Coach Joe - Doing Just Fine

Coach Joe Gibbs is healthy, well and dissecting game film into the late hours Tuesday night, oblivious to the rampant speculation amid radio and internet reports stating the Hall of Famer had been injured in a car crash. Gibbs, who, like the rest of his staff works into the morning more nights at Redskins Park, sometimes sleeping at the facility, was not involved in any such incident, according to Chris Helein, the team's vice president for public relations.

Calls inquiring about Gibbs's condition poured into the team this evening as the rumors made the rounds, and Helein eventually confirmed that Gibbs was indeed working as usual. The Redskins are expected to put out a statement refuting the reports of the accident shortly, while I intend to get back to finishing this Game Day thing we do for Sunday's paper, and watching the final episode of The Wire, which was so rudely interrupted by this internet/talk radio madness.

By Jason La Canfora  |  December 12, 2006; 11:45 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jansen's Health
Next: We've Got (Reggie) Bush. We've Got (Reggie) Bush.

Comments

jason, it wann us! probly wishful thinking on some sicko's part.

Posted by: dealer | December 13, 2006 12:00 AM | Report abuse

File this in the WTF folder. I guess "Andyman" in the last thread wasn't joking. This sucks...

MIAMI DOLPHINS-- Placed QB Daunte Culpepper on injured reserve. Signed LB Robert McCune off Washington's practice squad. Waived LB Keith Newman.

Posted by: Joe in Raleigh | December 13, 2006 12:11 AM | Report abuse

Andyman is rarely wrong. A very shred fellow, as we like to call 'em on the JLC blog. ;^)

Check ExtremeSkins.com for more Andyman, if it is the same guy.

Posted by: worstSeat | December 13, 2006 12:21 AM | Report abuse

Montana Skins Fan probably started the rumor....

Posted by: Lisa | December 13, 2006 12:24 AM | Report abuse

From the last thread:
>>> "But there is a classic screengrab of Jason's blog too. This thing is getting huge."

I guess that means I should dress up when I blog now. Mr. Demille, I'm ready for my closeup.

I hope someone YouTube's the interview.

You know you can't believe everything you hear or read on the Internets. Except the stuff about Lindsay Lohan. That's all very true.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 12:32 AM | Report abuse

Maybe Joe Gibbs was just mistaken for somebody. Is Woody Hayes okay?

Posted by: SMACK | December 13, 2006 12:34 AM | Report abuse

Maybe it was Andy Gibb?

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 12:38 AM | Report abuse

I'd have thought they must have taken away Mr. Magoo's license by now.

Posted by: SMACK | December 13, 2006 12:41 AM | Report abuse

BELIEVE IT. WHAT I SAY GOES. IF I DIDN'T SAY IT, IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. I AM THE COLLECTIVE VOICE. THERE IS NO OTHER VOICE. end transmission.

Posted by: BIG MEDIA | December 13, 2006 12:42 AM | Report abuse

Hmmmm. Now that Big Media has posted here, are we going to get an oil slick from Big Oil? Maybe we should go drill in far off and deserted territory. Like the Washington Times.

After reading the Wikipedia entry on Andy Gibb, I've decided that my singular New Year's Resolution will be to get myself a Wikipedia entry.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 12:46 AM | Report abuse

How deep is your love for Coach Joe.

Posted by: SMACK | December 13, 2006 12:51 AM | Report abuse

Definitely looking forward to burning about half my work day tomorrow on youtube getting the scoop from our boys down in NOLA. C'mon, people, get this stuff posted!

Actually, that reminds me, does anyone have a roster aside from Scott and jm220? How many folks are down there? Doggone it, wish I could be there with them.

Maybe this could become an annual event, a 'bloutreach' trip once a season. (Though one hopes no other community suffers anything like Katrina.) But there is always good work to be done, and using a Skins road game as an excuse to do it sounds pretty darn cool.

Now that I'm paying attention to the blog I won't have the excuse that I heard too late to plan for it.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | December 13, 2006 12:53 AM | Report abuse

If there's a road game to Seattle, I would welcome a road trip from 'Skins fans to help cure this city of its dreary blight. I might even feel compelled to buy booze.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 13, 2006 1:15 AM | Report abuse

Diddy, I can see you playing the role of magnanimous host to the hilt. Sadly, I don't think the Skins are playing the Shehawks next season. I think the farthest west the Skins will play next season is the Twin Cities.

For '08, though, I see Seattle and San Francisco both listed as road games. Start stocking the liquor cabinet now...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | December 13, 2006 1:39 AM | Report abuse

Dude, I'm not sure I've ever been so depressed by a season finale before. I find it very interesting that the kids pretty much reversed from the beginning of the season to the end, kids with hope are now heading downward, kids who started down are heading up (really only Neamon). Made me want to cry.

Uh, go Skins!

Posted by: Matt | December 13, 2006 2:03 AM | Report abuse

Was looking at the Campbell INTs. 1 was a bad pass. The INT on the slant to Cooley is a different story. The slant is about quickness. The receiver gets inside the DB quickly and the pass is there before a zone can react. The receiver should be quick and lined up not very far from the QB. ie slot. On that play everything was wrong! Cooley was flanked very wide to the left near the sideline. The ball was on the right hash! The quick DB is covering tight which should be expected since Cooley isn't going to run by him. And the throw is to the left which means the QB has to turn his body which is a takes a little longer compared to a slant to the right. The design of that slant sucked. That is 100% on the coaches.

Posted by: AL | December 13, 2006 2:34 AM | Report abuse

If 4-9 with the worst defense in the NFL isn't a wreck, then what the heck is???

Posted by: Montana'Skins Fan | December 13, 2006 8:32 AM | Report abuse

Jason, any chance that you will host a Wire blog once these next three games are behind us? Great season finale, but I can't believe that we need to wait until 2008 for new episodes.

My Xmas wishes for The Wire characters:
* McNulty kicks ass with Major Crimes while staying clean and sober for Beady
* Bubs gets clean and becomes a valuable CI again
* Herc gets tossed for being just about the dumbest SOB cop on TV
* Prez finds a way to keep Dukie off the corner
* Carver is able to help Randy before he gets killed in that group home
* Omar comes back as the #1 bad ass in Balmer

Posted by: Lester Burnham | December 13, 2006 9:25 AM | Report abuse

My wish for "The Wire" - that they bring back Stringer Bell...impossible I know since he is dead but I loved that guy....

Posted by: Lisa | December 13, 2006 10:30 AM | Report abuse

i've heard the next wire series is going to focus on the media.. (sh!t, is it really not coming back till 2008!?!? damn)

that season finale was great. you had hope, sadness, frustration, anger, everything rolled into one. i agree with what matt said about how the kids kind of did a role reversal by the end of the season. i think randy though is in the worst position, cuz he's not going to be able to escape is situation at all. even if carver could take him in, it wouldn't help.
(i'd write more, but i gotta get back to work and most likely i'd start rambling for paragraphs upon paragraphs... ;-p )

Posted by: hmmmmm | December 13, 2006 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Lestor, that was an amazing finale.
That show is unbelievable. Are you serious about no new episodes unti,l 2008?
I thought they ordered up 16 of them and the second set would air in the spring.
Damn, that's a long wait.
Lester, I hope you're right about Randy, noentheless. I love the gritty realism of that show, but seeing poor Randy getting worked at the end of that episode made me physically sick.

Posted by: Jason La Canfora | December 13, 2006 12:05 PM | Report abuse

The kids are parallels to the adult characters. Michael, Dukie, Kenard and Randy are junior versions of Avon, Stringer, Weebay and Stinkem. They show how little boys in their situations become killers and dealers. Namond, given his new life, shows how kids from the same neighborhoods become the Bunks, Danielses, and Colvins of the world.

Cheese and Randy share the same last name. Anyone think this detail will be significant in the final season?

Posted by: Learned Hand | December 13, 2006 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Hello, nice site look this:
http://sex-italy.org/index.html >sesso Ilva [url=http://sex-italy.org/index.html]sesso Ilva[/url]

End ^) See you

Posted by: Augustus | December 30, 2006 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Hello, nice site look this:
http://sesso-gratis.sex-italy.org/sesso-gratis.html >sesso gratis Remo [url=http://sesso-gratis.sex-italy.org/sesso-gratis.html]sesso gratis Remo[/url]

End ^) See you