Calling All Baltimore-Area Fans (Updated)

If you are in the B-more area tonight, and I know many of you are from the emails I receive, stop by Federal Hill. I'm going to swing by a promotion that Fox 1370 AM - and my main man Jerry Coleman - are running at Ryleigh's Oyster Bar on Cross Street.

Coleman is hosting a rally there ahead of the Beltway grudge match Sunday, with some former Ravens and Redskins players and what I expect to be a festive mood. Redskins fans are invited and it's all in good fun, with games and contests on tap. I'll be there from 7-9, and I'm told there are some pretty good beer and food specials (which is generally all the motivation I need).

I'll be chatting at noon; I have a feeling quarterback questions are going to get my heart racing.

Oh, and a quick random here: I forgot to mention that Durant Brooks lost out in the battle to be the Packers' next punter. He was beat out by Jeremy Kapinos, who, a few weeks ago, lost out in a punting competition to Ryan Plackemeier in Washington after Brooks was cut here. What a crazy little circle it is in the punting ranks, eh?

The Packers offered Brooks a practice-squad spot, according to a source with knowledge of the sitution, but he plans to honor at least two more workout invitations before deciding

By Jason La Canfora  |  December 4, 2008; 11:01 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Final Flacco Post of the Week
Next: How Clairvoyant Are You?

Comments

I hate brooks and Suisham

Posted by: HonestSkinsFan | December 4, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Just goes to show you the league doesn't know squat when it comes to kicking & punting... lol.

Most of you know where I stand on all this. Unless the leg is golden, go for a football player first!

Garo Ypremien anyone (S to tha sjk'ing P?)?

Posted by: DikShuttle | December 4, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Beltway grudge match Sunday,

Did I miss something? I don't ever remember this being a grudge match since we don't play the Ravens every year

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | December 4, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

I hate brooks and Suisham

Posted by: HonestSkinsFan | December 4, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

WOW! That is an angry man with some misguided enmity. Don't get me wrong - Suisahm needs to be on a ver yshort leash and probably needs to be replaced. But we've got bigger problems. Brooks? Long gone.

Skins 17 B-more 9

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 4, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

I hate all ST kickers that we have had for the past 15 years!

Posted by: alex35332 | December 4, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Hopefully 'Skins fans will invade Baltimore like the Steelers did to us a few weeks back.

Posted by: swowra | December 4, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

another thing, the Baltimore fan that was giving me crap also genuinely seemed to be jealous that we had Dan Snyder as our owner.

He kept going on and on about how it wasn't fair he had so much money and all this. I couldn't help but laugh at the guy.

Just weird though, I don't even know/care who their owner is.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | December 4, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Is the league's moving this game to Sunday night when we are 0-3 in primetime an abovious sign of a vast, left/right wing(you chose), anti-Redskins conspiracy or is that the mescaline talking?

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 4, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

God help us...first the incessant ranting of the release of Leigh Torrence and now another shameless plug for that worthless oaf Jerry Coleman. You're killing me JLC, you're f-ing killing me...

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 4, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Leigh Torrence is a special teams phenom.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | December 4, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Leigh Torrence?! We talkin' 'bout Leigh Torrence?!!

The character of Johnny Appleseed was based on Torrence... except for the part about planting apple trees... and not raping men

Posted by: DikShuttle | December 4, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Skins 17 B-more 9

what in the past month+ has demonstrated that the skins will
2) the redskins offense can score 17 points against a top 5 defense?

Posted by: HonestSkinsFan | December 4, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

I believe the owner of the Raven is still Art Modell - the A-hole that moved them from Cleveland for a new stadium. I believe for safety reasons, he has never been back to Ohio.

Posted by: suzannepdc | December 4, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: suzannepdc | December 4, 2008 11:51 AM |

The owner of the Ravens is Steve Bisciotti

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 4, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse

bleep bleep

Posted by: BeantownGreg | December 4, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

"1) be able to hold baltimore's offense to only 9 points (only team to able to shut them down recently was the giants)"

Dallas with Tony Romo, a far far far better offense than the Ravens, could only muster 14 points against the skins. That, by the way, was the Tony Romo-led Cowboys lowest offensive output of the season. Excuse me for thinking the Redskins have an easier task shutting down Joe Flacco.

Posted by: psps23 | December 4, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Let's talk WildCat Offense....

Has anyone considered the mismatch that would be created by putting 3 wide left, Randle El wide right, Portis in backfield then swapping Campbell and Randle El?

No defense is going to double cover a QB lined up as a receiver but Campbell is 6'5" 225 and wanted to play Pro Hoops. What defensive back in the league is going to out jump Campbell for the ball?

Run everyone deep. Throw the fade to Campbell, screen to Portis, or let the defensive linemen try to catch Randle El. All the options favor the Skins. What do you think? Let's do it.

Posted by: Rdsknsfan4life1 | December 4, 2008 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: suzannepdc | December 4, 2008 11:51 AM

Actually, Modell has been gone for years now, at least 3 or 4. Their owner is Steve Biscotti (sp?), not to be confused with our own Ryan Boschetti.

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 4, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Oh, you mean the same tony romo that hadn't played a game in a month and still won? My point still remains, even if we hold the raven's to 14, why are were going to score 15?

In their last 7 games, the Ravens have scored (34, 36, 10 - giants, 41, 37, 29 and 27)...Flacco may be a rookie, but he's putting points on the board.

Posted by: HonestSkinsFan | December 4, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Yeah hon. Going to drink some beer and crabs and watch dem ravens play hon. Over dere at the Ravens Roost hon. Over dere on Holabird Avenue hon in Dundalk hon. Marty Bass will be crying in his beer after the dirty dirty birds get a real @$$ kicking. Baltimore is an ugly diry city. Oh and it smells like $h!t!

Posted by: bigjofc | December 4, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Let's talk WildCat Offense....

Posted by: Rdsknsfan4life1 | December 4, 2008 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Ha! This is why God created sports talk radio and the internet...so people can just randomnly make up the craziest sh** they want...reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where George is trying to become the Assistant GM..."I figured out a way where we can get Bonds and Griffey and we wouldn't have to give up that much!"

Posted by: Fuzzy21 | December 4, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse