Calling All Club Level Peeps

I've been getting a lot of emails about this and thought I'd see what people were saying about this topic. I guess a lot of people have 10-year club level seats, and the contracts are up. Given the state of frutsration among many in Redskins Nation, I was wondering if people are having second thoughts, or going back and forth with the team over the decision, as some have indicated to me.

Anyone who's cool with speaking about the situation for a possible story, please send an email to me - lacanforaj@washpost.com. I

-0-

In other news, our pals who went to N'Orleans tell me they're all set with tickets and ready to cheer on the Skins from The Superdome Sunday. Will post more from them when I get it.

Cheers.

By Jason La Canfora  |  December 13, 2006; 2:00 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: We've Got (Reggie) Bush. We've Got (Reggie) Bush.
Next: A Tale of Two Teams

Comments

I'm definitely not renewing. I'd rather buy one-offs on eBay and get Seahawks and Chargers season tix. I'd say it's a combination of the 'Skins sucking and the TSA conspiring against my get in/get out travel philosophy. It's just too hard to fly commercial in the US these days.

I won't comment on the record, though :-)

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Do our pals have online content we can follow? (video links, website, personal blog?) I would love to keep track of them this weekend.

Jason, nice article today, didn't realize it but it was the featured sports article in the daily news record here in Harrisonburg. The DNR didn't give you any props though, it just said "washington post" on it. Congrats, you beat out high school girls basketball, a title IX article and Mike Wise's NHL article. Hot business.

Posted by: Dorf | December 13, 2006 2:12 PM | Report abuse

I'm not renewing. Sucks getting to and from the stadium. Tired of the inconsistent product on the field. And definitely tired of the large % of opposing NFC East fans- you seriously have to be ready for a fight with NY/PHI/DAL fans when you go to those games.

Posted by: Richard Cranium | December 13, 2006 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Oh, should also add that I am very, very, very, very tired of the drunks at the games. They ruin it for everyone. Now, I'm obviously an avowed alcoholic and I love drinking great booze and getting magically drunk. But there's a time and place. And these boorish, insensitive jerks make it a horrible game experience.

I should add that having been to 11 NFL stadiums this season, this is prevalent everywhere. And from my experience, is prevalent in every sports venue, from the NBA to NCAA.

There seems to be a distinct lack of civility and manners among many people in public places.

Or maybe I'm just an old fart now.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Ted Lerner is thinking about not renewing. Same with one of his friends close by whoe is a big deal in DC. It costs them about $8500 per game and they have lost interest. It's a 10-year deal and after year three they can opt out or else they get locked in. So they are opting out. It took me 3 hours to get out of the parking lot Sunday.

DCU Fan...you idiot. You just have no clue. Where's the big new stadium? Any idea why we don't have one? Is it because we are filling up the stands at RFK? Is that why?

Posted by: The Governor | December 13, 2006 2:21 PM | Report abuse

I haven't received the call yet, but a lot of my other ticket holder buddies have... they are really trying to push these club seats, aren't they?

Let me think, Danny Boy...

A. $5200 a year for tickets and parking to see a losing team, including 2 pre-season games, and 4-5 meaningless games in Nov and Dec

OR

B. $2100 a year for my current tickets and parking pass to see a losing team, 2 pre-season games, and 4-5 meaningless games in Nov and Dec

OR

C. Don't renew my season tickets, which allows me to 1) by-pass buying both pre-season games, 2) by-pass buying meaningless football games in Nov and Dec, and 3) go to the games I want by buying $10 seats in the parking lot before the game. Total cost = $200/year tops.

Convince me WHY we should go YOUR route, Danny Boy...

Forget the club seats, why should an average Joe like me even renew my upper level tickets?

Posted by: Ricky Bobby | December 13, 2006 2:26 PM | Report abuse

3 hours to get out of the parking lot? Yikes! Are you serious? It has never taken me more than 10 minutes to get out of the lot. Without traffic, I'm about 15 minutes from the stadium. After games, I get from my seat in FedEx to my seat in my living room in about 30-35 minutes.

Posted by: JustMe | December 13, 2006 2:28 PM | Report abuse

F the Club Level in the A with a wrench and a pair of pliers. I hate everything it stands for. As the late/great Red Auerbach said: 'The game should be entertainment enough'.

Posted by: ArtMonkToTheSticks | December 13, 2006 2:36 PM | Report abuse

GOVERNOR: Actually DCU doesn't have a stadium yet because they couldn't get any land in DC to build it on. They didn't want to move it out to the 'burbs in MD or VA. And now they've actually pretty much gotten the Poplar Point land all but wrapped up and should begin construction in the not too distant future. Look for either 2008 or 2009 for our stadium. And from talking to DCU team officials this past month down in Dallas for the MLS Cup they've assured me that DCU's new stadium will blow all the other new soccer stadiums out of the water. Again, get your facts straight before you post. It only makes you look like a complete fool.

Posted by: DCU fan | December 13, 2006 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Also Governor. How bout you go and check the attendance figures for all the teams in MLS. Guess who'll be right up there at the top. That's right DCU. Case in point. This past 1st round playoff series against NY Red Bulls. Did you catch that home/home series? Up in the Meadowlands they drew like 6,000-8,000 for a playoff game. The following week when the same two teams played again in DC they drew 19,000-21,000 fans. Once again, get your facts straight before you post.

Posted by: DCU fan | December 13, 2006 2:42 PM | Report abuse

A blog fight about soccer? What's next? A fight about toast?

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of stadiums, can anyone confirm or deny the rumors I have heard about Danny wanting to build a new stadium at the RFK site (in 2010) and profit from developing the land at FedEX? Thanks. I have heard this 3 times this months and am hopeful it would be true.

Posted by: DC | December 13, 2006 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Jelly Doughnut?

Posted by: bangbros | December 13, 2006 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Governor: Here are the attendance figures for DCU, year by year. From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_United#Average_attendance

1996: 15,262/18,946
1997: 16,698/20,202
1998: 16,008/14,903
1999: 17,419/12,647
2000: 18,580/missed playoffs
2001: 21,518/missed playoffs
2002: 16,519/missed playoffs
2003: 15,565/15,202
2004: 17,232/18,842
2005: 16,664/20,089
2006: 18,215/20,504

Looks to me like they were doing pretty good attendance wise before Adu showed up.

Posted by: DCU fan | December 13, 2006 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Jelly donuts are for sissies. Real men eat glazed.

The rumors about "Mr." Snyder building a stadium downtown are stupid. It won't happen. He mints money off FedEx. Why would he give up the parking concession so people can take Metro? The very economics of the downtown stadium idea make the rumor ludicrous.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Hey man don't diss toast, especially with jelly on it. mmmm good

Posted by: DCU fan | December 13, 2006 2:49 PM | Report abuse

P Diddy,

You fly commercial? What, no G4? BBE must be doing worse than I thought. I guess Da Band and Danity Kane ain't no Big Poppa.

Posted by: Learned Hand | December 13, 2006 2:49 PM | Report abuse

OK folks. Lets just calm down. Of course you're going to renew. For another 10 years. With built in escalation clauses in the contract. Why? Because you guys are suckers and going to come give us your hard earned money, even if the Skins bring back Jeff George and Skip Hicks.

But, we've got a special offer for YOU.

You buy a 10 year contract for club level seats at $300 a seat per game. You get....

1. Blue Lot parking at $150 a game (a steal!)

2. A plastic American Flag on the games closest to 9/11

3. The right to order food at twice the price from a serve who will come to your seats with some sort of electronic order taking device

4. Finally, a copy of "Top Gun" on Beta!

However, to buy these tickets for 10 years. We also will require you to buy season passes to all Six Flag parks on the East Coast. Also, you will be required to see every Tom Cruise movie twice in theaters.

Thanks for shopping with the Washington Redskins. Your Money is "OUR" Money

Hugs, not Drugs!

Karl

Posted by: ANDYMAN | December 13, 2006 2:49 PM | Report abuse

OK,OK

Wush U had a fresh Boston creme now ...

Hmmmm

Posted by: SallieMae | December 13, 2006 2:50 PM | Report abuse

My 'I' became a 'U' on previous ... Hmmmm

Posted by: SallieMae | December 13, 2006 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Ok ok your right. I'm sorry. I was ill-informed. Accept my most humble apologies.

Posted by: The Governor | December 13, 2006 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Bangros,

You crack me up, dude....

Have you ever heard of the inverted camel clutch?

Posted by: Ricky Bobby | December 13, 2006 2:52 PM | Report abuse

My brother and I are in year 4 of our lease for Club tickets. I don't really take advantage of the club level amenities b/c I actually go to the games TO WATCH THE GAME!!! The location of the seats is really good and that is the main reason I got them. I am actually surprised how many diehard fans are in the club level considering the steep price and how bad the team has been the last 15 years. However, I wish there were more diehard fans in the club level but I am afraid it will get worse with people giving up their tix. That makes more room for the idiots who show up at the game and sit the cigar bar or sports bar the whole game.

Posted by: PA Skins Fan | December 13, 2006 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Sadly, I do fly commercial. Though I have been known to hitch rides on private jets from time to time. Why, my Vegas trip a week ago was on a Citation X.

Anyone who is a frequent traveler knows just how stupid the TSA is, and just how incompetent our "Global War on Terrorism" is if it hinges on banning hair gel. Thankfully, I no longer make a living off having to be in an airport. Why do we as a country continue to elect illiterate imbeciles?

Alright, off my soapbox...

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Dudes are posting as me...bush league man.

Posted by: The Governor | December 13, 2006 2:54 PM | Report abuse

As an honorary Aussie, I can say with all officiousness that the only proper way to eat toast is with a generous helping of butter and a thin layer of Vegemite.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Andyman,

Hysterical.

I think the best thing about FedEx is seeing all the grandma's and long-time season ticket holders rotting in the upper deck along with me...

Based on seniority these die-hards should be sitting 50-yard line lower, but Danny puts them in the rafters because they won't buy $1,000 tailgate passes OR $5,000 club seats... sad.

Anyone who thinks Dan Snyder is "for the fans" should be taken to a hospital for mental evaluation.

Oh, and how about the free Redskinette calendar they were offering last week... ONLY CATCH.. you must first spend $75 at a store. What a joke this guy is.

Posted by: Ricky Bobby | December 13, 2006 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Ricky Bobby...I'm with you. Forget the raging rip off of the club level seats, J La C. Why in the world am I going to keep paying almost 2 grand for my nosebleeds at a lousy stadium, with a lousy parking situation, extraordinarily lousy food, and oh yeah, a lousy football team?! That famous waiting list will get much shorter this off-season.

Posted by: 4-12 | December 13, 2006 2:58 PM | Report abuse

SallieMae-
I know where you can get a great Boston Creme- but I'm warning ya it's extrememly messy!

Posted by: Richard Cranium | December 13, 2006 2:58 PM | Report abuse

DCU-for a soccer fan, I am astounded at your lack of insight in this matter. You are boasting about attendence figures in the 19,000 range? The MLS stinks. It was founded to give sub par American players a place to develop to strengthen our national program. Its nice that DC has had some good runs and the tens of fans that pack the stadium have been thrilled I'm sure.

But, to the casual soccer fan, the day to say decisions about what is best for DC United, or the Metrostars or any of the other nameless squads that toil in anonymity are irrelevant which leads to me to my next point.

The national program identified its future. Right or wrong, it was Adu. The concerns of 'what's best for DC United' are dwarfed in comparison for what is best for AMERICAN soccer (ie national team, notoriety of the sport, acceptance and endoresment by the casual fan). That means, from day 1 Adu plays and is groomed to be a future star. Now, if he fails, oh well, we were wrong and we try and find the next guy. But, for the sake of soccer in America, it cannot be because Jaime Moreno needed more touches in the midfield.

Instead, he is now destined to fade into the background and play in Europe thus robbing the country of a marketable star.

Being a DC fan and thinking about another MLS playoff run with the new sweet players we are bound to get is secondary at best to the concerns of a nation that desperately needed something positive from a large international stage. You know waht happened. We got bounced, Adu sat at home, and the future looks bleak.

I think the key here is for you to get it through your head that the MLS is not significant. It is nothing but a minor league system intended to develop a talent pool to feed the national program (aka the 'big leagues). I'm glad you support the squad but know that the idiots have totally screwed the pooch on this one.

Posted by: ArtMonkToTheSticks | December 13, 2006 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Who Knew? Washington's Chris Cooley leads all NFL tight ends in yards after the catch (293).

Posted by: 4th Floor | December 13, 2006 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Ricky Bobby and the boys ... maybe I missed it but did my friend Mr. Sanchez already post a comment today? You kids are crazy.

Anyone who is willing to talk about their ticket contract or whatever, shoot me an email.

Diddy, you only want to talk off the record? That's cool-io.
Change your mind about hitting The Big Easy yet?

Posted by: Jason La Canfora | December 13, 2006 3:01 PM | Report abuse

The new stadium idea originates from a DC council member (Jack Evans?) who wants to bring the team back to DC. DC was going build a new (super bowl caliber) stadium had it won the olypics bid. But they didn't and the Council is still trying to get the Skins back by any means. The land appreciation under FedEx is supposed to make it worthwhile to Danny.

Posted by: Jack Kent Cooke | December 13, 2006 3:02 PM | Report abuse

ArtMonk-
It took about a year to realize Adu is not the future of american soccer- not only is he NOT 17, he's not very good on a national/world level.

Posted by: ez e | December 13, 2006 3:03 PM | Report abuse

In regards to parking. I park at Landover Mall, only pay $20 and don't have to wait 3 hours to leave the parking lot. It's only a 20 minutes walk each way (enough time to down a few rum-n-cokes on the way to the stadium). Also, this past Sunday, I was at home in Rockville by 5 o'clock. And best of all, that $20 spent on parking DOES NOT GO TO DANNY SNYDER. Take that TomKat.

Posted by: "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan | December 13, 2006 3:04 PM | Report abuse

OK,OK

Wush U had a fresh Boston creme now ...

Hmmmm

Posted by: SallieMae | December 13, 2006 02:50 PM

I'll show you Boston creme

Posted by: Anonymous | December 13, 2006 3:06 PM | Report abuse

4-12,

The waiting list is 200,000 deep, right? You know, I may be stupid to keep buying tickets, but do they really think we're THAT stupid? If it's 200,000 deep, why are there still 10-15,000 empty seats every week? Why are there "visiting team returns" (aka unsold seats) EVERY week? If the demand is sooooooo high and you have sooooooo many people on said waiting list, how come you can buy a ticket to a game for $5 in the parking lot (probably $20 back in October)?

I'd love to see some of the names on that list. This is morbid, but I wouldn't doubt that Jack Palance and the guy from "Everybody Loves Raymond" are on the list 200 times a piece... oh, also 8 year old Timmy who wandered onto redskins.com.

LOVE THAT CHICKEN... FROM???????

That's right.....

POPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPeyes

Posted by: Ricky Bobby | December 13, 2006 3:06 PM | Report abuse

AMTTS: Do you really think Adu would've done ANYTHING to help the US this past world cup? The kid needs to, as someone else pointed out, add 50 pounds, learn how to shoot, stop being a primadonna, etc. Can you really see Adu going up against some of the players from Germany? Geez c'mon.

Posted by: DCU fan | December 13, 2006 3:09 PM | Report abuse

ez e, first off RIP man.

Second, we'll never know now. He came off the bench as a youngster. Tony Kornheiser made the same point i'm making now, 3 years ago on PTI. You have simply got to play him. They put the game on ESPN. They marketed him. They pumped it up as his debut. He play 13 minutes or something.

And if he really isnt' that good, I find it curious that he is in demand from Premier League teams and others. Seems to me they can acquire whomever they wish and would not be in the market for someone who isn't very good on a national level. Wasn't he an All-Star this past year?

Maybe he wouldn't have been great, maybe he would have been the man who really put soccer on the map in the US. Who knows? Now, there is just no way due to the reprehensible actions of DC United and MLS. Absurd that this was allowed to happen.

Posted by: ArtMonkToTheSticks | December 13, 2006 3:09 PM | Report abuse

JLa,

I'd be willing to talk, but Danny Boy would hunt me down like a thief in Singapore... first he'd beat me, then he'd tattoo me, then... well you know, he'd put my picture up at every gate in FedEx and never allow me back in... unless of course I signed up for a club level package and a bucket from POPPPPPPPPPPPPEYES!!!!!

Posted by: Ricky Bobby | December 13, 2006 3:10 PM | Report abuse

AMTTS: Also, how does that 19,000 attendance figure compare to say that of the Wizards and the Capitals? Hell, even that of the beloved Nats?

Posted by: DCU fan | December 13, 2006 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Ricky Bobby- LMAO! What is this stadium, Six Flags Lite? Enough with all the crappy in game marketing nonsense. And all the weekly emails about "visiting team returns"....probably more like "home team stinks and we have to protect our consecutive game sell-out streak returns"

Posted by: 4-12 | December 13, 2006 3:12 PM | Report abuse

I have to believe that the only reason people drive to the games is to tailgate. If you're not tailgating why suffer the aggravation of traffic, especially after the game when you're either drunk or mad about another loss or both.

If you live in Fairfax or far Montgomery, why not take Metro? It offers free parking on weekends (except at the Largo Towne Center lot) and a $5 roundtrip shuttle from the Landover station (free parking there as well). The shuttles have their own entrance and exit so exiting the lot after games takes two minutes. You'll both time and money.

An added bonus: Depending on the length of your train ride, your BAC will drop a bit before you get behind the wheel.

Posted by: W. Mata | December 13, 2006 3:12 PM | Report abuse

>>> "The new stadium idea originates from a DC council member"

The DC City Council had their chance around 14 years ago and blew it.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 3:13 PM | Report abuse

JlaC - Dirty sanchez has not showed up yet but Mr. Rusty Trombone just arrived.

Also, not sure if you are aware of the "Bangbus", but if you are, I went to highschool with "Sanchez".

Ricky Bobby - please explain the camel clutch!

Posted by: Bangbros | December 13, 2006 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Oh yeah. I forgot.

No more standing up during games. Our Stadium staff has been instructed to tell people to sit down when you cheer.

We've done some research and found you can cheer from your seats also. It doesn't matter, if you're in that seat, you've already paid. We don't care if you show up or not. Just buy the ticket. It'll look great in a frame.

-Karl

Posted by: ANDYMAN | December 13, 2006 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Adu needs to play in Holland where it's not so physical (as compared to the EPL) . This move to Salt Lake is good for him because it reunites him with his U-17 coach under whom he flourished.

He wasn't ready for the National Team at this WC but having him on the team may not have been a bad idea just for the experience. I'd rather work hard to get Guiseppe Rossi in an American Jersey than Adu though.

AM and Kornhiesers point is valid though. If you are going to promote the kid as the second coming you should play him. Not say how great he is then sit his arse. It makes you look foolish as a league.

Posted by: Skinz | December 13, 2006 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Its more than the Wizards and Caps because the Verizon Center holds about that amount. It's way less then the cellar dwelling Nats.

I'm not sure what you're point is. Do you want to compare MLB attendance figures to MLS? Not a great way to prove a point about national interest.

Posted by: ArtMonkToTheSticks | December 13, 2006 3:19 PM | Report abuse

ArtMonk-
You realize the position ADU so badly wants to play is currently occupied by the current mvp of MLS? He's a 24 year old baby. He can't beat out fellow DCU teammates for playing time yet Man U is going to pick him up?

RIP to you Bro

Posted by: ez e | December 13, 2006 3:21 PM | Report abuse

club seats are a joke. A cigar bar has no place in a football stadium and I don't need a cheeseball announcer to tell me when I should be getting pumped up for my freakin team.

After 8 years of slowly watching folks we like trickle out of our section and having to put up with corporate game watchers and cowboys fans who've never set foot in Texas...we're done.

One freakin playoff victory and the weasel gouges us further?!! Dude is a jock sniffer. The experience is absolutely insulting. F-Dannyland. I'd rather listen to Sonny, Sam and that guy that should've been a BJ but was somehow conceived against the will of god.

Send a message- don't renew.

Posted by: Jeff Hayes | December 13, 2006 3:24 PM | Report abuse

DCU, I think you have missed the point here. Of course I don't think Adu would have helped the national team this year. He wasn't ready. The point is just that, he wasn't ready. The US Soccer folks have not figured this out yet. Other countries, when they have a lot invested in a kid, make it their business to have him ready to contribute. The US did the exact opposite. Adu would have been totally outclassed and that is the point.

In fact, the Adu situation mirrors our Jason Campbell situation. A guy with a lot invested in him, wasting away so a bunch of vets could slug it out. Except there is no national football team for Campbell to go play for.

I'm not talking about what he is right now. We all agree on that. I'm talking about what we believed (or were told) he'd be now and how far away we are. How did we get here? The answer is obvious. How are you not seeing this?

Posted by: ArtMonkToTheSticks | December 13, 2006 3:25 PM | Report abuse

On the club level: maybe we can combine this newfound spirit of volunteerism with our fanatic fandom and paint all those freakin' BRIGHT YELLOW SEATS a different color for next season. When they are mostly empty -- you know, most of the time -- it's like a day-glo ring of sadness every time the teevee broadcast pans up from the sidelines. Ugh.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | December 13, 2006 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Remind me again...is soccer the game with the black and white round ball, or is it the one with the big red rubber ball?

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 3:25 PM | Report abuse

I won't be renewing my season tickets either.

Posted by: Frank Grimes | December 13, 2006 3:27 PM | Report abuse

EZ E, I fully realize it. What you don't realize is what the MLS is: a sub par league. I don't care about Moreno or whoever the other guy is. I care about US soccer and the potential asset we wasted so that the MLS MVP could walk anywhere in America and NOT get recognized.

Posted by: ArtMonkToTheSticks | December 13, 2006 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Just ran into Andyman in the hallway. He tells me the ticket list now stretches to infinity. I tend to believe him.

Posted by: Jason La Canfora | December 13, 2006 3:28 PM | Report abuse

"Ladies and Gentleman, with that completion Jason Campbell has just gone over 100 completions in his NFL CAREER!!!!!!! By the way, have I mentioned POPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEYES in the last 12 seconds???????"

Posted by: Ricky Bobby | December 13, 2006 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Well, they were letting any idiot sign up for the list on the Web.

It's Marketing 101. Do something so that you can capture a customer's PII (Persoally Identifiable Information), at which point you can then market to them (redskins.com store discounts, local appearances, etc). The list may have 200,000 people on them, but I'd say only 10% of them are qualified leads (people willing to pay a deposit and full fee for 2+ tickets). Still, that's an impressive number, don't get me wrong. The 'Skins fan base is loyal and dedicated, and in DC, quite affluent. Even with a smattering of non-renewals, they will still sell the stadium out.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 3:32 PM | Report abuse

That's because we allow Pets, Couches and the Dead to sign up on the list.

Posted by: ANDYMAN | December 13, 2006 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Whether he should play for United or not isn't really the point. The point is HE SHOULD PLAY somewhere.

He hasn't lived up to his promise as being the great one. He also hasn't played in the position in which he flourished as a youngster. Nowak reminded me of Grilliams. It became a source of personal pride. He wasn't going to play the kid because everyone said he should.

Posted by: Skinz | December 13, 2006 3:32 PM | Report abuse

I don't want my tix anymore.

Posted by: Mike Hunt | December 13, 2006 3:33 PM | Report abuse

JLC,

Can't offer any info on the Club level, but I can tell you that something about how the Redskins handle season tickets and manage their epic waiting list is just off. My story is that I was only on the waiting list for about 3 years, and made it off the list into general admission about a week before they signed Joe Gibbs for his second term. This was even though the last time I'd checked I was about #39,000 in line (Spurrier scared off lots of folks, I guess?). It seems like people I know had been on the list for years before me, and I think I still hear about folks who've been on the list for 10 years+, so I was surprised at my good luck.

Better still, our first seats were good - they put us into a pair of seats about half way up the upper deck, at the 15 yard line. This despite the fact that I know people in the end zones who've been there since FedEx opened hoping to move around to the sides of the stadium, who still haven't been upgraded.

As for parking, we did the cash lot / Metro thing for all of one season, and then got an e-mail before game 1 of our second season that a limited # of permits in the red and blue lots were available on a first come, first served basis if you called the ticket office. I quickly called and got one of those, too, even though others in my section at FedEx have been waiting patiently for years for parking passes.

The final oddity is that I figured, "hey I've been lucky so far, why not see about an upgrade of my seats?" The Skins told me that upgrades within the GA upper deck seating areas are generally available within section first (they move you down rows), and then they move you closer to the 50. Sure enough, this season they moved us down within our own section. By implication, that means that everyone who sits above me / further away from the 50 has got to pass through my section before they get better seats, and that I've got a jump on them there too.

I am *not* complaining about any of this -- I've been amazingly lucky with respect to tickets and I know it. The thing is, I also recognize how patently unfair this system seems to be to many, many other people. I'm sure the Danny has a strategy for handing out tickets (he's got a strategy for everything), but I can't begin to figure out what it is.

Posted by: 15 yard line nosebleed | December 13, 2006 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Screw my tickets, you can have them!

Posted by: Seymore Butts | December 13, 2006 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | December 13, 2006 03:25 PM

Not sure if you noticed but the Skins got there ahead of you a year or two ago. Randomly scattered through the Club level are burgundy seats, designed to blend in with fans and make it look like more people are sitting there. I heard a rumor the burgundy ones are padded, while the yellow ones aren't. Not sure if that's true, but if it is it's really messed up to make the empties more comfortable than the ones people actually pay to sit in.

Posted by: 15 yard line nosebleed | December 13, 2006 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Sticks, have you been to a Caps game recently? Good times, but there are 8000 people there tops. If you think MLS is irrelevant, the NHL is infinitesimal. Also, if you watch two bottom half of the table English Premier League clubs playing, you'll see about 20,000 in the stands and a lot of empty seats. A premier league team will pick up Freddy because he'll come relatively cheap, will sell a lot of jerseys, and expand the club's popularity here in the States. But he will rarely be on the field and hardly ever see the net after Kolo Toure knocks him on his ass.

Posted by: SMACK | December 13, 2006 3:48 PM | Report abuse

I was fortunate enough to get a pair of the obstructed view seats. I can't see punts and the corner of one endzone.

Posted by: Doodoo Brown | December 13, 2006 3:50 PM | Report abuse

15-yd line nose bleeds,

SAME EXACT STORY HERE... I mean, IDENTICAL... same length on wait list, got tix same year, ended up in similar seats...

Anyway, why should I be sitting where I do (upper level sideline half way up) when 40-year ticket holders are still stuck in the corner of the endzone in row 28?

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to this process? In fact, you could call the ticket office and get one story, only to hang up and dial again, speak to someone else, and get another story.

Am I complaining, hell no! But you're right, it just doesn't seem fair.

Posted by: Ricky Bobby | December 13, 2006 3:51 PM | Report abuse

I'm not sure if I'll renew....But they have already offered me club level tickets for 2 years (no price discount)with the option to buy in the lower level after that. I got that offer after the first Philly game. Still laughing about the timing. If they continue to give me crummy seats in the upper deck, I probably will not renew. Too much effort for the product.

I don't see them selling many club seats without discounting.

Posted by: Sec 418 | December 13, 2006 3:52 PM | Report abuse

The NHL is a much bigger league, bigger attendance, higher ticket prices, higher sponsor fees.

Agree with you about a smaller EPL team picking him up. I still think if he were smart he'd go to Holland. Also, I asked Adu how old he was one time. Know what he told me? Three hundred sixty five year old.

Man what a great movie.

Posted by: Skinz | December 13, 2006 3:53 PM | Report abuse

15 yd seats,

I was told by the usher in my section this past sunday that the padded seats in the row ahead of mine belonged to a season ticket holder. he said that if you have season tix, your seat gets padded and colored burgundy.

not sure how much i believe that.

Posted by: k-man | December 13, 2006 3:53 PM | Report abuse

New Orleans Update
JM220 reports that he and the gang were interviewed today by New Orleans ABC and Fox stations.

Posted by: Jason's editor | December 13, 2006 3:53 PM | Report abuse

JLaC, you no doubt will find club level ticket holders who won't renew but there are operators standing by to take the calls of the thousands of applicants waiting to take their place. Owning Redskins season tickets - unavailable to so many for so long when the sacred cow played at RFK - is a sign of one's status in this showy town.

Whether the 'Skins were winning or losing, tickets have always been available in Nov and Dec because many season ticket holders don't want to sit in the cold (and it was much colder at RFK) to watch a game they can see from the comfort of their own home. Danny doesn't care that tickets are going for $10 on the street. He sold the ticket first for face value.

Danny's not scared. He's legally printing money in Landover.

Posted by: Learned Hand | December 13, 2006 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Luckily I was able to get some reall good seats. The owner, Mr. Snyder, has me and Charleton Heston in his box for every home game.

Posted by: George W. Bush | December 13, 2006 3:55 PM | Report abuse

>>> "I can't see punts and the corner of one endzone."

Don't worry, they don't score in that endzone anyway. Or the other one, for that matter.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 3:56 PM | Report abuse

I just want to personally thank all of you clowns, I mean FANS, for coming out to FedEx and supporting our team each and very week. You morons, I mean FANS, are the best in the NFL.

Posted by: Dan Snyder | December 13, 2006 3:58 PM | Report abuse

I think the funniest thing about the pricing structure is the following:

You can sit upper level goaline, row 14, and be forced to pay $87 per ticket.

In turn, you can sit upper level 50-yard line, row 15 (just one row up(, and pay $69 per ticket.

That is $360 more for per year for an average Joe like me with 2 tickets.

It just doesn't make sense. I've called and tried to move to rows 15-17 and pay less, but they aren't very willing to help you out when you want to "downgrade", which to me would actually be an upgrade.

Posted by: Ricky Bobby | December 13, 2006 3:59 PM | Report abuse

I have grown old on the waiting list and the idea of the game day experience was a hell of a lot more interesting to me when I was 25 then it is at 49. My Lazy Boy, pizza and big screen is my idea of a club seat. The only problem with everybody abandoning the stadium is we will end up with pay-per-view or nothing. Still, if after all these years of waiting my name should come up, I would have to say no thanks - too little, too late.

Posted by: JGG | December 13, 2006 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Those dopes over at the ticket office have probably been trying to call Jean Bonet Ramsey for months....

Posted by: Ricky Bobby | December 13, 2006 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Snyder should seriously install some sound baffles at the top of the stadium a la RFK. With the added noise, maybe the visiting team gets as many procedural penalties as the home team.

Posted by: Jeff Hayes | December 13, 2006 4:09 PM | Report abuse

question: are these club level season tix available ONLY to those on the list, or could a person NOT on the list simply go up to the ticket office and sign up for a season?
and secondly, are season tickets only given on a 10 year basis? what happens if you want them for just 3-4 years?
it would suck if you signed up after the skins SB win in 91 hoping for big things only to have JG retire and the team suck for the next 15 years.

Posted by: k-man | December 13, 2006 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Jeff Hayes: They already do that. They pipe in all types of banging/cheering noises. It's pretty sad actually.

Posted by: Bill O'Reilly | December 13, 2006 4:19 PM | Report abuse

k-man,

You can definitely call up and get them... no wait list required. MONEY TALKS, not loyalty or seniority.

Hell, you can probably call up (without being on the waiting list) and get lower level tickets... if you buy the tailgate club and like fly hot dogs, of course...

Posted by: Ricky Bobby | December 13, 2006 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Doodoo Brown, I'm right there with you, except I have 3 seats. Same obstructions as you, which I'm perfectly willing to live with for the price I paid for the seats. Even overpaying for a green parking pass for the season on eBay I pay less than people do for 2 seats in the upper level. For the forseeable future, I'm gonna ride it out with the OVC (obstructed view crew). I like the cave.

Posted by: JustMe | December 13, 2006 4:21 PM | Report abuse

In addition to the fake crowd noise, they put Papa John's pizza and Popeyes chicken in the ventilation system to try to entice you...

Posted by: Ricky Bobby | December 13, 2006 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Hey Artmonk,

For me:

Club over country.
Club over Adu.
Club over pretty much anything else you brought up.

I really dont care much about US Soccer, as the whole US doesnt really give a crap about DC, my hometown and corner of the world.

And so what if MLS is an inferior league, its what we got. I dont live in Rio or Barcelona or North London. I live here, so I rep my local.

We are really talking apples and oranges, you obviously have a whole different take on futbol, but dont talk down to us United supporters as if who we support doesnt mean anything.

Posted by: the cheat | December 13, 2006 4:26 PM | Report abuse

i must admit, that new stadium in big D looks really nice. 80,000, 100K if needed, and the seat-to-field distance is lower than any stadium in NFL...wow. and that scoreboard is so critical. helps a lot. but i hate those damn holes in the top of the stadium.

question of the day:

how many years till the Skins have a new stadium?

i say 9 years....2015, Snyder will open a $1.5 stadium that he completely pays for, and we'll be the FIRST TEAM EVER to have home-field advantage in a Super Bowl.

Posted by: k-man | December 13, 2006 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Ricky Bobby,

As a former resident of Row 15 who was paying $20 more a game for my pair of seats than the guy behind me, I had the same "downgrade" experience you did. According to the Skins, in making myself eligible for a "downgrade" to try and get seats in say, row 16 at the 50, I was equally likely to get put in Row 28 in the endzone. For an upgrade, though, there was no risk of being moved to seats less desirable, so long as I stayed in my price bracket. Funny how that works.

Question for you also. You say you pay $87 a seat and have seats like mine. Is that what's printed on your ticket, or after you include their new-for-2006-hidden-price-increase-err-I-mean-service-fee-and-tax? My tickets are only $79 on their face. I've always wondered, since they don't disclose what all their pricing levels on any sort of map, whether newer arrivals pay more than people who've been there a while.

k-man,

If you get general admission season tickets they are year-to-year. Only the poor people in the club level need to sign multi-year agreements. Last time I checked, there was no club level waiting list, as they're having trouble getting all the club level seats sold.

Posted by: 15 yard line nosebleed | December 13, 2006 4:28 PM | Report abuse

"Club over country."

Exactly. It's like saying that you're a bigger fan of the U.S. World Baseball Classic team over the Red Sox or Orioles or Nationals. One team gets together to play once every 4 years while the other one is every year.

Posted by: mr. poo | December 13, 2006 4:33 PM | Report abuse

15-year,

What a load of crap... so if you're just getting by and need to "downgrade", you are penalized with chinese water torture then moved to row 29 of the endzone... classy.

The face on my tix is also 79, but with the PG county amusement tax and the I've been raped by Dan Snyder tax it works out to 87.

Posted by: Ricky Bobby | December 13, 2006 4:34 PM | Report abuse

AAAAAHH!

Worse day ever.

Two quickies - Roman war helmet and the glass bottom boat. Two of my favorites when used in tandem.

Club seats? Already bailed on my lower level and doing in P Diddy style (game by game till they no matter no mo)

RB - hey, I thought the "people in a better place" jokes were gonna stay with the group. You know, some people are sensitive to that kinda stuff. And the "Everyone loves Raymond and his dead dad" joke was crossing the line, he was only 71.

PG

Posted by: Pub Golf | December 13, 2006 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Good news Vinnie! I figured out a way for you to give everyone what they want!!! :

Posted by: Pub Golf | December 13, 2006 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Do jm220 and the NOLA crew have the mighty P Diddy marketing machine behind them, or what? They are the feel-good story of the year.

Hope they're sporting Skins jerseys every time they're on camera.

I wonder if jm220 is getting tired of flexing the guns so much.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | December 13, 2006 4:41 PM | Report abuse

the Cheat: you and I would have an awkward conversation at a party I think.

AMMTTS: I love punch

TC: I only like the punch here at this party.

AMTTS: I like it too

TC: No, this is the only good punch because everyone else in the country doesn't care about it.

AMTTS: OK...I'm going to go talk to Skinz because he's doing a keg stand on a bet...

Posted by: ArtMonkToTheSticks | December 13, 2006 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Skinz-I'd like to see Adu play for another team so he can get experience and rep the National Team to death as Gov would say.

Mr. Poo-You are disrespecting DC United

Skinz- Ricky Bobby and PG are hitting on fat girls. AMT2DStix and I are going to go make fun of them unless we take this next JB then we may try and take the girls home.

Mr. Poo-HATER!!!!

Posted by: Skinz | December 13, 2006 4:50 PM | Report abuse

JM appears to be indefatigable -- he's flexing his guts out!

Posted by: Jason's editor | December 13, 2006 4:53 PM | Report abuse

HA!

I just want to clarify, the fg's love pg, not the other way around. I just can't say no. I'm easy.

I've been known to put butter in my pocket before hitting the dance floor, or dribble brownie crumbs around when "postin up"...

you know how I roll...

Rick B on the other hand... sometimes that kid is braiding armpit hair cause he's delvin so nasty. No qualms. NONE. Like school in the summer.

PG

Posted by: Pub Golf | December 13, 2006 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Skinz,

I like that you're willing to hit the 300 lb club with us.

I can also confirm the butter in the pocket "trick" by PG.

And I guess I'd rather be braiding armpit hair than nip... ah, nevermind.

Posted by: Ricky Bobby | December 13, 2006 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Skinz - Ricky Bobby...where are you going with her...and what's the crisco for?

RB - ahhh, hey skinz! How you been?! I'd like to introduce you to my new friend, Neda. See ya! (walks into bedroom)

Skinz (scanning room)

PG - Skinz, you gotta save me man, they're after me again!

Skinz - The twins? I thought they passed out and you took pictures of them wearing the Roman War Helmet?

Posted by: Pub Golf | December 13, 2006 5:12 PM | Report abuse

LMAO...RB, ur killing me.

Posted by: Pub Golf | December 13, 2006 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Did You Know? Indianapolis allows 5.45 yards per rush attempt, worst in the NFL since the 1959 Redskins (5.48 YPA).

Posted by: 4th Floor | December 13, 2006 5:30 PM | Report abuse

Actually the burgundy seats in the club level are not for season ticket holders (as by default you would have to be a season ticket holder to have a seat in the club level). The burgundy seats cost each season ticket holder an ADDITIONAL $250 for the color change, the padding, and your name on the actual seat.

The Continued Fleecing of Redskins Nation

Posted by: DCLance | December 13, 2006 5:34 PM | Report abuse

There is so much inside chatter today, I have no idea what anybody is talking about.

Posted by: dcsween | December 13, 2006 5:44 PM | Report abuse

Hey crew. I all is good with everyone. We are about to rock to the foster home to pass out gifts to the children. It's been a very emotional day. On the way to the job site we had to pass three or four blocks with homes that are destoryed. Not one home on the block but all the homes on the block. As Cindy (thanks for the update on Coach Joe) stated we got interviewed by abc this morning as well as local channel . The paper and radio will be doing one tomorrow. We all have felt very uncomfortable about it. The people that need help in the story not us. Redskins just call Scott and come up with tickets.

Dealer yes I am black. (that one had all of laughing)
Lisa thanks sweetie.
Cindy you have been great as always.
JLC I gave you and the blog props today.
Nate no flexing going on here
Whoever keeps posting as me please stop.

We try to give everyone an update later tonight. Scott, Jerry, and I want to thank all of you for the support.

Posted by: jm220 | December 13, 2006 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Smack sorry that I forgot you. As stated before even though you are a Dallas fan you get much respect from me. Trust me when I say there is a lot of work that needs to be done. And we all should try to come next year and help out.

Posted by: jm220 | December 13, 2006 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jm220 | December 13, 2006 5:52 PM | Report abuse

Randy Thomas was named the QB Club Player of the Year. I guess they had to pick someone with a halfway decent highlight this season, particularly since Mike Vaderjagt is out of the League right now.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 5:53 PM | Report abuse

mad props and much love to jm220 and the crew.

Posted by: Jeff Hayes | December 13, 2006 5:55 PM | Report abuse

Ata boy JM! Keep it up!

Posted by: Pub Golf | December 13, 2006 5:55 PM | Report abuse

Ok, this thing with the burgundy seats is extra-stomach-churning. So Danny has already done something about the glaring hot agony of the fedex yellow ring of shame -- he's repainting seats burgundy one at a time, at $250 a pop. Good grief.

I need a pick-me-up in the form of some heartwarming video from NOLA of our boys in action. Help us out, fellas, youtube awaits.

I'm thinking Skins jerseys and Santa hats, smiling kids, that sort of thing. Or maybe the busy press junket schedule has taken precedence over the actual volunteer work.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | December 13, 2006 5:58 PM | Report abuse

ok, here's jm220 with the post, which I didn't see until submitting my last. slapping myself in the back of the head.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | December 13, 2006 5:59 PM | Report abuse

jm and gang, great job. Fantastic, wonderful job.

I hope someone is YouTube-ing this stuff. I promise to YouTube my birthday party :-)

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 6:00 PM | Report abuse

jm220, scott, jerry, really wish more of us were there with you guys lending a hand. I know I've said this a few times now, but in all sincerity, THANK YOU for taking this trip and doing this good work.

jm, you alluded to a call from the Skins, coming through with game tix. Shame on them for taking so long, but good for them for doing the right thing in the end.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | December 13, 2006 6:03 PM | Report abuse

Burgundy seat scam is a low-down dirty dog move even for Danny weasel. Anyone want in on a ticket burning party before the last home game?

Posted by: Jeff Hayes | December 13, 2006 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Jeff,

No thanks on the ticket burning party - the darned things cost too much. How about we all come out to each burn four or five $20 bills? It'll cost everyone less, we still get in to see the game, and it makes the same point.

Posted by: 15 yard line nosebleed | December 13, 2006 6:18 PM | Report abuse

A ticket-burning party is a top notch idea. Every ticket destroyed is one less Jints fan admitted to the building.

Danny will find a way to monetize the ticket burning, like marking up lighter fluid or creating a personal firepit license.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | December 13, 2006 6:18 PM | Report abuse

PG,

War helmet made me spray fart.

In any case, I have some breaking news. I saw this on redskins.com

JG Bare Butt Sale

For the low price of $999.99, Joe Gibbs will personally sit in your FedEx seat bare @ss. Yes, Joe Jackson Gibbs, HOF coach UP HERE in the league, will have placed his butt in your exact seat. Act now and we'll throw in a Redskinette calendar and picture of Coach Gibbs, bare @ss, in YOUR seat. This deal goes up to $1,999.99 in 4 days so again, ACT NOW. This promotion is brought to you by, POPEYES!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THAT CHICKEN!!!!!!

Posted by: Ricky Bobby | December 13, 2006 6:24 PM | Report abuse

excellent job to the NoLA volunteers.

what you are doing is so huge...you shouldn't play down the attention you guys are getting. the acts of generosity that you all are doing down there will never be forgotten by those in NoLA still devastated by H-K. I only wish you could get EVEN MORE publicity for your efforts; it could set a wonderful example for people not only in this area, but those all over the country who have some free time or a few extra dollars to spare but don't know how to go about doing it.

Thanks a lot guys, and have a very safe and fun week(end)!

HTTR!

Posted by: k-man | December 13, 2006 6:26 PM | Report abuse

AMTTS,

Its all good. I dont think folks are idiots for not liking MLS or DCU. If its not your cup of punch, feel free to stay away.

I dont really like National soccer, and probably never will. I dont really care about player development for the national team. It just isnt something that matters at all to me. And I dont think it means much to Nowak, Payne and the folks that run DC United. There job depends on winning games for DCU, not the US MNT.

DCU and MLS Cups and Supporters Shields (and routinely outdrawing the Caps) means nothing to you. Thats fine with me.

Call it even.

Posted by: the cheat | December 13, 2006 6:29 PM | Report abuse

jm220, good to hear from you....keep up the great work guys and be sure to give a shout out to the people of NO for me.

P Diddy, Randy Thomas was named the Player of the Year by the Redskins QB Club - not the entire NFL (that was not what you meant, was it?). The nominees were: Randy Thomas, Mike Sellers (who I love), Marcus Washington, Chris Cooley.

Posted by: Lisa | December 13, 2006 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Good for Randy Thomas. He suffered a major injury last year and has not only come back, but he has been the quiet leader among our offensive line yet again!

Posted by: Ricky Bobby | December 13, 2006 6:43 PM | Report abuse

I'm happy for Randy. Last season Randy and Renaldo Wynn were featured on a Comcast segment called "Piggin' Out With Randy & Renaldo." Every week they went to a different restaurant with Kelli Johnson and reviewed the food, atmosphere, etc. It was going really well until BOTH of them got hurt and the injuries ended their seasons and the show. Kelli later asked them if the program jinxed them.

Posted by: Lisa | December 13, 2006 7:04 PM | Report abuse

Agreed, Ricky Bobby.

I can never get enough of us running off left tackle, with Thomas pulling, him and Sellers at full speed looking for people to PUNISH in front of [insert ball carrier's name here]. That is a beautiful sight.

Hell, it's great any time Thomas is out in the open field because he moves so well and always seems to tee off one some unfortunate bastard downfield. A great lineman and one altogether worthy of the Hogs legacy. A credit to the Skins' uniform.* Hail to Randy T!

*By the way, I sure hope the Saints wear their home black jerseys on Sundee so we are all clear to wear our true and proper uniform, white jerseys and burgundy pants.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | December 13, 2006 7:10 PM | Report abuse

Alright, I have to ask. How do I get a dinner out with Kelli Johnson? Uh, I mean Strawberry Shortcake.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 7:16 PM | Report abuse

kelli johnson could use a dirty sanchez.

Posted by: dirk d | December 13, 2006 7:25 PM | Report abuse

Lisa, I believe I wrote "Randy Thomas was named the QB Club Player of the Year".

I'm happy for him.

I would have voted for Sellers, personally.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 7:26 PM | Report abuse

Here we go again with this Kelli Johnson business. Settle it down, fellas. She seems like a nice enough young lady.

As far as the QB Club, how many votes did Brandon Lloyd get?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | December 13, 2006 7:30 PM | Report abuse

As far as the QB Club, how many votes did Brandon Lloyd get?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | December 13, 2006 07:30 PM

about as many as nick novsuck

Posted by: dirk d | December 13, 2006 7:32 PM | Report abuse

There's a good CNNSi article posted on Lorenzo Neal, fullback extraordinaire. I think Sellers has a lot of that same animal madness in him, a ferocity he brings on every block. Not that he's done is as well for as long as Neal, but few FBs have had a run like that.

Do J-La and Howard ever get to go out to dinner and drinks with the players?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | December 13, 2006 7:34 PM | Report abuse

In honor of Strawberry Shortcake, I've now eaten 7,000 pink Christmas cookies today. I'm now larger than the Goodyear blimp.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 8:09 PM | Report abuse

Make that 7,001.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 8:23 PM | Report abuse

jm, i'm glad... :)
well, i still haven't seen the 11 'o clock interviews from last night. i'll get to them before the game i guess. i want to hop on a plane right now...:) thanks again! and hey, your girl's been hittin on me. but as my brother's keeper haven't responded to her "winks" and insinuations. you two need to have a "TALK" when you get back.

dcsween, i know what you mean. but it's nice to hear these stories. i'been on the waitlist for 5 years and haven't heard back. but then again i haven't checked my hotmail since gmail 2 years ago. but i don't think i'd ever spend that much money to watch the skins. i rather watch the game at home, alone without any distractions. i miss so much when i'm at the game. terps hoops is another story.

lisa, i would catch that show with SS and RT and RW sometimes...

RW is funny...he's always laughing. and they never really said anything bad about any of the food. even when it looked like they didn't like the food. they were at a restaurant in ashburn...a sports bar/steak place and i know for a fact that food sucks there.

but it was still fun to watch them eat the equivalent of 3 meals(for me) for lunch.

diddy, if you pull the Strawberry Shortcake dinner off...

Posted by: dealer | December 13, 2006 9:23 PM | Report abuse

Scott and the boys - again, all props to you. Can't wait to catch up with you down there and get caught up on everything. I am sure it's going to be an emotional week.

Whoever said club over country, I'm just not feeling that, not with this mickey mouse league. Single entity, BS rules, doing bad by many young players who want or deserve to go to Europe.

A lot of things about that league are a joke.

Posted by: Jason La Canfora | December 13, 2006 9:37 PM | Report abuse

How's this for a bad week:

first lose to philly, then have to fly to philly (commercial no less) and miss all of the LMAO RB posts (got me laughing out loud in my hotel room) and witty banter all day . . .

guess that speed reading training in 4th grade was good for something

jm220 and crew: good to hear all is going well - godspeed!

Posted by: skinsfan@8KaboveMSL | December 13, 2006 9:52 PM | Report abuse

MTskinsfan:

so if you fire Gibbs and hire ron rivera, who's the GM?

I heard dubya is looking to line up his next gig . . .

now back to the witty banter . . .

Posted by: skinsfan@8KaboveMSL | December 13, 2006 9:55 PM | Report abuse

If Dubya were in charge of the 'Skins, we'd find ourselves in a neverending morass of ineptitude, cronies from the good ol' days all over the coaching staff, duplicitous non-answers during pressers, and no hope in sight.

Wait.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 10:15 PM | Report abuse

Hey crew. We just got back from the foster home. It was very emotional for us. We got the stories about some of the children and it would have brought you all to tears.

The girls were a little cold towards us but enjoyed their gifts. The boys on the other hand were a lot of fun. (after I had to lay down the law lol) They enjoyed their gifts and jokes with us for a nice amount time.

Yes we did get the tickets from the Skins for the game. PR person called Scott before we left for the foster home. Tomorrow we will be working once again building homes during the day and then off to pack food for shelters in the evening.

Posted by: jm220 | December 13, 2006 10:17 PM | Report abuse

Wait. . .

Only difference would be that we would have someone in there that has never done it and whom we have no idea if they even could do it - might as well be dubya. . .

Posted by: skinsfan@8KaboveMSL | December 13, 2006 10:31 PM | Report abuse

Hey crew you can watch the clip of the interview here in New Orleans under http://abc26.trb.com/

Posted by: jm220 | December 13, 2006 10:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 07:16 PM

Trying going to new orleans - if you can't make it happen there, it won't happen anywhere . . .

given the choice, I'd rather have dinner with Kathy Sabine, nbc weather gal in Denver . . .

1) She's the boss of all the male weather dudes
2)she's got some smarts to go with her very "agreeable" looks . . .

if you don't know who she is, here's a link to a video ad campaign that features her . . .

Posted by: skinsfan@8KaboveMSL | December 13, 2006 10:50 PM | Report abuse

direct link to realvideo . . .

you may have to fill out one of those what-did-P-call-its. . .

Posted by: skinsfan@8KaboveMSL | December 13, 2006 10:58 PM | Report abuse

hail scott, jm and crew - way to put on a show! . . .

Posted by: skinsfan@8KaboveMSL | December 13, 2006 11:00 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, just read the previus post and not sure that it is clear. . .

the realvideo link shows the crew in NO on the newscast. . .

Posted by: skinsfan@8KaboveMSL | December 13, 2006 11:02 PM | Report abuse

ricky bobby,
my parents have been season ticket holders since the 60's, and my grandfather had them for years before that. at rfk, my parents seats were 35yd line upper grandstand behind skins bench..fantastic seats. since the move to fedex they have been relegated to the equivalent of friggin siberia. my mom is such diehard fan that my pop keeps renewing. otherwise i think he'd tell snyder to stick'em where the sun don't shine.

jm220 and the rest of the gang in new orleans...you guys are awesome and i wish i could be thee with you.

Posted by: cosmofla | December 13, 2006 11:38 PM | Report abuse

Jason - How are you going to verify that the complaints come from the club seat fans? Are you going to ask for ticket stubs or credit card receipts?

Why don't you ask them why they paid in the first place??? Their insistance on the falacy of being part of them team has driven up costs! Screw them!

So the rich broads didn't get a winning season. I say, go to hell!!!!!!!!

How about doing something good with your money, you f***ing dogs!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: BulletsFan | December 13, 2006 11:47 PM | Report abuse

After losing my seats in section 126 last year because I violated the resale policy by listing my tickets on eBay since I was going to be out of the country for six months I have to admit that I really don't miss the hassle. I saw one game this season from club seats that I purchased from a friend, but spend most Sunday afternoons in front of my 50" HD plasma with 6.1 surround sound, theater seating and a kegerator stocked with ice cold Sierra Nevada. Total cost was about $5500, but I get to use it more than 16 times a year and none of the FedEx nonsense (e.g., know nothing "fans", stupid announcer, needless fireworks and insanely loud music).

Posted by: Lester Burnham | December 13, 2006 11:49 PM | Report abuse

Great clip guys! You're making us all proud.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 14, 2006 2:25 AM | Report abuse

BulletsFan,

Chill, dude. Chill. Relax. Breathe.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 14, 2006 2:26 AM | Report abuse

Just heard that Lamar Hunt died. Let's hope that Hunt did better with his estate planning than Mr. Cooke, lest yet another storied franchise fall into the hands of a neophyte owner with a long, long, long learning curve.

It would suck if the Chiefs fell into the same abyss as our beloved 'Skins.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 14, 2006 2:32 AM | Report abuse

RIP Lamar Hunt. truly a legend. for him to start up the AFL and force the NFL into merging with him is just unbelieveable. it's only fitting that the AFC champ wins the lamar hunt trophy every year.
boy, we've had a lot of living legends pass away recently...mara, the other NYG owner, Hunt...that's a big chunk of NFL history right there

Posted by: k-man | December 14, 2006 3:28 AM | Report abuse

wow it's 3:30....wayyyy past bedtime. lucky for you diddy, only half past midnight. lucky left-coasters.
doesn't it feel weird for you guys to see that NBA games on the east coast have already started when people are still in work (4pm) out there?

Posted by: k-man | December 14, 2006 3:30 AM | Report abuse

I look at it as all the complaining you east coasters do about Monday Night Football going on and on until well past midnight doesn't apply to me.

Plus, I get football on Sundays from the moment I wake up (10am) until the time I start drinking again (9pm). Win-win all around.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 14, 2006 3:48 AM | Report abuse

OK dads in 'Skins blog-land...do babies ever sleep? She's been up since 8pm (east coaster). The wife wants to know if the ob-gyn can put the kid back in for a few more days!

Posted by: 4-12 | December 14, 2006 3:53 AM | Report abuse

cosmofla,

See, to me, that is just sad. 50-year ticket holders should NEVER be shoved up in the rafters b/c they don't want to pay 2 grand more for tailgate club passes (aka fly hot dog passes).

The fans of this city have been extremely loyal to this team, even during the last 15 crummy years. And what has the organization done to thank its loyal fans? Throw them in the upper deck endzone for some schmo off the street willing to spend 2 grand more on fly dog passes.

Again, SAD

Posted by: Ricky Bobby | December 14, 2006 8:51 AM | Report abuse

Cosmo:

LOL

all I can say is that I remember thinking to myself "Am I ever going to sleep again?!?"

alas, that time will finally come. for some it's measured in weeks for others it's measured in months. regardless there always seems to be some incremental improvement along the way that really makes you appreciate the small things - like she sleep hole extra hour today.

hang in there and keep the sense of humor. . .

peace.

Posted by: skinsfan@8KaboveMSL | December 14, 2006 9:48 AM | Report abuse

not cosmo, meant 4th. . .

Posted by: skinsfan@8KaboveMSL | December 14, 2006 9:49 AM | Report abuse

4-12 - how old is your baby? They do sleep, but some perfect it better than others. Chloe was a tough cookie, although she got much better after about 9-12 months.
Good luck with it. I would say do whatever you can to establish a routine above all else. They are creatures of habit.
Cheers.

Posted by: Jason La Canfora | December 14, 2006 12:32 PM | Report abuse

I have to say that this is a shame that the team has come to this. When I lived in the DC area -- I left in '94 -- the 'Skins had YEARS on a season ticket waiting list. In fact, I was never able to get tickets to a home Redskins game the entire time I lived there (I grew up there; my family moved to the DC area in 1971). My first 'Skins game? It was in San Francisco in 1998 or 1999. We won, as I recall.

Now, though, I'd rather go to a Manchester United home game than a Redskins game. Sure, tastes change, people get interested in other sports (although I was always into footie). But what does that say about the state of the Redskins when a home town girl wouldn't go to a Redskins home game if she had to buy tickets and pay to park?

Snyder really has gotten his money out of the team. But the product on the field is awful, and so is the gameday experience, from all reports here. It's sad.

Posted by: Deanna | December 14, 2006 1:26 PM | Report abuse

No way would I pay for club seats, even if I had the bucks to burn. And that stuff about the padded club seats is hilarious!

I've gone to a couple of games in the upper deck at FedEx over the last couple of years, and it's easily the worst experience I've had at any sporting event. Not only are the seats a million miles from the field, but they are narrower than airline seats. Every single inch of flat space seems to have an advertisement, and the announcer and scoreboard graphics are cheesy and hokey beyond belief.

I only went to one game at RFK, but it was during the early Norv era when things were dead as a doornail in that stadium. Still, the views were great even from crappy seats, and you felt like you were hooked into a great tradition, not a FedEx or Popeyes advertisement.

Posted by: ChrisO | December 14, 2006 6:26 PM | Report abuse

4-12, yep, routine, routine, routine. nap at the same time, in the same place, put 'em to bed at same time, same place every day. eat, play same time. we tried eating at the same place but it didn't work for us with the first one, timing yes but not in the same place (for not long). and that's the way it is sometimes.

we've skipped parties, dinners for the sake of routine and we're reaping the benefits. TRUST ME! we got bad looks from the same friends that are crying now cuz their kids don't sleep till 11 and takes hours to put 'em to bed.

set a routine(that YOU can live with everyday) and don't give in. no matter what.

Posted by: dealer | December 14, 2006 8:51 PM | Report abuse

Guys- thanks for the words of wisdom. She's a newborn...a week old today!

Posted by: 4-12 | December 14, 2006 9:51 PM | Report abuse

congratulations...mine was born exactly a week earlier than yours. i got her on my arm sleeping as i type.

Posted by: dealer | December 14, 2006 10:02 PM | Report abuse

4-12, congrats! I remember those days. In some ways, they were the easy ones. Mine is 15 months -- an active, busy, loquacious boy with a temper and definite opinions.

Posted by: Deanna | December 15, 2006 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Hey guys,

I can't find the video link for the interview at

Can someone help?