Donovan McNabb responded with big game after benching in 2008

By Jason Reid

Before he was removed late in Washington's Week 8 loss to Detroit, quarterback Donovan McNabb, then with Philadelphia, was last benched in Week 12 of the 2008 season during a 36-7 loss to the Baltimore Ravens.

"It was a little bit of a shock," Eagles tight end Brent Celek said. "But that's just a decision that Coach [Andy] Reid made. Afterwards, our team started playing better."

In the Eagles' next game, McNabb responded with a four-touchdown performance in a 48-20 victory over the Arizona Cardinals and produced his second-highest passer rating (121.7) of the season. McNabb threw nine touchdown passes and just one interception in leading Philadelphia to four victories in its final five games of the regular season. The Redskins hope McNabb responds similarly, beginning Monday night against the Eagles at FedEx Field.

"I think we got Arizona at the right time on Thanksgiving weekend" in 2008, Eagles Coach Andy Reid said. "They were [on a] short week and we had to catch them right. That kind of snowballed things from there."

But the move, as is often the case when quarterbacks are benched, was not all about McNabb, Celek said.

"It was a whole team effort," he said. "We all weren't playing very well. We as a team, after that, started playing better."

Reid and McNabb "talked" about Reid's reasoning for the benching, which helped the situation moving forward, Reid said. "I am not going to get into what we talked about, but we talked immediately after the game. He knew the reasons and everything else. We kept very open communication with him."

By Jason Reid  | November 15, 2010; 10:00 AM ET
Categories:  Donovan McNabb
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jim Haslett impressed with Michael Vick's passing
Next: Eagles RB LeSean McCoy poses a threat to Redskins defense

Comments

This is what I've been saying for 2 weeks

Posted by: iH8dallas | November 15, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Extra motivation or not, McNabb will have ZERO chance tonight if the O-line doesn't play A LOT better than they did two weeks ago.

Posted by: rufus_t_firefly | November 15, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

I would just like to say I rooted for the Cowboys yesterday....

I did the Fist Pump on the 101 yard Pick6...and was glad Dez jumped and caught the ball.....I loved the whole thing yesterday....

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 15, 2010 10:03 AM | Report abuse

It's kinda like getting drunk and sleeping with an EXTREMELY ugly/fat chick: You knew what was going on at the time but couldn't help yourself, you woke up regretting it in the morning, and it made you sick!!!

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Co-sign, Rufus.

Difficult to have a big game when you can't properly set your feet.

How do you coach a guy on setting his base to throw under this kind of pressure?

Posted by: Alan4 | November 15, 2010 10:19 AM | Report abuse

When other NFC East teams face off, I don't root for either outcome...I root for mass casualties. When the light went out, I thought maybe my prayers had finally been answered...

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 15, 2010 10:12 AM

Don't care. I went all in yesterday.....The cowboys season is over and I don't care what there record is....I hope they WIN all their match ups vs NFC teams and specifically NFC East Teams that don't play their home games where the County Executive tells his wife to stash $90Gs in her panties and flush $100,000 checks in the toilet......

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS?!?!?!?!? YEEEEE HAAAAY!

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 15, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

McBeeps

Posted by: iH8dallas | November 15, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Is that a new McDonald's sandwich or something? I'll just ask our resident MickeyD's expert: hey beep-beep......

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 10:17 AM

But for some strange reason...I still have a smile on my face this morning.

I do know when I finished though...when Eli rushed the snap, tried to pick it up, and fumbled...I rolled over and went to sleep.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

4th, why don't you sit out a few plays and REALLY think about what you're saying. That's not the kind of fanhood we need around here...

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 15, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

They had a couple things going against them. First off, they were down a couple good beefy players up front, and second the Pats have a decent Oline, plus the fact that they are 23-2 after a loss. I don't care how good Pittsburgh's D is, they just ran into a frieght train at exactly the wrong time!

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 9:49 AM

Monk said "beefy" haha

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

That's a McNabb beep

Posted by: iH8dallas | November 15, 2010 10:26 AM | Report abuse

4th, let's be clear. The county exec told his wife to hide the cash in her bra. The underwear was all her. We are just waiting to hear if anyone from wssc gets arrested.

And yeah as long as we're in the hunt for playoffs I have no issue rooting for the girls.

Posted by: dealer1 | November 15, 2010 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Kudos to the Mayo for restating what everyone has already discussed a million times over.

Par for course, I guess. Chutzbah.

The O Line problems aren't going anywhere, I think. Now, can the coarching & QB-play account for it?

I'm actually pretty excited to see their response. I'm not necessarily callin' for a win - but I'm psyched to see it.

Posted by: DikShuttle | November 15, 2010 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Anyone know if James Davis was gonna play in this game when we would sign him to the roster? Would we have to have done it already?

Hoping to see what this kids got?

Posted by: zjenks | November 15, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

McNabb will get his contract extension signed well in advance of any of the MNF pregame shows because Danny knows the value of marketing and damage control. With this new sense of security and redemption, McNabb will be on fire tonight and raise his game so high that he will be getting the football actually above the waist of his intended targets.

I see the ATV getting back in gear and Davis getting into the mix with KW providing some bruising yardage.

The main factor for tonight is going to be whether Hazelnutt puts LL30 on Vick as a 'spy' or the D plays more contain than all-out rush to deprive Vick of tearing off big chunks of running/scrambling yardage.

We put a hurtin' on these S.O.B's in the first meeting....

....time to pick up where we left off.

The first 10 minutes of that first game were as good as I have seen the 'Skins play in the last several years.

Tear 'em a new one Skins!!!!!

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | November 15, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Champ Kind: The bottom line is you've been spending a lot of time with this lady, Ron. You're a member of the Channel Four News Team.

Ron Burgundy: That's a given. That's a given.

Champ Kind: We need you. Hell, I need you. I'm a mess without you. I miss you so damn much. I miss being with you, I miss being near you. I miss your laugh. [laughs brokenly] I miss your scent; I miss your musk. When this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together!

Brian Fantana: Take it easy, Champ. Why don't you stop talking for a while?

Ron Burgundy: Yeah, sit the next couple plays out, if you know what I mean.

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 15, 2010 10:34 AM | Report abuse

We put a hurtin' on these S.O.B's in the first meeting....

....time to pick up where we left off.

Tear 'em a new one Skins!!!!!

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | November 15, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse
High-Five Personal Fowl

Posted by: iH8dallas | November 15, 2010 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 15, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

On the contrary, we need real men like this to stand up and let everyone know it's all about what's best for our division chances. Yes, it stings a bit to have to root against the team playing the Giants these days (See what I did there?)...But fact is it's not OK to go 2-14 as long as we just beat Dallas. F-Dallas, and if they help us reach our goals- even better. You should enjoy them being a non factor and root for them to go 3-1 in their remaining division games...losing to us of course.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | November 15, 2010 10:36 AM | Report abuse

I think we all know that media people are absurdly moronic. TheCork is a great example of this. Having said that,does a McNabb extention signing at this point also make them obvious liars and rumor mongerers? I'd say yes.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 15, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 9:49 AM

"Good Beefy Players"
Isn't that racial coding for
"Slow Fat White Guys"?

Posted by: tigerjag3330 | November 15, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

"Brady methodically led drive after drive by throwing underneath Pittsburgh's two-deep zone defense. The quick throws - welcome back, Wes Welker - confused the Steelers' defense and negated Pittsburgh's oft-successful blitzing schemes."

Are you listening, Shanny Jr.?

Posted by: NYPDee | November 15, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

My wife walked out of the room shaking her head when she saw me give a fist pump after the Girls pick 6. I actually threw up a little in my mouth when I realized what I had done.

F Dallas

F Giants

F Philly

Posted by: cosmofla | November 15, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 15, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

IMO, the answer is yes. Things have been taken to a whole new level (By the media) with this Shanahan-McNabb situation.

The Feinstein/Wise mentality is one that has no idea what it takes to motivate men playing a game for millions of dollars. They know nothing of leadership and things that go on in the heat of battle. So they fabricate and sensationalize things to get their name in the headlines, regardless of the veracity.

Will be very interested to see who mans up and apologizes if an extension gets done. Totally irresponsible on much of the media's part.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | November 15, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse

a McNabb signing at this point would be a bad decision for the Skins at this point.

You're not building around the guy. If he's not going to help win in the meantime, cut bait at the end of the year.

Posted by: DikShuttle | November 15, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 15, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | November 15, 2010 10:36 AM

Thanks. This is the line I am going with accordingly. It's going to be an ugly last 8 weeks.

3 NFC East teams are battaling for potentially one spot, it appears. While 3 NFC South Teams appear to be battling for 2/3 Spots. And the NFC North Teams seem to be angling for 2 spots.

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 15, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Is it just me, or is Arcade Fire like an americanized SugarCubes?

Posted by: DikShuttle | November 15, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

By tomorrow the Skins will be in 2nd place in the NFC East, unbeaten in our division and back on track.

Shanny will praise McNabb for having the cardiovascular endurance to put the game away early so there would be nothing to do in the final 2 minutes but run the ATV for some garbage-yards.

Shanny will also put an end to the rumor that he is really the love child of Mike Krysewski and John Boehner.

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | November 15, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

...It also defies logic that Patrick Ramsey keeps getting calls...the Fins might bring him in now that Miami lost both of their Chads...

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 15, 2010 9:59 AM

Jamarcus Russell also got that call. Given that choice, I'd have to say Ramsey's cardiovascular endurance is probable a lot better.

Posted by: Alan4 | November 15, 2010 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Back to the first game in Philly...

I remember feeling alot more comfortable when Vick was in the game, than when Kolb came in. I know Kolb was a change of pace compared to what the skins prepared for all week, but didn't we have Vick rather in check?

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 10:55 AM | Report abuse

...from the Department of Redundancy Department... at this point.

Posted by: DikShuttle | November 15, 2010 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 10:17 AM

But for some strange reason...I still have a smile on my face this morning.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Wow, you lasted longer than I thought you would!

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse

We are just waiting to hear if anyone from wssc gets arrested.

Posted by: dealer1 | November 15, 2010 10:28 AM

You and I both know WSSC was dirty before, during, and after......

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 15, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | November 15, 2010 10:36 AM

I'd rather see us win on our own accord instead of middling and relying on the failures of our rivals to survive. But hey...if you like the loser way of doing it, be my guest...

If we can go 10-6 with at least a 4-2 division record, we'll win the NFC East. Get there and it won't matter what the other 3 teams are doing...

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 15, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

..the Fins might bring him in now that Miami lost both of their Chads...

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 15, 2010 9:59 AM

So the chads left South Florida hanging again??

...oh that was really, really bad...sorry folks.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 10:55 AM | Report abuse

I felt the opposite of you PA. I could tell that Kolb had taken no snaps in practice that week when he came in. Vick essentially scored on the play he got hurt, save for that holding flag. Kolb had no timing with Jackson or Maclin down field and all he could do was check down. I was very confident once Vick went out. Tonight I'm just hoping that home field and the bye pull us through. We will have our hands full with Vick.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | November 15, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 9:49 AM

"Good Beefy Players"
Isn't that racial coding for
"Slow Fat White Guys"?

Posted by: tigerjag3330 | November 15, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Sorry, the racist is Personal_Fowl_Body_Odor.

Were you making a Haiku? You have 1 too many syllables for your second line and you are 1 short for your third! Damn rookies!

Haiku's are easy,
Beating the Eagles should be,
Victory Tuesday!!!

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alan4 | November 15, 2010 10:55 AM

I'd bet that Keri Russell would be better choice than Jamarcus...you could probably find a few sloths with better "cardiovascular endurance"...

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 15, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

...oh that was really, really bad...sorry folks.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 10:59 AM

Not to mention about 10 years old...while you're at it, got any Master P jokes?

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 15, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

If we can go 10-6 with at least a 4-2 division record, we'll win the NFC East.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 15, 2010 10:57 AM

And if we can't, which is realistically the way to bet at the moment, then we'll need some help.

I'm kinda relieved to learn that I wasn't the only one rooting for Dallas yesterday. My wife didn't understand what the heck was going on, until I explained that the Girls are essentially neutralized now and that we need the Gints taken down a couple of pegs.

I really have no idea what to expect tonight.

Posted by: freakzilla | November 15, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | November 15, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse

The Mayo gets trumped by his old co-hort. Hilarious.

Posted by: DikShuttle | November 15, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

So is BB playin or isn't he?

My lock-tight, concrete 100% guaranteed prediction for this week's game hinges on this information.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Good pull.....I don't know how a monkey with Mayonaise had such a grip to pull some info like that....

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 15, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Good pull.....I diddn't know how a monkey with Mayonaise had such a grip to pull some info like that....

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 15, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

I really have no idea what to expect tonight.

Posted by: freakzilla | November 15, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse

A close, tight, heart attack kinda game.

Posted by: FedorEm | November 15, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

I really have no idea what to expect tonight.

Posted by: freakzilla | November 15, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse

A close, tight, heart attack kinda game.

Posted by: FedorEm | November 15, 2010 11:27 AM

I'm puting the over/under on number of hours it takes me to fall asleep after the game at 2.5 hours.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Root how you want freakzilla...all I'm sayin' is there's NO way I'm rooting for Dallas. Goes against everything I believe in. If we're in a position where we have to sort out what rivals we actually WANT to win games in order to make the playoffs, chances are we're not doing anything notable anyway...

Win at home. Win in division. If we do that, it doesn't matter what the other teams do.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 15, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 11:03 AM |

Punk811? You're a fukking loser. Keep dropping the racist tag but promise me that you do that in real life. I have a very good feeling you'd get straight trucked in broad daylight you broke-ass biotch.

You're only sad because you possess no creativity whatsoever and you actually feel like this blog is your home of some sort.

Face it dooshbag, you're a poor and likely jobless (or what ever job you have is useless) loser who holds grudges on a blog.

If your mother wasn't so freaking toothless, ugly and flat-out socially acceptable, I'd actually let my dog screw her on Sunday mornings. Meantime, you can struggle on like the b*tch you are.

PS - Develop some flavor and stop with your PC crusades. Something tells me you can't though and will suffice to sit in your crappy chair and shout 'racist' every time you get heartburn.

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | November 15, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Any1 know how the view from the party deck section is? Its my first time being on that level.

Posted by: roccoskins | November 15, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

It's not rooting for Dallas, Its rooting for the G-men to lose. A win tonight and we are right in the thick of it.

Posted by: zjenks | November 15, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Not to mention about 10 years old...while you're at it, got any Master P jokes?

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 15, 2010 11:07 AM

Checked the microfiche in my vault brown...but sorry no Master P...saw lots of classic R. Kelly one-line knee-slappers, but I'm saving those for when the time is just right.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: roccoskins | November 15, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Depends on where you find standing room. It's literally a deck.

But there are couches and TVs inside.

Posted by: p1funk | November 15, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 15, 2010 11:32 AM

I'm with you Brownie. I tried to "root" for Dallas...couldn't do it. I'm glad the G-Strings got knocked back a game...but not glad the Bovine Cartel got off the mat.

When I first heard Pam Oliver make mention of it, I thought she was over-reacting. Then...when you think about it...sitting in pitch black darkenss with 82,000 Gina fans?...Scary indeed.

Posted by: MColeman51 | November 15, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

I vote no blog fighting on game day.

But if you have to fight, it must be in Haiku.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

McNabb broo-ha = minor factor in this game

On the list of "keys" to the game, I think McNabb's play is lower on the list than:

1)Skins ability to establish run/our RB rotation.
2)Limiting Eagles downfield passing game.
3)Skins D forcing some turnovers.

But McNabb always makes for some good "beeps".

I just hope the Eagles are as obsessed with McNabb's play as our media is...maybe help us get the drop on them with game-planning.

Posted by: p1funk | November 15, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 11:03 AM |

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | November 15, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Wow, someone's touchy today!!! hahaha
It's obviously working, I've gotten under your skin!!!
That's kind of disgusting, you liking toothless dogs and all, isn't that beastiality? Wow, a racist AND a dog lover, someone should turn you in!

Personal grudge? I think you are the loser who couldn't take a joke before about your stupid list you made.
And if I have no creativity, then you must be dumber than a doorknob cause you are copying my mom jokes!

I guess since you can't take it I'll have to leave you alone. Wouldn't want your mommy to take you off her t*t just to change your diaper now would we! I guess from now on, since you're whining and all, it's ITA!

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 12:00 PM | Report abuse

McNabb broo-ha = minor factor in this game

1)Skins ability to establish run/our RB rotation.
2)Limiting Eagles downfield passing game.
3)Skins D forcing some turnovers.

But McNabb always makes for some good "beeps".

Posted by: p1funk | November 15, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

4)Accounting for loss of Brandon Banks in our special teams/return game

Posted by: p1funk | November 15, 2010 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Not sure I understand the logic of this piece.

So because McNabb followed up a benching a couple of years ago with a big game or two, we should expect another big game from him this evening?

Presumably, some of his so-called earlier "improvement" could have been the result of better play from his teammates in Philly, who might have been embarassed that they let their quarterback down with bad running, receiving, blocking, pass protection, etc.

Or perhaps it could have been that Andy Reid and the Eagle coaching staff decided to start calling a "smarter" game that was more suited for McNabb's skill set?

Are we also supposed to expect some improvement in this regard from McNabb's current teammates? Not sure they have any better play left in them -- as most are undersized, poorly talented and generally outmatched in their respective positions.

And as for smarter play calling from young Shanny and his co-conspirators, well let's just say the jury is still out on that one too -- because they have yet to prove that they have the ability to do any better than they have done to date either.

Posted by: Vic1 | November 15, 2010 12:04 PM | Report abuse

I vote no blog fighting on game day.

But if you have to fight, it must be in Haiku.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

I have been trying
to not start a fight with him,
baby can't take it!

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 15, 2010 10:34 AM |

baseball, basketball, and now movies on a football board - FOOTBALL BOARD

Posted by: hessone | November 15, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

82,000 Gina[s]

Man that's some variations of muffs to choose from and look at.

Bald
Phat
Trimmed
Bushy
Stanky

... variations are endless

Posted by: RedDMV | November 15, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MColeman51 | November 15, 2010 11:44 AM

No doubt...and here I thought Halloween was over...

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 15, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

I suggest if you
don't want to be called racist,
DON'T DROP THE N BOMB!!!

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 12:00 PM |

I own you Monk. You cannot even live or breathe for that matter without chasing that goose-bump-causing, climactic shuddering you feel when you see an opportunity to respond personally, specifically, directly and most promptly to any of my offerings.

I own you from well before you even knew it. When you're sitting in your nowhere job and you look outside or when you're standing at the bus stop waiting to board that stink-pod and begin yet another depressing journey back to your dilapidated home that you're well behind on in terms of rent or mortgage......you'll occasionally lock eyes with a handsome looking guy obviously oblivious to the rat-race home while enjoying the comfort and security of his fine auto, loosening his tie and chatting up (hands-free of course) yet another lucky woman who has been pining for him to accompany her out one night soon......

.....That will be me.

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHH. Dude, you suck and you're owned just like your busted ass parents were, and their parents and their parents before them.....

Deal with it son. You're only one of the many.

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | November 15, 2010 12:10 PM | Report abuse

ITR = Ignore The Racist

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

@Personal_Fowl

how come you don't post your comments as No_Punt_Intended anymore ? it's the same dive ass stuff

Posted by: hessone | November 15, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | November 15, 2010 12:10 PM

Two things PF --

1. That isn't Haiku

2. You don't own monk, I do.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Hey hess...you don't have to respond because I know you ITA me...but can you please, please, please quit saying "dive ass"? Thank you.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 12:20 PM | Report abuse

So, anyone other than me wonder:

A) Does the Fed Ex stadium sounds guy have the stones to play the title sting from "Who Let The Dogs Out?" every time Vick gets sacked or crushed?

B) How quickly would be be fired for doing it?

C) Do you think he would he feel it was worth it to do it?

Just asking out of curiousity...

Posted by: ThinkingMan | November 15, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

ThinkingMan,

nice name.

You will not hear any real mention of Michael Vick's penchant for torturing and murdering dogs during the game, I am sure.

The league likes to "frame" these discussions in a way that makes the league look wholesome. Which it is not.

You might hear about his "trials" or maybe even "troubles," but only insofar as to say "he's put them behind him" and "he's matured" and a bunch of other BS.

It used to drive me crazy with the verbal fellatio of Ray Lewis that goes on during Ravens games. No mention that two people's families are wondering who stabbed their sons to death. Ray Ray knows. If it wasn't him, he definitely knows who it was.

BUT, he's a great tackler and the "heart and soul" of that Defense is all you'll hear.

It's pretty disgusting if you Think about it. I have some admiration for Vick in that he's a great athlete, but knowing the type of person he is, I would much rather not ever see or hear of him again. If he were a Redskin, I'd say the same thing.

I'm not some dog lover, either, but people who torture and murder animals, whether it's a cat or a frog or even a turtle, in my estimation, are warped individuals. I'd rather deal with a thief or a thug. People who prey upon weak, defenseless beings... I think it's only a matter of time before they turn their psychosis on other humans.

Vick is a piece of dung. I hope they break his spine.

That said, I would not be surprised to see him torch our defense and hand us the worst loss of the season. It's just part of how the wholesome league works.

Posted by: Thinker_ | November 15, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

man you can see the wright on the wall We will get killed tonight as Dallas rises out of the ashes

Posted by: thomasuras | November 15, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

I think I'd give a nut for a 48-20 victory tonight!

Posted by: wbbradb | November 15, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

If the Skins extend Mcnabb's contract am done rooting for this team, this dude stinks on third and critical downs his padded up stats are mostly on meaningless situations. Think!Dan, Think Shanny! please dont be swayed by some shallow media hommies. Mcnab is not the future.

Posted by: zimife1999 | November 15, 2010 3:27 PM | Report abuse

You all can chirp about racism and other useless crap that isn't an issurpe here and isn't a story...(earth to WAPO!).... McNabb is now a Redskin forever.... 5 years and $88 million reasons say so!

Posted by: Capitalist-1 | November 15, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse