Calling all Redskins fans

In September, The Post will introduce a new reader-driven blog for fans, by fans, focused solely on Washington sports. To fill out our roster of fan bloggers, we're looking for two of our best, most diehard Redskins fans to weigh in on whatever's happening in the world of the Skins. While we'll ask all bloggers to occasionally weigh in on all of Washington's professional teams, we're particularly interested in having a pair of established Redskins voices as part of the project.

We're not just looking for regular fans, we're looking for fans who live and breathe the Burgundy & Gold, who are scrambling for information on new offensive line additions like Jammal Brown, who are dying to know the types of midseason defensive adjustments Mike Shanahan-coached teams typically make and how much time reserve center Edwin Williams might expect to get this season.

By Mitch Rubin  |  August 19, 2010; 5:13 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Mike Furrey placed on injured reserve
Next: Devin Thomas making progress, eager to do more

Comments

Wow, a posting frenzy.

Posted by: wireman65 | August 19, 2010 5:23 PM | Report abuse

I nominate MrIrvin88. He's on here as much as anybody.

Posted by: ahwyatt | August 19, 2010 5:23 PM | Report abuse

No mention about what this position pays?

Posted by: mack1 | August 19, 2010 5:25 PM | Report abuse

MistaMoe, TWISI?

Posted by: wireman65 | August 19, 2010 5:26 PM | Report abuse

You all are basically fighting for 1 spot. I have it on good authority that I will be getting one of these positions.

Light some matches b/c the bathroom just got funked up.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 19, 2010 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Hmmmm.

In the true spirit of fan blogging, I for one would much prefer to just criticize what others write here in the comments section.

Editors get the slim-shady.

No fun in blogging if someone else is going to revise your ignorant, opinon-driven, typo-filled, knee-jerk statements...

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2010 5:35 PM | Report abuse

By Mitch Rubin | August 19, 2010; 5:13 PM ET

Name of the new blog:

"The Blind Leading the Blind."

I can hardly wait.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 5:35 PM | Report abuse

sweet, maybe you junkies can start talking about the Skins again on here

Posted by: retroskins14 | August 19, 2010 5:37 PM | Report abuse

As much as I hate to admit it, you are 100% correct. The Yanks are being run pretty efficiently and effectively. Everyone knows that the O's will never do anything as long as Angelos owns them (Showalter brings a glimmer of hope for next year though). Still, very frustrating.

Don't mind me, I'm just doing what any self-respecting O's fan would do...hatin' on the Yanks.

Posted by: HTTR | August 19, 2010 4:45 PM
------------

Good to know not everyone is a turn-coat and didn't jump on the Natinal-bandwagon just because the Expos moved to DC. The THIRD team to be in DC in oh 30/40 years (talk about sad).

O's are on their way up. If the Natinals played in the AL East they'd have about 17 wins on the year.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 19, 2010 5:41 PM | Report abuse

I nominate Jim Zorn.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | August 19, 2010 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Just a possibility:
It could be that a Fat Albert trade is imminent. Under direction from his agent, Fat Albert may have developed his "headache" to keep him out of practice in order to prevent any potential injuries. Meanwhile, his agent, Allen, and the other team are working out the specifics of the deal.

Posted by: kaasmaster | August 19, 2010 5:15 PM | Report abuse

I've actually been mulling that possibility myself. We'll see.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | August 19, 2010 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Is it just me, or does this sound like an open audition for J. Reid's job?

Posted by: kaasmaster | August 19, 2010 5:43 PM | Report abuse

By Mitch Rubin | August 19, 2010; 5:13 PM ET

Yes. Writers with a focus on Washington Sports would be a great novel idea for the Post.

Of course The Post could always take a step in the right direction by firing mercenaries like Wilbon and Jenkins and go find some people who are actually plugged into the city...

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2010 5:44 PM | Report abuse

I nominate MrIrvin88. He's on here as much as anybody.

Posted by: ahwyatt | August 19, 2010 5:23 PM | Report abuse

Excellent idea. I think the new blog is just Reid's way of getting others to do his job without having to pay for it.

Posted by: NYPDee | August 19, 2010 5:47 PM | Report abuse

I lost 35 pounds. I'm lazy. I got 21 big ones in the bank. I'm heat exhausted. I don't like to practice. I hate this place. Sign me up.

Posted by: getitritegov | August 19, 2010 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Talk about cheap labor, whoever signs up for this and "wins" the job is getting scammed by the Post to work for free.

Posted by: RiggoisDrunk | August 19, 2010 5:48 PM | Report abuse

I'm all over this. Blogging is what I do. Almost to a fault. It's only right that I get a couple bucks for it...or at least the platform to help me land a gig in which I blog for money. Awesome.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 19, 2010 5:52 PM | Report abuse

Boy, this post sure brings out all the love you have for each other!!!

Posted by: cmecyclist | August 19, 2010 5:52 PM | Report abuse

"Is it just me, or does this sound like an open audition for J. Reid's job?"

That was my first thought also. ;)

My second was,"This is a bad idea!"

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | August 19, 2010 5:55 PM | Report abuse

It's not an audition for Reid's job. It's a way of making Reid look good. "At least I'm better than the two fan bloggers -- Doofus McGee and Dropout Suckowski."

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 6:02 PM | Report abuse

aka, work for free

Posted by: BMACattack | August 19, 2010 6:18 PM | Report abuse

I nominate MrIrvin88. He's on here as much as anybody.

Posted by: ahwyatt

Good call ahwyatt.

MrIrvin88 is OBSESSED with the Redskins!!!!

Posted by: rachel216 | August 19, 2010 6:25 PM | Report abuse

This has got to be a response to some bogus poll data they've received. The Post has already run a who's your favorite essayist contest. Results were decidedly mixed. Some writers had well written, interesting ideas. Others, not so much. This is more of the same.

If it were my blog, I'd run it like every night was the Oscars.

" Oh, and there's Chris Cooley. Chris! Oh, Chris! Who are you wearing tonight?"

" Um, it's my uniform man."

" Well, it's darling, whatever it is. Can you tell our fans a big secret? ( whispering ) What's your favorite color?

At least that would have some entertainment value. ( kind of )

Posted by: bostskin | August 19, 2010 6:34 PM | Report abuse

Name of the new blog:

"The Blind Leading the Blind."

I can hardly wait.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Now that's f'n funny.

Posted by: bostskin | August 19, 2010 6:37 PM | Report abuse

This blog role should belong to your RI FF champions. Namely, cHRiSLarrY and myself.

I get the Dan Aykroyd role and cL gets the role of Jane, the ignorant sllutt.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 19, 2010 6:46 PM | Report abuse

Next RI Poll:

"Which blow-hard RI wannabe is polishing his knob the hardest at the thought of landing this gig?"

So far Brownie and Zcezest are choices A and B.

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2010 6:54 PM | Report abuse

They should have one drunk blogger and one sober one. The drunk one goes first, recapping what he/she thinks he/she remembers about the game. Then the sober one blogs about what probably actually happened.

I nominate myself for the drunk one. But I need a flexible deadline: Monday at 2 p.m. for home games and Monday at 11 a.m. for away games.

Posted by: Section104 | August 19, 2010 6:58 PM | Report abuse

Brian Cushing will miss the Texans v. Redskins game, as his suspension was upheld for using a female hormonal fertility drug...

...sissy...

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2010 6:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Section104 | August 19, 2010 6:58 PM | Report abuse

They already have that live in the booth.

Sam Huff is the drunk one.

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2010 7:00 PM | Report abuse

C) Poopy McPoop

Sorry, Poop, missed your post @ 5:32...

I was in the restroom...

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2010 7:03 PM | Report abuse

By Mitch Rubin | August 19, 2010; 5:13 PM ET

----------

I have to fill out a form?

To get started "right away?"

Forget about it.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 19, 2010 7:13 PM | Report abuse

So Legaroutte Blunt loses his cool and punches another football player?

I'll never forget some of the jackass' up here defending him the first time...oh he was emotional, he was touched, he was provoked...yada yada...yeah, I'm sure those same dumb@ss' will find another excuse for his latest act of personal violence. Fact is violence is never okay and it only leads to more violence

As sure as the sun will rise, every brother will defend this guy. Brothers lose their cool quicker than a snowcone in Pheonix

F L. Blount

Posted by: skinshaveaGM | August 19, 2010 7:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 19, 2010 5:52 PM

I like your style brownwood... The only thing is, I cannot remember any of your opinions regarding the team/players/coaches/owner, etc.

That said, at least you seem to be less insulting than the rest of us and that has to be worth something.

I'm behind you.

Best of luck.

Posted by: Thinker_ | August 19, 2010 7:37 PM | Report abuse

Fill out a form?

"The whole thing smacks of effort, man."

Posted by: freakzilla | August 19, 2010 7:38 PM | Report abuse

Next RI Poll:

So far Brownie and Zcezest are choices A and B.

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2010 6:54 PM

LOL pfunk...in that order?

For real though...this knob gets polished for MILFs only. Call it weird, call it whatever...loves me the older women.

Ironically, football is what I think of when I try to shrink the morning wood to take that first pee of the day.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 19, 2010 7:38 PM | Report abuse

I get the Dan Aykroyd role and cL gets the role of Jane, the ignorant sllutt.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 19, 2010 6:46 PM |

Zcezcest, it's language like this that will keep you out of contention for this very prestigious position. I don't care how many "L"s you insert into the final word, we all know exactly what you are conveying and it is entirely inappropriate for one representing the blogging fans of The Washington Redskins.

Next thing you know, you'll be missing deadlines because you are stuck in traffic court.

I just don't have the confidence in you that I do in an upstanding blogger (mixed race, maybe?!) like Brownwood... Who, despite his mastery of the English language, claims to be "predominantly Black."

Sorry, Whitey, you just don't compare at this point. But, that's what competition is for, right? So, even though, right now, you are listed as Fourth on the Depth Chart, you do have the opportunity to clean up your act and show us what you've got over the rest of the preseason games.

Obviously, if you're not blogging, if you're busy doing other things, we can't really evaluate you, can we?

So, let's get blogging! Let's see what you GOT! I'm excited about our team. I like our chances.

Posted by: Thinker_ | August 19, 2010 7:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 19, 2010 7:38 PM | Report abuse

It's in the order of posters that I notice angling for the gig...not necessarily in terms of preference.

But you know I'm down with brown. (In a good way).

Whatever happens, your schtick can always get killed in the comments section like the rest of us.

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2010 7:47 PM | Report abuse

Allright guys, this smells of wiki page election. Let's have a few guys nominated and then vote for our consensus #1. Not that it'll mean anything to the post but it should be interesting. I nominate theCork. We need a bitter old codger stirring the pot.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 19, 2010 7:48 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Thinker...I'm usually on here during the morning hours so maybe that's why you don't see me much. My opinion isn't much different from any of the more level-headed bloggers here, but to review my platform:

Owner: shouldn't be seen...or heard
Coach: great...and surprisingly underrated
Players: old...need to get younger
Team: on the rise...has a chance to make the playoffs right away, but don't count on it

Geez, feels like I'm running for office...

(throwing up peace signs in front of "Brownwood 2010" posters)

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 19, 2010 7:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 19, 2010 7:48 PM | Report abuse

I de-nominate Cork.

Can I get a "here, here"?

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2010 7:52 PM | Report abuse

I de-nominate Cork.

Can I get a "here, here"?

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2010 7:52 PM |

Lol

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 19, 2010 7:54 PM | Report abuse

DO YOU BLEEVE THAT ALBERT HURT HIS KNEE TAKING A SH..
From Dan Steinberg of DC Sports Bog comes a tale of rookie skits performed during Redskins training camp, which wrapped up Thursday.

We recommend checking out the entire story, but it's especially worth reading the play-by-play of the Albert Haynesworth conditioning skit. Selvish Capers played the part of Haynesworth.

Terrence Austin, describing the scene: "He comes back out of the restroom, they're like 'C,mon you ready to do it?' And he's limping, and they were like man what's the matter, and he's like 'Man I hurt my knee taking a [....].'"

Some of the players were unsure whether to broach the subject, but Haynesworth had a good sense of humor about it.

"We actually talked about it, a lot of people were a little worried about doing it because they didn't know if it was gonna cause any controversy, but Albert was cool with it," Austin said. "He thought it was pretty funny, and it really was funny."

Posted by: suliman215 | August 19, 2010 7:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: suliman215 | August 19, 2010 7:58 PM | Report abuse

Poopy McPoop needs to get on this ASAP and verify the facts...

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2010 8:01 PM | Report abuse

Thinker, watch out with the race stuff...Red will pop a blood vessel in his head if you're not careful...

Thanks pfunk, blogging is sort of a hobby...I have a personal blog I've done with my sister for the last year or so but I don't really broadcast that on here since I see bcarothers coming on here pimping his own blog and I find it to be kind of a dick move.

I do have a sneaking suspicion this whole thing is Reid's way of telling us, "If you think I'm doing such an awful job, why don't YOU try and do it?"

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 19, 2010 8:02 PM | Report abuse

I get the Dan Aykroyd role and cL gets the role of Jane, the ignorant sllutt.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 19, 2010 6:46 PM |

Posted by: Thinker_

When I tried submitting it the first time -- the WaPo filter screened me out -- which is why I added the extra 'l' and 't'. Apparently, it doesn't like that sh!t.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 19, 2010 8:04 PM | Report abuse

There have been days on end at times with no posts from Mr Reid at el. I'm guessing with their workload, doing a blog may be an extra project they may to less of. Lots of good bloggers on here that could provide an entertaining format. Good idea WaPO.

Posted by: TWISI | August 19, 2010 8:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | August 19, 2010 8:10 PM |

...and most of the time when there is a post it's merely a cut and paste job from some other site.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 19, 2010 8:18 PM | Report abuse

Not interested in doing someone else's work for them...

Posted by: Burrasta1 | August 19, 2010 8:26 PM | Report abuse

This is clearly a horrible idea, so by all means do it.

Vic1 vs. mack1 or etrod.

Posted by: SMACK1 | August 19, 2010 8:31 PM | Report abuse

I nominate John Keim. And I'll even cut and paste from the Examiner for him.

Posted by: frediefritz | August 19, 2010 8:40 PM | Report abuse

I de-nominate Cork.

Can I get a "here, here"?

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2010 7:52 PM

I vote for "The Sour Hour" featuring you two funk.
And thanks (i think) Smack, but no thanks.

Posted by: mack1 | August 19, 2010 8:40 PM | Report abuse

And BTGreg can do the cut and paste from PFT.

Posted by: frediefritz | August 19, 2010 8:42 PM | Report abuse

I vote for "The Sour Hour" featuring you two funk.
And thanks (i think) Smack, but no thanks.

Posted by: mack1 | August 19, 2010 8:40 PM | Report abuse

Ha ha.

In the spirit of traditional fan-blogging fashion, I much prefer the unedited anonymity of the comments section.

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2010 8:58 PM | Report abuse

"Although the blog will not launch until September, you can get started right away by filling out this form."

This should be easy.

Name: mistamoe/gimmiesummoe

Place of birth: between my momma's legs

Race?: Okay, you go first, I'll still outrun you.

Sex: Fellatio preferred, but if you and Cindy B have some kind of other offer....

nationality: Uncle Tom, Oreo, and Sell Out--you know, the usual stuff they call black men who are smart and can write and talk.

education: I'm a self-taught, self-educated know-it-all who can not be told anything by anybody, especially after the 6th beer.

Or last bong hit.

How long have you been a redskins' fan?: Since the Dallas Cowboys entered the NFL.

Favorite redskin player: Whomever is playing any other NFC East team.

political affiliation: I'm a republicrat who prefers small government right up until the hurricane, then I'm A Where'sFEMAcrat?

Why should you have the blog spot?: You don't already run this thing?

Okay, I guess y'all should just make it official.

Sign me up and I'll rock the blog 'til the wheels fall off.

And if you don't, well, I guess I'll have to go back to my old job of making folks laugh and stuff that ain't funny.

Posted by: gimmesummoe | August 19, 2010 9:00 PM | Report abuse

Where's poopy? He'll like this.

I had to swallow barium for some upper GI x-rays the other day (I'm fine).

Barium's white, if you don't know, and it provides a very interesting color change effect when it finishes its journey through to the other end, as I just experienced.

Posted by: freakzilla | August 19, 2010 9:10 PM | Report abuse

Vote for iH8dallas

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 19, 2010 9:14 PM | Report abuse

Where's poopy? He'll like this.

I had to swallow barium for some upper GI x-rays the other day (I'm fine).

Posted by: freakzilla | August 19, 2010 9:10 PM
--------------------

Having a gf in the medical field Poopy_McPoop is very familiar with barium. It can make for some interesting colored-BM's that's for sure.

Awesome story.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 19, 2010 9:16 PM | Report abuse

When will I be receiving my offer?

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | August 19, 2010 9:21 PM | Report abuse

"Not interested in doing someone else's work for them..."

Obviously, you don't work for the government.

Posted by: gimmesummoe | August 19, 2010 9:23 PM | Report abuse

@beep-beep

Are you backing down from MrIrvin88 ? Let's hope not ! HTTR

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 9:29 PM | Report abuse

Are you backing down from MrIrvin88 ? Let's hope not ! HTTR

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 9:29 PM

Not backing down from him -- laughing at him making fools out of all the regulars up here who are taking his bait.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 9:38 PM | Report abuse

This You-Too-Can-B-A-Blogga scheme is designed for rising seniors in high school. They can put up a few posts and then put on their college application that they wrote the Redskins blog for the Washington Post. That ought to open doors at schools like Fairleigh Dickinson, Franklin and Marshall and, of course the "University" of Maryland.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 9:41 PM | Report abuse

"Clemens Is Indicted on Perjury Charge in Drug Case"

Brian McNamee: I thought you wouldn't mind me sticking it to you from behind like I was giving you another PED shot, again.

Roger Clemens: Yeah, but not under oath.

Now, if I go to jail, there will be dudes trying to stick it to me from behind all the time.

Posted by: gimmesummoe | August 19, 2010 9:41 PM | Report abuse

Are you backing down from MrIrvin88 ? Let's hope not ! HTTR

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 9:29 PM

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 9:38 PM |

Well, keep laughing my man, and we'll get after it. HTTR

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 9:43 PM | Report abuse

Hey beep-beep, how can you post this:

Homonym, not Synonym. Go to dictionary and discover difference. Quiz later.

Posted by: kaasmaster | August 19, 2010 4:56 PM

Nice work! If you ever need a job as a spelling/grammar police, you should put this on your resume.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 5:12 PM |

Then post this:

I love having it out with those moron Cowboy fans though.

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 4:20 PM

Then why don't you go on their blogs and let them have it. They seem to get the best of you up here.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 4:35 PM |

Are you a hypocrite or a troll ?

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 9:52 PM | Report abuse

This spot should go to me. No blog is complete without the jcnjcnj

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 19, 2010 9:53 PM | Report abuse

they really don't have any blogs to speak of beep-beep. I looked for one but none really had any comments that I could find

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 19, 2010 10:05 PM | Report abuse

Are you a hypocrite or a troll ?

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 9:52 PM

Not sure what you're getting at, but the answer is neither.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 10:08 PM | Report abuse

Not sure what you're getting at, but the answer is neither.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 10:08 PM |

Hell, I don't know what you're getting at. Life on the board, I guess.

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 10:11 PM | Report abuse

Hmmm, depends on the perks...

You don't get paid but you:

-get to outfit an aircraft carrier any way you want! Zeke, lock it up.

-get a cape and mask and super power of your choice to fight against racial injustice by night! RedDMV

-get someone else to do ALL the typing! ChRis LArrY

-get as much of that government secret agent pharmaceutical grade herb as you want! MistaMoe

-get to see Area 51 in Roswell (but not live to show the pictures of your induction into the Bloggas Runnin PhyOps HOF they hand out there)! frak

-get to start working later than 5:00 AM! Brownie

-get a free to ride to go to law school! For real this time! P1funk

-get a sh!it ton of mapps! Dikshuttle

-get to wear your Indiana Jones-style fedora any time you want! Alex755378

-get 1 hour in a room alone with a baseball bat and Chia_pet! beep-beep

-get all the bonus points! Scamp

-get yet one more hugenormous veiny black d!ldo and a bottle of lube of your choice for another self-slappy romp in your mom's basement! MrIrvin88

I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 19, 2010 10:18 PM | Report abuse

Beware folks...

It could be a not so cleverly disguised attempt to strip away the veil of anonymity from some of our more prolific contributers.

I can see it now...

Folks are thrown into the pen two by two to chew over an issue... and each other... like a pair of rotweilers at the Bad Newz Kennels.

Ladies and gentlemen, for our main event this evening... something like RedDMV vs Mistamoe in a fight to the finish...

and let the censors be damned.

At the end of their jousting, the editors post another poll...

Who will live to blog another day?

And who will finally and not-so-mercifully be eliminated from ever posting again?

Posted by: Vic1 | August 19, 2010 10:21 PM | Report abuse

All the bonus points? Can I trade those in for 5 minutes in a room with a croquet mallet and perineum/skinshaveaGM?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 19, 2010 10:22 PM | Report abuse

Gonna go all Shane Botwin on him? Of course!

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 19, 2010 10:24 PM | Report abuse

I nominate Dr. Laura Schlessinger. She seems to have some free time available, and she really knows how to relate to black people.

Posted by: Predator48 | August 19, 2010 10:27 PM | Report abuse

^^^One condition, Scamp. You have to get Vic1 to stop posting his long (and presumably boring) posts. C'mon, no real dude should ever type "dear diary" or "BFF", it's ghey. Even when joking, ghey ghey ghey ghey ghey ghey.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 19, 2010 10:28 PM | Report abuse

I concur. That's why I'm convinced he, too, is a teenage girl.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 19, 2010 10:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 19, 2010 10:22 PM
----------

Is that you Shane Botwin?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 19, 2010 10:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 19, 2010 10:28 PM | Report abuse

Concur. Joke went on way too long... but for what it's worth, my intent was always and only to make fun of AH92's inability to pass his conditioning test... or buy into the system.. or respect the coaches... or practice with teammates... or put in the off-season work... or avoid faking injuries, etc., etc., ad nauseum.

Trouble is, topic was never all that funny even when it began in the long off-season, and it's even worse as we've now reached the "end" of training camp... while Albert continues to come up with his issues du jour.

I mistakenly thought fans should have a reasonable expectation that "their" players should report in shape and make the strongest possible effort to succeed.

Lesson Learned: You just can't mock a tard... regardless of how lighthearted you try to make it.

My apologies to anyone who was offended... or bored... or whatever.

Posted by: Vic1 | August 19, 2010 10:39 PM | Report abuse

Excerpt:

3. So what if the Redskins want to trade for Vincent Jackson? One GM said it would probably cost them a second-round pick. “If they don’t like their receivers, it makes sense,” the GM said. But the GM said he hasn’t heard much about San Diego’s intentions regarding Jackson; the Chargers have not been calling teams. “I could see San Diego letting him go for the right price,” the GM said.

-----------------------------------------

Getting a player like Jackson for a 2nd in 2011 and a mid round pick in 2012 to sure up the WR spot this year, would allow the Skins to carry 2 or 3 of the younger WR, and part ways with Galloway ( a likely one year rental). If I were Allen, I'd keep that line of communication open.

Posted by: TWISI | August 19, 2010 10:39 PM | Report abuse

Nice work, RomoLongballs.

Beantown in the bonus points king. scamp can be tempted with single malt. Or double malt. Or triple malt. Or three single malts. Etc. As long as it went in the bottle in Scotland and is aged more than, say, about 20 minutes.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 10:43 PM | Report abuse

I concur. That's why I'm convinced he, too, is a teenage girl.

Scamp -- I'm not much of a grammarian... but some might be led to think you're saying you are a teenage girl.

Not that there's anything wrong with that of course...

Posted by: Vic1 | August 19, 2010 10:44 PM | Report abuse

I predict Kyle Boller will start for the Raiders.

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | August 19, 2010 10:46 PM | Report abuse

Vic1, my bad for the harsh. You obviously put a lot of time and effort into that.

beep-beep, gotta keep my man on the straight and narrow. Maybe the WaPo could offer him a chance to burn Coach K in effigy...Oh, sorry, that's Diesel44. We'll throw in a free load of clean socks.

I know, the WaPo could get his Scottish azz some sunblock, he's gonna need it in the OC...

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 19, 2010 10:51 PM | Report abuse

My apologies to anyone who was offended... or bored... or whatever.

Posted by: Vic1 | August 19, 2010 10:39 PM |

We up here at RI have short memories...mainly because none of us are all that intelligent. Having said that, you were forgiven the minute you stopped.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 19, 2010 11:00 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, have been giving it way too much time and effort.

Then the thought occurs, if no one in a position to make a difference appears to give a damn about it, then why should I?

It's not like they're going to discount the tickets or anything when certain players decide to half-ass their way through yet another season... and get away with it too!

Posted by: Vic1 | August 19, 2010 11:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 19, 2010 10:51 PM

Diesel's not in this. He went to the "University" of Maryland. They're looking for guys who can write complete sentences.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 11:03 PM | Report abuse

Not that there's anything wrong with that of course...

Posted by: Vic1 | August 19, 2010 10:44 PM |

Lol. Actually I called Romo (i think) a teenage girl a few days back. I'm pretty sure it was him. So it was kinda an inside joke. But that was funny.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 19, 2010 11:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 11:03 PM

That leaves me out. I went to Georgia Tech and complete sentences were not required.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 19, 2010 11:21 PM | Report abuse

Careful there, scamp. You might be sentenced to walk the plank for harassment charges. See

Posted by: Vic1 | August 19, 2010 11:27 PM | Report abuse

Quite an article Vic1. I guess fagmeister and Cowboy or Romo are indeed synonyms. Guessing the one that doesn't fit in there (Redskins) was an attempt at lending some masculinity to the list of call signs.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 19, 2010 11:31 PM | Report abuse

On a different note. The team we whupped last week held their own pretty well against the Colts in the 1st quarter with starters in. 14-7. (I'm watching the replay)

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 19, 2010 11:38 PM | Report abuse

Choke, blow it, squander, epic fail, these are all Romonyms. Quiz later.

Posted by: SMACK1 | August 19, 2010 11:41 PM | Report abuse

21-14 Bills. Makes last weeks win look a litlle better. Just a little though.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 19, 2010 11:53 PM | Report abuse

Choke, blow it, squander, epic fail, these are all Romonyms. Quiz later.

Posted by: SMACK1 | August 19, 2010 11:41 PM |

Mr. Chinmeetballs

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 19, 2010 11:55 PM | Report abuse

No mention about what this position pays?

Posted by: mack1 | August 19, 2010 5:25 PM | Report abuse

I believe the amount of compensation you could expect was clearly covered. What do you think this is, the Bleacher Report?

Posted by: WorstSeat | August 20, 2010 12:00 AM | Report abuse

Poopy,

Seriously, dude, I'm a little disappointed. You should be all over this story like white on a porcelain can.

Posted by: p1funk | August 20, 2010 12:04 AM | Report abuse

Assignment for the day. There, their and they're, sound the same, mean different things, see synonym. Go to dictionary and discover difference. Quiz later.

Posted by: wireman65 | August 19, 2010 4:01 PM

Homonym, not Synonym. Go to dictionary and discover difference. Quiz later.

Posted by: kaasmaster | August 19, 2010 4:56 PM

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 5:12 PM
Hey beep-beep,

Here's a clue, 'cause you need one. In case you missed it, I posted the other night about how lame it is to be a grammar cop on RI. However, I think people who attempt to be grammar cops, and do a really crappy job of it desrve to be ridiculed a little.

The point of my post at 4:56 was to make fun of wireman65's attempt at being a grammer cop. If you're going to try to lay down the grammar law, you kinda need to know what you're talking about, and use proper grammar yourself.

Like knowing the difference between a synonym and a homonym. After wireman65 botched that up, he then follows with "Go to dictionary and discover difference. Quiz later.", obviously lacking in grammatical correctness. I used his words verbatim to emphasize his own poor grammar.

Please follow along more closely in the future.

Posted by: kaasmaster | August 20, 2010 12:22 AM | Report abuse

Please follow along more closely in the future.

Posted by: kaasmaster | August 20, 2010 12:22 AM |

So how would you say that wireman and tubfullofballs are both giant dooshbags and deserve to be kicked in the scrotum?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 20, 2010 12:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | August 19, 2010 10:39 PM

This is what I'm talkin bout!!!!! We need a true number one reciever. Jackson, thomas, moss will be our starting 3 WRs.

The addition of jackson fills a big hole for us. Should benefit everyone else production too, more coverages his way equals more openings for thomas, moss, davis n cooley. More running lanes for CP n LJ

Anyone hear about Jamal brown?? I hope he can dominate for us like he did for the saints before his injury

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | August 20, 2010 12:38 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | August 19, 2010 10:39 PM

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | August 20, 2010 12:39 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 20, 2010 12:28 AM

How about the way you just said it?

Posted by: kaasmaster | August 20, 2010 12:45 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 20, 2010 12:28 AM

How about the way you just said it?

Posted by: kaasmaster | August 20, 2010 12:45 AM

Okay then, wireman and tubfullofballs are both giant dooshbags and deserve to be kicked in the scrotum.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 20, 2010 12:56 AM | Report abuse

Here's a question. Anyone know a good Skins bar in Southern Orange County? I knoe OCSkins had some suggestions for me but I can't for the life of me remember what they were. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 20, 2010 1:28 AM | Report abuse

One thing you guys are forgetting.

You might not get paid for the gig - but you'll probably eventually get to go the Skins games in the press room.

Might not such a bad thing after all!

Posted by: charley42 | August 20, 2010 3:59 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | August 19, 2010 10:39 PM

If something doesn't happen on this front, I'm inclined to believe that Allen knows he can go ahead and get VJ in free agency next offseason without having to give up the draft picks. A.J. Smith should lose his job if he doesn't trade VJ because if he doesn't, he loses him next year and gets nothing in return. That's why the Redskins should be able to name their price because there's no way that situation ends well in SD.

I'd call Smith up and offer the 2nd round pick along with Malcolm Kelly and Chris Horton. Take it or leave it.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 20, 2010 5:13 AM | Report abuse

Might not such a bad thing after all!

Posted by: charley42 | August 20, 2010 3:59 AM

If you're a Redskins fan, that IS getting paid.

And if you take into account ticket prices, it's like getting paid six figures...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 20, 2010 5:18 AM | Report abuse

The Vikings may now be looking at VJ as well. I'd like to see us move on this one.

Posted by: camp_fodder | August 20, 2010 5:42 AM | Report abuse

c_f, how do you figure the Vikes are looking at VJ? Because Harvin is having some migraines? They still have Rice and Shiancoe, so it's not like they don't have weapons without him. I'd be pretty stunned to see them make a panic move like that (at least one not related to Favre).

The only other team that would be willing to give up picks and then a big contract for VJ would be Seattle. As of now, it's a two horse race (if indeed there is a race).

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 20, 2010 5:56 AM | Report abuse

Redskins notes and analysis 8/18/10
By: John Keim
Examiner Staff Writer
08/19/10 7:53 PM EDT

1. Can’t say there’s been a lot of talk about seeing former coach Jim Zorn. Players didn’t dislike him, but they knew he was in over his head. Some felt he was done in by the organizational setup, especially when it came to discipline. One player said his name only comes up in reference to how much better the schemes are this year than last year. But nobody expressed anger toward him. However, usually when there’s a change in coaches you hear his name spoken at least a little bit. Not in this case. Players want to forget the past two years. They know their setup is much better now.

2. Byron Westbrook is having a good camp. If the final 53 were set today, he’d be on it – and Justin Tryon would not. Westbrook does a nice job using his eyes and he’s physical. Both attributes give him an edge with Jim Haslett. The kid has come a long way.

4. Sorry, gonna say it one last time: the player I enjoyed watching most this camp was London Fletcher. He still plays with passion. It’s too bad some of that doesn’t rub off on you know who. Fletcher plays hungry even in practice.

5. Mike Furrey told Chris Russell of ESPN 980 that he was done for the season. Russell bumped into him in the building at Redskins Park as he was leaving with his belongings. Never a good sign.

6. Two reasons Malcolm Kelly could still make the roster: One, there’s not a lot of talent at this spot and two, he’s a big guy. Mike Shanahan likes big guys and save for Devin Thomas, this is a tiny group. My hunch is they’ll keep six wideouts.

7. The GM said of Thomas: “I’m not giving up on him.” As for Kelly, he said, “If he can’t stay healthy, how can Kelly be good?” This GM has been consistent over the past couple years in his praise of Thomas and his skepticism regarding Kelly.

8. Camp MVP on offense: Trent Williams. In a few years it might seem silly that there was any debate about taking him or Russell Okung. Camp MVP on defense: Fletcher. See item No. 4.

9. Perhaps the best aspect of this camp is how healthy the Redskins

10. No studs and duds today since they weren’t in full pads.

more...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 20, 2010 6:31 AM | Report abuse

10. No studs and duds today since they weren’t in full pads.

more...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 20, 2010 6:31 AM

STUD

John Keim -- This guy shows up every day and puts in 110%. He understands his position, knows what the coaches are looking for, and never fails to deliver. When the final roster is assembled he should be on it.

DUD

Jason Reid -- He is to journalism what Albert Haynesworth is to football. He's lazy, out of shape, has a bad attitude, and is never around the ball. He's about the slowest in his field and if the story doesn't involve Haynesworth he won't touch it. Only keeps his job because he's the owner's lap poodle.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 20, 2010 6:51 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 20, 2010 5:13 AM

Not a bad idea. Like the addition of Horton. Safety is one of the deeper position group for the Skins.

Posted by: TWISI | August 20, 2010 7:15 AM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: beep-beep | August 20, 2010 7:18 AM | Report abuse

Always miss all the good threads...darn kids...

Posted by: PlayAction | August 20, 2010 8:25 AM | Report abuse

Always miss all the good threads...darn kids...

Posted by: PlayAction

A while ago, everyone here used to have good football conversation... now everyone just hates each other!!!! What is up with that?! I understand hating cowgirls fans, but now Skins fans hating other Skins fans? Come on now...

Posted by: rachel216 | August 20, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

I predict Kyle Boller will start for the Raiders.

Posted by: DC_MAN88

haha.

From what I'm hearing, everyone is impressed with what Boller did in the preseason game against the girls. They're falling in love with the backup QB.

Poor Jason. It's just sad because he looked the SAME as he did here. I hope he does well over there but Oakland has the same problems we had last year. It's not that much better.

Posted by: rachel216 | August 20, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: rachel216 | August 20, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

When was this "while ago" again?

Posted by: WorstSeat | August 20, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse