Donovan McNabb may be in Washington, but his annual football clinic is remaining in the Philadelphia area -- for now.

The Donovan McNabb Kids Football Clinic will take place Saturday, June 12, in Marlton, N.J. Planning for the clinic was well underway before McNabb was traded to Washington last month. His spokesman said recently that while McNabb would continue with some of his charitable commitments around Philadelphia, he'll also be looking for ways to get involved in the community here.

"I'm excited to continue the Kid's Clinic in this region," McNabb said in a release. "We've been able to provide a fun, energetic, atmosphere for many kids over the years. That won't change just because my uniform has."

McNabb has already made one charity appearance here.

Jason Campbell was unable to attend his annual golf tournament earlier this week because he was in Oakland meeting his new team. But McNabb made an appearance late in the day to show his support for Campbell, The Jason Campbell Leukemia Golf Classic and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

McNabb told Redskins' blogger Matt Terl that his clinic "has over 250, 300 kids that get an opportunity to get kinda tutored by some of the NFL players. And this year I'll be having some of my new teammates participate and help along with some of my old ones.

"It's gonna be an exciting time," he said, "and you kinda want to go with a bang when you're moving on."

The non-contact clinic is open to boys and girls, ages 11-16 and is led by McNabb and other NFL coaches and players.

Proceeds benefit the Donovan McNabb Fund and help fund The McNabb Family Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and the new Virtua Voorhees Hospital, which is scheduled to open in Spring 2011.

Visit DonovanMcNabbKidsClinic.com for more information.

By Rick Maese  |  April 29, 2010; 6:00 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Report: Joey Galloway signed by Redskins
Next: Video: The Redskins make their moves

Comments

Am I first?

Posted by: smokeybear2 | April 29, 2010 6:47 AM | Report abuse

Am I first?

Posted by: smokeybear2 | April 29, 2010 6:47 AM

By about a half hour. I'm just posting so that you aren't also the only.

Posted by: dcsween | April 29, 2010 7:21 AM | Report abuse

I'm pretty sure PFT had this yesterday...just sayin'...

Posted by: brownwood26 | April 29, 2010 7:29 AM | Report abuse

Typical right winger. Finally does what he's supposed to do then pats himself on the back for it.

Good night scamp.

Posted by: mack1 | April 28, 2010 11:31 PM

HA! I love it!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 29, 2010 7:32 AM | Report abuse

"Typical right winger..."

oh...eye thought "typical right winger" behavior in washington was two quit scoring goals once the playoffs start....

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | April 29, 2010 7:49 AM | Report abuse

i've got no problem with all the players, young and old, they're bringing in. like someone pointed out, that doesn't mean these guys make the roster... and if they do, they means they must have beaten out some slacker who thought he had a spot "sewn up".

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | April 29, 2010 7:55 AM | Report abuse

Meanwhile, In the American League East:

Tampa Bay

New York

Boston

Toronto

The race is for second place, and especially so now that the Sawx have righted themselves.

The summer long re-matches between Boston, New York, and Tampa will be must see viewing...

...until football starts up again.

Go Yanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Baltimore

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 29, 2010 7:57 AM | Report abuse

"Donovan McNabb will keep his football clinic in Philadelphia, get more involved in Washington, too."

I'd say McNabb's leadership alone is worth 4 wins.

And it would be nice if that leadership came into play in December.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 29, 2010 8:02 AM | Report abuse

does the Galloway signing remind anyone of... Irving Fryar?

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 29, 2010 8:06 AM | Report abuse

I got no problems with signing JGallo, he seemed done in NE last year but he's probably training camp fodder at best...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 29, 2010 8:11 AM | Report abuse

Just to play devil's advocate here, the Pats have almost routinely added a bunch of solid vets toward the end of their careers in the past and won SBs doing it. When you have quality leadership, you can sometimes get away with what they're doing. Not saying they'll have the same success as NE, but just sayin'...

Posted by: brownwood26 | April 29, 2010 7:14 AM | Report abuse

Not to mention knowing what plays are coming. Good morning brownwood.

Like the little te-da-te yesterday afternoon about the FS position?. My advocacy with TERRELL WHITEHEAD has to do with finding young players in positions of need of course. Not being an advocate for that particular individual. He'll be a bust or an All-Pro or something in between. But he has some ability, and he's a post-draft player in a position of need on this team. I'm just frustrated by the REDSKINS lack of interest in players from local schools other than MD. or VA. TECH. Not to mention folks who continually post here looking at the trees (individuals) rather than the forest (team).

Posted by: glawrence007 | April 29, 2010 8:24 AM | Report abuse

I wood like two say somthin bout them Skins. There couches, OK sure day got cred baised on the souper bowls day one. Butt. Do they still got it?

Imean, know'm'sayin?

They got the cred, but day aint dun it in a wilz.

Is they gonna be better then Horny Zorny?
Are they too old?
Have the game pass them bye?

I ont no. Time will tel.

Posted by: Thinker_ | April 29, 2010 1:39 AM

This is like a blind man pretending he can't see.

Posted by: mack1 | April 29, 2010 8:28 AM | Report abuse

thinker=skippy?

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 29, 2010 8:31 AM | Report abuse

WOW, some of these reactions this am are amazing. Some ( I said SOME) of our fans on here really don't have lives. Do you just have such horrible lives that you need something to b*tch about so you come here and comment on NORMAL, TEAM BUILDING, OFF SEASON moves. Some of the things y'all call people you don't even know or would say to them face to face. (BLOGGING COURAGE). Really try decaff or something. This is NOT the final Roster, it's good sound management turning over every stone to improve a team that's been lost for a long time. This team and new front office needs "a mustard seed of faith" from it's fans not knee jerk reactions for every single move they make. Your not going to get a championship team in one year after years of mismanagement by just drafting 6 guys and a few FA signings. Let try breathing slowly and trusting the NEW FO for more than a couple of months.

(and the smart a$$ comments begin in 3..2..and here we go.....)

Posted by: boysheadcoach | April 29, 2010 8:32 AM | Report abuse

beeps

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 29, 2010 8:33 AM | Report abuse

Top of the morning, gl.

I think I get what you're saying, but so many up here get riled over every veteran we sign and say "here we go...same 'ol Skins". I'm not a big fan of Galloway at all, but a one year vet minimum deal isn't the end of the world. He's not slated to be a starter, just around to mentor the young guys and create further competition. No harm in that (same as my stance on Sharper, for the most part).

It's just pitiful that so many fans here are like battered wives...every time this team raises it's hand, some fans cringe like they're about to get hit. It's a new regime--new GM, new coach, no Danny. Let's give 'em time to build this thing and THEN judge.

Posted by: brownwood26 | April 29, 2010 8:36 AM | Report abuse

HE should still do his thing in Philly....Makes complete sense....

But someone should tell him about the real issues going on in DC...instead of having a Football Camp, he should have a STop the Violence type movement...

Posted by: 4thFloor | April 29, 2010 9:25 AM | Report abuse

...until football starts up again.

Go Yanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: MistaMoe

Puuuukke...
:-0=~~ There goes my breakfast!

Posted by: iubiquity | April 29, 2010 9:44 AM | Report abuse

"...But someone should tell him about the real issues going on in DC...instead of having a Football Camp, he should have a STop the Violence type movement.."?!?!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought McNabb was brought here to be a quarterback. I'm sure his football camps for children could possibly have an impact of the level of crime committed by youth by exposing them to other opportunities. I would think that someone should tell the politicians, community leaders and each other about the real issues going on in DC.

Posted by: Neisha_H | April 29, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse