Posted at 7:11 PM ET, 12/28/2010

DeAngelo Hall selected to Pro Bowl

By Jason Reid

UPDATED 8:07 P.M.

Despite being a member of the NFL's last-ranked defense, Washington Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall is a Pro Bowler again.

Hall - who tied the NFL's single-game interception record this season - was among the players chosen for NFC team in balloting by coaches, players and fans. Each group's vote total counts equally.

After making consecutive Pro Bowl appearances after the 2005 and '06 seasons as a member of the Atlanta Falcons, the seven-year veteran is pleased to be headed back to the all-star game.

"Going back, I'm excited," Hall said Tuesday night in a conference call with reporters. "I'm extremely excited. I wasn't really excited about going with any other team but Washington.

"I can remember going out there when I was with Atlanta, man, and seeing [Sean Taylor] and all those other guys, Chris Samuels and [Chris] Cooley, out there with that Redskins' logo, it's always a dream of mine, like I said, to play for this team. To finally have the honor of wearing a Pro Bowl jersey with that logo on it, man, I'm extremely humbled, man."

The Redskins have struggled in their transition from a base 4-3 front to a 3-4 scheme - but Hall has continued to be a playmaker.

In the season-opening 13-7 victory over the Dallas Cowboys, Hall scored Washington's only touchdown after stripping running back Tashard Choice of the ball and returning the fumble 32 yards as time expired in the first half.

"That play against Dallas, man, kinda had me thinking we were gonna be off to a hell of a season," Hall said. "All the balls haven't bounced our way, like we would've hoped.

"But the one thing that's been constant with this group of guys and myself, man, is that we come out every week ready to play, ready to fight and ready to get our hands dirty. That's not gonna change this year, next year or any year to come."

That momentum-changer against the Cowboys, however, was only an opening act for Hall's biggest show-stopping performance of the season.

Against the Chicago Bears in Week 7, Hall matched the league's interception record with four - including one that resulted in a 92-yard go-ahead touchdown in the third quarter - to lead the Redskins to a 17-14 victory at Soldier Field.

All of Hall's interceptions came in the game's final 24 minutes. He helped the Redskins overcome a four-point halftime deficit and match their win total from last season. As it turned out, defeating the Bears that day would be the Redskins' high-water mark in the 2010 season.

And Hall made spectacular plays on his four interceptions. On the 92-yard touchdown, Hall had made a sensational one-handed grab.

The former Virginia Tech star became the first Redskins defensive player to score two defensive touchdowns in a season since Andre Collins (two interception returns) accomplished the feat in 1994. Hall has two defensive touchdowns in a season for the first time in his career.

Shortly after taking control of the Redskins, Coach Mike Shanahan asked Hall to assume an official leadership role. Hall and inside linebacker London Fletcher have served as defensive co-captains this season.

"I'm not surprised" about making the Pro Bowl, Hall said. "I think I left a couple of plays out there on the field that I probably shoulda made. ... But I definitely think I played at a Pro Bowl level."

Washington (6-9) is 32nd in the 32-team league in defense and has only two victories in its last eight games. But Hall expected some of his teammates to join him on the NFC team.

"I am extremely surprised that I'm the only one going," he said. "If you look at some of the other players we have on our roster, I definitely feel like they're deserving of being out there in Hawaii, too."

In addition to Hall, outside linebacker Brian Orakpo and fullback Mike Sellers are first alternates, which means if the game's starters are unable to play for some reason, Orakpo, who made the Pro Bowl last season as a rookie, or Sellers could still get a free trip to Hawaii. Tight end Cooley, inside linebacker London Fletcher and special teams standout Lorenzo Alexander are second alternates. Last season, Fletcher made his Pro Bowl debut as an alternate.

"You look at Lorenzo Alexander and the great plays he's made throughout the season, especially on special teams," Hall said. "I definitely think he should have been the NFC [representative] over there. Rak [Orakpo] has missed a [game] due to injuries, but you look at the holding calls [he's had against him] and still being able to accumulate 8 ½ sacks. He's a guy that still should have been over there.

"You look at the productivity of London Fletcher. There's a couple of guys that should have been on the team with me. But the great part about the way they do these things is, there will be some playoff teams. There will be some guys that just won't go cause they don't feel like going or have other obligations. So I look forward to seeing a couple of [his teammates] over there with me."

The momentum-changer against the Cowboys, however, was only an opening act for Hall's biggest performance of the season.

Against the Chicago Bears in Week 7, Hall matched the league record with four interceptions - including one that resulted in a 92-yard go-ahead touchdown in the third quarter - to lead the Redskins to a 17-14 victory at Soldier Field.

All four interceptions came in the game's final 24 minutes. He helped the Redskins overcome a four-point halftime deficit and match their win total from last season. As it turned out, defeating the Bears that day would be the high-water mark of the Redskins' 2010 season.

Hall made spectacular plays on the four interceptions. The one that resulted in the 92-yard touchdown was a sensational one-handed grab.

In addition to Hall, linebacker Brian Orakpo and fullback Mike Sellers were chosen as first alternates, which means if the game's starters are unable to play for some reason, Orakpo or Sellers could earn free trips to Hawaii. Tight end Chris Cooley, linebacker London Fletcher and special teams player Lorenzo Alexander were selected as second alternates.

Last season, Fletcher made his Pro Bowl debut as an alternate.

By Jason Reid  | December 28, 2010; 7:11 PM ET
Categories:  DeAngelo Hall
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Hall, Fletcher top Redskins' Pro Bowl hopefuls
Next: Roster analysis: Expiring Redskins contracts

Comments

Congrats Mr. Hall.

Tell Carlos Rogers to put your poster on his wall.

That is, if he has the eye-hand coordination for it.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 28, 2010 7:23 PM | Report abuse

FIRST alternate? Orakpo should be in regardless...

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 28, 2010 7:23 PM | Report abuse

DHall in. 6 picks but he's been smoked all season. Picks are great but giving up a 8+ TDs this season is why he shouldn't be a pro bowler. If he singlehandly won the boys and Bears game then he lost the 2nd game against the boys.

Love LFB but he's not a top 3 ILB in the NFC. He's also had a pretty average year.

That's the reality.

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 28, 2010 7:26 PM | Report abuse

Brandon Lloyd is a Pro Bowler.

Yes, I said that.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 28, 2010 7:26 PM | Report abuse

Maurkice Pouncey, center, Steelers, is a rookie Pro Bowler.

Can we draft his brother?

Please?

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 28, 2010 7:29 PM | Report abuse

Diesel , go back to your Jersey school reject...

Posted by: frak | December 28, 2010 7:30 PM | Report abuse

Diez, I would take Blaine Gabbert in the 2nd picking Powe in the 1st (Fairley will go top 5) if we can't trade back.

Looking forward to seeing both Gabbert and Stanzi tonight.

Posted by: kerzon417 | December 28, 2010 7:31 PM | Report abuse

DHall deserves it. He's not revis, but few are. Hes not even rogers in coverage, but hes decent in that capacity. Meanwhile, he's played with sorry safeties most of the year. He has 6 picks. Don't forget at least 2 forced fumbles and recoveries. All crucial to the outcome of games. Congrats DHall.

Posted by: AdamCr | December 28, 2010 7:39 PM | Report abuse

kerz- I think Gabbert would benefit from another YR in school. He's a big dude @ 6'5 240 and runs a sub 4.8 40 and if he comes out he be in the 2nd teir of QBs (Ponder, Gabbert, Devlin, Stanzi). Depending on the Sunday we may be forced to look at these guys.

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 28, 2010 7:45 PM | Report abuse

He misses a lot of tackles...... But his hands are the best Ive ever seen.... He has had a very productive season and is a FA that has been worth the money..... Have Fun in Hawaii D-Hall

Posted by: Capitalist-1 | December 28, 2010 7:55 PM | Report abuse

Diesel , go back to your Jersey school reject...

Posted by: frak | December 28, 2010 7:30 PM

Did you know that Ian MacKaye looked up to bands like Bad Brains and Black Flag and was childhood friends with Henry Garfield (who later changed his name to Henry Rollins).

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 28, 2010 7:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 28, 2010 7:45 PM

Where do you have Locker? I look at the game plan against the Jags, and I see a game plan tailor made for Locker.

Anyway, congrats to all the Skins pro bowlers.

Posted by: TWISI | December 28, 2010 7:59 PM | Report abuse

Diez, good chance he does stay in school, but if not, he has tons of upside and would love to see him sit and learn pro style football next year than continue playing the spread.

Oh, and dude is very smart so should be able to pick up the Shanahan scheme.

Posted by: kerzon417 | December 28, 2010 8:06 PM | Report abuse

repost for TWISI

If a QB is what people want in the 1st RD then take your pick between Locker and possibly Mallett.

We'll be picking somewhere between 10-17 and both Luck (#1), Newton (ARI/SF), and possibly Mallett depending on this Sunday's game will be off the board.

Hell it's possible that all four QBs will be off the board when we pick.

But the only way Luck and Newton would be in play is if we traded up to get them.
================================

I actually like Locker more than Mallett. It's hard to ignore Locker's athleticism and I have a feeling that he'll remind Shanahan of a Elway type of player even after a tough YR at UW.

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 28, 2010 8:07 PM | Report abuse

DeAngelo drives me nuts, but there's no question he's a playmaker in a secondary that's desperate for one.

Congrats, DeAngelo. I don't care whether you "deserve" this or not, it's awfully nice to be celebrating a Redskin.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 28, 2010 8:08 PM | Report abuse

Where do you have Locker?

I think Mike Shanahan will like Locker.

I think Kyle Shanahan will like Mallett.

I think they'll both be gone by the time we pick.

And if they are, I think we'll wind up with whomever is the best quarterback in the second round: C Ponder.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 28, 2010 8:09 PM | Report abuse

How does Lorenzo not make first team special teams? Ridiculous.

Posted by: RiggoisDrunk | December 28, 2010 8:10 PM | Report abuse

kerz- He could be a top 10 guy if he comes back but if he goes then he would be worth a look in the 2nd if we didn't get our guy in the 1st.

Keep an eye on Clayborn the DE from Iowa, he's a likely top 20 pick.

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 28, 2010 8:15 PM | Report abuse

How does Lorenzo not make first team special teams?

Question:

How does Brandon Banks not make it?

Discuss possible answers amongst yourselves.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 28, 2010 8:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 28, 2010 8:09 PM

Interesting. I saw a debate between Kiper and McShay. Kiper has 3 or 4 qbs going in the top ten, McShay has 1. I agree if Locker is off the board by the time the Skins pick, the Skins will look at Ponder/Stanzi. Moe, can't see Mallet being a KS guy, not with his supposed difficulty reading complex coverages.

Posted by: TWISI | December 28, 2010 8:20 PM | Report abuse

Somebody remind me:

Are the Minnesota Vikings a professional football team?

Just askin'

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 28, 2010 8:25 PM | Report abuse

Someone took a Mallett to my Locker in high school and stole my fig Newton's leaving me to Ponder how Luck-y I was not to have left my weed in there.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 8:28 PM | Report abuse

I'd love to have DeSean Jackson on my flag football team, but I'll be damned if I was a coach of an NFL team if I would tolerate his contant diving to the turf in order to avoid contact.

It's hard to believe someone that gutless has been able to make it to this level.

I guess speed really is the great equalizer.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | December 28, 2010 8:33 PM | Report abuse

twisi

the Skins will look at Ponder/Stanzi

Stanzi is a guy to watch as he comes from a pro-type program at Iowa and is a multiple year starter.

Mallett, on the other hand, has tools, and the knock on him works in the same way it worked against Tim Tebow--another guy with tools the scouts last year said couldn't read coverages and had a bad throwing motion.

Tebow is acquitting himself quite well as an NFL quarterback, thank you.

As will Mallett, no matter what the scouts say.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 28, 2010 8:38 PM | Report abuse

This is the current draft order it can change next week but not very much. I think the question is how many of these teams need a QB. I also think you need to think about if these teams are willing to risk a top 10 pick on a QB considering the recent QB bust they have had.

)Carolina Panthers

2)Denver Broncos

3)Cincinnati Bengal

4)Buffalo Bills

5)San Francisco 49ers

6)Arizona Cardinals

7)Dallas Cowboys

8)Houston Texans

9)Detroit Lions

10)Cleveland Browns

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 28, 2010 8:40 PM | Report abuse

This guy Webb ain't all that bad.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 28, 2010 8:42 PM | Report abuse

)Carolina Panthers

2)Denver Broncos

3)Cincinnati Bengal

4)Buffalo Bills

5)San Francisco 49ers

6)Arizona Cardinals

7)Dallas Cowboys

8)Houston Texans

9)Detroit Lions

10)Cleveland Browns

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 28, 2010 8:40 PM |

I think the only teams you can really count out of the QB race here is Detroit, Dallas and Houston. Cleveland is probably happy enough to give McCoy the go so they probably will stay out of it. You would think Carolina would stay out having drafted 2 QB's last year but you never know if they fire the coach. The rest? Well Denver would seem alright having extended Orton (they did extend him right?) and starting Tebow but they'll have a new coach and he may want his own toys. It'll be interesting to see if the Bengals still think Carson is top notch as he's been lacking the last few years. Does Arizona believe in their new guy?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 8:49 PM | Report abuse

Urlacher and Willis were the two ILB on the roster. I would not give Fletcher the nod over either. Having a lot of tackles on the worst ranked defense does not entitle you to a pro bowl nod.

Orakpo had a down year as well. He only has 8.5 sacks.

Hall was about the only player that you could give the nod and that was going based on Ints and game changing plays and ignoring his sub par play the rest of the time.

Posted by: srobert1117 | December 28, 2010 8:50 PM | Report abuse

Brandon Lloyd goes to the Pro Bowl and leads the NFL in yards by a WR.

Isn't this the same Brandon Lloyd that we gave up 2 picks and a $10M signing bonus for, then let him sit and rot on the bench, then cut him because we thought he sucked? What's wrong with this picture?

Posted by: Monk81_Green28 | December 28, 2010 8:51 PM | Report abuse

Brandon Lloyd goes to the Pro Bowl and leads the NFL in yards by a WR.

Isn't this the same Brandon Lloyd that we gave up 2 picks and a $10M signing bonus for, then let him sit and rot on the bench, then cut him because we thought he sucked? What's wrong with this pictuhatre?

Posted by: Monk81_Green28 | December 28, 2010 8:51 PM

That's because he did suck then, and then he sucked for the Bears.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 8:57 PM | Report abuse

6)Arizona Cardinals

The Trade:

Trade Donovan McNabb and the 2012 4th rounder to the Cardinals to flip draft positions (we go from say 12-17 and assume their 6th pick in 2011).

With the 6th pick, the skins take:

Newton

Locker

Mallett

Fairley

Is this a bad idea that won't happen?

(I say having been burned by M Leinhart, the cards might want a vet quarterback like McNabb instead of burning 1st round money all over again.)

I'd say, "Yeah, it won't."

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 28, 2010 8:59 PM | Report abuse

Only DeAngelo? Someone please explain to me how Dallas put five players in the Pro Bowl?

Posted by: ch4gas | December 28, 2010 9:03 PM | Report abuse

I call BS on DeAngelo Hall and the crap about not caring about the Pro Bowl till he was on the Skins and the BS about Samuels and Cooley. And while I'm at it, I'm calling BS on Shanahan about making Hall a midseason defensive co-captain. Players should be picking captains, not the head coach.

Posted by: dcsween | December 28, 2010 9:12 PM | Report abuse

Dallas put 5 in cause they have better players.

Posted by: coparker5 | December 28, 2010 9:19 PM | Report abuse

Good to see Hall get the pro-bowl votes. Now his trade value has gone up. This guy is not the physical defensive back that this defense warrants and if they can trade him for picks then go for it. At the same time, they need to re-sign Rogers because he does fit the defense. Just wish he would stay healthy.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | December 28, 2010 9:21 PM | Report abuse

Brandon Lloyd goes to the Pro Bowl and leads the NFL in yards by a WR.

Posted by: Monk81_Green28 | December 28, 2010 8:51 PM

That's because he did suck then, and then he sucked for the Bears.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 8:57 PM | Report abuse

Did he suck, or did we just not know how to use him? Let's look at some facts and stats....

The Broncos, who suck as a team this year, managed to get great production out of him. And the 49ers good good production out of him before the Skins got him. With the Bears, he appeared in 11 games, had 364 yards, and 2 TDs. More than he did with the Skins in 2 seasons (23 games). So, he sucked worse with us than he sucked with the Bears, and he did well other places. By looking at the stats, I think we were more the cause of the problem than he was. I'm just sayin....

Regardless, HTTR, and I hope we get better next year. This is frikkin painful.

Posted by: Monk81_Green28 | December 28, 2010 9:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 8:49 PM | Report abuse

You have to put Dallas in the Need-a group here. Romo's obviously been out for so long you've forgotten what a comedian he is.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 28, 2010 9:38 PM | Report abuse

)Carolina Panthers

2)Denver Broncos

3)Cincinnati Bengal

4)Buffalo Bills

5)San Francisco 49ers

6)Arizona Cardinals

7)Dallas Cowboys

8)Houston Texans

9)Detroit Lions

10)Cleveland Browns

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 28, 2010 8:40 PM |

While we can make the case that #2-5 need a qb, the question will be which of the top qbs are worth that kind of investment? My bet is that a qb needy team in that range will look to trade back to #7 or #8, or wait to trade up into the end of the 1st round from the 2nd round a la Denver. The Skins at #12-17 should be in position to get the 3rd or 4tg best qb in the draft if they stay put.

Posted by: TWISI | December 28, 2010 9:43 PM | Report abuse

Regardless, HTTR, and I hope we get better next year. This is frikkin painful.

Posted by: Monk81_Green28 | December 28, 2010 9:37 PM |

He did well other places? He had 2 mediocre years in San Fran and sucked every other year until now. Hell, he sucked bad his first year in Denver. Dude has more than a third of his career yardage IN 1 SEASON. Let's not crown the SJKing dude king of the WR's til he puts together a few good years.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 9:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 28, 2010 9:38 PM |

I haven't forgotten but Jones is such a SJKing dumbass that he will polish Homo's knob until the wooden toothed basturd dies.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 9:51 PM | Report abuse

Dallas put 5 in cause they have better players.

Posted by: coparker5 | December 28, 2010 9:19 PM |

Dallas put 5 in because the media tongue juggles their nuts every chance they get

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 9:53 PM | Report abuse

I hope the Viqueens pound these green a holes.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 9:56 PM | Report abuse

Hall is playmaker that this defense needs... Someone said that the lost a game but won 2 games. If a defensive player can make a +1 game impact- I'll take that. And I'd argue that Hall didn't lose the Dallas game anywhere near as much as he won the Chicago and 1st Dallas games.

As far as draft- no way Arizona trades the pick to get McNabb. 1st off- if there's a lockout- they're not allowed to trade players. Even if no lockout- no way in the world they do that trade.

Where we'll be drafting(somewhere in the 11-14 range right now, but looking at the SOS- I think the best we can do is 7th- but we would still be behind San Francisco and Arizona. I think they grab Mallet and Newton. So we would either have to trade down and hope we got Locker, or wait to round 2. There may be some good guys in round 2-3 so that may be a good option.

Posted by: stever37 | December 28, 2010 10:02 PM | Report abuse

All we hear is how the Redskins have real talent and are just barely away from a playoff. One player on the Pro-Bowl, and he is a hot dog who has no discipline or defense, gets burned repeatedly, and needs to be traded. The Redskins need a young director of personnel.

Posted by: jhough1 | December 28, 2010 10:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jhough1 | December 28, 2010 10:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jhough1 | December 28, 2010 10:05 PM | Report abuse

Gnarley Krew, Spreadin' The Luv!!! Why you hate on , Redskinhead?? You get's you toinovers with DeAngelo, an' he run it back fer the beerrun...

Posted by: frak | December 28, 2010 10:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | December 28, 2010 9:21 PM

I'm leaning the same way.

D Hall is far tooooo one dimensional. He does not cover well, openly sucks at tackling, does not support the run, and is not a physical presence against WR's. He makes interceptions...occasionally. We do not use him to return punts either.

I would love to get a 3rd rounder for him and move on.

Carlos is the butt of a lot of jokes - and rightly so (heck, I've made a lot of them...) but he does present a better over-all game. I would rather match in a high quality CB with him, then let him walk and pair up with D hall.

I'd make Carlos catch 1,000 balls a day off the ball machine (seriously, absolutely) in the off season to see if he can't develop his ball catching skills.

Posted by: edvar | December 28, 2010 10:10 PM | Report abuse

Maurkice Pouncey, center, Steelers, is a rookie Pro Bowler.

Can we draft his brother?

Please?

Posted by: MistaMoe

I agree with MistaMoe we should draft Pouncey's brother, he is slated for middle of the first round. Theres to many Teams that need an upgrade at the QB position to where the Skin's won't even have a chqance to get Locher (whom Shanahan will not slip by if he is available).

Does anyone have a feel for John Beck? What happened to him in Miami?

Posted by: flyinggoose1 | December 28, 2010 10:12 PM | Report abuse

R*E*A*L*I*T*Y*, M*OT*H*ER*F*U*C*H*A*H*S* OF THE SEVENTH EQUATION, IS THAT Y"ALL NEED TA GETTE A LIFE AWAY FROM BASHING THE F****IN REDSKINS, G*O*T* I*T*

Posted by: frak | December 28, 2010 10:16 PM | Report abuse

Haters drink it up. You people are freaking ridiculous.

We would have 4 wins right now if it wasn't for DHall's singularly standout play for this team.

With LL30 and Rogers going in and out of the lineup with injures, Hall has been the most consistent player on defense in the secondary.

And hey! Don't look now! But Hall has 89 tackles this season, which puts him in second place among CBs for tackles in the NFL (behind a 3-way tie of CBs who have 91).

You haters act like Revis, Asoumgha, and your precious Champ Bailey never give up TDs. Drink up reality, boys. They ALL get beat for TDs.

DHall is fully deserving of being in the Pro Bowl this year.

And all you schmu*ks calling for his benching, or trading, should stop and think about what this team and secondary would be like with Philip Buchanon and Double-Move Stone Hands as our starters.

Posted by: p1funk | December 28, 2010 10:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 9:51

If you don't think the pokes will jump at a QB, then you've already assumed the crash position.

Go Vikes!

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 28, 2010 10:19 PM | Report abuse

a big reason the Skin's defense is last in the NFL and he is in the Pro-Bowl?
The Pro-Bowl is a farce.

Posted by: reader51 | December 28, 2010 10:20 PM | Report abuse

Haters drink it up. You people are freaking ridiculous.

DHall is fully deserving of being in the Pro Bowl this year.

Posted by: p1funk | December 28, 2010 10:23 PM | Report abuse

Go Vikes!

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 28, 2010 10:19 PM

Considering there oline is worse than ours I hope they do.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 10:24 PM | Report abuse

Change of subject ref the Skins...

Gotta love it that Georgia Tech loses to Air Force in the Independence Bowl.

Air Force is essentially a part-time football program with 1/100th of the budget of GT.

Such improbable outcomes still make College Football enjoyable.

Posted by: reader51 | December 28, 2010 10:27 PM | Report abuse

Vick looks like a college QB who has hit the wall. Best move for the Eagles is to put Kolb in and try to get the bye week for Vick.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 28, 2010 10:30 PM | Report abuse

Cam Newton will draw allot of interest from teams picking after Carolina (Luck will be off the board at #1).

Posted by: flyinggoose1 | December 28, 2010 10:30 PM | Report abuse

=============
89 tackles by a DB on a last place Defense is just a sh-t Dline and LB corps that is unsuited for a 3-4.
DHall is a fraud.

Posted by: reader51 | December 28, 2010 10:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | December 28, 2010 9:21 PM | Report abuse

DHall has more tackles, more INTS, more FF, and more defensive TDs than your precious Carlos Rogers.

His 89 tackles are MORE THAN ANY OTHER Pro Bowl DB - more than Charles Woodson, more than Adrian Wilson, more than Antrel Rolle, more than Darell Revis, more than Asante Samuel, more than Troy Polamalu, more than Nick Collins.

HALL LEADS ALL PRO BOWL CBs, SSs, AND FSs IN TACKLES.

Physical enough for you, moron?

Posted by: p1funk | December 28, 2010 10:32 PM | Report abuse

I just don't understand why this team has so many "fans" that are really nothing but haters. Go the Phuk away.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 10:32 PM | Report abuse

============
We would have 8 wins right now if DHall wasnt on the team.

Posted by: reader51 | December 28, 2010 10:34 PM | Report abuse

After Carolina I can see Denver,Buffalo, 49ers, Cards, Dallas and Cleveland all interested in a young franchise QB if one is available.

Posted by: flyinggoose1 | December 28, 2010 10:36 PM | Report abuse

We would have 8 wins right now if DHall wasnt on the team.

Posted by: reader51 | December 28, 2010 10:34 PM |

That ranks up there with one of the most assinine statements ever made on here. Just stupid. Dumb.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 10:38 PM | Report abuse

HALL LEADS ALL PRO BOWL CBs, SSs, AND FSs IN TACKLES.

Physical enough for you, moron?

Posted by: p1funk | December 28, 2010 10:32 PM

YEAH!

That's right!

Because NOBODY is afraid to throw at him!

They all know what you don't. He can't cover for squat and will never knock the ball loose with a big hit. He's prone to try for the all-or-nothing big play. Some times he get's all, too many times he gets nothing. Even dumbazz Cutler said he would throw at him again.

Look, I'm happy he had one big game against Chicago, but handing him the Dallas win because of one play in the first half doesn't fly with me.

He is too inconsistent.

He is too one dimensional.

Act like peabrain and throw a bunch of stats at it all you want.

Posted by: edvar | December 28, 2010 10:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: flyinggoose1 | December 28, 2010 10:36 PM

Having just come from Ohio I can tell you that Cleveland fans are very happy with McCoy. Not to say they won't draft another one but I doubt it.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 10:40 PM | Report abuse

HALL LEADS ALL PRO BOWL CBs, SSs, AND FSs IN TACKLES.

Posted by: p1funk | December 28, 2010 10:32 PM | Report abuse

DHall has forced 8 turnovers this season which is MORE than any other CB, SS, or FS selected to the Pro Bowl except Devin McCourtny who also has 8 turnovers.

More forced turnovers than Revis, Asamougha, Polamalu, Collins, Rolle, Woodson.

Playmaker anyone???

Posted by: p1funk | December 28, 2010 10:41 PM | Report abuse

We would have 8 wins right now if DHall wasnt on the team.

Posted by: reader51 | December 28, 2010 10:34 PM |

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 10:38 PM
================
You are either a biased VPI alum or didnt watch the numerous games he was constantly beaten as a member of the last ranked defense in the NFL.
The general consensus on this board, excluding the vocal minority, is that he is not Pro-Bowl worthy.

Posted by: reader51 | December 28, 2010 10:44 PM | Report abuse

He is too inconsistent.

He is too one dimensional.

Act like peabrain and throw a bunch of stats at it all you want.

Posted by: edvar | December 28, 2010 10:39 PM | Report abuse

What does fly with you?

Ignorant bald opinions with nothing to back it up?

Why is he inconsistent? Based on what? I'm a peabrain for using stats? What are you using to formulate your opinions? Lint from the crotch?

Show me something that backs up the assertion that he's inconsistent.

Show me something that backs up the assertion that he's one-dimensional.

I'm sure you hated on DHall in the past saying he couldn't "tackle". Now that he's a tackling machine this season, you've got to shift your ignorant hate onto to some other aspect of his game.

Posted by: p1funk | December 28, 2010 10:47 PM | Report abuse

He is too inconsistent.

He is too one dimensional.

Act like peabrain and throw a bunch of stats at it all you want.

Posted by: edvar | December 28, 2010 10:39 PM | Report abuse

What does fly with you?

Ignorant bald opinions with nothing to back it up?

Show me something that backs up the assertion that he's inconsistent.

Show me something that backs up the assertion that he's one-dimensional.

Charles Woodson has 86 tackles this year. I guess by your reckoning he's a no-account schmu&k in coverage. No one is afraid of him, everyone knows he can be thrown on...otherwise his tackle count wouldn't be so high, eh?

Idiot.

Posted by: p1funk | December 28, 2010 10:49 PM | Report abuse

More forced turnovers than Revis, Asamougha, Polamalu, Collins, Rolle, Woodson.

Playmaker anyone???

Posted by: p1funk | December 28, 2010 10:41 PM

I have no problem agreeing with you that he makes turnovers.

It's the rest of his game (and all the big empty talk that goes with it) that needs the work.

Posted by: edvar | December 28, 2010 10:49 PM | Report abuse

More forced turnovers than Revis, Asamougha, Polamalu, Collins, Rolle, Woodson.

Playmaker anyone???

Posted by: p1funk | December 28, 2010 10:41 PM

I have no problem agreeing with you that he makes turnovers.

Posted by: edvar | December 28, 2010 10:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: reader51 | December 28, 2010 10:44 PM | Report abuse

THe general consensus on this board????

You are a freaking tool.

Dhall was voted into the Pro Bowl by an equal count of fans votes, COACHES VOTES, AND PLAYERS VOTES.

2/3 of the reason he's in the Pro Bowl is because other players and coaches decided he should be there.

Go away from this blog. Your useless ignorant comments are a waste of cyberspace.

Posted by: p1funk | December 28, 2010 10:53 PM | Report abuse

Hope everyone is soaking up this dude Webb for the 'Vikes. He's a Cam-Newton-like guy. Only, Newton is bigger (6'6", 245) and faster. Arms are both similar. I'm telling you, the Skins probably won't even get the dude. The closer we get to April, the better the odds Newton goes in the top 5 as opposed to the top 15.

Looking at the freaking condo-sized linemen playing for both teams really reinforces the need for some straight-up dudes to play O and D line.

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | December 28, 2010 10:55 PM | Report abuse

This Webb kid looks decent. Waaaay better then that Kordell Stewart wannabe T. Jackson.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 10:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | December 28, 2010 10:41 PM

I have no problem agreeing with you that he makes turnovers.

Posted by: edvar | December 28, 2010 10:52 PM | Report abuse

Really? What part of his game would that be?

Tackling? We already covered that part of his game.

Passes defended? He's got 14. Which is more than any other CB going to the Pro Bowl except McCourtny who has 15.

What else do you want to cover here, eh?

Posted by: p1funk | December 28, 2010 10:59 PM | Report abuse

to the guy who says we would have 8 wins without hall, id say we would have 4.. see bears, cowboys(season opener)

Posted by: zorn_sucks | December 28, 2010 11:04 PM | Report abuse

HALL LEADS ALL PRO BOWL CBs, SSs, AND FSs IN TACKLES.

Posted by: p1funk | December 28, 2010 10:32 PM | Report abuse

============
DHall's Tackles total also includes the high number of WRs that beat him......

Often on a low ranked Defense the DB/CB has the highest tackle total because the DLine and LBs are porous. This fact alone should make DHall's high tackle total suspect.

Posted by: reader51 | December 28, 2010 11:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | December 28, 2010 10:53 PM | Report abuse
------------------------

We all had to deal with your squealing like a stuck pig when Shanahan suspended Haynesworth, so don't get offended when someone else tries on your anal helmet, yeah?

Posted by: mattsoundworld | December 28, 2010 11:05 PM | Report abuse

Funk -

I'm not gonna get in a hate-fest on D-Hall. I don't hate him, I just think he excels at ESPN highlight reel plays, but lacks in many other categories.

I don't have stats on weak run support, chicken wing tackles and diving at players feet. I watch every play of every game. I go back and review.

To me, he's too one dimensional for the obscene amount of money we pay him. He's too interested in making a turnover at the expense of making a tackle near the line of scrimmage. They don't keep stats to my knowledge on yards given up being towed down the field because he's trying to pull the ball out instead of just make the solid play.

As an example, I offer the play late in the Dallas game when he went for the INT against their TE in the 4th quarter - whiffed and got nothing but air, and let his responsibility walk into the endzone uncontested.

Too many thorns with that rose for me.

Posted by: edvar | December 28, 2010 11:07 PM | Report abuse

To the people who would like to get rid of Hall I ask the question, who would you replace him with?

To the people that would like to let Carlos Rogers walk I ask the same question.

I am prepared to be amazed at some of the answers I expect to get.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 11:09 PM | Report abuse

DHall's Tackles total also includes the high number of WRs that beat him......

Posted by: reader51 | December 28, 2010 11:04 PM | Report abuse

I get it.

So if Dhall takes a "risk" on a throw to go for the INT or the pass break-up, he gets criticized for being a gambler who risks giving up big plays without being smart.

If he plays smart, keeps the WR in front of him, and makes the tackle after the catch, he gets criticized for getting "beat" by the WR.

Nice.

So the Dline and LBs aren't getting the job done taking down the ball carrier and DHall is mopping it up for them.

Anything else?

Posted by: p1funk | December 28, 2010 11:09 PM | Report abuse

Does this look like a legit ProBowler?

Posted by: reader51 | December 28, 2010 11:13 PM | Report abuse

Does this look like a legit ProBowler?

Posted by: reader51 | December 28, 2010 11:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mattsoundworld | December 28, 2010 11:05 PM | Report abuse

I don't know what you are talking about, and I don't know why you are keeping some sort of historical tabs on my posts, but thanks for the attention.

I don't recall squealing anything about AH's suspension except for wondering why we didn't trade him at the deadline.

Maybe you have an answer to that since you are so smart and witty.

Posted by: p1funk | December 28, 2010 11:14 PM | Report abuse

Does this look like a legit ProBowler?

Posted by: reader51 | December 28, 2010 11:13 PM |

Anyone that tries to pull up a youtube of why someone should not be a probowler is a moron at best. I'm sure I can turn around and pull 20 youtubes of why he should be. Taking a very limited view of a mans work to support your viewpoint is hardly accurate work. It's hackish at best.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 11:16 PM | Report abuse

Here is a list of FAs to choose from:

Cornerbacks:

Kevin Dockery – STL
Justin King, STL
Elbert Mack, TB

Posted by: kerzon417 | December 28, 2010 11:19 PM | Report abuse

the way WEBB is playing, MINN wont bother with mc5

Posted by: zorn_sucks | December 28, 2010 11:19 PM | Report abuse

Uh oh, Leigh Torrence is a free agent.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 11:24 PM | Report abuse

Does this look like a legit ProBowler?

Posted by: reader51 | December 28, 2010 11:14 PM | Report abuse

Hey idiot. Dhall didn't make the ProBowl LAST YEAR, and no one is arguing that he should have.

Anymore useless ignorant stuff to add to the comments section?

While you think about it, though, check out this clip.

It's not only legit for the ProBowl, apparently its legit for the Hall of Fame.

Posted by: p1funk | December 28, 2010 11:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 11:16 PM
==========
Ok..scampbell, maybe you're a VPI alum and/or didnt see how inconsistent he was this year. But dont take my word for it.... Here is Hall getting easily beaten at the line of scrimmage... and getting a cheap shot at the end of the same play.... And then Rex Ryan telling anyone who would listen what he (and his brother) thought of him. DHall is NOT ProBowl material.

Posted by: reader51 | December 28, 2010 11:28 PM | Report abuse

Mc5 better hope Arizona even wants him now. Forget the Vikings after tonights showing from Webb.

HAHAHAHAHA. If it can actually suck to be a multi-millionaire pro athlete, it would suck to be McNabb right now.

He's going to be on this roster until the Skins get a 5th (maybe a 4th?) or the day before the opener. I can see it now, Mc5 will get to his new team just in time to learn nothing and go out and skip passes, fall down and change the basic plays put in for him given he wouldn't know the system.

Nice job agent.

Hope you made your caish. You won't get hired by William Hung at this point.

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | December 28, 2010 11:31 PM | Report abuse

I openly hate DHall because he can't cover his shadow or tackle his sister. He has elite hands but has dropped the last four. p1funk has a mancrush on him and is completely blind to all of his inadequacies. QBs throw at DHall because he's usually out of position, gambles too much, and has given up at least 10 TDs this season. He's a 1st down ATM for the other team that lost the 2nd Cowboys game singlehanded.

There is nothing you can say to p1funk, his unconditional love will prevent him from being objective.

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 28, 2010 11:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: reader51 | December 28, 2010 11:28 PM | Report abuse

Rex Ryan got out-voted by his fellow coaches and other players who put DHall in the Pro Bowl.

Are you seriously some kind of retard?

Don't you understand that coaches and player votes count for 2/3 of the ProBowl tally?

Whatever...while Dhall is going to the ProBowl, you and Rex can send each other Youtube clips of his wife's toes...

Posted by: p1funk | December 28, 2010 11:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: reader51 | December 28, 2010 11:28 PM |

Your 2 youtube posts prove zip. You can take any player in the hall of fame and find any number of horrible plays to post. Also, you obviously don't pay attention or you're new here. Everybody on here knows where I graduated from. And it is a far better school then VT. My school would never let a guy play for them just because he can play football, you have to have the grades too. So now that you have thrice proven yourself to be an insufferable idiot, you will be treated accordinlgy. Please feel free to find another blog as we have more than our fair share of retarded 3rd graders already posting here.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 11:35 PM | Report abuse

From the Houston Chronicle.

Well it seems obvious the NFL needs to dispatch their drug testing squad to Washington DC to meet with Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall as he similarly is tripping. After spending much of his Sunday covering -- or rather, ATTEMPTING to cover -- All Pro receiver Andre Johnson, Hall was unimpressed.

"I gave him a lot of props during the game. During the game, he didn't scare me. He didn't do anything that looked spectacular. He didn't do anything to make me feel like he was the best.

"Maybe the numbers indicate he is, but I didn't feel that way when I lined up against him."

Of course, Andre ended the game with a lowly 12 passes caught for 158 yards and a touchdown. PATHETIC! Hall wasn't done though, he also had words for Matt Schaub, saying "We had him rattled. I felt like we were dominating those guys, hitting Schaub whenever we wanted to. He was falling down, you know, without anybody even around him, like Peyton Manning does a lot."

Schaub finished the game with 497 yards on 38-52 passing with 3 TDs and an INT, yeah, sounds like he was TOTALLY rattled...

Think before you speak DeAngelo, while Shaub may not be the best QB in the game, he sure can chuck the ball and Johnson definitely is in the top 3 WRs in the game so shut your mouth and let your play speak for itself. In this case, it says you weren't up the task.

[Houston Chronicle]

Posted by: reader51 | December 28, 2010 11:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 28, 2010 11:32 PM | Report abuse

Diesle openly hates DHall for all the ignorant schmuck reasons that the other ignoramuses up here like to pull out of their sweaty crotches.

He can't tackle, but he has more tackles than any other DB going to the ProBowl.

He can't cover, but he has 14 passes defensed and 6 ints on the year.

For Diez and the others who smoke DHall-hate like crack, there's nothing that can be done to change their mind.

No amount of tackles, plays in the secondary, turnovers, or even a visit to the ProBowl can change their mind.

And I'm waiting for the record/stat/evidence that indicates he gave up 10TDs this year.

Anytime you want to post a reference, feel free.

Posted by: p1funk | December 28, 2010 11:37 PM | Report abuse

DHall is not my choice for corner of the year but he is nowhere near as bad as some would have us believe. Plus, he's a Redskin. Where's the love for the team? Take your hate home with you, please don't leave it here.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 11:45 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and take ROYDELL PHUKING WILLIAMS with you too please.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 11:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: reader51 | December 28, 2010 11:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | December 28, 2010 11:32 PM

===============
The ProBowl is a popularity vote joke.
DHall getting in and Fletch staying out for so long, prove it.
One great game (Chicago) should not get you in... but, it made national headlines and impressed the voters... But not the Skins fans who saw DHall for what he really was the 15 other games of the year.
A CB whose tackle total is high because teams target him knowing he cant cover and betting that he'll miss the tackle or take the gamble.... Exactly what Rex Ryan said in the youtube video. But I guess you know more than an NFL HC?

Posted by: reader51 | December 28, 2010 11:52 PM | Report abuse

What's funny about his comments after the Texan's game was that he spent the whole game letting Kevin Walter go for 140+ and a TD.

p1funk- stats are for losers, instead of watching the game with your pants down by your ankles "worshiping" DHall, pay attention to DHalls all around game. There is a reason he's made so many tackles, QBs throw at him because his receiver is open.

2 TDs in the Cowboys game and I'm sure there are at least 8 more where that came from.

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 28, 2010 11:55 PM | Report abuse

Reader 51,
Before posting something to support your position you may want to check its credibility. Your article states the following:
"DeAngelo once was considered a top cornerback in the league, briefly, then, after signing a $70 million contract with the Raiders he immediately started tanking before being dumped by Oakland and then the Falcons before catching on with the Redskins."

Hall was drafted by Atlanta, traded for by Oakland and then cut and signed by the Redskins. True facts are kind of important.
BTW who would you have put in instead of Hall and why?

Posted by: lifelongfan | December 29, 2010 12:05 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 28, 2010 11:35 PM
======================
Not sure where you attended "school" (college?) however VPI, in my opinion, is an excellent college with highly accomplished alumni.
HTTR

Posted by: reader51 | December 29, 2010 12:11 AM | Report abuse

If Hall is in Pro Bowl, his value goes up. Good...trade him. He sucks. He's so overrated it's pathetic. Key on him sometime for a few plays. He's horrible. Like Cutler said " I'd throw at him all night"....that's Hall's reputation from NFL QBs....Sure, he'll have a good night now and then, but Pro Bowl? Come on, man...

Posted by: Riggo2 | December 29, 2010 12:13 AM | Report abuse

"And, evident from your posting, a college degree could greatly improve your spelling and grammar. Its never too late."

I love crap like this.

Apropos of nothing, I also love that it's a work week (okay, a three-day work week for me) and it feels like a holiday every frickin' day. Love it.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 29, 2010 12:15 AM | Report abuse

Reader 51,

BTW who would you have put in instead of Hall and why?

Posted by: lifelongfan | December 29, 2010 12:05 AM

===========
I just pasted the article from the Houston Chronicle and Slanchreport (see below).... I think what they meant was he was tanked by the Falcons and the Raiders .. and just put it in the wrong order.

Posted by: reader51 | December 29, 2010 12:20 AM | Report abuse

HTTR

Posted by: reader51 | December 29, 2010 12:11 AM

Little does the idiot poster know that it has long been a running gag on here that an architecture graduate from the Georgia Institute of Technology cares not for grammmer annd speeling wen tiping onn a blogg. Hee allso dooesn't undeerstand thaat wee tipycaly mok thee speeling annd grammer polise.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 29, 2010 12:21 AM | Report abuse

They should retitle that article posted by our illustrious read "DeAngelo Hall's mouth is writing checks that he just cashed."

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 29, 2010 12:25 AM | Report abuse

I love crap like this.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 29, 2010 12:15 AM
===============
And sh-t isnt getting done anywhere.
If this was Europe this Holiday would be part of the mandatory 4 weeks of vacation per year.. 6 weeks if you're over 45.

Posted by: reader51 | December 29, 2010 12:26 AM | Report abuse

A 2011 4th round pick for Joe Webb....Loosen up Shanny baby!

We need a young brotha' that can scramble and throw:)

Posted by: rickyroge | December 29, 2010 12:31 AM | Report abuse

Here is a youtube proving that Tom Brady shouldn't be in the probowl:

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 29, 2010 12:33 AM | Report abuse

Here is a youtube proving that Peyton Manning shouldn't be in the probowl:

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 29, 2010 12:35 AM | Report abuse

Well, I AM managing to get some work done, despite (or perhaps because of?) that unshakable holiday feeling.

And some commenting on the RI, which is a bonus.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 29, 2010 12:35 AM | Report abuse

Glad you got a short week Nate. Wish I could say the same thing. Running your own show doesn't leave a whole lotta time for short weeks. I did take a vacation this year though.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 29, 2010 12:40 AM | Report abuse

A 2011 4th round pick for Joe Webb....Loosen up Shanny baby!

We need a young brotha' that can scramble and throw:)

Posted by: rickyroge | December 29, 2010 12:31 AM
==============
Webb is impressive, but, Shanny seems to prefer a Stepford QB that will stick to Kyle's progressions and make his reads while remaining in the pocket.

Whereas, ironically, with the current poor OLine personnel, the Skins actually require a scrambling QB like Webb.. who can buy time to make those progressions.

To state the obvious, the Shanahan era will never succeed without an above average OLine.

Posted by: reader51 | December 29, 2010 12:45 AM | Report abuse

Stanzi doesn't look so hot tonight.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 29, 2010 12:54 AM | Report abuse

But Coker has been getting it done for Iowa.

Posted by: kerzon417 | December 29, 2010 12:57 AM | Report abuse

Most of you are right. Hall is not an elite corner in this league, but we've got him signed to a modest contract and the guy can make huge plays every few games. There is no sense in dealing a guy who is one of just a few left in a paper thin secondary. He clearly wants to be here....One of the few who does. He should be one of the vets we keep while rebuilding.

Posted by: skins91r | December 29, 2010 1:03 AM | Report abuse

Hey guys, what about the thought of grabbing two o line man with our top 2 picks??

Try to trade back from the first, if not then grab a d lineman or OLB

Maybe Adrian Clayborn or Von Miller

Then second pick go o line

Wait another yr for qb, so when we do have one we can do something we did back in that day, what was it called?? Oh ya blocking! That's right we could block again!

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | December 29, 2010 1:04 AM | Report abuse

Just a reminder:

This guy Webb ain't all that bad.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 28, 2010 8:42 PM

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 29, 2010 1:05 AM | Report abuse

HTTR

Posted by: reader51 | December 29, 2010 12:11 AM

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 29, 2010 12:21 AM

=============
What a coincidence. I just drove over a bridge that was designed/engineered by a Georgia Tech A/E grad.

Posted by: reader51 | December 29, 2010 1:08 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: reader51 | December 29, 2010 1:08 AM |

Now that's funny.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 29, 2010 1:10 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: skins91r | December 29, 2010 1:03 AM | Report abuse

Try to trade back from the first, if not then grab a d lineman or OLB

Maybe Adrian Clayborn or Von Miller

Then second pick go o line

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | December 29, 2010 1:04 AM |

Co Sign on both. Only thing with the o line draft is we may be able to get a decent g/c in FA so it might make sense to look around and take BPA's with those picks.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 29, 2010 1:13 AM | Report abuse

Let's also not forget that this is the 32nd ranked defense. Our d line gets no pressure, therefor QB's have all day, thus making things difficult for our DB's. D Hall has 6 picks. Imagine if any QB we play against was hurried ever. That number would increase. His coverage would also look better if recievers didn't have an extra couple seconds to shake him or if the safeties helped out like they should. Not saying he's great but he's not as bad as some would have us believe. But say what you want...even if you are wrong. Night all.
HAIL!!!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 29, 2010 1:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 29, 2010 12:21 AM

=====
scampbell..
speaking of Georgia Tech... One of the best Head Coaches in college and the NFL (W-L aside), in my opinion, Bobby Ross. Total class and integrity. Academics first attitude befitting his VMI pedigree (vis a vis John McKenna).
GT should of brought him back after he quit the Lions.

Posted by: reader51 | December 29, 2010 1:24 AM | Report abuse

"Orakpo had a down year as well. He only has 8.5 sacks."

N*GGA, YOU GET HELDBACK BY THE WHITEMAN LIKE ORAKPO DID THIS YEAR AND YOU TELL ME ABOUT "ALL-PRO"....

Posted by: frak | December 29, 2010 1:28 AM | Report abuse

No trade value out there for McNab; name one club that would give even a 7th for him if they believe he'll be available as a free agent. Maybe a 7th for AH, but even that will be difficult because coaches don't want attitude problems on the sidelines--nor do they want free-lancers (ala LaVar who cudda been an Urlacher but would not stick to any defensive scheme he was in).
May I repeat, Mallet = Ryan Leaf deja vu.

Posted by: iliwai34 | December 29, 2010 1:38 AM | Report abuse

That's the reality.

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 28, 2010 7:26 PM

More like the perception...of a fan with bitter beer face over a losing season.

First off, an "average year" for Fletch is better than the best year of most ILBs in the league. Not sure why you'd hate on this guy being a Pro-Bowler. Save for Patrick Willis and Jon Beason, I'm not sure who you'd put over Fletch in the NFC.

Second, I don't get how you just casually gloss over DHall's 6 picks and 2 TDs like they're nothing. If he did that over 2 seasons that would be a good run...dude did most of that damage the first half of one season. Faulting him for not being a shutdown corner is crazy, especially considering how few impact players we have on either side of the ball.

I mean, really dude...instead nitpicking to death the one guy we got in, just be glad we have ANY Pro-Bowlers after the season we've had...

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 29, 2010 5:13 AM | Report abuse

Reader51 Congrats you win the dumbest posting award this round. Since you are so privy to the redskins defensive back calls and know when hall was beat or making up for poor safety help we applaud your expertise. By the way why would you spend so much time researching info. just to bash D Hall? seems like you have more important thing to do you db guru you.

Posted by: clwalker1906 | December 29, 2010 5:18 AM | Report abuse

Ugh...this is my hell:

Pro Bowler Brandon Lloyd has a two-word message for his former teams
Posted by Mike Florio on December 29, 2010, 4:57 AM EST

Cee Lo Green ain’t got nothin’ on Brandon Lloyd.

The Broncos arranged a press conference on Tuesday for Lloyd, the only member of the team who made it to the Pro Bowl after the franchise’s toilet bowl season. And near the end of the session, Lloyd was asked if he wanted to say “told you so” to the three teams for which he previously played — the 49ers, Redskins, and Bears.

Said Lloyd, per Mike Klis of the Denver Post: ”No, I want to say, ‘F–k you.’ And I mean that in the most professional way.”

Klis said that the “F” bomb was delivered “half-good naturedly, half-seriously.”

Either way, we think that the most pointed and biting two-word phrase in the English language should now be chased whenever uttered with the disclaimer, “And I mean that in the most professional way.”

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 29, 2010 5:51 AM | Report abuse

1. D. Hall is a pitiful excuse for a cornerback. He must have an extremely large family to have received enough votes.

2. How is it that 'Boys team with more losses than the Skins rates 5 more ProBowlers. Not saying the Skins deserved more than they got (exception - London Fletcher), but the 'Boys may be the most overrated collection of "talent" in history.

Posted by: js19601 | December 29, 2010 5:56 AM | Report abuse

Rather than questioning Hall's abilities, maybe we should be asking how the Redskins defense has fallen from a top ten defense to last this year ? Many like to blame McNabb for our record this year but maybe if the defense hadn't been made incompetent by bad decisions by Shanny the record would have been a little better. Making players play in a system they are ill suited for is not the sign of a good coach. Especially when most of those players are not in the teams future plans.

Posted by: Falmouth1 | December 29, 2010 6:01 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: js19601 | December 29, 2010 5:56 AM

1. You're an idiot...if 6 picks and 2 TDs is a "pitiful excuse for a CB", then we could all be so lucky as to have such a pitiful player.

2. Having a star on your helmet automatically makes you overrated. That's why they have 5 Pro-Bowlers. At least 3 of them got in on reputation alone.

I'll seriously never understand all the blind hatred for DHall...and I'm not even a big fan of his...

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 29, 2010 6:02 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Falmouth1 | December 29, 2010 6:01 AM |

You mean the top 10 defense that only produced 4 wins last year.

The time to switch the defense was this year considering smart fans were not expecting much from this team.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 29, 2010 6:31 AM | Report abuse

You mean the top 10 defense that only produced 4 wins last year.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 29, 2010 6:31 AM

Amen.

I wish some folks up here would stop getting so caught up in rankings and see where the changes in the defense have taken place...last year, the D didn't give up much yardage early in games but they sure as hell gave up a ton of yards and points in the 4th quarter. They rarely took the ball away or sacked the QB. This year, there was a vast improvement in takeaways and save for a couple bad performances against the Eagles and Giants, they've kept the scoring down even though the lack of ideal personnel has cost them in the yardage deptartment--and in the process, their defensive ranking. There's nothing anyone can say to make me believe our D is worse than the one stinking out the joint in Houston right now.

It's a work in progress...and to me, this unit could have been A LOT worse than it was, all things considered...

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 29, 2010 6:39 AM | Report abuse

Beep...Numbers nerd post

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 29, 2010 6:47 AM | Report abuse

How is the defense a work in progress if most of the current players will not be playing in it ? How would not a more agressive 4-3 not have had a better turnover margin than least year. And let's not forget last year the offense could not stay on the field leaving an exhausted defense by the 4th quarter. Even Haslett has said he would have preferred playing a 4-3 and was overruled by the Shanny. Why have several of the impact players sacks declined this year (Carter and Oracpo) ? Face it, the current admin has made many bad decisions this year. What do we have to feel good about other than our new left offensive tackle ?

Posted by: Falmouth1 | December 29, 2010 7:20 AM | Report abuse

Maurkice Pouncey, center, Steelers, is a rookie Pro Bowler.

Can we draft his brother?

Please?

Posted by: MistaMoe

******************************
As a die hard Gator who watched every snap the past several seasons, let me tell you that you don't want Mike Pouncey. He may be Maurkice's twin, but he doesn't play like him. He's a 4th round talent.

Posted by: ElSith | December 29, 2010 8:17 AM | Report abuse

Maurkice Pouncey, center, Steelers, is a rookie Pro Bowler.

Can we draft his brother?

Please?

Posted by: MistaMoe

******************************

Posted by: ElSith | December 29, 2010 8:18 AM | Report abuse

DeAngelo Hall, Pro Bowl?!?!?!?!?! You have got to be kidding me. This is the same guy who said he wanted to check the #1 receiver for each team. He did, and he was smoked continuously all season. Pro Bowl, what a joke.

Posted by: carterm1 | December 29, 2010 9:41 AM | Report abuse

I like Orakpo, but I'm tired of the holding excuse everyone likes to use for him. Every good pass rusher gets held on almost every play. Hopefully, he'll learn to overcome them.

As far as Lorenzo Alexander goes, he's a good Special Teams player and backup.

Posted by: Chigliak | December 29, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

The best way to improve your career in Washington is to get as far away from here as possible. Brandon Lloyd made the pro bowl. Remember Steve Czaben and Andy Pollin lampooning him and humiliating him on Dan Snyders network. Lets find somebody to blame radio network. Unless you are a drama queen get the hell out of here.

Posted by: HelloNewman53 | December 29, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Gotta love all this talk about drafting a QB with the first pick. Until the O-Line gets the help it needs, it won't matter who you draft at QB--he'll get eaten alive.

Posted by: tmkelley | December 29, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse

The editing of this column is horrible. Repeated grafs. C'mon, people.

Posted by: jermke | December 29, 2010 8:56 PM | Report abuse

The reason Hall has so many interceptions is that he gambles too much, so offenses love to throw to his man. He is not even the best CB on the team. He is just another overrated big mouth. But the Redskin fans love self-promoting big mouths. Just like Fred Smoot. Snyder and some fans still think he was a competent DB, but no other team in the NFL would have him.

Posted by: jos587 | December 30, 2010 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jos587 | December 30, 2010 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Great player by Danny Snyder/Redskin fan standards: Can't tackle and selfishly goes for the big play that backfires more often than it succeeds.
But he knows how to promote himself, so he must be good.
A Fred Smoot clone.