Carlos Rogers: Not signing tender offer yet 'is not really a big deal'

Cornerback Carlos Rogers does not know when he will sign his one-year tender offer, but the delay in the process "is not really a big deal" and the five-year veteran will report to minicamp Friday, he said Thursday evening.

In a phone interview, Rogers revealed that his agent plans to speak with General Manager Bruce Allen about some aspects of Rogers's situation before Rogers signs the one-year deal that would be guaranteed if Rogers is on the 53-man roster for the season opener.

"I haven't done it yet," Rogers said. "I didn't do it today, and [my agent] just has to talk to them about some things."

"I don't need to sign it right now. There's not a rush to sign it, either. We didn't go in depth about it. I'm not saying that that's the reason, but he just said we don't have to sign it right now. There's some things that they're going to talk about."

After initially expressing frustration about being tendered, Rogers, who said he has had positive conversations with Coach Mike Shanahan, said he has refocused on preparing for this season. He can become an unrestricted free agent after the season.

"I'm still working out. I'm still going to minicamp. So all this other stuff, I really haven't even got into it," he said. "This has nothing to do with coaches, nothing to do with me thinking about leaving. There's nothing to all that. It's nothing with the Redskins within the organization.

"All my focus is just still going to minicamp. They haven't even called me to tell me to come sign it, so it's nothing against the Redskins. I'm happy and excited about everything now. ... I just put it all behind me after talking to Coach Shanahan. It's a new start."

By Jason Reid  |  April 15, 2010; 5:59 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Redskins sign Greg Peterson, defensive lineman
Next: Campbell will study Shanahan's playbook despite absence from minicamp

Comments

Tony Dungy on the Eagles sending Donovan McNabb to Redskins:

“You’re not helping your division rival. The Eagles either have questions about McNabb or they don’t view the Redskins as a threat.”

Posted by: Alan4 | April 15, 2010 6:11 PM | Report abuse

"They haven't even called me to tell me to come sign it,"
============================================
Hey CR.. think that may be a hint?

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 15, 2010 6:14 PM | Report abuse

Good thing you already explained this situation?

Posted by: MadeRED | April 15, 2010 6:17 PM | Report abuse

I'm curious how many new starters we'll have on defense this year. I have the over under at 3.5 and I'm leaning toward the over.

Posted by: bangkokben | April 15, 2010 6:17 PM | Report abuse

Guess its out the water, then.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | April 15, 2010 6:20 PM | Report abuse

Every time Carlos speaks I feel just a tinge of embarrassment for the guy.

He so wildly over values himself that it's almost comical. Don't get me wrong kids, a positive self image is nothing to be ashamed of, as I'm sure many of you have heard at Fat Camp, but CR is borderline delusional.

"The Redskins have not even called me to tell me to sign it....."

Yes, SkinsneedaGM, you hit the nail on the head. The team is trying to tell him that they've been trying to trade his sorry ass but can't find anything over an 8th rounder in 2011.

Ironic and sad, since there are only 7 rounds.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | April 15, 2010 6:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alan4 |

Or you're the cheap-a** Eagles front-office that doesn't want to forkover Pro Bowl bucks when you've got a pretty good young QB under contract already waiting in the wings-If the Skins give McNabb some protection, a decent running game and some downfield receiving weaponry, he'll take us to championships...Hopefully the defense will be able to take more of a breather too, Al..///

Posted by: frak | April 15, 2010 6:24 PM | Report abuse

That was an incredibly cogent post.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | April 15, 2010 6:35 PM | Report abuse

dc, I didn't specify WHO would be getting blown out against division rivals u get my drift

Posted by: pabrian2003 | April 15, 2010 6:39 PM | Report abuse

Im all for getting rid of carlos if the price is rite. Lets face it... they gave him such a high tender just to see if anyone was dum enough to offer! Hes just as gone as fatsworth and cry-baby campbell. Adios to carlos. Dont get me wrong, he held his own but he dropped WAY too many game changing interceptions!!! We can do better!

Posted by: goskinsgo1 | April 15, 2010 6:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 15, 2010 6:07 PM |

Stings doesn't it when someone exposes your shti-for-brains and all you can do is let fly an ass bag of juvie schoolyard taunts. Heh, heh.

Posted by: LibertyValence | April 15, 2010 6:45 PM | Report abuse

Say what you will about carlos but he has been our best or second best CB his whole career

Unless you get someone better we need him

I'm glad skkins need a gm isnt the skins gm same for waiting guilty

Posted by: pabrian2003 | April 15, 2010 6:46 PM | Report abuse

Why can't Shanahan say whatever he said to CR that made him do a 180 degree change of attitude to Haynesworth? Is it because 1 has options or is it because the latter doesn't care now that he's gotten his massive payday and could just retire if he doesn't want to play in certain schemes or on certain teams?

I blame the player's union for creating the mega-rich divas that bring down the joy of the game.

Question: why can't the fans create a union and force players and/or owners to do what we want? Fans could threaten a strike and refuse to attend games or buy squat from teams that provide crappy fan experiences. (It would actually have to be enforced to have an impact). That would get the attention of the "haves".

Example: Fans require Haynesworth to pay back a portion of his money to the season ticket holders (the "stakeholders") for not going to team workouts/meetings or for players not being accessible to the media, etc.

"Voluntary" minicamp?! Why bother?! What idiot owners agreed to this clause? Either have mandatory camp or no camp. This process has created unnecessary strife for every party involved.

Comments?

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | April 15, 2010 6:48 PM | Report abuse

Ok, so let me get this straight Carlos...you're "happy and excited about everything now", yet "there's not a rush to sign" your contract? I don't know about you, but if I were geared up to get started in a new defense and work with these new coaches, I damn well WOULD be in a rush to sign so I could get to Redskins Park and get going.

Add this guy to the list of people to shop on draft day for additional picks...

Posted by: brownwood26 | April 15, 2010 6:49 PM | Report abuse

or maybe the eagles are a well managed team that had depth at QB.

Well managed = not emotionally attached to aging vets

A la the patriots, right? That's the rumor.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | April 15, 2010 6:50 PM | Report abuse

Tony Dungy on the Eagles sending Donovan McNabb to Redskins:

Posted by: Alan4 | April 15, 2010 6:11 PM |

Hey, McNabb forced the Eagle's hand. After they stiffed him on a contract renewal he mailed it in for the two critical season-end Dallas games and told them he would not cosign on a trade to a bottom dweller like the Raiders or the Rams.

Posted by: LibertyValence | April 15, 2010 6:51 PM | Report abuse

let's hear the list of guys better than carlos thy are available, smart guy.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | April 15, 2010 6:54 PM | Report abuse

This process has created unnecessary strife for every party involved.

Comments?

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | April 15, 2010 6:48 PM |

We strive for strife.

Cosigned,

the Players and the Owners

Posted by: LibertyValence | April 15, 2010 6:55 PM | Report abuse

You know, [head coach Mike] Shanahan came in and put that foot down from the get-go. It's like, he wants guys that are here and dedicated. He don't care about [if] you got in your contract that you're supposed to be here 85%, you know? He wants guys here 100%. At times you may have to miss because of stuff, but you got guys here -- he sees the dedication of guys here that wanna work. And I know as a secondary, we said 'We're all gonna be here, we're gonna do it.' You've got a couple guys missin' for their various reasons, but in his eyes, guys that don't wanna be here, you know, he's gettin' rid of. And you can only respect that. And everybody's dedicated."
Carlos Rogers Appears Happy With The Current Situation
Posted Apr 13th 2010 11:46AM by Matt Terl (author feed)

Question now is Albert Haynesworth gone? Or would Shanahan make an exception?

Posted by: abxinc | April 15, 2010 6:56 PM | Report abuse

anything Dungy says has way more validity than anything anyone of us thinks or says, let's be real

Posted by: pabrian2003 | April 15, 2010 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone know what happens to a guy if he's not signed his tender, but then attends a "voluntary" mini-camp and gets injured?

Posted by: p1funk | April 15, 2010 6:58 PM | Report abuse

and the let's hear how we get someone better than Los with no picks to trade

Posted by: pabrian2003 | April 15, 2010 6:59 PM | Report abuse

are we assembling a new D Line with the same strategy that worked so well for our O Line?

Sign a bunch of nobody's and be almost the worst in the league, that's what it smells like

Posted by: pabrian2003 | April 15, 2010 7:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | April 15, 2010 6:58 PM |

They ask him which one of his orifices does he want them to use.

Posted by: LibertyValence | April 15, 2010 7:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | April 15, 2010 6:58 PM

having said that, I'm fine w/ Carlos for the tender... pretty sure he'll sign and be here next year.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 15, 2010 7:06 PM | Report abuse

Wow, pabst2003! Not an optimist, I see. Not even a wishful thinker.

Why do you route for the Skins (you do, don't you?)

You should change your moniker to "fair_weather_nonfan".

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | April 15, 2010 7:07 PM | Report abuse

Wow, pabst2003! Not an optimist, I see. Not even a wishful thinker.

Why do you route for the Skins (you do, don't you?)

You should change your moniker to "fair_weather_nonfan".

Posted by: DC2AZ99

unless we seriously upgrade our O line why would we be any better?

there is still a chance to drat Okung, etc, re-sign Levi Jones, but neither has happened.

you haven't noticed i'm the guy up here defending players, not HATING them.

we also need to keep big AL to be as good on D

Posted by: pabrian2003 | April 15, 2010 7:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bangkokben | April 15, 2010 6:17 PM |

Is there a link between you and

bangcockben

from Milledgeville GA?

Posted by: LibertyValence | April 15, 2010 7:14 PM | Report abuse

This place is Speculation Station, let's give Los and Albert a chance to acclimate to the new crew, maybe they'll mellow out...Though I do think JC, like Kansas, is goin' bye-bye..

Posted by: frak | April 15, 2010 7:16 PM | Report abuse

still waiting for a list, strike that, a name, one name

someone better than carlos that is available and that WE could get

and I get called fair weather fan

I'll take a CB who can tackle over one that can catch 100 out of 100 times

Posted by: pabrian2003 | April 15, 2010 7:17 PM | Report abuse

Carlos Rogers: Not signing tender offer yet 'is not really a big deal'

Even when Rogers signs -- it won't be a 'Big Deal'.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 15, 2010 7:17 PM | Report abuse

Question now is Albert Haynesworth gone? Or would Shanahan make an exception?

Posted by: abxinc | April 15, 2010 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Question now is Carlos Rogers' take worth a stick of gum? Or is his viewpoint as reliable as his hands?

Posted by: p1funk | April 15, 2010 7:19 PM | Report abuse

When a player in Carlos' or Al's situation suddenly puts it out that they are "happy and excited..." it's probably because Shanahan told them that's what they need to say to get traded.

