 PM | Report abuse

lgb, you should direct your anger at howard, and not me.....on that note, I think he struck out again....I mean, could he have picked a bigger stage to absolutely SUCK on???

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 5, 2009 1:51 PM | Report abuse

The real audience for Blache's comments is ... the team.

Not the media, not Snyder, not the fans.

The team needs to find inspiration somewhere ... having a guy stand up and defend leadership the way Blache did is a guy that you play hard for.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 5, 2009 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Of course, nobody wants to touch the Ban On Signs and Tee Shirts with a ten foot pole.

I guess Blatche agrees with this policy, by omission.

Blatche wasn't here when Snyder dissed Brian Mitchell and Brad Johnson and brought in Deionne Sanders and Geoff George, either.

Or when he turned Redskins Field into FedEx Field.

We have our reasons, Blatche has his.

And we'll be here long after Blatche is gone.

Posted by: Thinker_ | November 5, 2009 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Whahahahahahah!!! What a forking load of BS.

Blanche finally breaks his mysterious silence to defend the silence of the Little Danny -- aka the guy who signs his paycheck?

What next? Perhap an equally impassioned defense of Vinny Bug-eyes for all of the wonderful things he has done in the name of D-Bag Dan?

Posted by: Vic1 | November 5, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

"There's nobody that cares more about the fans than Dan Snyder..." - Greg Blache

This line actually made me chuckle.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | November 5, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

paulb3rd, sounds right to me. The football marketing equivalent of political meltdowns, where covering up always has worse results than the quick exposure of the covered up (see Watergate, Monica Lewinsky, etc. ... admit to (or don't deny) wearing a diaper, and you're in the clear). Fess up, admit it, take the blame, try to do something to fix it, then move on.

Posted by: dcsween | November 5, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Okay, so now we have the Executive Assistant Head Coach-Defensive Operations speaking on behalf of the owner. Super frickin' duper.

Jiminy Christmas, I'll believe anything out of Ashburn at this point...

Seriously, I'd believe anything, except for any indication that fundamental changes are afoot that will transform this shabingus into a functioning NFL franchise, one worthy of respect around the league, let alone the love and pride we fans invest in it. That I'd have trouble believing.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 5, 2009 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: paulb3rd | November 5, 2009 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Snyder doesn't owe any more of an apology than the one that is already given.

All he has to do now is start taking action to make things right.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | November 5, 2009 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Blache is a standup guy. He quit talking to the media because it was killing him to have to stand and answer their leading questions without blowing his stack and lighting one of them up. He is a football coach, not a PR kind of guy. Perhaps PR skills are required for Coordinator and above level positions. In any event, he doesn't have them; he wears it on his sleeve way too much and the man has zero teflon. The muck sticks to his soul and it tears him up inside. He had already gone nuts talking to Madich, and was getting closer and closer to completely melting down on camera. I give him credit for recognizing his problem and doing something to fix it...

I take his words today at face value and believe they are nothing other than complete truth as viewed by him. It was quite clear he disagrees with a LOT of what has occurred with football related decisions... but he saw that Riggo's comments were over the top and beyond the pale. I agree with him, they were.

However, the only common denominator in 10 years of mediocrity is Snyder's ownership. I define mediocrity as forever being 2 or 3 games either side of .500. Good enough to not make wholesale changes, bad enough to never really contend for a Championship.

The ball is in your court Dan. You really wanna win??? This fan is prepared to ride out the bad times, as long as they are on the road to the very good.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | November 5, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Ryan Howard is the new Alex Rodriguez....

How bad was that 0-2 pitch that Pedro threw to Matsui for the double off the wall? Got the guy down 0-2, hes been on fire, and you throw the next pitch up in his wheelhouse. Retire Pedro.

Posted by: Rypien11 | November 5, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

This line actually made me chuckle.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | November 5, 2009 1:55 PM

I had the kind of response I get after a visit to the Chuckle Hut and ingesting some chuckle.

Posted by: dcsween | November 5, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse

"Blache speaks 'from the heart' in Snyder's defense"

Wow!

That's brave.

I'm gonna stand up in support of the dude who signs his name on my million dollar a year check.

That's about as bold as predicting the sun will rise tomorrow.

Blache will show his courage next by strapping on a parachuute and jumping off a chair in his living room.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 5, 2009 2:05 PM | Report abuse

Nate, I noticed you used italics ... you got some periculum leaking out there.

Posted by: dcsween | November 5, 2009 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Blache defending Snyder is no different than Zorn's friends (Largent, Holmgren) coming to his defense.

As for Riggins, he's not helping the cause by creating a situation where people may actually start to feel sorry for Snyder.

The "his heart is dark" comment was ridiculously melodramatic. Yeah, the guy is a fool when it comes to running this franchise, but to suggest he's actually evil says a lot more about Riggins current state of mind than it does anything else.

I loved #44 as a player, but as is sometimes the case, great players can turn out to be downright weird personalities. In Riggins case, he's passed the charmingly eccentric mode and is now at the point where he just comes across as old and bitter about everything.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | November 5, 2009 2:07 PM | Report abuse

"He's here for the people, for the fans, for the Washington Redskins. There's nobody that cares more about the fans than Dan Snyder."

Boy, he has a weird way of showing it...nothing like suing season ticket holders to let them know that you love them, right Greg?

Posted by: Moose33 | November 5, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

So, I'm wondering, who is it that cares the most about the fans? Is it Sally Jenkins? John Riggins? brownwood? Sonny Jorgenson? Jimmy Carter?

This is a tough one.

Posted by: League-Source | November 5, 2009 2:10 PM | Report abuse

That boy Blatche...ain't no dummy...he knows who signs his checks......

Posted by: FletcherChristian1 | November 5, 2009 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Sherm Lewis' only connnection to Washington is through his long time pal, Greg Blache.

Posted by: dcsween | November 5, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

"..Retire Pedro.."

Petey Martinez should learn the knuckle-ball.

A knuckle-ball complements his 88 mph fastball and curve quite well.

He'd have a nice end of the career boost as a Little League reliever if he did that.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 5, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Snyder has a black heart and Riggo has a black liver.

Posted by: Original_etrod | November 5, 2009 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Moose33 | November 5, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

you're right Moose, Snyder should have just forgiven people's debts and taken the $10,000 loss.

After all contracts really don't mean anything right?

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | November 5, 2009 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 5, 2009 1:51 PM |

$#%&*@!

Posted by: LittleGreenBag | November 5, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

After all contracts really don't mean anything right?

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | November 5, 2009 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Except that he didn't actually take a loss. He resold the tickets so he made twice as much.

It actually makes good business sense, following this model, for season ticket holders to default on their tickets.

It's just like "The Producers!"

Posted by: Original_etrod | November 5, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Loosen up, Blachey, baby...

Posted by: JohnnyRyde | November 5, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

"Jeebus Chrysanthemum"
"Jiminy Christmas"

Joba Chamberlain
Jamaal Charles
Jesse Chatman
Julia Childs.

SJK...

Posted by: 4-12 | November 5, 2009 2:19 PM | Report abuse

4-12

"When do pitchers and catchers report?"

We've already sparked the Hot Stove League fires, sir.

Some team in Boston will make a serious run after a certain pitcher in Toronto.

The other baseball team in New York will join in that race for the Toronto pitcher.

There's more to say, but hey: it's football time all the time.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 5, 2009 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Please...You all have become delesuional....

To think there is not one ounce of truth in Blache's words makes all of you the ones with the dark hearts.

John Riggins gave you guys blood because he knew he could capitalize for HIMSELF on this situation by piling on on giving the crowd what they wanted. As it has been throughout history.

You jokers fell for it. Now...Come back to your senses and realize the truth is that 3rd wall and accept it. Or go find another team....

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 5, 2009 2:20 PM | Report abuse

LGB, there is a huge Phillies fan in my office. All three of us know that Howard sucked balls in the Series. Monumental tank job. It was a good year for the Phils, but Howard slumped at the absolute worst possible time, and Petey couldn't ever get Matsui out. Howard couldn't hit 3 guys who were all pitching on 3 days rest in succession. Thats all it took for the Yanks to get the win.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | November 5, 2009 2:21 PM | Report abuse

I would actually listen to criticisms of the Redskins if they came from legitimate sources, unfortunately Riggins is an old cranky blowhard....even JB made fun of him at the end of the interview, saying "next segment try being more candid and lighten up a little" or something to that effect. Is Riggo the next Schilling (i.e. person who opens his mouth and gives outrageous opinions, thinks he's intelligent, but in fact just annoys everyone?)

Posted by: mattylight | November 5, 2009 2:22 PM | Report abuse

total and Final.......

Posted by: OriginalOldschool | November 5, 2009 2:22 PM | Report abuse

People trashing Ryan Howard for the 6 games they actually watched are misinformed. The Phillies lost because of starting pitching. Howard had 17 RBI's in the playoffs and was clutch in both the Colorado and Dodgers series. He never hits left handed pitching. The Yankees did their job and won the series. No surprise a Red Sox fan acts like a know it all. The same guy who complains about the Pats fans. Pot kettle and so on.

Posted by: ToddStinkston | November 5, 2009 2:22 PM | Report abuse

If Snyder wants to win so bad, why doesn't he do what everyone knows is required to win:

Fire Vinny; hire a real GM; draft linemen; and butt the F out of football decisions.

Problem solved.

Posted by: Salinas1 | November 5, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse

F baseball.

Posted by: Original_etrod | November 5, 2009 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Its about time someone spoke up who knew something. Honestly, Snyder's biggest problem is his decision not to defend himself. There are two sides to every story, and now we've heard the other side.

Lets stop complaining and whining and hope this team can make a turnaround.

Posted by: jesstyr | November 5, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

This is a tough one.

Posted by: League-Source | November 5, 2009 2:10 PM

None of the above. Their just trying to maintain a job. Like everyone else who doesn't own their own business.

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 5, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

moe,

1. Trade for Adrian Gonzales
2. Resign Bay

Thats my starting points...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 5, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 5, 2009 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Ahh here we go again...

Posted by: mattylight | November 5, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

HEY BLACHE, I heard Danny Boy needs his shoes tied, his butt wiped, and drool taken care of his face and while you're at it he needs you to doggone hold his hand when you both cross the dang street. LMFAO!

shut up Blache! and concentrate on this Sunday's game so that Atlant doesn't hang 30+ points on the deadskins while the offense try to figure out what the end zone looks like. because it appears the defense needs to score, because offense doesn't exist.

Posted by: alucard1 | November 5, 2009 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Lets stop complaining and whining and hope this team can make a turnaround.

Posted by: jesstyr | November 5, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse
---------------

What other side did we hear? That Snyder is generous with his money? So what? That obviously doesn't win championships. No one has come out and rebutted the claim that Snyder meddles in football affairs. As long as he meddles, this team will continue to lose. End of story.

Posted by: Salinas1 | November 5, 2009 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Look.....This is as easy as math...

You win....Everyone is happy

You lose....Everyone is mad

At the end of the day....The owner won't change...

But you gotta admit, Riggo hit below the belt. If you can't admit that, then your dark heart is showing. The Riggo gag has grown too old.

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 5, 2009 2:29 PM | Report abuse

first to say beep beep

Posted by: sjw1 | November 5, 2009 2:30 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 5, 2009 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Snyder lacks management knowledge and particularly SPORTS management knowledge.

He made some bucks in the internet marketing bubble but that does not mean he is a competent manager. He is a college dropout who probably would benefit from some college, maybe an MBA, or at least some real life business management experience. Things like how to structure a management chain, alignment of organizational duties, and public relations just escape him.

All that said, he is not "evil" by any stretch. I've always loved ya, Riggo, but you need to shut the he11 up here.

Posted by: jksesq1 | November 5, 2009 2:32 PM | Report abuse

sheep sheep

Posted by: dcsween | November 5, 2009 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Riggo is a drunken idiot. All he's done is succeeded in creating sympathy for a tyrant. That's all he did. Who cares about the color of Snyder's heart? All criticism should be limited to his performance as an owner. There's enough evidence of incompetence and crass disregard for the fan in there without resorting to personal attacks.

I realize calling Riggo a drunk is a personal attack. But that's a well documented fact :)

Posted by: tundey | November 5, 2009 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Typical Blache defensive tactics. He's played it soft all this time and now he's trying to make a tough goal line stand at the last minute.

Posted by: skinssox01 | November 5, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse

You know John Riggins has more HEART and WILL than all the Coaches & Personel that Snyder has pulled together over the years combined. RIGGINS! turned this franchise into SUPER BOWL WINNERS!!! NOW he is trying to get a PULSE out at REDSKIN PARK!!! I dare any one at Redskin park to put the Franchise on its shoulders like RIGGO!! They all hide and collect the money and take take take. Step up and take responsibility make something positive happen!

Posted by: LongTimeSkinsFan | November 5, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Blache doesn't even have the decency to talk to the press once a week so the fans might know what he's doing/thinking, so why should we listen to him now? Fact is, most "bad guys" are good to the people close to them. Even the most evil people like Hitler & Amin will do that some of the time. Snyder is squeezing every possible penny out of his fan base he "loves" so much, while operating the franchise in an amateurish manner.

Posted by: shanks1 | November 5, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Coach Blatche -

The problem is we the people the fans of the Washington Redskins really do know Dan "the three things most dear to me is Me, Money, & Me". he shows it in every thing he does.

Where has been the compassion for the fans in hard financial times HE SUES.

Where has been the understanding when the fans want to show how they feel, He bans all but the comapany endorsed signs.

Where has the outrage of the selling of premium lower bowl seating to ticket brokers, There really is no outrage or show of accountability.

Where is, Where is, Where is Oh Danny Boy when he is needed? To give the fans a show of accountability on his part. He is now where to be found for all intents & purposes.

As stated earler, all Dan Snyder cares about is Dan Snyder, Dan Snyder's Money and Dan Snyder in that order. Everything else comes in a very distant 4th which by the way is started off with Dan Snyder.

Posted by: rillbizi | November 5, 2009 2:38 PM | Report abuse

First of all, Blache has about as much credibility as Cerrato does right now. He has an underperforming defense that chooses to sit back rather than attack, he went into hiding because he didn't want to talk to the press anymore --- this whole nonsense about Portis and Blache suddenly speaking up for Snyder is about one thing -- both those idiots are vastly overpaid and they're scratching Danny's back in return.

Posted by: cstanton1 | November 5, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

BeantownGreg1: Getting A-Gon would be a huge lift to the line-up, but do you then let Papi go, move Lowell to DH & Youk to 3rd? And who do you give up to get A-Gon? Clay?

Posted by: skinssox01 | November 5, 2009 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinssox01 | November 5, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse

ROFL!

Posted by: cstanton1 | November 5, 2009 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Damn REdskins toughen up and be men about your business.

These guys biggest opponent is never the competiton! these guys want to win the media attention award. Whatever happened to sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me. these guys patrol what the media says more than the housewives of Orange county-NJ-ATL, etc. it's really serious be-otch stuff to me now.

Posted by: oknow1 | November 5, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

so the Danny is a prince to the common folk. that surely explains the o-line, the overwhelmed h/c, and the lawsuits

Posted by: mdrockjock | November 5, 2009 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Riggo was speaking as a fan of the team. His frustration is evident. I applaud him for saying what he said, even if it was a bit over the top. I agree with the assessment that Snyder does want to win. I think he is unfortunately the victim of putting to much trust and authority into the hands of the true demon - Vinny Cerrato. I hope that he realizes soon that he needs to purge himself from this abomination and hire a REAL football guy to run the team. There is no excuse whatsoever to have not upgraded the offensive line. This is football 101. You can't throw or run if you can't block. I think Zorn is a good man in a toilet of a situation and I hope some day that Snyder feels shame for what he has done to the man. He needs to either take the handcuffs off JZ, or cut him free. It's the right thing to do.

Posted by: ralston21 | November 5, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

All of you Riggin's haters should be ashamed. Snyder's heart isn't red nor black, it is GREEN. The guy doesn't get it and appears unwilling or unable to do so. He will sue you and sell your children if it meant more money for him. Riggins may be an old, eccentric, liverless, ex-player, but sometimes the truth hurts.

Blache talks about old Redskin players coming back. Well hardly any old players come back because Dan has destroyed the character of the franchise. It is not so much heart as in a lack of soul.....

Posted by: duh2mag | November 5, 2009 2:59 PM | Report abuse

You say that we don’t get to know him like you (the Redskins employees) do. Unfortunately we do. Only thing is it is about 99.99999999% negative. What has Mr. Daddy Warbucks done to either to change his image. Nothing unless you consider more of the same negative things that got him in the position he currently in.
If there were only a handful of incidents like being reported by fans out of many hundreds that are showing up whether in print or over the airwaves you might have a point. But what kind of person/organization “bans” free speech in the city of the country which has freedom of speech as its First Amendment to its Constitution.
No sir coach, you along with most of the others at Redskins Park must have on rose colored glasses.
He wants to win. And he is in the best way possible for him. He needs an 18-wheeler to haul off his victories each game day to the bank. No coach we the true Redskin Nation knows all to well the person they know as the owner.
Just as you just did, we feel that this was something you and the rest of the football world needed to know

Posted by: rillbizi | November 5, 2009 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Riggins is pissed because when he had the radio show working on Snyder's station he was living in New York. He was then told to move down to the DC area to do the show and when he did he was let go. Wouldn't you be pissed?

I don't understand how anyone could feel sympathy for Snyder after hearing what Riggins said. It's his own opinion. Much worse has been said.

Blache says Snyder is his friend but who calls their friend Mr. Snyder? You are in charge of the only bright spot on the team (defense) and you can't handle media questions? Grow a pair.

Posted by: bigtom34 | November 5, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Of course Blache defends Snyder....doesn't Snyder sign his checks??...I think so!! What a joke!! Blache is a joke and a cry baby for not talking to the media any more because he can't take the heat!!! Instead of worrying about Riggins he should be worrying about trying to shut down the Falcons!!! I am a die hard Skins fan and always will be but my frustration with this team is at an all time high!!!!! Time for coaches to shut up and get the players to respond to them!!!!!

Posted by: jcrabbe1 | November 5, 2009 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Really are these guys gay or what?

I have brothers and buddies i've ben friends with since I was 4 or 5 years old. other buddies from high school and college. I'm in my 40s now. Do you know how much you would have to say about them before I would go out my way to respond to your words! My firends are men and they can speak for themselves. Be a man and let Snyder be a ph*cking man!

this entire organization is just a bunch of puppets. Crazy riggins is right. A crazy clown can see things us normal folks can't. Snyder is demented in the fact he surrounds himself with people like this.

What's this BS with grown men referring to Dan Snyder as Mr. Snyder.

Posted by: oknow1 | November 5, 2009 3:06 PM | Report abuse

IF Danny Boy is here for the fans and does everything for the fans. Then why does he constantly screw us with over priced tickets, charge us for parking, make us pay for training camp. Thanks for watching out for us Dan! You ASS!!

Posted by: cromag23 | November 5, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Quote from Bill Belichick:

How does Snyder get by with openly cheating his fan base?

Posted by: rillbizi | November 5, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Greg, Greg, Greg. Greg Baby. I think I speak on behalf of all fans when I say we appreciate the great job you have done, your personal relationship with Dan Snyder, and your defense of your friend. That all said, I think we as outsiders can make a fair judgment of Dan Snyder based on his behavior: things he has done and things he has not done. I will not recite all of his crimes against Redskins fans and his laughable football decisions here because they are well understood and very well documented. The only problem that I had with John Riggins' assertions was that they were not strong enough. At a minimum, Dan Snyder is a public relations disaster, his every move seemingly intended to violate common sense and show his disgust for his loyal fans. In short, he is a piece of garbage. The frustrating thing for us fans is that we are powerless to clean it up.

This is not about wins and losses, although the team's performance is salt in a festering wound. It is about the total disaster that is Dan Snyder and his destruction of one of the greatest traditions in the history of team sports.

Posted by: MrNonCents | November 5, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe I'm saying this as much as I detest Snyder's stewardship of our team, but Riggo went too far. To be sure, Snyder has created some cringe-worthy moments related to the business of football (i.e. suing fans, banning signs, meddling, vanilla ice cream, how he fired Norv, "We play physical and we win"). However, the rare glimpses we have into him personally indicate a compassionate person, i.e. his treatment of Joe Gibb's grandson's illness, his extremely classy handling of Sean Taylor's murder and the aftermath, and even his reaching out to Marty Schottenheimer afterwards.

To say he sucks as an owner is inbounds...saying someone we don't know is a black-hearted person is not.

Posted by: DocHolliday1906 | November 5, 2009 3:11 PM | Report abuse

I won't say where I think your nose is Greg, but if Snyder breaks wind, you may get a sinus infection.

Posted by: MrMerkin | November 5, 2009 3:14 PM | Report abuse

I sincerely think that my self and most Washington Redskins fans agree 100% with John Riggins comments. Blatche is just another tool who works for Snyder is to stuck up and conceded to talk to the media until now. I liked it alot better when he kept his mouth shut. And how dare he insult a true proven NFL hall of famer like Riggins.

Posted by: STEVE1982 | November 5, 2009 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Insulting the intelligence of Redskin nation. Give me a break. We have a Hitler owner who can care less about the fans or their experience at the venue. Everyone knows that he wants to win but making money is more important and let's take from the poor and give to my rich friends ($400 bottle of wine).

Posted by: mofares | November 5, 2009 3:21 PM | Report abuse

The fans will come around again, will empty their pockets and everything will go abck to normal.
You need the Redskins in your life as much as a fat kid loves cake.

You will come around this is temporary , if not I hope he takes the team somewhere else.
I agreed with Mr. Snyder, Cerrato, Donovan and most Players that the Media is to blame and the fans mostly.

Posted by: Incognito00 | November 5, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Everyone saying negative things about Greg Blache really should back off... He's a great guy and he has done a great job coaching the defense. Also, he should be admired for publicly supporting his friend. Greg Blache is a gem and we should be grateful at least for him.

Doc,

Hitler was a skilled and sensitive artist and without question did kind, charitable acts for those close to him. This does not cancel out or in any way mitigate his evil. I think it is wrong of you to gloss over those fan-unfriendly Snyder acts and his 10 years of complete arrogance and defiance of conventional NFL wisdom. Sure, he has done nice things. That doesn't change the fact that he has done some decidedly not nice things to literally millions of individuals, all of whom only want to love him and give him lots of money.

Thank goodness for John Riggins who has the clout to be our voice and to speak the truth.

Posted by: MrNonCents | November 5, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Quote from Bill Belichick:

How does Snyder get by with openly cheating his fan base?

Posted by: rillbizi | November 5, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Sounds like Coach Blatche has been sippin' from the communal kool-aid madie by Snyder

Posted by: rillbizi | November 5, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Interesting...that this spirited defense of the owner comes from the team's defensive coordinator, when ordinarilly it would -- and should -- come from the head coach.

Zorn's silence speaks volumes. And now that we've heard from the defensive coordinator about how wonderful Dan Snyder is, perhaps we could hit Jim Zorn with a truth ray and ask him how really feels about Snyder's decision to emasculate and nationally humiliate him by stripping him of his play-calling duties?

Posted by: Gladiator2008 | November 5, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

I believe Greg Blache spoke from his heart as he sees things, but that does not mean I am necessarily going to agree with it.

I don't know how dark Snyder's heart is and perhaps it is not for me to say, but the way he has treated people in the last 10 years speaks to some lack of respect for others on his part.

Besides the character issue, Snyder has not shown much competence in managing a football organization. He does not seem to realize that the way his organization is run and the way it does things keeps his team from being successful. That is why no head coach has been fully successful here.

Posted by: cannontl | November 5, 2009 3:30 PM | Report abuse

I salute you Greg Blache for standing tall and telling it like it is. Its so easy to be negative and unfeeling and let's face it, the world is running over with it! Meaningless Dribble from a supposedly "Professional" athlete is easy disposed of!

Posted by: ronwiley46 | November 5, 2009 3:38 PM | Report abuse

We don't doubt that Snyder means well, we doubt the people that he surrounds himself with. The fact that he doesn't bring a GM to run this team is outrages and the very cause of the problems we've been facing. He wants our forgiveness? don't only take the play calling duties from Zorn, fire "Vinny the clown" who put this pathetic team together and put us all to shame.

Posted by: ibenbassat | November 5, 2009 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Amazing! Blache breaks his media silence -- not to defend Zorn. Nope, can't do that. And he doesn't do it to defend his players from criticism. Nope, can't do that.

But -- oh no! -- someone dared to criticize little Danny! Heavens! I think I'm going to faint!

Posted by: diesel_skins_ | November 5, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Blache is still owes Snyder for kicking out Greg Williams so he could run the roost.
F Snyder, F Blache(and play Orakpo at End more you Jack Arse)

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | November 5, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

"He's here for the people, for the fans, for the Washington Redskins. There's nobody that cares more about the fans than Dan Snyder, there's nobody who wants to win here more than Dan Snyder."

That's right! Nobody cares more about the fans than Dan Snyder! I can tell by the way he sues us and screws us.

Posted by: diesel_skins_ | November 5, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

I'll say this for Blache, kudos for following your conscience and speaking your mind and presenting another side that he believes people may not see.

And that is all I will say about that on this post.

Posted by: walkdwalk | November 5, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Speaking from the heart or pfrapping out of his arse? Sounds like more of the latter...

Posted by: Vic1 | November 5, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

John Riggin's comment about Snyder having a "dark heart" is below the belt. As hard as it is for me to say this about someone who was a hero of mine growing up, I can't help but think there's some underlying vibe of anti-semitism in Riggins' comments. Snyder's biggest fault is his misplaced belief and unwavering backing of Vinny Cerrato. That doesn't make him a "dark heart" - if anything it makes him a good friend to a fault. These images of Riigins taping rants of himself in the woods with his deep southern drawel remind me of nothing more than an uneducated Jerry Springer type and, even scarier, a lynch mob leader.

Posted by: ebberger | November 5, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Look we are talking about football here, we are talking about the way this organization is run to satisfy one person's ego. From football and fan perspective, Mr. Snyder is a despicable scum. As simple as that.

Posted by: redskinfan4life1 | November 5, 2009 4:06 PM | Report abuse

ebberger!! Are you serious? I certainly hope not. First, I am a Jew and pretty personally offended that you, not John Riggins, played the anti-semitism card. Snyder is open to John Riggins' criticism not because he's a Jew, but because he's a horrible owner. As for his "friendship" with Vinny: are you naive enough to think that friendship has anything to do with the Snyder/Cerrato relationship? I guess that was a rhetorical question, because apparently you are. Snyder is all business, all the time. If Cerrato was not meeting his needs, he'd be gone, friendship or not...and that is as it should be.

Riggins is controversial, for sure...but please be careful about playing fast and loose with the anti-semitism card. It's just silly. I'd be happy to take up arms right next to you where anti-semitism really exists but that was out of line.

Posted by: MrNonCents | November 5, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

I totally agree with Blache...... how dare John Riggins make such a false statement.....how dare John Riggins forget to add BLACHE to that list of PUPPETS...... Snyder cares so much about the fans that he does not address them, sues them, censors them, and goes against conventional wisdom about HIRING A CAPABLE GM to make football decisions and then GET OUT OF THE WAY... SNYDER do us all a favor and do as the bear does in winter....go into hibernation.....

Posted by: iatepastehotmailcom | November 5, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Unbelievable, so Blache is talking this week. Is Danny visiting the hospice this week? Will Blache be talking next week? If Danny doesn't visit will Jerry Gray be talking?

Riggins' comments are not OK but Sonny's are OK? If the Skins win will Blache be talking? Let's face it 3/4 of the people on here could call the defense. Still, Dan cares about the team, the fans.

Dan ran Double G out of town but at least Single G is OK - Good lord

Posted by: crimson999 | November 5, 2009 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Mr. Noncents, It's easy to jump on the bandwagon that Snyder is a terrible human being. I don't buy it. I agree he's making terrible decisions as an owner, but I don't think you know him well enough as a person to agree with Riggins' comments that he has a "dark heart". I don't know Snyder either, but when Riggins makes a comment like that he's going way beyond football. I guarantee Snyder has done a lot more good than evil in his lifetime and for this community and while we deserve better from him, he also deserves better from fans than stooping to the level that "loyal" Skins fans have. I'm a fan of this organization in good times and bad. I'm also pretty sure Snyder does and gives more in terms of charity than 99% of society. Is that someone with a "dark heart". I don't think so, and I can only think Riggins would think so because he has pre-conceived notion of people of Snyder's means and religious persuasion. I'm not playing a card at all, believe me it's not how I want to portray an idol of mine growing up. But that's how Riggins comes accross to me with his rants.

Posted by: ebberger | November 5, 2009 4:30 PM | Report abuse

I can give or take much of what Blache states... but this is total BS -

"There's nobody that cares more about the fans than Dan Snyder, ..."

WHAT A CROCK OF SH!T !!!!!

Posted by: oldnova | November 5, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

I will say it again, FIRE VINNY and get a real GENERAL MANAGER and all will be forgiven! I do not think that Dan is a bad guy,but he needs someone to come in here and kick the cry babies to the curb and get some players that will play for the love of the game and not for Dan Snyders millions!Stop with the west coast offense allready! It will not work in the NFC east!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | November 5, 2009 4:39 PM | Report abuse

BTW DALLAS SUCKS!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | November 5, 2009 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Breaking News!

Snyder comes forth in a televised press conference and reveals he is in fact..Batman!!

Posted by: ga8085 | November 5, 2009 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | November 5, 2009 4:39 PM | Report abuse
------------------

The Eagles run a west coast offense. I agree with everything else you said tho.

Posted by: walkdwalk | November 5, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

If Snyder cares about the fans, why did he sue them?

Why does he restrict their freedom of expression?

Why does he provide one of the worst game day experiences in all of sports?

I read something about Snyder having thyroid cancer, which leads to wild mood swings, so maybe that's the reason we hear about so many different versions regarding Snyder's character.

I say F- his character. Act like a dick all you want, Snyder, just bring in someone who knows football to run this team. That's all we care about. No fan cares about revenues or profits or merchandising agreements.

We, the fans, WE ARE THE ONES WHO ONLY CARE ABOUT WINNING!

So, Mr. Snyder and those who you troll out to speak for you, do NOT, EVER, try to compare yourself to us, the real fans, and say that you only care about winning.

Posted by: jgarrisn | November 5, 2009 4:59 PM | Report abuse

REDSKINS FANS YOU ARE PATHETIC!!!!

To defend Snyder over Riggins comments is pure cowardice. If you felt the organization was crap for the past 7 weeks, now you feel riggins went to far by saying the man has a dark heart. Did he call him the devil or something? Stop acting like a bunch of *itches for once.

Snyder is a horrible owner/manager/leader. His business model for making money is thriving. His model for running the team is deplorable!!!!!!

Posted by: oknow1 | November 5, 2009 5:27 PM | Report abuse

If I had billions of dollars, I would give to charity too... It's called a TAX WRITE OFF!!!!!

Posted by: tony325 | November 5, 2009 5:41 PM | Report abuse

I had a real bad feeling when Blache was ALREADY appointed as Defensive Co-ord PRIOR to the "release/non apointment/firing" of Gregg Williams.

SO THIS GUY forms the 3rd point of the Devil's Triange

Get used to it Snyder (owner) Cerrato (GM) Blache (Head Coach)

WHAT A SLIME BALL

I remember Gregg Williams being totally shocked that his "friend" went behind his back and took his job before even talking to Williams

IT IS GOING TO GET WORSE

here is a clue, Why do you think Blache got the #1 Pick for Orakpo on DEFENSE....when the O-Line was the genuine need

looks like Blache has been working like a THEIF IN THE NIGHT behind thye scenes

ANOTHER "YES MAN" for Danny !!!!!!!

Blache is a CREEP !!!!

Posted by: tele1 | November 5, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

We've heard from Vinny, the Danny, Clinton Portis, and now Blache. Well, I guess if your team gets beat by the likes of the Detroit Lions and the Kansas City Chiefs, you've got nothing more to lose by running your mouth.

Posted by: Bob22003 | November 5, 2009 6:10 PM | Report abuse

Dan Snyder should speak for himself and not have a paid employee do it for him if he wants the statements to have any credibility. Snyder cares about making $$$ and feeding his ego. Therefore the fans, as well as the coaches and players are strictly means to those ends. His gigantic ego has blinded him to his inability to create and manage a football team. Unfortunately, he is unwilling to recognize and admit what he does not know, and that is at the heart of the problem. He has the $$$ to have a successful team, he just doe not have the heart or the humility to make it happen.

Posted by: publicservice2 | November 5, 2009 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Riggins was totally out of line in his accusatory remarks and without any foundations to back it up. He sounded like the morons on the blogs.

Blache, which I have criticized for other things, has my admiration for standing up and correcting the wrong.

Bloggers here are just simply ignorant and they can be forgiven for that, they are frustrated with their favorite team but they are taking it out on the wrong person.

Riggins and the so called media have no excuses for their stupidity.

Posted by: hock1 | November 5, 2009 6:14 PM | Report abuse

Riggins and the so called media have no excuses for their stupidity.

Posted by: hock1 | November 5, 2009 6:14 PM | Report abuse

Hard to believe this organization will ever win under Snyder. If he really wants to win you'd think he'd come to his senses and simply hire a top GM candidate and let him do his job. Maybe its bad karma for desecrating a sacred religious symbol by dancing around with the Native American head dress and for trotting around the insanely racist team name.

Posted by: ParticipatoryDemocracyNow | November 5, 2009 6:15 PM | Report abuse

These comments make Mr. Blache "feel like a man"? Yet, Mr. Blache chose to turnover over his press conference duties to another, and go into hiding--he did not "stand up" and chose not speak, much like his employer.

Posted by: ML100 | November 5, 2009 6:24 PM | Report abuse

FIRE VINNY !!! and Blache. Once again he tries having it both ways, I won't talk because of the critisism of my crappy defensive play calling, but I'll speak when I know no one can say anything bad about me. Of course he loves the dictater snyder he's another overpaid do nothing

Posted by: Mark99 | November 5, 2009 6:27 PM | Report abuse

All Snyder cares about is his money. This team has gone in the shi*tter since he bought this team. Call it the "Snyder curse"

Posted by: FedUp8 | November 5, 2009 6:29 PM | Report abuse

No one is mad that the FIRST thing Blache did this morning was check out PFT a BLOG???

Can't blame the defense in Washington, but I wonder if PFT had tips on how to play Orakpo, or get some turnovers.

Thanks Greg

Posted by: MadeRED | November 5, 2009 6:30 PM | Report abuse

hock1 "the bloggers here are simply ignorant and they can be forgiven for that." With that kind of condescending, obnoxious comment you must be a relative of Snyder's if not the man himself. And since that is the accident of birth, I guess YOU can be forgiven for that, jackass.

Posted by: publicservice2 | November 5, 2009 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Riggo was right. No matter what Snyder says or does, he doesn't want to win bad enough to put the team in the hands of competent management. This makes Snyder a fraud -- and inside every fraud lurks a dark heart.

Posted by: chris_zz | November 5, 2009 7:14 PM | Report abuse

I don't care what blache said about riggins to defend snyder he is just getting paid the fact is the team is horrible snyder is a horrible owner the gm is terrible and blache is not a good coach his defense can't stop the run does not force turnover's and much of the secondary can't tackle or cover. he will say anything to continue getting paid the same as portis etc. as for the phillies they lost the series because 2 pitchers hamels and lidge had horrible years. lidge has blown saves and makes stupid throwing errors and is a real head-case and has no other baseball skills(holding on runners,fielding his position etc.)hamels had a bad year period,the 2nd best pitcher on the team happ was jerked around taking him out of the starting rotation and leaving the 5th best pitcher in (hamels) lidge screwed up the back end of the bullpen ALL YEAR and people had to try to take up his spot because he could not perform and that threw everyones timing, and roles out of sync. If howard and werth did not hit in the nlds and nlcs phillies would not have made it to the series. yes howard had a bad series but he is not the main reason they lost. he had another fine season..check out the stats of lidge and hamels for the season they were pathetic.

Posted by: wathu19 | November 5, 2009 7:17 PM | Report abuse

Nothing Blatche says hints that Danny Boy knows anything about football. That's because Danny doesn't!

Posted by: hometownhopeful | November 5, 2009 8:21 PM | Report abuse

The Eagles run the west coast offense.OK how many superbowls have they won with it? FIRE VINNY.He is not a GM! He is the vice pres. of football operations! He just wishes he was a GM!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | November 5, 2009 8:47 PM | Report abuse

Blache must be hunkering for a new shotgun this Christmas, personally delivered by no other than old Snyda Clause himself. How sweet.
Much better than the “LUMP OF COAL” the fans are getting!

Posted by: gregbedrosian | November 5, 2009 8:50 PM | Report abuse

Somebody check Blache's gun rack, bet he has a new shotgun. Really now, this is a guy who agreed to take his bosses job BEFORE they fired him (and after Williams' 11 hour interview for head coach). He's a SnyderMan to the core. Riggo is right about Snyder although his nomenclature is too simplistic. I think the correct term is sociopath. Having worked for one for several years the signs are pretty clear. Degrade and humiliate anyone who displeases your or fails to recognize your greatness. Yes, they can be charming and compassionate on the surface but eventually the mean streak overcomes the positive. Rule by fear and intimidation, never admit error or weakness. Is anything more revealing than a short, nerdy guy who never excelled in sports going into a locker room of pro atheletes and glaring at them after a loss because he pays their salary? Takes a big time ego to pull that off as well as a total lack of awareness.

Posted by: SackMan | November 5, 2009 8:57 PM | Report abuse

Translation: When my good friend and boss is looking for his next head coach, I think I'm the man for the job...

Posted by: randysbailin | November 5, 2009 9:12 PM | Report abuse

As much as a lot of us love Riggins and his antics, his comments were a bit over the top. Riggo's been watching too much Oprah. I've never heard a sports owner referred to as having a "dark heart". Jack Kent Cooke was an outstanding owner, but he wasn't exactly Mother Teresa.

Posted by: randysbailin | November 5, 2009 9:24 PM | Report abuse

ebberger. All great points....I'll concede you every one. That said, why do I care? What's at issue here is Snyder's relationship with his fans. Other relationships he has, however charitable and compassionate, are irrelevant. As fans, it is entirely fair to judge him on his actions that affect us, and on that score, Riggins is entirely right. Snyder is bad for the Redskins and very bad for fans, himself included. If her were a true fan, he's sell the team.

Posted by: MrNonCents | November 5, 2009 10:11 PM | Report abuse

Ok, I just had to endure Larry "Skirt" Michael lob softballs to Vinni. Listening to it RIGHT NOW. Vincent rides the short bus, Vincent is on Elvis/Michael medication, Vincent has extremely STUPID hair, which is apparently trying desparately to escape the desert residing beneath his skull.

No hope for this lobotomy candidate. No hope for him. No hope for us. Note well: Greg Blatche currently lapping at the Snyder water dish hoping for a future Head Coach pay day. The insanity continues. Time to ratchet up the revolution. Riggo, you are in the Hall, the rest have to buy a ticket to enter. F them.

Posted by: 3rdGenRFan | November 5, 2009 10:49 PM | Report abuse

Greg Blache is a day late and a dollar short....GO BACK INTO YOUR SHELL!

Posted by: LongTimeSkinsFan | November 5, 2009 11:25 PM | Report abuse

RIGGO IS THE Redskins!! What a Joy it was to watch this dude!. I love the man and back him 125%. All you pretenders are just a bunch of Puzzies and thats that! Go get him RIGGO!!

Posted by: LongTimeSkinsFan | November 5, 2009 11:30 PM | Report abuse

look, Blache means well...but let's look at the facts.....AND BLACHE NEEDS TO TAKE THIS INTO ACCOUNT, EVERY TRAINING CAMP, HE GETS NEW PLAYERS OR HAS TO CUT NEW AND OLD PLAYERS,A. SOME MAY NOT HAVE THE TALENT, SOME MAY AND HAVE A BAD ATTITUDE, SOME MAY NOT WANT IT AND SOME MAY GET INJURED, BUT HE HAS TO CUT PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT GOING TO HELP THE TEAM WIN, IT'S HIS RESPONSIBILITY....WE DON'T TELL HIM, "ENOUGH." LIKE HE SAID TO THE FANS AND RIGGINS....WE LET HIM DO HIS JOB.....WE'LL MR BLACHE WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, DAN SNYDER HAS HAD 10 YEARS...10 YEARS SIR...AND HE'S HAD A BAD ATTITUDE...MAYBE NOT TO YOU BUT TO THE FANS...HAVE ALL YOUR PLAYERS WITH BAD ATTITUDES THAT YOU'VE HAD TO CUT BEEN 'DARK HEARTED' WHO KNOWS, WHAT I CAN SAY SIR IS THAT YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO OFFER THIS MAN, HE NEEDS YOU, HE NEEDS HIS PLAYERS...YOU MAKE HIM MONEY, SIR I RESPECT YOUR STANDING UP FOR THE MAN, BUT HE HAS NOT BEEN A MAN...NOBODY IS PERFECT, WHAT YOU DID WAS RIGHT...YOU HAVE PRINCIPLES....SIR, I FEEL MR. SNYDER DOES NOT....YOU DON'T SUE THE FANS, WINING IS NOT ABOUT EGO, IT'S ABOUT HAVING NO EGO...AT LEAST IN A TEAM SPORT..YOU KNOW MORE THEN I ABOUT FOOTBALL.....BUT YOUR NOT AN OWNER AND HE HAS A RESPONSIBILITY TO THE FANS AND WERE GOING TO DAMN WELL CUT HIS AS S. AND IF WE DON'T WERE GOING TO SHOW HIS AS S. WHAT A TEAM PLAYER IS....MY RESPONSE TO YOU SIR IS TO HIM..'ENOUGH.'

Posted by: ghostrider505 | November 5, 2009 11:34 PM | Report abuse

Blache has no credibility. Let's hear him talk about how he back stabbed Greg Williams - taking the head coach defense while GW was still interviewing for the job. Another one of little hitler youth dannyboy snyders ploys. Of maybe he could tell us about the $60K shotguns that dannyboy bought for him to help get him to backstab his former boss.

Dannyboy is a little hitler youth idiot (*&(*&. ButtboyVinny is just as bad.

Posted by: Jaymand | November 5, 2009 11:37 PM | Report abuse

FOR THE RECORD, I THINK SNYDER IS A BAD GUY
LETS NOT FOOL OURSELVES HERE

Posted by: dspinx | November 6, 2009 12:16 AM | Report abuse

Riggo crossed the line. I only know Snyder as a football guy. I don't know him well enough to think of him as "good" or "bad".

But Blache should just shut up and do what he's paid to do and DO IT WELL.

Snyder has his jet, yacht and money. He doesn't need more ass-kisser. I didn't really have an opinion on Blache before. But if a couple of rides on Danny Boy's private jet could get him somehow to ignore all the damage Danny Boy has done to the team, I think Blache isn't enough a professional. He ought to be let go too.

Posted by: newwebid | November 6, 2009 3:07 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, Riggo had an axe to grind with Danny Boy for canning him from his radio gig. And the comments were over the line especially with Riggo not providing specific details on Danny's black heart and being a bad guy, even though we all know that Danny is a bad guy.

But Blache needs to shut up and worry about Atlanta and how his overrated, bend,but don't break until the 4th quarter defense will try to keep them to 16 points so the 'Skins have a chance to win. Please continue your media strike, Blache!

Posted by: metrosucks100 | November 6, 2009 7:08 AM | Report abuse

And how long has Blache been jockeying for Zorn's job?

Isn't it interesting that he and "eyes" go way back.

What, no defense of Zorn?

Posted by: dotto | November 6, 2009 7:30 AM | Report abuse

The Danny has no one to blame but himself for how people feel about him. He runs the team with no accountability. The behavior of suing grandmas with outside counsel with 180000 people waiting in line for tickets is outrageous. Jason Campbell is a good decent young man. Bringing in and making a big deal out of people to replace him is mean and stupid. Anyone that would think having dinner with a new quarterback would somehow let you sign him is an idiot. Dan Snyder is an idiot. Riggo has a right to his opinion and the clueless people at Redskins park should talk to him. Especially Dan Synder. He is surrounded by people who are not telling him the truth. What Riggins said about the Danny is not close to what we read in these blogs by
Redskins fans. John Riggins is a man with the guts to tell us what he thinks. Dan Snyder should surround himself with some people that are willing to tell him what they think. The players on this team are not quality players. The offensive line is terrible. The defense is not that good and special teams are average and cannot return punts. But the atmosphere around the Redskins is horrible. Abusing Jim Zorn and
Gregg Williams is not going to make the Redskins better. Gregg Williams will move on probably to the Super Bowl and Jim Zorn will land on his feet. This organization will continue to fall apart under the Danny.

Posted by: HelloNewman1 | November 6, 2009 7:32 AM | Report abuse

Blanche talks to the media then shuts it down. Then he comes back out to talk to the media? This team is a complete disaster with no end to the madness in sight. If your a man and you are a witness to this mess then you should back Riggo 100%. He is on our side and $nyder is on his own side. At the least, Riggo earn his pay check. This team lacks that "DETAIL".

Posted by: hessone | November 6, 2009 7:50 AM | Report abuse

4thFloor,
That is no way to talk about our Super Bowl XVII MVP. Get a grip man. $nyder is a bad person. All owners giving back to the community and so forth is the norm. If it wasn't $nyder would keep every cent to himself.

Posted by: hessone | November 6, 2009 8:02 AM | Report abuse

Sorry, but I'm not going to put a lot of stock into a guy defending his boss whose continuing employment depends on said boss.

I'll just look at Comrade Danny's record of mistreating people over the last 10 years and how he has overcommercialized everything related to the team and how he has shabbily treated the fans this year and previous years (as evidenced by the lawsuits and signs and t-shirts crackdown) and I draw the reasonable conclusion that these actions are perpetrated by a bad guy.

Posted by: playahatah | November 6, 2009 8:08 AM | Report abuse

Blache Wants Something From the Danny. Blache is a KISS A$$

Posted by: riceldi | November 6, 2009 8:20 AM | Report abuse

Truth is Blache is a lousy D coach. He rode the coat tails of Williams success and he will end up around 15 in total D when all is said and done. He needs to GO!

Posted by: mmagua | November 6, 2009 8:37 AM | Report abuse

Yes, Riggo was probably over-the-top with that Snyder is a "bad man" stuff ... But the point is, I don't care if he's frikin Father Christmas the fact is he blows as an owner & even worse as a GM (yes Dan we know you are the shadow-GM behind Vinny), we've got 9-10 yrs of inept track record to prove it .... So please, hire a real GM (if there's still anyone crazy enough to work for you) and stop trying to play football-man , obviously you just can't do it ------

Posted by: RoidRage | November 6, 2009 8:44 AM | Report abuse

Rah Rah Rah. Yeah, Dan's a hell of a guy. He has always treated his favorite players and coaches like they were his family. But that is where it stops. He does not know jack about operating a football team and his total disconnect from the fans is very evident.

Posted by: VaBroker | November 6, 2009 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Again, these coaches need to win games and discuss football, otherwise just shut up!

Posted by: Barryco1 | November 6, 2009 9:04 AM | Report abuse

Greg Blatche has absolutely zero credibility. The guy has been compromised by Danny's money...Blatche has been bought and paid for. He didn't want to talk to the press about his job but the second someone talks bad about his keeper he is running to the press to defend him? This kind of behavior is unporfessional and frankly is disgusts me. I have lost all respect for Greg Blatche.

Posted by: sjp879 | November 6, 2009 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Greg Blatche has absolutely zero credibility. The guy has been compromised by Danny's money...Blatche has been bought and paid for. He didn't want to talk to the press about his job but the second someone talks bad about his keeper he is running to the press to defend him? This kind of behavior is unporfessional and frankly it disgusts me. I have lost all respect for Greg Blatche.

Posted by: sjp879 | November 6, 2009 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Mr Noncents, I agree that Snyder has done some things the past few years and especially this year that call into question his character and whether he is a "good" guy. There's a lot of evidence lately that he's not a "good" guy especially when it comes to the treatment of his patrons. But I watched video of Riggins last night and his Showtime interview and when he said Snyder's "heart is dark" you could see Collins, Brown and Simms were all sitting there in shock and thought he went too far. Riggins' demeanor was very calm when he said it. Of all of the things the public knows about Snyder, I don't think any of it warrants the opinion that his "heart is dark". My perspective is that Riggins either knows something more about Snyder on a personal level that we don't, or more likely, he has a deeper hate for people LIKE Snyder. "Dark heart" borders on calling Snyder the devil. As bad as the situation is in the Redskins front office right now, Snyder's behavior does not warrant or deserve that especially considering the historical weight of that connotation on Jewish people.

Posted by: ebberger | November 6, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Sadly Blatche, Portis, George Michael, Cerrato, and Larry Michael have no credibility when it comes to their views on Snyder. As Snyder has been criticized each one of them has rushed to the defense of the Boss. Blatche ended his media silence for this? This is the same Blatche that the Post and other Media sources reported knew that Williams was to be fired before Williams was informed. That he was given an expensive Italian shotgun and a new bigger contract with the condition he remain silent and not tell one "of his closest friends" that he was about to get axed.
So a few things come to mind here. 1. Look out Snyder if he is calling you a friend maybe he knows something is about to happen to you. 2. His silence was bought then and his defense of Snyder is paid for now. and 3. No one doubts D Snyder wants to Win. Much like Boswell's column today the majority of the criticism is he treats the NFL like a sandlot pick up game. The descriptions of him coming into a locker room at half or after a game has ended demanding explanations and dressing coaches down in front of the team. Star players making more than most coaches, can quickly realize where the power lays. No wonder Hall, Portis, Blatche, Cerrato ingratiate themselves with Snyder. As fans all we can do is take economic action to make Snyder realize we will not overpay for a substandard product. (Season Ticket Holders, check the fine print of your renewal contracts, would anyone be surprised if there are additional clauses added to prevent you from selling them more than twice a year or you can’t sell them to the visiting team. Remember they sue fans.) Boycott

Posted by: Hank4 | November 6, 2009 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Hospice has nothing to do with football. Snyder is a greedy man who overcharges the fans for parking, tickets, concessions, etc. Snyder overpays players from other teams then gives away draft picks like candy. Blatche should get the Fans point of view. Blatche is paid well for his services and would like to see more money.

Posted by: jercha | November 6, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: sjp879 | November 6, 2009 9:31 AM | Report abuse
===========================

How will Blache ever sleep knowing this!! But you have no problem with Riggins?? When was the last time he was even at Redskins Park??
Face it, Riggins used "dark heart" because it was very theatrical and ever since he attempted to become an actor, he has tried to use inflection as a way of making his points seem deeper than "Riggo". He is nothing more than an arm chair quarterback at this point!! Period!!

Posted by: dkidwell61 | November 6, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jercha | November 6, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

======================================
Could you expand on the Parking, ticket, etc., with some proof??
When did they "give away" draft picks??
Overpay players?? Examples please!!
I just hate statements without support. So help me out if you can.

Posted by: dkidwell61 | November 6, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Blache said ""To hear such a vicious criticism of somebody I consider not just my employer, but a good friend, bothered me. And as much as I hadn't been talking to you, I felt like this is something I needed to do. Somebody needed to stand up and set this record straight."

___________________________________________

ummm..... I kinda remember you saying also about a month ago that I won't talk to the media anymore. so??? I think Blache should just shut his pie hole!

who cares if Snyder is so uber nice to all the the primadonna skins players and the spoiled skins staff and his lap dog Cerrato. This is the same owner that sued fans, banned signs, is egocentric, blasted Norv Turner, fired so many coaches,hmmmm... yeah an "ANGEL OF AN OWNER"

BLACHE SHUT UP! F U SNYDER!

Posted by: datruth21 | November 6, 2009 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jcrabbe1 | November 5, 2009 3:06 PM | Report abuse
================================
What heat????? His defense has played great!! When you consider how inept the offense has been and how much time the defense has been on the field, it is amazing that they have been able to maintain that level of play!!
Still one of the top defenses in the league!!
Sorry, but your "taking the heat" argument is hollow!!

Posted by: dkidwell61 | November 6, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

SO THIS GUY forms the 3rd point of the Devil's Triange

Get used to it Snyder (owner) Cerrato (GM) Blache (Head Coach)

WHAT A SLIME BALL

IT IS GOING TO GET WORSE

looks like Blache has been working like a THEIF IN THE NIGHT behind thye scenes

ANOTHER "YES MAN" for Danny !!!!!!!

Blache is a CREEP !!!!

Posted by: tele1 | November 5, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

==================================

ROFL!!! Take off the tin foil guy!! Would you have advised the Skins not to have drafted Orakpo after seeing him play?? He was the BEST PLAYER available, sound familiar, and is proving it on the field!!
Please tell me who the Skins should have drafted in your opinion!!!
What are you talking about "taking Williams's job"??? Williams didn't want the DC position again with the Skins. He wanted the HC position or nothing.

Posted by: dkidwell61 | November 6, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

BLACHE SHUT UP! F U SNYDER!

Posted by: datruth21 | November 6, 2009 10:49 AM | Report abuse
==================================

How many coaches has he fired?? I believe that would be two. So now two is sooo many???
The truth?? He chose Turner over Casserly and later admitted that it was the wrong choice. He also admitted that firing Turner during the season was a poor decision but driven by emotion.
Marty was fired when he wouldn't give up the GM reigns and go full time as head coach.
Are you going to tell me that either firing was bad??
The Ball Coach was in over his head and resigned and Gibbs retired.

If Blache had come out and bashed Snyder, you wouldn't be telling him to shut up, would you!!!

Posted by: dkidwell61 | November 6, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Blache is yet another jack@ss on this team that needs to hit the bricks.

A few weeks ago he didn't want to address the fans or the media, now he has something too say.

As for Riggins speaking his mind.

When Blache, or any other POS on this team for that matter.
Wins the Super Bowl, sets a Super Bowl record, wins the MVP, and then has there bust placed in Canton.
Then they can start running your mouths about John Riggins and his assessments.

Hey Blache, you can start by winning a efing game jack@ss !

Posted by: dashriprock | November 6, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Blache is yet another jack@ss on this team that needs to hit the bricks.

As for Riggins speaking his mind.

When Blache, or any other POS on this team for that matter.
Then they can start running your mouths about John Riggins and his assessments.

Hey Blache, you can start by winning a efing game jack@ss !

Posted by: dashriprock | November 6, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

================================

Based on that, anything that Joe Gibbs would say (3 Superbowls and a HOF bust) would be pretty hard to discredit then!!!
Do you really want to go down that road or will you find an exception to your rule!!

Posted by: dkidwell61 | November 6, 2009 11:49 AM | Report abuse

WOW. I'm supposed to be impressed that Stinkin Danny's smart enough to know that giving to charity will help that BOTTOM LINE in the end?

Who give a flyin fig what Blache thinks anyways?

Posted by: kone | November 6, 2009 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Are you going to tell me that either firing was bad??
The Ball Coach was in over his head and resigned and Gibbs retired.

______________________________________

you eff-in RETARD! the point is, these coaches need to start concentrating on football games instead of trying to defend their boss. DON'T START MAKING STOOOOPID ANALYSIS, IT APPEARS THAT YOU'RE A DAN SNYDER FAN AS WELL! this org doesn't have the stability a lot of fans have seen throughout his tenure, who care who's saying who, Snyder point blank doesn't have a clue. SO I GUESS YOU SHUT THE F UP!

Posted by: alucard1 | November 6, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

HEY dkidwell61 stop blowing Snyder!

Posted by: alucard1 | November 6, 2009 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Why do people keep bringing up the suing of the season ticket holders??

1) They were premium season ticket holders.....not GENERAL ADMISSION tickets. Screw them.
2) They individuals sued were 1.25% of the season tickets over a 5 year period and were the worst cases of people who didn't even try to work it out...THAT IS NOT STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT
3) What 70 yr old signs a 10 year Contract on PREMIUM CLUB SEATS then reneges?? After already having had regular season tickets too!
4) Other teams admitted to doing the same in the article (See THE PATRIOTS)...why no big issue about them? A Contract is a contract.....I have ZERO mercy for Premium Level ticket holders...they are NOT the real fans. They are just the people there to do business or wanted to skip the waiting list.

As most of the bloggers here are not season ticket holders.....let me set the record straight.

I am a season ticket holder of the REDSKINS and RAVENS......and have to say the Redskins Front office has protected General Season TIcket holders.

My REDSKINS Season tickets did not require a PSL and they improve a little bit every year because everyone is put on an upgrade list. They also have NOT increased in price for me in 10+ Years at $ 65 (4 Seats upstairs) and $ 99 (Lower Level) for 2 different sets. So Boycott away...my tickets will only improve.

My 2 RAVENS Tickets cost me a $ 2000.00 PSL/Seat...and they stay the same in the same location every year. They have also increased in price by 100% in the last 8 years from 65$ to 120$ which irks me.

The REDSKINS do not require a deposit for signing up for the season ticket waiting list and you can sign up as many times as needed....I waited 10 years for my name to come off the list. The RAVENS charge 50$ Deposit to put your name on the PSL waiting list....you get to come off the list 2x....The 50$ is applied to your tickets....if you don't accept the seats offered the 2nd time you are taken off the list and give up your 50$. You can sell your PSL license.

The food is pretty much similar fare at both stadiums and relatively the same costs...lets be honest. A Chicken Tender is a Chicken Tender. You don't get as nice collector cups at RAVENS game for your sodas.

The REDSKINS Season ticket office requires a single payment of your Season Tickets in the spring. The RAVENS require an initial payment early in the offseason...then the remainder in late spring.

My family are fans of both......but most critics and commentators on these blogs of have zero idea of what Season Tickets cost and how the organizations actually treat their fans. I figured it was time to set the record straight.

As a season ticket holder....if I defaulted on my ticket agreement and never bothered to call or try to work with the ticket office....HELL YES THEY COULD SUE ME.

Posted by: GoonieGooGoo | November 6, 2009 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Blache's nose is so far up Snyder's rear end he needs a snorkel. Could this guy be any more transparent? He sees himself as the heir apparent to Zorn and he may have thrown Greg Williams under the bus 2 years ago...

Posted by: randysbailin | November 6, 2009 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Blatche tells you everything you need to know when he refers to his "good friend", the owner, as MISTER Snyder. Blatche needs to follow Vinny & Zorn right out the door. This whole thing is such a colossal joke.

Posted by: shanks1 | November 6, 2009 1:39 PM | Report abuse

How does Blache sleep at night is right. The guy has become just one more of Dan's yes-men. This isn't about Riggins although I don't agree with his dark heart comment. This is about Blache being compromised by Danny's money. Blache should be ahsamed of himself. He is no professional that much is for sure.

Posted by: sjp879 | November 6, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: alucard1 | November 6, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

====================================

Nice job of defending the public school system alucard!!! Amazing how you changed the subject instead of actually having a conversation or debate!!
I guess it's easier to just "f" this and that and make yourself feel like you made a point!!
Pathetic..............really!!

Posted by: dkidwell61 | November 6, 2009 4:58 PM | Report abuse

HEY dkidwell61 stop blowing Snyder!

Posted by: alucard1 | November 6, 2009 12:12 PM | Report abuse
============================

I guess you were not able to come up with this gem before you hit submit!!
A pity!! It would have really been the perfect ending to an extremely well thought out post!!

Posted by: dkidwell61 | November 6, 2009 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: shanks1 | November 6, 2009 1:39 PM | Report abuse

==================================

I remember your same objections to Joe Gibbs and company referring to Jack Kent Cooke as Mr. Cook!! He was such a puppet!!
After all, who need a coordinator who is actually doing his job!!! Bring in Riggins!! He knows everything and the folks on this board seem to revere him!!!

Posted by: dkidwell61 | November 6, 2009 5:06 PM | Report abuse

This just in: Snyder fires Blatche. Quote from Snyder: "True, I like spineless yes man, but this shameless brown-nosing seems to have demoralized the defense."

Posted by: randysbailin | November 6, 2009 5:53 PM | Report abuse

How could any self respecting Skins fan be so hard for Danny Snyder? Dkid, get off Snyder's sack and don't you dare toss his salad again until he hires a real GM.

Posted by: sjp879 | November 6, 2009 5:57 PM | Report abuse

oK dkidwell61, or d-i-k-well

I'm beginning to think you're a cowboys fan, or just absolutely adore Snyder. give me a couple of reasons why you love Snyder so much. you want discussions??? ok jack-@ss, 1999-2009, the Snyder tenure, what significant changes has he done not naming spending sooooooooo much money on unproven commodity???

go suck on Snyder somE MORE!

Posted by: alucard1 | November 6, 2009 6:18 PM | Report abuse

Blache needs to keep his mouth shut he is just as gutless and worthless as snyder. This whole organization from the FO to the coaches to most of the players needs to go, time to rebuild!

Posted by: ksaul79 | November 6, 2009 6:31 PM | Report abuse

oK dkidwell61, or d-i-k-well

go suck on Snyder somE MORE!

Posted by: alucard1 | November 6, 2009 6:18 PM | Report abuse

==============================

Are you this much of a loser all day long or is this just your "I'm such a cool guy" persona that you put on when you are safe and typing on the keyboard??
I think I know why you hate Snyder so much, you are simply jealous of the guy and try to bring him, and anyone else you perceive as a threat, down to your level.
Pretty pathetic life!!
I'm guessing you are still in high school since your ability to converse is consistently challenged. Good thing you still have time to mature!!

Posted by: dkidwell61 | November 6, 2009 7:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sjp879 | November 6, 2009 5:57 PM | Report abuse

==================================

When I get responses like this it really affirms that I am correct, since the only way small minds like you can address the situation is through juvenile sexual innuendo.

Posted by: dkidwell61 | November 6, 2009 7:48 PM | Report abuse

The fans never got to know, the Squire or will really get to know Ted Leonsis, but they were and are both loved and respected by this town. Through the good times and bad. The Danny is a wretched little man and Riggo couldn't me closer to the truth. Go suck-up in another town Blache!

Posted by: nigt | November 6, 2009 9:43 PM | Report abuse

Clearly you were forced to do this, we forgive you.

I interpret the 'dark heart' comments not as Riggo saying Snyder is evil, rather that he is intensely insecure and that drives him to surround himself with yes-men, control others, and involve himself in details far below his position.

Posted by: troyyeske1 | November 7, 2009 2:54 AM | Report abuse

only defensive coordinator in NFL history whose job requires him to hold a Press Conf to defend the owner, and Danny wonders why no one wants to coach here

Posted by: TGT11 | November 7, 2009 8:42 AM | Report abuse

Again dkidwell61 or DIKWELL!

don't sound like you know Snyder so much, looks like you're "man love" is pretty much oozing out of your @ss. you don't sound like anything remotely close to being someone who knows anything, cause it sounds like you're trying too hard to convince anybody but your logic on this conversation is flat out senseless, it appears you're a a frop out bum and a homo, go suck on Snyder some more you f-ker!

Posted by: alucard1 | November 7, 2009 8:57 AM | Report abuse

I thought this fool wasn't talking to the Media. Blache you are part of the movement to get the heck outa here. When I saw you sucking in the limelight and laughing and being all giddy when KJ interviewed you after the giants rolled us in week 1. That was it. Go back in your cave you sensitive weak minded little man. Even KJ was looking at you like holy cow does this jack A-- think they just clinched a playoff spot with that flop. You are a complete moron. And further more why don't you try to use some press coverage idiot! The slants are piling up. Your CBs are 15 yards deep at the snap. GO AWAY- take cerato, take zorn, take campbell, take portis, take hall. HALL who has been glorified this week and for what. Missing tackles and getting beat deep. Your defense should be number 1. You are a looooooooooooser. So loser. Go back into not talking. You brown nosing butt kissing no class arrogant self consumed but hole.

Posted by: robjway1 | November 7, 2009 1:43 PM | Report abuse