Campbell Says He's Fine

From Barry Svrluga:

Quarterback Jason Campbell just stopped by the media room at Redskins Park and said that he doesn't expect any problems preparing for the Lions because of his groin.

"It feels good," Campbell said. "I'm fine. It's just sore. But other than that I'm fine. I got looked at, the doctor said all we have to do is work on flexibility, and you can just do that every day, just take 10 minutes. Just work on stretching and just stay loose and preparing yourself."

And that's what Campbell will do. Asked if he would miss practice - the Redskins begin preparations for Detroit on Wednesday - Campbell said: "I won't miss practice. It's not to that certain extent, to no means. If we had to play a game tomorrow, I'd be ready."

Campbell reiterated that the groin - which he tweaked in the first half when he just slipped a little bit - affected him slightly during the game, but that it loosened up a bit.

"Just early in the game just a little bit just because of the stiffness and [being] tight," Campbell said. "We had a cool game yesterday, and we really didn't get started out the way we would like to offensively so we never got into a rhythm where you were working up a sweat or you were really getting involved in the game, so it just got stiff and tight. But as the game went along and I got stretched out on the sideline by [head athletic trainer] John Burrell and the trainers kept a heat pack on it, just kept it warm throughout the game, it loosened up and I began to get back to normal."

By Cindy Boren  |  October 20, 2008; 4:02 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Redskins, by the Numbers
Next: Punter Brooks Is Gone

Comments

First...shall be last.

Posted by: p1funk | October 20, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

At this rate he'll have lead the league in carries for the second straight year.....no thanks...Seems to me that getting Rock/Shaun more carries this next game would be at the top of Zorn's list of things to do

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 20, 2008 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Man, Jasno is balling today. It's like drinking from a firehose. Thanks for all the info, Jasno.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | October 20, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

I got nothing.

Missed the game, but good to hear about the victory.

Hail to the Blog. Hail to the Redskins.

P.S
I heart Jim Zen.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | October 20, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

I agree Greg,

It'd be great if we could lighten his load a bit. A nice lead on the Detroit in the first half and shutting him down in favor our Rock and Sean wouldn't be a bad thing.

Posted by: Gweez | October 20, 2008 4:14 PM | Report abuse

We play the Lions next?

Sit CP down. Shut him down. Let the man rest!

Posted by: Chia_Pet | October 20, 2008 4:16 PM | Report abuse

I don't know if anyone noticed, but I'm quietly having a HUGE day in my beep beep stats. Four for nine.

Posted by: dcsween | October 20, 2008 4:18 PM | Report abuse

still weird seeing people say to get Shaun Alexendar more carries as a Redskin

I felt weird on his first run last week...it's just weird, period. Anyone else??

Posted by: TheTruth11 | October 20, 2008 4:20 PM | Report abuse

correction : by "last week" I meant "yesterday"...

Posted by: TheTruth11 | October 20, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

BREAKING NEWS:

The fan who was horse collared by ARE, has been positively identified as none other than our esteemed, and beloved, fellow blogger, Sports_Guru.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | October 20, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

I hate to keep this going and I hate to say anything negative about our D after how lights out they have been

but

are we ever gonna get something out of Jason Taylor? I was hopeful when we traded for him, but he's just not there minus a few batted balls. If he performed as well as everyone hoped, we'd have an incredible, incredible, incredible defense. Is his injury slowing him down THAT much? I'm not really buying it to be honest. Hopefully he proves me wrong though.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | October 20, 2008 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Sween,

You've carried the day but it's "team blogging" up here. Stay medium.

Posted by: Gweez | October 20, 2008 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Patience, truth.

Jason Taylor will come up big deeper in the regular season, and in the playoffs, you'll see...

Posted by: Chia_Pet | October 20, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

i haven't had time to blog it out in a while...but here's a couple of things:

1. jasno does not know football. it's clear as a day. he is a soccer fan for godsakes! that was a must win, in my eyes and they pulled it out. a great great great win for this team.

i know i'm being general here but i don't have to go back to what he wrote in the H back. the dude just doesn't know the NFL or football. to call jim zorn's play calling gibsesque was lame and shows how little he knows about the game.

and i'm getting tired of "i told you so" in your H back. you NEVER EVER said it was going to be ugly or close. EVER! you might've insinuated "close" but never said "UGLY". jasno, this is the same team PLUS kellen winslow that destroyed the giants!!! dude, you ever think that this team has anything to do with how the other QB's, WR's, RB's look??? c'mon!!!

and i have to criticize your reporting too now. you said griff is "healthy" after the game. we hang on to every word you report about this team. and when you report someone's healthy and then i see griff with a big a $ $ ice bag on his shoulder and telling reporters he's not healthy. c'mon!!!!!

2. there is no one else i want on this beat that jasno. he can report with the best of them but please stick to reporting cuz your analytical skills are not there yet. you confuse being critical with cynical.

3. cl, te, jm220, alex, greg, all of you went after skinz/gweez for calling jc "a good game manager". but guess who else used the same 3 letter word to describe jc? his own head coach after the game. so lay off my boy he knows what he's talking about.

Posted by: dealer1 | October 20, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Campbell has now thrown 224 consecutive passes without an interception, a franchise record. He broke the previous record of 161 against Philadelphia on Oct. 5, when he surpassed Joe Theismann’s mark set in 1983.

-redskins.com

----------

Wow, just wow!

Posted by: Chia_Pet | October 20, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | October 20, 2008 4:18 PM |

How can we not notice? It's a career day for you. You've got my Pro Bowl vote in the beep beep category.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | October 20, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

“We’ve been able to get to that third and fourth progression in the offense,” he said. “The offensive line has given me a lot of opportunities to stand back there [in the pocket] and maneuver the ball downfield. When you have time, you’re able to go through all of your progressions, and that’s important."

-Jason Campbell

Posted by: Chia_Pet | October 20, 2008 4:36 PM | Report abuse

also chia, a good stat that said (I believe) of all QB's that have thrown over 65 passes, JC is the only one that hasn't thrown a pick. Everyone else has at LEAST two picks thrown.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | October 20, 2008 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Anyone know who's jersey the crazy fan was wearing yesterday? I couldn't tell cleanly from the video but my guess is it was Cooley's 47.

Posted by: RambleOn | October 20, 2008 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Sports_Guru was NOT wearing Jason Campbell's jersey when he stormed the field, that much has been confirmed.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | October 20, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

"Is his injury slowing him down THAT much?"

Yeah, I'd go out on a limb and say the injury is affecting him THAT much.

Posted by: 4-12 | October 20, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dealer1 | October 20, 2008 4:33 PM |

Dude,

There's "game managers" and "Game Managers." Zorn said it with respect and admiration. gweez said it with ridicule and condescention. gweez was damning him with faint praise. Zorn was praising him with fine accolades.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | October 20, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Good point 4-12!

Posted by: Chia_Pet | October 20, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Jason Taylor still has the stitches in his calf from the emergency surgery. There is still blood leaking into the muscle per an earlier post. Think about getting a 6 inch incision on your calf and toughing it out by getting back on the field in the matter of a couple weeks. He hasn't given us what we are looking for yet but he has been dinged up the whole season and we still have over half of it left. Be patient.

Posted by: F_Registration | October 20, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

"I don't know, Truth. You ever go to the hospital in the middle of the night with excruciating pain in your calf, have the doctor look at it, tell you if you don't have surgery immediately you risk nerve damage or even potential loss of limb or life? Have you then had that surgery and tried to play football, at a position that requires explosiveness? Have you continued playing, even though after the game, the coaches say there's some blood coming out of the still healing incision?

Yeah, I'd go out on a limb and say the injury is affecting him THAT much.

Posted by: 4-12 | October 20, 2008 4:39 PM"

I've had blood soaked socks after a game, sure, and it didn't slow me down that much.

Also, please excuse me for asking a question. If it's slowing him down THAT much, I don't think he should be out there playing. Kudos to him if he is playing with this incredible pain, but maybe he should sit out some more if he's not really gonna have a big impact on the game and our DE's are playing just fine without him.

Again I wasn't knocking the guy, I liked the trade and I hope he'll have a great second half of the season, but I just haven't been impressed by him at all since he's got here.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | October 20, 2008 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Whoosh... Whoosh... Whoosh...[sound of waves crashing on a craggy, wind swept beach]

Posted by: Chia_Pet | October 20, 2008 4:44 PM | Report abuse

te, some men you just can't reach.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 20, 2008 4:45 PM | Report abuse

They said Jason Taylor was bleeding from his calf after the game, so it's obviously not healed all the way. It sounds like they had to bore a pretty deep hole in it to drain stuff out.

But I hope as the season wears on he can work into shape. This defense generally does not use blitzing schemes, which means we need to rely on our down linemen to beat their guys and get to the QB..it would be nice to see a little more of that out of JT/AC.

Posted by: p1funk | October 20, 2008 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheTruth11 | October 20, 2008 4:44 PM

----------

He looks damn fine in his uniform, THAT much you have to admit...

Posted by: Chia_Pet | October 20, 2008 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Dude,

Posted by: talent_evaluator | October 20, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Really? Hmm interesting. Thanks for letting me know what I was saying. Ridicule and condescention, umm no. My feeling is that he is basically solid if unspectacular and an average QB right now.

You have the right to disagree but please don't tell me what I really said. I've always been on the JC bandwagon agreeing with many people up here. I've always being vehemently against an Collins talk.

You want to drink the koolaide have fun but put words in my mouth TE. I certainly afford you the same courtesy.

Posted by: Gweez | October 20, 2008 4:46 PM | Report abuse

TE absolutely does NOT have the right to disagree; more of a privilege, me thinks.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | October 20, 2008 4:49 PM | Report abuse

skinz, lighten up...mmkay....

if by 'solid, unspectacular, and average', you mean, one of the top 10 in qb ratings in the league, and not having thrown an INT, then sure, I agree.

How many 4th quarter comebacks has he lead the team on this year?? What is his qb rating in the 4th quarter of games this year??

