Campbell Works on His Flexibility

Jason La Canfora texts this in:

Jason Campbell said his groin is feeling pretty good and he will practice normally today. He said he is doing extra stretching and is trying avoid aggravating the injury. Doctors told him to improve his flexibility, if possible, to prevent against further tightness.

"I've got a mandatory 10-20 minutes of extra stretching every day to get loose," he said. "Flexability is a big part of everything I do."

By Cindy Boren  |  October 22, 2008; 12:15 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Play-by-Play Playback
Next: For Now, Portis Will Take It and Run

Comments

looking at this year's draft board

we should be thankful we drafted two WR's last year, seriously. This coming draft will have a dreadful WR class and other than Micheal Crabtree, I wouldn't count on any of 'em to contribute right away.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | October 22, 2008 12:19 PM

Posted by: TheTruth11 | October 22, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

1st

Posted by: Flounder21 | October 22, 2008 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Theres a LB outta USC Monmaleugua, probly not spelled correct but when do I . He is a beast could play all the positions but i could seee him being a Stong side guy.

Posted by: Stu27 | October 22, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stu27 | October 22, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Actually, it was my bad on the beep thing. I published the entry, beeped you guys, then saw Loseable Type had logged me off. Had to sign on and republish, so that one's on me, not your computer. 30,000 more PostPoints and I can get a new version of Loseable Type.

Posted by: CindyBoren | October 22, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Rey Maualuga, man i suck at spelling.

Posted by: Stu27 | October 22, 2008 12:26 PM | Report abuse

6'2 260 easily an OLB. Will he be there though, him and Laurenitis are 1&2 in my book.

Posted by: Stu27 | October 22, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

we're 5-2 and people are talking about the draft? huh?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 22, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Did you guys notice that the Cheeves cut Nick Novak?

Posted by: CindyBoren | October 22, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

ok maybe good was an exaggeration, but he did have 3 td's as a rookie and never got back on the field because of the ACL. Why do you guys label him a bust so quickly and give Kelly so much latitude, Jackson at least got into camp in shape got on the field right away and contributed then he got hurt, and I haven't heard anybody say he was cut cause he can't read a playbook or run routes, all I've heard is he got hurt, and then Welker and Moss came along with Gaffney and they didn't want to pay a 2nd pick anymore.

Posted by: zjfr2 | October 22, 2008 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Maluagaandleledla is a beast, and I doubt he goes anywhere near where we pick.

Posted by: zjfr2 | October 22, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Fear not, zcezcest1. It was a mere stop at a scenic overlook on the road to playoff nirvana.

Posted by: CindyBoren | October 22, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

"we're 5-2 and people are talking about the draft? huh?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 22, 2008 12:30 PM"

Cause I like talking about the past, present, and future of my favorite team.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | October 22, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

zj, are you kidding me about comparing Jackson and Kelly?? Kelly has 7 games experience, Jackson has 4 years, but you don't get why one guy gets a pass and the other doesn't??

Read this:

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 22, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

zjfr, MLB and O line are pretty deep this year.

Top 3 LB's are Laurinitaus, Mal..., and Brian Cushing also from USC. All of those guys will contribute immediately.

O line I'm looking at and that position is stacked like 12 deep in first round talents. Loadholt from OU is ranked as like the 12th best O linemen in the draft and he's studly.

Center position is deep this year, too, as is CB.

RB and WR are kinda ehhh this year, so I'd avoid those

Posted by: TheTruth11 | October 22, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Pat Ram to IR with a bum elbow....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 22, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

and wow can't believe I've overlooked Jasper Brinkley outta USC. Guy is like Jerrod Mayo at New England, just a freak!

He might be there in our 3rd round pick...

Posted by: TheTruth11 | October 22, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

They must draft only guys whose names are easily spellable....it's the Laveranues Coles rule.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 22, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins filled the spot by signing guard Isaiah Ross to the practice squad.

Ross has spent a week apiece on the Minnesota and New Orleans practice squads this year and played the last two springs in the Arena Football League.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 22, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Wait till December to talk draft

Posted by: lilagram | October 22, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

I read this morning that the Broncos were looking at Chad Jackson.

Posted by: skinswest | October 22, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Beantown, once again, wrong with the facts, Jackson's rookie year was 2006 he played in 12 games had 13 catches for 152 and 3 td's, 4 rushes for 22 yards. I don't think Kelly will come anywhere near that this year, I could be wrong but 1 catch for 4 yds through 6 games aint a good start. He's hurt because he couldn't come to camp in shape ready to play football, Jackson actually tore his ACL on the field contributing to a elite NFL team, then couldn't get back on the field when that team got Welker and Moss. And your article reference says he has world class talent, prepares harder than anybody according to Belicheck, and missed a hot route read and that was why he was cut, that's your defense? Here is the final quote from your reference:

"Will Jackson play for another team this year? My answer is, Have you seen some of the receivers out there? Jackson is a lot better than a lot of other guys in the league, someone has to need a talented athlete who needs a little longer to develop."

huh, sounds a like a lot of guys around here, if Kelly was IR'd he would have been an intriguing option, that's all I said.

Posted by: zjfr2 | October 22, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 22, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

spokne lik a truu edittor

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 22, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

I am wondering what all the Terps and ACC cats out there think of Heyward-Bay. Kids got blazzing and effortless speed, but I think hes a converted track guy. Looks good anytime i watch a maryland game but not sure if he would pan out in the NFL, i would think its worth a shot if he fell far enough.

Posted by: Stu27 | October 22, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Wait till December to talk draft

Posted by: lilagram | October 22, 2008 12:46 PM

December? December is prime time for talking about that word we're not allowed to say that starts with "play" and ends with "offs".

Posted by: 4-12 | October 22, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stu27 | October 22, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

From what I've been reading, Haywood-Bey is ranked in the top 30 at this time, as far as prospects go.

Posted by: TWISI | October 22, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

"Wait till December to talk draft

Posted by: lilagram | October 22, 2008 12:46 PM

Posted by: 4-12 | October 22, 2008 12:51 PM"

indeed, and if it takes draft talk to NOT jinx us with that kinda talk, I'm all for it.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | October 22, 2008 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Don't understand talkng about the draft when the college season and NFL season hasn't been decided yet. 'skins don't know where they're going to pick or anything yet. For all we know some of these college kids being named could very well return to school. Boo on draft talk; they haven't played half the season yet, and we talkin' 'bout draft? Draft?

zcezcest1, i saggest you lurn haowl to spalle furst.

Posted by: RedDMV | October 22, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

zj, great, you got me on the 3 versus 4 years. You win....

Chad Jackson still sucks, hows that working out for you?? 32 NFL clubs have had a chance to sign him since he got cut, and over a month passed before someone took a flyer on him. It coudln't be that he sucks...no...not at all....

He couldn't get right with the best qb in the league, but you keep fighting the good fight for this guy....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 22, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

havent really seen any other interesting topics to converse on besides college players and the draft.
Good thing is there will be some decent QB's coming out so they should take up a lot of the first round picks for teams, bad thing is there arent many RB.

Posted by: Stu27 | October 22, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Campbell needs to talk to Caron Butler about yoga. Caron had a lot of hip/groin problem but he did yoga all summer.

I can see Jim Zorn leading a yoga session with a hip, hip, hooray after completion.

Posted by: theBIGC_1982 | October 23, 2008 8:57 AM | Report abuse