Redskins are NFL's second most valuable team

Despite a 4-12 record and fan unrest, the Redskins remained the NFL's second highest-valued franchise, according to Forbes' 2010 NFL Valuations, released Wednesday.

The Redskins, among professional sports' most profitable franchises throughout owner Daniel Snyder's 11-year tenure, are worth $1.55 billion, the magazine reports. The value of the franchise did not change from last season.

Washington had $353 million in revenue and $103.7 million in operating income last season. In the NFL, only the NFC East rival Dallas Cowboys are more profitable than the Redskins.

According to Forbes, the Cowboys are worth $1.805 billion - a nine-percent increase from the previous year. Owner Jerry Jones's team had $420 million in revenues and $143.3 million in operating income. The Redskins play host to the Cowboys on Sept. 12 at FedEx Field.

By Jason Reid  |  August 25, 2010; 6:02 PM ET
Categories:  Daniel M. Snyder
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Shanahan: McNabb unlikely to play in preseason finale
Next: Devin Thomas eager to help offense and showcase himself

Comments

I've just watched a large part of the Saints v. Texans preseason game.

Can anybody explain why Chase Daniels was released last year?

He's pretty good.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 25, 2010 6:23 PM | Report abuse

Bring on the Dallas trolls.

I'd say this - The fact that we've been terrible for 10 years and still the 2nd most valuable franchise goes to show what kind of fanbase we have - loyal to a fault.

Unlike the frontrunning bandwagon Cowboy fans...

Posted by: Rypien11 | August 25, 2010 6:24 PM | Report abuse

the Skins valuations will drop if it becomes apparent that Danny has no waiting list.

Not sure what the ticket prices are, but its hard to keep prices up when the intense demand isn't there.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 25, 2010 6:26 PM | Report abuse

Can anybody explain why Chase Daniels was released last year?

He's pretty good.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 25, 2010 6:23 PM

You do remember who we had running the team? We always cut young safe players with upside and kept the risky players with marginal... anything.

Posted by: Keiser | August 25, 2010 6:28 PM | Report abuse

Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 25, 2010 2:50 PM

I'm sure the absolute hypocrisy is completely lost on this bleeting retard. Put your helmet back on son, you're playing with the big girls.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 3:52 PM

Relax scamp. It's a Simpsons quote.

Posted by: mack1 | August 25, 2010 6:29 PM | Report abuse

Telling scamp to "relax" is like telling an infant to get over their binky.

ain't gonna happen.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 25, 2010 6:33 PM | Report abuse

Yeah scamp. Like you said yesterday (i'm paraphrasing), leave it to me to throw out an obscure Simpsons line and have you not get it at all.

What a buffoon.

Gemahlene Nüsse zugeben und
Den Teig verkneten

Augenballgroße Stücke vom Teig formen
I'm Staubzucker wälzen und
Sagt die Zauberwörter
Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim

Auf ein gefettetes Backblech legen und
Bei zweihundert Grad für fünfzehn Minuten backen und
KEINE EIER

Bei zweihundert Grad für fünfzehn Minuten backen und
Keine Eier...

Yeah, now what?!?!?!?!?!?!

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 25, 2010 6:36 PM | Report abuse

Us Redskins fans are so incredibly loyal.

Posted by: rachel216 | August 25, 2010 6:37 PM | Report abuse

This multiple browser thing is nifty.

Who shall I be next?

Whatever it is, I'll be sure to use an underscore.

It's my signature, and TE is totally onto me.

That clever man!

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 25, 2010 6:38 PM | Report abuse

...it's about time we get rewarded for our loyalty, btw.

Posted by: rachel216 | August 25, 2010 6:38 PM | Report abuse

I've just watched a large part of the Saints v. Texans preseason game.

Can anybody explain why Chase Daniels was released last year?

He's pretty good.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 25, 2010 6:23 PM
------------------------------------------
My understanding was it was their intent to put him on the developmental roster after they released him but the Saints cut a deal with him. The problem with the developmental roster is anyone can poach it. It's not a safe place to squirrel away players which is why we have some teams fudging injuries to players to keep them around (ahem*Colt Brennan last year*ahem). I hope this is also addressed with a new CBA. What I would really like to see is a true farm system for NFL teams like prefessional baseball. Then they would have a system that works for developing players.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 25, 2010 6:42 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, now what?!?!?!?!?!?!

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 25, 2010 6:36 PM |

Eat your eggless cake ?

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 6:43 PM | Report abuse

MimiAnsari???

I missed that one.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 25, 2010 6:44 PM | Report abuse

redskinhead

(relax, it's moe in disguise)

"My understanding was it was their intent to put him (Chase Daniels)
on the developmental roster after they released him, but the Saints cut a deal with him."

That, obviously, was a bad idea, as it also suggests someone felt C Brennen was a better prospect than Chase.

Chase Daniels should still be a redskin.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 25, 2010 6:59 PM | Report abuse

Poopy

I just dropped some Cleveland Browns off at the stadium.

On the way out, they bragged that they were going to have a good, stinking game.

But, alas, with one push of a button, I sent all their hopes for victory down the drain.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 25, 2010 7:06 PM | Report abuse

Poopy

I just dropped some Cleveland Browns off at the stadium.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 25, 2010 7:06 PM | Report abuse

Unlike the frontrunning bandwagon Cowboy fans...

Posted by: Rypien11 | August 25, 2010 6:24 PM | Report abuse
________

It also says that Danny boy has entered into some very lucrative marketing and sponsorship agreements. Say what you will about his football savvy (we all know he's a huge zero) but he's been great from a marketing standpoint. That's the only way he has money to throw away on all the useless free agents like deion sanders, Brandon Lloyd, et al. It's even more impressive considering that we don't have PSLs.

Posted by: skinsfan713 | August 25, 2010 7:10 PM | Report abuse

Just catching up on here...looks like there was quite a bit of activity. Loved this quote from LaRon in the article about him today:

"Coming into this year, I know if I don't put out, I possibly won't be here."

Two thoughts: 1) That's what she said. 2) He's right. I think next year is the last year of his contract so truer words have never been spoken...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 25, 2010 7:10 PM | Report abuse

Pop Warner football practice going down at the park across the street -- 5 days a friggin week -- no back talking or complaining -- doing exactly like the coaches tell them -- working their collective arses off.

AH take note.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 25, 2010 7:13 PM | Report abuse

So, I know I put it out there before. I'm nothing if not persistent.
Haynesworth nickname: Haynes-the underpants boy, aka H-tub

Posted by: MrChili | August 25, 2010 7:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 3:52 PM
---

Well, I'm taking a page out of your playbook yesterday and think its funny that you didn't know some obscure Simpson's line. Geez, what mo-ron doesn't know that.

Also, if you want we can meet up at Big Bear. Only live an hour from there.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 25, 2010 5:47 PM

First off, I got the reference tardo, but posting it right after calling someone else a bigot makes you a hypocrit. Second, are you really trying to threaten me? I'll be in Big Bear this weekend homer if you really are. For some reason though I see you as a coward that hides behind the glow of a computer screen. 3rd, the Simpsons became unfunny as soon as Family Guy hit the airwaves.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 7:33 PM | Report abuse

brownwood

"I think next year is the last year of his (LL) contract so truer words have never been spoken..."

When you consider just how they've changed how he is to function in the new scheme, I'd say he will receive a big money contract.

If not from us, from someone else.

LL should be a dynamite strong safety.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 25, 2010 7:40 PM | Report abuse

3rd, the Simpsons became unfunny as soon as Family Guy hit the airwaves.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 7:33 PM |

Whoa. This is where we part ways scamp. Because without the former, the latter wouldn't exist. Also Family Guy is a little hacky.

Posted by: mack1 | August 25, 2010 7:44 PM | Report abuse

This posting thing is sick when you have a cold and are high on cold medicine.

My head just is not clear.

I'm out, I gotta sleep.

HTTR.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 25, 2010 7:44 PM | Report abuse

"Redskins are NFL's second most valuable team"

...and yet here we are stuck with amateur hour disguised as "insiders".

Posted by: stevek20147 | August 25, 2010 7:51 PM | Report abuse

here we are stuck with amateur hour disguised as "insiders".

Posted by: stevek20147 | August 25, 2010 7:51 PM

This is why the Washington Post is not the second most valuable media company.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 25, 2010 7:54 PM | Report abuse

3rd, the Simpsons became unfunny as soon as Family Guy hit the airwaves.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 7:33 PM |

Posted by: mack1 | August 25, 2010 7:44 PM |

Not denying the original genius of the Simpsons. It was my favorite show for years. And yes Family Guy is a little hacky and the jokes are much less disguised then in the Simpsons. You have to be a bit more perceptive to pick up on some of them. But Family Guy is just the most insulting piece of funny crap out there and so the Simpson's have passed the torch (IMO).

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 7:56 PM | Report abuse

Yeah scamp, why don't you pull over on, oh say, the I-10, and we can sort out our differences.

Have fun at big bear though. It's just a tad bit overrated, but that's probably why you go there.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 25, 2010 8:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 25, 2010 8:00 PM |

I thought you said you'd meet me there? Not gonna happen huh? That's alright, I'm not much of a fighter these days anyhow. Back in the day was a diffferent story. As far as Big Bear, keep up d-bag. I just moved here like 3 months ago, I'm checking 'em all out. You got a better place for trout? I'm all ears.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 8:08 PM | Report abuse

Not sure if this has been posted before, but FWIW

Tackle Tyler Polumbus has been claimed off waivers by the Detroit Lions. He was waived by the Broncos on Tuesday.
about 4 hours ago via TweetDeck
Retweeted by 6 people

Posted by: TWISI | August 25, 2010 8:17 PM | Report abuse

I hear you scamp. Have checked out Louis CK's new show on fx? Good stuff.

Posted by: mack1 | August 25, 2010 8:21 PM | Report abuse

I've just watched a large part of the Saints v. Texans preseason game.

Can anybody explain why Chase Daniels was released last year?

He's pretty good.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 25, 2010 6:23 PM

Senor Moe,

I get pissed about this kinda stuff all the time. Marko Mitchell, pretty good, too. It's egos, draft order, and politics. Keeping Chase and releasing Colt would have basically been like admitting you made a mistake. Happens all the time.

Now, WHY they threw Marko Mitchell out with the old regime, I have no idea. I suspect they didn't watch film on him. Whatever. I know there are excuses, route running, etc. But all you have to do is look at Kelly and those excuses are sh$#t. We got Furrey and Wade and ...

Would have been nice to have a talented guy still LOOKING for that pay day.

But, what do I know? I'm just an idiot until I buy that NFL team. Then, I'm Jerrah!

Posted by: Thinker_ | August 25, 2010 8:26 PM | Report abuse

Not sure if this has been posted before, but FWIW

about 4 hours ago via TweetDeck
Retweeted by 6 people

Posted by: TWISI | August 25, 2010 8:17 PM

They got another tackle off waivers yesterday. They played the game last year of claiming everyone off waivers and they were able to trade a few of them for late-round picks. Wonder if the 'Skins put in a claim on Plumbus.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 25, 2010 8:26 PM | Report abuse

Second most valuable team in the NFL and lately the product on the field has been a crock of crap ........ only in America.

Posted by: 72Redskins | August 25, 2010 8:29 PM | Report abuse

I hear you scamp. Have checked out Louis CK's new show on fx? Good stuff.

Posted by: mack1 | August 25, 2010 8:21 PM |

I don't think so. What's it called?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 8:30 PM | Report abuse

Jerry Jones had to spend a billion $ on that new playground in order to edge the Skins by 9%...whateves.

The fact that the Skins are 2nd most valuable considering the bad gameday experience at Fed-Up Field and the perennial losing says something about the Skins fanbase - good or bad, I don't know, but it definitely says something.

Posted by: p1funk | August 25, 2010 8:48 PM | Report abuse

It says glutton for punishment.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 8:51 PM | Report abuse

If you factor in the value of Lav Coles's house, does that push the Skins over the top?

Posted by: SMACK1 | August 25, 2010 8:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | August 25, 2010 8:48 PM

Probably says more about the way that Forbes magazine calculates its estimates. They don't have good accounting data since the franchises are private and estimating the value of the physical and intangible assets -- where the franchises hardly ever change hands in the public view -- is nothing more than a WAG (wild asz guess).

Posted by: beep-beep | August 25, 2010 8:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 8:08 PM
-------

Only a neanderthalic moron would a) take the idea of a "meet up" to mean fight each other. Everyone I know would take that to mean "hang out" or "grab a beer" or "smoke a joint" and b) actually think one is willing to meet up on one of the US's most congested highways to duke it out and have a fisticuffs.

But again, you can't change your stripes eh scamp. Just ask beep-beep.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 25, 2010 9:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | August 25, 2010 8:58 PM | Report abuse

The post cites "revenue" and "operating income" as the 2 value factors - it's a good question to wonder where they get the figures from.

I bet that if they factored in outstanding debt, then you'd see the Cowboys value drop significantly.

Jerry's making alot of $$ off that new stadium, but he owes even more on it.

Posted by: p1funk | August 25, 2010 9:09 PM | Report abuse

But again, you can't change your stripes eh scamp. Just ask beep-beep.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 25, 2010 9:05 PM

Really? You're so full of sh!t it's coming out of your mouth. So you wanted to meet on the side of I-10 to have a beer or hang out. That's how you wanted to "settle our differences." Nice try retard.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 9:13 PM | Report abuse

But again, you can't change your stripes eh scamp. Just ask beep-beep.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 25, 2010 9:05 PM

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 9:13 PM | Report abuse

You have just moved into ITR status Poopy. I can't stomach lying ass losers. Go hang out with your fellow mouth breather chia...you 2 are made for each other.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 9:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 9:15 PM

They gave the impression on the earlier thread that they're the same person. Or at least they went to such pains to deny it, when no one had ever asserted it, that it's pretty suspicious. So hanging out together would consist of Chia_Pet talking to himself, either out loud or as a sock puppet.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 25, 2010 9:28 PM | Report abuse

You're an unoriginal agro overcompensating arrogant jerk on da blog Scott Campbell.

Prolly a freaking fat goofball with an equally fat wife in real life.

hehe

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 25, 2010 9:31 PM | Report abuse

You can fool some of the people(us Redskin fans)all of the time.

Your doing a heckuva job Danny!!!

Posted by: 72Redskins | August 25, 2010 9:31 PM | Report abuse

Only a tardo would actually take a "meet up" on the side of the I-10 serious.

But again, you can't change your stripes, just like beep-beep.

You 2 could probably find a nice little cabin up at Big Bear and make sweat love to each other. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Not at all.

Also, lucky for most citizens that beep-beep isn't a detective or private investigator. Because if he was, going by his previous post, he'd never catch anyone.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 25, 2010 9:32 PM | Report abuse

They're pretty much losers beep. Not worth the time.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 9:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | August 25, 2010 9:09 PM

Forbes has the monopoly on these types of estimates so there's no "second opinion." Given that Forbes can't accurately value stock in a publicly traded company, I wouldn't put much stock on their estimates of the value of NFL franchises. Interesting, yes, but so what?

Posted by: beep-beep | August 25, 2010 9:32 PM | Report abuse

Oh yeah TE, Sherlock Holmes of da blog comes to another of his brilliant conclusions.

Except for the fact you're completely wrong.

JERK.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 25, 2010 9:34 PM | Report abuse

Wait, so if we're "losers" what does that make you, one wasting (or one would assume that's what you'd think) your time talking and debating and bantering with said "losers" over the interweb.

By my logic that makes you more of a loser than the ones you're calling "losers"

Now go flog your dolphin to trout videos.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 25, 2010 9:34 PM | Report abuse

Prolly a freaking fat goofball with an equally fat wife in real life.

hehe

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 25, 2010 9:31 PM

Easy to find out, just check the picture on the wiki.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 9:36 PM | Report abuse

Just ITR beep, ITR.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 9:39 PM | Report abuse

no one had ever asserted it.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 25, 2010 9:28 PM

--------

LISTEN UP JERK!

I SCAN THE BLOG AND POST INFREQUENTLY.

I POST AS CHIA PET AND CHIA PET ALONE.

YOU HAVE BEEN MAKING FALSE ASSERTIONS AGAINST ME ON A REGULAR BASIS -- ALLEGING THAT I POST AS OTHER PEOPLE.

ONCE MORE -- YOU ARE A JERK, A FOOL, AND ALSO A LIAR

NOW ONCE AND FOR ALL...

!!!GET OFF MY JOCK!!!

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 25, 2010 9:39 PM | Report abuse

Talent Evaluator and Scott Campbell in 69 position, licking each other clean.

Perfect.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 25, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Sounds like someone's in their feelings beep. Keep on 'em. Little too emotional to be a man wouldn't you say?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 9:45 PM | Report abuse

Isn't kind of wierd, almost sad, to post on here under 2 different names?

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 25, 2010 9:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 25, 2010 9:39 PM''

I've CAUGHT you in several of your sock puppet modes. I've not connected you with Poopy, although the strange thing you put up earlier to "prove" that you weren't Poopy gave you away there. You post everyday, although mostly under your other handles.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 25, 2010 9:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | August 25, 2010 9:49 PM |

It wouldn't surprise me if he was perineum/skinshaveaGM too. I know he's sports_guru and poolman but those are the only 3 I'm sure of. Who else is he Beep? Risa_L maybe?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 9:53 PM | Report abuse

What a dork you are Scott.

Gawd, just another insecure homophobic aggressive white male with nothing better to do than assert his perceived superiority over others on a blog about the Washington Redskins.

FYI - I was posting up here well before you were -- so if anyone should bugger off -- it should be you.

No one ever elected you chief azzwipe -- the position is self appointed.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 25, 2010 9:53 PM | Report abuse

Oooooh Chia with the smackdown. "I was here first." Proving once again that prepubescent, emotional girls can operate a computer and post on a blog.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 9:57 PM | Report abuse

oh yeah TE.

You're proving what a dumbo you are.

I'm poolman, Risa L, Rotfrau, Pereneium, Debator, and on and on. Heck some of the people you claim I am I've never even heard of.

How does that work?

and how the heck have you ever CAUGHT me you flippin' moron?

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 25, 2010 9:58 PM | Report abuse

Who else is he Beep? Risa_L maybe?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 9:53 PM

Caught him one night as Risa_L -- posted the exact same words he'd posted earlier as Chia_Pet. He's also Rotfrau, Debaitor, bleep-bleep. There are a couple of others he does where he cuts and pastes long, involved confessional posts from the internet. I'd have to look them up and who cares?

Posted by: beep-beep | August 25, 2010 9:59 PM | Report abuse

Chia_Pet + scampbell1975 + beep-beep + Poopy_McPoop = 4 of the most ignorant people to ever post on this board. Grow up people !

MrIrvin88 = vibrator king
10peterbilt = MrIrvin88's vibrator queen
BigBlueStar = K-Y prince

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 10:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | August 25, 2010 9:59 PM

If she's Rotfrau then she's definitely Poopy too.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 10:02 PM | Report abuse

Jesus H. Christ on a Popsicle stick, could you guys please just cut it out? I'm talking about the ongoing scampbell/beeps/Poopy/Chia/whoever else lovefest up here.

Good grief, guys, life's too frickin' short! I've rapped with a couple of you guys "off the blog", and I believe you're capable of better than this.

Here's an idea: when you believe you've been slighted up here, indirectly or directly, turn the other cheek. Just let it go. Just let it go. Continue whatever meaningful conversation you're having and let the rest of it slide off your back. Please.

For goodness' sake, it's almost time for real football, plenty of real football stuff to discuss and plenty of opportunities for quality jibba jabba as new and old commenters come out of the woodwork... and yet on a regular basis this joint is mired in unpleasantness. Please, fellas, I beg you please, just let it go. We're better than this.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | August 25, 2010 10:03 PM | Report abuse

MrIrvin88 = vibrator king
10peterbilt = MrIrvin88's vibrator queen
BigBlueStar = K-Y prince

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 10:01 PM

...said the bastion of maturity coming with the vibrator posts. Nice hypocrisy hessy.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 10:05 PM | Report abuse

MrIrvin88 = vibrator king
10peterbilt = MrIrvin88's vibrator queen
BigBlueStar = K-Y prince

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 10:01 PM

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 10:05 PM | Report abuse

MrIrvin88 = vibrator king
10peterbilt = MrIrvin88's vibrator queen
BigBlueStar = K-Y prince

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 10:01 PM

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 10:05 PM | Report abuse

At any rate, congrats once again to Talent Evaluator.

Peeps like you have ruined this blog.

and peeps like Scott Campbell make it worse on a daily basis.

all jabba -- no jibba

and to think how convinced you are that you are right, when in fact you are utterly wrong is actually quite sickening.

Ever been accused of something you're innocent of -- time and time and time again?

Ever had the life sucked out of what was once a fun experience?

Chia_Pet

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 25, 2010 10:07 PM | Report abuse

None of the last 20 postings or so make any sense, or have anything to do with the Washington Redskins.

How about that Armstrong kid?

McNabb will be full go week 1 against Dallas. No need to even play against Arizona.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 25, 2010 10:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX | August 25, 2010 10:03 PM |

Alright, but only for the betterment of a Redskins meeting place. Thanks for some perspective there Nate.

Oh, and sorry for the triple.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 10:08 PM | Report abuse

At any rate, congrats once again to Talent Evaluator.

Peeps like you have ruined this blog.

and peeps like Scott Campbell make it worse on a daily basis.

all jabba -- no jibba

Ever had the life sucked out of what was once a fun experience?

Chia_Pet

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 25, 2010 10:07 PM |

Look Chia, you're no better. You accuse us of ruining the blog when you are just as much of a willing participant. But I'm willing to call a truce cuz this sh!t's lame. So by gone's and what not and HAIL!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 10:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 10:05 PM |

Vibrators are for grown adults. Once you get to puberty, you might experiment with one. Now, do as NateinthePDX asked and lighten up, jeez. I invite you to read the last hour of you 4 moron's at each others throats. It gets old.

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 10:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 10:05 PM |

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 10:12 PM

Whateves dude. Not startin' with you too.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 10:16 PM | Report abuse

Nate,

That dude (TE) is completely off base.

I am being falsely accused of posting garbage under multiple handles. This amounts to slander.

How would that make you feel?

I'm infuriated personally. Nothing worse than being falsely accused.

Nothing.

I've been posting up here as Chia_pet for what -- two or three years now?

I've worked hard to cement my rep for being a uniquely odd somewhat weird and strange cat up here and have no interest in posting under all those handles.

Never have and never will.

Scamp -- Peace man.

and TE, honestly leave me alone please.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 25, 2010 10:17 PM | Report abuse

Whateves dude. Not startin' with you too.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 10:16 PM |

Nothing to start, just enjoy life and take care of yourself. Gotta find that level ground.

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 10:18 PM | Report abuse

Oh and Chia? He's doing it because it gets a rise out of you. Don't let it get to you.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 10:19 PM | Report abuse

We're better than this.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | August 25, 2010 10:03 PM

You know, I recall that when the jackassery was directed at you, your reaction was about the same.

Chia_Pet you've been a flamebaiter under several sock puppets and I'll call you on it every time you do it. You want me to leave you alone, then take your jackassery somewhere else.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 25, 2010 10:20 PM | Report abuse

@Chia_Pet

Will you calm down, jeez. It's only a freaking internet board to post comments, but if you keep rambling on and on, then you get what's coming to you.

Try this, breath in the good - breath out the bad. jeez

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 10:23 PM | Report abuse

ih8, I can't see what else a receiver would have to do to make the team other than have a threesome with both Shanahans. Shanahanigans...

ugh, never mind. Ahem...how about that Banks character...

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 25, 2010 10:30 PM | Report abuse

How about that Armstrong kid?

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 25, 2010 10:07 PM |

Armstrong looks good. Didn't realize he was already 27. I would like to see McNabb play if only to get a streaky player on a role.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 10:31 PM | Report abuse

TE, you are sadly mistaken.

If we could publish IP addresses you would see it for yourself.

But since we can't, you'll have to appreciate the possibility that you may in fact be wrong. Someone else has been ripping me off -- trying to create the appearance that I'm posting under all those handles.

I've seen the posts you are talking about myself and I have no answer for it.

If you're accusing me of this chicanery to simply get a rise out of me, then you're one sick puppy, because a lot of what the handles you mentioned have posted has been inflammatory to say the least,

which in effect is a handle killer for Chia_Pet.

which is what it is in any event, and it sucks.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 25, 2010 10:31 PM | Report abuse

iH8dallas,
i agree re mcnabb. and armstrong may be the best surprise of camp (or, i may just be being naively optimistic based on one game...). can you think of other guys who've "overperformed"?

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | August 25, 2010 10:32 PM | Report abuse

Let's talk some football. Who thinks DMcNabb will make it through the regular season healthy and still playing. Let's just say, I have my doubts he'll finish up the year in one piece. Probable on IR.

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 10:36 PM | Report abuse

ugh, never mind. Ahem...how about that Banks character...

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 25, 2010 10:30 PM |

Let's just hope that we don't have a repeat of the Zoron era where the pre season leading rusher and reciever are systematically released. I mean what's the point of pre season if you just get rid of the best guys during that period.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 10:36 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe there wasn't or isn't a better backup QB out there than Rex. The braintrust is smart, so I bet the only reason he's there backup is due to Kyle Shanahan's familiarity w/ him.(K. Shan did coach him,yes?)

Posted by: AWeiss3 | August 25, 2010 10:39 PM | Report abuse

beep, I have taken pains to apologize for past bad behavio(u)r up here, towards you and others. But I'm happy to do so again: I have definitely been way out of line before and treated fellow commenters badly, and I sincerely apologize for it. But I'd like to think I've gotten better at handling things, calmed down a bit, relaxed... and that's all I'm suggesting here.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | August 25, 2010 10:40 PM | Report abuse

Which leads to the very real possibility that maybe you, talent evaluator, are the one who is actually behind this whole thing, or at least part of it.

We've tangled in the past?

You hold a nasty grudge, or what?

It's just as plausible as you suggesting it's me, as neither one of us has any proof either way.

So please, shut it with the baseless accusations.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 25, 2010 10:40 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe there wasn't or isn't a better backup QB out there than Rex. The braintrust is smart, so I bet the only reason he's their backup is due to Kyle Shanahan's familiarity w/ him.(K. Shan did coach him,yes?)

Posted by: AWeiss3 | August 25, 2010 10:40 PM | Report abuse

hessone, AWeiss, I'm one of those who's very wary of Rex Grossman... but I take it for granted that someone other than Macca will be taking meaningful snaps for the Skins this season, based on his injury past (and, ahem, present).

I hope Rex has it in him to be a quality caretaker if he's called upon.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | August 25, 2010 10:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 10:36 PM |

$nyder was running the show, not Zorn. Preseason is not a science, but an interview, if anything.

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 10:45 PM | Report abuse

yeah, Scamp. Armstrong's been getting it done against the first team, too.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 25, 2010 10:47 PM | Report abuse

I hope Rex has it in him to be a quality caretaker if he's called upon.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | August 25, 2010 10:44 PM |

Nate, I don't see that happening. Grossman doesn't know how to protect the ball. He'll wash out any turnovers the defense gives us with his own.

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 10:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 10:36 PM | Report abuse

I say McNabb stays on par and misses 2 games this year. Won't matter, because we will be 8-4 at the time. Grossman comes in and goes 1-1 putting us at 9-5, then McNabb comes back and goes 2-0.

11-5 remains intact. BTW I can see into the future.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 25, 2010 10:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 10:45 PM |

I understand that. My point is what was the point of those guys slam dunking the interview if you're just gonna keep the old guys that can't close the deal. Not saying that's gonna happen here just hopin' it isn't. This should be a good barometer with Armstrong of our "interview" and hiring process.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 10:50 PM | Report abuse

WHAT is all of the commotion about?

Everyone here ♥ hessone and sock puppet jibba jabba.

It is what makes the REDSKINS GREAT!

Posted by: monkeymayonnaise | August 25, 2010 10:51 PM | Report abuse

peace out, y'all. Hail to the Redskins!

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 25, 2010 10:51 PM | Report abuse

@iH8dallas

Stat away from Las Vegas !

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 10:52 PM | Report abuse

It's still August, so I'll fall back on the refrain that has gotten me through this offseason: In Shanahan(s) I trust.

Both the Shanahans, elder and younger, are the key to this thing. And if they think Rex is okay in that critical backup role, that he'll be all right if called to run Kyle's offense, then I'm willing to go along with it. I'm nervous about it, but will to go along.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | August 25, 2010 10:52 PM | Report abuse

Rex makes brilliant plays and bonehead plays.

At least he doesn't think about his throw for an hour, like some other QB.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 25, 2010 10:53 PM | Report abuse

11-5 remains intact. BTW I can see into the future.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 25, 2010 10:49 PM |

Let's hope preseason counts towards his 2 game average.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 10:53 PM | Report abuse

@iH8dallas

11-5 remains intact.

Stay away from Las Vegas !

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 10:54 PM | Report abuse

@iH8dallas

Stat away from Las Vegas !

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 10:52 PM | Report abuse

I will, that place has no class.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 25, 2010 10:56 PM | Report abuse

We had a Redskins win/loss prediction page on the Wiki last year. No one was really even close. Maybe we should do it again this year. All predictions have to be in before reg season game 1?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 10:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 10:57 PM | Report abuse

Can you guess what my prediction is?

And I didn't even think about averaging in the 2 preseason games. I see good things, good things indeed.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 25, 2010 11:01 PM | Report abuse

@iH8dallas

Stat away from Las Vegas !

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 10:52 PM | Report abuse

I will, that place has no class.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 25, 2010 10:56 PM |

Money, money, money. I can hear all the jokes about how it makes life better, but it seems to me that AH has got a ton of the stuff and he appears to be disconsolate. Life is a carnival !

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 11:02 PM | Report abuse

@iH8dallas

Stat away from Las Vegas !

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 10:52 PM | Report abuse

I will, that place has no class.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 25, 2010 10:56 PM |

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 11:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 10:57 PM |

I'm in !

Posted by: hessone | August 25, 2010 11:05 PM | Report abuse

here it is hamsters...have at it.

I've already got ya down H8

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 11:05 PM | Report abuse

Put it up here hessy and I'll post it for you or you can do it yourself.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 11:08 PM | Report abuse

On another Wiki/Hayney note. We had a wiki contest to guess Hayney's weight. The website says 335 so if it's correct Longb alls is the winner. Beantown had it too but since it had already been picked he moved it to 336. Guess it doesn't matter since we've spent all the bonus points anyway.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 11:13 PM | Report abuse

Guess the wiki page scared everyone off. Oh well, I'll try to keep up with the predictions.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 11:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 25, 2010 6:26 PM

Rahtard, And those that keep B(+C#HING about the experience at FEDEX are double REEEEETAAARDS. This is an NFL football town period. Actually a football town,,, See Va Tech, opening weekend. The Skins have THE BEST FAN BASE IN SPORTS. No team. Not the Yankees, Notre Dame or the sorry ass Cowboys can count on the fan like the Skins. Oh, everybody WANTS those teams to be good, cause they move the ratings needle. But when they aint, aint nobody watchin. Skins fans= Cubs Fan= Wings Fans= Dale Jr. It dont matter, there sticking cause its not JUST about W-L's for these fans. And the Fed Ex game day. 4 SB appearances, and Home field throughout a couple times will change yer attitude. JUST LIKE IT DID in that SH(T hole called RFK...

Posted by: Club320 | August 25, 2010 11:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Club320 | August 25, 2010 11:31 PM |

You're mostly right but how about all those terrible towels at FedEx? Couldn't really count on us then huh?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 11:35 PM | Report abuse

here it is hamsters...have at it.

I'm in!

9-6 and a Wild Card spot.

Posted by: edvar | August 25, 2010 11:50 PM | Report abuse

here it is hamsters...have at it.

I'm in!

9-6 and a Wild Card spot.

Posted by: edvar | August 25, 2010 11:50 PM

I hate to correct typos but in this case you have to total 16 games edvar.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 11:54 PM | Report abuse

8-8. 100% improvement over last season. And as long as we're truly competitive in those 8 losses, I'll be happy.

We've endured waaaaaaaay too many dispiriting losses over the past few seasons, where I just knew in my gut early on in a game that we had no chance. I don't expect a Shanahan team to acquit itself in that manner, let alone a Shanahan/Macca team.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | August 25, 2010 11:57 PM | Report abuse

Both the win and the loss total will be prime numbers. Book it.

Posted by: SMACK1 | August 26, 2010 12:17 AM | Report abuse

Both the win and the loss total will be prime numbers. Book it.

Posted by: SMACK1 | August 26, 2010 12:17 AM |

So you're going with 11-5/5-11 or 3-13/13-3?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 26, 2010 12:21 AM | Report abuse

19-0, SMACK?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | August 26, 2010 12:23 AM | Report abuse

Not bad eh? What odds would Vegas give on that?

Posted by: SMACK1 | August 26, 2010 12:24 AM | Report abuse

Haha, you had me for a sec, Nate. But I don't think 0 is a prime number...

Posted by: SMACK1 | August 26, 2010 12:28 AM | Report abuse

I'd put a dollar on it just cuz.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 26, 2010 12:28 AM | Report abuse

Okay then, SMACK, lemme see... 17-2, after going 15-1 in the regular season and losing the Super Bowl?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | August 26, 2010 12:31 AM | Report abuse

Things can be valuable without actually being worth anything. And the opposite holds true as well. Skin nation - you can wave around the "2nd most valuable franchise" banner all you want but personally I would be happy with a couple more playoff games, maybe even a (gasp) home playoff game !!! Instead of sneaking in at the #5 or 6 seed. Gee - maybe even more - a division title. That's what I would like to see, not how much in the black we are.

Posted by: scoot21 | August 26, 2010 12:31 AM | Report abuse

here it is hamsters...have at it.

I'm in!

9-6 and a Wild Card spot.

Posted by: edvar | August 25, 2010 11:50 PM

I hate to correct typos but in this case you have to total 16 games edvar.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 11:54 PM

Yeah, that was really bad...

Just got back from watching the Nats blow up again. Ughhh....

Anyway, regular season 9-7 and Wild Card. Final record 10-8.

Hope that adds up.

Posted by: edvar | August 26, 2010 12:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scoot21 | August 26, 2010 12:31 AM |

I'm pretty sure that none of us fans give a damn about the net worth of the team. That really only matters to a select few. The only part of that that concerns us is tghe ability to sign any worthless, high proced free agent we want. We want what you want. "Skins Nation" wants wins plain and simple.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 26, 2010 12:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX

Not technically possible either. One NFC team cannot lose the Super Bowl to another NFC team.

Posted by: SMACK1 | August 26, 2010 12:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 26, 2010 12:38 AM | Report abuse

As Eric Cartman says, "Whateva, I do what I want."

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 26, 2010 12:44 AM | Report abuse

Hilarious, SMACK, thanks for that.

13-5, then, having gone 12-4 in the regular season and then going 1-1 in the playoff tournament?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | August 26, 2010 12:51 AM | Report abuse

What I like, is that while Dallas and Washington are 2nd and 3rd (in terms of sports organizations worth), is that a soccer team, Man U, is the top dog, numero uno, number one.

That's really gotta stick in the craw of all soccer-hating, chest-pounding fools.

Haha

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 26, 2010 12:55 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX

I fold. Cavaliers!

Posted by: SMACK1 | August 26, 2010 1:03 AM | Report abuse

Keep the predictions coming and I'll try to catch up tomorrow. HAIL!!!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 26, 2010 1:08 AM | Report abuse

as long as we're 3-0 ve dallas. Beat 'em here, there and knock 'em out of the playoffs.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 26, 2010 1:31 AM | Report abuse

So, if the Redskins didn't have to take the 100 million dollar hit in order to secure the "services" of one Albert Haynesworth, would we still be #1?

(He asked, tentatively clutching the giant foam finger with the "#1" emblazoned upon it)

Posted by: Thinker_ | August 26, 2010 6:02 AM | Report abuse

Hey, by the way, how do I get in with the Beep/Scamp club?

They're obviously the only really "cool" guys on here! They probably even get all the chicks!

The rest of you losers can dangle within a wrong word of the "ITR" club HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ahem! ahem! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

LOSERS!!!!

YOU'RE NEVER GONNA BE COOL ENOUGH FOR THE BEEP/SCAMP SHOW, BABIES!!!

(Hey, Scampolicious, I hope you don't mind that I can't stand the dog on Family Guy. Or the BS British accented tool with the head shaped like a football. I saw partial episodes in other dwellings. I don't have cable. I have 2 large TVs that aren't even plugged in.)

Just being honest. If I get in the cool guy Scamp/beep 69 club, I don't want any secrets between us.

PS - Punk Sucks and I hope that's OK with you. Although I do like Shane MacGowan. His grill is 4 real dough.

Posted by: Thinker_ | August 26, 2010 6:17 AM | Report abuse

7-9. McNabb only plays half the season.

Posted by: srobert1117 | August 26, 2010 6:53 AM | Report abuse

Hey, by the way, how do I get in with the Beep/Scamp club?

Posted by: Thinker_ | August 26, 2010 6:17 AM

You can't. You're one of the guys who put the R in ITR. You're in the Chia_Pet club.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 26, 2010 7:14 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Thinker_ | August 26, 2010 6:02 AM
------------------------------------------
I am pretty sure this "value" is assigned by a combination of earnings and assets. When the Cowboys built the new stadium, I presume their assets went up and that is what put them over the top. As an asset, FedEx field would depreciate over time making it worth less. From a business perspective, the Redskins seem to be the more efficient operation since their ratio of margin to revenue is more favorable. It's all fun with numbers. If someone were to buy either team today, they would end up paying something close to $2.0 billion.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 26, 2010 7:44 AM | Report abuse

Just read that NYG's corner Aaron Ross has a foot injury that is going to put him in a cast for 7-10 days. Bad news for Aaron because foot injuries are something that is difficult for a corner to get over, but it is good news for the Redskins. The Giants have a lot of weak spots on that defense...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 26, 2010 7:50 AM | Report abuse

Put it up here hessy and I'll post it for you or you can do it yourself.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 11:08 PM |

hessone says, 6-10 and no playoffs. DMcNabb won't see week 9. Sorry ih8 !

Posted by: hessone | August 26, 2010 7:54 AM | Report abuse

I am going to be optimistic and say 7-9 I am guessing McNabb will miss at least 3 games this season

Posted by: TimmySmith36 | August 26, 2010 8:01 AM | Report abuse

1117, the way you've been beating your chest about McNabb getting hurt, sounds like you WANT that to happen, just so you can break your arm patting yourself on the back.........

watched the game last night, was unimpressed by LJohnson, not sure if he's just done or what but there wasn't any burst on his part....I thought that Tryon has had a couple of good games this preseason however...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 26, 2010 8:02 AM | Report abuse

Larry Johnson looks like he is finished I didnt see any burst at all and he doesnt have the power to move the line so what else is there?

Posted by: TimmySmith36 | August 26, 2010 8:07 AM | Report abuse

beep

Posted by: hessone | August 26, 2010 8:12 AM | Report abuse

I will say that I do think Keiland Williams has potential...he seems to have some speed, and he's a bigger cat, brings a thump with him into the hole.....

WParker appears to be done...I could be wrong, but I just don't see that cat making the team...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 26, 2010 8:16 AM | Report abuse

"Both the win and the loss total will be prime numbers. Book it.

Posted by: SMACK1 | August 26, 2010 12:17 AM |

So you're going with 11-5/5-11 or 3-13/13-3?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 26, 2010 12:21 AM"

How about 11-2-3 or 11-3-2 ?

Or did everyone "Donovan" on the concept of regular season ties? lol ;)

Posted by: ThinkingMan | August 26, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse