Posted at 12:17 PM ET, 11/29/2010

Carlos Rogers may not be able to practice because of injured hamstrings

By Jason Reid

Cornerback Carlos Rogers said his injured hamstrings are still sore and expressed doubt about his ability to practice this week, he said Monday.

"It's sore," Rogers said. "I don't know [about practicing Wednesday]. It kind of depends on how it is [by then]. I'm gonna get some more work on it. Hopefully, it calm down some and I'll be able to do."

Rogers sat out the Week 11 victory against Tennessee because of a lingering hamstring problem. He returned to the lineup in Sunday's 17-13 loss to Minnesota but left during the game after injuring his other hamstring.

By Jason Reid  | November 29, 2010; 12:17 PM ET
Categories:  Carlos Rogers
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Redskins hope to put together run like 2007
Next: Washington Redskins are struggling at home, and fans let them know it

Comments

Don't need good hamstrings to practice catching the ball.

Posted by: AlbertoHurtado | November 29, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Translation:

It's all about me at this point since I won't be here next year....

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 29, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

I know it's early, but what do you guys think the first round pick should be on? I understand we have line issues, but we have NO weapons that scare anybody.If we could get a top WR in the draft, shouldn't we?

Posted by: fightforalldc | November 29, 2010 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: fightforalldc | November 29, 2010 12:41 PM | Report abuse

If the Redskins make a good solid run here at the end; there is a chance like the '07 season - but you have to look at the other divisions and realize that the likelihood that the NFC East gets a wildcard at all is pretty slim, especially if the Redskins beat the Giants twice (as we would need too in order to get in). Right now the NFC South will certainly get one wildcard, maybe two. The North will likely get the other one with the Bears/Packers.

Posted by: VAfootball | November 29, 2010 12:41 PM | Report abuse

zcezcest1

The saddest part of this? McNabb played well and we still lost.

The unique perspective, then, is all about the power of benching a quarterback.

McNabb's play has improved dramatically since the benching at the lions' game and media hurricane that followed Mike Shanahan's cryptic reasoning behind it.

And losing to the Eagles at home on Monday night after signing an extension probably factors into the mix as well.

And it's all a good mix, IMO.

What seems to have helped McNabb schematically is that the redskin offense has been re-tooled to emphasize the few tools we have: Moss, Armstrong, Cooley, and Davis.

It seems that each guy has a defined role in the passing game (Cooley middle, Davis outside, Armstrong long, Moss medium), and McNabb goes to where he knows guys are.

You have to hope this trend continues as it should result in improved production and scoring once R Torain comes back to balance things out with the running game.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 29, 2010 12:41 PM | Report abuse

I have watched a lot of football this year. The fact is that this is and always will be my #1 team of teams. I can see with my own eyes that this could be the worst team in the NFL. The Bills, Browns, Chiefs would all be favored to win and the Rams already did.

I am looking for no more than one more year this season against the 'Pokes. If we can finish out at 6-10 with Shannhan's (Sr. & Jr.) and Hazlenutt's systems in place, the table should be set to draft a QB of the future and do what I and other Skins fans have been screaming for:

BRING IN LINEMEN!!!! I don't care if they are OL or DL, both our lines are among the worst in the entire league if not the worst, period.

Trade away players for picks. I don't care if they are 5th or 6th rounders - TRADE 'EM!!!!

The team is now reaping what it's been sewing for the last decade plus. That's okay with me because we got what we needed most - the right coach and GM.

This team was in need of 'sweeping, wholesale changes' after going 4-12. Well, we're now in the throes of 'sweeping wholesale changes' so I guess that's why I am not so pissed.

Forget predictions for the rest of the year on a game-by-game basis. I am thinking more like 6-10 this year and 8-8 next year. Enjoy it. We are going to get younger and will be more fun to watch and if Shanny and Allen's past is a future predictor, the Redskins will be serious contenders again going into the 2012 season.

Of the Lions, Bills, Rams and Raiders, thank God only one of those teams will be drafting a QB even though Fitzpatrick is a guy that can win games in this league.

Between Luck, Cam Newton, Mallet, Locker and Nick Foles, the Skins will be in position to bring in a potential franchise QB.

Other than that, stockpile picks and don't draft ANYONE under 6'4" and 300lbs. I want our OL to be so badass that our QB walks right up to the line and says, "Hey D. Ware, we're coming right at you.....and we're snapping the ball on two!"

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | November 29, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

I agree with the whole drafting line men thing,but can't we get good interior linemen in the second round? I think we need a top flight deep threat WR. If we have a legitimate threat, they can't blitz us that much and it may aliviate some of the pressue on the line in its own way. It seems like everyone is always blitzing because they don't respect the line or the recivers. I also agree that we should get as many picks as we can........maybe package lower rounders and try to get multiple second and third round picks......that would be nice.

Posted by: fightforalldc | November 29, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Many, many holes on this team. The only relevant question is how long do Shanahan and Allen have to fix them?

Posted by: Pepper5 | November 29, 2010 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Carlos Rogers is a non-factor. Maybe he's making excuses now for the obvious (he will be gone next season). I think McNabb played well, considering what he's working with. Most of the starters who played yesterday were listed as injured, so why did they play them? Try putting in some of the practice squad players for a bit just to help out. Selvish Capers is good and so is Taurus Johnson.

Posted by: meac355@yahoo.com | November 29, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse