Cerrato: Redskins Not Pursuing Cutler

From Jason Reid:

Just got a text from Vinny Cerrato, Washington's executive vice president of football operations, who wrote that there's no truth to an Internet report that the team is actively pursuing a trade for disgruntled Denver quarterback Jay Cutler.

In addition, Coach Jim Zorn has told many in the organization he is excited about Jason Campbell's potential growth in the second season of Zorn's spread offense. Campbell, who is participating in the team's offseason conditioning program at Redskins Park, will be in his third full season as the Redskins' starter.

By Matthew Rennie  |  March 17, 2009; 11:23 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Daniels Might Return After All
Next: Griffin Has Shoulder Exam, Prepares to Join Skins

Comments

This makes it sound more and more like the decision not to sign Montgomery, Golston, Campbell, and Rogers to long term contracts is all about the salary cap AND NOT performance.

I think they decided they needed Haynesworth more. The problem is in 2010 they will have a hard time releasing people because of the impact to the salary cap. These players will have to accept increases in 2011 and beyond somewhat like Haynesworth.

Posted by: periculum | March 17, 2009 11:32 PM | Report abuse

Ok, did you text him back and ask him about a published report from long time beat reporter John Keim?

At this point, I'm divided because I want the guy to succeed, but how long do you wait?

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 17, 2009 11:34 PM | Report abuse

"I'm sure you can find the rules somewhere, but that's a very basic view of how it works. Obviously it's never that simple, because of different kinds of bonuses, incentives, and accelerators in contracts. But the gist and principles remain the same.

Posted by: psps23 | March 17, 2009'

I looked and nothing I have found indicates that your conclusions are correct?

Hello Jasons, Cindy? A salary cap primer please?

oh wait I guess I could check out that ex-Redskin salary cap-o-gists web site.
But I suspect it would be helpful for this blog to show clearly how difficult it would be to make any sort of trade for someone like Cutler, Peppers and their ilk at this point.

An explanation of how rookie draft picks and their salaries affect the cap would be nice as well?

Inquiring minds want to know?

Posted by: periculum | March 17, 2009 11:36 PM | Report abuse

Regarding Jason Campbell, he doesn't deserve a long-term contract YET. I am not saying he won't get one or denying that he is an outstanding player. But this is a business and if Jason cannot meet the demands of the spread offense, he won't be back.

Posted by: SKINS4EVER | March 17, 2009 11:36 PM | Report abuse

"JT55 all over again. I think JC17 should be worried at this point. He may get traded to Denver, though. Which would be a great refreshed start for him.

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 17, 2009"

If true I suspect we are now seeing the professionals in the organization lobbying against Danny "the Greek" Snyder, gambling man extraordinaire.

I am certain that Campbell is a better choice than Cutler. I suspect that the organization feels as strongly ... however the owner is the owner ... and Jason was Joe Gibbs choice.

Snidely is a mercurial numbskull when it comes to personnel decisions.

Posted by: periculum | March 17, 2009 11:39 PM | Report abuse

"I thought the salary cap was disappearing next year or in 2011. If so, Snyder will be able to spend whatever he wants.

Posted by: SKINS4EVER | March 17, 2009"

That would mean a lock-out or another strike. I rather doubt that will happen.

Posted by: periculum | March 17, 2009 11:40 PM | Report abuse

wow..ok well I trust that report about Skins wanting Cutler. Cutler goes to Skins, Cassel to Denver and Campbell to Kansas City?

I don't know if this would be a smart move. I guess Cutler is more proven and he can move around so that would help in the spread. I am not sure Jason is mobile enough for the spread.

One thing is for sure...Snyder continues to make the Skins a joke.

Posted by: SKINS4EVER | March 17, 2009 11:42 PM | Report abuse

Daniel J. Snyder == Court Jester to the NFL.

Posted by: periculum | March 17, 2009 11:45 PM | Report abuse

Snidely had an owl, he thinks he is so wise ...
but the only thing that Snidely lacks is what's between his eyes.

Oh hidey, hidey Christ Almighty who the hell are we? God ver damnt fans of old DC.

Posted by: periculum | March 17, 2009 11:48 PM | Report abuse

Here's a better trade: our O-line for Denver's O-line. Straight up.

Forget about Cutler.

Posted by: Alan4 | March 17, 2009 11:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SKINS4EVER | March 17, 2009 11:36 PM

I for one think JC has done a great job considering all of the obstacles he has faced in his three years here, not the least of which are the sometimes terrible pass protection and lack of WR threats outside of Moss. I supported hiring Zorn (not that anyone needed my okay), and think he will be a great HC, but I question his decision to try and make a very mobile, strong armed drop back passer into a west coast offense guy. He should have installed an offense to fit JC and the rest of the team, not make him all of them fit into his offense.

Posted by: kenboy1 | March 17, 2009 11:50 PM | Report abuse

I'd love to get Cutler. Jason is a nice guy, but I've seen legislation get through both houses of Congress in less time than it typically takes him to make a decision in the pocket. And despite his cannon arm, he seldom throws downfield, and isn't especially accurate when he does. In comparison, a rap on Cutler is that it can be hard to get him to throw short. We don't have the kind of wideouts that get great separation downfield, so someone with Cutler's accuracy when throwing the long ball could help us get some big plays until we're able to draft or otherwise acquire a legitimate deep threat to complement Santana Moss (who's double-teamed every time he goes long).

Posted by: stratman1 | March 17, 2009 11:55 PM | Report abuse

BUT, read this. It is totally different:

Posted by: 4thFloor

“They’re trying to do something,” one NFL source said of the Redskins.

That's the ONLY quote in the entire article. The rest is just opinion and the Kevin Bacon 6 degrees of freedom crap (these guys have the same agent, Shanahan traded with Cerrato before so Shanahan's opinion of Cutler is important, yadda yadda yadda)

There is one angle to consider, however, that NO ONE has mentioned. Good thing Zeke is here to cover it.

Bringing Cutler here MIGHT be part of an effort to bring Shanahan here. Not sure how much Shanahan is invested in Cutler, but if he is (Shanahan drafted him and promoted him to starter), then he might want to coach him again.

But if Vinny has an under the table deal with Shanahan to coach here if Zorn fails, bringing Cutler here makes all kinds of sense.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 17, 2009 11:55 PM | Report abuse

The proposed deal I saw was Brady Quinn to Denver, Cooley and Campbell to Cleveland, and Cutler and some dude named Tony Scheffler to the Skins. I would HATE that trade. Cooley is the best thing the Skins have going for them; he's a great player and a great guy, we need more people like him.

Posted by: webtechnical | March 17, 2009 11:59 PM | Report abuse

periculum:

You're presuming there will BE a salary cap after the looming negotiations are completed. The cap as we know it may be completely blown up or re-arranged. For sure SNYDER's banking on something changing going forward in the accountability of his recent financial moves.

Posted by: glawrence007 | March 18, 2009 12:00 AM | Report abuse

RE: kenboy1,

i agree with you about the offense. Early in the year, they were running more, almost playing Gibbs style ball. Then the injuries mounted and for some reason that is when Zorn started throwing the ball. And JC was getting pressured more and more.

I think Zorn probably kept the old system though because it would have been too much to go straight into the new system. For one, I bet most of the guys were not prepared. And also, you don't want to ruin JC's confidence. Despite not having a playoff year, JC was pretty decent statistically for playing with a crap line.

Posted by: SKINS4EVER | March 18, 2009 12:00 AM | Report abuse

Z - He has 2 NFL sources, though.

The only problem I see is who are these sources. I hate sources. But I have trusted what Keim has said for years now. He has covered the skins as a beat reporter for atleast 10 years now..........

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2009 12:02 AM | Report abuse

periculum:

I wouldn't discount a lock-out OR a protracted strike. The economy's bad, sales of $100 tees are down. Maybe the owners want to ride the depression out, and come back around a year later sharing less with the players.

Posted by: glawrence007 | March 18, 2009 12:05 AM | Report abuse

"The problem with that scenario is that Shanahan probably won't work for Vinny ... meaning a trade for Cutler makes it more likely that Vinny and Zorn both get axed after the 2009 season.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 17, 2009"

There are a couple of problems with this. First he wouldn't be "working for Vinnie". Vinnie is just the VP of Playing with himself. The GM is named Daniel J. Snyder. That is who Shanahan would be working for if he replaced Zorn. Would Shanahan work for Snyder? Perhaps.

But this is something that would have to occur well before the draft ensued ... its just crazy enough that Snidely would do it ...

Sigh welcome back Snidely Owl Redskins.

Posted by: periculum | March 18, 2009 12:05 AM | Report abuse

Z - He has 2 NFL sources, though.

Posted by: 4thFloor

And what did Keim say? That the sources said something was possible. Heck, I could get 2 sources to say its possible a UFO landed at my local Safeway.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 18, 2009 12:08 AM | Report abuse

And thank you LaC for debunking the asinine trades listed on those links posted on your "PHILLIP DANIELS possible return" article

Posted by: glawrence007 | March 18, 2009 12:09 AM | Report abuse

That is an interesting scenario for sure. This is something that THE DAN would entertain.

I can't see Shanahan coming here before the 2010 season. While the prospect of Shanahan and Cutler is intriguing...this constant instability is not. If Snyder did do this, I would hope this would mean we could start winning for the next 10 years.

Posted by: SKINS4EVER | March 18, 2009 12:11 AM | Report abuse

One thing is for sure...Snyder continues to make the Skins a joke.

Posted by: SKINS4EVER |

What??? Cutler is NOT more mobile than Campbell...no way. And he is not a better player. Cutler has a big arm but so does Campbell - Campbell was just not "allowed" to use his.

Personally, I cannot stand Cutler. He is whiny, arrogant, and immature. If you ever saw him in a presser, it's a total turnoff. He never smiles...just acts surly.

And Cooley trade rumors are simply BS. Cooley is beloved here and the Skins FO knows this - not to mention he is our only proven offensive weapon besides Santana and CP.

Posted by: Lisa_R | March 18, 2009 12:12 AM | Report abuse

Sigh welcome back Snidely Owl Redskins.

Posted by: periculum

What makes this interesting is whether Vinny is in on it or not. If he's not in on it, Vinny knows not to make a deal ... since its his own hide on the line. However, if there is a deal with Shanahan, Vinny and Danny ... Cutler could be step 1.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 18, 2009 12:13 AM | Report abuse

Oh yes, the Cutler/Shanahan thing has Cutler arriving now, Shanahan after the season is over

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 18, 2009 12:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: stratman1 | March 17, 2009 11:55 PM

Because 1) he has no legitimate #2 receiver
and 2) he's running for his life. These are both a function of the fact that a standard 4 man front is able to walk through our O-line. All the DBs are back in coverage the opponent's 4-man front is *still* getting in the backfield with no problem.

The Broncos had 3 carriers (61,68, and 76 carries) who collectively 205 carries and averaged over 4.7 yards/carry and produced 9 TDs.

Our star running back had 342 carries for a 4.3 yard/carry average and 9 TDs.

Are the Broncos 3 RBs really better than Portis? Is Cutler really better than Campbell?

I have no doubt both Campbell and Portis would DOMINATE behind the Broncos O-line.

How many NFL backs would openly say: "I wish I could go to a team for one week with the best offensive line... and switch places with their back and see how others would do in this system." Clinton Portis

It's the O-line!

Posted by: Alan4 | March 18, 2009 12:20 AM | Report abuse

i am disappointed that the Washington Times broke this story first. DE at the times got a phone call our guys or should I say Guy at the post got a text message. I even saw it in profootballtalk.com first.
Does this front office of the Redskins have a beef with the Washingtonpost beat reporters??????

Posted by: bmerrion | March 18, 2009 12:21 AM | Report abuse

AMEN. Our O line has been the major issue for sure. We don't pass protect well at all. And yes, not having a legit big wideout is killing us. Moss is great, but we need an elite big guy.

Who knows. This marks my 31st year of being a Skins fan and I am turning 35. And I can honestly say, I miss the days of RFK, BBQs on the sidewalk as you make you way to the stadium. And I miss winning because we have been garbage for 17 years now.

Posted by: SKINS4EVER | March 18, 2009 12:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: webtechnical | March 17, 2009 11:59 PM

That was the fake rumor...

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2009 12:27 AM | Report abuse

The problem with the scenario is that it seems unlikely that this team has the proper ammunition to land Cutler. Any player of value, aside from Campbell and Rogers, cannot be traded because of salary cap ramifications. Cutler's salary is already $6.5 million this year, so any cap ramifications would seriously hinder the ability to add Cutler. And I don't think Denver or any other team would value Cutler on the same level as Campbell, because to the blind eye, Campbell's stats look pedestrian in comparison to Cutler's.

I find it unfathomable to see this scenario unfolding. On a blank slate, 100% I would take Cutler + Shanahan over Campbell + Zorn. And I'm a huge Campbell fan. But there's no way this happens.

Posted by: psps23 | March 18, 2009 12:30 AM | Report abuse

Z - He has 2 NFL sources, though.

Posted by: 4thFloor

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 18, 2009 12:08 AM

Z - Keim got 2 NFL sources

AND

Seperately, Florio has been hearing from his NFL sources since Monday about Cutler to the skins being possible as well.

That's 2 reporters who cover the NFL reporting it as legit that they are looking into the possibility..........

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2009 12:32 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: bmerrion

Where have you been? It's a well known fact that the Skins FO intensely dislikes the Post - particularly JLC.

Posted by: Lisa_R | March 18, 2009 12:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: bmerrion

Yup

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 18, 2009 12:34 AM | Report abuse

Cooley is a pretty solid player whose value to the skins is a lot higher than any other team.
The key fact is that trading him results in an immediate $8M cap hit. So you'd better trade him and three other guys who we'll have to cut the moment the deal is finalized.
So you shan't see Mr. Cooley in any other uniform this year.

Posted by: daggar | March 18, 2009 12:34 AM | Report abuse

It would absolutely be Snyder's style to try to pull a blockbuster trade like this.

Sad really...

Great Headlines!

But sad.

Haynesworth was enough for this year, thanks. Let's try to build a superior O line, ok?

...Oh, and some linebackers too

...and a great D End

...and a few dime backs

...and a kicker

...and a punter

...and please, please, please let at least one of the receivers we drafted last year kick a little @ss this year.

That's all I want - but don't forget about the O line!

Posted by: edvar | March 18, 2009 12:36 AM | Report abuse

psps, you know Cutler's stats will go down too if he comes her--in fact his interception rate would probably skyrocket. Because no one will be open, but he'll want to make something happen.
Every now and them Moss will get open, but the smart teams will double Moss and keep all their DBs in coverage and let their standard 4 man front collapse the pocket so fast it looks like a blitz.

Posted by: Alan4 | March 18, 2009 12:36 AM | Report abuse

4th, I still say its like the Iraqi weapons of mass destruction rumors -- one source taht got it wrong, but everyone else uses it. Still I'm doing my best to fuel the rumors anyway.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 18, 2009 12:41 AM | Report abuse

Alan, I know that. That's why I said "to the blind eye" Campbell looks pedestrian compared to Cutler.

But it's not just the o-line and the receivers that struggled. Zorn had some serious faults in the second half of the season. Shanahan is the closest thing to a Monte Kiffin version of offense in this league. Make no mistake about it, Shanahan is an elite offensive guru. Here's Shanahan's offensive ranks in Denver:

2008: 2
2007: 11 (Cutler's 2nd year)
2006: 21 (Cutler's rookie year)
2005: 5
2004: 5
2003: 7
2002: 3
2001: 22
2000: 2
1999: 14
1998: 3
1997: 1
1996: 1
1995: 3

Those are ranks with QBs from Elway to Griese to Plummer to Cutler. He knows what QBs work in his offense. If we could get Shanahan here with what was his hand-picked QB, Cutler, then combine that with Blache + this defense, I would do it in a heartbeat. And we ALL know what he does with running backs in his system.

Posted by: psps23 | March 18, 2009 12:58 AM | Report abuse

I say don't go to sleep. We might wake up tommorow with a new QB....

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2009 1:02 AM | Report abuse

"Zorn had some serious faults in the second half of the season."

Zorn was a rookie HC last year. Let's see if he learns from his mistakes last year (of course, injuries played a major role in the change from the 1st half to the 2nd half of the season).

Posted by: Alan4 | March 18, 2009 1:09 AM | Report abuse

psps23, that sure shows how good Shanahan has been with offenses!! Nice work.

Amazing that Denver was anywhere near the top offenses with what happened to their RBs this season.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 18, 2009 1:21 AM | Report abuse

Just for those who want a rumor to wake up to, here it is:

The Skins will trade for Cutler -- or at least attempt it. Indeed, it will be a 3-way trade. The preferred partner is Cleveland in the AFC, but Arizona is apparently interested in letting Leinart go. McDaniels thinks the world of Matt Cassel. Leinart and Cassell learned to QB from the same staff since Cassel was Leinart's backup at USC. Since McDaniels was able to coach up Cassel, he expects he can do the same with the more talented Leinart.

Jason Campbell obviously goes, but it could be to AZ. Campbell is cheaper than Leinart, and better prepped if Warner goes down -- and Warner has a history of injury. Plus, its unclear if Warner plays just one more year or goes for 2. Its open as to who the other high paid player will be to leave DC, but Cooley is definitely a possibility since he and Campbell have some chemistry.

Some draft picks will get shuffled to even things out. The Skins will likely get some, not give them away.

If they can pull off the trade, part 2 happens. This is the BLOCKBUSTER part of it.

Mike Shanahan will be named the Skins head coach, Zorn will be given the position of assistant head coach, offense. Shanahan will report to Dan Snyder, with an arrangement similar to what Gibbs had when he was here. Whether Shanahan is named team president is unclear at this point.

Shanahan thinks incredibly highly of Cutler. He moved up 4 slots in the draft to get him. He benched Jake Plummer during Cutler's rookie year, despite Jake having been QB in the Broncos run to the AFC championship game the prior year and being 7-4 at the time. After the season ended, Shanahan sent Jake packing, leaving Cutler firmly in charge. Make no mistake, Shanahan believes in having a great QB. He sees Cutler as the successor to Elway in Shanahan's offense -- whether in Denver or DC.

As for another transition -- its more straightforward than it might appear. Shanahan is a WCO guy. Shanahan is roughly Zorn's uncle on the Walsh coaching tree. Shanahan replaced Mike Holmgren as offensive coordinator in SF when Holmgren took the Packers HC job. Since Zorn learned the WCO from Holmgren, the transition from Zorn's offense to Shanahan's should be pretty straightforward. Both Shanahan and Holmgren won Super Bowls as the offensive coordinator for SF.

All in all, this deal makes sense for all parties. Denver gets a QB it wants (Campbell or Leinart). The team that gets Campbell may get Cooley, instant chemistry. Cerrato gets a chance to redeem himself with the Fred Davis draft pick -- as he becomes that starter, plus the Skins get a top coach with the QB he believes in. A subtle benefit for Cerrato is that he no longer has his future linked so closely to Zorn. AZ, if they get Campbell+Cooley, get insurance/replacement for Warner and another major receiving threat on a team that thrives through the air.

Seems like it could be true ...

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 18, 2009 3:17 AM | Report abuse

fwiw, my sources tell me that in the Cutler trade, we could get back a pick as high as a 2nd rounder if Cooley goes, which would help to fill in some of the gaps we have.

Also, I hear the biggest obstacle is cap room. To solve that, there's the potential to trade Moss instead of Cooley and get Eddie Royal instead of a pick. That saves cap $$ for Moss and we still have a quick WR. We would need to send another player to Denver as well. Kareem Moore, Chris Horton and Lorenzo Alexander are the guys being mentioned. No high picks get traded in this scenario. Rumor has it Cerrato prefer getting the extra pick by sending Cooley off, but the cap hit might be too much.

While Cutler and Shanahan would be the marquee names coming to DC, this would make it the offseason of Royal Albert Hall.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 18, 2009 4:13 AM | Report abuse

I hope the organization does not blow another season by leaving Campbell in when he falls flat on his face for aother season. If he can't win YOU NEED TO YANK HIM AFTER 3 GAMES.

Posted by: LongTimeSkinsFan | March 18, 2009 4:24 AM | Report abuse

"If we could get Shanahan here with what was his hand-picked QB, Cutler, then combine that with Blache + this defense, I would do it in a heartbeat. And we ALL know what he does with running backs in his system.But alas, it is all a pipedream. There's no chance of landing Cutler, at least this offseason."

The whole Shanahan firing is something of a boondoggle. It's got that Ed Jordan feel about it -- somebody wanted to go in a different direction. Apparently the bus wouldn't turn unless you threw a coach under it.

Shanahan will get a job whenever he wants one. For my money, he's head and shoulders above Zorn. And above Cowher in some ways.

Not that I'm a fan of cut-back blocking, and nobody should be. We've got enough injuries among offensive linemen as it is.

Jay Cutler is another of those mixed-bag QBs. The poor man's Brett Favre. Wonderfully smart and creative on the field, which sometimes translates to silly mistakes. A truly exceptional deep passer who's far more mobile behind the line of scrim than Campbell, and yet occasionally gets a case of the yips and starts throwing bounce-passes at people.

He needs a receiver who can out-muscle people for the ball. Had one -- in Denver.

What he's not: disciplined, or willing to learn a lot of new stuff to please a coach.

Where Campbell spent his college career studying and learning scheme after scheme (and finally found one in which he excelled), Cutler was always the only hope and salvation of the Vanderbilt Commodores.

In other words, if he didn't win the game for Vandy, nobody else on the team could. And they all knew it. So the coaches said, Jay, do your thing. We'll stand over here and watch.

The right QB for Washington? Who can tell?

Posted by: Samson151 | March 18, 2009 4:42 AM | Report abuse

The trade as I understand it:

Jay Cutler and Broncos tight end Tony Scheffler going to Washington, Redskins quarterback Jason Campbell and tight end Chris Cooley going to Cleveland, and Browns quarterback Brady Quinn going to Denver.

HORRIBLE trade. First of all, the cap hit for trading Cooley would be huge. Not to mention trading Cooley would enrage the fanbase, as he is the most popular player on the team and a legit Pro-Bowler.

Tony Scheffler is nice, but he's no Cooley. And at this phase, I'm not so sure that Cutler would do any better than Campbell in this offense with these WRs. Cutler has always had weapons, he won't have 'em here.

It's a damn shame that the Skins have to be in the mix for every big name player that comes available. It would be nice for this team to keep quiet during the offseason and make noise during the year instead of the other way around.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 6:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 6:07 AM

I guess I don't understand how the Skins are "in the mix". They have completely used up their cap, once again, and can't trade Campbell or Cooley. And the post above says "Cerrato: Redskins Not Pursuing Cutler."

So we're only "in the mix" in the minds of Pro Football Talk and a few late-night fantasizers. Of course, the King of the Late Night Fantasizers is Dan Snyder.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | March 18, 2009 6:18 AM | Report abuse

Exactly my point, T_E. And remember, Vinny also said they weren't in the market for Jason Taylor last year.

Whether it's true or not, it gets a little tiresome to hear the Skins connected to just about every big name who ends up on the trade block or comes available in free agency. I would LOVE for this team to simply draft their own studs and stop chasing other people's stars.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 6:24 AM | Report abuse

TE,

I agree there is no way they can trade Cooley, thats an immediate 11 mil hit to the cap.

If you trade a player it's the same as cutting them for cap purposes, then they would also have to add Cutler's deal to the cap.

JC would cost another 1 mil.

It can't be done and just because some people around the league say it's possible, doesn't mean the Skins have talked to anyone or are remotley interested.

It's possible that I could sh!t in my pants today, but it's highly unlickley.

It's possible JLC could say something good about the FO's, but it's not going to happen.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2009 6:30 AM | Report abuse

brown,

We are always going to be associated with this stuff, because most of the media doesn't like Snyder.

Don't let it bother you, who cares let the dumba$$es say what they want.

Cerrato said they were not going to get JT to JLC, because they were in the middle of the trade. He didn't want anyone else to jump in.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2009 6:37 AM | Report abuse

I love how just yesterday Danny was getting verbally groped by some here for being soooo great at managing the cap and now all of a sudden he can't pull of this trade for cap purposes. I doubt this happens because of the Cooley factor, but its been proven several times that if Danny wants to make a splash, he'll make a splash. How many here would REALLY be surprised if this trade went down and it came out after the fact that the cap wasn't as tight as initially reported?

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 6:39 AM | Report abuse

brown,

Even if they could pull off the trade money wise, I don't see it they will give JC one more year to lead this team.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2009 6:44 AM | Report abuse

WOW. April 1st has come WAY early this year! Especially with the new Shanahan-to-DC angle.

I can't believe posters here are still buying into this. Aside from the fact that Cerrato has denied it, ESPN's John Clayton has said there is no truth to this rumor. And trade rumors abound this time of year, especially when a big soap opera starts like the current Cutler sage. AND consider Denver's owner does not want to part with Cutler.

Boy, nothing whips up the RI "community" like rumor mongering!

IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN PEOPLE. Get your heads out of your ***** and get back to work before the Chinese buy up your company and start forcing you to do morning exercises at work...actually, that might be good for us.

Posted by: hithere1 | March 18, 2009 6:45 AM | Report abuse

And what's wrong with doing morning excercises?

No to Cutler and yes to JC.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | March 18, 2009 6:51 AM | Report abuse

I F*CKING LOVE THE OFFSEASON!

Posted by: Original_etrod | March 18, 2009 6:52 AM | Report abuse

Flounder, I don't put ANYTHING past this "braintrust". They got rid of Brad Johnson much quicker and for much less and he was a Pro Bowler here! What makes you think they'll be loyal to JC?

And Hithere1, take a deep breath and calm down. I'm not saying this trade is going to happen, and DEFINITELY NOT saying it should happen, but all I'm saying is that I don't put it past Vinny and Danny to chase this until either Denver or Cleveland pulls the plug or until it comes to pass.

Unlikely? Yes. Impossible? Not with the clowns running the Snyder and Vinny 3-Ring Circus in Ashburn.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 6:57 AM | Report abuse

this is all absurd I just don't see it happening. We are talking about a 3 way 5 player maybe 6 and draft pick trade.

Posted by: alex35332 | March 18, 2009 7:01 AM | Report abuse

Yes B, you need to take a deep breath brother. I for one don't want any part of Cutler. Let another team deal with his ass. I really don't think this is going down.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | March 18, 2009 7:01 AM | Report abuse

From a cap perspective there's no way we can trade Cooley, Landry or Moss given we are only $6.4m under the cap right now and the dead cap hits they carry if they leave the team.

So all those rumours about those players being in any deal are BS.

The names of players to look out for as part of any deal are Colt Brennan and Fred Davis, with Campbell going to another team all together.

We lose the #13 pick but potentially pick up something in the low 20's /early 30's for Campbell.

Posted by: PCinOz | March 18, 2009 7:09 AM | Report abuse

Don't get me wrong, JM...I don't want Cutler either. He and Philip Rivers annoy me on sight. I would hate this trade and probably be in a bad mood the rest of the offseason. And any trade sending Cooley away is a LOUSY idea. I just think that there's at least been a conversation about this trade and I wouldn't put it past the FO to make a dumb deal like this. That's ALL...I hate even the prospect of this trade.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 7:09 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: PCinOz | March 18, 2009 7:09 AM

Offering that poo-poo platter in a trade won't net you Cutler, but it will net you a half eaten cutlet and a glass of Coke Zero...

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 7:15 AM | Report abuse

Don't need a whiny prima donna like Cutler. Focus on getting JC locked up.

Matter of fact, forget about the QB altogether. They're fine there. Go get Julius Peppers instead. I'd bet the ranch the Skins are one of the two mystery NFC teams he'd want to go to.

Posted by: nittanybruin | March 18, 2009 7:17 AM | Report abuse

And these Cutler for JC and Shanahan rumors aren't even the craziest ones out there - check this one out for some perspective, peeps:

************************************
Special mailbag edition: Cutler saga

March 16, 2009 7:25 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

Because of the onslaught of questions in light of Jay Cutler's public announcement of his trade request, we are doing a special Cutler-themed mailbag.

Jared from Rye, CO: Bill, with all the drama in Denver, I've been hearing rumblings on a Denver radio station that Tom Brady could be coming to town for Cutler and our #12 pick? Is this even conceiveable?

BW: I don't see that happening. The Patriots love Brady. That would be a shocker.

Posted by: hithere1 | March 18, 2009 7:23 AM | Report abuse

If they traded Cooley we may have to burn down all of Ashburn. And Patomic and RalJon.

Posted by: alex35332 | March 18, 2009 7:24 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: PCinOz | March 18, 2009 7:09 AM

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 7:15 AM

Show me where I said that would be all we'd give up?

If you understood how highly Josh McDaniels rates Brennan maybe you would also understand the comment.

Posted by: PCinOz | March 18, 2009 7:25 AM | Report abuse

Should we go down the list of times Vinnie has outright lied to the media about something? Just Jason LaCanfora who has seen it with his own eyes many times. I would like to believe the guy, but I just can't.

Posted by: 4seamed | March 18, 2009 7:27 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: nittanybruin | March 18, 2009 7:17 AM

Now THAT'S an idea I could get behind. Cutler doesn't represent enough of an upgrade at QB to warrant making the kind of deal necessary to land him. And Campbell could re-sign for half of what Cutler would ask for. I would prefer using the 1st rounder on a pass rusher, but Julius Peppers next to Albert Haynesworth would look mighty good on paper.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 7:27 AM | Report abuse

I meant to link this...next time you want to believe anything Cerrato says, read this. http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/07/the_immaculate_deception.html

Posted by: 4seamed | March 18, 2009 7:29 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: nittanybruin | March 18, 2009 7:17 AM

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 7:27 AM

Given that any trade for Cutler would facilitate Campbell being traded and the Skins getting nearly $3m in cap relief (Campbell's base salary) in 2009 to use in a new Cutler contract (lessening any cap hit in 2009), tell me where the cap $$$ are coming from for Julius Peppers given our current cap position??

Posted by: PCinOz | March 18, 2009 7:34 AM | Report abuse

Show me where I said that would be all we'd give up?

Posted by: PCinOz | March 18, 2009 7:25 AM

The guys you listed are guys that would be nothing more than throw-in players in just about any trade. So you'd have to have a principle player and/or pick add up to the value of Cutler.

And I don't care if McDaniels thinks Colt is the next coming of Tom Brady...he's not going to give up Cutler for a 6th rounder who has yet to see the field without a pretty good complimentary player/pick.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 7:36 AM | Report abuse

It is fair to think that Vinny is lieing but I hope they do not make the move. Its no different than trading your car with 50,000 miles for one with 40,000

Posted by: alex35332 | March 18, 2009 7:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4seamed | March 18, 2009 7:29 AM |

Stop crying, he lied to JLC because they were in the middle of making the deal, plus JLC is an a$$ towards the FO's that is why he gets no inside information.

Who really gives a sh!t if Cerrato lies to JLC.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2009 7:38 AM | Report abuse

Flounder,
I think he is pointing out that he lied not just to JLC, but ESPN and all the other papers.

Posted by: alex35332 | March 18, 2009 7:40 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 7:36 AM

Of course picks are involved and #13 will be the primary one (along with probably a conditional pick from 2010). That goes without saying.

Getting a low first/high second back from another team for Campbell would help soften that blow.

Posted by: PCinOz | March 18, 2009 7:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: PCinOz | March 18, 2009 7:34 AM

Tell me where I said the trade would work?

I'm just saying that making a move for a QB is making a trade just for the sake of making a trade. You're not addressing the REAL needs of the roster and making a move for an elite DE would be a move worth exploring. I don't think the Skins have the space to make a move for Peppers (I would rather have him than Haynesworth, truth be told), but again...I wouldn't be surprised if the Skins made a move for him anyhow.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 7:42 AM | Report abuse

Of course don't rule out a possible three team trade either...........

Carolina could get involved with Peppers ending up at Denver, and of course KC - Cassel has yet to sign a contract extension, so it's still a possibility that Josh gets Cassel after all (and JC ends up in KC)...

Posted by: PCinOz | March 18, 2009 7:45 AM | Report abuse

Flounder,

Posted by: alex35332 | March 18, 2009 7:40 AM |

If you read the story he lied to the local media, no where in there did it say anything about ESPN.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2009 7:46 AM | Report abuse

I'm not kidding go to PFT right now, they're reporting that we're in negotiations to send a first this year, and a first for the next 2 years to NOBODY for the rights to Marcus Mason, and a 240 DE who played in Canada.

GREAT MOVE by this team......

I have land in Florida...lots of it....not swamp land either....for sale, let me know who wants in...

Posted by: BeantownGreg | March 18, 2009 7:46 AM | Report abuse

Cerrato: "We are not pursuing Albert Haynesworth" (2am)

Albert Haynesworth is a Redskin (5am)

Posted by: ArlingtonHokie | March 18, 2009 7:47 AM | Report abuse

Cerrato: "We are not pursuing Albert Haynesworth" (2am)

Albert Haynesworth is a Redskin (5am)

Posted by: ArlingtonHokie | March 18, 2009 7:47 AM

Where was this quated from give me a link.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2009 7:56 AM | Report abuse

PFT is reporting that Levi Jones might be cut in Cincy if they take Andre Smith. At the right price, that would be a nice pickup at RT...

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 8:05 AM | Report abuse

Deep breaths, everyone. Take your favorite chill pill this morning. Switch to Decaf for that next cup 'o joe. Take off your panties, untwist them, then slide them back on, one leg at a time.

Many teams in the NFL are now involved in rumors about Cutler. Even the Patriots, with a Brady for Cutler rumor making the rounds. For real.

I highly doubt ANY of them pan out. And even if Cerrato is lying, there is just no solid reporting on this anywhere. (Sorry, PFT's Florio quoting an anonymous NFL source to support this rumor just doesn't seem real solid to me. Ditto the "DC Examiner." Seriously, is this where we are getting our news from? The freakin' EXAMINER?! C'mon, peeps.)

Posted by: hithere1 | March 18, 2009 8:15 AM | Report abuse

For those that missed it, Jon Keim, the writer from the Examiner that helped break this story, was on the Junkies earlier this morning. He was ADAMANT that his sources were very reliable, and both independent of one another. One of his two sources was from another NFL team.

He's sticking to his story that the team is pushing hard for Cutler with a 3rd team in the mix, where the biggest obstacles are (1) getting salaries matched up -- he likened it to an NBA trade rather than a normal NFL trade, and (2) getting players to Denver, not draft picks.

He says he's unsure whether a deal is possible given the lack of viable trading options the Skins have, due to almost every player creating cap hits that are too high to let leave. Campbell would actually create more room if he leaves, so that leaves the possibility open, but the only other guys that make sense in a trade would be youngsters at a cheap salary with little to no prorated bonus left (so Horton, Monty, Golston, McInstosh, Thomas, Kelly, Davis, Rinehart, Moore, etc.). It's unclear how much value those guys have with other teams.

I personally believe Keim in that this is something the Skins are seriously pursuing. I just don't think the Skins have enough to pull it off.

Posted by: psps23 | March 18, 2009 8:15 AM | Report abuse

these comments on the cutler trade should be posted in a bugs bunny daffy duck cartoon very comical

Posted by: rls1041 | March 18, 2009 8:17 AM | Report abuse

From ESPN's NFL Nation Blog:
*****************************************
News & Notes: Cutler headed to Redskins?

March 17, 2009 10:04 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

It is being reported in Washington, that the Redskins are trying to get Jay Cutler in a three-way deal. Interestingly, the report suggests the third team could be Kansas City.

Who would be involved? Matt Cassel perhaps? Who knows? Let's see if there are any legs to this report before getting too excited.

There were indications around the league Tuesday that Denver is still not ready to take calls about Cutler, even though he has gone public with his trade request. Meanwhile, the Washington Times is reporting the Redskins are responding to rumors linking them to Cutler by saying Jason Campbell will remain the team's quarterback. With a player of Cutler's caliber in the spotlight, expect several of these types of developments around the league.

Posted by: hithere1 | March 18, 2009 8:22 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | March 18, 2009 8:15 AM |

Sorry psp, but I think the guy is full of sh!t.

JC would not clear any space he would cost 1mil against the cap.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2009 8:24 AM | Report abuse

Let's Repeat that line again:

"With a player of Cutler's caliber in the spotlight, expect several of these types of developments around the league."

Posted by: hithere1 | March 18, 2009 8:24 AM | Report abuse

I'm sorry but a guy who writes for a free newspaper, is not my idea of an NFL insider.

When Shefter, Mort or any of those guys has the story let me know.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2009 8:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | March 18, 2009 8:15 AM

Brace yourself, Psps23...that sums up what I've been saying all morning and I've been challenged on it constantly.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 8:32 AM | Report abuse

"JC would not clear any space he would cost 1mil against the cap."

I think you're wrong on that. His base salary is $2.858 million, and the highest release fee I've seen is $1 million.

Posted by: psps23 | March 18, 2009 8:33 AM | Report abuse

Love my RI brethre, but some of you are crazy...

What has Cutler done? This organization is trying to show some patience with Campbell and some already want to trade him for someone who has done nothing.

Posted by: rickyroge | March 18, 2009 8:33 AM | Report abuse

When Shefter, Mort or any of those guys has the story let me know.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2009 8:28 AM

Um, Shefter writes for NFL.com...which is free. Mort writes for ESPN.com...which is mostly free. Writing for the Examiner doesn't make Keim's sources any more or less credible.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 8:39 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | March 18, 2009 8:33 AM |

psp,

I'm sorry your correct he will save 1.8, still not very much.

Remember we have to add Cutlers contract to are cap, plus he wants a new contract.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2009 8:39 AM | Report abuse

I love Campbell and believe that he is the real deal, but to say Cutler has done "nothing" is disingenuous. He's already a pro-bowl, 4000+ yard, 25 TD QB that led his offense to the #2 overall ranking last season. Is he perfect? No. But the guy's a damn good QB.

Posted by: psps23 | March 18, 2009 8:40 AM | Report abuse

Where was this quated from give me a link.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2009 7:56 AM

Posted by: talent_evaluator | March 18, 2009 8:42 AM | Report abuse

Trading Cooley is is one of the backbones of the team would have been a major mistake IMO. I'm glad the internet rumors proved to be hogwash!

And BTW, JLC got a text from Vinny? And it didn't tell him where to go?

Posted by: Jason10 | March 18, 2009 8:42 AM | Report abuse

I listened to Keim, and let me just say he does a weak job pitching this. Lots of pauses and er-ums.

This is a St.Patrics Day Rumor. I am gonna bet it started with the words. "You..you know wha I her..d"

Posted by: alex35332 | March 18, 2009 8:44 AM | Report abuse

Funny how everyone always wants this team to get smart and start growing through the draft and developing their own players yet no one balks when every single name mentioned as trade bait is a young player that was drafted and is being developed by the Redskins.

Posted by: bigfish761 | March 18, 2009 8:45 AM | Report abuse

FYI Cooleys latest blog post is worth a read on this topic. Highlights are he would be pissed to go to the browns. He does not put stock in a rumor about him being traded started on the WWW.

Posted by: alex35332 | March 18, 2009 8:46 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 8:39 AM |

Brown,

Comparing NFL.com and ESPN.com to the Examiner is a joke.

Those guys have tons of sources throughout the league I doubt this guy does.

How many NFL stories has this guy broken, compared to the others I've mentioned.

This trade is not happening so lets move on.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2009 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | March 18, 2009 8:40 AM

He also had 18 picks and has what some call "Favre-itis"...meaning he'll force things even if it isn't there. This is a team that can't survive turnovers and I'm not impressed by his 17-20 record. I'd pass on Cutler.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 8:49 AM | Report abuse

Brown and TE,

It's been reported by a Redskins' Beat reporter as well.

But you guys keep mixing the fake rumor with the real rumor.

The FAKE rumor talks about Coooley and the Broncos' Tight End.

The real one just talks about us inquiring about Cutler. JC17 would obviously have to be traded.

PCinOZ knows what he's talking about. The best chance is that nothing happens. But, you can never say never with the Redskins. We did get Haynesworth when nobody expected it........

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2009 8:50 AM | Report abuse

I’m a huge Skins fan, although don’t post here that often, too much garbage being spewed around.

Let me go on record and say I like Jason Campbell. But, the Skins would be foolish to pass up a chance ot get Jay Cutler. And all the fans clamoring that we Jason Campbell is the better QB than Cutler? HA, what NFL do you watch? Cutler is the better athlete, the better passer, the smarter passer, and far more mobile. He was better in college, and is better in the NFL. This would be HUGE for the skins. If it means giving up Cooley also, DO IT! Fred Davis is too good to be sitting on the bench. And don’t give me that crap about “double tight”, it’s unadulterated nonsense, very few teams run it, and very few teams are successful in it. It won’t work in a West Coast spread offense. Period. Just a heads up to all you fans saying it won’t happen, it probably will. The fact that Danny-Boy hasn’t extended Campbell’s contract yet should tell all you brainiacs all you need to know. If he truly was “the guy for the future”, he would have been resigned last year, just like La Canfora said. It’s simple politics and common sense. The organization does not trust him, and rightfully so. All of you saying “it’s the O-Line’s fault”? Come again? 75% of the time it was Jason holding the ball far too long, that has been his problem, and continues to be so. Again, I like Jason Campbell, and think he is a good QB. He is just not the guy for this offense and this team. Quite frankly I do not ever see him being a pro-bowl QB, no matter where he plays. If you fans have any ounce of intelligence, you would be keeping your fingers crossed that this trade happens, it needs to for the sake of this team. The draft is full of OL talent this year, and it shouldn’t be too hard to find a decent Right-Tackle. With Dock back, it just gives us more options, the OL will be fine.

Posted by: cj658 | March 18, 2009 8:52 AM | Report abuse

Would we be taking on Cutlers salary as is? Or would we be paying him a new amount? Cause theres no way we could afford a new amount.

The whole thing is preposterous, if you ask me.

Posted by: Rypien11 | March 18, 2009 8:52 AM | Report abuse

Where was this quated from give me a link.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2009 7:56 AM

Posted by: talent_evaluator | March 18, 2009 8:42 AM |

He lied to the agent not ESPN, and ofcourse he would if they couldn't work it out with AH, then they would want Canty to visit first thing.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2009 8:52 AM | Report abuse

Are people seriously stupid enough to think wed trade Cooley?

Not only is he one of our best players, but his cap hit makes it IMPOSSIBLE.

IMPOSSIBLE.

IMPOSSIBLE.

As in, an $8M hit this year. IMPOSSIBLE.

Posted by: Rypien11 | March 18, 2009 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Comparing NFL.com and ESPN.com to the Examiner is a joke.

Those guys have tons of sources throughout the league I doubt this guy does.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2009 8:48 AM

Do you know how Shefter started out? A beat writer for the Broncos. Just because Keim isn't on their level right now doesn't mean he doesn't have sources. If the only sources he has in the whole world are in D.C. and Denver that's all he needs for this story. I don't deny that Shefter is one of the best in the biz (I look to him, Glazer and John Clayton for my NFL news), I just don't write off Keim because he's not a household name.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 8:55 AM | Report abuse

In contrast to my comments last night, I would consider Cutler if it meant bringing Shanahan on board.

However, why sould Shenannigans wanna get involved w/ The Danny? Is Cerrato really THAT much of a draw?!

...man this team has problems...

I miss Gibbs 2.0.

Posted by: DikShuttle | March 18, 2009 8:56 AM | Report abuse

Jay Cutler=Tony Romo

Posted by: bigfish761 | March 18, 2009 8:56 AM | Report abuse

Exactly

But people don't listen

Posted by: PCinOz | March 18, 2009 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Flounder21, it's not verbatim quotes, but that's basically how the storied played out. Go look at the Redskin Insider posts from that day to see what I am talking about

Posted by: ArlingtonHokie | March 18, 2009 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Gibbs had his faults but you have to admit that this kinda stuff was not one of them.

Posted by: alex35332 | March 18, 2009 8:59 AM | Report abuse

People don't listen about Cooley I meant.

Posted by: PCinOz | March 18, 2009 9:00 AM | Report abuse

But you guys keep mixing the fake rumor with the real rumor.

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2009 8:50 AM

"Real" rumor and "fake" rumor? They're all rumors. The nature of a rumor -- an unverified account or explanation of events -- is such that "real" and "fake" have no meaning.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | March 18, 2009 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Writing for the Examiner doesn't make Keim's sources any more or less credible.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 8:39 AM

Yo, Keim has been covering the Redskins longer than JLaC.

He's been at Redskins Park since Norv. You can't knock him, he has sources like Elfin...

We writes for more than the examiner, too.

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2009 9:03 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent_evaluator | March 18, 2009 9:00 AM

You have Keim and Florio speaking on it. From what I know about these dudes, I trust that it was atleast discussed in the Front Office.

And PZinOZ comes in, and from his post in other chats (scout.com) he knows what he's talking about as well. People are always linking his salary cap page up here, so apparently you trust him enough to use his cap #s for the team, he should get a tiny cred he knows a little more than we do.......

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2009 9:08 AM | Report abuse

"He also had 18 picks and has what some call "Favre-itis"...meaning he'll force things even if it isn't there."

Count me as one who's not afraid of that type of player. Yes, Cutler threw 18. Big Benjamin? He threw 15.

Posted by: psps23 | March 18, 2009 9:10 AM | Report abuse

The only thing that makes me think this will happen is that these days Jasno only gets messages from Vinnie when they turn out to be not true. Me thinks the Skins have it out for Jasno and purposely give him the wrong information.

Posted by: bigfish761 | March 18, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

I miss Gibbs 2.0.

Posted by: DikShuttle | March 18, 2009 8:56 AM

Hopefully you mean 1.0...otherwise we're already at rock bottom if we're pining for a 4 year stretch of 30-36 football!

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | March 18, 2009 9:10 AM

Laughable comparison...if Ben throws a pick his defense typically gets him the ball back. Cutler threw an avalanche of picks during the 3 game losing streak to close out the season in which they led the division EVERY WEEK until the one that counts. You'll get more TDs, but you'll get more picks too. This team can't withstand the picks.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 9:16 AM | Report abuse

I could see another team maybe contacting the skins and broncos asking about a trade but there are so many teams that are rumored involved in what is going on. Do a google news search when I did it I saw the 49ers, Browns, Eagles, Lions, AZ, Texans, Vikings, Cowboys, Someone here mentioned the Pats. I am sure there are rumors on 31 teams.

Posted by: alex35332 | March 18, 2009 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: bigfish761 | March 18, 2009 9:11 AM

OR...Jasno has finally pounded Vinny into submission and Vinny has begun a new era in which Jasno will get all the Big Scoops. Like this one: "Redskins Not Pursuing Cutler."

Anyway, this one went to Jasno Reid, not Jasno La Canfora.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | March 18, 2009 9:19 AM | Report abuse

ugh.....i was dead, DEAD wrong about haynesworth, but this one stinks, much ado about nothing I think....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | March 18, 2009 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Anyway, this one went to Jasno Reid, not Jasno La Canfora.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | March 18, 2009 9:19 AM | Report abuse

My bad.

In other news Orlando Pace is visiting the Ravens. Shouldn't we be at least talking to or taking a look at this guy? Unless of course they are planning on using #13 on a tackle.

Posted by: bigfish761 | March 18, 2009 9:23 AM | Report abuse

It's all rumor and speculation. At this point the only thing we know for sure is flounder21 is a moron.

Posted by: mack1 | March 18, 2009 9:23 AM | Report abuse

How about we package TJ Duckett and Jason Taylor for Cutler?

Posted by: isnadd | March 18, 2009 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Why not trade Campbell for Cutler? Cutler performs better, is a proven and demonstrated team leader - two areas were we are still unsure about Campbell after 4 years here.

And, in any case, wouldn't Jay Cutler just create BUZZ? That's something the Danny just can't resist, right?

Posted by: agupta1 | March 18, 2009 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Campbell is a nice player. He has got great professionalism and a nice arm. Unfortunately, he doesn't have much of an O-line, smallish receivers and he plays in a scheme where the long ball is basically void. Yes, he can run a little, which he had to do a lot in the last 8 weeks of the season. I would seriously be interested in seeing his stats in warm weather versus cold weather. He seems to play really well in the beginning of seasons, but struggles when the weather turns cold.

My point is that it isn't only an issue with the QB but for once it would be nice to compete because we have that type of talent in our QB. Every team has shortcomings, but those shortcomings are more amplified when your QB is one of them.

Posted by: authorofpoetry | March 18, 2009 9:26 AM | Report abuse

RI MArch Madness Bracket Challenge:

Group:

RI Hamsters

Password:

ST21

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Cutler a "team leader"?

Who's crying to get out of town right now and who is ready to take on a new season and the blame that comes along with winning or losing games as a QB like a real man?

Posted by: bigfish761 | March 18, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: mack1 | March 18, 2009 9:23 AM |

Please b!tch boy, I said there is no way it will happen nor could it happen even if they wanted it to.

Got anything else dumba$$.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2009 9:30 AM | Report abuse

LIONS TO VISIT WITH RAJI
Posted by Mike Florio on March 17, 2009, 7:37 p.m.
The Detroit Lions have visited with several of the top prospects in the 2009 draft pool.

The three who already have been to town — Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford, Baylor tackle Jacon Smith, and Wake Forest linebacker Aaron Curry — are widely regarded as possible No. 1 overall picks.

The next one — Boston College defensive tackle B.J. Raji — isn’t.

Per NFL.com, Raji will visit the Lions on Wednesday.

The Lions could trade down from No. 1 to get Raji, or trade up from No. 20.

Posted by: bigfish761 | March 18, 2009 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Flound - we would just pick up Cutlers salary as is, right? Which currently is less than JCs? and then next year wed have to offer him a boatload?

I really hope this is all just crap.

Posted by: Rypien11 | March 18, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

I really hope this is all just crap.

Posted by: Rypien11 | March 18, 2009 9:34 AM |

Ryp,

He wants a new deal or he will not be happy, but the problem is Denver would want a QB and not JC.

JC does not feet into what Mcdaniels does on offense.

He wants Cassell or Brady Quinn.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2009 9:38 AM | Report abuse

"Laughable comparison...if Ben throws a pick his defense typically gets him the ball back."

What? If you have a great defense, the objective is to limit turnovers. Baltimore, Tampa Bay, and Pittsburgh circa 2005 all won SBs using this strategy.

On the other hand, when you have NO defense, you have to force chances in order to outscore your opponent. Warner in St. Louis (averaged just under 18 INTs per season), Manning prior to Dungy (never threw less than 15 INTs prior to 2003), and of course, Brett Favre, who has a .632 winning percentage in his career.

Beyond that, it's laughable that you're insinuating that the Redskins defense is more comparable to Denver's than to Pittsburgh's.

Posted by: psps23 | March 18, 2009 9:38 AM | Report abuse

hmmmm...

I am inclined to think this is all just hot stove hullabaloo...and I find it hysterical that most of this is driven by joke blog post...

butt...

If Flounder and Beantown say it wont happen, than the probability that it will increases signifigantly.

Posted by: chrislarry | March 18, 2009 9:38 AM | Report abuse

CL,

Thats true I better stop talking about it, the JC for Cutler thing will happen probably by the end of today.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2009 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Cutler is the new girl with the great figure and sexy. Campbell is the solid, average looking girl. Dependable, devoted, but not as sexy as the new girl. Most dumb, young and ignorant guys would go for the new, young, sexy girl. Most older guys would stay with the solid, dependable average looking girl realizing that she would be less maintenance and you can continue to depend on her. Has Snyder matured into the older guy? Or will he continue his ways and go after the next sexy player? Only time will tell, but I hope he has grown up just a little.

Posted by: SPUD2 | March 18, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

cerrato should pursue simeon rice for help at de... looks like he might have his swag back... and hell play with a chip on his shoulder

Posted by: redstick2 | March 18, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

For the record, this trade wont happen. BUTT if you dont think it was discussed/debated/considered and that the Keim/Florio source for the fact that it was is legit, your head is firmly up your keister.

This blind acceptance of a few writers like schlefter or Mort over others is a joke. Those guys blow stuff all the time (not a slam, its the nature of the job). Just last week John Clayton, who started in Seatlle, was telling callers to a Seattle radio show he had heard nothing about Hawks/Lions trade AS IT WAS GOING DOWN.

Posted by: chrislarry | March 18, 2009 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Simeon Rice??

Try Kenard Lang....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | March 18, 2009 9:43 AM | Report abuse

I loved Kenard Lang......

Posted by: chrislarry | March 18, 2009 9:46 AM | Report abuse

I ran into Kenard at a WWF wrestling event at MCI Center along with some of the other guys like Derek Smith, Champ Bailey, etc. He's not as big as you would think a DE would be. The guy was smaller than me (but had more muscle).

Posted by: bigfish761 | March 18, 2009 9:48 AM | Report abuse

cl, not a joke, but JClayton, and Shefter are more connected than Keim/Florio, and its not blind acceptance either, just Clayton/Shefter/Mort are more often breaking stories that happen, before anyone else does.

The other day Carucci had Peppers going to NE for a 2nd, which didn't and hasn't happened, and Shefter said wouldn't happen. Turns out Shefter was right....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | March 18, 2009 9:48 AM | Report abuse

One man garbage is another man's treasure!

Posted by: jr12 | March 18, 2009 9:49 AM | Report abuse

"That said, I'll repeat that I doubt this trade happens. I just don't rule it out because with Danny and Vinny you expect the unexpected."

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 8:55 AM

Way to cover yourself, brownwood26. So if you don't think this is going to happen, WTF are you arguing about then?

Ok, I guess your point is that something _could_ happen. True. And monkeys _could_ fly out of your b*tt. Also true.

I give those two events about the same odds. To Vegas!

Posted by: hithere1 | March 18, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Yeah - wotzthis?! Cerrato texting the insider clan?!

Next thing you know, it's Cindy on the Cerrato show...

Posted by: DikShuttle | March 18, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

No its a joke...if you charted smaller writers against the big ones in an excel sheet overtime you would see.

Also no siht the big boys get better scoops, thats who the teams/leagues FEED when they WANT a narrative or news spread. The few big boys have freakin red phones from the league.

I mean who does schefter work for again? oh yeah the NFL!

I would argue the Keims/florios of the world work harder b/c of their lack of access.

Posted by: chrislarry | March 18, 2009 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Cutler would definitely be an upgrade over Jason Campbell. If this happens, I hope we don't give up mutiple high draft picks! Jason Campbell reminds me alot of Tony Banks. He has the tools to be a starter, but he will never take you to the superbowl. He can go from sensational to horrible all in one game.

Posted by: RedskinJim1 | March 18, 2009 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | March 18, 2009 9:38 AM

I didn't insinuate that at all. What I'm saying is that the Redskins went 6-2 last year by turning the ball over close to never. Once the turnovers started to roll in, so did the losses. As good fundamentally as this defense is here, they're not going to get the ball back for your offense OR sack the QB with any regularity. If that changes this year, then fine...but as of now there's no reason think they'll be any better.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

cl, agree to disagree...

Posted by: BeantownGreg | March 18, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

what a kick in the gut!

Posted by: dieselfan44 | March 18, 2009 9:58 AM | Report abuse

I give those two events about the same odds. To Vegas!

Posted by: hithere1 | March 18, 2009 9:51 AM

Cover myself? I'm sorry, am I going on PTI later today to present my take? I don't see a need to cover myself...I could say something different every post if I want to, I'm just calling it like I see it.

I doubt the Skins would have the cap space to chase Peyton Manning...doesn't mean they wouldn't make a run at him if the Colts put him on the block.

Why don't you take a timeout from being such a smartass and actually pay attention to what it is I'm saying?

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2009 10:00 AM | Report abuse

So you don't think that as an employee of the NFL, in a league where franchises are like 32 local branches that Scfleter (sp) has better access than most reporters and that GMs don't leak stories to Mort/Clatton/King when they want the story broke??

My man thats PR/journalism 101.

Posted by: chrislarry | March 18, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

RI MArch Madness Bracket Challenge:

Group:

RI Hamsters

Password:

ST21

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

cl, I think schefter and mort offer more than Keim/Florio....and guess what...thats ok...I can have a different opinion than you....deep breaths....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | March 18, 2009 10:06 AM | Report abuse

The fact that Vinny denies any interest in Cutler makes me 100% certain that he'll soon be wearing the burgundy and gold.

*Sigh*

Happy trail, Soup.

Posted by: TDawg1 | March 18, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

My man thats PR/journalism 101.

Posted by: chrislarry | March 18, 2009 10:03 AM

I thought it was based on controlling the story?

I thought the GM decides who he thinks is most credible to pimp his side of the story so us, fans, can take it at face value when we shouldn't? Similar to politics....

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2009 10:09 AM | Report abuse

RI MArch Madness Bracket Challenge:

Group:

RI Hamsters

Password:

ST21

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2009 10:03 AM |

4th,

I'm taking the title.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2009 10:09 AM | Report abuse

classic beantown. Has no rhetorical argument and than wants to chalk it up to difference of opinion while Two stepping to an insult. Which is fine. It takes all kinds...

But I predict within about 12 posts you will savage someone for voicing an opinion that differs from you, or demand some pseudo fact check on someone's theory.

Posted by: chrislarry | March 18, 2009 10:11 AM | Report abuse

4th, that is my point....

Posted by: chrislarry | March 18, 2009 10:13 AM | Report abuse

I believe where there is smoke there is fire. Will the trade go down? No. But it won't be from a lack of trying on the Skins part.

Posted by: Gweez | March 18, 2009 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Last Word!

Posted by: hithere1 | March 18, 2009 10:15 AM | Report abuse

lol, cl...what was it you said, I've become a parody of myself, was that it??

also, how did I insult you, by saying that people don't have to goose step to what ever you say?? My sincerest apologies...I'll never let that happen again....lol...lighten up..go change a diaper.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | March 18, 2009 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Love the smell of good debating in the morning...

My .02 - Just because someone like Mort, Sheffter, or Glazer isn't saying it's likely to go down doesn't mean it can't happen. People also thought they weren't in the running for Haynesworth - he got signed. Cerrato denied trading for Jason Taylor - he was traded for.

If Cerrato says that they aren't interested in Cutler, it doesn't mean anything to me. I mean, if they were, do you think he'll come out andd say it?

Anyway...

4th, that sign in page is suspect. I tried using the log-in info you provided and it didn't work. Are you starting the annual RI tourney bracket?

If so, I'm trying to join the league/group... I like my brackets this year.

I will punish all those that lay before me!

Posted by: RedDMV | March 18, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

My name is Dan Snyder and I am addicted to Free Agency.

Posted by: alex35332 | March 18, 2009 10:19 AM | Report abuse

If so, I'm trying to join the league/group... I like my brackets this year.

I will punish all those that lay before me!

Posted by: RedDMV | March 18, 2009 10:18 AM

It works. Try it the same way I spelled it. CAPS and everything.

Did you see my post last night about the real High School with skills? Especially basketball?

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2009 10:22 AM | Report abuse

I'm taking the title.

Posted by: Flounder21
----------------------------
Ha, Ha - and then your alarm clock rang. Once I figure out what I'm doing wrong on the sign in page, it's on like the lights in Hong Kong

Posted by: RedDMV | March 18, 2009 10:22 AM | Report abuse

red,

You have to have a espn fantasy account as well.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2009 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | March 18, 2009 10:22 AM |

Red bring it don't sing it.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

RedDMV, the page worked for me....not the first time but the second when I put in all caps.

Posted by: Lisa_R | March 18, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

1) Shanahan doesn't set foot in Redskins Park unless he has Gibbs-power, meaning a demotion for Vinny...

2) Culter is not an upgrade from JC. He had one nice season after spending 3 years developing in the same offense...he's not Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or even Matt Ryan. IF JC had 3 consecutive years developing in the same offense w/ same coaches, I bet we wouldn't be having this talk...

3) I'm a little shocked that Vinny would text JReid...I guess JLA has been taken off the account after doing everything in his power to destroy the relationship...are we actually gonna get "inside" info now?

Posted by: p1funk | March 18, 2009 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Worked for me. But its not easy to navigate.

Posted by: alex35332 | March 18, 2009 10:33 AM | Report abuse

beep

Posted by: BeantownGreg | March 18, 2009 10:35 AM | Report abuse

cutler is a punk, a tool, and he sucks

Posted by: COskins | March 18, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse

____
"Potential growth".. that is a phase for a guy entering his 2nd or 3rd year.. not his FIFTH!!! Look Cutler would certainly be an upgrade over Campbell but I don't see the trade happening for the simple reason who would give up Cutler FOR Campbell??? Now I'm excited about the potential growth of Colt Brennan.. that's where i think the Skins best hope lies now.

Posted by: sovine08 | March 18, 2009 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: SPUD2
_____
Spud2 not for anything but with metaphors like these you need to get out more buddy...

Posted by: sovine08 | March 18, 2009 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Campbell Sucks!!! The Redskins would be lucky to be able to replace him with Cutler. Another year with Campbell means another mediocre season.

Posted by: srobert1117 | March 18, 2009 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Denver wouldn't trade Cutler to the Skins at "gun point", that's why I'm not holding my breathe. They would ruin him anyway....

Posted by: ENJOYA | March 18, 2009 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Remember, the Federal govt model with AIG is to keep the people who get you in a mess, then pay them a bonus, since they are best qualified to fix their own mess. What a minute, this sounds much like the Redskin model for the last few years. Maybe another blockbuster: Culter, Campbell and Cooley...then Dan Synder to Secretary of Treasury?? Qualified!

Posted by: Justlistening | March 18, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Hey Jason, I got a text too. It was from Dan Snyder. He says that he makes the calls on this team, not Vinny. Bring on #6!

Posted by: Boleyn9 | March 18, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Jay Cutler to the Skins for Campbell? The grass is always greener on the other team's lawn until you wander in and step in a big pile of Haynesworth... The Skins need to stop looking for other teams' players to solve their problems and need to depend on their ability to develop talent on their own. If they cannot find the players in the draft or through rookie free agents, then maybe they need to revamp their scouting process (and their rookie development process). It seems like Bobby Beathard was always able to dredge some talent from the depths of mediocre schools' rosters and Joe Gibbs was able to develop them. The Redskins, with rare exception, cannot seem to find the talent or develop it. This is the weakness that leads to spending sprees, and to speculation of acquiring another team's player like Cutler. The question that should be asked is, "if that player is so good, then why does the current team want to get rid of him?"

Maybe instead of spending millions on someone else's players, Dan-of-the-deep-pockets should hire more scouts, and create a nationwide - no, a worldwide - database of athletes and the positions they could play. Then he should force Zorn to come up with a unique process for developing rookies. While the veterans throughout the pre-season are preparing for and playing games, the rookies should be working to learn the fundamentals of the schemes, with a new special coaching staff whose sole function is rookie development. This staff would stick around in the regular season working with developing players on the developmental roster, and spending off days for the rest of the team working with all of the first year players.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | March 18, 2009 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Why can't people admit Campbell isn't working out as an NFL QB? He's too inaccurate and cautious to ever be a great QB.

ADMIT IT!!!

Bring on Cutler and speed up the development of The Colt.

Posted by: clandestinetomcat | March 18, 2009 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Since when did you trust anything Vinny said? I'd be shocked if he hadn't called Denver and it's obvious that the Skins aren't staking their future to Campbell or they would have tried to sign him to an extension.....if Zorn goes after this year, Campbell will follow. Everything I hear about Cutler is that he's a cancer, not a leader, and only worried about stats.

Posted by: wizfan89 | March 18, 2009 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Not signing JC had more to do with the CAP and their many needs on the offensive line. These problems were evident long before Cutler became available. One has nothing to do with the other. On the other hand, we want Snyder and Vinnie to continue their herky-jerky team building and not stay on point and address the team needs that we all somewhat agree to. Fellow 'Skin's fans we have to stay on point as well. We did not want TO because of his penchant for destroying teams - even though he would have addressed one of our many needs. We now want Mutt and Jeff to pursue Cutler? At any and all costs? To the detriment of signing any of our draft picks and any other available players that fill our needs? Snyder's and Vinnie's past actions have gotten us all crazy!!

Posted by: SPUD2 | March 18, 2009 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Cutler would have a much much bigger impact on our team than Haynesworth..and be around much longer too.

Oh well, this is what we get when we leave things to Rich Danny Boy and His Cousin Vinny.

Posted by: BrokenClipboard | March 18, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Jason Campbell. This guy is a bust. How long do we need to witness his bumbling antics to pull the plug?

Quarterback play is the most important part of the team. Without a good QB you have an average (at best) team.

Example: Saints, Giants, Chargers, Colts, Ravens, Falcons, Chargers, Panthers and Patriots all would be equal to the Redskins if they had an average QB.
Out of this group- 7 Playoff teams in the 2008 season & an 11-5 team) The Pats

Vikings, Redskins, Cowboys, Packers, Jaguars and Bucs would all be playoff caliber teams with a good QB.
(No playoff teams 2008 season)

Get rid of this backup-at-best, overpaid, non-performing 1st round bust.

Posted by: JayKnows | March 18, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

I think that Jason Campbell has the potential to be even better than Jay Cutler and his consistent development over the years backs that up. That said, Cutler is already at a pro-bowl level. He would be a quick fix that would be good for the next ten years. If you think about it, he is the best of the really young quarterbacks in the NFL (25 years old). Roethlisberger is clearly the best young quarterback but in Cutler's age bracket he is definitely superior to Rodgers, Ryan, Flacco, etc. Also, an opportunity to get a quarterback of this caliber does not come around but once a decade or so. John Clayton of ESPN said that he can't remember a situation like this. Good quarterbacks are hard to find, Jason Campbell is probably one of the 15 best qb's in the League and it's still hard to have confidence in him.

Posted by: eternale5150 | March 18, 2009 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: stratman1

This has been the standard reponse to the cutler-Campbell debate. I just don't think there is any comparison to the two organizations which transfers to the product on the field. An organization that has had only 3 coaches over the last 13 years compared to 5 coaches the last 8-9 years. Then comparing the likes of a QB that is below .500 in wins (which is the only stat I care about) to JC is ridiculous. Give JC a freaking chance w/ a hint of consistency or the same thing would happen to Cutler and any other QB coming to Washington.

Posted by: overzealous08 | March 18, 2009 3:57 PM | Report abuse

If Saints are serious about championship , they should try to snag Rolle...

Posted by: frak | March 18, 2009 4:27 PM | Report abuse

You can GET Cutler for Campbell and a draft pick(s)........and still keep the #1.....

Billy the Kid would never see how fast my trigger finger would move to pull that "trade trigger...."

READ MY LIPS......Unless you are still DELUDED with Kool Ade.....Campbell will NEVER QB ANY NFL team to the playoffs.....

Posted by: unc1dmo | March 18, 2009 5:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: unc1dmo

Either will Cutler, so why bother.

Posted by: COskins | March 18, 2009 6:43 PM | Report abuse

All of this what if scenario is destructive to Jason's confidence. It is mind boggling why they would even leak any of this to the press if it were not any truth to it. Something went down or an attempt was made and it failed. This stuff did not appear out of thin air it is too detailed. Something happened!!! Stay tuned!!!

Posted by: 70chiponwhite | March 18, 2009 7:07 PM | Report abuse

I think the Campbell to the Denver, Cooley to Cleveland with Quinn going to Denver and a couple picks the scenario that is most likely.
Look at the new coaches in Cleveland and Denver.
Mangini covets players like Cooley, Haley is deep ball throwing offensive mind.
Cerrato is trying to sit on the story to keep his hand HOT!
This deal is done.

Posted by: alocowboy | March 19, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Synder just paid $150 million on his defense this year, and three 2nd round draft choices last year to begin winning.
All that in Campbell's hands? I dont think so bros.
Look for our first round pick to involved somehow too.

Posted by: alocowboy | March 19, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

DAN SNYDER READ MY LIPS - DO NOT - I REPEAT - DO NOT TRADE CHRIS COOLEY. JUST DON'T DO IT...

Posted by: ar652 | March 19, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Well, it look like the Pro-day at UC is over (I've been watching it while "studying".) I'm biased for sure, but I'd love to see the 'skins find I way to take Connor Barwin in the second round. I assume most fans agree OT has to be our 13th overall pick, so I'll assume DE/OLB will still be a need during our non-existent second round.

Posted by: bairta | March 19, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

OK people, here's the deal. Snyder is a proven loser and a proven moron -- but we're stuck with him.

Campbell get us to the RED zone, but not the END zone.

Colt is our future.

We need to get him on the field -- he WILL score points.

I know about the bowl game. Calm down.

I know it was PRE SEASON - but how bout the fact that HE MOVES the ball.

Cerato is not even worth the ink. Snyder runs the boat, but doesn't have a clue at sea.

Result: DS please sell the skins...

In order to win the SB, a team needs a dynamic QB.

4 letters... COLT.