Hall: Texans WR Andre Johnson is the NFL's best

Second-year running back Arian Foster has received a lot of attention this week, and deservedly so, after rushing for 231 yards and three touchdowns in Houston's season-opening victory over Indianapolis.

Obviously, defensive coordinator Jim Haslett will account for Foster in the game plan, but the Redskins also must contend with wide receiver Andre Johnson, who is "the best receiver in the game, hands down," according to DeAngelo Hall, the Redskins' top cornerback. "He's a physical specimen, man, just a new breed."

Listed at 6 foot 3, 223 pounds, Johnson possesses a rare combination of size and speed. He's also among the league's most sure-handed receivers.

With the Texans relying heavily on the running game against the Colts, Johnson had only three receptions for 33 yards in the 34-24 victory. The eight-year veteran is coming off consecutive seasons of at least 101 catches and more than 1,500 yards.

Johnson is a major challenge, said cornerback Carlos Rogers. "He's a big guy, physical guy," Rogers said. "They've got a lot of routes, lot of double moves, lot of different things out of the same formation and alignments."

If given the opportunity, can Eagles quarterback Michael Vick rediscover the spark that made him one of the most electrifying players in the NFL a few short years ago? Will he become Philadelphia's starting quarterback? See what our panelists say in The League:

By Jason Reid  |  September 16, 2010; 2:00 PM ET
Categories:  Carlos Rogers , DeAngelo Hall
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Clinton Portis declines to comment, with help from Albert Haynesworth
Next: Statistical analysis: When should a coach take points off the board?

Comments

I just had a butt-cheek-rippling fart.

Ahhhhhhh, good stuff.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 16, 2010 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Uh oh, did he say double move?

Posted by: stevek20147 | September 16, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Umm...double moves? Oh nooooooooo.

On a serious side, I like our chances. On paper I don't like our odds but I believe in the turn around the regime has made and believe we can win this one at home.

Now if we were playing in Houston...I'd have a different feeling.

I think Donovan will play well, and I feel our D will come through with key turnovers, or 3 and outs when it matters most.

Posted by: Devo2 | September 16, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Dammit, I made a good Fat Bastard joke about Haynesworth too, now it'll be gone forever.......

Posted by: monk811 | September 16, 2010 2:01 PM

That sucks monk...I'm thinking Hess maybe behind this...

Posted by: PlayAction | September 16, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

Nah, sounds like something Poopy, Albert_Haynesworth or BlueStar Ointment would do, you know they're all the same person, oops, didn't mean to let the cat outta the bag! I wonder how many more troll User IDs does he have?

Posted by: monk811 | September 16, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

CR22 was able to say 'Double Move' without melting........

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 16, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Marshawn (sp?) Lynch has fallen out of favor with the Bills.......I think I would be okay for a AH to the Bills for Lynch deal. Then we could send LJ on his way

Posted by: rupertpupkin | September 16, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

poopy_mcpoop only has 1 User ID. But keep your detective skills sharp. Maybe one day you and hessone will be right about something.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 16, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

If we can pull this out we're looking at 3-0 when McNabb goes to Philly for revenge game...

Posted by: Rypien11 | September 16, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

I respectfully disagree DeAngelo...as you will see this weekend...Anthony Armstrong is the best receiver in the league.

Posted by: PlayAction | September 16, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Already am right about this, and I'm not a detective, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. The beds were all nasty, smelly and stained up. Wait a minute, where were you the night before Poopy?

Posted by: monk811 | September 16, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Vincent Jackson will serve a 4 game suspension if he is traded....let's make is happen bruce

Posted by: kingpenn1 | September 16, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Vincent Jackson will serve a 4 game suspension if he is traded....let's make it happen bruce

Posted by: kingpenn1 | September 16, 2010 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rupertpupkin | September 16, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

I would take Lynch in a minute, but I still dont want to give up on AH yet. But, ur right about LJ, I'm starting to think he's not a good fit for the team.

Posted by: taylormade218 | September 16, 2010 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kingpenn1 | September 16, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

I agree. He should be here already..I'm still wondering why Thomas can't beat out Galloway and Armstrong.

Posted by: taylormade218 | September 16, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse