Cerrato: 25 on Offense

Dan Steinberg ... well, let Dan Steinberg report it:

On his radio show, Vinny Cerrato just said the Skins will definitely keep 25 on offense, likely including nine linemen and three tight ends. He's previously said they're keeping only five WRs, so if you do the math, this means they're almost definitely keeping a fourth running back. Either Anthony Alridge or Marcus Mason just got some very good news. Wow, this is nerdy.

Forget the nerdy part. He was only joking. This is information and we'll see whether it's set in stone or if there's a chance it changes or Steinberg is out of his mind (nah....). This is the day before cuts are final; stuff can happen. All the info is at DC Sports Bog; Jim Zorn will be available around 12:30.

(BTW, here's Dan's breakdown: nine OLs, three TEs, three QBs, five WRs, four RBs and Mike Sellers, a category unto himself.)

By Cindy Boren  |  September 4, 2009; 11:47 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Who's No. 2? Kelly Gains Separation
Next: Redskins Mull 'Very, Very Close' Roster Moves

Comments

1st!

Posted by: DoubleUO | September 4, 2009 12:07 PM | Report abuse

3rd

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | September 4, 2009 12:16 PM | Report abuse

So the only question is -- Mason or AA? I vote M squared....

Posted by: mattylight | September 4, 2009 12:19 PM | Report abuse

So happy it is the real deal from here on out. Preseason is cool for a little while, but then it becomes like dry humping. You begin aching for the real thing.

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | September 4, 2009 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Portis is one of the fastest players on the Skins. He won a 40 yd race with Landry for fastest player at the end of camp last year...

Mason will be lucky to make the team. And if he does make the roster, then he will probably be inactive most game days; barring injury to Portis and Betts.

Posted by: siris

I cited that one run against the Eagles last year, his longest of the season, all of 31 yards. He shouldn't have been caught, but he was.. by another player -- that was on the opposite side of the field.

I also remembered that one pass he caught from Brunell in Houston back in '06. Portis caught the ball and had space to run with the ball. He had to run about 50 or 60 odd something yards before a defender began to creep up on him... and caught him. I knew then Portis had lost some of his speed he was known for in Denver.

And stop it with the 40 yard dash with LaRon Landry. That was without pads and a helmet... without having to stop and start again in the same sequence, basically that was not the speed of an NFL game. Plus, as someone noted, Landry isn't the fastest guy out there.

BTW, it was thought amongst the team that they had tied, for whatever that's worth.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 4, 2009 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: gatorskinz2000

LMAO! That's too funny...

Posted by: RedDMV | September 4, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Forget the nerdy part.

By Cindy Boren | September 4, 2009; 11:47 AM ET

"It is what it is.'

Nerdy is the new Cool. You didn't get the memo?

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 4, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Anyone know who typically makes the roster cut-down decisions? Coaches, GM, or collaboration? Seems to me there is all kinds of talk like it’s Vinny making the final decisions…..shouldn’t it be the coaches, who see everything that happens in practice as well as the games? Just can’t see Vinny having enough time to review game and practice film of every position on the team…..

Posted by: dlhaze1 | September 4, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

4 RBs, does that include FB?

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 4, 2009 12:25 PM | Report abuse

So the only question is -- Mason or AA? I vote M squared....

Posted by: mattylight | September 4, 2009 12:19 PM

In the end, the decision will be based on what they saw in practice, not what they saw in the games. Neither one has clearly knocked the other out the way that Marko Mitchell ran away from the pack.

I think they'd go with Mason. Aldrige probably has a bigger upside but, with fumbles and injuries, a bigger downside. This is a bird-in-the-hand league.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 4, 2009 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Now that the real season is here, I will no longer wear my Gators Jerseys to the Redskins Games and switched over to an Orakpo Jersey. Although I was surprised by the amount of "Go Gators" yells I received.

However, when I am taking a leak it is a bit awkward. How do you respond to that?

Did anyone see the Patriots fan with the busted eye at halftime during the Skins v Pats game? As I was walking by he was in tears talking to a cop saying, "I am a DOD employee, I am a DOD employee, I just got jumped!!" All I could think of was, do you think you are going to get any sympathy? And why are you wearing your DoD badget to a Redskins game?

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | September 4, 2009 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Anyone have ANY idea who is going to be doing the punt returning??? Please tell me it's NOT going to be ARE!! Love the dude but he is NOT a PR guy....

Were they trying AA out for kick returner/punt returner last night and did the fumble do him in? I live in AZ and can't get the games. Who did PR last night?

Posted by: carocanesfan | September 4, 2009 12:31 PM | Report abuse

4 RBs, does that include FB?

Posted by: DikShuttle
===============

4 RBs plus Mike Sellers (as Cindy said, "A category unto himself")

I think they are going to go with Mason. Aldridge will be stashed on the practice squad. I think he'll clear waivers. He needs time to work out his fumblitis--the practice squad work may help him do that. He seems to have had that illness all through camp...

Posted by: smurff11 | September 4, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Zorn is downing Mason.

chipping the DE when he didn't need to chip the DE.

Same thing he said about Portis in BMore and why he was pulled.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 4, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

"He has embraced the longer developing down field passing game and has found "the rhythm" he often refers to."

I think he (JC) has embraced an O-line that blocks long enough to allow longer developing plays...

Posted by: Yoder-lay-hee-who | September 4, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | September 4, 2009 12:22 PM | Report abuse

And you still want your 3rd back to be MM?

I haven't exactly seen Mason running away from anyone recently.

For the record I would like the skins backfield to be: Portis, Mason, Alridge, Betts. That is in order of # of touches per game, with Betts playing Special Teams.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | September 4, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

If there is a 5th back, I think it will be Dorsey who will also return punts. Aldridge did not help himself. I think Jarman was outstanding against Jacksonville and Henson showed he can be very good also. I think Westbrook might need another year on the Practice Squad, too inconsistent. Mike Williams played himself off the 53 man roster. JT had a good point about D. Thomas, he has to learn not to jump for the ball when he can stay on the ground.. so he is definitely still a work in progress. Eloi made a great play at the goal line and clearly deserves to be at least on the practice squad. Golston played very well also, he was always around the ball and so was Reed Doughty.. There was some poor tackling especially by Westbrook. I am guessing that GB was talking about Westbrook when he said that a 4th postiion on defense just opened up.

Posted by: iseyij | September 4, 2009 12:34 PM | Report abuse

OMG, when did Pepsi become the official soft drink of the NFL?

I did not get the memo...

Posted by: noonefromtampa | September 4, 2009 12:35 PM | Report abuse

What's with everyone firing their offensive coordinator right before the season.

First Tampa and now Buffalo...

Posted by: noonefromtampa | September 4, 2009 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Having 5 RBs (if at least three play ST) is more valuable than three QBs. Dump the young QBs and keep Mason AND Aldridge! I think they both can contribute significantly more during the season than can Brennan and Daniel.

Posted by: lojack74 | September 4, 2009 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: carocanesfan

+++++++++++++++

Prediction: Punt returns will be 'by committee' this year. I don't think anyone has a clue who will end up doing it--including Danny Smith. ARE did not do PRs last night (at least in the first half--haven't watched the second half yet). Dorsey went sideways and backwards with one, as I recall.

Second prediction: Cartwright and Thomas will be back for KRs this year. Hopefully, Thomas will be the premier guy there. Use Rock to clear a lane for him. Last night, Aldridge did the KRs in the first half (although the Jag kicker kept launching them into the back of the end zone). AA fumbled the first one for a TD, decent return to the 30 on the second one.

I think the fumble will be the straw that broke the camel's back for him.

Posted by: smurff11 | September 4, 2009 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Rest easy, cultists, Colt Brennan has a bruised knee, Zorn says. With a little hammy tenderness.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | September 4, 2009 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Anyone else hope that Bud Light comes up with a new marketing concept this year? The “drinkability” commercials make me change the channel every time. Heineken has the best beer commercials these days (IMO)….hasn’t been much else good since the Coors Light “and twins” commercials….

Posted by: dlhaze1 | September 4, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

thanks smurf

Posted by: carocanesfan | September 4, 2009 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Red,
1. I don't get your first point about Mason being 'Fresher' than Alridge because neither has played a snap in the NFL and Alridge is younger.
2. I'm not saying Mason isn't talented. I would love to keep him over Betts. But since we're not doing that, he's redundant. Same TYPE of player (just worse at pass blocking).
3. How are you so sure that Mason is the better overall runner? Neither has played in the NFL yet. Alridge played at a better College program (Houston vs Youngstown State) and TORE it up his junior/senior years. He set the school record by averaging over 10ypc his junior year. He can play RB, WR, SPECIAL TEAMS, and even used to play QB and was used on gadget plays in college. It's not a foregone conclusion that Mason is the better overall runner. Not at all.
4. Fumbling vs. Pass protection. I can't tell you which is easier to teach. So I'll defer and assume that you're right and that pass blocking is easier because it doesn't affect your running motion. But fumbling wasn't an issue for Alridge last preseason or in college. Mason has NEVER been a good pass-blocking RB. Why hasn't he learned yet???

Posted by: Sheriff_Gonna_Getcha

Okay, my bad. Aldridge does have a history of injury problems, right? He's not durable AND he fumbles... yeah score one for your boy Aldridge...

The fact that Aldridge went to Houston and Mason went to Youngstown St. means exactly dick! You know why? Becasue it is college. That weak fact you brought up about schools means s***. I think Jerry Rice can tell you wear to shove that argument... All that stuff you got from wiki means nothing because it's all in college and done in a weak conference at that. Conference USA? Get outta here with that "Aldridge played at a better program" stuff... smh @ that right there...

And you said fumbling wasn't an issue for Aldridge last preseason.. Dude, Marcus Mason led the entire NFL in rushing last preseason, so that's moot right there. And in college (there you go again), what the f does that have to do with him fumbling the ball in camp and in games NOW?

WTF man? That's like saying that someone should get a pass because they didn't smoke crack in college even know they do now.

As far as Mason and his pass protection, he's gotten better at it. It's just not one of his stronger suits.

Put it this way: Mason isn't a very good pass protector/blocker, but has gotten better at it. Aldridge who "fumbling wasn't an issue for Aldridge last preseason or in college", has all the sudden developed a problem fumbling the ball.

Who and which facet would worry you more?

Posted by: RedDMV | September 4, 2009 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Nerdy is the new Cool. You didn't get the memo?

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 4, 2009 12:23 PM

My office space is wall-papered with it (plus I have some papier mache objects made out of it).

Chase is further along in his first preseason than Colt was in his. Colt had to have been hoping for a PUP reprieve. No such thing as a QB on the practice squad. The #3 QB is the PS QB. That's how they learn to watch film (of upcoming opponent QBs) and hence, how to learn the art of QB.

I'm not buying Vinny's "definites" on the radio. If there IS going to be a 4th non-Sellers RB, then (1) why and (2) why wouldn't it be Vinny's guy Alridge?

Also, no one has commenting on the most competitive roster battle ... Kelli Johnson v. Lindsay Czarniak. I say they end up not deciding and cutting Theismann instead. [Anybody catch Lindsay's 4th quarter looooong interview with Chris "moon in his eyes" Horton? My money says they hooked up after the game.]

Posted by: dcsween | September 4, 2009 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Follow Mike Rizzo's sterling example Vinny. Use your noodle. Work a trade now ... get some OL help. See about a good cornerback. Do it.

Posted by: periculum | September 4, 2009 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dlhaze1 | September 4, 2009 12:41 PM

How about "You play. To win. The Game!" Coors Light commercial? I'm still amused by how they use the old press conferences. "Playoffs?? PLAYOFFS?!"

Posted by: lojack74 | September 4, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Who and which facet would worry you more?

Posted by: RedDMV | September 4, 2009 12:46 PM

Which is the precise reason I say that there is no justification for keeping a 4th RB. One of them goes to the practice squad and the other goes home. Lendy Holmes and/or Darrel Young gets a roster spot for special teams coverage purposes. 26 guys on D, 24 guys on O.

Posted by: dcsween | September 4, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

I don't really care who the fifth back is. Noting that the short passing game worked effectively for the Jaguars.

They need blocking. They need some pass defense to go with all the studs at the corner linebacker and DE/DT positions.

Scat backs don't block.

Posted by: periculum | September 4, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

First candidate for Post of the Day.....

Posted by: smurff11 | September 4, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

The only reason to keep a 4th RB would be to keep a punt returner, which would be Dorsey.

Posted by: dcsween | September 4, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8

Then why in THE hell are you arguing with me?

WOW... I think the same damn thing... I even notice you don't have Rock listed among those backs... COULDN'T AGREE MORE!

Again, it's not like I think Portis is trash. Again, 2nd favorite Redskins of all-time... but I'm not going to be biased because of that fact. I'm not going to put on CP26 shades because I have a screen name of one of his '06 characters... or even share the same namesake for that matter...

I swear, it's like some like to engage in a back and forth and don't even know where the other person is coming from. They do it just for the f*** of it.

G-damn!!!

Posted by: RedDMV | September 4, 2009 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: lojack74 | September 4, 2009 12:49 PM

Ah yes, I did forget about those...good stuff, but hope to see some new ones this year.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | September 4, 2009 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Alridge please!!!!

I didn't hear Zorn's press at 12:25 (?) did anyone ask him why Mason carried the ball 3 times, or did anyone say why??

Posted by: rachel216 | September 4, 2009 12:57 PM | Report abuse

I forgot to say that Lendy Holmes showed some nice flash but was inconsistent also. So he ia practice squad bound... I don't think he has yet outplayed Kareem Moore but perhaps he could... and the Skins will only keep four safeties with Smoot as a backup on the 53...

Posted by: iseyij | September 4, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Keep in mind that there are really only 2 rbs. Sellers never runs the ball, and the coaching staff almost universally refuses to use Cartwright offensively.

So it's only Portis and Betts as the RBs currently. If trends are being followed, a 3rd RB will be added to the mix.

Posted by: psps23 | September 4, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

I'll amend my previous PS prediction, subtracting Agnone and adding Lendy Holmes.

Posted by: psps23 | September 4, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

They need to do a Mike Singletary Coors Light commercial.

"I WANT WINNERS!"

Posted by: RedDMV | September 4, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

forgot about KC and Chan Gailey

1. KC - Gailey
2. TB - Jags
3. BUFF - Schonert

very strange

Posted by: noonefromtampa | September 4, 2009 1:01 PM | Report abuse

What I think they'll do:
Portis/Betts/Cartwright/Mason

KR: Cartwright
PR: Flip a coin

What I'd like them to do:
Portis/Betts/Mason/Dorsey

KR: Thomas, with Rock Blocking
PR: Dorsey

Posted by: smurff11 | September 4, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

I think they only use "retired" coaches....I think Herm Edwards had some usuable stuff....maybe Gruden as well.....

Posted by: dlhaze1 | September 4, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Then why in THE hell are you arguing with me?

G-damn!!!

Posted by: RedDMV | September 4, 2009 12:54 PM | Report abuse

I was only arguing that if you had to keep 1 back Mason or Alridge, I would take Alridge. My fault if I missed the list of backs you wanted to keep.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | September 4, 2009 1:04 PM | Report abuse

a quick FF note ... major trade went down in the Hamster league btwn me and etrod.

Peyton, Santana Moss, Chris Chambers and Correll Buckhalter went one way, Greg Jennings, Marshawn Lynch and Jake Delhomme went the other.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 4, 2009 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Why is this news? 25 on offense, 25 on defense, a punter, kicker and long snapper. That's normal.

Were they planning on keeping 26 on D before?

Posted by: bigfoot1 | September 4, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, they only use retired coaches, but a Singletary joint would be funny.

I think they're running out of retired coaches who had excellent post-game pressers.

I'm trying to think of another coach? They've used Parcells, right?

Oh, they can use Holmgren *snore*

Posted by: RedDMV | September 4, 2009 1:07 PM | Report abuse

I thought the receiving looked good. It is a pleasant surprise! Everyone knew Kelley had huge talent, just weren't sure he could get past the knee injuries from college. He pulled an Art Monk on us. Then there's Marko Mitchell who the experts said had poor work ethic.

I thought the special teams looked good, the blocking and tackling part that is.

Posted by: periculum | September 4, 2009 1:07 PM | Report abuse

forgot about KC and Chan Gailey

1. KC - Gailey
2. TB - Jags
3. BUFF - Schonert

very strange

Posted by: noonefromtampa | September 4, 2009 1:01 PM |

Fortunately that wouldn't happen with the Skins would it? I don't remember if JZ is the OC or he has some in-name-only dude listed as OC.

Posted by: EncinoMan | September 4, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

bigfoot, they were planning on keeping 26 on offense + 26 on defense + 3 specialists before someone checked the maths.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 4, 2009 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Vinny said no QBs on the practice squad. they want to keep other position players. Interesting.

Posted by: rachel216 | September 4, 2009 1:11 PM | Report abuse

The best Coors Light commercial I've seen is actually a home-made parody, using Mike Gundy's meltdown:

Posted by: JohnnyRyde | September 4, 2009 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | September 4, 2009 12:47 PM |

Yeah? Pay up. I picked her up after that interview and brought her to my house. She's still here. Want proof:

sween -- Lindsay here. It's true: talent_evaluator evaluated me. He says I've got what it takes. I'm on his roster, now.

That about wraps it up.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 4, 2009 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Nerdy is the new Cool. You didn't get the memo?

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 4, 2009 12:23 PM

Finally! I've been waiting 35 years for this.

Posted by: freakzilla | September 4, 2009 1:17 PM | Report abuse

I see some have taken me up on the wiki challenge. Nice job on a new review cL. We've got some new predictions for the season too. Add yours here:

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 4, 2009 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Have only seen 1 of the preseason games, but a number of the comments up here suggest that the Skins have begun games emotionally flat and played flat for large stretches. Am I correct on this?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 4, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Oh, sorry for missing the daily Newsradio post last night. Here's the makeup:

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 4, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Also, over the past couple few days, peeps have been coming down real hard on Danny Smith as the Special Teams coordinator.

Mark me down for having the man's back. I love watching Danny Smith during the game. He's like the Tazmanian Devil on espresso. He's in my Top Ten for likely to blow a blood vessel that bursts through his skin. The guy is a live wire. The job of STeams coordinator can be real tough if your entire job performance has to be judged by 2 leg swinging specialists who are football players by uniform only. Over the past few years, my "bag" has been watching special teams play, esp. tracking the +/- yardage on change of possession over the course of the game. [This is a nearly impossible statistic to find unless you have Elias Sports Bureau on retainer.] Skins have been pretty solidly in the + category for more than 10-12 games a year. If you take away two out of three of a STeams coordinator's top tacklers, there is going to have to be an adjustment period. Also, taking away the 4 man wedge has every team's STeam's coordinator scrambling. Have at me, but this amateur GM hearts Danny Smith.

Posted by: dcsween | September 4, 2009 1:21 PM | Report abuse

"Mike Sellers, a category unto himself"

I belive the answer is caveman....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 4, 2009 1:21 PM | Report abuse

"Dude, have you seen Portis run lately? When have you seen him burn somebody in the last two or three years?"

The thing about Portis' speed -- I don't know if anybody used a stopwatch, but I am aware that most of the Skins' rush yardage last season came within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage, which suggests that it's heavily dependent on the blocking. By comparison, teams like the Giants and Minnesota get a lot of their yardage totals from runs above 10 yards. It's the RBs who get credit for that in most stats analysis.

One thing I noticed: both those Giants backs, Jacobs and Bradshaw, are really difficult to bring down. Jacobs for obvious reasons, but Bradshaw is almost as bad. You see them dragging tacklers an extra yard or two on every play. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see that as often with the Skins.

Posted by: Samson151 | September 4, 2009 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 4, 2009 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rachel216 | September 4, 2009 1:11 PM

The #3 QB is the practice squad QB. The #3 QB is on the active roster but inevitably is inactive on game day. The #3 QB position is the only one that can be activated off the inactive list, but only if both of the two starting QBs go down. The first two QBs become ineligible to return to the game.

Posted by: dcsween | September 4, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

JAmal Lewis is on the Bubble.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 4, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 4, 2009 1:18 PM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
z,

I think the offense has picked up their game over the last two. They look pretty focused, trying new things, pushing the ball downfield. Not flat at all....

Defense, however, has looked pretty flat to me. Not forcing three-and-outs. Too many 10-15 yard passes over the middle. Too much time on the field. Pass rush isn't as good as it needs to be. Maybe they'll wake up for the Giants game, but they seem to have a way to go still....

Posted by: smurff11 | September 4, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

From Don Banks:

Last place: Washington (5-11) -- With a tenacious defense that will keep them in most games, the Redskins won't look like a last-place team for much of the season. But that's where they'll end up because offensively they scare almost no one. Even winless Detroit scored more than Washington's 265 points last season, and only a quantum leap from fifth-year quarterback Jason Campbell changes that dynamic. And that's if a shaky Redskins offensive line can give him enough time to survive in the pocket.

Again, if I'm zorn, I get the "us against the world" mentality, the "no one believes in you" going early. Everyone gets this plus the Pro Football Preview in their stall.....I'd have these guys in a lather over these snubs....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 4, 2009 1:27 PM | Report abuse

BREAKING NEWS

My sources tell me Marcus Mason has made the Redskins 53 man roster. The team has not informed Mason yet but will do so by tomorrow's roster deadline.

Stay tuned for more breaking news from the Barno.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 4, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Last year, Don Banks had us at 6-10. He put Detroit at 7-9. He put the Ravens at 5-11. He had Dallas winning the division at 11-5.

Posted by: JohnnyRyde | September 4, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Okay, so this was a surprise to everyone, but here's a killingly funny line from Don Bank's 2008 predictions for the Miami Dolphins:

"Miami (5-11) -- Rock bottom was reached last year, and that means the onetime playoff perennial Dolphins are on their way back. But nobody goes worst to first in the AFC East. The Fish will be bigger, and play tougher and smarter. That's enough progress for '08."

(emphasis mine)

Posted by: JohnnyRyde | September 4, 2009 1:34 PM | Report abuse

All spring/summer i've been able to channel pure unadulterated hatred in focus against Ronnie Belliard. Now that the Nats season is about to end and that RB is with the dodgers, I was beggining to feel a bit empty inside. It's amazing how fast and furious just hearing "Daniel Snyder" being said get right back to where I was.

I'm wondering if there is a legal resource that ticket holders, under contract can hold against ownership. I wonder if any attorney here can think of a way that in the letter of the law we could figure out a way, much like stockholders could vote out board members, we could sky rocket Snyder off to Belgium.

Posted by: NatsandSkinsareclassclassclass | September 4, 2009 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 4, 2009 1:37 PM | Report abuse

What are your sources Barno? Do you have links?

Posted by: rachel216 | September 4, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Anyone that puts any stock in what that Tony Danza look-a-like Don Banks has to say needs to have their head examined. He does no research and absolutely sucks at his job.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 4, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

** FF Post **

Speaking of nerdy, finally at 1:30pm the day AFTER the draft, I figure out why I couldn't log into the site for the draft....I was using the wrong sign in name.
Brilliance am be me middle name.

** End Moron **

Posted by: 4-12 | September 4, 2009 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Sweet! Banks and King both have us in last place! Thats good news for us.

Posted by: Rypien11 | September 4, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1

Absolutely agree. Here's hoping Albert Haynesworth takes these insults personally.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 4, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: siris | September 4, 2009 12:03 PM | Report abuse
If I remember, CP and LL ran a dead heat.

I thik MM would play on downs #1 & 2 if CP were hurt, and Betts would still be #3. And if Betts wa hurt, MM would play #3. So he would be first sub for either CP or LB.

Posted by: frediefritz | September 4, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

A real source doesn't have links. A real source has a telephone.

projecting W-L records before the season starts = power rankings

Skins are going 1-0!