If he's as you described, what do you call someone who isn't ranked in the top 10 as far as qb rating goes.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 20, 2008 4:51 PM | Report abuse

honestly can't believe anyone can find fault in JC's play this year, he's been off the charts

he's outplayed Romo's overrated self and McNabb this year in the NFC Beast alone, and I don't keep up with the Giants enough to say, but right now I'd take him over Eli too.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | October 20, 2008 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Wow...

A Redskins win and everyone overlooks those stupid RedSux remarks in the other post.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 20, 2008 4:59 PM | Report abuse

gweez was damning him with faint praise.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | October 20, 2008 4:41 PM

Posted by: Gweez | October 20, 2008 4:46 PM

So, my point is that you were damning him with faint praise and you went and did it again. How is that "putting words into your mouth?" And exactly which words did I put into your mouth?

As for "average QB" you're flat out wrong. Look at the numbers from NFL.com. JC's 96.3 QB rating puts him ninth (out of 34) in the league. Average would be David Gerard (16th) or Jake Delhomme (17th). At ninth in the league, JC is not yet an elite QB, but he's in the top quarter.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | October 20, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

... it's "team blogging" up here. Stay medium.

Posted by: Gweez | October 20, 2008 4:30 PM

Got it. I almost beeped just now, but it felt like the wrong call. Cindy had to burn a time out. I'm back together now. Stay medium. Staying medium. Still medium. Got it.

Posted by: dcsween | October 20, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

I had a thought about the Jason Taylor during the game, but I got distracted (attention span problem of RI hamsters) by the OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES registered by Evans and Carter!

Posted by: dcsween | October 20, 2008 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheTruth11 | October 20, 2008 4:56 PM | Report abuse

He has been good, solid and an excellent game manager, but off the charts????? Come on!!! While I'd say above average, I do agree with Gweez in that it's been mostly unspectacular. Solid, perfect where it counts, doesn't push the envelope, even keel and pretty much everything I'd really want in my QB, let's face it, the kid has more sub 200 yard games this year and really only one game he's truely lit things up.

Campbell has yet to turn the corner to be the type of QB to take the game fully on his shoulders and win lights out. Don't get me wrong, I think he can and he will get there and I like the way he is more careful then gunslinger. But reality he still has LOTS of room for improvement.

Posted by: fbchick | October 20, 2008 5:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheTruth11 | October 20, 2008 4:56 PM |

In terms of QB rankings, Romo is second, JC is ninth, MdNabb is 12th, Eli is 15th. But, remember the quality of the defenses that Romo faced and the quality of the defenses that JC has gone against.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | October 20, 2008 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Not sure whether this link will go right to slide 9, but if not, go to slide 9.

I'm pretty sure the call on the field was the right call. But if this happens OFF the field, I'm pretty sure that Edwards should be planning on dinner and a movie for Rogers.

Also, I'm not too smart about categories and definitions, but I'm pretty sure that the "game manager" is Zorn and that the "quarterback" is Campbell.

Posted by: dcsween | October 20, 2008 5:09 PM | Report abuse

"cl, te, jm220, alex, greg, all of you went after skinz/gweez for calling jc "a good game manager"

Good to have ole'off the rails dealer back, you have been to sane lately...

BUTTT I love how I get dragged into stuff I have nothing to do with....I haven't even commented today!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: chrislarry | October 20, 2008 5:16 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: dcsween | October 20, 2008 5:20 PM | Report abuse

+++ jasno does not know football. it's clear as a day. +++--DEALER

Opening Salvo. Made his statement. We now get ready for details.--CORK

+++and i have to criticize your reporting too now..."--DEALER

" there is no one else i want on this beat that jasno. he can report with the best of them..."---DEALER, Next graf.+++

Are you familiar with this poem? Perhaps you should be...

"Roses are red
Violets are Blue
I'm a schizophrenic
And so am I."

+++3. cl, te, jm220, alex, greg, all of you went after skinz/gweez for calling jc "a good game manager". but guess who else used the same 3 letter word to describe jc? his own head coach after the game+++--DEALER

What "3 letter word" was that, dealer? "Cat?" "Dog?" "The?"

Good rule of thumb. When you criticize writers, try to write coherently yourself. Otherwise, you just sound like some nutjob blowing off steam.

Posted by: TheCork | October 20, 2008 5:21 PM | Report abuse

I'm with sween - Carter beasted out yesterday. Evans played well too, as did Kedric and Corny, who was apprently hurting pretty badly. Our line may not be getting lots of (or any...) sacks, but they do cause pressure. And what does that say about our LB's and DB's?? Rheotrical question of course- if they play the 2nd half of the season close to this level, and we don't get at least 3 Pro Bowl selections from the back 7, it's a crime. If J Taylor can get 100% and give us 5-6 sacks in the 2nd half, this could be a scary good D

JC is the man. Plain and simple. I've said it before and will say it every time he's compared to the rest of the NFC East and/or criticized - wouldn't trade him for ANY of those guys, even (especially) Romo. He's the youngest, the biggest, the best athlete, maybe the strongest arm and seems to have the best demeanor. Oh, and did we mention no picks in 2,000,000 throws???

HAIL