Read between the lines here. "Rock Gloves" even says there are some mystery issues that his agent is talking to the team about.

This new line about "After talking to coach..." that we've seen lately from a couple guys is very simple. They have requested, and been told that every effort will be made to move them.

All above IMO only of course. I am not employed by the Redskins as The Cork has insinuated.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | April 15, 2010 7:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DC2AZ99

you should change yours to DouchC2AZ99coolGuy

Posted by: pabrian2003 | April 15, 2010 7:22 PM | Report abuse

From ESPN:

Bad bounce puts top-seeded Sharks in hole

Jesus. It looks like the Sharkies are headed for another colossal collapse. I pity the poor bastard that is a fan of that team.

Posted by: LibertyValence | April 15, 2010 7:23 PM | Report abuse

4-12

minus, carlos, Haynesworth, Campbell, etc

= ????

Posted by: pabrian2003 | April 15, 2010 7:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: LibertyValence | April 15, 2010 6:51 PM

Right...he played well enough to make a Pro-Bowl this year and then it dawned on him Week 17 that it would be cool to really stick it to Philly by blowing for himself and the team. And it was all on McNabb that the Eagles took a QB in the 2nd round while he was making Pro-Bowls and entering the prime of his career. What a dick move on McNabb's part.

Seriously dude...you REALLY don't see where there's some serious cause and effect?

Posted by: brownwood26 | April 15, 2010 7:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | April 15, 2010 6:58 PM

funk--I don't think he's even allowed to attend team functions if he's not under contract.

Posted by: League-Source | April 15, 2010 7:24 PM | Report abuse

Some guys defend the organization like cult members—"They're the experts!" "It's all the media's fault!" "You must be a ____ fan!"—then turn around and rip the guys who do the real work on Sundays. I don't get it.

Posted by: mack1 | April 15, 2010 7:25 PM | Report abuse

Tony Dungy on the Eagles sending Donovan McNabb to Redskins:

Posted by: Alan4 | April 15, 2010 6:11 PM |

Dungy is just a hater.

Posted by: Skins930 | April 15, 2010 7:26 PM | Report abuse

anybody else watching "Grudens QB Camp." It's pretty awesome. After watching Gruden gush about Drew Brees and his ability to read a defense. I'm now convinced JC is not the answer. I think McNabb will be able to read a defense better and take more chances with the ball in his hands.

Posted by: shortman4 | April 15, 2010 7:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frak | April 15, 2010 7:16 PM

sounds like Los has already mellowed after accepting the fact that he doesn't have much (if any) trade value and probably isn't going anywhere. AH has been quiet, and I appreciate that... but his potential market value is much higher than Los. markets for live cattle have been up lately:

worth trading unless he buys into the herd.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 15, 2010 7:28 PM | Report abuse

What a dick move on McNabb's part.

Posted by: brownwood26 | April 15, 2010 7:24 PM |

It was so dick a move that it convinced the Eagles FO that they had nothing to worry about if they traded him to division rival Washington. We'll see if their take is on the mark.

Posted by: LibertyValence | April 15, 2010 7:29 PM | Report abuse

LV, I think the Eagles arrogance in tied more to sleeping on the Redskins than it is disrespecting McNabb. I know their fans are borderline retarded for thinking McNabb was their problem there, but I'd like to think a team smart enough to draft him and develop him into a Pro-Bowler would know better. I just think they look at the Redskins and see Dan Snyder, a sh*tty O-line and a team that's at least 3 or 4 years from getting things turned around.

I guess we'll see if they're right or if their arrogance will cost them their jobs.

Posted by: brownwood26 | April 15, 2010 7:35 PM | Report abuse

worth trading unless he buys into the herd.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 15, 2010 7:28 PM |

But his trade value would be worth a lot more if he was part of the herd from the get-go.

Shanahan to AH: "Make nice with us and we will make sure that you play in a 4-3 scheme with some other team."

AH to Shanahan: "You da Man, Shanny, you da Man."

Posted by: LibertyValence | April 15, 2010 7:37 PM | Report abuse

pablum2003,

Ironically, I agree with many of your assessments, but can't back someone as a true fan that doesn't support wanting the Skins to demolish our rivals. You curse the team to be demolished instead. Whether it's realistic or not, I look for like-minded fans that actually publically route for the team.

That was my point and why I will now think of you as a nonfan, until your words indicate otherwise.

Anybody want to route FOR the team with me? I'm hoping for an exciting year with all the major changes to team this offseason. I can't wait to see how it all plays out! ~80 days until live action!

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | April 15, 2010 7:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | April 15, 2010 7:35 PM |

Posted by: LibertyValence | April 15, 2010 7:44 PM | Report abuse

JReid I'd like to say that this posting by you is one that I enjoyed. Maybe you have finally got it. You didn't put any of your normal unnecessary BS in it. Just straight reporting/informing.( Or maybe some intern actually wrote the posting and you just cut and pasted it. Time will tell.) Anyway if you keep up this, you'll be on your way off my Sh!t List. Congratulations on your re-birth to journalism.

Sincerely,
the BOOT that been up your ass.

Posted by: jcnjcnj | April 15, 2010 7:47 PM | Report abuse

AH to Shanahan: "You da Man, Shanny, you da Man."

