Posted at 2:00 PM ET, 11/24/2010

Rabach, Hicks trying to play Sunday

By Rick Maese

Injured offensive linemen Casey Rabach and Artis Hicks say they both hope to practice this week and play in Sunday's game against the Vikings.

"If I can play, I'm going to play," said Rabach. "That's what I plan on doing on Sunday."

The decision, of course, will be made by Coach Mike Shanahan, not Rabach.

Rabach suffered a torn medial collateral ligament in his right knee during last Sunday's win at Tennessee. He said he planned to practice Wednesday.

Rabach said he can play through pain; the bigger question that he'll try to answer this week is whether his knee is stable enough to play Sunday.

"It's sore," he said. "I'm just learning to strengthen my quad and play with injury."

Hicks, a veteran right guard, has been dealing with pain in his thigh and groin and was unable to start at Tennessee. He hopes the week of rest will help him return to the lineup Sunday.

"I'm feeling better than I was a week ago," Hicks said. "They've been doing a great job in the training room with me. I'm feeling a lot better."

Hicks said he hoped to participate in as much of practice as he could Wednesday. "I'm going to try to do as much as I can," he said. "We'll see how it goes."

By Rick Maese  | November 24, 2010; 2:00 PM ET
Categories:  Casey Rabach, Offensive line
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Carlos Rogers to test injured hamstring in practice
Next: Cousins Harvin and Hall will square off Sunday

Comments

Never knew a player could tear an MCL and play the next week. Must have replaced Rabach's knee with robotic parts.

Casey Robatich

Posted by: swowra | November 24, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Casey we appreciate the thought but we liked Montgomery.

Posted by: wireman65 | November 24, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Now that we have seen that team can win without them, I expect to see even the slighly injured give their best effort this Sunday

Posted by: wfchez | November 24, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

beep-beep

This will involve getting in a time machine and going back to Woolworth's in 1952, just before they took out the last phone booth to put it on display in the Smithsonian.

There are a number of things that have slipped out of the radar of daily living:

--typewriters

--'rabbitt' antennas

--cassette players/tapes

--women who prefer the Missionary position to fellatio

--transitor radios/Sony Walkmans/records/record players

--pop songs with words that you can understand and songs without the lyric, "We up in da club poppin' bottles"

--small children who actually go outside to play for hours as they know games you can play without a Wii

--movies without CGI and that are about something other than blue people or wizards

--NBA players who can hit the mid range jumper on the regular

--a boxer that everyone admires

--a book that everyone has read that you can talk about at a party or gathering

--and finally, a post from Moe that actually is thought-provoking

Posted by: gimmesummoe | November 24, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

wireman

Casey we appreciate the thought but we liked Montgomery.

Even if we do, I still think that drafting a center, right/left guard, and FA tackle are must haves.

Posted by: gimmesummoe | November 24, 2010 2:21 PM | Report abuse

gimmesummoe,
just the other day i explained to my daughter why we say "dial" a phone number.

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | November 24, 2010 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Take your time guys...no need to hurry...please.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 24, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Nooooooooo, casey, casey, casey my boy, take it easy, you don't want to flare up the injury and cause you to miss more time, take some time off, go to the bahamas, chill out for a while, it will be really tough for us without your great skills and amazing football smarts which seem to WOW everyone in ashburn 6 days a week

but somehow, someway it has yet to translate to the most important day of the week in landover on sundays

Posted by: retroskins14 | November 24, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse

The guy has looked like he was wearing roller skates all year. How is he going to be functional with a torn MCL? "I'm just learning to strengthen my quad and play with injury." All of this learning and strengthening has been going on since Sunday? Doesn't sound like a formula for success. The guy was just voted a captain by his teammates so he obviously offers something they appreciate in the way of leadership, but is this even possible?

Posted by: MColeman51 | November 24, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Rabach was getting trucked 5 yards into the backfield on every play when he had two good legs, what the hell is he hoping to do on one?

Posted by: edvar | November 24, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

walter-in-falls-church

just the other day i explained to my daughter why we say "dial" a phone number.

I had to introduce my 8 year old to one of the best games she knew nothing about.

It's called 'kick ball.'

And so, sweaty and exhausted after playing it with neighborhood kids, I sat them down, and I proceeded to explain something called '4 four-square.'

"I see," one of the curious kids said after my energetic instruction.

"Coming outside to play games is what you do when your parents sneak off into the bedroom to play theirs."

Posted by: gimmesummoe | November 24, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

didn't we originally hear rabach had a meniscus tear?

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | November 24, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: edvar | November 24, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Maybe he falls down and the defender lands on top of him. the improvement is because the defender stretches his arms and is only 4 yards into the backfield!

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 24, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Pretty sure we learned that rushing back players is not a good thing. Take you time and heal guys.

Posted by: kerzon417 | November 24, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Hall/Harvin beeps.

Posted by: wireman65 | November 24, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: edvar | November 24, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 24, 2010 2:30 PM

It just keeps getting better!

Posted by: edvar | November 24, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

The more, the better - but Rabach and Hicks should only be available as disaster backups

Posted by: coparker5 | November 24, 2010 2:46 PM | Report abuse

"I'm just learning to strengthen my quad."

Ahh, this is obviously why he keeps getting shunted back into the qb's lap.

Casey, if you start picking up those heavy things in the gym you might deal with NTs a little better.

Posted by: WeNeedLinemen | November 24, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse