Campbell Grilled by Local Journalist

I figure it's only a matter of time until Taylor Dehaven is doing the Redskins Insider.

By Cindy Boren  |  October 29, 2008; 11:47 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Take Two: Skins' First-Half MVP
Next: Moss Named NFC Special-Teams Player of Week

Comments

First!

Posted by: brownwood26 | October 29, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

The funny thing is that if we took a vote of the RI "regulars", I'd bet this kid would be taking JLC's job...

Posted by: brownwood26 | October 29, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse

WILLIE PARKER GETTING CLOSER
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 29, 2008, 11:22 a.m.
Steelers running back Willie Parker is getting closer to returning from a knee injury, with today’s practice potentially determining whether he can play on Monday night against the Redskins.

Parker worked out for the Steelers’ coaches yesterday, and head coach Mike Tomlin said Parker looked “very good.” But Tomlin said the key is seeing how Parker’s knee responds today.

“We’ll see how he feels in the morning and see if he’s capable of practicing [after Tuesday’s workout],” Tomlin said.

Parker was off to a great start this season, with 25 carries for 138 yards in Week 1 and 28 carries for 105 yards in Week 2. But he suffered a knee injury in Week 3 and hasn’t seen the field since.

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 29, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

She's still a little weak on the Xs and Os, frankly.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 29, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

On the HOF list, got a question:

Two WR's

Catches Yds TDs
guy #1 750 11910 65
guy #2 756 11750 67

Super Bowls
Games Wins Yds/Game TDs
guy #1 3 3 85 2
guy #2 2 2 97 2

How can one of these guys be in the HOF and the other not get considered?

And don't say its because of the eras -- since the guy who isn't in played earlier

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 29, 2008 12:04 PM | Report abuse

She would get my vote. LOL

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | October 29, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

On the topic of Russ Grimm and MVPs, anyone catch any recent Virginia Tech games? OLB Cody Grimm is looking more and more like a consensus defensive MVP for the Hokies. The kid is beast!

Posted by: dcsween | October 29, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse

would you rather the skins eventually draft Greens son WR fur UVA or Grimms son OLB for VT?

Posted by: alex35332 | October 29, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Did I see her roll her eyes at JC there for a second? Bright future, that one.

Posted by: SMACK1 | October 29, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

She's still a little weak on the Xs and Os, frankly.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 29, 2008 12:01 PM
----------------------------------------

And Jasno isn't??

Posted by: NCICURN | October 29, 2008 12:08 PM | Report abuse

She's still a little weak on the Xs and Os, frankly.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 29, 2008 12:01 PM
--------------------------------

And our Jasno isn't??

Posted by: NCICURN | October 29, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

How can one of these guys be in the HOF and the other not get considered?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 29, 2008 12:04 PM

OK, I know Gary Clark is one of the guys your talking about, but who's the other?

Posted by: brownwood26 | October 29, 2008 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Good point, NCICURN.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 29, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

F journalism, get this kid to Hollywood....

Posted by: chrislarry | October 29, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

That would be hysterical. As long as she only posted positive stuff....
I can see it now:
"I've been saying for months now to fire chumptaylor decantwrite; I can write a better article! She write's like she's in the 2nd grade!!!!"
"Who is this "teacher" she keeps referring to as far as helping her write these posts? I call BS; there is no teacher! She's making it all up!"
"Her picture makes her look like a stupid little girl!"
"What a HACK!!! Where does she come up with this stuff....Dr. Suess???"
"Why don't you go back to Virginia, you stupid head?!!! Clearly you are a road-runners fan!"
"We're 6-2 and all you can write about is how you hate boys! What a HACK!"
"FIRE Taylor!!!"

Posted by: dlhaze1 | October 29, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

She can't be too far off Jasno's knowledge base. He'd rather be reporting on goalies and strikers than about X's and O's with the Redskins. And if he can't he'll just badmouth the same beaten down issues. Terrible draft, Vinny doesn't have a clue. No OL depth, no QB pressure, etc etc.

Posted by: F_Registration | October 29, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

And Jasno isn't??

Posted by: NCICURN | October 29, 2008 12:08 PM | Report abuse

I am willing to bet that LaCanfora could run a better Pop-warner team than most of us, the guys been hanging around more football camps than the rest of us.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 29, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: F_Registration | October 29, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

beep beep.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 29, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

irvin vs Gary Clark ... shoulda put in a drug charges column to make it clearer

turns out their stats are almost identical. They also both retired in 8th place on the NFL all-time receiving yards list

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 29, 2008 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | October 29, 2008 12:17 PM

I don't know about that Alex: just because I hang out at a brothel, doesn't mean I could be a pimp. JLC's job is to get info from players and coaches, not break down film. Any analysis he provides is considered extra.

Posted by: brownwood26 | October 29, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

What a great guy Campbell is. I sure as hell hope he's around here for a long time - the QB/fan base love affair is a special one.

Posted by: brian71490 | October 29, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Let me just say I am deeply impressed how good of a person Jason Campbell is after watching this video I have to say he really is. In todays world of NFL players that are selfish, fake and build themselves up to be special, JC came off as a good guy. I know he does not got his due this year on ESPN. They only promote drama. They need to promote a guy like this. He has a good family base and you can see he is a really mature person. Good for him. Tommy

Posted by: tjzukoski | October 29, 2008 3:38 PM | Report abuse