Cooley says he's 'probably done' for season

Injured tight end Chris Cooley said this morning during his weekly radio appearance that he could likely be the latest Redskin player to join the injured-reserve list.

"I'm probably done," Cooley said on "Elliott in the Morning" on DC101. "If all went well, and it was an amazing 10-day recovery starting now, I can probably play the last three games. But I don't really see any benefit in me playing the last three games ... but I'd do it. If they wanted me to, and they kept a spot for me and I was fine, I'd do it."

Zorn, on his weekly radio show on ESPN 980, said that Cooley is "still some question mark." He hadn't yet decided whether to put the tight end on injured reserve and called it a "50-50 situation." Zorn said he's weighing his options and would like to have Cooley for the final four games.

"If it's just the final two games, I may back off that," Zorn said.

Cooley has worn a protective boot since having surgery to repair a broken right ankle Oct. 28. Cooley had another consultation with his doctor Monday and learned that he'd need to wear the boot for at least 10 more days.

"If there's any risk, that's what's going to happen," Cooley said on the show Monday, before the consultation. "But if there's no risk and the bone's healed and I can get back in a couple of weeks -- work hard for a couple of weeks - and I feel fine, that's great for me. I love to play. Mentally I'm there. I need a couple of weeks on my feet obviously."

Seven Redskins players -- including three this week -- have been placed on injured reserve. On Monday, the team put down running back Ladell Betts (knee), guard Chad Rinehart (fibula) and fullback Eddie Williams (fibula) for the season.

"I honestly can't believe the number of injuries we've had on this team," said Cooley, who was hurt in the first half of the Redskins' 27-17 loss to the Eagles on Oct. 26.

In the Zone
Today's Redskins Tailgate Zonequestion: With all the injuries, do Jim Zorn or Vinny Cerrato get a pass for this season?

By Rick Maese  |  November 24, 2009; 11:31 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: What will happen in Philly this week?
Next: Zorn reveals that he called 8 plays Sunday

Comments

first! F Dallas!

Posted by: horrible1 | November 24, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

With all the injuries, do Jim Zorn or Vinny Cerrato get a pass for this season?

no, no and frig no, jz hasn't had a clue since game #9 of last year....incompetence, regardless of the injuries is no excuse...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 24, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

CC,

Just shut it down and get it healed right for next season. This season is a lost cause, so there isn't any reason to be pushing to get back out there and increase the risk of further injury.

I suppose the good news is that FD has shown positive signs through all of this.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | November 24, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Where's the beef?

R1 Russell Okung
R2 Trent Williams
R4 John Jerry
R5 Legarret Blount
R7 Lemarcus Coker

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 24, 2009 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 24, 2009 12:43 PM | Report abuse

got beeped...

The discussion up here the last year and a half is that the teams problems stem from the OL and the lack of talent there. And I am sure there is some validity to that.

But from what I have seen of Zorn's play book, play calling, game planning and coaching (read the regression that JC seems to be going through) I would propose that Zorn's blocking scheme has as much to do with the OL problems as much as anything. Even when Samuels and Thomas were playing, the OL did not look any better than it did on Sunday.

Until Zorn is fired and a NFL quality coach is hired I find it hard to state what any player on this team has or does not have.

It has taken injuries to several positions to show that most of our young players actually can play. DT returning KOs is the latest example.

I would say fire Vinny and Zorn before any decisions are made on who to cut.

But F them both first.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 24, 2009 12:39 PM |

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 24, 2009 12:43 PM | Report abuse

No, no excuses - not that it matters. Zorn has been a dead man walking for several weeks now.

Let's just hope the first thing that happens is VC is gone and Snyder hires someone qualified to run the football end of this operation.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | November 24, 2009 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Where's the beef?

R1 Russell Okung
R2 Trent Williams
R4 John Jerry
R5 Legarret Blount
R7 Lemarcus Coker

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 24, 2009 12:35 PM

Where's the speed?

Posted by: TWISI | November 24, 2009 12:45 PM | Report abuse

had to put my dog down a few years back, but it was for more than the season.

these coaches never do anything right.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 24, 2009 12:45 PM | Report abuse

With all the injuries, do Jim Zorn or Vinny Cerrato get a pass for this season?

Obviously not. They KNEW Samuels would get injured at some point, they also knew Thomas was a big risk. That's the season right there, and they should have known that. The F'd up from the beginning.

Posted by: REXskins | November 24, 2009 12:48 PM | Report abuse

2010 OL

LT: Draft (Okung, Williams, etc. We all know the list)2nd Team: Levi Jones (although he sat out because he didn't want to be a back up)

LG: Dockery. 2nd Team: Edwin Williams, Montgomery

C: Rabach. 2nd Team: FA/Draft, Montgomery

RG: Draft(Render, Austin) 2nd Team: Rhino, Montgomery

RT: Levi Jones/FA/Draft 2nd Team: Heyer

2010 Draft with current draft position
1st LT
2nd OG/RT
4th OL/RB/MLB/FS
5th OL/RB/MLB/FS/OLB
6th OL/RB/MLB/FS/OLB
7th OL/RB/MLB/FS/OLB

Definitely not an exciting draft that "sells jerseys" but is clearly what this team needs.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 24, 2009 12:45 PM

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 24, 2009 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Bad teams post injuries not wins. Par for the course in the NFL.

Posted by: kmag1 | November 24, 2009 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Where's the speed?

Posted by: TWISI | November 24, 2009 12:45 PM | Report abu
-----------

Speed? Where we're going, we don't NEED speed.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | November 24, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Where's the speed?

Posted by: TWISI | November 24, 2009

Alridge. He's easy to sign just doesn't play on the special teams. OL as we have seen (and the Ravens have demonstrated to a team that should know) requires commitment over many drafts.

Stop the Snyderator horse-hockey and draft OL.

Posted by: periculum | November 24, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

So CC47 says he's probvably done. He should tell his coach who just said on 980 that he expects him back for the final 4 games.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 24, 2009 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Where's the speed?

Posted by: TWISI | November 24, 2009 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Santana Moss
Devin Thomas
Lemarcus Coker

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 24, 2009 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Line the first two rounds, trade down for more picks if the top tier guys are gone by our first pick (probably not).

I wouldn't have a problem with an "all-line" draft, considering the extremity of the situation. Their other needs just don't come close.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | November 24, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Funny thing is..........

All the coaches cared about in Preseason was that no one was injured. Maybe they should have been worked like a normal MFL team in the 1st place. Just Maybe.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 24, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Lemarcus Coker

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 24, 2009 12:55 PM

Who's he? I know I could look it up ...but. Also, I noticed Leon Washington is a FA...hmmm

Posted by: TWISI | November 24, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Funny thing is..........

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 24, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

It would not have mattered. Thomas and Samuels were going down this year anyway. Thomas was never fully healed and was barely able to play and Samuels stenosis has been a ticking time bomb for the last 3 years. Portis and Betts are both over 30. This wasn't bad luck or lack of preperation it was bad planning plain and simple. When you have older players you need to have capable backups and we failed to do that.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 24, 2009 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Dear Mr. Cooley:

If you read this blog, please accept this unsolicited piece of advice from a disgruntled Redskin fan.

Don't come back. Why risk further injury? The season is lost. There's nothing to play for in your situation except for further aggravation. Let this heal properly and come back 110%.

I may not know a lot about football, but I do know this. If I were in your protective boot, I'd stay away from the game, continue to cash Dan $nyder's fat checks, and stay at home at let that Helen of Troy wife you have there continue to sponge bath you and nurse you back to health.

Lord knows you've earned it through your grit, hustle and commitment during your Redskins' tenure.

Posted by: VeloStrummer | November 24, 2009 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | November 24, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Coker was the running back for Tennessee that failed like 3 drug tests. He's pretty fast but he is a character issue case like Blount. I think he got dumped by Tennessee and now has to play for the southern arkansas school for the blind.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 24, 2009 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Stop the Snyderator horse-hockey and draft OL.

Posted by: periculum | November 24, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

I'm not sold on him. Yeah he's fast, but he's got fumble and injury issues.

Posted by: TWISI | November 24, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

The solution to getting this FO to start drafting OL is those of you who buy jerseys (I do not own any jerseys) start buying only OL jerseys and stop buying star jerseys.

If it is in fact true that this FO drafts based on jersey sales, then there is your solution.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 24, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

so coker fails 3 drug tests, and people want him on the team?? I mean, along with drafting a safety with the first round pick, I can see the logic in this because he'll stop doing the drugs once he's got some money....and no thanks on Blount either....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 24, 2009 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 24, 2009 1:01 PM

Judging by your fascination with Blount and now Coker, you love guys with very questionable character.

I get it though...finding value in later rounds with players that would have a much higher grade if they didn't have a rap sheet.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 24, 2009 1:10 PM | Report abuse

i mean instead of drafting these guys, why not just keep the picks, and sign Ryan Leaf, and Maurice Clarett to deals??

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 24, 2009 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 24, 2009 1:01 PM

Thanks PAskinsfan17 but I wouldn't draft this guy, not even with the Mr. Irrelevant pick. Three strikes and you're out. You can get speed backs in this draft w/o all the headache this guy will bring. That's just my opinion. I think some said it best, the skins need to turn the picks they have now into 10 or 11 picks by being aggressive in rounds 3-5.

Posted by: TWISI | November 24, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

I think we should get a group of RIers together and show up at the draft. We could put on hogs uniforms and carry signs reading:

"Hey Danny, I'd buy an Okung Jersey!!"

"If he can't push the sled draft someone else instead"

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 24, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Another exhibit in the long list of exhibits displaying Zorn's complete stupidity for all the world to see.

RI nation knew he was likely done the morning after the injury, and also knew there was NO SANE REASON to bring him back to play meaningless games.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | November 24, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

If Cooley can come back without risking his future, he should. Even if it is just for 2 games. You always play every game to win.

As I pointed out in last week's ZEKE'S UNIQUE PERSPECTIVES, the 1 win Bengals started their roll last year in game 14. This year, they are 7-3, first in the AFC North, with, in effect, a 2 game lead, having beating the Steelers twice.

Its impossible to know when a team will turn things around, but you never turn things around unless you believe winning is important.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 24, 2009 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Blount, has issues but may be just what we need. The offense needs a little attitude. We need someone who will sucker punch Romo in his face! The whole offense is soft.....the whole team for that matter

Posted by: rupertpupkin | November 24, 2009 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Kaneohe, Zorn still feels his game planning and playcalling can turn this season around if the players would just execute.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 24, 2009 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 24, 2009 1:10 PM | Report abuse

I'd rather use our 3rd round pick on a running back without character issues but due to the gross mismanagement this team has seen over the years we don't have a 3rd round pick. We kind of have to take what we can get. BTW, I think Coker may actually have learned his lesson and may have come down to earth. Obviously, this is a boom or bust pick. If he sucks o well it's only a 7th rounder.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 24, 2009 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen, in a recent Tweet, is now saying that Marty Schottenheimer's name is under discussion by the Buffalo Bills.

We had word on the Schottenheimer speculation last week, with credit to AFC East blogger Tim Graham, who included him on his list of candidates. Schottenheimer was dumped by the Chargers after leading them to a 14-2 record in the 2007 season, and played for the Bills in the 1960's.

Last week we noted an interesting angle to the Schottenheimer hire: it would open the door for him to hire his son, Brian Schottenheimer, as offensive coordinator -- a reverse of what Lane Kiffin did at the University of Tennessee in hiring his pops as the defensive coordinator. Brian was considered a leading candidate to take over as head coach of the New York Jets following the ouster of Eric Mangini, but the team eventually hired Rex Ryan, which did not sit well with Schottenheimer at the time. With word that Ryan is going to spend more time with the Jets offense, perhaps Brian is being slowly pushed out the door. This father-son duo might be getting closer to reality.

Posted by: periculum | November 24, 2009 1:19 PM | Report abuse

We need someone who will sucker punch Romo in his face!

Yes...of course, that is EXACTLY what this team is missing....someone to punch an opposing team....wish JZ thought of this....friggin BRILLIANT!!!

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 24, 2009 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17

Please, the 3rd rd pick from this next draft was very well used on Jarmon. The coaches should be giving him more playing time, but that was a good use of a future draft pick because he has already contributed this year.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 24, 2009 1:22 PM | Report abuse

I think Fred Davis will become an all around better tight end then Cooley ever was. Cooley made the pro bowl but so what? The only thing that proves to me is the Redskins needed a representative. Cooley is a good possession receiver but Davis is a man who can get more yards after the catch. This team needs to get younger and faster on offense and it starts with Davis taken over at tight end.

Posted by: dandyhuffman | November 24, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

"PFT is reporting that the Washington Redskins are reportedly negotiating with Mike Tyson as a possible replacement for Clinton Portis"

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 24, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

If we are going to draft anyone to punch another player in the mouth, then I want OL men that are nasty and will punch the opposing D in the mouth.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 24, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Hey Mayor ... I wouldn't mind seeing an analysis of how much of Danny Snyder's money went to people that didn't play on Sunday.

That could include contracts that he's paid off (Jansen, Marcus) but are still on the books in some manner and injured guys (Albert, Cooley, Samuels, Thomas, Portis, etc).

Lots of paychecks Danny wrote this week were to guys who did nothing for him on Sunday ...

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 24, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone know why we cut Anthony Aldridge? And why we're not bringing him back now?

Posted by: jakfish | November 24, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1

Yeah, makes about as much sense as your homie, Moe constantly pimping CJ Spiller -- a small dude, that probably plays at the most expendable position in football -- as the Redskins first pick, because he's a "potential star". Whateva...

I'm sorry but if I had to choose between Spiller and Mays/Berry, I'm going Mays/Berry every time.

And about Blount, Blount stole on a bama that put his hands on him.

I know it doesn't matter what I think since I'm not in the war room on draft day, but I don't see how that's a character risk. He lost his temper, but so because you lose your temper, all the sudden you're a character risk.

It's not like he tried to hold up a corner store with a pellet gun, or some other crime. He stole a dude that was trying to act chest out and that laid hands on him...

I bet ol' boy from Boise State will think twice about doubling down on the s*** talk from now on, more less putting his hands on a dude, whether it be a little tap or a whatever, 'cause ya man got knocked the fuggg OUT! Left homeboy sleepy.

Posted by: RedDMV | November 24, 2009 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 24, 2009 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Yeah it was used well. I like Jarmon and was pushing for him. How about if I change that to the second rounder from last year?

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 24, 2009 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Zorn was asked on 980 if he would rather have the perfect play called or perfect execution.

His reply...Perfect execution

I'm looking forward to the perfect execution as well...just 6 to 7 weeks to go.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 24, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

red, I have and will continue to state that they need to draft OL exclusively with this draft....they used a third from next year on a DE, they have to, HAVE TO get their OL off the worst in the league list....drafting any other position, makes this just a repeat of the past 3 years......

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 24, 2009 1:30 PM | Report abuse

can't argue that one PA...

lol, diesel, nicely played.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 24, 2009 1:31 PM | Report abuse

diesel, hahahahaah, I mean, make it stop...at this point all we can do is laugh.....I've never in all my life heard any coach, at ANY level, NFL, NBA, MLB, ask, and want for perfection.....just beyond comprehension....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 24, 2009 1:33 PM | Report abuse

This just in from Redskins Park:

Coach Zorn speaking on Cooley

Zorn: I think that I am going to put Cooley in the game unless he doesnt want to go in, but I will probably end up putting him on IR unless he doesnt want to go on there. I think what I might do is just have a rotation of guys play out there, I think we will start with Fred, then put Cooley in for a couple plays, then Todd Yoder because he is a wicked blocker. I just dont know what to do we may even have an 3TE set for the remainder of the season because I dont want to loose Cooley and really all those guys have worked hard.

Posted by: GreatOne1 | November 24, 2009 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 24, 2009 1:28 PM

Dude, be careful what you ask for. This is one of Vinny's greatest blunders that actually prevented a long term disaster.

Not having that 2nd round pick was the reason we didn't have enough to trade for Cutler or trade up for Sanchez.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 24, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

interesting beep!

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 24, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

so coker fails 3 drug tests, and people want him on the team??

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 24, 2009 1:07 PM

Coker was framed. He never did no drugs, never failed no test. It was because of his name that they assumed he was a coker.

Posted by: League-Source | November 24, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

His reply...Perfect execution

I'm looking forward to the perfect execution as well...just 6 to 7 weeks to go.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 24, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

In Jim Zorn's mind every play he called was perfect.

The only thing that ever stopped his game plan from working was execution.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | November 24, 2009 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 24, 2009 1:26 PM

zeke- Jansen, Marcus, Springs, etc. all got their millions previously, in the form of various signing/roster/option bonuses. They're not collecting checks from "Mr." Snyder anymore.

The currently injured dudes are muti-million $$$ bonus guys, with [relatively] small base salaries.

[Also, am I officially eliminated from FF playoffs yet? If so, I'm claiming all the Skins players, in an attempt to set the record for lowest weekly point total in FF history.]

Posted by: 4-12 | November 24, 2009 1:42 PM | Report abuse

beep

Posted by: skinswest | November 24, 2009 1:43 PM | Report abuse

"If he can't push the sled draft someone else instead"

Who will explain to Danny what this phrase means?

Posted by: Keyskonnection | November 24, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Bean -

I have no argument with your assessment of Zorn and his evaluation/use of young talent. We see Rhino differently, but I would be very happy to be wrong about the guy.

We might have slightly different standards for O line, but that's cool. That's what makes this blog fun.

Posted by: edvar | November 24, 2009 1:45 PM | Report abuse

I think some dudes come back under new screen names just so they can be complete dipsticks and freely insult people.

The mudslinging posters are the worst as they have nothing to offer but the bilge of their own bad ideas.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 23, 2009 11:26 PM |

Poor Baby. The mean bully trolls have called him names and he wants his mommy. Wah, wah! It used to be that crusters like TheCork would say something such as "Son, I like the cut of your jib", which I suppose in cruster parlance means that you post good. Now dudes say "I like the cut of your jibe" which means they be groovin on what a def job you do carving up some turkey's steamer.

Posted by: LittleGreenBag | November 24, 2009 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 24, 2009 1:30 PM | Report abuse

I don't agree. I think we have great backups in Rhino, Heyer, Jones, and Rabach. What we need are elite starters and you get them in the first 2 rounds. We need to take bookend tackles in round 1 and 2 then go for BPA in a position of need after that. We can fill the other 2 line spots in 2011. We have too many needs to limit all our picks to just linemen. We need maximum value. If we get bookend tackles and move BMW to right guard I think we're ok for next year. I wouldn't be opposed to taking a LB, FS, QB, RB, G, C, or OT in the 4th , 5th, and 7th rounds.

What if Navarro Bowmen is still available in the 4th? That's a starting caliber SLB.

What if Even Royster or Toby Gerhardt are still there in the 4th?

If Christian Ponder comes out this year then I'd take him in the 4th.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that if a great guard or center is still available in the 4th we don't take him. I'd grab Sergio Render, Stefen Wizniewski, John Jerry, etc in the 4th. What I'm saying is that we need the best player available in a position of need. Our positons of need are LT, RT, C, RG, RB, QB, LB, and FS.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 24, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Here's to hoping Cowher doesn't decline us the way he did the Bills...

Posted by: Hail_Victory | November 24, 2009 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Redskins O-Line problems were a disaster waiting to happen and that's on Vinny Cerrato, not Zorn or Jason Campbell. Look at the Eagles - they identified that both of their veteran tackles (Thomas and Runyan) were in deep decline the last two years and released them in the offseason. They traded a No. 1 pick to get Jason Peters, a Pro Bowl LT from Buffalo, and had drafted a guy named Winston Justice in the 2nd round a 2006 in case Shawn Andrews wasn't healthy (mentally or physically) to play this year.

Notice any decline in Philly's offense this year? No, they had a plan, stuck to it, and now they've re-signed Justice to a 4-year deal and Peters signed to a five-yr. deal. Except for Dockery, the Redskins don't have a single player on their O-Line who would be able to start for Philly, NY, or Dallas.

Consistently competitive team are built from the lines outward, not in reverse, as has been the pattern under Synderatto.

Posted by: wizfan89 | November 24, 2009 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dandyhuffman | November 24, 2009 1:24 PM

what drug are you on??? davis will never be what cooley is already is: consistent, a fan favorite, unselfish, a multiple pro bowler...

Posted by: jimmy_the_crickett | November 24, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dandyhuffman | November 24, 2009 1:24 PM

Posted by: jimmy_the_crickett | November 24, 2009 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dandyhuffman

It's baseball not football in which every team needs a representative in the all star game.

Also Cooley is one of the best TE's in the league for yards after the catch.

I think dandyhuffman is Vinny Cerrato, otherwise your post does not make any sense.

Posted by: peteywheatstraw | November 24, 2009 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Honestly, we fans know he wants to play but elimnated from the playoffs and with so many other injuries plus being one of the most productive players on the team, when healthy.... shut it down and get healthy for next year. Davis has played well but trust me, he is not taking cooley's job :)!

Posted by: rvanags | November 24, 2009 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Chris Cooley needs time to recover than return and do what Coach Jim Zorn says because he calls the plays ($$$).

Posted by: quinn5459 | November 24, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

I see all of philly's games.. justice was a left tackle moved to right, peters has had a couple of injuries, andrew's their best lineman on IR the entire season, herriman just back from injuries one month ago, and andrew's brother has not cracked the starting line-up as he was projected to. still their situation is better than washington because eagles don't give up many draft picks and usually have 8-10 picks every year,they also have a real personnel man not a substandard fool analyzing potential players. davis will be better than cooley he is younger faster and stronger, breaks alot of tackles like d. thomas, and for those that said m.kelly was slow..that guy is big and can run that 36yrd play against dallas showed it all get him the ball.

Posted by: wathu19 | November 24, 2009 6:18 PM | Report abuse

A Pass? Oh yes they get a pass all right! A buss pass right out of town! Keep Vinny here and loose more fans and games! A pass? A pass? Playoffs?

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | November 24, 2009 7:45 PM | Report abuse

I meant a BUS pass right out of town! BTW Dallas SUCKS! FIRE VINNY!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | November 24, 2009 7:49 PM | Report abuse

Come on! Fans are waiting for your back!!My girlfriend thinks the same with me. I am eight years older than her, lol. We met online at~ ageromance.com ~a nice and free place for younger women and older men, or older women and younger men, to interact with each other. Maybe you wanna check out or tell your friends.

Posted by: jacotao | November 25, 2009 5:31 AM | Report abuse