Cowboys Up 7-0 After One Quarter

Jason La Canfora files an abbreviated post because of a computer issue

The Cowboys were looking for Jason Witten all the time on third down but the TD pass from Tony Romo came on first down. The Cowboys sacked Jason Campbell twice, both times with four-man rushes, not blitzes.

By Cindy Boren  |  September 28, 2008; 5:00 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Sellers Walking on Sidelines
Next: Skins Lead 17-10 at Half

Comments

TD Skins!

Posted by: Eumctom | September 28, 2008 5:07 PM | Report abuse

TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 28, 2008 5:08 PM | Report abuse

The Thrash Bash is in full attack!!

Posted by: Thundershock | September 28, 2008 5:08 PM | Report abuse

no wonder, it's jasno computer behind the slowness. . .

Posted by: skinsfan8KaboveMSL | September 28, 2008 5:08 PM | Report abuse

1st TD!!

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 28, 2008 5:08 PM | Report abuse

So whats up with the field, Jason if you read this can you have someone tell you if they spread KY gel on the grass.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 28, 2008 5:09 PM | Report abuse

WOOHOO!!!

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
HAIL VICTORY
BRAVES ON THE WARPATH
FIGHT FOR OLE DC

Did they water down the turf before the game? Lots of slippage.

Posted by: sfskin | September 28, 2008 5:09 PM | Report abuse

who's getting old? not #24 . .

Posted by: skinsfan8KaboveMSL | September 28, 2008 5:13 PM | Report abuse

nice stand by the "d"

Posted by: Eumctom | September 28, 2008 5:13 PM | Report abuse

I like what the D is doing, but don't want to get over confidant as a viewer.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 28, 2008 5:15 PM | Report abuse

I'd like to report that I'm being abused by slow loseable type.

GREAT D!

Posted by: sfskin | September 28, 2008 5:15 PM | Report abuse

I liked the way Campbell hung in on that play and found Randle El (altho I called for a pass to Cooley).

Posted by: Cindy Boren | September 28, 2008 5:19 PM | Report abuse

I'm still so nervous. I've been nervous all week (if my other post goes up I'm being repetitive).

I'm nervous to even say this - Soups is looking very strong and solid despite the sacks.

Watching through my fingers.

Posted by: sfskin | September 28, 2008 5:20 PM | Report abuse

Bada bada bing.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 28, 2008 5:21 PM | Report abuse

YEEEEEEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW

Holy Shmoly! I mean what a game! WOOOO!

HTTR
HTTR
HTTR
HTTR
HTTR

Posted by: sfskin | September 28, 2008 5:22 PM | Report abuse

ARE

Posted by: isnadd | September 28, 2008 5:24 PM | Report abuse

I would like for Cooley to finally get a TD - against Dallas, it would be sweet! :)

Posted by: suzannepdc | September 28, 2008 5:27 PM | Report abuse

HTTR! T.O. can't and won't shake off Springs!!

Posted by: realchica | September 28, 2008 5:27 PM | Report abuse

need another score now to shut those pokes up

Posted by: mikeysuperdons | September 28, 2008 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Playing so so so hard NFC EAST FOOTBALL F***ing Violence.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 28, 2008 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Randle El is doing a little better on the returns. Skins need to keep piling the points up and be aggressive, cause Dallas will come out gunning in the second half. TO is getting shut down!

Posted by: ga8085 | September 28, 2008 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Stout D making us look good!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 28, 2008 5:27 PM | Report abuse

dang- the "D" looks great

Posted by: Eumctom | September 28, 2008 5:27 PM | Report abuse

defense suddenly looking very good. . .

amazing what a D can do when the O isn't putting up 3 & outs. . .

Posted by: skinsfan8KaboveMSL | September 28, 2008 5:29 PM | Report abuse

These Cowboys appear to be made of butter.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | September 28, 2008 5:30 PM | Report abuse

3rd and goal baby, lets do it!!!

Posted by: realchica | September 28, 2008 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Wow. Last year, JC would have been off on a wide open throw to Santana. AMAZING! Now, we just need to make it into a TD!!

Posted by: suzannepdc | September 28, 2008 5:32 PM | Report abuse

My name is Jason Campbell I date hot women drive hot cars and kick cowboy @ss through the air

Posted by: alex35332 | September 28, 2008 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Cowgirls getting ra$$ed right now... But lets keep our cool..

Posted by: cocodc1 | September 28, 2008 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Dudes! Get on twitter to have a real conversation today!! This waiting 2 min for you post to show up is so...52K speed!

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 28, 2008 5:34 PM | Report abuse

Zorn Attacks. Gotta love it.

Posted by: Realness1 | September 28, 2008 5:36 PM | Report abuse

Malcomb Kelley, Billy McMullen would have both been better for that last play.
alley oop to little Santana Moss?

But I will take a ten point lead...

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | September 28, 2008 5:37 PM | Report abuse

Come on DEFENSE!

Posted by: sfskin | September 28, 2008 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Is it me or after this registration the site is much slower on commenting??

Posted by: cocodc1 | September 28, 2008 5:39 PM | Report abuse

We need to rotate the Dline they are taking 4 days to get to romo.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 28, 2008 5:40 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe they let Romo get out of the pocket like that!

Posted by: jiacinto | September 28, 2008 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Bad clock management for DAL.

Posted by: jiacinto | September 28, 2008 5:41 PM | Report abuse

why did we not just sack Romo there?? They cannot get a score here!

Posted by: realchica | September 28, 2008 5:41 PM | Report abuse

17-10 at the half. DAL gets the ball to start the 2nd half.

Posted by: jiacinto | September 28, 2008 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Wish we'd stopped them w/out FG but you know what I will take it. Really really good half.

Curious to know what Campbell doubters think about Soups now? Not calling you out playground fashion or anything. I actually really wonder what you think.

Posted by: sfskin | September 28, 2008 5:47 PM | Report abuse

F All JC haters!

Posted by: chrislarry | September 28, 2008 5:48 PM | Report abuse

D has to play hard coming out in the half.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 28, 2008 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Way to go, you Redskins!

The math is simple now. Win the second half, you win the game.

How about my man James Thrash?! Freakin' sweet.

Posted by: freakzilla | September 28, 2008 5:50 PM | Report abuse

use a wing formation!!

Posted by: alex35332 | September 28, 2008 5:54 PM | Report abuse

PPPPPLEASEEEEEE........

Posted by: mikeysuperdons | September 28, 2008 5:54 PM | Report abuse

We really need to get more pressure on Romo - sorry, but I really want to see him sacked like a rag doll!

Posted by: suzannepdc | September 28, 2008 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Too bad JC had to step up to avoid the rush on the last pass to Moss. Otherwise, that's a TD.

Posted by: freakzilla | September 28, 2008 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Has anyone noticed Portis not playing much?
HTTR

Posted by: skins1976 | September 28, 2008 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Where is that moron Corkczar.....lucky to finish the season 4-12....HAHA.......take your piece of crap loyalty elsewhere! I bet now you are bragging about how right you were about the Skins to all of your friends. Bashing Vinny's draft...I can't believe he had such horrible draft choices like Horton and Kareem Moore who are doing absolutely nothing. We need some tool like you as GM.

Posted by: RobInVaBeach | September 28, 2008 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RobInVaBeach | September 28, 2008 5:59 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: Cindy Boren | September 28, 2008 6:30 PM | Report abuse

This blog is driving me crazy!

We need to get some points on this drive!

Posted by: suzannepdc | September 28, 2008 6:33 PM | Report abuse