Posted by: LibertyValence | April 15, 2010 7:37 PM

they've locked horns, will be interesting to see what gives... I suspect AH is lower on both hook order and bunt order...

cf. Dickson, Barr, Wieckert (1968) Social relationship of dairy cows in a feed lot. Behaviour 29: 195-203.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 15, 2010 7:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: LibertyValence

I agree..the FO caved to those cavemen fans that resided in Philly

Posted by: jcnjcnj | April 15, 2010 7:50 PM | Report abuse

4-12

minus, carlos, Haynesworth, Campbell, etc

= ????

Posted by: pabrian2003 | April 15, 2010 7:24 PM | Report abuse

I'd say we were already minus Haynesworth, he hardly played this season. I think getting rid of his arrogant and lazy attitude is addition by subtraction anyway.

Carlos is a decent tackler but can't catch the ball. He should not be the number 1 CB on any team, but he's a very quality number 2. But you simply cannot drop INTs that hit you in the chest. Turnovers are crucial in this league. Unfortunately the Redskins have done nothing to address this. Hopefully this crew will not have the moronic love for UMD guys because they tend to be gigantic wastes of time.

I think Jason catches a raw deal in these parts, but McNabb is hands down a better QB. He worked with very little WR talent over the years (short of TO). Hell, there was a year where James Thrash was his best target.

Posted by: RobInVaBeach | April 15, 2010 7:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | April 15, 2010 7:42 PM

You dont have to agree with everything the team does to be a loyal fan. I am trying to wait until the finished product before I complain or criticize, but right now things arent looking good. Some of us on this board are convinced that trading for a pro bowl qb instantly rights the ship, because they can read defenses better or they get rid of the ball quicker. That is ridiculous. As constructed this team has not improved much if at all from last years squad. However, it is still April and nothing meaningful happens until September, so the FO still may pull something out their azz.

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | April 15, 2010 7:54 PM | Report abuse

That was an incredibly cogent post.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe

The Clamato Chelada, locked and loaded, range - 4500 miles..Unless the 'cano blows..

Posted by: frak | April 15, 2010 7:57 PM | Report abuse

Both players,Carlos and Albert, underachievers last year on a struggling, overtaxed defense , that could never get off the field..Both players are within reach of returning to their Pro Bowl form- giv'em a chance...The Budweiser and M and M's beside me, however...

Posted by: frak | April 15, 2010 8:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frak | April 15, 2010 7:57 PM

skeptical of the pre-packaged mass-market brewery versions... but a home-style clamato chelada is a sweet thing.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 15, 2010 8:04 PM | Report abuse

DouchC2AZ99coolGuy??!

Really? REALLY??!!

Wow! My teenagers diss WAY better than that. I shared that with my 16 year old son and he just said, "lame". Couldn't agree with him more.

I swore you had to be at least 18 to post here, but I stand corrected.

By the way, Rogers didn't tackle 100 times out of 100 opportunities (not EVEN close) nor can he even catch a cold, let alone an interception. His lack of hands and being able to read or adjust to double moves have cost our team dearly multiple times, so I'm not sure why you are so actively supporting him. As of now (pre-draft), there aren't any available CBs that we could get that would be an improvement over him, but that's not an admission that he is great. VERY, VERY average and not worth the 1st round pick we threw away to get him. Do you agree with that?

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | April 15, 2010 8:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frak | April 15, 2010 7:57 PM |

Chicanos in Iceland? Weird.

Posted by: LibertyValence | April 15, 2010 8:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood2

I think they under estimated the Skins and they'll regret send McNabb here

Posted by: jcnjcnj | April 15, 2010 8:12 PM | Report abuse

Chicanos in Iceland? Weird.

Posted by: LibertyValence | April 15, 2010 8:09 PM

cheladas are also popular in Canada, northern tier US, and other incredibly white parts of the world.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 15, 2010 8:15 PM | Report abuse

100% agree with you, King JJ.

I'm nervous, but still hopeful they will do well. I haven't agreed with a number of things that have happened this off-season. I'm holding my breath to see what else may occur between now and the start of the season. That being said, I still won't predict being blown out by our foes to burst someone's optimistic bubble here. There's power in positive thinking. (Ironic, I know, after my mud slinging. My apologies to all)

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | April 15, 2010 8:20 PM | Report abuse

Sincerely,
the BOOT that been up your ass.

Posted by: jcnjcnj | April 15, 2010 7:47 PM

Even though you're pretty full of yourself I have to admit you do a great job hiding any and all justification for it.

Posted by: mack1 | April 15, 2010 8:21 PM | Report abuse

Chicanos in Iceland? Weird.

Posted by: LibertyValence

Hey!! Add a little tabasco to your gene pool, its good fer ya!!
And put some on that rotten fish sandwich while your at it, you tryin' to catch the plague?? Actually, the hot thai fish sauce on the 3-4 pizza, with Albert at DE, OI!!

Posted by: frak | April 15, 2010 8:25 PM | Report abuse

Tony Dungy on the Eagles sending Donovan McNabb to Redskins:

Posted by: Alan4 | April 15, 2010 6:11 PM |

Dungy is just a hater.

Posted by: Skins930 | April 15, 2010 7:26 P
Well said I hate Dungy he seems to not like the Redskins. He reminds me of Peter King.

Posted by: wattsicon | April 15, 2010 8:26 PM | Report abuse

Hey!! Add a little tabasco to your gene pool, its good fer ya!!

Posted by: frak | April 15, 2010 8:25 PM

thought I warned you about the locoweed patch down by the pond.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 15, 2010 8:27 PM | Report abuse

Tony Dungy on the Eagles sending Donovan McNabb to Redskins:

Posted by: Alan4 | April 15, 2010 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Otherwise they wouldn't have made the trade. They didn't do McNabb a "favor." We got fleeced, again.

Shanahan is wagering he can prove them wrong, since he's confident working with vets and there was no other way to address LT and QB with those first two picks - at least in one season.

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | April 15, 2010 8:30 PM | Report abuse

I thought I told you satellite dudes at NSA to stop staring at my pond?!?

Posted by: frak | April 15, 2010 8:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mack1

don't hate....

Posted by: jcnjcnj | April 15, 2010 8:34 PM | Report abuse

I thought I told you satellite dudes at NSA to stop staring at my pond?!?

Posted by: frak | April 15, 2010 8:34 PM

seized and grazed accordingly.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 15, 2010 8:41 PM | Report abuse

From ESPN:

Bad bounce puts top-seeded Sharks in hole

Posted by: LibertyValence

Feel free to donate to "ZEKE'S Poor Bastard Fund". I'd much prefer to be a rich bastard.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 15, 2010 8:46 PM | Report abuse

"Carlos Rogers: Not signing tender offer yet 'is not really a big deal'"

Rogers' tone certainly has acquired a humble tone after a spring of sitting in contractual limbo.

Before, he wanted a nice financial re-up.

Now, after they've been no takers for him--and others, he's just happy to be a redskin.

Say what we will about how the FO operates, but you have to like the callous attitude that intimates to a player, "You ain't all that...".

"And you can easily be replaced."

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 15, 2010 8:50 PM | Report abuse

Tony Dungy on the Eagles sending Donovan McNabb to Redskins:

Posted by: Alan4

If Dungy is correct, I'd guess they figure the issue is McNabb's play. Perhaps they figure he'll be over the hill by the time Shanahan turns it around here.

I doubt philly believes the Skins under Shanahan will remain inept. In the last 2 years, we're 2-2 vs philly -- and we led in the 4th quarter in one of the losses.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 15, 2010 8:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: pabrian2003 | April 15, 2010 6:56 PM
================
I like Dungy, total class..but, recall that he and Bruce Allen were not the best of friends.. So, if he implies the Eagles had a good reason to rid themselves of McNabb.. He may just be abit bias against the GM that made the deal.
The Eagles also saved millions on a bonus they would of had to pay McNabb if he was still with the team this week.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 15, 2010 8:57 PM | Report abuse

"And you can easily be replaced."

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 15, 2010 8:50 PM

I dont think you can give credit to the FO for that. That is the CBA. There are plenty of guys like CR22 who are pissed that their pay day got delayed. It kind of helps the skins out, because if it was a normal year, they would either have to give CR22 an undeserved big raise or watch him leave for nothing. As much as we clown the guy for his stone hands and the double moves I think he is an asset to the team.

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | April 15, 2010 8:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 15, 2010 6:07 PM |

Posted by: LibertyValence | April 15, 2010 6:45 PM |

Not really, especially when it comes from a brain dead retard such as yourself. Just another witless idiot throwing insults around with nothing of substance to add shouldn't be what you strive for. But alas, it's your cross to bare. The funny part is you started the "schoolyard taunts" and then cry like a prepubescent with sand in her vag when it comes back at you.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 15, 2010 9:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | April 15, 2010 8:57 PM

You're certainly right about the CBA thing. You're also right about CR22 being an assett to the team. Only problem is that doesn't say much about this secondary.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 15, 2010 9:07 PM | Report abuse

TIGER Woods‘ disgruntled wife Elin Nordegren has been “talking about” divorce — insiders say.

The former Swedish model is angry that Tiger returned to golf so soon after his cheating scandal and she snubbed the Masters, even leaving for Arizona while the golfer was still competing.

Sources recently revealed that Elin was disgusted and outraged by Tiger’s new Nike commercial featuring a voiceover by his late father.

“Elin was violently angry over this commercial and thought it was a cheesy thing to do,” a source blabbed to People magazine.

********

Violently angry over a cheesy commercial? Angry because he goes back to work?

HAH!!!

Elin dahling, he slept with about 15 other women. There's your problem.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 15, 2010 9:07 PM | Report abuse

"Andy Reid never wanted to trade McNabb. It was the Eagles FO that wore him down."

Even if the team's internal assessments suggest McNabb might be done, I think the iggles over reached this time.

They've got a nice little history going where they release guys either when they are about done or before they cost them serious money.

This go round, they've traded McNabb after releasing B Westbrook: that's a lot of veteren leadership and offense walking out the door.

Whereas it would've made seen to keep McNabb and let Kolb play, team green wanted value, and traded its star quarterback to amass even more draft picks.

Folks who blithely diss the McNabb trade see it as a used-to-be-elite-passer moving to a mediocre-running-team don't get that an offense with backs who can rush for 1300-1500 yards plus Donovan promises much.

And when you add improved offense to what is already a decent defensive team, you might get 9 or 10 wins.

And you will get a man named Dungy saying, "I guess I was wrong way back in April...".

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 15, 2010 9:09 PM | Report abuse

Keep Carlos. I believe Greg Bland was the worst member of our coaching staff last year, not Zorn...

Did the riverboat gambler ever gamble? Did he ever play Man to Man coverage?(which btw is Carlos' strength)

Keeping my eyes on Justin T as well. His improvement last year shows me he has work ethic if nothing else...too early to determine his potential at this point.

Posted by: Vicc | April 15, 2010 9:09 PM | Report abuse

What a bunch of nitpicking babies!

It means "nothing."

What is so hard to understand about that?

Where is all the drama coming from?

Think the FO is sending him a message?
Dont think so.
Not like we're SO deep at starting Corners.
I don't begrudge CR the fact that he didn't go around smiling under Zorn and his underlings (think about getting coached by Zorn's underling for a minute!).

I guess people expect him to go around saying that everything's "Great!"

Then, they'd be calling him a company man, Snyderatto Liar.

Rogers hits. He covers OK. I got nothing against him. Hope he signs. Sounds like he will.

Posted by: Thinker_ | April 15, 2010 9:09 PM | Report abuse

The beach called, it wants its sand back. I must have heard that reference 30 times this week.

Reminder: Sand in the vag hurts everybody.

The hourglass called too.

Posted by: SMACK1 | April 15, 2010 9:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 15, 2010 8:46 PM |

Sorry about that. Didn't think there would be any Sharkies fans on this blog. For your sake, let's hope they can avert another clamatous collapse.

Posted by: LibertyValence | April 15, 2010 9:10 PM | Report abuse

I was trying to find the amount of roster bonus dollars the Eagles were on the hook for this spring if Mcnabb was still with the team.. and ran across this tidbit in the Philly press..

BEGIN QUOTE>>>>>
They let Brian Dawkins walk last year. They cut Brian Westbrook this year. They suspended Terrell Owens. Then they cut him. They cut Jeremiah Trotter when he was their leading tackler. They make difficult decisions, and they don't look back.

"Guys like Trotter. Tra (Thomas). (Jon) Runyan. Dawkins. Troy Vincent. Those are hard, hard things to do. You feel very loyal to the player for what he’s done.

The Eagles acted decisively ..... and it didn’t hurt them.
END QUOTE>>

ummmm... getting so close so often and not being able to win the big one... someone is getting hurt.
Maybe the Eagles ARE pulling the trigger too soon on their vets.. Being prudent or foolish is a fine line.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 15, 2010 9:17 PM | Report abuse

Elin dahling, he slept with about 15 other women. There's your problem.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 15, 2010 9:07 PM |

15 that went pubic about it. It's the old tit of the iceberg situation. There's probably another 30-40 who haven't said "boo-ty".

Posted by: LibertyValence | April 15, 2010 9:18 PM | Report abuse

The duel over Jimmy Clausen is causin hype between Mel Kiper and Todd McShay today.

The winner of this duel will prolly solidify their position as top draft guru for ESPN.

Posted by: Vicc | April 15, 2010 9:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 15, 2010 9:17 PM

Posted an article the other day regarding McNabb's contract $$. $6.2 mil bonus due on May 5.

Posted by: Curzon417 | April 15, 2010 9:25 PM | Report abuse

The hourglass called too.

Posted by: SMACK1 | April 15, 2010 9:10 PM

Hourglass lost so much sand on RI today that it's now used to time three-minute eggs.

Posted by: League-Source | April 15, 2010 9:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 15, 2010 8:46 PM |

Posted by: LibertyValence

I'm thinking of charging people NOT to become of fan of their team. With my track record, it should help straighten out my pockets.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 15, 2010 9:30 PM | Report abuse

That sorry-ass soft zone that Blache ran , with few blitzes , was a pale imitation of what Williams ran before him with us, and now with the Saints..Though the pass-rush improved last year with the addition of Haynesworth and Orakpo, it was still no where near as terrorizing to the QB as it needed to be..If Skins blitzed as much as the Eagles have done the past coupla years, they would have won more games..D-backs thrive on a QB threatened for time, anything f***s up under pressure..Keep practicing your catching skills, Carlos, it'll happen..

Why would they allow a team into D.C. United's division with a name like the Philadelphia Union?? That would be like allowing the Richmond Redmen into the NFC East..And then they got former United Moreno and the punk rock captain and black jerseys...How clone can you get...

Posted by: frak | April 15, 2010 9:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 15, 2010 9:17 PM

Posted by: Curzon417 | April 15, 2010 9:25 PM
===========
Thanks CURZON.. I couldnt find that amount any friggn where..
If thats the motivator, then the Eagles are Morons.. 6 Mil is chump change to jettison a healthy 33 year old multi-Pro-Bowl QB... 'Hope it comes back to bite their green (and cheap) ass.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 15, 2010 9:32 PM | Report abuse

I respect Tony D's opinion. He's earned it.

Dawkins is the best example of how the Eagles might misevaluate a veteran's ability and worth. They decided to not competitively bid for his services and lost him to Denver, where he made the Pro Bowl this season as the Eagles' defense faltered.

"He finally gets the receivers on the outside, and a tight end - the weapons everybody's always talked about - and then, the next year, they send him off," Dawkins said. "And it's not that he 'used to be' anything. He's still playing at a high level. What is he, 34? That's young for a quarterback." (He turns 34 in November.)

Will the Birds regret this move?

"I think they will," Dawkins said.

Posted by: Vicc | April 15, 2010 9:32 PM | Report abuse

Carlos Rodgers better know to fellow Redskins as "He who runs with his back to the ball" aka "He who never looks back" aka "Man who gives up many yards"

Lets hope Allen and gang are smarter then Vinny and Danny.

Posted by: dannyboyrules | April 15, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Raiders back-up--yet eventual 2010 starting--QB tears a pectoral muscle today with expected recovery time: 4 weeks.

Posted by: Vicc | April 15, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Lets hope Allen and gang are smarter then Vinny and Danny.

Posted by: dannyboyrules | April 15, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Lets hope Allen and gang are smarter then Vinny and Danny.

Posted by: dannyboyrules | April 15, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Lets hope Allen and gang are smarter then Vinny and Danny.

Posted by: dannyboyrules | April 15, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Lets hope Allen and gang are smarter then Vinny and Danny.

Posted by: dannyboyrules | April 15, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Williams would be a suckuh to let Sharper go, because his style of defense is based on the Free Safety From Hell, as in our Sean Taylor...Guarantee they don't repeat or do anywhere near as well if Sharper is gone..

Posted by: frak | April 15, 2010 10:00 PM | Report abuse

"I respect Tony D's opinion. He's earned it."

I respect his opinions, too.

But that doesn't mean he can't be wrong or guilty of the anti-Redskins bias that afflicts the media.

Imagine if McNabb was traded to, say San Fran.

Folks would say, "That niners defense and running game, plus Crabtree, Davis, and McNabb is gonna be worth checking out...!"

But he comes to D.C. and the national media sees the trade throught the lens ground by Danny Snyder, Jim Zorn, Steve Spurrier, and assumes there's nothing of value on the roster.

Thing is, there are some decent parts to the team, and Mr. Dungy--and others--should focus on what the skins might become with McNabb before assigning them back to what they used to be.

Of course, they are allowed to do this, but the singular presence of a great like M Shanahan should give credence to the McNabb signing.

They'd give props to other teams for trading for a pro bowl quarterback, but when you sub in the redskins' name, they do not.

They do not repsect us and mock our efforts to improve.

And that's why it'll be so much the better when things do.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 15, 2010 10:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vicc | April 15, 2010 9:42 PM
=============
Did JC just climb a Draft Round's worth?? 4th to 3rd?
There will be a dozen of these incidents between now and the October NFL trading deadline..
If JC returns.. his value may climb as QBs fall. And how much better for him to be moved to a situation where he starts?

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 15, 2010 10:13 PM | Report abuse

CAPS just got out hustled, this has been a very hard game to watch; very sloppy.

Speaking of sloppy, I just read the Ben Roethlisburger witness/accuser statements on ESPN. As much as I've hated/criticized them for over-airing this issue, I'm beginning to think that fat mess should be benched 8+ games. He may be a good quarterback, but if those statements are true he is a poor excuse for a man.

While I'm on the topic of sloppy, fat messes, Fat Albert needs to shut up and show up tomorrow. I hope I don't have to watch him take a golf cart to the sideline when he's tired this year.

Maybe CR should do some drills with coach McCardell on how to catch a football.

If Skins are looking at a QB in round 4, I hope Lefevour or Skelton are hanging around. I think Shanahan could make something out of either one of them.

Adam Schefter is the real head of Redskins Insider. JReid is a little slow, but less aggravatingly negative as LaCantReporta.

That is all. HAIL.

Posted by: hokiesmokie | April 15, 2010 10:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 15, 2010 10:03 PM

Moe I have to respectfully disagree. If the skins had a 2005 portis, a defense that actually stopped somebody when it counts and a quality go to receiver than everybody would applaud the trade for McNabb including Dungy. I dont think Dungy is hating on the skins or Allen either.

Being honest with yourself, take a piece of paper and write the four NFC east teams at the the top of the page. On the side write all of the positions (QB, RB, OL, etc.) When you are done rank all of the team from least to greatest in terms of talent. Depending on whether you choose 1 or 4 as the lowest number, the skins usually have the least amount of talent. How they would pull off 9-10 wins with this group I will never know.Now I know the draft hasnt happened, the line hasnt been fixed and the defense isnt complete, but the FO hasnt done anything to this point to warrant being excited about this team. The problem is this team should be rebuilding but they look like they are gearing up for a playoff run. That is cause for concern. Hopefullly the draft is amazing and we pick up some keepers and some quality players are cut and make their way to the skins. Dont think this is going to happen but I will happily eat my words if it does.

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | April 15, 2010 10:26 PM | Report abuse

"Gradkowski tears a pectoral muscle, Soup to OAK is looking a lot more realistic."

Why?

It's April, Gradowski will be ready by August.

I submit some deal regarding Campbell will be revealed come the draft next week.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 15, 2010 10:27 PM | Report abuse

For those of you wondering: Yes I did take my Ritalin, and yes I think we should sign this guy as our new RT.

Posted by: hokiesmokie | April 15, 2010 10:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | April 15, 2010 10:26 PM

I'll comment on this tomorrow.

But I'll say I see the team as a work in progress, not a finished product.

McNabb's talent and leadership and Shanahan's savvy will give the team a 3-4 year window to move up to the elite group you mention.

Why the national media refuses to see things this way amazes me.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 15, 2010 10:34 PM | Report abuse

Why?

It's April, Gradowski will be ready by August.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 15, 2010 10:27 PM |

Pectoral tears are not clean heals, they usually end up being nagging injuries that will affect arm accuracy and strength. Gradkowski wasn't exactly franchise QB material, as the Raiders told JaMarcus Russell it was his "job to lose".

The raiders have one reliable backup in Kyle Boller, but this signals to me that Buffalo and Oakland could both try to trade up for Clausen, with the loser going after Soup.

I agree that anything on this front won't unravel until next week, but this does put us in a slightly better bargaining position.

Posted by: hokiesmokie | April 15, 2010 10:49 PM | Report abuse

But I'll say I see the team as a work in progress, not a finished product.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 15, 2010 10:34 PM
===========
With Haslett now, the Skins have a divisional playoff caliber Defense.. Last year the talent was there.. the coaching wasnt.
Last year, neither the talent or the coaching on the Offensive side was playoff caliber.. This year with Shanahan and McNabb and possibly more FA or Draft moves.. Skins could have a potential wild-card qualifying Offense..

Combined..skins may shock the NFL.. Make the wild-card playoffs..and a crap shoot after that...
'Got in early and its still a good Vegasbet. Take it before more Draft/Trade moves.
50 to 1 to win the SB, now 30 to 1 post McNabb deal...
NFC Championship.. went from 25 to 1 now to 15 to 1.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 15, 2010 10:54 PM | Report abuse

REDSKINS will do their best to trade HAYNESWORTH either during or after the vdraft. Same for Soup.

Posted by: glawrence007 | April 15, 2010 11:17 PM | Report abuse

Ummmm...Did Ben Roethlisberger provide alcoholic drinks for under-aged women?

Assuming that is still illegal, how exactly did he or the nightclub beat those charges? Perhaps I missed something

Posted by: Vicc | April 16, 2010 12:37 AM | Report abuse

50 to 1 to win the SB, now 30 to 1 post McNabb deal...
NFC Championship.. went from 25 to 1 now to 15 to 1.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM |

I expect a huge improvement because of Coach Shanahan. We have 10-12 win talent, but the NFC East plays a very tough schedule. The NFC North + AFC South. In total, only 4 of our 16 games will be against team that had losing records in '09. For dallas, only 2 games vs teams with losing records.

Bottom line is that it will be unlikely that the wild card will come from the NFC East. So unless we leapfrog the entire division in 1 year, we'll be watching someone else in the playoffs, again.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 16, 2010 12:38 AM | Report abuse

With Gradkowski hurt, I'd say the odds of Campbell to the Raiders went way up. Gradkowski got hurt vs us last year.

The irony is that the Skins-Raider game was probably the only time all season that Campbell felt sorry for the beating being dished out to the other teams QBs.

The Raiders were one of 3 teams to give up more sacks than the Skins.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 16, 2010 1:05 AM | Report abuse

We have 10-12 win talent ...

Posted by: zcezcest1

forgot the 'excluding our OL' part

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 16, 2010 1:46 AM | Report abuse

Carlos has little value to other teams.

It's a risk / reward thing; opposing QBs know he almost never catches the ball, so they throw on him constantly - he gets beaten a lot for a score / big gain and, even when he makes a tackle (he's a decent tackler), it'll be after the WR has gained yards and probably a 1st down.

If I were a QB, I'd throw his way two times out of three. If Hall's man is remotely open, I'd throw that way, as DeAngelo (a big play threat with the pick) can't tackle. Basically, if you could combine their talents into one player, you'd have a CB half as good as Champ Bailey (sighs...)

Posted by: stevebeagrie | April 16, 2010 5:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | April 15, 2010 10:26 PM

Mostly agree.

The only exception I take to your post is that I think this team certainly has TALENT, what they lack is DEPTH. If they could ever shift focus from trying to get the biggest name players they can find to man the starting spots to getting 2 or 3 solid guys to rotate, they'd be far better off. For years this team has frontloaded the roster and as soon as they get hit with injuries, they're done. Hopefully a change in that philosophy happens under this new regime.

That said, while we may be behind the other teams in the division from a standpoint of overall roster talent, I would say that we now have the best head coach in the NFC East and the best QB as well. That can go a long way toward making a move up in the division if we can ever get the supporting cast up to snuff.

Posted by: brownwood26 | April 16, 2010 5:20 AM | Report abuse

Carlos has little value to other teams.

Posted by: stevebeagrie | April 16, 2010 5:07 AM

Depends on what you view as "little value"...you're obviously not going to get a 1st rounder for the guy, but I've heard Doc Walker say for years that Carlos is better suited to play in a Tampa-2 style of defense. If that's even a little true, I could see a team like Tampa or Carolina giving up a late round pick for him.

Posted by: brownwood26 | April 16, 2010 5:30 AM | Report abuse

And something you can count on - more than when Gibbs came back - is that, if given the opportunity, Shanahan will have this team in "kill mode" if we get up by a touchdown.

Teams we're supposed to beat: We Will.

And not only that, when we get on top of them, we'll be stepping on their heads.

Gonna be nice for a change to win by 2 touchdowns instead of 2 points.

I'm sick of hearing about how "we got the greatest fans in the world" and how "our guys fought their guts out."

I wanna blow bums out.

Posted by: Thinker_ | April 16, 2010 6:33 AM | Report abuse

Amen to that, Thinker.

I'm still anxious for the Skins to take Okung at #4, but I'm not as staunchly opposed to taking Eric Berry after reading this:

Posted by: brownwood26 | April 16, 2010 6:44 AM | Report abuse

Who cares? He'd probably just drop the pen.......

Posted by: amontgomery1 | April 16, 2010 9:25 AM | Report abuse

He's afraid to sign because he knows that he will be traded the second that he does. The writing is on the wall buddy-boy... sign and be-gone.

Posted by: oda155 | April 16, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse