Campbell Plays Despite Ankle Sprain

Redskins quarterback Jason Campbell sprained his left ankle in the second quarter of Washington's 9-7 win over the St. Louis Rams on Sunday, Redskins Coach Jim Zorn said.

Campbell played through the injury - his ankle was taped up over his cleat - and completed 23 of 35 passes for 242 yards. Campbell also rushed for 28 yards.

"I kept trying to fight through it," Campbell said. You "try not to pay attention to it."

()()()

Robert Henson tweets his frustration with the boos:

@RedskinsLB51 All you fake half hearted Skins fan can .. I won't go there but I dislike you very strongly, don't come to Fed Ex to boo dim wits!!

By Paul Tenorio  |  September 20, 2009; 4:55 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Postgame Questionnaire
Next: R. Thomas Likely Out for Season

Comments

They're booing because of the $8 beers.

At $8, you can boo all you want.

Posted by: daggar | September 20, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins just aren't a very good football team and deserve all the booing the fans give.

Posted by: knight1977 | September 20, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

From a previous thread:

Washingto By 9 was the line-hell they only scored 9 LOL, somebody won some money !

Posted by: ThrowItToMyTeam | September 20, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse
-----

I hate to say it, but with the NFL where it is today in this economy, this could be the mother of all conspiracy theories. It DID seem like the Skins were very surprised to have moved down the field with such ease (as in, they weren't "supposed" to score so easily), so they had to do something to slow down the juggernaut. It was probably scripted!!!

Posted by: Xlnt | September 20, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Who's responsbile for Redzone "oofense"? Why won't Zorn trust his QB and let him make plays?

Posted by: LoudMouthDieHard | September 20, 2009 5:06 PM | Report abuse

Why won't Zorn trust his QB and let him make plays?

Posted by: LoudMouthDieHard | September 20, 2009 5:06 PM

What are you talking about? Campbell made at least three throws into the end zone. Thomas dropped one. Sellars dropped one. And ARE got mugged on one.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 20, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse

"Campbell Plays Despite Ankle Sprain"

the foaker needs to spain his miniature brain. Hey Campbell eat shett and get benched you incompetent fool

Posted by: peaceful2008 | September 20, 2009 5:03 PM

Wow, that's ludicrous, Campbell played pretty well today.

All these people crying about Zorn running at the goal line...wow! We are an NFC East that can't run it in from inside the 10. It's the o line that should be embarrased. That's supposed to be their source of pride and they punk out. I blame that on the oline and Vinny for not getting a new one.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 20, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

hey we are 1-1!!!!!!.......

Posted by: chrislarry | September 20, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Just look around the league: The only thing this team lacks and has lacked is big play-makers. Just not there.

Plenty of teams sturggle in the redzone (G-men and us last week), but plenty of teams get 50+ yard plays from speedsters or big bodies.

Other than the rare Tana play, we don't have any of it.

Pats scored 9 today: terrible playcalling and personal, no doubt.

Posted by: OrganicWater | September 20, 2009 5:12 PM | Report abuse

It appears the offense still sucks.

Posted by: walkersr621 | September 20, 2009 5:12 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 20, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

JC marched the ball down-field all day, I don't know how you could point at him as our day's deficiency.

Posted by: OrganicWater | September 20, 2009 5:16 PM | Report abuse

...Zorn sucks. JC sucks. The OLine sucks. The receivers suck. It doesnt really matter who sucks more. Its just clear that Vinnie exponetially sucks for hiring them. You can fix one or the other--cause or effect. Or you can just keep doing the same thing over and over again again every season regardless, because you are making a ton of money each year. Btw, did you see how many empty yellow club seats there where? At least 1/3 empty in those sections--nice sell out.

Posted by: oddjob2 | September 20, 2009 5:18 PM | Report abuse

This goddamn team f-ing sucks!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: RedDMV

And you all expect fans to cheer at the stadium? What the f do they have to cheer about... to feel positive about?

Posted by: RedDMV

I decided to go back and see if you are a hypocrite. Look what you posted, did you forget? No suprise! You are a hypocrite! I can sooooo tell you LOVE the Redskins, by saying "This goddamn team f-ing sucks!!!!!!!!!" What a great fan you are, sir. =)

You're the one who looks like a fool now. Haha.

Posted by: rachel216

Okay.

Look, before all the males on the blog accuse me of being insensitive, to an alleged female, I wanna say, she (an alleged "she") waived her rights to any kind of roll punching that RI is NOT so known for by posting here...

You rachel216, are a fraud. Go back and check the archives and see how you flip-flop more than a fish outta water.

I can say that this team f-ing sucks, then I can blast an fake-ass-fan wanna be such as yourself, because I NEVER gas up another team like they're the greatest thing since Adam and Eve discovered nudity. You constantly express how this tea does that, and how this team is soooooo blah, blah, blah...

Eckkkk.

Does this team sucks? Um, yes.

Do I EVER hold another team up like they're better than the Redskins? Um, NO!

YOU do!

You , will quickly rip how this team is awful, and damn a couple of games, let them string together a couple of good plays, and you'll hop back on them like...

Never mind, you are a female... allegedly.

Nice copy and paste job, sister. It by no means, express hypocriticism on my part.

If anyone here is taking for a joke-ass of a fan, it's you.

I mean, you don't have to cheer for the Redskins because your daddy, your uncles, or your brothers root for the 'skins.

Maybe you root for them because of their colors.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 20, 2009 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Sellers wants the money and feels he is underappreciated but yet can't catch an easy pass. C'mon

Of course our team can get a fumble recovery and then get a questionable roughing the QB.

Where is the Skins play where our guy if wide open? I watch other games and always see one play where a team get a big play with a guy wide open.

Doesn't look like Zorn has an offensive NFL game plan.

Posted by: fearturtle44 | September 20, 2009 6:04 PM | Report abuse

Robert henson needs to get released !

Posted by: wafflez72 | September 20, 2009 6:06 PM | Report abuse

"Campbell Plays Despite Ankle Sprain"

Posted by: peaceful2008 | September 20, 2009 5:03 PM

Wow, how ignorant is this comment?

Posted by: gcoles32 | September 20, 2009 6:10 PM | Report abuse

Todd Collins and get Garcia when cut by Philly. can,t wait on Campbell no more

Posted by: lostdogrwd1011 | September 20, 2009 6:23 PM | Report abuse

Robert Henson tweets his frustration with the boos:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hey Robert,
FedEx is where the dim wits play. Where can we boo??

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 20, 2009 6:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: peaceful2008 | September 20, 2009 7:43 PM | Report abuse

penultimate

Posted by: daggar | September 20, 2009 8:09 PM | Report abuse

last!

Posted by: peaceful2008 | September 20, 2009 9:38 PM | Report abuse

Can't we just try putting in Collins? I've been a big supporter of Campbell but I think we've seen enough to realize that he ain't got the goods to carry this team. He lacks the killer instinct that great quarterbacks have.

Posted by: djm4christ | September 20, 2009 10:40 PM | Report abuse

I don't know why everyone is hating on Campbell, besides Cooley he has been our best offense player this season (not that that is saying much). Through the first 2 games Campbell's rating is at 89.0 (by the way that is better than Hasselbeck 88.2; Rodgers 87;Big Ben 85.6; Rivers 84.8; Brady 76.8; CUTLER 71.5; and Cassel 66.9).

I believe the biggest problem with our offense is playcalling, a lack of a good offense line (we are solid at best) and playmakers on the edge (CP is my man and is always producing, but he has seem to have lost his big play ability that he had in Denver; and with Santana he is hit or miss).

I think Zorn should get his fair crack at it but honestly at sometimes it seems like his is clueless with the play calling.

In regards to the offensive line I place the blame on Vinny and Sndyer; for the last ten years we have neglected the o-line in the draft. With all the traded picks and bad scouting (2nd day of the draft) we can't seem to get any noteable o-line (or d-line for that matter) through the draft!

All that being said, I think Redskins Nation should calm down a bit and relax, especially when it comes to JC. We loss against the winner of the division on the road by 6 points. Then we won a bad game against the one of the NFL's worst teams, BUT WE WON! We are 1-1 with a favorable schedule. I figure if we can find a way to score, with our defense we should be in good shape.

Posted by: JON2121114 | September 20, 2009 11:58 PM | Report abuse

Oh in regards to Collins; there is a reason why his is a career backup. What he did 2 years ago was okay, yes just okay. Especially how he played against Seattle in the playoff game.

I think (no I know Campbell has way more upside than a 37 year old backup with a career rating of 76.9).

I think it is this kind of impatience and rash decision-making that has got this organization it this situation in the first place!

Posted by: JON2121114 | September 21, 2009 12:04 AM | Report abuse

Any Redskins fan has a right to BOO the redskins today. You can't kick field goals and only win by 2 points againts probably the worst team in the league. Poor Jason campbell is not getting his chances downfield, and absoulutly terrible play calling.

Posted by: Woodburn535 | September 21, 2009 1:16 AM | Report abuse

peaceful2008 is a b!tch

Posted by: millineumman | September 21, 2009 7:24 AM | Report abuse

ha ha these comments are very funny but so true to some point of view!

Jim Zorn- JC is saying "Let me be myself" by GEICO

Posted by: elj220 | September 21, 2009 8:32 AM | Report abuse

who is robert henson anyway?

Posted by: deadskin | September 21, 2009 1:53 PM | Report abuse