Brunell, Frosty The Punter and Redskins Insider T-Shirts

I'll take care of the Redskins business first. Spoke with Mark Brunell today and got the impression a new, cap-friendly contract with the Skins will be done in a few days. He seems pumped to have a chance to come back.
Also, the Skins told Frosty today that he will be tendered - the low tender ($850,000) - which secures his rights and essentially means he'll be back next season to try to build off his strong finish in 2006.

Okay, now to the important stuff (just kidding). Nate in the PDX busted out some killer Redskins Insider t-shirt designs like a few months back. I ran it up the flagpole to see if he could actually begin selling them, then never really heard anything back. But now Cindy sez it's good to go, so I'll let Nate take over from here with the details. All the profits go to charity (rebuilding New Orleans) and definitely check out the site where you can buy them.

Nate writes:

A while back it was suggested that we make tee shirts to express our love for and addiction to Redskins Insider. My man charlie and I came up with some ideas and stole some from the blog, and together we put together a handful of shirt designs. The resulting shirts are what you might expect... reflecting a warped design sensibility, busted sense of humor, lack of image-editing acumen, and lots of heart. I hope you find one that suits your fancy.

But it gets better, folks, because you can share the love even more: $2.50 from every purchase will be donated directly to charity/relief efforts in New Orleans, in the spirit of giving pioneered by Scott, jm220 and the rest of the volunteer mission crew. That's 100% of the profits, going straight to great causes!

I'll ask Scott & jm220 for help selecting recipients for these donations, perhaps in conjunction with a summer volunteer mission to NOLA. But we have to sell some shirts in order to make donations, so get in there and start ordering, people!

Thanks!
Nate in the PDX

P.S. If you have clever ideas for additional shirt designs, please send them to me at nateinthepdx at gmail dot com. All I ask is that you promise to buy one shirt with your design, and keep it classy.

By Jason La Canfora  |  February 26, 2007; 5:37 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Saturday Night's Alright For Drinkin'
Next: Free Agent Update

Comments

reserve my t-shirt

Posted by: ♂ | February 26, 2007 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Smack to the Back of the Head (jm220 T shirt) that's cool :-)

By the way, I just heard that Gaines Adams had a great workout at the combine.

Posted by: Lisa | February 26, 2007 6:13 PM | Report abuse

lemar will provide depth at all three LB positions which is really the way it should be.

also guys this isn't high school, i have to laugh (in nice way) at some of the posts about Can we move LLoyd to corner or arch to linebacker and now Lemar to saftey.

Dudes Lemar was cut like twice as a saftey and he is lucky he found us, a team so devoid of talent he got a third chance.

Posted by: Old School | February 26, 2007 6:30 PM | Report abuse

1. Star of the day: Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
On Monday, Adams ran a 4.64 40-yard dash -- the fastest of any defensive lineman, and just ahead of Texas-Austin's Brian Robison. He finished second in his group to Oklahoma's C.J. Ah You in the vertical jump at 36 inches, and did a 4.36 in the 20-yard shuttle, which was third in his group. Basically he made himself a whole lot of money this week, confirming all the positives regarding his athleticism and explosiveness. And he didn't even have to do the bench press, which he'll take on at his Pro Day on March 13.

Adams was already the top-ranked DE on many lists, but like Wisconsin offensive tackle Joe Thomas and a handful of others, Adams took the high regard personnel experts had already for him to a new level. The 6-foot-4, 260-pound Adams also performed well in linebacker drills. An AP First-Team All-American, he led the Atlantic Coast Conference with 12.5 sacks, and was named his conference's Defensive Player of the Year. Adams thought about entering the draft in 2006, but head coach Tommy Bowden talked him into that senior year. Good advice, Coach!

Posted by: cdubb | February 26, 2007 6:31 PM | Report abuse

A fletcher-baker's dozen of shirt ideas:

"Core Insider"

"Draft Picks - 50¢"

"We Paid HOW MUCH?"

"Gibbs 2.4"

"Insider to the Sticks"

"LaToucanfora Rocks"

"Which Way to Cyn Cyty?"

"I Blog with Tony & Mike"

"I Know P Diddy"

"loco mullin - closet insider"

"Badder Than Sean Taylor"

"OK OK *hugs*"

and last but not least,

Nate's
Always
Sober
Cause
Alcohol
Retaliates

Posted by: PT | February 26, 2007 6:38 PM | Report abuse

4-12 if you're lucky in DC this year fellas.

Posted by: Peter King | February 26, 2007 06:03 PM

Damn Petey- Why are you gonna come up here and use my name in vain?

Posted by: 4-12 | February 26, 2007 6:44 PM | Report abuse

Another year of Brunell! It better be really really cap friendly.

Great work with the T's Nate

Posted by: jm220 | February 26, 2007 6:45 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, PT, duly noted.

Definitely looking for suggestions like these, and even graphic designs if anybody has such skillz and cares to contribute (my DIY aesthetic may have yielded shirts you wouldn't actually wear). Anything to sell shirts and thereby generate charitable donations.

And yes, alcohol retaliates. Oh my. I am joining some of you on the wagon.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 26, 2007 6:46 PM | Report abuse

And yes, alcohol retaliates. Oh my. I am joining some of you on the wagon.

LMAO!!! You keep this up and Mrs. Nate isn't going to let you out anymore. lol

Posted by: jm220 | February 26, 2007 6:54 PM | Report abuse

As long as Brunell has enough salary to purchase pain killers and knee braces to hold up his old man legs, he should be good to go!

Posted by: The pimp | February 26, 2007 7:05 PM | Report abuse

Latest news from the NFL Network - especially for those of you curious about the Strahan rumors. Adam Schefter (I don't know where he gets his info but it's on target most of the time) reported that Strahan is meeting with Jerry Reese at the end of the week to discuss his future and the Giants future. They hope to keep him in NY and most likely that will happen. If it does not, Strahan might retire and become a television personality OR the Redskins might be interested. Schefter said he would be a good fit for the Skins.

Other news: Drew Bledsoe will be released by the Cowboys later this week.

Washington Redskins 99% certain to sign London Fletcher-Baker. Schefter said he will be great for the Skins.

Posted by: Lisa | February 26, 2007 7:26 PM | Report abuse

Also, Nate Clements predicted to sign with the Titans.

Posted by: Lisa | February 26, 2007 7:32 PM | Report abuse

After doing a little reading, I really think that the Skins should hold on to the 6th. Anderson or Adams will be good. I don't think we can miss with either one.

Posted by: charlie | February 26, 2007 7:51 PM | Report abuse

charlie, agreed, as long as we get an 'instant starter' stud D-lineman I'll be happy about staying with the #6 pick.

Guessing we won't know until draft weekend -- or maybe until we're on the clock -- whether there are any trade possibilities for that pick, but I'm not holding out hope.

What's the plan at CB again? Is there still a possibility of Springs staying? We gotta have help out there.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 26, 2007 8:04 PM | Report abuse

Shouldn't there be a TCCL shirt in there somewhere?

Posted by: Matt | February 26, 2007 8:21 PM | Report abuse

T-shirt Haiku:

Redskins Insider:
Blogging Our Guts Out For You!
(Haikus free of charge!)

Posted by: HaikuMan | February 26, 2007 8:43 PM | Report abuse

(Having haiku'ed the above, I must say this, though -- the SHABINGUS shirt is CLASSIC and made me literally laugh out loud!)

Posted by: HaikuMan | February 26, 2007 8:44 PM | Report abuse

Was looking at Redskins.com. They are going through a position by position assessment of players/needs.

Do we need to read anything into the fact that the first three positions they mention or are going over are:
1) Guard / center (in conjunction with a story about trying to re-sign Dockery)
2) Punter/kicker
3) Safety

Shouldn't they have started with
1) D line
2) Linebacker
3) Cornerback

Hope this doesn't mean that someone is considering doing something stupid with the 6th pick....

Posted by: 'canes fan (not Miami) | February 26, 2007 9:00 PM | Report abuse

Well, we lost cable service in my area right at the end of Brian Bilick interview on the NFL Network. Darn it! I'm still cableless and missing the combine. My internet accessed finally returned though.

Posted by: Lisa | February 26, 2007 9:07 PM | Report abuse

I'm torn between the shabingus golf shirt and the "Smack to the back of your damn head" tee. If only the shabingus shirt were amended to be shabingus.com, it would be no contest.

I guess I could always buy a formal and a casual outfit since it's for a good cause.

Nate and company, kudos for your fine work.

Adam

PS AMTTS - I've updated my spell checker's dictionary, but I think you are in the best position to add shabingus to wikipedia. I'd hate to embarrass myself and screw up the definition (alright everyone, insert favorite dumb Eagles fan joke here).

Posted by: EaglesFan | February 26, 2007 9:19 PM | Report abuse

Absolutely brilliant. Nate, I emailed a suggestion for you to help me consumate my Sean Taylor man-crush.

Another suggestion would be 'I know less than Lisa'

Posted by: etrod | February 26, 2007 9:24 PM | Report abuse

Pat Kirwan says Dre Bly could go to Denver for a 3rd rounder.

Posted by: Leon | February 26, 2007 9:39 PM | Report abuse

Do the shirts come in pink?ha! Great idea Nate! Thanx...

Posted by: Pink C.C.- | February 26, 2007 11:03 PM | Report abuse

How about "I survived The Outage, but Mrs. Nate finally let him back on"
or
"I reject your capology and substitute my own"
or
"The letters are all there, Jason; now we just have to get them in the right order"

Posted by: cload and daggar | February 26, 2007 11:05 PM | Report abuse

Jason, the shirts suck, how about the pic at the top of this page with the redskin insider logo. On second thought how about just the Redskin Insider logo.

Posted by: Steve B | February 26, 2007 11:37 PM | Report abuse

Nate, don't sweat: the shirts don't suck - we should just tweak them and fancy them up a bit. Some plain is good though, particularly the shabingus collared . . .

Posted by: stevie in ct | February 27, 2007 12:02 AM | Report abuse

Steve B, my man,. You seem a lil fired up, bro. nate did this on his own - putting his own time and effort into it - and is trying to help a worthwhile charity. You can't hate on that. I have no idea how to do any of this, and if you've got specs for a design and I am sure Nate is all ears, like he said in the post.
Draw it up and email it to me and I'll post it on the blog.

My idea was:
Redskins Insider
Drniking Mandatory; Spelling Optional

(yes, I actually spelled it wrong by design)

Posted by: Jason La Canfora | February 27, 2007 12:08 AM | Report abuse

Heh. People took me that seriously with the Lemar to safety thing? I'm not serious, I was just askin', ya know....

Anyway, I'm about tempted to put down for a 'Shabingas' shirt. I wouldn't mind seeing a 'Blogging My Guts Out' shirt, but I couldn't tell you how to put that on the shirt. We could go the BYGOTs route, but that might be, well, misconstrued....

Posted by: FlimFlam | February 27, 2007 1:26 AM | Report abuse

Appreciate all the constructive feedback on the shirts. Glad everyone is getting into the spirit of the thing.

Thanks to everybody who sent me or posted ideas. I'll work on some of these and post when I get new shirts up in the store. I ordered a 'shabingus' shirt to get the ball rolling.

Again, post suggestions up here or feel free to send me any ideas at nateinthepdx at gmail dot com.

And any of you creative types, feel free to step it up a notch and send me graphics. The image specs are easy to find on cafepress.com.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 27, 2007 3:49 AM | Report abuse

Very nice job on the t-shirts, Nate and company. Question: are there going to be other "standard" designs added? Just curious.

Posted by: Ocho-Ocho | February 27, 2007 3:54 AM | Report abuse

Ocho, let me know what you want to see by way of standard shirt designs, and I'll probably be able to make it happen. Love the haiku, love "Blogging your guts out," and some of the other suggestions so far.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 27, 2007 4:19 AM | Report abuse

Fantastic Job on the shirts, Nate.

A few more suggestions:

How about a RI Pacific Chapter shirt for yourself, P Diddy, and the late night crew?

Lancer Nation

Fear the Double-Post

Honorary GM

F T-shirts (for Chris Larry)

Thread Poets' Society (HaikuMan)

Posted by: etrod | February 27, 2007 7:49 AM | Report abuse

not sure who your donations will help with only 10 bloggers ueing different blog names to give the illusion of multiple posters?

Posted by: Anonymous | February 27, 2007 7:49 AM | Report abuse

Gaines Adams ran a 4.36 in the 20 yard shuttle.

Adam Carriker ran a 4.19 and was 30 pounds heavier.

NFL Network said that Carriker's shuttle time was the equivalent to a shuttle time run by most of the elite linebackers.

Posted by: Greg(Boston) | February 27, 2007 8:14 AM | Report abuse

Nice anonomous post, jackhole. You could actually try doing something as creative as these guys, or would that actually require effort?

On another note, and I realize this may be the acme of newcomer stupidity but, could someone enlighten me on the word "shabingus"? I know it might be one of those things where if you have to ask, you don't get it but it sounds cool and I really hate being out of the loop.

Posted by: evan | February 27, 2007 8:15 AM | Report abuse

That jab was intended for the "10 bloggers" moron.

Posted by: evan | February 27, 2007 8:16 AM | Report abuse

How about:
Spanning the globe to ... well, spanning the globe anyway.

Posted by: cload and daggar | February 27, 2007 8:34 AM | Report abuse

Charity suggestion: Save the Skins, GM for hire fund.

Posted by: monkalicious | February 27, 2007 8:36 AM | Report abuse

shabingus is an ArtMonkToTheSticks (AMTTS) creation that describes a situation so hopelessly befuddled (i.e FUBARed) and bereft of a solution that one can only shrug one's shoulders and say in his words "what a shabingus"

The truly amazing thing about the word shabingus is that not only does it sound like a real word, it sounds so much like the situation it describes that I've used the word to describe screwed up situations to my co-workers and they've understood exactly what I was trying to say without me ever having to explain further or even define the word shabingus.

AMTTS is a literary genius and I think I may have just crafted the wikipedia entry for his creation

Adam

Posted by: EaglesFan | February 27, 2007 8:37 AM | Report abuse

could someone enlighten me on the word "shabingus"?

Shabingus (shabingi plural): n, A chaotic or unpredictable situation that is often nonsensical in nature. Something possibly dangerous or risky or troublesome. Example: My boys and I went to this petting zoo that was on 100 foot stilts above a rifle club firing range in Ottawa...total shabingus.

Posted by: Megskin | February 27, 2007 8:38 AM | Report abuse

I am back... after the great blog crash of '07 I thought I'd try "life after Redskins Insider"... then the snow melted, jury duty ended and I had to go back to work... then I saw Nate's t-shirts and busted out laughing at the shabingus polo. That word needs to be on wikipedia like the lancers need a d-lineman. Yeah, evan... i use the word shabingus much like the word "traveshamockery" from the ol' beer commercial. Its a travesty, a sham and a mockery... a travishamockery!!! I'll let the proud father(s?) of that word be the one to actually define it but many a days I've exclaimed something to be shabingus than shamefully have to explain what I am talking about and that the word came from a blog. But I digress. Good to be back.

Posted by: Dorf | February 27, 2007 8:38 AM | Report abuse

My wife is a professional designer (shameless plug: www.boldprintdesign.com). Not sure what I would have to do to get her involved as our biz is crazy busy right now and we have a 6 week old, but Im sure she could work up some killer designs. I would suggest throwing the logo on the shirts too, and a lancer of course. Let me know if we could be of some help and I will work out how I can compensate her time. Not trying to step on any toes Nate, the shirts rock!

Posted by: monkalicious | February 27, 2007 8:43 AM | Report abuse

For those who are interested, NFL.com has the results of the linebackers, and the defensive lineman from the combine. Its under combine results from Monday. Carriker has some pretty impressive stats. If possible, I'd like to see us trade back and gain more picks, and get this guy. Just my 2 cents.

Posted by: Greg(Boston) | February 27, 2007 8:45 AM | Report abuse

Definition of newcomer
One who changes blog post names to accomodate ones multiple personalitys

Posted by: Dr Phil | February 27, 2007 8:48 AM | Report abuse

ITA

Posted by: Blog Captain | February 27, 2007 9:00 AM | Report abuse

T-Shirt Idea

"Fear the Reaper"

Posted by: Skinz | February 27, 2007 9:04 AM | Report abuse

what is smack to the back of the head?

Posted by: dan | February 27, 2007 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Blog Captain
You must think the other 5 bloggers are not smart enough to ITA negative Posts? And by posting under a different post name you need to come lay on my couch?

Posted by: Dr Phil | February 27, 2007 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Reaper Madness

Posted by: etrod | February 27, 2007 9:08 AM | Report abuse

What's the big deal about Carriker? I'm not a huge fan of workout guys, if that was a true indicator of success we'd be watching Tony Mandrich and Mamula's HOF inductions right now.

Posted by: Skinz | February 27, 2007 9:10 AM | Report abuse

We have to have an ITA t-shirt, too.

Posted by: etrod | February 27, 2007 9:11 AM | Report abuse

thanks for the edumacation. I'll start including the word in my daily lexicon. It might take me awhile, much like Borat trying to master the finer points of English.

How 'bout "I am so shabingus today... It's veerrrryyy niiiiice, yes?

Posted by: evan | February 27, 2007 9:16 AM | Report abuse

T-shirt front

RI Insider

T-shirt back

Your source for keen insights and honest fantasy football administration since 1997

Adam

Posted by: EaglesFan | February 27, 2007 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Shambingus=code for the redskins front office playbook 0ver the last 6years.

combine my boy Tim Shaw ran 4.51

like the shirts

I can't beleive that with the skins sitting at #6 in a draft loaded with DE's we are think about bringing in Strahan. Please stay where you are or move down,no sudden sharp or foolish moves.

Posted by: Old School | February 27, 2007 9:22 AM | Report abuse

shirt

"Football is my religion"

Posted by: Old School | February 27, 2007 9:26 AM | Report abuse

NFLN's Mayock now has Carriker rated higher than Jamaal Anderson... so I'm not sure how much further down you can go.

Posted by: cload and daggar | February 27, 2007 9:29 AM | Report abuse

I love JLaC's suggestion with the spelling joke......I basically want one of each of these ideas....

I agree a logo would be choice...

And I have never posted under anything but Chris Larry....I come correct...

F unsigned posts

Posted by: chris Larry | February 27, 2007 10:06 AM | Report abuse

If we get Strahan....well I can't be held responsible for my actions.....

F that reporter threatening, loud mouth, gap toothed, tained sack record holder, public divorce, back page addict!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: chris Larry | February 27, 2007 10:12 AM | Report abuse

I only post as my self. I've got no time for Jibba Jabba.

Posted by: Mr. T. | February 27, 2007 10:12 AM | Report abuse

You sure had time for "Jibba Jabba" last night, and damn it felt good.

Come on back over, you left your panties on the floor.

Posted by: Michael Strahan | February 27, 2007 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Nice work on the shirts Nate, they are pretty cool. Graphics would be a nice touch nice also, but something simple.

Shabingus. As it is also my favorite shirt I will add that I have used it in conversation before and gotten this response: "I don't know what that word means, but yes, it is totally messed up."

AMTTS: wordsmith.

Posted by: WrongDog | February 27, 2007 10:22 AM | Report abuse

We should learn from the Giants signing LaVar that we don't need to sign Strahan. He only played 6-7 games last year.........

I'm fine with Brunell as the back up for all I'm concerned.

Posted by: 4th | February 27, 2007 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Mmmmmm you look mighty cute in them jeans Strahan. Did you buy them at the GAP?

I'm coming back over later with my Clubber Lang trunks on. Look for the black van.

Posted by: Mr. T. | February 27, 2007 10:36 AM | Report abuse

I'm so turned on already. Can't wait. We'll make sweet music tonight.

Posted by: Michael Strahan | February 27, 2007 10:43 AM | Report abuse

I am immensely enjoy the funny jokings of the negro homosexuals. We are not having such comedies in Kazakhstan.

It is the, how you say? Shabingus, yes?

Posted by: Borat | February 27, 2007 10:43 AM | Report abuse

there is something deeply disturbing going on between Mr T and Mr G(ap). could we possibly curtail this and have you guys get a room?

Posted by: etrod | February 27, 2007 10:45 AM | Report abuse

and wouldn't Michael Strahan make thweet muthic?

Posted by: etrod | February 27, 2007 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Say, any of you turd burglers know where I could get a tasty bowl of pasta with tomato sauce?

Posted by: daveb55 | February 27, 2007 10:54 AM | Report abuse

yesterday I came out with Marcus Patten call, hoping that our newest (rumored) MLB would be a better fit than the old.

Today we go retro with the Alvin Walton reference in relation to last years safety (actual) signing. Hoping this year we can find a role for a safety who can hit but can't cover

Posted by: Old School | February 27, 2007 10:55 AM | Report abuse

OK,OK

Nate - excellent. You deserve a double hug *hugs hugs*

I love all the suggestions and will wait until some type of Redskin logo can be found on one or more. Think about it ... a Redskin Insider logo above Shabingus ... will draw curiosity and questions from Skin fans world-wide that do not know about RI.

How about a URL also, like:

*hugs* to everyone.

Posted by: SallieMae | February 27, 2007 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Man, Alvin Walton was one of my favorites back in the day. I lived down the street from his nephew and got to meet him a few times. Never once wrapped on a tackler or covered anyone, but he could drop the hammer.

Posted by: etrod | February 27, 2007 11:12 AM | Report abuse

I idolized Matt Bowen growing up....

Posted by: Archibingus | February 27, 2007 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Strahan to the Skins? Not just another pretty face.

Posted by: dcsween | February 27, 2007 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Franklin Farm Etrod?

Posted by: Anonymous | February 27, 2007 11:19 AM | Report abuse

If AMMTS does check in, I'd like to get a read on shabinguent (adj.) and shabingusly (adv.).

Based on scuttleback across the interwebs this AM, it seems like the big action on vets moving around the NFL is not going to be from free agency, but rather through trades. Too many teams are franchise tagging and few teams are going to let the free agent market operate to set prices (exceptions for Skins/Dockery and Ravens/Thomas).

Bumming that Carriker jumps ahead of the other two ... if only b/c prior to the Combine, the Skins could have traded down for him and a CB. Now, for me, he becomes the reason to stick and pick with #6. Of the allegedly deep class of speed rushing DEs, he is the one who also has the rush stopping abilities. I've seen him labeled as a DE in 3-4 ... kind of a tweener for DE/DT in 4-3. If he's got explosive split times in the 40 (based on his times at 10 ande 20), I definitely think he would be my pick if I were the GM.

Also, glad to see Megskin back (from Ottawa!).

Posted by: dcsween | February 27, 2007 11:26 AM | Report abuse

One of the nuggets that Jason dropped at the Ugly Mug was that, of the WaPo blogs, Redskins has the third highest number of monthly (new?) hits from distant web addresses, after a political site (maybe Cilizza's The Fix) and a celebrity site, both of which have 2-3 years in action prior to RI.

Bottom line: I'm guessing that faithful lurkers outnumber posters by something like 5 to 10 times.

Posted by: dcsween | February 27, 2007 11:31 AM | Report abuse

typed 'distant,' meant 'distinct'

Posted by: dcsween | February 27, 2007 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Nate: Great job. Also like Jason's suggestion.

Posted by: Mad Dog | February 27, 2007 11:43 AM | Report abuse

I am a big fan of Daveb55... he gets me every time. Very good comedic timing a la the Marx Brothers. Well done.

So Megskin is in Canadia? Welcome back, eh?

Posted by: Dorf | February 27, 2007 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Wow, the RI is purring like a kitten... i clicked on Submit and BAM there it was. Nice work to all the WaPo tech nerds. I salute you.

Posted by: Dorf | February 27, 2007 11:48 AM | Report abuse

It's cold in Ottawa (yuck), was hoping to see Archubingus, Boonell and Holdman up here--no such luck...yet.

For you Pepper Rodgers fans: he's doing well in the CryoVat(tm), he should be thawed out and ready to go in time for spring training.

No luck on hunting down what the aliens did with the real Grilliams, the trail has gone...cold. Looks like its time to call in Scully and Mulder.

Posted by: Megskin | February 27, 2007 11:50 AM | Report abuse

SallieMae,

*hugs*, can you absolve my student loan please?

Posted by: monkalicious | February 27, 2007 11:59 AM | Report abuse

If we don't sign Dock, this guy fits the bill perfectly. He's 35, so I'm thinking a 7 year deal with $11 million guaranteed sounds about par for the course.

Posted by: 4-12 | February 27, 2007 12:01 PM | Report abuse

OMG hilarious! Mine too please....

Posted by: chris Larry | February 27, 2007 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Hey Megskin -

While you're in Canada, if you see Ann Angel, could you say "hello" for me. A very nice talent from the country above.

Posted by: Bangbros | February 27, 2007 12:04 PM | Report abuse

A bit too nipply out for that, sorry Bang.

Posted by: Megskin | February 27, 2007 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Not from Franklin Farm, from down in the 'burg (Fredericks, that is). They would have like 4 family reunions a year and he'd come down and hang out with his family up the street and my boy JT would call me and give me a heads up. I'd go hang out and try to blend in, not easy as I was the only white kid there. This is back around 86,87.

That family could crank out some safties. George Coghill, formerly of the Broncos, fit in the family tree there somewhere as well. He was from the burg and I got to see him a lot when he was in High School at James Monroe.

Ah, memories.

Posted by: etrod | February 27, 2007 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Timmerman is not the first name on my list of OLGs, but it does show that there are going to be some acceptable possibilities out there.
Dockery is clearly interested in testing the market (and I can't blame him for that). It'll be interesting to see what offers he gets; if the other, better OGs get solid contracts early, somebody may be willing to pay more than the skins will. (I won't call that overpay, because only the skins overpay.)
I'm a little surprised that they didn't tender the minimum offer to Molinaro -- maybe they get him back for a bit less, but he's all the depth they have right now.

Posted by: cload and daggar | February 27, 2007 12:56 PM | Report abuse

can you absolve my student loan please?
Posted by: monkalicious | February 27, 2007 11:59 AM

OK,OK

*snort* and to think of all the out-of-work comedians ... and here you are.

*hugs*

Posted by: Anonymous | February 27, 2007 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Oops - forgot to sign

*hugs*

Posted by: SallieMae | February 27, 2007 1:07 PM | Report abuse

A few random thoughts...
Glad to see Loseable Type is back to what passes for normal. Whenever you have problems, you can post your complaint or email me.
Wondering what the total is at the moment? Me, too. it's 32,995.
I like Jason's idea for a shirt -- or shrit -- but we must be very very careful about logos and such. The NFL has a cadre of Stepford lawyers just combing the Internets for any use of their stuff. And I'm surprised that no one has come down on the Bog stuff for their use of athletes' images.

Posted by: Cindy | February 27, 2007 1:11 PM | Report abuse

I have a toothless image.

Posted by: Michael Strahan | February 27, 2007 1:16 PM | Report abuse

What was the goal by draft day?

Posted by: jm220 | February 27, 2007 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Megskin, I missed the reason for your whereabouts in JohnCandyland... whats with Ottowa? If have been missed here, but Lisa, sfskin and salliemae have been holding it down.

we need weekend blog minutes on monday mornings.

Posted by: Dorf | February 27, 2007 1:23 PM | Report abuse

That's a lot of comments. Nice work. Now we need some News to really take the new improved blog on a test drive.

Yep, on the shirts we've gotta avoid anything that might be in trademark/copyright/lawsuit territory. So no Redskins logo. Anything dicey would put our hosts Jason and Cindy in an awkward position, which is not cool.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 27, 2007 1:23 PM | Report abuse

50K, right
32,998

Posted by: 4th | February 27, 2007 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Thanks 4th.

Posted by: jm220 | February 27, 2007 1:27 PM | Report abuse

33,000!

Posted by: 4-12 | February 27, 2007 1:27 PM | Report abuse

The Ottawa reference reminds me of that awful /good movie "Canadian Bacon," when John Candy (I think as a sheriff) invaded Canada over some minor dispute, and upon capturing a Mountie played by Steven Wright, demands that they go to the capital.

When Wright says the capitol is Ottawa, Candy laughs hysterically and says something like "Ottawa's not the capital of Canada, it's Toronto!" A funny sequence -- this line from a dumb American spoken by a proud Canadian actor -- in a middling movie.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 27, 2007 1:27 PM | Report abuse

OK,OK

Nate said, we've gotta avoid anything that might be in trademark/copyright/lawsuit territory. So no Redskins logo. Anything dicey would put our hosts Jason and Cindy in an awkward position, which is not cool.

Goes to reinforce what I've been saying here all along ... much smarter people here than lil ol me. Good catch, Nate

*hugs*

Posted by: SallieMae | February 27, 2007 1:36 PM | Report abuse

OK, who killed the stock market today?

Posted by: 4-12 | February 27, 2007 1:39 PM | Report abuse

The Chinese did

Posted by: .. | February 27, 2007 1:41 PM | Report abuse

What did they do, anonymous person?

Posted by: 4-12 | February 27, 2007 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Could we get a likeness of a spear on the sleeve? I think that would add to the RI shirts nicely... or does Snyder own all likenesses to spears as well?

Posted by: Dorf | February 27, 2007 1:53 PM | Report abuse

attn: Cindy

The light bulb that illuminates the WaPo snow gauge at night has burned out.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 27, 2007 1:56 PM | Report abuse

DORF - DO NOT READ

Can we discuss 24 now???

Posted by: 4th | February 27, 2007 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Sean Taylor killed the stock market. While flipping through the channels looking for Full House reruns, he caught 3 seconds of CNBC desribing New York as Bearish. Without thinking twice he destroyed it in the hopes of taking out Shockey, Pennington and Grossman all at once.

Posted by: etrod | February 27, 2007 1:57 PM | Report abuse

The stock market should know better than to try a fake punt in the pro bowl.

Posted by: SMACK | February 27, 2007 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: .. | February 27, 2007 2:01 PM | Report abuse

and I'm not anonymous person ... I'm dot dot ..

Posted by: .. | February 27, 2007 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Dorf: He probably doesn't own the likeness of the young, bald, singer currently in rehab.

Posted by: Mad Dog | February 27, 2007 2:03 PM | Report abuse

GNOME GNEWS
I have delivered Kyle, the gnome Charlie sent last week, to Matt Gray of the dotcom sports staff. He'll pass it along to the guy in whose backyard the ruler -- er, highly sensitive measuring device -- and snow cam are located. I'll also mention that he might wanna leave on the porch light at night.

Posted by: Cindy | February 27, 2007 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Wait, you're not anonymous, your handle is two-thirds of an ellipsis. Interesting, and subtle.

How is that pronounced? Dot dot?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 27, 2007 2:03 PM | Report abuse

The stock market should know better than to try a fake punt in the pro bowl.

LMAO! Classic Smack

Posted by: jm220 | February 27, 2007 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Nate - you can call me dotie

Posted by: .. | February 27, 2007 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Dot-dot! I like it!!!
Let's do discuss "24." I'm losing my patience with it. I caught "The State Within" on the Beeb recently and it reminded me of how smart "24" used to be. I think it's out on DVD now; you should pick it up. The star is Lucious Malfoy from "Harry Potter."

Posted by: Cindy | February 27, 2007 2:06 PM | Report abuse

.. is "I"

Posted by: Morse Code | February 27, 2007 2:09 PM | Report abuse

24 has been relegated to DVR Tuesdays for me. This may be unpopular with the blog but Monday is now Heroes night in the etrod homestead.

Posted by: etrod | February 27, 2007 2:09 PM | Report abuse

DORF - CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION

I bet he reads it anyway.

So, lets guess who's dead.

Terriosts urned stright guy from Syriana - Dead

President - Alive

Everyone else - Dead

24 can't take another PR hit by again killing off so many prominant Brothas.

Posted by: 4th | February 27, 2007 2:10 PM | Report abuse

If the allow LBP to die and Logan to be a savior. I am done with the show. Jack should have went mid evil on Logan.

Posted by: jm220 | February 27, 2007 2:11 PM | Report abuse

.. is "I"
Posted by: Morse Code | February 27, 2007 02:09 PM

Someone understood too quickly !!!

Posted by: .. | February 27, 2007 2:16 PM | Report abuse

I can play too.

Posted by: ..- | February 27, 2007 2:18 PM | Report abuse

"Thank you thank you, you've far to kind" - Jay-Z

I think Megskin and eaglesfan did a pretty good job. Megskin, if there was a scholarship for looking up past entries and quoting them on new ones, you'd be a D1 all-american.

I will take a swing at a wikepedia definition. I'm going to use the suggestions.

Posted by: ArtMonkToTheSticks | February 27, 2007 2:18 PM | Report abuse

So, are the guys who are trying to kill LBP the same people that killed Walt form last year (he was 'presumed hang')? That's what its looking like.

Also, I almost called out my wife saying what Chloe was doing to Morris, she would do to me. I was cussing Chloe out when she stepped into the bathroom. GIVE A BROTHA OME ROOM.....

Posted by: 4th | February 27, 2007 2:20 PM | Report abuse

CAUTION TO DORF DO NOT READ

The bomb only had a 10 foot killing radius so I would guess only the former terrorist Assad bit the bullet. The same undercover dude probably killed Walt last season.

Posted by: james63k | February 27, 2007 2:25 PM | Report abuse

alvin walton? we thought you meant johnboy walton!

sincerely,
redskins front office

Posted by: shabbyfan | February 27, 2007 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Dorf, do not read:

I think Assad jumped about 11 feet, 2 inches from the podium. If Audrey's dad can survive a Toonces-like plunge off a cliff, this bomb is nothing.

Posted by: Cindy | February 27, 2007 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Don't blame the Chinese for the stock market plunge today. The finger of blame (as always) can be pointed squarely at the ultra-greedy investment community, to wit:

An economist reports the latest "key" trend. An "analyst" translates the potential effect of the trend to the stock market, and recommends that his/her clients sell their positions in certain stocks or market baskets. Market insiders with advance or immediate knowledge of the information sell their holdings at a profit. As the market price(s) begins to decline, automatic trading programs for large institutional investors initiate computerized "sell" orders. The market slide begins to accelerate and "panic" on the "street" results in selling in related sectors. Prices continue to drop until moderating influences (better news) begin to kick in.

At the end of the day, many of those who caused the initial panic buy back the stocks they sold in the morning at a significantly reduced rate. Their efforts for the day results in a profit equal to the difference between the selling price in the morning and the purchase price in the afternoon. At the same time, the automatic trading programs have also initiated "buy" orders to establish new stock positions with a lower dollar basis. When the stocks reverse trend and go back up again tomorrow, they all make additional profits on the short-term gain.

As usual, the independent investor (you) gets screwed by "market forces" over which you have no control, and which move more quickly than the media can report them to you. Meanwhile, the "pros" are gambling on the outcome, buying and selling future positions (options) at a profit while you desperately try to save your underfunded 401K.

The "game" is fixed, much like the casino games in Vegas. Invest (gamble) at your own risk.

Posted by: Adam Smith | February 27, 2007 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Nice mid 80's SNL pull, cyn-city.

Posted by: etrod | February 27, 2007 2:29 PM | Report abuse

oh, and please feel free to use the team logo. i've always been a fan...

the kid owner

Posted by: shabbyowner | February 27, 2007 2:30 PM | Report abuse

can we get a boat logo for when Smoot comes back?

Posted by: tampadave | February 27, 2007 2:31 PM | Report abuse

This is a great idea. Thanks NATE!

Posted by: Lavar Walt Clark | February 27, 2007 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Ooooooh, a boat logo!!!
I can't claim credit for the Toonces reference; Tim Goodman of the SF Chronicle wrote it on his classic 24 blog it last year.

Posted by: Cindy | February 27, 2007 2:36 PM | Report abuse

DORF - YOU KNOW THE DEAL

Has JAck NOT LERANED his lesson about going into Chinese consulants or WHAT!!

FOOTBALL RELATED MATTERS BELOW (Sort of)

Any one hear the recoreded conversation of the convicted drug Dealer talking about PacMan Jones? This is how you know Pac MAn is an idiot when Drug Kingpins are trying to tell you to slow down.

Clip from the news report is as follows (Very Very Taling):

"We gotta slow down, man. We gotta get him focused on football, man. He's focused on too much other s****," Moore said.

NewsChannel 5 obtained wiretapped phone conversations between Moore and his friends. In one conversation he talked about Jones throwing his money into gambling, putting thousands of dollars on college games to make a quick buck.

Moore, a convicted Felon now facing another round of hard time, actually worried Jones was spiraling out of control.

Moore said he cared about his friend and how all of his habit could affect his career.

"You know, I was talkin' to him the other day about smokin', and he was like man, if I didn't smoke I couldn't take all the stress that I'm dealing with right now,'" Moore said.

Moore also talked about Titans Head Coach Jeff Fisher who he said visited Jones at home.

"Fisher's being as patient as a m*****f***** as he can. Fisher gotta win. Fisher trying to win...He ain't putting up with that s***," Moore said.

The Titans have said in the past they've talked to Jones. Lawyers and judges have certainly counseled him as well.

"He gotta concentrate on season...that ******* drug test coming up," he said. "We telling him he needed 33 days before he took his ******* test; dry-out, and he didn't...that's let me know right there that he ain't taking his ****** job serious."

Posted by: 4th | February 27, 2007 2:39 PM | Report abuse

The boat logo should be a cartoonish football-shaped boat with its hull pierced by a red lance. "S. S. Shabingus" should be posted clearly on its prow.

Posted by: Gen. Colbert | February 27, 2007 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for all the warnings, hopefully I'll watch it this afternoon...

Gen. Colbert! YES!

Posted by: Dorf | February 27, 2007 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Ok, somebody with graphic design skillz PLEASE draw the S.S. Shabingus and send me an image. I beg you. Whether or not we sign Smootie, we must have this on a shirt.

I have a few ideas from you guys in the bullpen and will be expanding the store... as soon as my work schedule allows. Really appreciate all the interest.

AMTTS, my original design for the Shabingus tee attributed this brilliant word to you on the back, "Posted by: ArtMonkToTheSticks", but I pulled it since I couldn't reach you for approval. Happy to put it back so you get rightful credit.

I love this blog.

And now back to your regularly scheduled '24' debrief.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 27, 2007 2:46 PM | Report abuse

I too am worried about Pacman Jones. He seems to be spiraling out of control. If he keeps it up, i don't even want him down here. Too hard to control.

Posted by: Satan | February 27, 2007 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Cindy,

Toonces comment was classic.

Posted by: Skinz | February 27, 2007 3:13 PM | Report abuse

... --- ...

Posted by: Anonymous | February 27, 2007 3:15 PM | Report abuse

--. . - / .- / .-.. .. ..-. . / -.-. --- -.. . / -... --- -.--

Posted by: Anonymous | February 27, 2007 3:21 PM | Report abuse

-... -.-- .- .-.. .-.. -- . .- -. ... -.-- --- ..- ..-. .. .-. ... -!

Posted by: Anonymous | February 27, 2007 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Stop it...please.

According to several websites, we've already struck a deal with ButcherBakerSandwichmaker.

Posted by: PSF | February 27, 2007 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Though "Werewolves of London" is high on my guilty listening pleasures list, I've taken to referring to this newest beneficiary of the Skins' deep pockets as 'London School of Economics.'

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 27, 2007 3:40 PM | Report abuse

::ttjjjjffffGGGGDDEEEEWWDDWWWWKKLLff;;
      ..jjffDDDDKKWWWW####WWWWWWWWWW######WWKK..
  ;;iittDD################WWWWWW######WW####WWLL
ffEELLLLWW##################WWWW######WWDDEEWWWW;;
        iiKKWWKKKKDDLLffjjjjLLttiiii;;..    ..ff..

Posted by: Megskin | February 27, 2007 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Hey, does the WP snowcam also track falling venture capitalists?

I think we're like 3 deep over here in Arlington; you may want to be extra careful on your drive home.

Adam

Posted by: EaglesFan | February 27, 2007 3:45 PM | Report abuse

I think the Canadian winter may have just driven Megskin around the bend.

Adam

Posted by: EaglesFan | February 27, 2007 3:46 PM | Report abuse

,::.::::.            / `.
       ;::        `.         (  ,--.
       ,;           :   _,--'"\/""-.\_
      ,:             `./ ,---./( O )) `;
      ;  `.           _,'    (  `-' ) /_.
      ;   :         ,'        \    , (o\\
       ;  :         \  \-.  -.__--'   \' )
       ;  ;         /\ (    `-._`-._   \/
        ';,        ; : |      -.`._'\   `.
          ;       ;  : `-.,-..  )  \'\   ^.
           ;     ;   `.__   )))\ ) (`.\    \
            ;   ;        `-`///(, \ \ \)  ,ooo.
             ;,;      ;     ``  ))))_;'(  88888p
              ;      ;         ((-='--',-,Y8888'
              ;     :         ;     ,:'-'  `"'
               ;     `        ;      |
                ;      (_   __   _,-'
                 `---.   ;"(,-' /                              ____
                     \ (__/\\_`-.-.                     _____/
                    ,(( '/\/\/\`-;;))             ______//
                   ((\''/\/\/\/\/\/`/\      _____/  ____/
                   /'/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)  __/  _____/
                  (\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\_/ _/ ___/
                   `-|""--"-.___,--'|-'__/
                     |              | /
                     |         __,--'
                     _\,----""'

Posted by: Megskin | February 27, 2007 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Is that Megskin's vision of the logo for the S.S. Shabingus?

Posted by: 4-12 | February 27, 2007 3:49 PM | Report abuse

It does look alittle like Popeye the Sailorman

Posted by: Mad Dog | February 27, 2007 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Actually, given the current personnel shabingas the Skins find themselves at the moment, I would think 'London Bridge Over Troubled Waters' would be more appropriate. That way, when he suffers the very certain likelihood of getting injured, we can change his name to 'London Bridge Is Falling Down'....

Megskin, you tease!

Posted by: FlimFlam | February 27, 2007 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Guessing that wasn't Megskin with the reference to the Canadian Ballet? Just seems so out of character.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 27, 2007 3:52 PM | Report abuse

"This too will pass."

Impermanence is central to Buddhism, and in fact can be made the central point of anyone's personal philosophy as he or she goes through life. If we take the time to think - the world that we know is impermanent. In fact we ourselves are impermanent. We are not the same persons that we were 20 years back. All the cells in our body, our appearance, our personality, our feelings and emotions, our problems all have changed. Thich Naht Hanh - the Zen Buddhist master - encourages us to think of ourselves as waves in the ocean. The chief characteristic of a waves is its transitory nature - it lasts but a moment and so do we. We will all die one day and then it will be as if we had never existed.

Posted by: not loco | February 27, 2007 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Was just listening to a Grateful Dead version of "Werewolves." Didn't feel guilty about it at all and am hoping LFB provides as much entertainment blowing up ball carriers in the fall.

Posted by: cdubb | February 27, 2007 3:58 PM | Report abuse

>>> "Impermanence is central to Buddhism"

Central tenet to my personal philosophy as well. Of course, numerous shrinks and girlfriends have told me that this philosophy manifests itself as emotional detachment and a distinct lack of empathy in relationships. Whatever. This above all, to thine ownself be true, and all that jazz.

The stock market kicked my butt today as well. Ugh.

Posted by: P Diddy | February 27, 2007 4:27 PM | Report abuse

I think "24" has totally gone off the deep-end this year.

I'm with etrod..."Heroes" is the Monday night show to watch. Last night's was absolutely positively brilliant. Best hour of televison I've seen since season 3 of the West Wing. I'm addicted to that show.

Posted by: P Diddy | February 27, 2007 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Gents and Ladies. It's official (at least until it gets deleted). Take a gander and add as you see fit!

Posted by: ArtMonkToTheSticks | February 27, 2007 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Diddy- It was brutal. Any cash lying around, look for buying opportunities tomorrow.

Posted by: 4-12 | February 27, 2007 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Brilliant, AMTTS, brilliant.

Can J-La's wikipedia page be far behind?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 27, 2007 4:38 PM | Report abuse

We need a wikipedia page for RI now.

Posted by: Megskin | February 27, 2007 4:42 PM | Report abuse

JLaC has a new post up with the latest free agent news....

Posted by: 4-12 | February 27, 2007 4:43 PM | Report abuse

That's Mr. ultra- greedy investment community, P.H.D to you, Mr. Smith!!!!

Posted by: us | February 27, 2007 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Cindy - "Lucious Malfoy" - was that a Freudian slip? Jason Issacs is yummy, faux blond wig or no. Deliciously evil :)

Nate - love the "Super-Smart" women's tee - after I have this kid I might get one (wouldn't be able to wear it right now!)

Posted by: bandwagon blues | February 28, 2007 12:24 PM | Report abuse

sacjl emos yhlsx qibmkhcdr oybdkcmls gkidpqyc rsmyopa

Posted by: ftnrxjbk cboryg | March 6, 2007 8:01 PM | Report abuse

yxri uykibspgm xoya krcwxnia iahuqzmf iadbkvfo vqokelibr http://www.uehgr.qcntl.com

Posted by: lcxwzeysj adcbs | March 6, 2007 8:01 PM | Report abuse