Cerrato on the Topic of the Week

Turns out that "Last Word" post about Portis v. Zorn wasn't the last word after all, but you probably didn't really think it would be now, did you? Maybe this post will be. Vinny Cerrato, the executive vice-president of football operations, spoke with Larry Michael last night and, since these were his first comments on the matter, Dan Steinberg tuned in and bogged.

Herewith, an excerpt of Cerrato's comments:

"I think it's frustration. I mean, go back to like the Giants opening game, when Clinton said some stuff then. I think it was frustration. I think we all get frustrated. And you'd like Clinton just, and I told him, just don't frustrate to everybody. I told him, I said, 'Clinton, I do a radio show.' I said, 'I'm like a punching bag on a Monday after we lose for two hours.' I said, ''You know, you've just got to grin and bear it. That's part of the deal.'
"It's just the frustrating part, and then he's got to go on the radio and then they ask him a bunch of questions and then sometimes you get caught and say things, but everything's fine. I mean, Clinton's out there practicing, busting his butt. You know, he's working hard, he and Jim get along fine. The media makes it a lot bigger than it is, and the thing about it is, you know, we're a team, and it's all in one."

And with that, next post will be about the game Sunday. Pinky swear.

By Cindy Boren  |  December 12, 2008; 7:21 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Marty Weighs In
Next: There's a Game Sunday ...

Comments

-----------

Or, Vincenzo, you could stop being on the radio and work harder toward fixing what's making us lose. Dummy...

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 12, 2008 7:51 AM | Report abuse

Was this a JLC mis-type or is Vinny tongue tied because he really does'nt know how to handle this situation.

I heard it live and the JT show did not insticate this Clinton went off on his own, JT even tried to change the subject and calm CP down.

If you keep your mouth shut the media has no issue to make bigger.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 12, 2008 7:52 AM | Report abuse

and then he's got to go on the radio

No he doesn't he gets paid to go on the radio, don't act like he is doing a public service. This would of been a great chance for Vinny to put both of them in there place and he blames frustration and the media, way to go VP of whatever.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 12, 2008 8:03 AM | Report abuse

I would like to thank Terrible Owens for being the person he is. Without him being a little baby and whining about not getting the ball as much as other players, the media would still be yappin about Coach Janky Spanky's comments. Thank you Terrible Owens.

Posted by: REDneckSKINhead | December 12, 2008 8:06 AM | Report abuse

This is an actual transcript by Steinberg...

Posted by: CindyBoren | December 12, 2008 8:08 AM | Report abuse

Oh, and howbout that fumble recovery by the one and only Mr. Torrence last night. What a beautiful sight that was!

Posted by: REDneckSKINhead | December 12, 2008 8:09 AM | Report abuse

Vinny Cerrato, the executive vice-president of football operations, and such as.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | December 12, 2008 8:10 AM | Report abuse

Bengalols

Posted by: TheTruth11 | December 12, 2008 8:12 AM | Report abuse

How, I didn't see it, so how did the bears return a kickoff for a TD?? Isn't one of the best special teams players in the league on the Saints?? LOL.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | December 12, 2008 8:14 AM | Report abuse

I like Bengalols! Outstanding, but what would you expect from TheTruth11?

Posted by: CindyBoren | December 12, 2008 8:14 AM | Report abuse

beep beep for fubball

Posted by: CindyBoren | December 12, 2008 8:25 AM | Report abuse

"...just don't frustrate to everybody."

is frustrate a verb these days?

Posted by: rc2223 | December 12, 2008 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Is Vinny from the US? I keep thinking he's related to the cavemen from the geico commercials. Seriously, how come he speaks as if English is his second language?

Posted by: cprob001 | December 12, 2008 11:23 AM | Report abuse