Don Warren, Russ Bolinger out as Redskins scouts

As the Redskins prepare to reshape their front office and scouting departments, they'll be moving forward without pro scout Don Warren and national scout Russ Bolinger.

Warren played tight end for the team from 1979-92 and returned as a member of the personnel department in 2005 under Joe Gibbs. He played a major role in scouting Washington opponents, as well as evaluating pro talent across the league.

Bolinger was the team's top national scout and joined the organization in 2005, coming from the Detroit Lions, where he spent the previous nine seasons in the personnel department. Bolinger spent 10 years playing offensive line for Detroit and the Los Angeles Rams. He played a major role in scouting college talent and making evaluations the team used on draft day.

A shake-up in the scouting department is common when a new general manager and head coach take the reins, and teams usually wait until immediately after the NFL Draft to begin making changes. Warren won't be the last one. It's believed that more changes are on the horizon among both the college and pro scouts. There will also be some changes in the front office, as well, as Coach Mike Shanahan and General Manager Bruce Allen can finally make some of their own hires in key personnel positions.

While Karl Swanson, the long-time senior vice president, was the first domino to fall this week, Warren is the more recognizable name for fans. He was named one of the 70 greatest Redskins in 2002 and spent his entire career in burgundy and gold. He played in four Super Bowls under Gibbs. Between his playing career in Washington and his scouting career here, Warren coached football and baseball in Centreville.

There's probably never a good time to let an employee go, but May 5 is also Warren's birthday. He turns 54 today.

By Rick Maese  |  May 5, 2010; 11:59 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Shaping the roster will continue to be priority in Redskins' next minicamp
Next: Source: Redskins hire scout Richard Mann II

Comments

If republicans are pro life, why do they start wars?

Posted by: Debaitor

I'm trying to understand how you want to generate more fuddaball chatta with specious rhetorical questioning.

Perhaps the first deba(i)te you need need to have is with yourself.

'Cuz if you do, you'll see you're the only pansy here that needs to be pulled.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 5, 2010 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Not Donnie Warren!!!!!!

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | May 5, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

gotta say i've enjoyed Rick Maese's posts...no needless editorial opinions, just the facts ma'am

Posted by: altarkenton | May 5, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Not Donnie Warren!!!!!!!!

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | May 5, 2010 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Had to see this coming...this sort of purge (I'm sure more names will follow) typically comes after the draft when there's a change in regime. Can't wait to see how many Texans scouts we get to replace 'em, haha.

Posted by: brownwood26 | May 5, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

debaitor;

you next sentance should be

Posted by: Zeebs | May 5, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Zeebs | May 5, 2010 12:11 PM | Report abuse

TheCork, et al

Don't use a big, fast tight end as a receiver?

Small school types don't play the position well enough?

Let's see.

Here's the league's Top 20 by production from last season:

ss=small school te= tight end

1 Pierre Garcon ss

2 Austin Collie

3 Jerricho Cotchery

4 Marques Colston ss

5 Sidney Rice

6 Devery Henderson

7 Dustin Keller te

8 Dallas Clark te

9 Steve Breaston

10 Reggie Wayne

11 Jermichael Finley te

18 Jason Witten te

19 Miles Austin ss

20 Vincent Jackson ss

Looks to me like you can do will with good small school receivers and tight ends used as receivers.

That was an easy argument to win.

Next....

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 5, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: altarkenton | May 5, 2010 12:05 PM

I don't usually put JReid in the doghouse... but I hadn't really noticed this until you mentioned it. the hamsters do a pretty good job of sniffing out controversy by themselves.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 5, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

If I continue posing questions that require thought, how many pansies will I run off the blog today ?

Posted by: Debaitor | May 5, 2010

Here's one for you: If you look in the mirror, does your gay-dar go off?

Posted by: ga8085 | May 5, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

skins picked up TWO receivers from UCLA, which is located in beautiful downtown Westwood CA. If YOU'RE a scout, would you rather spend time there in Westwood, or in East Buhfungoo, Idaho, catching a Division IV game?

Posted by: TheCork | May 5, 2010 11:58 AM

Well, duh, Cork. If you're a talented football player, where would you be playing -- Westwood or that other place? Scouts go to look for gold in gold mines, not in horse stalls.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 5, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

"Don Warren, Russ Bolinger out as Redskins scouts"

I guess they showed a little disappointment in a guy -- who they scouted and was ultimately drafted -- getting cut.

They didn't get mad over the fact, initially.

They didn't demand answers.

They didn't even insult Shanahan.

They just showed a little disappointment, and they were fired for that.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 5, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Cotchery, Keller, Collie were top 20 last year and Larry Fitz wasn't -- not sure I follow your list there Moe

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 5, 2010 12:20 PM | Report abuse

And 4 were Colts, so it may have nothing to do with either of those three measures Moe, maybe just the QB throwing it (of course two Jets on there for a run heavy team and rook QB make that suspicious in my eyes)

Posted by: Zeebs | May 5, 2010 12:22 PM | Report abuse

"But if the FO and coaching staff thought Marko was dead weight as far as helping this team this year, then so be it.

Posted by: TWISI"

I never said anything against 'so be it.' Nobody here is shedding tears or professing the collapse of the Redskins because of this.

But just because the FO and coaching staff thought Marko was "dead weight as far as helping the team this year," that (1) doesn't make them correct, and (2) opens up the philosophical argument between winning now and preparing for the future. And on both accounts, I stand opposite the FO and coaching staff on this issue.

Obviously, we're simply going to have to disagree on the idea of what constitutes an opportunity to succeed. One 3-day, voluntary introductory minicamp to something as complex as an NFL scheme and playbook is nowhere even close to a realistic opportunity to show that you can operate successfully. It's not even close. One month wouldn't be enough time. If any of the rookies got cut prior to training camp, it wouldn't be enough time. If Terence Austen were to get cut on Tuesday, it would be a bad draft pick AND a mistake on the FO/coaching staff for not allowing enough of an opportunity for a prospect to get settled into the NFL under their tutelage.

So again, Mitchell was not given the opportunity to succeed under this regime, for whatever factors Shanahan reasoned.

Posted by: psps23 | May 5, 2010 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | May 5, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

I can't argue w/ those moves.

And before the beep:

@Debaitor [ie: troll] You just put yourself on that list. ITA unless you cut it out.

@cL - really? I thot the whole point of Mike was to set it up for Kyle. I want a strong foundation so we can be competative for a long time. I don't need wins early.

@etrod NONSENSICAL COMMERCIAL ... is better than "we like the subs" even.
can't.
stop.
snickering.

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 5, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 5, 2010 12:24 PM | Report abuse

in any case... how 'bout those auditions coming up this weekend?

thus far we have shout outs for the following potential bench-warmers to make it to camp, in relative order of popularity:

Daryll Clark (PSU QB)
Logan Paulsen (UCLA TE)
Anderson Russell (OSU S)
Melvin Stephenson II (UTEP CB)
Tony Nelson (UMass RB)

my vote was on record at May 5, 2010 11:15 AM for Daryll Clark.

once all votes are in, I'll pass along the results directly to Michael Shanahan, without any tampering of the ballot box.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 5, 2010 12:25 PM | Report abuse

The Skins draft picks over the last few years haven't been bad -- at least talent-wise. Not as sure about the scouting of pro teams/players.

Not surprised at the shake-up, but nothing that's happened so far in this offseason has made me think that Shanahan is a great GM sort.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 5, 2010 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Debaitor | May 5, 2010

Here's one for you: If you look in the mirror, does your gay-dar go off?

Posted by: ga8085

Hahahahah....freaking hilarious. I usually read and don't post but i had to say I'm tired of hearing this debaitor bring up nonsense. This is a site to talk Redskins not bs!

Posted by: crzyvgs | May 5, 2010 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Ew - I missed that part about it being Donny's B-Day. Ok. That was stupid & it sucks. Way to goof it up again Snyder. Ugh.

Oh & the link didn't go in my re-post:

crazy powerdrink commercial. Awesmoe.

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 5, 2010 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Nonsensical mass postings + Debaitor = Mass Debaitor

Seriously, get a clue. We're laughing at you, not with you. Take your misplaced rants and go home, you silly little troll.

Posted by: HTTR | May 5, 2010 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Yes ... but the UDFA free safety from Ohio State gets better buzz.

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

I gotta say im rooting for this guy. He has been a long time contributor to a very winning OSU program. I remember him beastin out against Texas in the fiesta bowl season before last. Picked of Colt and simply dropped Shipley on nasty hit.

Posted by: Stu27 | May 5, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stu27 | May 5, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | May 5, 2010 12:19 PM | Report abuse

I'll leave it there because I completely don't agree with your reasoning.

Posted by: TWISI | May 5, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

"One 3-day, voluntary introductory minicamp to something as complex as an NFL scheme and playbook is nowhere even close to a realistic opportunity to show that you can operate successfully. It's not even close. One month wouldn't be enough time."

If the coaches thought Mitchell wasn't a viable candidate, they did him a big favor by releasing him now, so Detroit could sign him to an available spot.

Posted by: Samson151 | May 5, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Zeebs
____________________________________________

Hey Zeebs,
it will be interesting to see how he defends that position.

Boy, is not a Happy Birthday for Don Warren. Thanks for your service and hope you find something you enjoy doing for work.

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | May 5, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Yes ... but the UDFA free safety from Ohio State gets better buzz.

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stu27 | May 5, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stu27 | May 5, 2010 12:31 PM | Report abuse

My guess: Marko was cut based on the minicamp plus all that tape that Shanahan and the coaches watched from last season, including training camp, where Marko starred. Maybe he wasn't in shape at the minicamp.

Then they did him a favor by cutting him now so he could sign with somebody else.

Posted by: Samson151 | May 5, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse

tru dat, Samson.

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 5, 2010 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Ray;

I dont know if he/she was playing sides. I actually expected him to say the opposing side to get a reaction. i was just trying to beat him to the punch.

Although that is my personal belief, what he says about either 'side' is pointless and is not breaking any new ground.

So really should just ITA and not rile up the masses as he intends to do

Posted by: Zeebs | May 5, 2010 12:35 PM | Report abuse

"If dems are against punishing criminals with the death penalty, why are they for the killing of innocent life with abortion?
Posted by: Zeebs
Hey Zeebs,
it will be interesting to see how he defends that position."

What position? You mean that hopeless straw man posted above?

We really should stick to football. Apparently we're not fit to discuss anything more complicated.

Posted by: Samson151 | May 5, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 5, 2010 12:26 PM | Report abuse

I get the same impression. And I still think they should pick up the center Kevin Mawae, saw him the other day on ESPN complaining he hasn't even received an inquiry from a team. I know he's old as hell, but the man made the pro bowl last yr and I guarantee he's better then Rabach.

Posted by: ga8085 | May 5, 2010 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Zeebs

I'm assuming you're either a Republican, or a believer in divinity.

What if the woman was raped, does she still have the right to choose whether to have the child or not?

Sorry if I'm not for a woman having to recall one of the most, if not THE most, horrific moment in her life every time she looks at her own child.

That's my only beef with the anti-abortion crowd.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 5, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

"Don Warren, Russ Bolinger out as Redskins scouts"

They didn't get mad over the fact, initially.

They didn't demand answers.

They didn't even insult Shanahan.

They just showed a little disappointment, and they were fired for that.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 5, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Red, really? Stop being such a ******. He got cut they got fired......the sun will come up tomorrow.

Posted by: rupertpupkin | May 5, 2010 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | May 5, 2010 12:23 PM

You keep saying they released him based on a three day mini camp. Where do you get that from? Do you know whether they checked how he graded out last season? Do you know whether they watched the little bit of NFL game tape they had on the guy? You haven't a clue what went into their analysis of whether he could help the team this season.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | May 5, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

"What about tape from last season, including camp, where Marko stalled? I'm guessing that's what Shanahan is basing his opinion on.

Posted by: Samson151"

Maybe he is, who knows. But my guess is that's not what set him over the top, considering one of Shanahan's first quotes regarding his evaluation of the players was that "you never know until you see them play in your system" (paraphrased).

My actual guess is that Shanahan knows who he wants for his receiving corp. He wants 2 veterans (Moss and Galloway/Wade), 2 higher potential projects (Thomas and Kelly), and 1 STer (Austen, who gets extra value because he was a draft pick). Following that, he wanted training camp bodies, probably guys that could practice ST too, and Mitchell barely fit the script. And I'd disagree with Shanahan's philosophy regarding that.

And yes, he did Mitchell a favor by releasing him so early.

Posted by: psps23 | May 5, 2010 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Yes ... but the UDFA free safety from Ohio State gets better buzz.

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stu27 | May 5, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

thanks stu for the reminder @ 12:31 pm. I'm coming around a little on Anderson Russell (OSU). supposedly he can play nickel back in addition to free safety, so this would make some sense for competition in the backfield. given the need there, I'll bump him up one spot above Logan Paulsen:

Daryll Clark (PSU QB)
Anderson Russell (OSU S)
Logan Paulsen (UCLA TE)
Melvin Stephenson II (UTEP CB)
Tony Nelson (UMass RB)

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 5, 2010 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Neither Red;

Cases of Rape or incest are not included in that comment.

As i said, my intent was not to rile up the masses, but rile up debaitor, or beat him to the punch, since i assumed he would then pose my view to rile up the masses.

I dont know why someone has to be republican or a believer to think that A) our society is based on rule of law and if certain laws are broken, one must lose their right to life, and B) other than the two cases cited above, how anyone can get rid of a life because they made a mistake and didnt put on a jimmy hat or it broke or whatever...

The idea that a fetus is alive is a common one with both group, but certainly not exclusive to either...

Posted by: Zeebs | May 5, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Not sure why the banner ad over this page is for the HOF Class of 2010 -- and it features Jerry Rice. Really? When Russ Grimm is going in, the ad features Jerry Rice?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 5, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

...the sun will come up tomorrow.

Posted by: rupertpupkin

I'm in my mid 20s and know that this isn't a for sure thing. So many people who thought that and would've said the same thing... and they were right the sun did come up.

Just not for them.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 5, 2010 12:50 PM | Report abuse

"You keep saying they released him based on a three day mini camp.

Posted by: learnedhand1"

No, I'm saying precisely the opposite. They released him without giving him the opportunity to succeed. A 3-day minicamp is as good as nothing when it comes to evaluating how a player, especially a raw one-year pro, will do in a complex NFL offense. For all intents and purposes, my reaction would have been the same if he was cut before the minicamp instead of now.

Now that may be based on how they view his potential from last year, but for anyone to say he was given a shot and failed with this regime is absolute lunacy.

Posted by: psps23 | May 5, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

And yes, he did Mitchell a favor by releasing him so early.

Posted by: psps23

But did he do us a favor?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 5, 2010 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Cases of Rape or incest are not included in that comment.

Posted by: Zeebs

Okay, I can get that. Abortions are okay in cases of rape and incest. But not in any other case.

Agreed. If you wanted to go bare-back, or you just simply had consensual sex, then no, that person should NOT be allowed to have an abortion.

Me and my homies used to have a saying: 30 gets you 18

Posted by: RedDMV | May 5, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse

just a gentle reminder that votes on audition prospects are due by the close of business today at 5:00 pm EST, so that Michael Shanahan has time to process the results before this weekend. speak now or forever hold your peace... and such.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 5, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | May 5, 2010 12:52 PM

Posted by: TWISI | May 5, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Sellers needs to revert back to H BAck....

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 5, 2010 10:16 AM

Sellers needs to revert back to looking for a job, we have a young talented rookie on the roster that can play H-Back, solid and ferocious blocker, tight end and receiver, 4thFloor, his name is Dennis Morris, popularly known as D-Mo.

Posted by: abxinc | May 5, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 5, 2010 12:24 PM

Dik: Debaitor = Chia_Pet = Risa_L = Rotfrau

All one and the same.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 5, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Just not for them.

Posted by: RedDMV

Me and my homies used to have a saying: 30 gets you 18

Posted by: RedDMV

It is all starting to make sense now......

Posted by: rupertpupkin | May 5, 2010 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: abxinc | May 5, 2010 1:02 PM

Well, we've seen his college highlight reel, but the guy hasn't even put on pads yet. Let's hope he beats Sellers, but it's not a done deal.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 5, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

"So then you're saying everyone who has been cut by this team to date has not been giving a chance to prove themselves, is that correct?

Posted by: TWISI"

For the most part, yes. That's not to say that all of them deserved an opportunity though.

Some were cut for salary reasons. Some were cut because the FO deemed them not worth the opportunity, relative to the rest of the players on the roster. Some had years of tape under their belt (obviously more to work with for evaluation purposes), others had very little. Mitchell falls into the latter of both categories. Most of the cuts I agreed with. But not that one.

Let me frame it this way: if by some chance Mitchell excels in Detroit and becomes a successful receiver, I'd like to see how many people proclaim that Shanahan gave Mitchell an opportunity to stick with the team, but that Mitchell couldn't take advantage.

Posted by: psps23 | May 5, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo

Doesn't matter.

Well it does, as long as you keep who you voted for to yourself. Because God be with you if you vote for ANYONE that Shanahan didn't keep.

Convo will go something like this:

Poster 1: "Man, I'm bummed about the Mitchell release".

Moron 1: "He got release b/c Shanny looked at the film and cut him."

Poster 1: "Thanks, I realize that. I'm wondering what it was specifically that they didn't like."

Moron 1: "Well, obviously they didn't like him. They looked at the film and decided to cut him."

Poster 1: "Yeah, I know that's how it works. I'm just curious to know what they see in some of these other guys they kept that is better than what they saw in Marko."

Moron 1: "They cut him because Shanny is the coach and he wanted him cut."

Poster: "Why do you keep saying the same obvious thing? I understand the mechanics of 'how' cuts happen. I'm curious to know more about the 'why'."

Moron 1: "SHANNY IS A 2X SUPERBOWL COACH. WHO ARE YOU TO QUESTION HIM!?!?! I'M GOING TO TRUST HIS OPINION OVER YOURS ANY DAY !?!?!? HE LOOKED AT THE FILM AND DECIDED TO CUT HIM!?!?!"

Posted by: p1funk
©2010
All Rights Reserved
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, when it gets to that point, which it will, what does it even matter anyway? Better off talking to the damn wall....

Posted by: RedDMV | May 5, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | May 5, 2010 12:58 PM

hey Red, I just wanted to follow up on some of this...

when I have the right to castrate you, then you get the right to tell my wife what to do with her vagina. try looking up the Racial Integrity Act of 1924. that's not the type of society I want to live in.

have at it with the puerile jokes. I've given you the perfect set-up. but it says more about you than it does about me.

in any case, you still haven't said who you like in the list of potential players being vetted this weekend. or maybe that isn't why you're here.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 5, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo

Doesn't matter.

Convo will go something like this:

Poster 1: "Man, I'm bummed about the Mitchell release".

Moron 1: "He got release b/c Shanny looked at the film and cut him."

Moron 1: "They cut him because Shanny is the coach and he wanted him cut."

Posted by: p1funk
©2010
All Rights Reserved

Posted by: RedDMV | May 5, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

moo, I'm not sure what you're driving at, but Daryl Clark is not going to make the team. He has "on the field" issues, specifically, accuracy.

I hope hope hope (and shout out to Stu), that Anderson Russell/Russell Anderson turns out to be one of those undrafted FA gems ... Skins have a NEED at free safety.

Bottom line: They started cutting scouts and the personnel evaluation staff? Who would have guessed THAT would start happening?

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 1:18 PM

not "getting at anything" here, minus a few digs at the Marko issue. mainly trying to get a feel for players that most of us don't follow... and I've learned a few things about them in the process, thanks to fellow posters. not to get misty eyed or anything, but isn't that why we follow this blog?

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 5, 2010 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | May 5, 2010 1:13 PM

Now we're getting somewhere. What's to say a guy like Armstrong, the WR who beat Marko out to earn the right to make it training for the Skins, who has bounced around isn't the next "McCardell" for the Skins. That is to say they could be getting a better look at a player who is closer to being a baller in this league than Mitchell at this point. I other words maybe Mitchell excels in a year or two and beyond, but maybe Armstrong is ready to excel this year and beyond. The thing is we don't know anything about what Armstrong has done to move up the depth chart. My point is I can't make a call right or wrong at this point because I haven't made any observations (camp, games). Until then I'm more or less indifferent on moves that has bearing on the bottom of the roster.

Posted by: TWISI | May 5, 2010 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 1:18 PM

Gonna get ugly up here if they cut fan favorite Marrocco Brown and they don't give a satisfactory explanation why to dlhaze, psps, pfunk, zcezest.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 5, 2010 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Here's the league's Top 20 by production from last season:

1 Pierre Garcon ss
2 Austin Collie--BYU
3 Jerricho Cotchery—N. C. State
4 Marques Colston ss

5 Sidney Rice –South Carolina
6 Devery Henderson--LSU...

Looks to me like you can do well with good small school receivers...

That was an easy argument to win.

Next....

Posted by: MistaMoe

Most arguments ARE easy to win, when you make the stats fit your argument.

I checked the alma maters of the first SIX guys you listed, and four of these alleged "small school" players matriculated at tiny educational institutions like: BYU, NC State, South Carolina, and LSU.

Nice try.

Next...

Posted by: TheCork | May 5, 2010 1:28 PM | Report abuse

couldnt have said it better myself TWISI

Posted by: Zeebs | May 5, 2010 1:28 PM | Report abuse

hey Red, I just wanted to follow up on some of this...

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo

See, the thing is I'm not one who'll just spas for no reason at all. There has to be a "spas enabler". Today it was Greg and his pompous remarks to one of my post. I try and show everyone respect AS LONG AS they keep the respect. Once they put their "dick hat" on, or want to exercise their self-precived intelligence and wit by responding, directing, or co-signing a post that was a slighted at me, that's when I act dumb and fu_king nuts.

Anyway to your comment. I'm not sure what you're trying to say. I'm saying that if a woman was raped or if their was a case in which incest took place, then I don't see why she doesn't have the RIGHT TO CHOOSE if she wants an abortion or not.

However, if a 17 year old couple lay down and do their business and a pregnancy results, then no, abortion should not be an option for them.

Is it possible to be both pro-life and pro-choice? If there is a category, put me in that one.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 5, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

I dunno... I never thought that the scouting was that bad the past few years (say since the middle of Gibbs 2.0). The problem that I saw was that Danny/Vinnie had no coherent philosophy. They get a potentially talented guy like Marko in the seventh round... Pick up Jeremy Jarmon in the third round of the supplemental... but ignore the offensive line for years.

They decide to suddenly jump to a "West Coast" Offense without having the right players and then start drafting "West Coast" players, mixing and matching different philosophies with the new players and the current players.

Finding individual players with talent didn't seem to be the problem....

Posted by: JohnnyRyde | May 5, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

And I dont think we did anything for Marko's benefit.

Shanny must have seen something during offseason conditioning and 3 days of minicamp to let him know Marko would not make the final roster, so why keep him around and take away reps from another up and comer or another position we need to keep young guys at.

Seems like a pretty damning assessment of mitchell if he can fail in that way running and lifting for what, a month - then running routes and catching balls for 3 days. i really doubt shanny cut him if he saw something he liked

Posted by: Zeebs | May 5, 2010 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 1:18 PM

I like Darryl Clark, he has some traits you really look for in a qb. ledership, poise, very athletic. But that boy does throw some DUCKS, haha. Really his passes look terrible rarely see a tight spiral but he gets it done. Not really knocking him for it but their are questions concerning his throwing. People really thought him to be a superstar after Anthony mareli left but he never quite blossomed into what they thought he could have been, despite his record breaking PSU career. That being said he is still better then Colt.

Posted by: Stu27 | May 5, 2010 1:37 PM | Report abuse

I don't know if anyone still watches 24.....

.....My bet is Jack Bauer will finally be killed in the last hour of the show...

Book it!

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 5, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse

theCork

"Most arguments ARE easy to win, when you make the stats fit your argument."

I was just trying to change the argument as the MM stuff had morhped into the surreal.

Obviously, from what I read here, it didn't work.

I'll try some other specious argument.

Next.....

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 5, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | May 5, 2010 1:13 PM |

The guy played like a man among boys, let's not forget he's 6'2 265 with an average speed of 4.45 in 40, and that is a freight train coming towards a Land Cruiser.

Posted by: abxinc | May 5, 2010 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | May 5, 2010 1:29 PM

thanks Red. put me somewhere in the middle, but not quite where you are. these things are tougher when you deal with them in person, and I've had a hard time puzzling out the right answer. no problem with rants about Marko, only fair to take as much as you're willing to dish out. maybe you're my enabler for the day, but let's keep the focus on 'skins.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 5, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Book it!

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 5, 2010 1:38 PM

More like he's going to the "Lost" island for a new series, "Misplaced."

Posted by: beep-beep | May 5, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

I'd like to abort the abortion talk...I honestly can't think of a topic I could honestly care less about what any of you think about.

Also congrats on taking bait from debaitor....

Posted by: chrislarry | May 5, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: abxinc | May 5, 2010 1:40 PM

LOL. You took the bait! Everyone plays like a man among boys in college highlight reels. The point is to play like a man among boys in the NFL.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 5, 2010 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | May 5, 2010 12:58 PM

hey Red, I just wanted to follow up on some of this...

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 5, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse
-------

Moodly,

She can do whatever she wants, as can you. However that doesn't mean there aren't consequences for actions. I'm ambivalent about that particular debate - it doesn't have a black and white answer in my opinion - but I think you're distorting the implications of an abortion law that would expect accountibility for willful action.

...anyways, on the MM front, I'm disappointed he's gone, but I don't know why they let him go. There could be plenty of reasons, some we may understand, others not. Either way, they aren't going to let us know. At this point, I'm going to give these guys the benefit of the doubt and see what happens.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | May 5, 2010 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | May 5, 2010 1:13 PM

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 1:46 PM | Report abuse

chrislarry

"Also congrats on taking bait from debaitor...."

Debaitor is probably Reid or Boren or Maese trolling along to keep this thing going.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 5, 2010 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Wow...abortion debate, folks feeding the troll, and Red still thrashing wildly at everyone on the blog. Nothing to see here, folks...

Posted by: brownwood26 | May 5, 2010 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Well the Marko thing is three days old, for those complaining about the complaining over Marko. - *shout to b-b*

I mean, if it'll make any of you who are growing tired of the Marko talk feel better we could talk about:

Campbell and how he'll do out in Oakland

Who's the best CB on the team

Will Haynesworth play DE or NT

'cause all these topics clearly haven't been discussed ad nauseam as much as Marko Mitchell.

Like, anywhere near...

Posted by: RedDMV | May 5, 2010 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: altarkenton | May 5, 2010 12:05 PM

------

Are you sure you know what a blog is?

Posted by: Keiser | May 5, 2010 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | May 5, 2010 1:46 PM

'nuff said please. other folks can piss on this elsewhere. we've done enough, and unfortunately I've contributed. a forum dominated by men is not the place to discuss abortion. would much rather talk prospects visiting Ashburn this weekend.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 5, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Just read on PFT that today is Donnie Warren's birthday...gotta be rough to get fired on your birthday.

Cue the "Snyder is an A-hole" chorus in 3...2...

Posted by: brownwood26 | May 5, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

... I honestly can't think of a topic I could honestly care less ...

Posted by: chrislarry | May 5, 2010 1:41 PM

Ooooo ... the possible double negative here throws a whole new issue into the continuing grammatical debate over "could care less" vs. "couldn't care less."

cL is on the vanguard of nuance in the various continuing debates up here.

btw, F chRIs LaRrY

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep

I don't expect explanations from mgmt.

Why Galloway over Marko? Don't know. My sense would be to keep the 25 year old and pass on the guy that's 38.

"Out with the old, in with the older". Not a great philosophy, even if it worked for George Allen.

As for Morocco Brown, I don't know his track record. Maybe he's been great, maybe's he's been bad. He's gotten good PR.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 5, 2010 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Cue the "Snyder is an A-hole" chorus in 3...2...

Posted by: brownwood26 | May 5, 2010 1:50 PM

Come on, brownie. You could have read it right on this page two hours ago. PFT gets material from RI.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 5, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

moodlymoodlymoo

"...the place to discuss abortion."

Question:

How is an abortion on your milk farm like a lower leg injury?

Answer:

They are both called 'pulled calves'.

(INSERT rimshot audio and bad pun groan as PETA members splatter blood on #84 Mitchell jerseys in protest.)

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 5, 2010 1:56 PM | Report abuse

I don't know if anyone still watches 24.....

Book it!

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 5, 2010 1:38 PM

Double or nothing on the 1738, 4th? Not a chance he dies in the finale...the script for "24, The Movie" is already finished.

Posted by: 4-12 | May 5, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Cue the "Snyder is an A-hole" chorus in 3...2...

Posted by: brownwood26 | May 5, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Happy Birthday! You're Fired!!!

I'm sure Snyder planned it that way...

Posted by: rich20ssu | May 5, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

I'll try some other specious argument.

Next.....

Posted by: MistaMoe

Sticking to your strength. Good call.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 5, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

...and Red still thrashing wildly at everyone on the blog.

Posted by: brownwood26

I'm going to file this post in the "I don't have anything to say because my ass was handed to me in a basket earlier" section. It's between "I can be an arrogant jackass if I put my mind to it" and "I don't have anything substantial to add at the time so let me show the world how much of a pompous dick I am by taking weak ass shots".

Posted by: RedDMV | May 5, 2010 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Well the Marko thing is three days old, ...

Posted by: RedDMV | May 5, 2010 1:48 PM

Three days young. Marko gets added to the Pierce/LaVar/Clark/Torrence list.

RI's own "Hall of Lame"

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Actually, the "Hall of Lame" is Gardner.Rod, BLloyd, and Archuleta.

The Pierce/LaVar/Clark/Torrence/Marko list is the "Hall of Shame".

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

dcsween

"Hall of Lame"

funnnnny!!!!

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 5, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | May 5, 2010 1:44 PM

Dude, there is a reason the guy was drafted with 6th, also, it is natural for a die hard Skins fan to be optimistic about a new Skin.
Funny enough, I somehow think D-Mo made Marko Mitch. expendable. The primary attribute of MM is his leaping ability which is a vertical leap of 41 1/2 inches. Guess what,D-Mo averages 42. See for your self just Google his name.

Posted by: abxinc | May 5, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

The Pierce/LaVar/Clark/Torrence/Marko list is the "Hall of Shame".

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 2:05 PM |

I would have said "Hall of Blame."

Posted by: beep-beep | May 5, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

The Pierce/LaVar/Clark/Torrence/Marko list is the "Hall of Shame".

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 2:05 PM

Version 3.0 ... "Hall of Blame"

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

.and Red still thrashing wildly at everyone on the blog.

Posted by: brownwood26

I'm going to file this post in the "I don't have anything to say because my *** was handed to me in a basket earlier" section. It's between "I can be an arrogant jack*** if I put my mind to it" and "I don't have anything substantial to add at the time so let me show the world how much of a pompous *** I am by taking weak *** shots".

Posted by: RedDMV | May 5, 2010 2:01 PM | Report abuse

And as if on cue you show your true colors..........RedDMV = oxygen thief

don't worry I edited out your foul mouth

Posted by: rupertpupkin | May 5, 2010 2:10 PM | Report abuse

zcezcest

"Sticking to your strength (empty argumentation with slanted stats). Good call."

Thanks.

Spreading BS is and will always be one of my true skills.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 5, 2010 2:10 PM | Report abuse

... The primary attribute of MM is his leaping ability which is a vertical leap of 41 1/2 inches. ...

Posted by: abxinc | May 5, 2010 2:05 PM

Those are heights off the ground ... Marko starts from a taller height.

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4-12 | May 5, 2010 1:57 PM

Dayum...forgot about the movie.....MAybe hoping the Movie is a parallel universe...

...Because the best way to end the show is with him finally being killed......by Chloe...

So...No Double or nothing on the 1738....Which in fact I ma need to coordinate with you soon on......

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 5, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Not sure how many saw the bog story on Bobby Cox today but as longtime Braves fan it was both funny and sad that the US Senate catering service spelled his name as Bobby Cocks on his cake.

Posted by: will_ga | May 5, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Next RI poll: Should Red be voted off the island?

Posted by: rupertpupkin | May 5, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Anyone see this from a week ago in a Cali. newspaper article?

The quarterback that looked the best in Friday morning's practice? Bulletin: It was Russell.

If that makes you feel queasy, well, head for that north goal post.

Russell was supposed to be gone thanks to last Saturday's trade for probable starter Jason Campbell. Russell's exit, three years after the Raiders drafted him first overall, would have been celebrated as "Raider Nation Liberation Day."

Instead, Russell came out to play, and he outperformed the Raiders' four other veteran quarterbacks, although incumbent Bruce Gradkowski is sidelined until training camp with a torn chest muscle.

"My thing is to keep coming out to work until they tell me not to," Russell said. "Today I'm going to keep coming out, compete for the job, work my tail off."

I don't think JC wins that starting role.

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | May 5, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse

so far, the list of training camp candidates from the upcoming weekend audition runs like this:

(1a) Daryll Clark (PSU QB)
(1b) Anderson Russell (OSU S)
(3) Logan Paulsen (UCLA TE)
(1E-6) Melvin Stephenson II (UTEP CB)
(1E-6) Tony Nelson (UMass RB)

Clark and Russell are in a heated battle for first versus second. Paulsen is popular but remains in third due to sufficient depth at the position. the exponential notation indicates that Stephenson and Nelson are each represented by a single member of Redskins nation, respectively.

remember, polls close at 5:00 pm EST. voter turnout remains at record lows due to distracting arguments about the appropriateness of 8 foot Wookies living among 2 foot Ewoks on the planet of Endor.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 5, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Since we are not really talking skins anymore... who wants to discuss last night epi of LOST??

Posted by: Zeebs | May 5, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

"Next RI poll: Should Red be voted off the island?"

In defense of Red (which he can do admirably by hisself), I'd like to say he is the most, ummmm, the most, ummm, he well, he, ummm, ok, well, dammit, he's got the best cussin' posts on the blog.

And we need people who can drop the F bomb like a terrorist on a mission.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 5, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Those are heights off the ground ... Marko starts from a taller height.

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 2:11 PM

...but Marko has less than 2" advantage on D-Mo....

Posted by: abxinc | May 5, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

"What's to say a guy like Armstrong, the WR who beat Marko out to earn the right to make it training for the Skins, who has bounced around isn't the next "McCardell" for the Skins. That is to say they could be getting a better look at a player who is closer to being a baller in this league than Mitchell at this point.

Posted by: TWISI"

That very well may be the case, and at this point we don't know.

But given what I've seen/heard/read from Mitchell, I still say it was a mistake letting him go so early. If he was cut following training camp in favor of Armstrong, then I'd say fair enough. But it's not just Armstrong I'm arguing for Mitchell over; it's also Marques Hagans (who Mitchell beat out last year), Joey Galloway (who has little future with this team), Bobby Wade (who's never been more than a mediocre role player), etc.. At the least, I'd rather have had Mitchell get a shot under Shanahan, which I don't believe he did.

Anyway, it's over with at this point. All we can do is see how it pans out.

Posted by: psps23 | May 5, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

I don't know if anyone still watches 24.....
Book it!
Posted by: 4thFloor | May 5, 2010 1:38 PM
Posted by: 4-12 | May 5, 2010 1:57 PM

I will have you guys know that I “called” that Chloe would be the head of CTU around episode number 4 or so of this season. Unfortunately I did not post it up here. Only my wife can vouch for me on this.

Also, did anyone call that Ms Teen South Carolina would be in 1st place heading into the final leg of the amazing race? Last week’s highlights were her genius boyfriend, after butchering a word in Chinese that he had “learned”, exclaiming that these Chinese people “don’t even understand their own language”. Also, she made a point to show that she could actually read a map. And such. I am not making this up. Good stuff.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | May 5, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

That's rich. Jason Campbell as foil for petulant draft bust.

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 5, 2010 2:20 PM | Report abuse

"Anyone see this from a week ago in a Cali. newspaper article?

Posted by: 1965skinsfan"

I saw that. Apparently Russel lit it up in the first day of minicamp.

Then subsequent reports said he regressed with each and every practice, and by the end of the camp, Campbell was easily the clear favorite. So much so that espn writers concluded their analysis by saying that if Campbell doesn't end up with the starting gig, "something is seriously wrong."

Of course, they were covering Oakland, so they couldn't rule out the possibility.

Posted by: psps23 | May 5, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Zeebs | May 5, 2010 2:16 PM

If you do, please be sure to preface each post with "SPOILER ALERT"......haven't watched it yet. Thanks!

Posted by: dlhaze1 | May 5, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse

And we need people who can drop the F bomb like a terrorist on a mission.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 5, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Reasonable defense. I retract my vote

Posted by: rupertpupkin | May 5, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse

I don't think JC wins that starting role.

Posted by: 1965skinsfan

Rumor has it the Raiders are hoping someone else bites and grabs JaCarcus. They still have a few more million reasons to hope someone takes him off their hands.

Bottom line, its in the Raiders interest to say good things about Russell. But no one is getting fooled this time.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 5, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | May 5, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

At the Stadium:

Yanks 3

Orioles 1

Bottom of the 4th

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 5, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | May 5, 2010 2:01 PM

Red, you've been takin' shots at me all day for no other reason than I disagreed with you at a certain level. I mean really dude...if you have such anger issues that you have to come on here waging war on everyone that doesn't back your every word verbatim, you should probably lay off the RI and try some Dr. Phil or something. There's a line between mixing it up with folks and having a strong opinion and going for blood when someone dares oppose you--and you're coming in the latter category, my friend.

Like I said, I seem to remember you and I agreeing on a bunch of other stuff so I'm not sure why this can't just be an "agree to disagree and move on" kinda deal, but if you wanna be mortal enemies over it, whateves man.

Posted by: brownwood26 | May 5, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Those are heights off the ground ... Marko starts from a taller height.

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 2:11 PM

...but Marko has less than 2" advantage on D-Mo....

Posted by: abxinc | May 5, 2010 2:18 PM

yes, but Chewbacca has the advantage in that respect, although maybe a little slow on the break. who would you assemble on O and D for your all-time Star Wars NFL team? Jabba the Hut is my choice for nose tackle.

beats watching LOST or Amazing Race in any case.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 5, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

just like it was in the skins interest to say good things about, fill-in-the-blank players.

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | May 5, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Ok DL, wont mention it then... but do yourself a favor and watch it ASAP

Posted by: Zeebs | May 5, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

"If Mitchell really succeeds in Detroit (I hope he does ... Lions' fans really are due ... really really), then I would be wistful and think "I watched him grow as a WR way back when." Whether or not Shanahanallen end up being loved/hated is going to rise/fall on the win/loss record ... as of any particular week ... not whether Mitchell succeeds/doesn't succeed.

Posted by: dcsween"

I still love Gibbs, even Gibbs 2.0, but I'm not going to sugarcoat his decision to trade Champ Bailey and a 2nd rounder for Clinton Portis. Even the best make mistakes.

Posted by: psps23 | May 5, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

How about Albert Haynesworth straight up for Jamal Brown? Then, we could allow Trent Williams to learn at right tackle, a position he has a lot of experience at... I'd feel a lot better about the Oline....

Posted by: mmck | May 5, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | May 5, 2010 2:14 PM

I can't see Russell being a starter there this year. He needs to start fresh elsewhere if possible. I seen articles where former teammates questioned his desire for the game. I heard Namdi he wasn't sure how Russell would react to having JC there. Not a good thing. I think he's lost this team. It's only a matter of time before he's released.

Posted by: TWISI | May 5, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

1965skinsfan

"Gradkowski will win is what I think, not Russel, or campbell. He needs to heal is all."

If JC doesn't do well in Oakland, he'll be the first brotha to publicly fail in a Black Hole.

(INSERT rimshot audio and bad pun groan as members of the Nation of Islam shout 'Uncle Tom!!" while throwing unpurchased copies of the Final Call at Rodney "Moe" Dangerfield as he runs off stage fearing he'll receive the Malcolm X treatment.)

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 5, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Anyone see this from a week ago in a Cali. newspaper article?

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | May 5, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse

No. But I did the the Outside the Lines report on JaMarcus.

That was good for a laugh.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | May 5, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

DL;

check this out after you watch the epi. Doc jensen writes a recap column every week and picks up on the littlest stuff you may miss. Also relates show material to numerous literary, biblical and off the wall references.

He is a little long winded and talks above everyone but moodly's geneticist head, but still good stuff

Posted by: Zeebs | May 5, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mmck | May 5, 2010 2:28 PM

Sounds good in theory...but there's the small matter of the Saints not wanting any parts of AH...

Posted by: brownwood26 | May 5, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Probably will watch it tonight Zeebs....love the Tivo.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | May 5, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

I don't know who'd be on the team... but the cheerleaders would have that flesh-hair stuff... craaazy

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 5, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

At the Stadium:

Orioles 1

Yankees 6

Can we say 'sweep'?

Yes, we can.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 5, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

why would we want to part with Albert again? He's a beast and if he plays up to his ability, he's among the best players in football. I'm OK with him and Shanahan not loving each other. Don't want Albert fat and happy. Want him lean, mean and ticked off.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 5, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Can we say 'sweep'?

Yes, we can.

Posted by: MistaMoe

Sharks over the wings in 4? Good news/bad news. Good news is I'd love to see the sweep. Bad news, I got tix for game 5 ...

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 5, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Don't want Albert fat and happy. Want him lean, mean and ticked off.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 5, 2010 2:44 PM

Well he's not even one of those unless you count "ticked off" which you shouldn't because he's ticked off at his own team, not his opponents. He's the opposite: fat, complacent, and disagreeable. This will be a continuing problem eventually ending up in "The Hall of Blame."

Posted by: beep-beep | May 5, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mmck | May 5, 2010 2:28 PM

Asked and answered ... and the answer was no.

Haynesworth is to Shanahan what Jason Taylor was to Parcells or Pete Kendall was to Mangini.

Haynesworth remains on the roster unless and until another team has an important starter come down with a season ending injury. See Taylor/Parcells or Kendall/Mangini.

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 2:58 PM | Report abuse

4th, you'll enjoy this story.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | May 5, 2010 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan is cold blooded...firing a legend on his birthday...

Posted by: cedric_lockhart | May 5, 2010 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween

difference being Kendall and Taylor were about 33. Albert is 28

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 5, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

A man gets a woman pregnant and decides he doesn't want to be a father...he's a deadbeat lazy rotten dirtbag!

A man gets a woman pregnant and she decides she doesn't want to be a mother...she's pro choice!

? ? ?

Posted by: Debaitor | May 5, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

brown, this is why "I'm taking shots at you" today:

"him and calvin johnson can become the best 1-2 wide receivers in the nfl for years"..

wow....thats just...wow....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | May 5, 2010 8:26 AM

Glad you jumped on that Greg...I was prepared to let that go. Dude probably has no idea what Detroit's WR depth chart looks like. I mean, how realistic is it that Marko beats out Nate Burleson, Bryant Johnson, and Dennis Northcutt for the starting gig?

Posted by: brownwood26 | May 5, 2010 8:40 AM

If you kept it straight up and just challenged on the Marko thing, then it's cool. But naw, you had to go co-sign that hyperbolic bullsh*t from your boy.

Guilty by association, I suppose.

But it's all good. Please by all means continue the high-fiving and back slapping between the two of you.

Just don't have the "WHAA?!?!?!" face when come back with my bs.

I got a better one:

Should I ask rupturedskin's mother to blow me before or after I ass to mouth his sister?

That's something that I actually care about. Not what you or anyone else thinks.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 5, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

wow....thats just...wow....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | May 5, 2010 8:26 AM

Posted by: brownwood26

If marko makes in DET, Stafford will be throwing to 2 WRs that are 6'4". That'd be a tough matchup for any CB. Of course, Marko probably isn't Calvin ...

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 5, 2010 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan is cold blooded...firing a legend on his birthday...

Posted by: cedric_lockhart | May 5, 2010 3:03 PM |

He probably didn't know and thats even worse. Sometimes people committ firable offenses on the job. Not the case here with Warren as we know of.

New boss comes in and he cleans house. Not exactly the case here.

Shanny is raising some flags blogomites.

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | May 5, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

from "The Tragedy of Julius Caesar-Haynesworth"

"Don't want Albert fat and happy."

Caesar: Let me have men about me that are fat,
Sleek-headed men, and such as sleep anights.
Yond Hanyesworth has a lean and hungry look"
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous.
Especially if you get between him and a bucket of chicken.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 5, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween

difference being Kendall and Taylor were about 33. Albert is 28

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 5, 2010 3:05 PM

That's a difference in age, not a difference in the relationship between the player and the coach.

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

New boss comes in and he cleans house. Not exactly the case here.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | May 5, 2010 3:15 PM

Actually, it IS the same case. They've been cleaning house since they got here. Its just bad business to clean that particular part of the house -- personnel evaluation staff -- just prior to the start of free agency and the draft (when they cleaned the rest of the house). Now that the draft is over and the undrafted free agents are identified, now is exactly the time to clean that part of the house.

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Especially if you get between him and a bucket of chicken.

Posted by: MistaMoe

What's more dangerous?

a) getting btwn Albert and a bucket of chicken

or

b) getting btwn Gloria Allred and a network video camera

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 5, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Who was that guy that said Shanny the GM got Shanny the coach fired?

Are the lines blurred in Redskin Park now, or are these personnel decisions the coach's (Shanny) or are they Bruce Allen's, or both?

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | May 5, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Of course, Marko probably isn't Calvin ...

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 5, 2010 3:13 PM

Probably not ... probably the last guy Vinny drafted in his last draft is not the same as the second guy picked in the entire draft the year before ... probably not.

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

it's not like the firing is the problem. It's WHEN the firing occurred... HR dropped the ball on that one - not the VP's (or other decision maker's) fault.

duuuhhhhuuhhhh.

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 5, 2010 3:27 PM | Report abuse

in any case... how 'bout those auditions coming up this weekend?

Daryll Clark (PSU QB)
Logan Paulsen (UCLA TE)
Anderson Russell (OSU S)
Melvin Stephenson II (UTEP CB)
Tony Nelson (UMass RB)

my vote was on record at May 5, 2010 11:15 AM for Daryll Clark.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 5, 2010 12:25 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

sooooooo, daryll clarke makes the pratice squad!!! that's making the team!!!

Posted by: jimmy_the_crickett | May 5, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween

and a very meaningful difference it is.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 5, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

4th, you'll enjoy this story.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | May 5, 2010 3:03 PM

Thx...saw this the other day...MY biggest failure to date...

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 5, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan is cold blooded...firing a legend on his birthday...

Posted by: cedric_lockhart | May 5, 2010 3:03 PM |

Shanny is raising some flags blogomites.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | May 5, 2010 3:15 PM

I doubt that it matters to either of you tut-tutters, but most likely he fired the guy yesterday, announced it today. But so what? As they posted above, there's no good day to get fired. Anyway, one out of every 365 people who is fired gets fired on his birthday.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 5, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

I got a better one:

Posted by: RedDMV | May 5, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Hmmmmm.....I would go after. Be careful though because remember you and your "homie" had a saying......

or I guess you could abort........like your mother should have done

Posted by: rupertpupkin | May 5, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

sooooooo, daryll clarke makes the pratice squad!!! that's making the team!!!

Posted by: jimmy_the_crickett | May 5, 2010 3:28 PM

just taking tabs on who hamsters think will make it past this weekend. any votes? crickets and cows are included! we're that kind of place.

it's a little more fun here if you're willing to make a prediction. well-articulated arguments for the prediction are just icing on the cake.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 5, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Oh and just FYI, I'm almost positive that rupert dick_head is chia_pet. 1) because no matter how much I ignore his lame ass he keeps me on his mind and in his post and 2) My profanity really bothers him. So much to the point he feels to edit a copy and paste post, and 3) What sorry ass pathetic c*unt muscle would conjure up some question like: "Should Red be voted off the island?"?

Posted by: RedDMV | May 5, 2010 3:09 PM

Good call -- makes sense. Goes with the rest of his puppets: debaitor, Risa_L, Rotfrau, monkeymayonaise, eldrano, etc.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 5, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

On a lighter note, I think our backfield is going to get a youthful shake up so I vote this cat makes the squad....or at least to camp

Tony Nelson (UMass RB)

Posted by: rupertpupkin | May 5, 2010 3:37 PM | Report abuse

... one out of every 365 people who is fired gets fired on his birthday.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 5, 2010 3:32 PM

More or less ... leap year days and such (understanding that there would be no math required today, I don't know whether the adjusted right answer is more or less ... just that there is some margin of error).

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 5, 2010 3:35 PM

Albert Haynesworth

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 3:40 PM | Report abuse

If they fired him today -- which all the haters want to assume -- they've probably done him a favor. He can go out tonight and get Chia-Pet-faced and everyone will think that he's celebrating Cinco de Mayo, not drowning his sorrows.

Is there anyone who really thinks that he was surprised to lose his job? Or that he'll have trouble finding a new one?

Posted by: beep-beep | May 5, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

I miss the old timey troublemakers ... Boofer, OG Barno (formerly just barno), fake Nate, such as ...

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: beep-beep | May 5, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 5, 2010 3:35 PM

Albert Haynesworth

Posted by: dcsween | May 5, 2010 3:40 PM

MOL!

yes, I think he'll make it past the weekend. but Cow Sense beef management software indicates that the forecast on cattle futures is much more uncertain heading into the summer.

anyway, the current round of predictions is for the herd of calves being rounded up into the pen starting Friday.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 5, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

or I guess you could abort........like your mother should have done

Posted by: rupertpupkin

rupturedskin aka torn hymen,

The "30 gets you 18" applies to bare-backing a woman during sex. 30 minutes of fu_king gets you 18 years of "aw fu_k!" is what we used to say. But you wouldn't know that since you're still tugging it to women in lingerie in the Macy's catalog.

So in that sense, a condom is not needed on your sister or your mother since a woman can not have a baby out her mouth nor her ass.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 5, 2010 3:51 PM | Report abuse

campbell was the best qb at raiders mini camp read about it 2 days ago, the article about russell being the best is a LIE go to nfl.com and check it out yourself.

Posted by: wathu19 | May 5, 2010 6:14 PM | Report abuse

Warren and Bolinger are simply the front end of what is probably going to amount to a massive shake up / clear out in the front office.

My buddy is a scout and he's just waiting for the call. He knows he out! Shanahan and Allan want their people and their network in place. He's guessing once the training camp roster is settled is when the scouting division starts to be reconfigured.

Posted by: psssst | May 5, 2010 7:25 PM | Report abuse

mitchell wasn't going to see the field with moss, kelly, and thomas ahead of him. mitchell may have potential, but i'm betting he was cut because he doesn't contribute on special teams so he wasn't going to play.

for the same reason, at least one of parker, portis and johnson will have to go. shanahan does not need a big name back to get production in the running game.

i don't expect galloway or wade to catch on either. am waiting for the broncos to release brandon stokley. that would be a nice pickup.

Posted by: zatoichi77 | May 5, 2010 9:52 PM | Report abuse

If republicans are pro life, why do they start wars?

Posted by: Debaitor

First of all, you're an absolute moron...I think that pretty much goes without saying. Second of all, my answer would be that America (not Republicans) "start" wars because we believe that the end result will be saving more lives than had we (America) not "started" the war.

Posted by: Barno1 | May 6, 2010 12:09 AM | Report abuse

Are we SURE that Don Warren wasn't let go because he "failed to impress" Shanahan?

Maybe he was lazy.

Maybe he was couldn't understand the playbook.

Maybe he thought the Caps would choke.

Maybe it was racism.

Who knows, but, to quote my fellow Redskin fans, "If you don't bring your A Game, Shanny will let you go in a heartbeat."

So, that's the mantra, now. If Shanny takes a dump on your mother's head, she had it coming, so keep smiling and buying Redskins merchandise.

Got it? Ready, Break!

Posted by: Thinker_ | May 6, 2010 5:59 AM | Report abuse

@RedDMV

Have you ever heard of adoption? Just a thought.

Posted by: hessone | May 6, 2010 8:35 AM | Report abuse