Cooley joins Ochocinco's OCNN news team at Super Bowl

When we last caught up with Chris Cooley, he was enjoying some temp work at a D.C. FedEx store.

With the season over and his injury healed, he's still enjoying some non-football sidework. Cooley is in South Florida this week, working as a special news correspondent for the Ochocinco News Network. Hmm, so he's like the Anderson Cooper of football or something?

Chad Ochocinco (@OGOchoCinco) started his news network last fall, and during the season, it was just a one-man show. But the Super Bowl is apparently too big an event, so he's enlisted the help of Cooley (@thecooleyzone), Ray Rice (@RayRice27) and Darnell Dockett (@ddockett) this week. The four players will Tweet, provide updates for the OCNN Facebook page and shoot video updates for the OCNN site
-- www.motorola.com/ocnn. All four will likely post Super Bowl-related entries to their personal blogs, as well.

OCNN has a spot reserved along Radio Row at the Super Bowl Media Center and will be out in force during Media Day on Tuesday, interviewing Super Bowl participants. All four players were at the Media Center on Monday afternoon, shooting promos for the fledging
"news network."

We'll have more on this important story as it develops this week, but here's an Ochocinco quote from a news release: "Believe it or not, even I have limitations," said Ochocinco. "There is just too much going on around Super Bowl for one man to cover. So I have hand-picked some rising social networking stars who can give the OCNN Nation their perspectives on the game, the parties and players in Miami the way
only an athlete can."

By Rick Maese  |  February 1, 2010; 4:23 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Orakpo's first Pro Bowl is a quiet one
Next: In former Redskins QBs, Saints find backups to Brees

Comments

Boy, just was the world has been needing: OCNN. I feel better already.

Posted by: League-Source | February 1, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if they are still hiring.

Posted by: walkdwalk | February 1, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

red

"Cindy Boren (after La Canfora left) - No comment"

What if she changed her name to Syndee Boring, had collegen injections in her lips, got a hair weave, booty pads, long fake azzed nails, and learned to do the Electric Slide without spilling her apple martini?

Syndee "Hoochie Mama" Boring?

I might sign up to hit that and even let La Canfora leak a story about it in NFL.COM

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 1, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

"Ochocinco (@OGOchoCinco) started his news network last fall, and during the season, it was just a one-man show."

Actually, the one-man show was the one D Revis put in Chad Johnson in the jets v. bengals play off game.

I wonder of #85 will discuss that.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 1, 2010 4:46 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if they are still hiring.

Posted by: walkdwalk | February 1, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Only pro-bowlers with popular twitter pages need apply.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | February 1, 2010 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Moe, I'd be afraid that she fall apart like humpty-dumpty when I ass smack her.

Booty pads are really so not cool. It's worse than a woman stuffing her bra.

Posted by: RedDMV | February 1, 2010 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 1, 2010 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Still think Iupati(sp?) is a better pick at 4 than okung?

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | February 1, 2010 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Another conservtive mouthpiece, no doubt.

Posted by: Original_etrod | February 1, 2010 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Still think Iupati(sp?) is a better pick at 4 than okung?

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | February 1, 2010 4:51 PM

I don't know about that ... but I was thinking that Iupati had a great name (pronounced eye-you-PAH-dee) ... until I heard McShay pronounce Okung's name this weekend ... oh-KOONG.

Posted by: dcsween | February 1, 2010 5:02 PM | Report abuse

Great, two players that play for teams in Maryland and one player that is from Maryland.

Posted by: ATLredskin | February 1, 2010 5:03 PM | Report abuse

"Another conservtive mouthpiece,..."

This sounds like what Rush Limbaugh would want in a hooker.

All neck action without help from the welfare state.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 1, 2010 5:06 PM | Report abuse

Nothing like a network headed by Ochocinco. Its tough enough to root for the guy, just imagine trying to get paid by him.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | February 1, 2010 5:09 PM | Report abuse

"User reviews and comments that include profanity or personal attacks or other inappropriate comments or material will be removed from the site. "

Liar liar pants on fire.

Posted by: TheCork | February 1, 2010 5:10 PM | Report abuse

"Still think Iupati(sp?) is a better pick at 4 than okung?"

The wish list:

1 Okung/Iupati

2 LeFevour

4 Tate/Blount/Angerer

5 Ford

7 beantowngreg (somebody's gotta beat out ARE, why not him?)

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 1, 2010 5:10 PM | Report abuse

7 beantowngreg (somebody's gotta beat out ARE, why not him?)

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 1, 2010 5:10 PM | Report abuse

He's already going to be replacing Betts.

Not sure if he can replace ARE too

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | February 1, 2010 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Okay, now they can trade Cooley and I won't care.

When he crawled into the self-promoting cesspool that is Ochocinco, I stopped caring, not that anyone else cares.

Sorry to see RU alum Ray Rice has joined up, too.

Posted by: TheCork | February 1, 2010 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | February 1, 2010 5:24 PM | Report abuse

Goodell fully expects it to be an uncapped year,Doesnt that mean we can unload players who have worn out they're welcome?Can any owner afford to do that in this economic climate?

Posted by: mark65 | February 1, 2010 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Martz is the new OC in Chicago.

Good thing or bad thing? Discuss.

Posted by: edvar | February 1, 2010 6:26 PM | Report abuse

It's probably just as well. So long as JC17 continues to QB the Redskins, this is about as close as CC47 is ever going to get to a Superbowl.

Posted by: Vic1 | February 1, 2010 6:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mark65

I suspect 2010 is the year that Danny keeps a bunch of contracts instead of eating them. I doubt he can afford to eat thta much $$. Portis first and foremost. I don't think he can afford to throw away $7million. With the number of players that are nearing the end of contracts/careers, I think 2011 is when there will be flexibility.

A side note, since NFL players get the bulk of their money upfront or in guarantees, I'm curious about how many guys won't mind a lockout since they might have a big contract and most of the money from it already in the bank. Its common to find a $30million guy with a $1million paycheck for the year since so much of the money is upfront money. I'm guessing all the up front $$ issues will be a big part of how the contract talks go forward.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | February 1, 2010 6:44 PM | Report abuse

Syndee "Hoochie Mama" Boring?

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 1, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

There's no doubt in my mind that Cindy has been able to do the Electric Slide without spilling her apple martini for quite some time. It's a skill she keeps well honed.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | February 1, 2010 6:55 PM | Report abuse

"Former top pick an unexpected free agent?"

Charlize Theron is the most beautiful woman in the world.

How does a guy mess that up?

How do you not 'handle yo' bidnizz' and make sure this woman is aware that you are her man?

Put her ex-boyfriend--Stuart Townsend--in the same column as David Justice and Eric Benet--the two clueless horny dudes who ruined Halle Berry with cheating.

How do you cheat on Halle Berry?

Justice was accused of trying to pay a street hoe $20.00 for god knows what.

Mr. Benet said he had to dip out on Berry becuase for him sex was like crack.

That I don't get.

How do you have a 'sex addiction,' but don't put Ms. Monster's Ball to work morning, noon, and night?

Some guys have all the luck.

And the ones who do screw things up for the rest of us who don't.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 1, 2010 7:03 PM | Report abuse

Vic1,

Given the progress shown by Fred Davis, CC47 now looks to be average to good trade bait. Where's Allen on that? JC17 will do just fine behind a reasonable offensive line. Everyone is so all-fired hyped up about Favre but in he end his eventual downfall is his penchant for interceptions. JC and Colt are far and away better than most imagine. Get a defensive secondary and offensive line and the record will likely improve dramatically with any reasonable coaching skill andorganization.

Posted by: periculum | February 1, 2010 7:05 PM | Report abuse

And the ones who do screw things up for the rest of us who don't. Posted by: MistaMoe | February 1, 2010

Ah wise PUA say Moe, don't be an AFC. No not American Football Conference, Average Frustrated Chump. The question Mr. Moe needs to ask is why Halle Berry and Charlize Theron would be interested in such men? Instead of men like Mr. Moe? Its all FMAC, find, meet, attract and close. Theoretically you too could actually learn to attract and F-close a Halle Berry.

Posted by: periculum | February 1, 2010 7:12 PM | Report abuse

I... I don't get it. Nothing new there.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | February 1, 2010 7:23 PM | Report abuse

... I don't get it. Nothing new there.
Posted by: NateinthePDX | February 1, 2010

Clearly we have a case in point of another AFC who can't get laid.

Posted by: periculum | February 1, 2010 7:28 PM | Report abuse

Theoretically I could exist in an alternate universe.

Posted by: FloridaCapsFan | February 1, 2010 7:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: periculum | February 1, 2010 7:39 PM | Report abuse

Nate,
Peri calling you out. Imagine that.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | February 1, 2010 7:40 PM | Report abuse

Can Charlize and Periculum form a connection?

Her: Oscar winning actress, a perfect 10 and big bank account

Him: Redskin Insider commenter who gets in fights with MistaMoe

what are the odds?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | February 1, 2010 7:43 PM | Report abuse

Him: Redskin Insider commenter who gets in fights with MistaMoe

Pretty good z, however, keep in mind that the men Mr. Moe described were bonafide, flaming a-holios and jerks to those women. Ding, ding, ding, ding ... ~smiles~

Posted by: periculum | February 1, 2010 7:47 PM | Report abuse

ttp://www.seduction-chronicles.net/rules-of-the-game-neil-strauss/

Posted by: periculum | February 1, 2010 7:51 PM | Report abuse

BTW, I am not affiliated, nor do I receive any renumeration from those websites and PUA types ... however I must admit that I find their Field Reports more than mildly entertaining ... couldn't help but think of them after reading mistamoe's post. :)

Posted by: periculum | February 1, 2010 7:57 PM | Report abuse

Charlize Theron is the most beautiful woman in the world.

Posted by: Mista Moe

Sorry Moe. Ms. Theron accidentally wandered into the media hospitality suite sans makeup some years back. Not impressive. Saw it with my own two eyes.

Posted by: TheCork | February 1, 2010 8:07 PM | Report abuse

Theoretically I could exist in an alternate universe.

Posted by: FloridaCapsFan | February 1, 2010 7:30 PM

FYI, I killed Shrodinger's cat

Posted by: TheCork | February 1, 2010 8:09 PM | Report abuse

http://www.thewarpath.net/WarpathRedskinsCap.htm good site with cap hit numbers

Posted by: hcic55 | February 1, 2010 8:16 PM | Report abuse

Me: Charlize Theron is really pretty
GF: Yes she is, would you want to go out with her?
Me (recognizing trap question): I'm not sure you'd be OK with it.
GF: If you want to date her, that is fine with me (followed by her laughing hysterically)

Posted by: zcezcest1 | February 1, 2010 8:18 PM | Report abuse

so do the skins pay CP 10 mil to play knowing he's going to get cut eventually or pay him 8 mil to go away? never had a prob with CP but this is the only chance the skins have to get rid of high contracts with no repercussions except to danny's bank account

Posted by: hcic55 | February 1, 2010 8:37 PM | Report abuse

The NFL says they own the rights to 'who dat'. The NFL needs to F itself.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | February 1, 2010 8:39 PM | Report abuse

"Him: Redskin Insider commenter who gets in fights with MistaMoe"

Fights with periculum?

I Beg to differ: the dude was the only guy who'd comment on what I was posting back when I joined this thing two years ago.

In fact, I consider periculum, talent_evaluator, beantowngreg, La Canfora, and flounder21 my mentors as they all paid attention to my posts and labeled me an arrogant, unfunny dumb azz well before anyone else.

They were ahead of the curve.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 1, 2010 8:40 PM | Report abuse

periculum

"...am not affiliated, nor do I receive any renumeration from those websites and PUA types ..."

I don't understand this.

What's a PUA?

Are you suggesting that I'm being paid to mangle the English language by posting in this space?

You think I do this for money?????

HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!...hell.

Bro', like me, you're nuts: I post as I'm always on the computer.

I don't watch tv unless there's a game on, and I read a book a week.

This wonderful Hewlett-Packard flatscreen that sits before me sees more of me than mrsmoe, and she's all right wid dat.

I avoid my family as once they take my paycheck, they suddenly stop being nice to me.

I'm like Homer Simpson with a master's degree in English, can't you tell?

I don't get paid to blog, maybe others do.

I'm not a PUA: whateva that is.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 1, 2010 8:50 PM | Report abuse

Jay Novacek's wife was a self inflicted gun shot? I had no idea. God, that's horrible.

Posted by: will_ga | February 1, 2010 8:55 PM | Report abuse

hcic, just looking at the release numbers, I think Danny might want to part with Portis now.

Release him now and its $8.4 million

If he plays 2010 and gets released in 2011, it'll cost Danny $7.2 + 5.4 million, or $12.6mil. If he lets him go now, it costs $8.4 million. So the question which seems obvious -- is CP worth $4.2 million for 2010?

If Portis plays for 2 more years and then gets released, its 7.2 + 8.2 + 3.4 = $18.8million

To summarize
get rid of CP before 2010: $ 8.4
get rid of CP before 2011: $12.6
get rid of CP before 2012: $18.8

If he plays 2010 and 2011, it'll cost
Yr Rls$ Paycheck
'10 8.4 7.2
'11 5.4 8.2
'12 3.4 8.5
'13 8.5

Bottom line, I don't think Portis is worth roughly $5millon/yr at this point. He might have another year or two, but I suspect Danny will want out from under this contract that he was stupid enough to give Portis.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | February 1, 2010 9:02 PM | Report abuse

PUA= Pick Up Artist.

MistaMoe, yes its true I am a bit south of nuts.

Point is you could trained to be a PUA if you wanted to ... even without the big bucks ponies out by star athletes ... they are the idiots in the end as they have so much more to lose ... Divorce is at least 41 Billion dollars of our economy ... with more than 3.1 Billion a year for alimony payments alone.

Posted by: periculum | February 1, 2010 9:10 PM | Report abuse

z,

if they cut Portis it could mean doing without talent at a key position. That 8.4 million will count for a lot. Not sure Danny is the patient type?

Posted by: periculum | February 1, 2010 9:11 PM | Report abuse

LeAnne Novacek, the wife of former Dallas Cowboys star Jay Novacek, was found dead Monday morning, according to a spokesperson with the Tarrant County medical examiner's office. She was 45.

According to Burleson, Texas police department spokesperson Sally Ellerston, police and fire departments responded to a "report of a medical emergency, possibly suicide" at 8:37 a.m. LeAnne Novacek's body was found in the bedroom of the residence, according to the report.

There have been unconfirmed reports that the residence was her mother's home.

Ellerston told ESPNDallas.com that police on the scene called the Tarrant County coroner's office, detectives and a victim's assistance coordinator. An autopsy will be performed on Tuesday and the police investigation is ongoing.

According to a Fort Worth Star-Telegram report, a police spokesman said the death appeared to be the result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Jay Novacek played six seasons with the Cowboys in the 1990s and ranks ninth in team history with 3,576 career receiving yards. He recorded five Pro Bowl berths in his career and was part of three Super Bowl-winning teams.

Posted by: noonefromtampa | February 1, 2010 9:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 1, 2010 8:40 PM

That's why they sent me up here to call the plays for talent_evaluator. Anyone who can't recognize you for what you are, is just an embarrassment to our franchise. Sorry about that. It won't happen again. Final word: You're moderately funny on your good days.

Posted by: League-Source | February 1, 2010 9:19 PM | Report abuse

"Point is you could trained to be a PUA if you wanted to..."

I've done the PUA thing--15 years ago.

It almost wrecked my very good marriage.

So no, I'm not interested in any other woman than the one I got.

I'll be fifty in 4 years, and for now, all I want to pick up is a good quarterly statement from my 401k.

And I got a nice one today.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 1, 2010 9:23 PM | Report abuse

Congrats good buddy. Yee-Haw.

Posted by: glawrence007 | February 1, 2010 9:56 PM | Report abuse

MistaMoe, yes its true I am a bit south of nuts.

Posted by: periculum | February 1, 2010 9:10 PM

South of nuts? So, you're a thigh? A knee? A torn MCL?

Posted by: League-Source | February 1, 2010 10:12 PM | Report abuse

Theoretically I could exist in an alternate universe.

Posted by: FloridaCapsFan | February 1, 2010 7:30 PM

FYI, I killed Shrodinger's cat

Posted by: TheCork | February 1, 2010 8:09 PM
-----------------------------------------
This is what happens when physicists use drugs...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | February 1, 2010 10:13 PM | Report abuse

And I got a nice one today.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 1, 2010 9:23 PM
==========================================
AARP & colonoscopy are in your near future MistaMoe

life don't get no betta

Posted by: noonefromtampa | February 1, 2010 10:24 PM | Report abuse

FYI, I killed Shrodinger's cat
Posted by: TheCork

I think I hear the box meowing.

Posted by: daggar | February 1, 2010 10:42 PM | Report abuse

7 beantowngreg (somebody's gotta beat out ARE, why not him?)

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 1, 2010 5:10 PM | Report abuse

He's already going to be replacing Betts.

Not sure if he can replace ARE too

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | February 1, 2010 5:13 PM | Report abuse
Just depends on what formation they are using.

Posted by: frediefritz | February 1, 2010 10:50 PM | Report abuse

MistaMoe, yes its true I am a bit south of nuts.

Posted by: periculum | February 1, 2010 9:10 PM

South of nuts? So, you're a thigh? A knee? A torn MCL?

Posted by: League-Source | February 1, 2010 10:12 PM |

No, he's perineum.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | February 1, 2010 11:56 PM | Report abuse

For those of you still pining for Peppers or any other high-priced FA, looks like it's at a pretty high risk...from PFT:

Post-salary cap, teams will proceed at their own peril
Posted by Mike Florio on February 1, 2010 11:00 PM ET
We've received several questions over the past few weeks regarding the operation of player contracts after the evaporation of the salary cap.

And the answer to all questions is simple -- once the cap goes away, any further rules relating to the operation of the salary cap will hinge upon the collective bargaining process.

As NFL spokesman Greg Aiello explains it, there will be no "transition rules" unless and until the league and the NFLPA agree to such measures via collective bargaining. Thus, any team that decides to sign players to big-money deals will be assuming that risk that, eventually, they'll have to scramble for cap space, if/when a cap is reapplied.

This reality could cause some teams to be even more cautious when it comes to spending money in 2010.

Meanwhile, existing contracts can be dumped by trading or cutting players with no cap consequences in 2010. Presumably, there would be no lingering ramifications in future years covered by the deals, subject again to the collective bargaining process.

So, basically, the removal of the salary cap will plunge the entire player payroll system into uncertainty, and there will be no clear answers until the league and the union reach an accord regarding the next compensation scheme.

Posted by: brownwood26 | February 2, 2010 5:30 AM | Report abuse

So hopefully the team will take that into consideration moving forward and we focus on DUMPING big salary instead of acquiring more.

Posted by: brownwood26 | February 2, 2010 5:33 AM | Report abuse

It's interesting or even strange that the 3 he chose are CC, DD, and RR.

Posted by: fan3 | February 2, 2010 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Well, I'd still trust news I heard on the OchoCinco News Network over anything spewing out of Fox "News"

Posted by: jgarrisn | February 2, 2010 12:08 PM | Report abuse