Posted by: dcsween | September 4, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

line the RB's up and make all 6 foot race for the 4 spots.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 4, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

line the RB's up and make all 6 foot race for the 4 spots.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 4, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

I agree the 'skins should take those snubs personally, but they haven't got national repsect from the media since forever.

If they aren't pissed about getting snubbed all these years, why would they start now?

Posted by: RedDMV | September 4, 2009 1:46 PM | Report abuse

I'm not sure that Zorn can pass up these opportunities, Belicheck does this stuff all the time, when they were 16-0, he had that team believing that no one respected them. Zorn needs to take the same tact.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 4, 2009 1:48 PM | Report abuse

line the RB's up and make all 6 foot race for the 4 spots.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 4, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

I don't think any of them are 6 foot.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | September 4, 2009 1:49 PM | Report abuse

beep

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 4, 2009 1:51 PM | Report abuse

beep

Posted by: TWISI | September 4, 2009 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 4, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Does everyone in the media agree to just copy and repeat the same thoughts. Between this and picking the Eagles to go to the SB I'm starting to think they do.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | September 4, 2009 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Beaner, I don't think Zorn needs to do anything to make them aware that no one respects them... it's the truth!! All they have to do is read a SpotsMestruated.

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 4, 2009 1:52 PM | Report abuse

You guys are forgetting another Obvious guy who could be that extra guy. What about the other full back guy, was it Williams? Maybe they want someone to back up Sellars?

Posted by: Veretax | September 4, 2009 1:52 PM | Report abuse

What are your sources Barno? Do you have links?

Posted by: rachel216 | September 4, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

here is the link to where this was first reported:

You heard it here folks.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 4, 2009 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dealer1 | September 4, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

BTW for anyone in the know, if Mike williams isn't up to snuff what would happen if he went on the PUP?

Posted by: Veretax | September 4, 2009 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Who and which facet would worry you more?

Posted by: RedDMV | September 4, 2009 12:46 PM | Report abuse

1. Please put down the energy drink. And watch your language, there are some kids reading this blog (Periculum)
2. My point about Alridge performing well in college was a counter-point to your argument that Mason is the better runner. While neither have taken a snap in the NFL, it's only logical to look at their bodies of work in college. You have no evidence on which to base your statement. My point was never that Alridge is DEFINITELY the better runner, but just simply that you have no evidence that Mason is the better runner. When you made that statement, the burden of proof was put on you. I just don't see how anyone could say that MM is 'obviously' the better runner than AA.
2. We've already gone over this. Fumbling and pass protection are both correctable. Lacking breakaway speed is not. MM will never have breakaway speed.
3. If I had to choose one of them as my #1 RB I'd go with MM. I like him a lot. But if I had to choose one of them as my #2 or #3 RB to complement Portis I'd go Anthony Alridge every day of the week and twice on Sunday. It's similar to how the Cowboys decided on drafting Felix Jones. If they didn't have Barber they would have drafted Mendenhall. But bc they already had M. Barber, they drafted Felix Jones. And he averaged over 8 yards per carry last year. We should keep Alridge over MM. (But ideally CP, MM, AA, LB as most people feel...)

Posted by: Sheriff_Gonna_Getcha | September 4, 2009 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: gatorskinz2000

LOL I did see that, I was right in front of it when the fight broke out...lol everyone was singing "hail to the redskins" as they were fighting...hahaha I was lmao

Posted by: digitaldelight | September 4, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Maybe somebody has already set the record straight about the Portis vs. Landry race. But just in case...Portis lost. The race wasn't to see who was fastest on the team. They raced because Landry claimed to have run Portis down in practice. That is exactly what happened in the race. Portis had the early lead and then Landry caught up to him. You can see the same thing on the field, Portis has a good burst for the first 20 yards and then he plateus and people catch him. I still like Portis as a running back, but a change of pace might be nice, especially if it didn't mean lots of fumbles.

Posted by: FITS | September 4, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Hey RedDMV... it's ALRIDGE you moron... not ALDRIDGE... learn the roster so you don't sound stupid... BTW, Are you the guy that made Betts' jersey for the Ravens game??? hahaha

Posted by: BossmanJunior | September 4, 2009 5:43 PM | Report abuse