Cowboys Do Fear The Reaper (and I don't blame them)

I know TO had a broken hand and all, but you can't tell me he wanted any part of Sean Taylor Sunday night. (Never forget early in Taylor's rookie year he was walking thru the locker room with this big hoodie on over his head, looking like he was in the mood the strangle someone with his hands, and LaVar called him "The Grim Reaper." All he was missing was the sickle. Some of us media schlubs refer to him as The Reaper ever since.)

In 2004 I remember Sean taking a bunch of liberties with TO, wailing on him in the end zone in Philly, picking up a few personal fouls, trying to hang him high like Night Train Lane, and I thought it was genius. Washington's season was basically over, looked like TO would be playing the Skins twice a year in this division for a long time (who knew at the time it would be with Dallas ), and what better time to send a message. I think it got through. Seemed to me several Cowboys wideouts cringed when the heard the Reaper a comin' their way in that game. He's a bad mamba jamba. I say he gets his first sack and first pick of the season Sunday ...

Sure, reserve corner Mike Rumph got called for a crippling penalty Sunday night - who on the defense didn't? - but I thought he had himself a nice little game there. Broke up that touchdown pass to TO. Was solid in coverage. Was involved and around the ball. Good for him. Kenny Wright, meantime, must still be having visions of Terry Glenn tearing past him ... Reason No. 4,080 why rolling with Wilbon is the bomb: So I left my no-frills room at the Courtyard at DFW Airport Sunday morning and call Wilbon to see where he's watching the game. Turns out he's got a fatty suite at some ubber-swank hotel I had never heard of Hotel Zaza. Says he has The Sunday Ticket in the room, which has a full living room and two huge plasma screens with the HDTV. So guess where I went? It was mind blowing. He got hooked up by some of his peeps there, given a great rate, and had the Far East suite. As soon as I got off the elevator and saw the artistic black and white photos of nude female models - very tasteful, of course - I knew this was my kinda place. His bathroom was bigger than my hotel room. Got to switch between all the early games. Not too shabby. Apparently Ludacris was in a suite there the previous weekend and this is the the place to stay in the Big D, according to my cabbie ...

NFL teams wearing purple are 4-0 ... Taylor Jacobs again went without a catch for the 49ers again Sunday. That's 0-for-2 for the Skins former second round pick, and the guy they dealt for Rumph ... Anyone notice rookie safety Reed Doughty get in on some dime packages Sunday night. Thought for a second he might get a sack. His baby, born six weeks premature, is doing well according to a family member of his who emailed me last week ... This might be it from me today. I'm actually off and not at The Park so I can be with my daughter while she sees a specialist for her eyes. I'll be out of the loop but back at it Thursday.

Cheers.

By Jason La Canfora  |  September 20, 2006; 8:00 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Remedy
Next: Blog Warfare

Comments

I could care less how many personal fouls Sean Taylor gets this season or in a game, as long as he keeps trying to kill the people on the other side of the ball. Well, not literally, but you know. The number of guys in the league that wince and drop the ball or just plain flag catching the pass 'cause they don't want to get hit by him make every penalty, deserved or not, worth it. The man is Mack truck with a ferrari engine.

Posted by: Megskin | September 20, 2006 8:42 AM | Report abuse

Anybody remember him? Another marked man. You can say what you want about Taylor now, eventually his penalties will become a liability, as will his INEVITABLE suspensions.

Posted by: Lavar Walt Clark | September 20, 2006 9:18 AM | Report abuse

The Tarantula

Posted by: Wes Mantooth | September 20, 2006 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Taylor is just young. Give him some more time and he will fine tune his timing to the point where he stops getting penalties.

Posted by: Fastman | September 20, 2006 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Fastman, Mark Carrier fine tuned his timing, and it didn't help. Once you're marked, you're marked.

Posted by: Lavar Walt Clark | September 20, 2006 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Taylor is one of the best in the league, but the personal fouls he is so good at getting does not help the team win. Giving the opposing team 30 yards in one game as he did against the Vikings, helped them win the game, regardless of how hard his hits were.

Posted by: FTC | September 20, 2006 10:43 AM | Report abuse

The ZaZa is a GREAT hotel. I have great memories of pool parties there a few summers ago. Obviously, Wilbon was in one of the "concept" rooms. They just opened a new W Hotel in Dallas as well, and I highly recommend it. I stayed there this weekend.

Basically, Dallas reminds me of a poor man's LA. Lots of fake boobs, great tans, and big hair. Not that any of those things are necessarily bad, but when seen in Texas-size, it gets a bit unnerving.

Sadly, Houston is a dump so I won't be making the trip this week. The city looks like a post-apocalyptic nightmare. There are no cool hotels there either. I'll be in Seattle watching on Sunday Ticket. Maybe I'll head down to the Seahawks/Giants game after the 'Skins are done.

Where is Wilbon flying to this weekend?

Thanks again for blogging. As I predicted back in training camp, when the season finishes going to hell, this will be the place for us all to commiserate. And marvel at Cooley's hair.

In any event, I hope your daughter is doing well...

Posted by: P Diddy | September 20, 2006 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Cooley's hair is a rat's nest, someone please, call an intervetion: tie him down and shave his head, and while your at it, do Kornheiser's as well.

Posted by: Megskin | September 20, 2006 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Well, the point being that it's worth taking a few of those penalties on big hits if you get a game's worth of dropped passes by the opposition afterwards.

Of course, your offense has to step up and finish off the job, too.

Posted by: OD | September 20, 2006 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Taylor, please...how bout Roy Williams? He was the best safety playing in that game this past Sunday! How many catches did the most expensive set of receivers catch prior to the game being over...point made!
Furthermore, if the Deadskins come up lame in Houston, you can put a fork in 'em, cause they'll be done! No excuses will be accepted; somebody's getting fired! Danny, maybe you can now hire Donald Trump so he can say, "you're fired!"
Highest payroll for coaches; somebody's getting the hammer and I say it starts at the top!
If this is the best that they can do after that last offseason shopping spree, it's time to get back to NASCAR. At least if the car isn't working properly, you can junk it!

Posted by: Mike Walker | September 20, 2006 10:54 AM | Report abuse

This is one of the reasons I no longer enjoy football as much as I used to: Players being praised for and encouraged to commit violent fouls.

"Send a message"? Please think about the message YOU'RE sending. I think it's disgusting.

Posted by: bb | September 20, 2006 10:57 AM | Report abuse

No question Sean Taylor has talent, BUT y'all acting like THE PREMIERE STONG SAFETY in the league today, (that's right #31 for Big D) didn't do his numbers on sunday night. You saw what he did to Ladell Betts and T.J. Duckett. Respect is due.

Posted by: Treal | September 20, 2006 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Premier strong safety in the league? Who cares? Brunell can't even get the ball the our Wide Receivers so it doesn't really matter. Come back and brag if the skins ever make it off the kitchen floor and put up a good game against Dallas. Until then, keep on picking your own nose and not us.

Posted by: Megskin | September 20, 2006 11:03 AM | Report abuse

I love these death rattles from redskins fans. You know that you are done and we know that you are done and the best part is little danny gets to foot the bill and watch for 14 long long weeks. Redskins most valuable franchise? What a joke! Cowboys Rule!

Posted by: Patrick | September 20, 2006 11:05 AM | Report abuse

The primary image I retain of #21 is him getting burned by Creighton in the end zone, and Terry Glenn being wide open in the end zone, and, well you get the idea. Intimidation is all well and good, but with these CBs, he needs to cover a little bit too.

Posted by: you're reaching | September 20, 2006 11:11 AM | Report abuse

The Cowboys fans overconfidence with their trifle of a team is amusing. I'd say Dallas is as overrated as the Skins, but not many people thought much of Washington coming into the year. The Cowboys aren't much, either, so don't expect any grand accomplishment from that team. Furthermore, Roy Williams is an adequate, serviceable safety. But to think he's anywhere near the top of the league at that position is ridiculous. He is one of the worst safeties in pass coverage, maybe slightly better than Archuleta. When it's all said and done, I think Taylor will be remembered as being a vastly superior defensive back. Hell, that time may have come already.

The only saving grace about Monday night's game was watching the Dallas receivers sprout alligator arms when attempting to catch passes across the middle. Taylor has them scared and running. Too bad he's not as effective as he could be because of the atrocious play of the cornerbacks.

Posted by: Colin | September 20, 2006 11:16 AM | Report abuse

T.O. had them alligator arms, baby! He was shook! I just wish Sean Taylor played for an all out stout defense like the Ravens where his skills would go VERY noticed and where he would be even MORE of a feared hitter than in Washington.

Posted by: Jeff | September 20, 2006 11:25 AM | Report abuse

I'm glad some Cowboys dropping balls makes you happy. I guess that makes up for a humiliating loss and yet another season tanking before it's hardly begun. But then if you're a Redskins fan, you have to learn to appreciate the little things...

Posted by: Devonaire | September 20, 2006 11:25 AM | Report abuse

IM JUST GLAD THAT IM NOT ONE OF THE HOUSTON TEXANS WIDE RECEIVERS.....

SUNDAYS APPROACHING FAST, AND SO IS
THE GRIM REAPER..... HE GOING TO PUNISH THOSE TEXANS RECEIVERS. NO DOUBT! HEADS ARE GOING TO ROLL!!!!!!!!

GO SHAWN TAYLOR!!!!!! 110% EFFORT

Posted by: mrjunkhead | September 20, 2006 11:28 AM | Report abuse

I guess the overhyped, counterfeit Redskins have resorted to individual accolades to make up for their lost season. It's sad, really.

That's what separates Ronnie Lott from Sean Taylor. One has a handful of superbowl rings and the other is a perennial loser. Which would you rather be?

Posted by: Nextelbush | September 20, 2006 11:43 AM | Report abuse

COWBOYS SUCK .

Posted by: MRJUNKHEAD | September 20, 2006 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Like I said before- all you got to do is win every game with Dallas for the next nine years to even the series at 54 wins each. Oops, guess that'll have to be nine and a half years and 55 wins.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 20, 2006 11:44 AM | Report abuse

To bb: Grow a pair pal. Football's a violent game. Maybe you should stick with ice dancing.

Taylor really may be the best safety in the game and 1 of the 2 penalties against Minnesota was purely reputation. It was the same officiating crew from last year's Bucs playoff game when he spit in Pittman's face. That ball was live and that receiver was still in play. It was a good hit.

Posted by: Skinsem | September 20, 2006 11:44 AM | Report abuse

To Nextellbush: This is his 3rd year in the league, how many rings should Taylor have? Your comparison to Ronnie Lott based solely on Super Bowl rings is garbage.

Posted by: Skinsem | September 20, 2006 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Hey Dallas fans how far did you guys go in the playoffs last year. I dont remeber seeing you in any. Cowgirl fans shhhh till they actually do something. Isnt Irvin due for another drug bust soon lmao... Tell TO thanks for the alligator arms big chicken!!!!

Posted by: iha8dallas | September 20, 2006 11:48 AM | Report abuse

T. OWENS SUCKS TOO .

Posted by: MRJUNKHEAD | September 20, 2006 11:50 AM | Report abuse

who let these sick cowboy fans in, and what it this crap about roy williams...please, if the cowgirl receivers fear #21 the roy's fear comes from #89 you cowgirl fans do remember that don't you... yeah, yeah go ahead and say that was last year... and it's true, and i will say we shouldn't have one in fungus of city called D last year but you blew it not us... but do remember you gotta come here and you remember how we spanked your a---- at fedex... that was no fluke... see ya Nov. 5th alligator arms and statue Drew see how ya feeling then...

Posted by: 1trufan | September 20, 2006 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Cowgirl fans are so quick to forget last season arent they? 2 weeks into this season, and we're already dead huh? They called us dead 12 weeks into last season, but who was sitting at home in january? I just love how they come into our chats like we care what they think!

Posted by: Darrell | September 20, 2006 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Redskins lost and their fans have to find something to hold their interest. Apparently, Taylor has no problem being violent on and off the field. Too bad the rest of the team sucks. I wonder if he'll have the same wreckless abandon we the Skins games don't count? I don't think so. You'll see this weekend when they lose to Houston and frustration is oozing from their sideline and owners box. One more thing, a great safety always leads his team in tackles and ints.

GO COWBOYS!

Posted by: Wiley House | September 20, 2006 11:58 AM | Report abuse

When Bill Parcells wins a playoff game in Dallas I'll shut up about personal accolades and playoff victories.

Posted by: Jeff | September 20, 2006 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Hey 1trufan,
I didn't see much of #89 this past Sunday, did you? Last year is in the past...that's what's wrong with ya team...they haven't awaken from last year..if ya lose to the Texans, may as well leave some of them bums in Texas! We're looking forward to Nov. 5th, by then we'll be getting ready for the playoffs, and yall, another offseason shopping spree! Who ya gonna buy next year? I'm sure that the 49ers have a lot of good players to sell you...

Posted by: Mike Walker | September 20, 2006 11:59 AM | Report abuse

who cares about Dallas? i don't really care if the Skins lose to them twice every year as long as they're making the playoffs. These genius Dallas fans are calling the Skins busts, and ripping Snyder? You're telling me Dallas isn't a bust and a joke? Let's see, your owner looks like a freak with all his plastic surgery, you brought in the Tuna and he hasn't done anything, and you signed TO thinking it will matter but it really won't, he's alreay a problem & a distraction. Please. Let's see if you all are still this pumped when your team isn't playing in January again.

Posted by: Dallas sucks | September 20, 2006 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Taylor didn't look too intimidating catching his breath after Terry Glenn torched him for a TD. A guy gives up 2 TD's and you want to brag about a few hits he made? Pathetic.

Posted by: td123 | September 20, 2006 12:02 PM | Report abuse

You gotta love it. There's nothing more gratifying than to see your favorite Redskins at a D.C. nightspot swarmed by the lovely ladies and the expensive and empty champange bottles everywhere and to think that these guys are just a bunch of overpaid, non-committed wimps with no passion for a game that I love. Let's toast to the FedEx Field faithfuls "for allowing us" to be the metrosexual, luxury car driving, no cover charge at the door, faux autograph signers. That's right, I'm mad as hell and any true Redskin fan with an ounce of D.C. decency about themselves should be as well.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 20, 2006 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Nobody is afraid of Roy Williams. By comparison, how many receivers are observably afraid of Sean Taylor? Watch the replay on that TO drop - you can see him taking a quick look behind him just before Taylor stuck him and he dropped the ball. You cowbums fans can't deny it - Taylor has TO's heart in his pocket.

Posted by: reaperfan | September 20, 2006 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Sean Taylor??? LOL , just say Patrick Craython in front of him... poor Sean

Posted by: yomama | September 20, 2006 12:12 PM | Report abuse

I guess we can all agree this is a sweet Redskins blog/msg board, right Dallas fans? Jason you have to admit this rivalry is pretty cool. I don't know who the Ravens primary rival is. Do they have one?

Posted by: Henry | September 20, 2006 12:15 PM | Report abuse

@Skinsem: Take off your blinders. My manhood's not the issue.

Football is supposed to be violent WITHIN the rules. When you start encouraging players to commit violent fouls, you're crossing an ethical (if not legal) line.

Taylor has already been arrested for armed assault. His reputation as a thug isn't something I'd be proud of as a Redskins fan.

Posted by: bb | September 20, 2006 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Nobody is afraid of Roy Williams, please.
How many catches did the most expensive receiver tandem "in the history of the game" have when it counted this past Sunday? Just what I thought..how bout #89, how many TDs? Watch the replay on the entire game, can't, I know and what was the final score? 27-10...how many TDs did that 700 page playbook get? We're out of the preseason...they count now...
0-2 rapid heading towards 0-3, Go Texans!
Did you see Mark Brunell taking a quick look just before getting sacked?
You deadskin fans can't deny it - Parcells has Gibbs heart in his pocket. Get your shopping list ready...who we gonna bring in next year? Warren Sapp...hehehe

Posted by: Mike Walker | September 20, 2006 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Taylor = overrated just like everyone else on the team... T.O had a broken finger, but Craython burned him again just like that time back in 2004.. I'm sure yall remember that :D

Posted by: Brunellistheman | September 20, 2006 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Taylor wasn't covering Glenn on that play. If he was out of breath it was because he chased after the play that the new guy botched. His breathlessness was the result of his competitive spirit and passion for the game. Now compare this to TO, who gets so scared by the thought of getting hit that he drops balls. I seem to remember Glenn getting scared and dropping a pass last year against the skins too. The Redskins have boys that come to play. The cowbums are a bunch of scared little b*@ches. We'll saw yall again at Fed Ex this season, and by then Springs and Portis will be in laying the smack on that azz.

Posted by: Reaperfan | September 20, 2006 12:22 PM | Report abuse

I had the Roy Williams vs Sean Taylor argument with a Cowboys fan here in Charlotte, NC yesterday. This guy kept talking about how great RW is and Taylor doesnt hit that hard--- anyway, eventually an EAGLES fan jumped in to settle the argument. He said, " I hate both of your sorry teams, but Sean Taylor is an absolute beast-- he is gonna literally kill someone on the football field some day-- no question-- Taylor is better than Williams and he is only in his 3rd year.

How is that for an unbiased opinion?

HTTR, Dallas Sucks, Eagles swallow

Posted by: knowledgeredskin | September 20, 2006 12:27 PM | Report abuse

There is nothing better than a blog war between Redskins and Cowboys fans. This was pretty funny!

Posted by: BEANIeboy21 | September 20, 2006 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Come save us Shawn Springs.. :( we suck with you .. boo hoo LOL

Posted by: Brunellistheman | September 20, 2006 12:29 PM | Report abuse

You're right, Taylor wasn't covering Glenn on that play. But that was his side of the field and he got scored on!
He was out of breath because he was the only one playing D! Doesn't compare to
TO, maybe next time though! That was a blowout that didn't materialize but only because of dropped passes...nothing your sorry a$$ defense did...Skins had a lot of dropped and skipped ball...I think your QB was the only one scared this past Sunday.
The Redskins have boys that come to play, what dead? They definitely didn't play any football. At Fed Ex this season, it'll be the same thing...do you know who expects a different result doing the same thing? Yep, just what I thought. By then Springs and Portis will be doing the same as they are now, on the sidelines in street clothes...because they listened to the coaches instead of the trainers...

Posted by: Anonymous | September 20, 2006 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Sean Taylor is a joke. The moment you show up in an Eastern Motors commercial, your career is doomed. LaVarr Arrington, Clinton Portis, Sean Taylor... a litany of overpaid, underachieving embarrassments. I live in D.C., and every year it's the same thing: Super Bowl hype, a bunch of "big" free agency signings, and a run of stupefying medocrity (at best). Good times.

Posted by: Irresponsible Speculator | September 20, 2006 12:32 PM | Report abuse

at Eastern motors your job is your credit.. 400 SUV and minivans.. are you listenin maan? LOOOOOL ...

Posted by: Brunellistheman | September 20, 2006 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Nextelbush,

Go back to the Cowboys blogs...you are not wanted here. Trying to compare Ronnie Lott and Sean Taylor is just stupid. Sean is only in his 3rd year....nothing to compare considering how long Ronnie played.

Go back to where you came from!!!

Posted by: Rainesmaker | September 20, 2006 12:41 PM | Report abuse

I just think you guys are mad 'cause you stuck with $5000 dollars in season tickets and you can't even put on sale on ebay cause your team sucks.. Danny boy thanks you for your support :D

Posted by: Anonymous | September 20, 2006 12:43 PM | Report abuse

The Cowbouy WRs, TEs and RBs caught passes from Bledsoe all night. Go to NFL.com and ook at the game stats.

Randle El, Santana Moss, Brandon Lloyd....invisible all night.

Seems to me Roy Williams took care of business.

Taylor looked good chasing Glenn into the end zone. Reminded me of Matt Stevens chasing Rocket Ishmail.

Posted by: The Way It Is | September 20, 2006 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Hey bb - come on man. This is football. It's not like Taylor is in there stabbing people or something. And you keep talking about his arrest - did you read the details of that whole situation? Somebody came in and stole some motorcycles off his family's property and threatened him with a gun. Taylor wasn't out with his gun walking the streets looking for trouble. Give the man a break. If he does something like that again I think we have reason to think he has some issues. But I don't think it's fair to associate that turn of events with his intense game play. Think about Ray Lewis. He had similar legal issues early on in his career, and since then he's been all class - but no less intense on the field. These guys are not just a bunch of thugs. They stand to lose a lot of money if they go too far. I think in time we will see Taylor polishing his game to a precision, clean surgical strike that is just as effective and just as intimidating to receivers, but with far less penalties. I only hope he doesn't ultimately fall victim to yet another one of management's brilliant moves to rid the team of its marqui players - that's the multi-million dollar question.

Posted by: Reaperfan | September 20, 2006 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Redskins fans are the best to go after, they never have a team worth a crap and a midget owner who overpays everybody. We will concentrate on a more worthy enemy, the eagles, See ya next year deadskins. Cowboys, still america's team, now and forever.

Posted by: Patrick | September 20, 2006 12:48 PM | Report abuse

These cowboys fans must be sniffing glue. "America's team" is a joke. The owner resembles Monte Burns. The coach is a human ecplise. The best running back the team had is wearing sequence and tap shoes on prime time TV. And their greatest wide receiver makes Tony Montana look like a recreational user. See you in 7 weeks.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 20, 2006 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Reaperfan, come on man...you know that they're gonna get rid of him...just like Smoot, Champ and LaVar...wake up...they don't like to pay their own...they like shopping!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 20, 2006 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Just got word that Roy Williams horse-collared our receptionist. She's out until at least Monday.

Posted by: Wes Mantooth | September 20, 2006 12:55 PM | Report abuse

These Skins fans are skoking crack. Stop hatin on "America's team." You had your shot in primetime and choked! At least our coach ain't lying everyday, takin bout character, working hard... The best running back on ya team is hurt, injured and won't allow his injury to heal, thus putting his future in doubt! And your greatest wide receivers this past Sunday had how many TDs, catches...just what I thought...we're here to bag your 0-2 team, going nowhere fast team..take it like a man! Yep, looking forward to seeing you in 7 weeks, another easy one. It was easy!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 20, 2006 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Oh man - I got someone's attention! Too bad I have to go back to work in a minute. You cowbums keep and eye out for Reaperfan - I'd love to continue this chat. In the meantime, I'll leave you with a few thoughts: First, what was the final score of the second Dallas/Skins games last year? Not too much has changed on our team this year other than some key injuries and a new offense we're still adjusting to. And we will get there. You're on crack if you think Gibbs and Saunders are incapable of righting this ship. Now let's consider your "upgrades" this year. You guys got despirate and picked up a huge liability in TO. As the season progresses and defenses inevitably focus in on pressuring Bleedslow into coughing up all those picks, TO will inevitably start hollaring about it at both the QB and the coach, which will most certainly divide the locker room as it did in Philly. Now that he's gone, look how Philly's playing. Gave them Giants some go the other night, didn't they? Enjoy your albratross cowbums.

Posted by: Reaperfan | September 20, 2006 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Sean Taylor clinched a playoff spot with a TD. Sean Taylor won a playoff game with a TD. Roy Williams watched the playoffs, and has never even been on the field for a playoff victory.

How easily we forget those Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in 10 years...

Posted by: Stewie Griffin | September 20, 2006 1:04 PM | Report abuse

We didn't choke. Choking is when you are beating the team for 56 minutes then get torched by Santana on two bombs to blow it. Did I say "blow", excuse me Michael Irvin, I meant give it away. Remember? That was during prime time in YOUR house.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 20, 2006 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Bleh. Who let all the cowpokes in? On a Wednesday as well, took you three days to find the blog? Go back to picking up cowmanure or something.

And how in the world are Taylor and Portis underachieving embarrassments? Portis carried the skins to the playoffs last year; nice joke yardage he racked up hunh?

Williams hardly looked all that impressive--how hard is it to pick off a pass in double coverage when you get a dying duck right to you, and boy, did he make the highlight reel with all his hard hitting? Puhlease. Williams is known for his poor coverage, any coach would take Taylor, with his superior speed and converage skills, over him.

Now, get on up on all your little ponies and ride on out of here, I hear your sheep calling.

Posted by: Megskin | September 20, 2006 1:12 PM | Report abuse

To Mike and all the other loser cowgirl fans...it's been stated throughout we made the playoffs last year while you pokes sat at home and watched..... Gibbs has been back going into his 3rd season and had the team in the playoffs...how many years has Fat Bill been in your town and how many times has he taken you to the playoffs? And i see you cowgirl fans aren't much different then the philly fans but you've got a time bomb a tickin and it won't be long before well you'll saw the final outcome in Philly enjoy T.O. it's just a matter of time! By the way tell Jerry Jones the plastic surgery didn't work for him and sure won't work for his team... i.e. T.O. and his face and in closing as one old drill sgt once said there are only two things that come from Texas Queers and Steers and i ain't seen none of you pokes walking around with horns..

Posted by: 1trufan | September 20, 2006 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Dallas may not have won a playoff game in 10 years, but over those ten years they are 14-4 against your sorry Redskins. How about that? What does that say about the Skins?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 20, 2006 1:14 PM | Report abuse

It's amazing how distorted the facts are. Don't get me wrong, being a Cowboys fan, I enjoyed this win. But, Roy Williams was not the reason the Redskins WRs were shut down. He did contribute, but it was Brunell's inability to get the ball to them and the coverage of Anthony Henry and Terence Newman that kept the WRs from getting open.

Taylor is a good hard-hitting safety, but his desire to lay the smack down becomes a liability. He bites hard on play action and jumps routes he shouldn't, which is why he is out of position on a lot of plays. But, people only remember the big hits. I'm sure TO remembers them. I'm sure Terry Glenn does too... there were a lot of dropped balls.

But the fact is, the goal is to win. And the Redskins aren't doing that.

Posted by: Michael | September 20, 2006 1:15 PM | Report abuse

what you fail to add is the 2 td taylor gave up 1 to crayton and 1 to glen because he was so focused on owens and was late getting over to help poor lb on glen!owens took skinys best player out of game!he shawdowed owens all night plus cb!he was hardly factor in run game at line because of owens!!!!!!

Posted by: boofer ed stevens | September 20, 2006 1:16 PM | Report abuse

You folks are late on Taylor, Check out my post from 9/7

Your note on Sean Taylor warms my heart.As a lifelong skins fan, I can't think of a better feeling than knowing your defense is in position to light people up week in and out. Sean Taylor is my favorite player on the team, and when this kid finally puts it all together, he is going to be scarier than he already is. He's got the speed to cover a Randy Moss or Terrell Owens, and the stength and power to destroy any running back trying to break the line of srimmage. A player with Taylor's physical and mental make up don't come along very often, (Ronnie Lott and Jack Tatum come to mind) and we are blessed to have him. I'f I'm Daniel Snyder I'm locking Taylor up for the long, long term. Don't nickle and dime, only to have him look elsewhere.

Posted by: Darryl | August 7, 2006 02:07 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 20, 2006 1:16 PM | Report abuse

oh yeah this America's team b.s. please give us a break. is this one of those George Bush election polls? I think you South America's team and isn't Dallas and Texas part of Mexico anyway it sure looked like it in the stadium and around here everytime i see someone with a cowboy Jersey or hat they seem to hail from South America....

Posted by: DC#1 | September 20, 2006 1:18 PM | Report abuse

bb-you are a nancyboy. Save that crap for people who care. By the way, your manhood is in question. You sound like an uptight, always use your blinker, never jaywalk kind of d*uche. Cowboy fans are blind to the fact their team is not much better than the Skins. You have had all your draft picks of late, nice picks on the O-Line, how many more turdburglars could you pick that never pan out.

Posted by: Kevin K | September 20, 2006 1:18 PM | Report abuse

come dallas ain't won a playoff game in 10 years but their 14-4 against the skins, who said this was a history class...anyhow 14-4 against us good record but still don't by you nothing, nada... it's week two let's see where everyone is come week 16... or will all you cowboy fans do what you usually do, burn or pack your so called jerseys & hats... at least we're proud enough and true enough fans you see Redskin stuff year round...

Posted by: 1trufan | September 20, 2006 1:22 PM | Report abuse

One more thing - I check in on these chats around lunch time every day. If you have to say to Reaperfan, keep an eye out around then.

Let's go Redskins!

Posted by: Reaperfan | September 20, 2006 1:22 PM | Report abuse

My friend and I stayed in that exact room last year for the Dallas game. It is huge and absolutely beautiful! I think it is 2200 square feet with a dining room table that can seat about 12. I will go there everytime I visit Dallas.

Posted by: dustin | September 20, 2006 1:25 PM | Report abuse

How much are you deadkins fans getting paid to be Danny's bi**ches too? sure sounds like it.. Boo hoo.. boo hoo , we will win with character and chemistry, LMAO!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 20, 2006 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Hey Danny,,..pay me 5mil and I will be your friend, too!

Posted by: Brunellistheman | September 20, 2006 1:29 PM | Report abuse

No there not sniffing glue just ask some of the players who've been arrested for trafficking drugs and sniffing oh heck just call espn and talk to mike irvin he'll tell ya what it is they sniff in dallas besides cow manure...

Posted by: DC#1 | September 20, 2006 1:30 PM | Report abuse

A couple weeks ago, this was a good place for Redskins updates. Now it's the redskins.com message board. What a shame.

Posted by: Joe in Raleigh | September 20, 2006 1:32 PM | Report abuse

its pretty sad when the only player on your team you can prop up is a sissy spitter,personal foul king,breaking the law,non covering,fine getting safety!!!! skiny fans are really desperate!!!gibbs will bail on this team like he did in the 90s knowing that team had no more talent and was to old!!!!roy has broken shoulders and knocked out people but also has character somthing taylor will never have!!

Posted by: boofer ed stevens | September 20, 2006 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Hey BB this is about football, nothing personal, if he is on our team and a good teammate then it doesnt matter what he does off field as long as the team can depend on him to commit 100%, as long as no woman and children were hurt, BB you maybe should look to find a softer sport like tennis or golf where decency is encouraged, INTIMADATION is a key componet to playing safety, so what if he has a REPUTATION as a thug, stop being so high and mighty, like you have never done anything wrong or illegal, we all have, just to different degrees and some of us werent caught

Posted by: joemac80 | September 20, 2006 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Hey what happened? Where did all the cowpoke fans go? Is is (coke)sniff, sniff break? You know most of these folks claiming to be cowboy fans aren't real fans at all, pay attention to those who do claim to be, before the year is over they'll be in Falcons, Bears or Patriots or whoevers on top at the time jerseys and hats. And i know this as a fact, seen one last year, guy comes to one game and has on Cowboys Roy Willams jersey, next home game he's got on a Michael Vick Falcons jersey. Come on poke fans where is your allegence?

Posted by: DC#1 | September 20, 2006 1:46 PM | Report abuse

If there is any 'skin that needs motivation next Sunday I think coaches should make them read this blog. It's all there...from teethless cowgirls fans to nay sayers to self appointed coaches.

0-2 and season over? Me thinks a lot of you have confidence issues and not just limited to Redskins performance...

Posted by: PleaseGiveMeABreak | September 20, 2006 1:46 PM | Report abuse

yes we're sniffin while Sean is committin another assault, but no worries!! his dad is the Police Chief and he'll get him out just in time for next sunday so he can get burned against some no name rookie!!!! hail to the deadkins!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 20, 2006 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Another good reason to not watch. I had rather watch people catch fish. Or paint dry.

Posted by: Gary Masters | September 20, 2006 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Wow you Cowboy fans are really obessed with us Skins huh, instead of talking to your own, you rather hang out with us, deep down you love us and want to be us, WE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, WILL YOU BEFORE THAT CANCER OF A RECEIVER EATS YOU ALIVE FROM THE INSIDE

Posted by: joemac80 | September 20, 2006 1:56 PM | Report abuse

I'd like to thank Mike for making the most important comment thus far in the last handful of posts: Roy Williams WAS NOT the reason the Redskins receivers didn't get open. In fact, if you watched many of the replays, the receivers were open, but Brunell couldn't let go of the ball. This Dallas secondary is no better than it was last year when it got torched game in and game out. The pass rush is better, which maskes the major deficiencies in the secondary. Of course, a defensive backfield always looks superior when opposing a quarterback who can't get the ball downfield.

I also love the reasoning by some of the Cowboys fans here, particularly the ones who say it doesn't matter that Dallas hasn't won a playoff game in 10 years because the Cowboys are 14-4 against the Redskins. That's all well and good, but beating up on one team doesn't win you a Super Bowl. I wouldn't expect that playoff win to come this year, either, Dallas fans.

Someone else made a good point in the Taylor vs. Williams drag-out comment fight here, as well. This poster said that Taylor has already done more in his young career to jumpstart a team than Williams has in his seven years. The poster was referring to the TD Taylor scored to a secure a playoff berth last year, and the TD he scored to win a playoff game. Seems to be he's had more impact than Williams in four less seasons.

Posted by: Colin | September 20, 2006 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Normally I don't lie to post in such a disreputable smelly place like this, but I will. The deadskins should throw a wake, everyone else has, John Madden, the whole viewing audience on Sunday and anyone else who watched that pitiful performance. Sorry Danny, you got reamed again!

Posted by: Wesley | September 20, 2006 2:03 PM | Report abuse

You my friend are an idiot. You're team lost by 17 (it should have been by 30)...and all you can comment on is the safety who breaks the law and NFL rules each week??? Get a life...The skins are 0-2 for a reason!! Dallas has traditionally dominated Washington (14 of 17) and will continue to...that is as it should be!!

Posted by: Scott in Dallas | September 20, 2006 2:07 PM | Report abuse

I would consider myself the biggest skins fan this side of the Missis...you know the deal. The fact of the matter is that the enitre NFC East will go 9-7 with 1 team making it to the playoffs. Again, I am a Redskins fan. Sean Taylor is and will be a great safety in this league, but until we get a Defensive Line that can rush the passer and stop the run also, some corners with (a pair) via the draft he will continue to look as if he was burned on every play. ST can't cover the entire field you any of you knew football you would know that.

SupaFan COWGIRLS do sux

Posted by: SupaFan | September 20, 2006 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Look at the scoreboard before you talk trash. Perhaps the only things Skins fans can run on is their mouths. As Bill Parcels once said:" You are what your record says you are". And right now, Skins are 0-2 losers.

Posted by: RoyWilliams | September 20, 2006 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Hey Scott,
This comment is to you, when is Jerry going to buy his next superbowl....JJ's thing is getting old in Dallas too. TO is not the answer....Oh by the way the skins are just two games on your long schedule...JACKSONVILLE.....HOUSTON......PHILLY.....GIANTS......get my drift..dont count your chickens before the hatch...

Posted by: SupaFan | September 20, 2006 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Ok so you are 14-4 against us in the last 10 years. Yet you haven't been to a playoff game! Ask any player, coach, or fan of any team in any sports where they want to be at playoff time. Enough said! Roy Williams can not even hold Taylor jock strap let alone be better than him. Wake up and leave the sheeps alone. It's starting to go to your head.

Posted by: jm220 | September 20, 2006 2:16 PM | Report abuse

No Mustaine comments? Anyways. I almost agree with the BS Dallas fan Roy Williams. I know he bragged all night long before he went to bed last year when the skins beat the cowngirls on the last second bombs, and I know he was bragging when we toasted them the second game. Must feel good to get one... Anyways, the Redskins have NOTHING to brag about and fans need to start looking at our team with a more critical eye... not a negative eye, but an honest eye. This team so far is a paper tiger. I admit, we are desparately missing Shawn Springs, and Clinton Portis. HOWEVER... where is Andre Carter? I wish I would not hear Archuleta's name so much... he is like a giant skid mark in my fruit of the looms with how badly he is beaten in coverage. I love the skins... I am not beholden to this group of players. Brunell... ya gotta carry a clipboard if you can't go down field when Portis returns. I will simply stop watching and wait for the highlights on ESPN if we have sub 100 yard passing games at half time anymore. 46 yards>? are you kidding? I do not care how many cover 2's we face... What happened to that old seam route that tight ends like BAvaro made a living at running... the old 10 to 15 yard post pattern? quick slant across the middle with the tight end posting... we have nothing vertical at all and I feel so bad for Al Saunders. He must be wondering why he took this opportunity. Without even a mediocre quarterback we are sunk. I appreciate Brunell not forcing anything. He definitely knows his limitations, but he is SO limited that we are going 0-16 if we do not stretch the field.

Posted by: Steve | September 20, 2006 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Amen Steve!

Posted by: SupaFan | September 20, 2006 2:31 PM | Report abuse

No question Brunell needs to hold the clip board. Once Portis return it will help the offense but it will not help him get the ball to the WR. And Springs will help the D as well. It's too early in the season to say things are over. However, if we lose this weekend then we all must admit that it's over lol.

Posted by: jm220 | September 20, 2006 2:32 PM | Report abuse

how many pro bowls does taylor have to roy williams!!!players and coaches do most voting!!!!sissy spitters dont go!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: boofer ed stevens | September 20, 2006 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Taylor is Thug. I doubt he will finish his career with the Redskins.

Posted by: Me and My Mojo | September 20, 2006 2:34 PM | Report abuse

To SupaFan- Houston?

Posted by: * | September 20, 2006 2:36 PM | Report abuse

The skins do look truly awful.
Champs of the offseason, every year.

Posted by: nfcbeast | September 20, 2006 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Lets not start talking about legal trouble because Dallas was by far the most drug busted team in the last 15 years and Irvin was holding someone elses pipe last year yeah right or maybe it was Nate Newtons. Dallas has theia own pre game show called COPS!!!

Posted by: iha8dallas | September 20, 2006 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Re Archuleta: I'm concerned about his non-contribution so far as well. However, I don't think safeties are intended to be coverage guys. That's corner's job. Safeties are as their name indicates - to back up the corners and linebackers if they get beat. The role of safety is to be able to tackle well. Archuletta was brought it to be another hitter to compliment Taylor, but so far he hasn't panned out. The thing about Taylor is that he is so fast that he can function as a corner. Funny thing - all these Cowboys fans keep talking about how Taylor couldn't cover Glenn, as if covering anybody was Taylor's job. Sounds to me like these guys have pretty high expectations of Taylor. I think that's that Skins fan inside them, trying to come out!

Posted by: * | September 20, 2006 2:48 PM | Report abuse

I remember way back, about 25 years ago, when George Allen's team started this whole hate-the-Cowboys schtick. Good to see it's still alive and well and as stupid as ever. Good to see that even when Dallas is at its sorriest, it still manages to stomp those even-sorrier Redskins. What a bunch of bitter losers.

Posted by: tskesq | September 20, 2006 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Skins look bad...real bad. Hard to take as a burgundy brother. But D boys, get real - that cigar-store indian of a QB you got ain't taking you no where either. As for Taylor/TO...I laughed out loud when I saw TO yank those arms in real quick! Don't blame him either, if I saw Reaper bearin down on me I'd curl up like a bug.

Peace

Posted by: Spike | September 20, 2006 2:58 PM | Report abuse

cowboys legal troubles was 15 years ago!skinys have been getting arrested left and right last 5 years! thats what over paid freeagents bring and drafted players with character problems you knew about!!!!!!

Posted by: boofer ed stevens | September 20, 2006 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Ohmy, nothing like mentioning Sean Taylor to bring out all the Redskin haters. You all get so worked up over this whole thing.

The fact is both of these teams stink right now. Can we go back to wallowing in self-pity and get rid of all the Dallas fans?

I can't believe your guys highlight of the year is coming in here yelling about how great Roy Williams is and how much of "Thug" Taylor is.

If our defense had been any good, you could brag. If our offense had been any good, you could brag. If we could kick, tackle, pass and run, heck, even get a first down, you could brag. But we can't do any of those things, and honestly, it doesn't look like you guys were all that much better. Yes, you did beat us. But right now, I'm not sure the Redskins could win a game against themselves.

Posted by: Megskin | September 20, 2006 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Again, it is ridiculous to talk about Sean Taylor versus Roy Williams. They are both great players, Sean hits a little harder, but seems to be a little bit more undisciplined. That will come with time. The issue is, first of all, if you are a skins fan, why are we making stupid mistakes? Mental mistakes. Why are we not devising schemes that minimize our limitations so we can be competitive? Why are there no half time adjustments that are palpable? Why are we consistently looking full of effort, but so full of missed tackles? Fundamentals. Yes, the players play the games, but just like a running back that fumbles is castigated and forced to carry the ball everywhere, so should these arm tacklers and count jumpers and late hitters... Sean Taylors excluded it was a bum call.... The holding and blatant face mask penalties.... not blocking, dropping passes. I am not talking about us getting beat because of great play by the other team... I am talking about being brick headed and handed. This team is getting out coached. I love Gibbs. I love his race teams. I love Tony Stewart, Denny Hamlin and even a little for JJ Yeley, but come on Joe... have the guts to makes some changes when necessary. Don't turn to Danny ball and look for names in free agency... look to keeping the talent we have at a bargain, ala Ryan Clark, Antonio Pierce, Fred Smoot and even Lavar. We sign garbage for a mint when we let go lesser names at bigger price tags. Unacceptable and the blame lies on our personnel department and the coaches. Which, forgive me for the sacrilege, begins with Joe.

Posted by: Steve | September 20, 2006 3:05 PM | Report abuse

I have to agree that it's not fair to Taylor to compare him to Ronnie Lott. Lott started as a pro bowl corner, and then moved to safety. The comparisons to Lott should start when Taylor's hits raise the level of performance of his team. A Ronnie Lott hit would change the game because it energized his defensive teammates. We will know he has obtained leadership status when his hits start affecting the rest of the team (positively). Taylor's hits are spectacular and opposing receivers do know he is out there. It was obvious in the game against the cowboys.

Posted by: nomaD | September 20, 2006 3:05 PM | Report abuse

What's the matter Scott in Dallas no papers in Dallas to read? Or you realize the only good place to get news is here in Washington? Now I as a skins fan would think the best place to read up on the skins would be here, but you being cowsissy fan, feel the need to come to the Washington post...for what do you expect find articles praising some sad sack of manure team from Dallas! Get real and come on out the closet!

Posted by: 1trufan | September 20, 2006 3:07 PM | Report abuse

CAN WE GET A LITTLE

Sierra
Tango
Whiskey
Foxtrot

FOR BOTH SKINS FANS AND COWGIRL FANS??

WE BOTH SUCK!!! SKINS SUCK WORSE CAUSE THEY HAVE A QB WHO CAN'T ADMIT THAT HE CAN'T THROW AND IS RUINING AN NFL SEASON!!!! A WHOLE NFL SEASON!!!! 14 MORE WEEKS OF BRUNELL??? AHHHHHH~~~~~~~~

COWBOYS SUCK CAUSE I CAN'T REMEMBER THE LAST TIME THEY WERE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!! WHEN WAS IT???

Posted by: KIM | September 20, 2006 3:08 PM | Report abuse

That's right why are cowboy fans reading a washington newspaper, i personally have no reason nor do i want to read a dallas newspaper.

Posted by: DC#1 | September 20, 2006 3:17 PM | Report abuse

I'm holding out hope the Skins can turn this thing around. I want to see what they can do when Portis returns. But if they blow out Houston on Sunday, I still won't be convinced. Brunell needs to demonstrate that he can play well with Portis against a good team. If Brunell tanks Sunday against Houston with Portis in tow, time for him to take a seat and make way for Jason Campbell.

Posted by: Colin | September 20, 2006 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Steve, we aren't seeing any adjustments at all on either offense or defense because Gibbs has passed the buck on both of those to other guys. It's going to take a lot failure on Williams and Saunders parts before Gibbs is going to start initiating some change--and I don't think we've come close to him pulling the plug on them.

Remember, he went out and got those guys himself, it's not like they were forced on him. Hopefully the two of them will come up with something better than they have so far, or adjust to what we do have, which doesn't appear to much so far.

Posted by: Megskin | September 20, 2006 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Hey scott in dallas, do me a favor, COMMENT IN A DALLAS PAPER, first off when we smoked you guys last year, you guys say new year, well stop talking about the past and those Troy Aikman Days, you had a great team back then, but now you won this first game of this year, SKINS WILL BE BETTER THAN YOU GUYS, WE GOT THE TEXANS THIS WEEK AND WE WILL BE 1-2, AFTER YOUR BYE YOU WILL BE 1-1 COMING BACK TO FACE THE TITANS AND THEN PHILLY AND THE GIANTS, YOU ARE LOOKING AT 2-3

Posted by: joemac80 | September 20, 2006 3:25 PM | Report abuse

we call complained this blog was too hard to find and there was no link on the washingtonpost.com main page... now look what happened. Idiot fans you just want to talk trash about who's lousy team is better. I'm all about the Dallas/DC rivalry (Rocket comment was a low blow)but seriously, I don't have time to sift through this crap. If all you're going to do is go back and forth about who sucks more than who, go enter a chat room.

Posted by: Dorf | September 20, 2006 3:26 PM | Report abuse

DC#1, if you lived in Dallas, you would...but maybe not since you can't sse the light! |
I live in Maryland but was born in Texas so I have no choice!

Posted by: Mike Walker | September 20, 2006 3:30 PM | Report abuse

A trip down memory lane...

. (AP) -- When Dallas Cowboys quarterback Drew Bledsoe got home from the Monday night game against the Washington Redskins last year, he found voice mails and e-mails congratulating him on the victory.

The problem was, the Cowboys didn't win the game.

Dallas blew a 13-0 lead in the final four minutes. The friends who left Bledsoe the messages live on the East Coast, and they went to bed before Santana Moss caught two long passes in a 14-13 Redskins victory that became an instant classic in the long-running Cowboys-Redskins rivalry.

"They called back the next day and said, 'I'm sorry,'" Bledsoe said.

Posted by: DC#1 | September 20, 2006 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Bledsoe didn't have that problem this year DC#1...Brunell had that problem!

Posted by: Mike | September 20, 2006 3:37 PM | Report abuse

skiny fans love to hang theyre hat on that 1 playoff win last year,what they ignore is it set a record for worst offensive performance in playoff history for any team, thats why gibbs gave up off.that game was between two very bad teams who are both 0-2!!!!and skinys needed help to even get in the playoffs!!!

Posted by: boofer ed stevens | September 20, 2006 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Ok this is real time skin fans, I say there is a internal struggle going on, Gibbs gives up control but he sees sanders is passing way too much in 4 wide, leaving Brunell no protection, which is bad for him any way because it seems is arm is shot, DID YOU GUYS SEE THOSE PASSES, IT LOOK LIKE A WOUNDED DUCK FELLAS, anyway Does Gibbs take back over the play calling or use veto powers when al calls a pass when we should run it, and the real question, HOW LONG MUST WE SUFFER WITH BRUNELL, IF WE GO 0-4, IT COULD BE TOO LATE, I WOULD RATHER LOSE WITH THE FUTURE QB BECAUSE I KNOW HE CAN CAN GET BETTER. LETS GO FELLAS

Posted by: joemac80 | September 20, 2006 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Needed help to get in the playoffs last year who are you kidding! The cowgirls are the ones who needed help, all we had to do was win and we were in...you guys needed us to lose and i believe Minnesota to lose to get in! And since we played earlier that day and won it just blew the water from underneath rickity boat you were in and lost the last game cuz you had nothing to play for nothing, nothing , nothing, nada... you just sat at home and watched us beat Tampa, yeah go ahead and say it was ugly but you know what it was still a playoff game and we won... at the end of the day a W is a W and sitting at home is still sitting at home...so there boofer ed stevens get your facts straight before you come with your weak bark up in here!

Posted by: 1trufan | September 20, 2006 3:59 PM | Report abuse

BOTH TAMPA AND SKINYS 0-2 THEY BOTH SUCK AND THATS THE PLAYOFF VICTORY LAST YEAR THAT SKINNY FANS ARE BRAGGING ABOUT!!!!!! PATHETIC

Posted by: BOOFER ED STEVENS | September 20, 2006 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Hey Mike you do have a choice ever heard of moving and you have my sympathy since you were born in Texas, of course that's nothing i'd want to brag about! So you and all the other cowpoke fans load up some 18 wheelers and go ahead and head to your favorite city we could care less!

Posted by: DC#1 | September 20, 2006 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Come on Boofer Ed, you can't be real...are you hatin because he skins we're in the playoffs and the cowgirls weren't? You and your other cowgirl friends need help, where were all you phony fans last year when we whipped you twice couldn't find a one of you. i had co-workers who are cowpuke fans who couldn't come to work sick all week, and this is just after the first loss... and after the second one the blowout at fedex i thought for sure they would need some mental counseling! it won't be long before just like last year all you cowpuke fans will be in hiding and your cowgirl junk hidden back in the closets and drawers!

Posted by: Dallassucks | September 20, 2006 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Macaca Johnson | September 20, 2006 4:14 PM | Report abuse

THEY WERE SICK FOR A WEEK YOUVE BEEN SICK 8 YEARS 15 IN A ROW BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: BOOFER ED STEVENS | September 20, 2006 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Macaca Johnson | September 20, 2006 4:16 PM | Report abuse

The fact that Dallas fans are showing up to an obscure (no disrespect Jason, it is great) Redskins blog to boast about their team's performance against our lame excuse for a football team (thus far in the season) is sad. Good win, Dallas fans. You all smoked us in the first and last quarters, but honestly, very few Skins fans could give a damn about the overall record between the two teams. Sure, it is a fun rivalry when both teams are doing good, but Dallas really padded the record against us when both teams were bad. And if the Redskins were to come back this year, though improbable, our record against Dallas means nothing. Big D fans hold that up, along with their 5 Superbowls, to show how superior they are. Just because you can beat a decrepit team in a game that you should win at home if you have any playoff aspirations does not make you hot stuff. I would be the least bit suprised if the Skins and Boys end with the same record this year. And by the way, Roy is way overrated by the media. Sean is still learning, but he is a much better all round player than Williams, who looks like a high school freshmen in coverage. Mark's inability to play QB in the NFL made him look great this past week, but don't be too confident D fans. Bledsoe will look that way soon and Romo, who had 1 good perseason game, aint gonna be a savior. Anyway...I just got to America and the real world of VA. (If i posted this 2x, i am sorry, my computer messed up)

Posted by: Macaca Johnson | September 20, 2006 4:19 PM | Report abuse

I love how Cowboys fans think that somehow their secondary is so good and did such a great job of shutting down our recievers. The fact is that Dallas D was playing a cover D all night because there was no Portis in the game. Real easy to take away the passing game when you spend your whole night playing cover the receivers because you dont fear our back-up runner. How about you come back with your sorry ass comments when we play you again and we have a healthy Portis, and all our weapons are there. Also who was sitting at home last year while we played tough games in Tampa and Seattle? Nuff Said!

Posted by: Scoob | September 20, 2006 4:20 PM | Report abuse

IF YOU CANT SEE THE PLAYOFF TEAM BEING BUILT IN DALLAS THEN YOU NEED TO TAKE OFF SKINY GLASSES!YOUR USE TO FREE AGENT BUSTS!!THE YOUNG TALENT THEYRE LOCKING UP IS GOING TO BE COMPEDITIVE A LONG TIME!! THEY WERENT READY LAST YEAR AND OBVIOUSLY SKINYS NEITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: BOOFER ED STEVENS | September 20, 2006 4:24 PM | Report abuse

HAHA - I spit on you and laugh in your faces. This team has a history of getting rid of their talent (Champ Bailey, Trent Green et el) and pickup old used has-beens (Brunell, DSanders, BSmith, etc.)

Posted by: LaVar Arrington | September 20, 2006 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Playoff team they are building? Who is going to coach this playoff team next year when the TUNA retires, because they wont make it this year. Cowboys are always over hyped, and with no clear runner, and a QB as old as Brunnell, you are all in the same boat as us. The only difference is that you won a game that you SHOULD have won anyway if your team was so good, and week two does not make a season. Let talk more after you come into FedEx and get your asses stomped like last year, and we can chat even more with all that free time you CowSucks will have sitting at home in January, just like every other over hyped year....

Posted by: Scoob | September 20, 2006 4:30 PM | Report abuse

ITS AMUSING TO SEE ALL THE DENIAL FROM SKINY FANS!!GOT YOUR BUTTS SPANKED ON NATIONAL TV AND STILL TALKING TRASH I LUV IT!!

Posted by: BOOFER ED STEVENS | September 20, 2006 4:30 PM | Report abuse

SKINYS HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL BE BOYS BI**HS!!!WE OWN YOU! EVERY MEANINGFUL RECORD IS OURS !!DONT BE WHINERSSSSSSSS.

Posted by: BOOFER ED STEVENS | September 20, 2006 4:32 PM | Report abuse

who is the boofer ed character and what's this sick 8 years 15 in a row, is that dallas math, because in the real world it was stopped at 14 with the two wins we had last year. And furthermore quit sipping on that mirky cool-aid you cowgirl fans drink it's making you all dilusional... to think you're going to make the playoffs ha ha!!! Hey isn't that phony physic Ms Cleo from Dallas is she feeding you guys all this crap? Hey i got some beach front property in Kileen, Tx you all want to buy in??? Don't get too excited after two weeks of football the real teams start to show up as you get into the season remember how we won all those games down the stretch and you guys didn't, i think you did just the opposite. Anyhow it's way to soon to be talking trash now, but make sure you're still around in about 8 - 10 weeks when things start to form and take shape, that's if all you cowpuke fans haven't committed yourselves or jumped on the bandwagon of some other team...

Posted by: dallassucks | September 20, 2006 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Hey Boofer or Goofey Ed, did you escape from some mental institution? I mean come on really, i think i've seen you at some of the skins games the drunk guy the police are always escorting out... Anyhow my friend as i recall no team has ever been awarded the Lombardi that would be the Superbowl trophy after 2 weeks in and a record of 1-1 nor 0-2, so loosen that noose around your neck and come see us again oh say early December when things really get to cooking! I know you cowgirl fans think the game against us is the Superbowl which would mean you lost both the big games last year, but we still have a game against you and don't forget you still got to beat other teams so to be thinking of that no count team you root for as a playoff team you better a good hard look at what you got and what's ahead and the light ain't gettin no brighter!

Posted by: Redskin Country | September 20, 2006 4:42 PM | Report abuse

BREAKING NEWS!!! TO GET SKINS BACK ON WINING TRACK DAN SNYDER HAS ORDERED ALL COACHES AND PLAYERS TO PRACTICE SCIENTOLOGY

Posted by: BOOFER ED STEVENS | September 20, 2006 4:53 PM | Report abuse

KNOW YOUR ENEMYS MORE THAN YOUR FRIENDS!! THAT IS WHY BOY FANS READ THIS PAPER! SO WE KNOW WHAT WERE TALKING ABOUT! UNLIKE SKINY FANS WHO ONLY LOOK AT ONE SIDE!!THAT IS WHY YOUR SO MISERABLE!!!!!

Posted by: BOOFER ED STEVENS | September 20, 2006 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Taylor didnt get beat on the Glenn touchdown. During the broadcast they clearly show Archuleta biting on the playaction. They were in 2 deep coverage with Taylor having one half and Archuleta the other. When Archuleta bit, Taylor had to halve the field while Glenn was matched on Marshall. All Archuleta on that one.

The earlier Crayton TD he shouldve stepped up earlier, but again, the coverage was blown as he had the back of the endzone. Holdman bit the play fake on that one and Taylor had to come up late.

Basically, he played his assignments both times, but couldve done more to help.

Posted by: jperkmd82 | September 20, 2006 5:36 PM | Report abuse

SHAWN SPRING BACK AT PRACTICE...WELL AT LEAST FOR A LITTLE WHILE...HE HAD TO LEAVE WITH A STRAINED GROIN...GOOD 'OL INJURY PRONE SHAWN SPRINGS

Posted by: Rob | September 20, 2006 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Taylor has superior defensive back skills to Roy Williams. However, Roy Williams has superior line of scrimmage ability. Who's better just depends what your team needs most.

Taylor has to stop getting penalites. I'm not sure he will ever develop that self-discipline.

Posted by: Greg P | September 20, 2006 5:49 PM | Report abuse

taylor's nothing but a bum with a bad attitude. on a team filled with bum's with even less attitude and talent so he looks strong in comparison. (and it doesn't really matter how hard he hits as I don't see that measure tracked on the scoreboard.)

you skin's fans kill me. every year the fall and winter months are perfect ... hearing the never ending excuses, whining, panty wringing, and what ifs ...

skin's will continue to suck until ownership focuses on long-term plan -- not immediate gratification.

Prediction: cowboys v. jaguars - this year's Super Bowl.

Posted by: bates | September 20, 2006 5:57 PM | Report abuse

TAYLOR WAS THE CENTERFIELDER ON GLEN TD QUIT MAKING EXCUSES!! HE WATCHED OWENS GOING DOWN OTHER SIDELINE AND WAS LATE GETTING TO GLEN!!QUIT WHINING GUYS

Posted by: Anonymous | September 20, 2006 5:59 PM | Report abuse

Bates, I wonder how you can actually predict the Cowboys to make the Super Bowl. The fact that you think that team is far superior to the Skins -- and the fact that you think Taylor is a bum -- tells me all I need to know about your football knowledge. You also act like Dallas doesn't have an owner who focuses on "immediate gratification." Please. Jerry Jones is just as bad. Both these teams are in the same boat right now with aging, essentially immobile quarterbacks and below average secondaries.

Posted by: Colin | September 20, 2006 6:14 PM | Report abuse

Wow, anyone who thinks Dallas is making it to the super bowl is just as deluded as we get every offseason. And, as Colin says, Jerry Jones is totally as bad as Snyder, he just doesn't have Snyder's gift for making a fool out of himself with movie stars.

The difference between Dallas fans and Skins fans is: we know the midget is taking us for a ride, skimming all the money off of us he can, but we love the team regardless and still support them. There's not a whole hell of lot we can do to get rid of him at this point. You guys, on the other hand, believe everything that comes out of Jones' yap. Keep on drinking the KoolAid--as least we know we have to eat a sh**sandwhich.

And don't you guys have some newspaper in Dallas you go call and yap-yap-yap your mouths off? Oh wait, I forgot, this was the equivalent of your playoffs. Enjoy!

Posted by: Megskin | September 20, 2006 7:12 PM | Report abuse

wawawawawawawawawawawhiners

Posted by: boofer ed stevens | September 20, 2006 7:25 PM | Report abuse

wow children...that was ammusing for the first 20 or so comments but getting old fast...funny though to see the dallas fans on here talking trash in a Redskins blog with arguments that carry no weight (roy williams single handedly shutting down the skins offense...taylor getting burned for 3 tds...my dads bigger than your dad...blah blah blah)...someone is obviously insecure enough with their team that they feel the need to talk trash to skins fans to make themselves feel better about their own sorry outlook...talk about pathetic...i think if your team was any good youd be in your own chat room blowing each other...

PDIDDY...i got the same plans on Sunday...watch the Skins on Sunday Ticket and roll on down to Quest Field to catch the Giants lose to the Hawks...btw...your opening weekend was sick...you get around boy...i dont know how you do it...

Skins Nation...love Taylor and like the idea of him taking the occasional personal foul to strike added fear into opposing receivers but the dude needs to pick better times to do that...not on 3rd downs, not when the other team is pinned in inside of the 5 yard line, not in the 4th quarter when the game is in the balance...they need to be momentum changing positives not negatives...dude is a monster but he needs to play smarter not tougher...focus a little more on the coverage than the big hit...he was touted a ball hawk as well coming out of college...you know its there...

Posted by: seattle deadskin | September 20, 2006 7:46 PM | Report abuse

Wow, what used to be a fun dialogue with Jason (who is the only one among us who actually talks to real NFL players on a daily basis) has degenerated into children posting for no reason other than they just discovered their keyboard.

Folks, chill. Please.

Deadskin: I love Qwest Field. I hate Seattle with an undying passion, but they built themselves a really nice little stadium. I'm not sure who I want to see lose this Giants/Hawks game more.

The one stadium I really want to see is the new Cardinals Stadium. Sure, it looks like a Georg Jensen-designed urinal cake, but it's refreshing that it doesn't look like yet another cookie cutter HOK stadium.

Posted by: P Diddy | September 20, 2006 8:06 PM | Report abuse

OK, I've take it upon myself to look at the positive in all this. What's that? "You're insane Meg!" you say? Quite possibly, but let's take a look at the positive aspects (tomorrow I'll be back to my normal doom&gloom and whining about how bad we are); all this garbage from Dallas fans actually makes me feel quite good about the team. Onward with the positives:

1)Taylor: Yup, he can still knock the bejeebus out of anyone and he's with us and not in jail (think positive right?)

2)Portis should be well rested...maybe a bit too well rested but anyways. Fresh legs for our first win of the season...whenever that might be.

3)Carter sure is fast, and sexy. Unfortunately he has no idea where the QB is, but he sure as heck looks good running the wrong way.

4)Brunell couldn't possibly get any worse. Right? Right? Someone back me up here...where's my valium?

5)A 700 page playbook is a big positive, cause the first 150 pages sure didn't work out, we've got 550 pages out of which something might work.

6)Archuletta knows how to tackle, which is pretty good considering he sure as heck can't cover. Maybe he'll learn that part along the way.

7)The O-line has got to be so embarrassed at this point you figure their really gonna take it out on some poor team and just steamroll right over them. There is someone worse than us, right? Someone? Anyone?

8)The Wide Receivers are so fast you figure at some point the wrong guy from a crossing pattern will be able to catch up to one of those lame ducks before it skips off the turf.

9)No more Monday night football next year. Really, I can't take another visual of Tony's hair. That is just SO wrong.

All in all a perfectly good list of what's right in Redskin Nation. Yay! Try the veal, I hear it's pretty good. I'll be here all week.

Posted by: Megskin | September 20, 2006 8:28 PM | Report abuse

pdiddy...im with you bro but i figure seattle with their schedule is a lock for their division and at least second in the nfc...so im all about the giants losing as that bodes better for the skins...otherwise nothing makes me happier than to see the hawks loose and the whinning start...and yeah that is a super sweet stadium...just like its older brother safeco...ill be there...the one wearing the burgundy Ricky Ervins throwback jersey!!!

positives people positives...we're in a hole...it looks and feels bad...but it looked and felt worse at 5-6 last year!!!

Posted by: seattle deadskin | September 20, 2006 9:14 PM | Report abuse

Any team in the NFC East could win the div and it won't mean squat. None of the east teams are capable of going all the way to Seattle for a win. And the road WILL go through Seattle again, so quit fooling yourselves. Hawks will wrap up the west by Dec and homefield soon after.

Posted by: Danny sux ballz | September 20, 2006 10:34 PM | Report abuse

Jason, I got sick of all this Cowboy nonsense and decided I would read the "full rules" concerning washingtonpost.com's posting regulations to see what I, the loyal reader, could do to better our sullied forum... Unfortunately, I have uncovered a policy breach concerning you, the author. Appendix three of the aforementioned guidelines clearly state and I quote "You understand and agree that the discussion forums are to be used only for non-commercial purposes. You may not solicit funds, promote commercial entities or otherwise engage in commercial activity in our discussion forums." Mr. La Canfora, you have been found in violation of these said rules by generating discussion promoting whether indirectly or directly certain products unsanctioned by washingtonpost.com and its affiliates. These products include Fatheads.com and Bill Parcell's Instructional Videos. As I possess no powers concerning discipline in this matter I would request that you simply offer me a small payoff to keep quiet. Tickets to an upcoming home game could be a viable solution. The pigskin is on your 20 yard line.

Posted by: Dorf | September 20, 2006 10:34 PM | Report abuse

When Taylor wears a ring or is NFL Defensive Player of the Year he might be able to be mentioned in the same breath as the really premier safeties in the NFL - Reed of Baltimore and Polamalu of Pittsburg. From the looks of things the Skins have two safeties with big reps for being hitters, but can't cover.

Posted by: ed | September 21, 2006 6:16 AM | Report abuse

1 more time.

SKINS SUCK!!!

BUT SO DOES DALLAS!!!

IT'S TIME FORE BRUNELL TO STFU and PUT UP OR GET OUT!!! HE SUCKS SOOOOO BAD. I CANNOT BELIEVE HE IS STILL THE STARTING QB. HE SAID EVERYONE HAS TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE LOSS. HE SHORT HOPPED THROWS ON 15 - 20 YARD PATTERNS. THAT IS LIKE CAL RIPKEN SHORT HOPPING THROWS TO 1st ON ROUTINE PLAYS.

BUT DALLAS SUCK JUST AS MUCH. IT SEEMS LIKE, IF THEY GO 2 - 14 (with 2 wins vs SKINS) THEY WOULD BE HAPPY. well, GOOD FOR THEM...

FOOTBALL IN DC SUCKS!!! SKINS SUCK!!!! BRUNELL SUCK!!!!!!!!

Posted by: KIM | September 21, 2006 8:54 AM | Report abuse

1) Never argue football with a cowboys fan. Don't bother to explain what player has what responsibilities on the field, and for God's sake, do not attempt to break down a play for them. They do NOT understand foodball. They only understand hype, which is probably why they are cowboys "fans" to begin with. Most of them cannot name 5 starters on both sides of the ball on "their" team. They only shoot off the names of whatever players are in the highlights (or lowlights, depending on how you look at it) in the most recent game against the Redskins.

2) Do not even bother to read the opinions of the cowboys fan on this site. I would be willing to bet they are almost ALL from the DC/MD/VA area, which means they are really only Dallass "fans" because they are ANTI-Redskin. It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. But, if you think about it, it explains why they are obsessed with, flock to, and hound Internet areas of discussion about the Redskins. It also helps to understand why they behave as if they've won the Super Bowl because of a regular season win against the Skins when they haven't sniffed the Lombardy in recent memory.

3) The 3rd, and perhaps strongest, argument for disregarding anything they say is that of the 2 teams being discussed in this blog, only 1 of them is near the top of the list of the worst teams in the league in the past decade, and it's NOT the Redskins. LOL And, from what I've seen of them lately, there's no reason to believe the Tuna will lead them to any greater success.

NFL teams with the worst records the past 10 years:

W L T Pct.
1 Texans 18 46 0 .281
2 Browns 36 76 0 .321
3 Cardinals 56 104 0 .350
4 Lions 57 103 0 .356
5 Bengals 61 99 0 .381
6 Saints 63 97 0 .394
7 Chargers 64 96 0 .400
8 Bears 66 94 0 .413
9 Raiders 73 87 0 .456
10 Falcons 73 86 1 .459
11 Cowboys 74 86 0 .463

Posted by: The Truth Bearer | September 21, 2006 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Uggh! Don't bring up the stats!

From 1996 through 2005 the Redskins are:

77-82-1 .484

That stinks! It's hardly better than Ol' Dallas. Let's forget those years and move on; both of these teams have been so bad for so long it's not even worth getting in a spitting match about it--even though Sean Taylor would win that one hands down

Posted by: Megskin | September 21, 2006 10:22 AM | Report abuse

I could say my opinion but why not listen to Pete Prisco in an article written at the begginning of the year on the leagues most overrated players:

"So who's the league's most overrated? There are a lot of name players to choose from, but the winner is Dallas Cowboys safety Roy Williams. He isn't nearly as good as his reputation, which is Lone Star big.

Who's in the background, eating Santana Moss' dust? Why, it's Pro Bowl safety Roy Williams. (Getty Images)
Williams played in his third consecutive Pro Bowl after the 2005 season, but he certainly hasn't performed to that level. Williams is a good hitter when in the box, but he struggles in coverage, which is why teams were able to exploit the Cowboys with some big plays last season.

Anyone who saw the Cowboys blow that Monday night game to the Redskins saw that Williams can be trouble in coverage. The Redskins twice threw over the top of him for fourth-quarter touchdowns."

Posted by: Skinzfanz | September 21, 2006 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Dorf - the check is in the mail. You got me. I am on the payroll for Fathead, Backyard Football Drills. I will meet a swift demise like all of those corporate hacks at HP. Howard Bryant will be taking over the blog. I will be covering city council meetings in DC from here on out, where my experience in taking brides will no doubt serve me well.
Signing off. Enjoy Howard. He's way funnier than I am, anyway.
Cheers.

Posted by: Jason La Canfora | September 21, 2006 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Oh now we have the lame duck fans from the water drenched left coast... quit sipping on that starbucks coffee! Seattle's a joke, if there was any competition in there division they wouldn't have had the record nor home field last year! You see we took Alexander the wimp out of the game early last year in the playoffs, the jinx is still on ya for this year don't get comfortable because you're 2-0 right now it starts small and snowballs each game... if they hadn't forced Brunell on us for that game up there i think we would've took you guys out! Also at some point and time sports writers/announcers and sports talk pukes will have to realize just because we're fans don't mean we don't know football, there are a great number of fans who know more football then those writes and yackers in print and on radio! So please quit giving me that Joe the fan doesn't know what he's talking about! Half the guys who write and talk on sports talk have never played a down so what makes them think their knowledge is superior to ours!

Posted by: 1trufan | September 21, 2006 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Hey DC#1, I love it here...especially that twice a year beating that we put on ya team! Last year was a fluke! Lose to the Texans and the blog will be empty next week...

Posted by: Mike Walker | September 21, 2006 2:35 PM | Report abuse

PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING

Year Cowboys Redskins Scores
2005 0-2 2-0 14-13 / 35-7
2004 2-0 0-2 21-18 / 13-10
2003 2-0 0-2 21-14 / 27-0
2002 1-1 1-1 27-20 / 14-20
2001 2-0 0-2 9-7 / 20-14
2000 2-0 0-2 27-21 / 32-13
1999 2-0 0-2 41-35 / 38-20
1998 2-0 0-2 31-10 / 23-7
Dallas won 13 of 16; Skins only won 3 of 16

Holla back when yall catch up!

Posted by: Mike Walker | September 21, 2006 2:44 PM | Report abuse

BREAKING NEWS!! DAN SNYDER trying to acquire brett farve from green bay!!dont worry jason i have inside info!!!!

Posted by: tom cruise | September 21, 2006 4:27 PM | Report abuse

PORTIS WAS SCARED TO PLAY DALLAS CAUSE HE AND GIBBY KNEW ROY WOULD BREAK THAT SHOULDER!!!!

Posted by: NOT SKIN FAN | September 21, 2006 4:42 PM | Report abuse

It will a silent tomb here when they lose next week to the Texans. The only sound will be the laughter of cowboys fans echoing off the walls....

Posted by: patrick | September 21, 2006 6:54 PM | Report abuse

dam, ya'll

the big tuna is da man...he put a firecracker up the defense ass and they won the game. did you see brunells run around like a chikn. that boy cant see his ass from his elbo. i love that secundary of ya'lls, it's just to bad TO broke his dam pinky

Posted by: jerry jones | September 21, 2006 8:39 PM | Report abuse