McNabb book signing Tuesday

Redskins' fans will get a first look at Donovan McNabb later this week when training camp opens and the public is invited to Redskins Park. But fans can steal a sneak peek at McNabb in Washington Tuesday, when he appears at a local bookstore to sign copies of a new book called "NFL Dads Dedicated to Daughters."

McNabb is scheduled to appear at Borders (1801 K Street NW) in Downtown Washington Tuesday at 2 p.m. DeMaurice Smith, the NFL Players Association's executive director, also is scheduled to be on-hand.

McNabb is one of more than 70 current and former NFL players who contributed to the book, which discusses what it's like to have a daughter and what men can do to prevent violence against women.

"We cannot continue to support a man who needs to dominate a woman in order to boost his own confidence and feel like a man," McNabb wrote. "I am very protective of my daughters as well as my wife. I want my family to live happy, healthy lives in a world where there are good men who treat women right."

Proceeds from sales go to A Call to Men, a group dedicated to the prevention of domestic abuse. Redskins' cornerback DeAngelo Hall and former Redskin Brian Mitchell also contributed to the book and have previously signed copies.

By Rick Maese  |  July 26, 2010; 2:30 PM ET
Categories:  Donovan McNabb
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Camp storylines: No. 8 Safety
Next: Camp storylines: No. 7 Tight ends

Comments

Happy to see McNabb signing on this important issue. More men need to stand up and say there's no need to lay your hands on a woman. Peer pressure can be beneficial in this instance.

Posted by: walkdwalk | July 26, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

P.S. And even though he's acting like one, you can still hit Albert Haynesworth. *drumroll*

Posted by: walkdwalk | July 26, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Will Larry Johnson be there?

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 26, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

A husband and wife were having their baby. While at the hospital, the doctor tells them about a new machine that can give some of the mothers labour pain to the father of the baby. The husband accepts and the labour starts. When the doctor transfers some of the pain to the husband, he feels nothing. He transfers more of the pain to the husband, he still feels nothing. Amazed, the doctor transfers all the pain to the husband and he still feels nothing. Their baby was born and the couple goes home to find the mailman dead on their porch

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 26, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

nice bean nice

Posted by: _Stumped_ | July 26, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Will Larry Johnson be there?

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 26, 2010 2:44 PM |

He would be as welcome as a fart in an elevator.

Posted by: TubularBells | July 26, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

I'd rather watch McNabb sign his contract extension. I got a bad feeling this is a 1 year rental.

Posted by: FedorEm | July 26, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

how about Colt?

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 26, 2010 2:59 PM | Report abuse

So much for women's lib....

Hey, I'm confused here. Who are they protecting the women from?!

"and what men can do to prevent violence against women"...

do they mean "and what men can do to prevent [committing] violence against women" ??

egh. The whole thing feels dirty.

To top it all off, I bet the thing is a tax shelter to boot. ugly.

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 26, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

With this statement in mind, I wonder how many of the players who contributed to this book will admonish their colleagues to give up the seedy club culture where naked 'daughters' work to make them feel great.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

how about Colt?

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 26, 2010 2:59 PM
-----------------------------------------
how about Colt beating out Grossman...my prediction

Posted by: jcnjcnj | July 26, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

I got my first look at McNabb many years ago at RFK and I didn't like it. Glad he's on our side now.

Posted by: wireman65 | July 26, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: wireman65 | July 26, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Amen. I'm glad to have a QB that doesn't give me chest pains everytime he steps back in the pocket.

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 26, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

how about Colt beating out Grossman...my prediction

Posted by: jcnjcnj | July 26, 2010 3:09 PM

doubt it... just like I doubt he would have the cajones to sign this book in public.

he could prove me wrong on either account, though.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 26, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

"...how about Colt beating out Grossman...my prediction..."

Sure.

Colt is going to beat out a former league starter who already knows the offense, and, essentially, is the offensive coordinator's 'do-boy'.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

McNabb signs? WOO-HOO!

Posted by: hardiboiled | July 26, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hardiboiled | July 26, 2010 3:22 PM

mol... got a chuckle there.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 26, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

That's about 5 blocks away...might head up there for some chit chat....

Where's Lisa at? With her in tow, we might get some more time with DSmith...

Posted by: 4thFloor | July 26, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

WaPo leaving us hanging at storyline no. 8 after the latest flurry of posts?

hamster predictions re: the next top storylines?

let's make it easy... how about THE top storyline?

do 'The Mayor' and his cronies have some insider scoop waiting to dish out?

or hoping to drag things on until AH reports to camp in shape and ready to ball in the 3-4?

stay tuned.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 26, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse

"NFL Dads Dedicated to Daughters" was the title that got selected in a vote, winning
by a slim margin over the alternative title: "We Had to Write this Book to Salvage our Image Thanks to the Likes of PacMan Jones, Ben Roethlisberger, Larry Johnson & Co".

Posted by: p1funk | July 26, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

dikshuttle

"Hey, I'm confused here. Who are they protecting the women from?!"

Given what we all know about wealthy athletes, groupies, and paternity tests, I'd say they are trying to protect them from Maury Povich.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Strip Joint = Drinks cost as much as at FedEx

Posted by: hessone | July 26, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Strip Joint = Drinks cost as much as at FedEx

Posted by: hessone | July 26, 2010 3:49 PM |

But you're more likely to get screwed at Fed Ex.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | July 26, 2010 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Eat your cake Anna Mae

Posted by: CheyenneWY | July 26, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

dikshuttle

"Hey, I'm confused here. Who are they protecting the women from?!"

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

How awesome would it be to see Albert on Maury?

The stripper yelling," That's yo baby! You need to man up!"

Albert says,"He look nothing like me, it looks like a white baby."

"That's yours Albert."

Maury: "The results are in"
"In the case of 4 month old baby Diamond....Albert...You are the father!"

Stripper: "Yeah!Yeah! What now?!"

Albert: "Ima man up and take care my kids."

BTW I watch Maury everyday when I get off work.

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 26, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

One thing that never fails to impress up here is power rankings. Anybody linked to this already?

Oh yeah, baby, Skins coming in at #20! We're movin' on up! Cowboys at #4 (?!?) and Giants and Eagles at 16 and 17, respectively.

F the effing offseason. Almost over... almost over...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | July 26, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX | July 26, 2010 4:01 PM

nate, in response I offer my earlier response to another comment today...

--------------

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 26, 2010 2:34 PM

SB > playoffs > W-L record > blogger comments > power rankings > pre-camp power rankings > recent local media coverage

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 26, 2010 2:53 PM

--------------

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 26, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Strip Joint = Drinks cost as much as at FedEx

Posted by: hessone | July 26, 2010 3:49 PM

They got plenty of BYOB joints around here.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | July 26, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

We'll get there, moo man, we'll get there. Just a few more days and the News will start to feel Real again.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | July 26, 2010 4:15 PM | Report abuse

So apparently Cooley did an interview on The Opening Drive on Sirius NFL Radio today, and one of the questions asked was what he's noticed about McNabb so far. Here was Cooley's answer:

"1st he throws the ball real hard! He has a cannon. 2nd, I'm seeing balls that I probably should have gotten before, but wasn't ever thrown. Donovan will take chances with his playmakers. He believes in that! Sometimes I think, I can't believe he put that ball in here, but he just gave me a chance to make this play."

Clearly Cooley is a Campbell hater. All the haterz will look dumb when the Raiders win it all!!!!!!11_

We are using an _ to denote sarcasm now, right?

More here:

Posted by: --swb | July 26, 2010 4:15 PM | Report abuse

I hope the top story isn't, "Wikileaks releases Super Secret F*cking Football Formula"

Late Monday night a source leaked a copy of the SSFFF, reportedly for a large sum of money. The SSFFF detailed how and why the Washington Redskins will defeat the Dallas Cowboys, 28-17.

"It's a sad day for the SSFFF...Years of hard work down the drain", said iH8dallas, creator of the SSFFF." It takes the surprise away from the fans, I wanted it to be secret that my favorite team was winning the NFC East. It's like someone yelling out the end of a movie in the theater."

iH8dallas plans on suing the "pants" off of those involved.

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 26, 2010 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: _Stumped_ | July 26, 2010 4:25 PM | Report abuse

iH8dallas

"BTW I watch Maury everyday when I get off work."

Funny post.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

The only signing I want to hear about in regard to McNabb is him signing a contract extension with the Skins.

Posted by: coparker5 | July 26, 2010 4:40 PM | Report abuse

iH8dallas

"BTW I watch Maury everyday when I get off work."

Funny post.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Maury, followed by Judge Judy.

Great late afternoon lineup.

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 26, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

i8dallas

"Maury, followed by Judge Judy...Great late afternoon lineup."

The story about either show is the enormous money made from them.

They are literal cash cows.

Judge Judith Shendlin reportedly made $45 from her show.

I just wonder what goes through her mind while she's listening to some baby momma complain about not receiving a $100 a week support check she needs.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 4:50 PM | Report abuse

iH8dallas.

I meant $45 million, not $45 dollars.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 4:52 PM | Report abuse

24 hrs with no power. Man I hope these eggs are still good.

Posted by: SMACK1 | July 26, 2010 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Moe- Who knew lie detector tests and paternity tests would never get old.

And Judge Judy is seriously ballin'.

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 26, 2010 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: --swb | July 26, 2010 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Cooley always shoots straight.

Of course we didn't need him to tell us what we were seeing with our own eyes every week which was that Jason Shambles plays the QB position like a big chicken.

Posted by: p1funk | July 26, 2010 5:13 PM | Report abuse

24 hrs with no power. Man I hope these eggs are still good.

Posted by: SMACK1 | July 26, 2010 4:54 PM

should be good, unless you've entered menopause.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 26, 2010 5:23 PM | Report abuse

Haha, I think it's manopause, moo. About 30 feet of tree trunk came down too. $1200 (guess I'll have to skip my annual appearance at FedEx).

Posted by: SMACK1 | July 26, 2010 5:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SMACK1 | July 26, 2010 5:28 PM

bummer... looking up at the huge old maple in our neighbor's yard (DBH ca. 8 ft) w/ an imposing 2 ft diameter branch hanging high over our house.

we had wind storms last week (20 mph sustained, 30-40+ gusts) and I was waiting for the living room to get smashed in... large branches routinely fall, have ended up in everyone's yard so far.

was just telling my wife, about time to call the local arborist.

cheers and g'night all, the annual 'skins saga is just beginning ratchet up.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 26, 2010 5:52 PM | Report abuse

i8dallas

"Who knew lie detector tests and paternity tests would never get old."

Lie detector and paternity tests are staples in our home as mrsmoe usually can't be trusted to explain where she's been and why my daughters don't look like me.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 6:25 PM | Report abuse

... the RI HOF Moe.

Posted by: Diesel44 | July 25, 2010 9:49 PM |

It's more like the RI HOE Moe. Hah!

Posted by: TubularBells | July 26, 2010 6:27 PM | Report abuse

... why my daughters don't look like me.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 6:25 PM |

You should be thankful they aren't skankful. Heh, heh.

Posted by: TubularBells | July 26, 2010 6:34 PM | Report abuse

Words from C Cooley:

"I'm seeing balls that I probably should have gotten before, but wasn't ever thrown. Donovan will take chances with his playmakers."

Whereas this sounds like a passive aggressive swipe at JC, what I remember is that #17's tuteluge early on was not to throw INTS or take chances.

Too, he spent time on the bench watching M Brunell be the 'checkdown' king, didn't he?

Again: I believe JC will do well in the AFC (Easy) West, and put up numbers that'll earn him the payday he wasn't going to get in D.C..

Our hope should be that in three years, weren't not regretting trading him away.

'Cuz we might.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 6:40 PM

admit that I'm an inveterate RI hanger on, trying to motivate for more irrigation work in 95 degree weather, but can't help checking in here.

I will say this. the better JC does, the more draft value we get in return... for that reason alone, I'm a big fan of JC in Oakland.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 26, 2010 6:45 PM | Report abuse

What's the story on the fastest kid on roster- Brandon Banks?

Posted by: abxinc | July 26, 2010 6:48 PM | Report abuse

For you Madden heads out there, the soundtrack for Madden 11 is out and it looks like they're trying to get more of a real game experience (playing stuff like "We Will Rock You", "Welcome to the Jungle", etc.). The good news for Skins fans?

The game will now play "Hail to the Redskins" after the Skins score touchdowns at home.

Can't believe they didn't think of this before now, but glad they've finally added it.

And glad that we'll actually have an offense that will allow us to hear our fight song more than once a month.

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 26, 2010 6:49 PM | Report abuse

on the Cooley comments ... McNabb is willing to take chances. ??? And Cooley knows this based on ... minicamp?

Geez its not like DM5 has to impress to get the job. Its his. We'll see how good/often DM5 is throwing into tight spots during games that count. Until then, Cooley is just blowing happy smoke.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | July 26, 2010 6:50 PM | Report abuse

I will say this. the better JC does, the more draft value we get in return...

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 26, 2010 6:45 PM |

Posted by: TubularBells | July 26, 2010 6:57 PM | Report abuse

moodlymoo

"...the better JC does, the more draft value we get in return... for that reason alone, I'm a big fan of JC in Oakland."

I guess, then, you hope JC does well so maybe we do better.

So, was that 4th round pick conditional?

Like you, moo, I'm udderly dumb-founded.

Ok. OK., moo, I'll stop milking that uncertainty before someone starts beefing about my lame posting.

(INSERT rimshot audio and bad pun groan.)

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 6:58 PM | Report abuse

Until then, Cooley is just blowing happy smoke.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | July 26, 2010 6:50 PM |

He puffing Pineapple Express?

Posted by: TubularBells | July 26, 2010 6:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 26, 2010 6:45 PM

I'm rooting for him anyway. Not just for our compensation but because he's a nice kid who got a raw deal here.

And Moe...JC got his pay day already. He got a 2 year extension when he got traded to Oakland so they'll have him in 2010 and 2011. So if we messed up by trading him and Oakland doesn't re-sign him, he'll be free to come back to D.C. in 2012.

Kidding.

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 26, 2010 7:01 PM | Report abuse

tubular

"Wrong player, statement converse: the better McN do, the more draft value we give up."

You're right about that.

McNabb is where his success on the field hurts on draft day.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 7:01 PM | Report abuse

... before someone starts beefing about my lame posting.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 6:58 PM |

Heavens, who would ever do something like that?

Posted by: TubularBells | July 26, 2010 7:02 PM | Report abuse

What's the story on the fastest kid on roster- Brandon Banks?

Posted by: abxinc | July 26, 2010 6:48 PM |

Dude is faster than the speed of light. One day he took off in relative way and arrived back home on the previous day (this is for all you physics geeks on the blog).

Posted by: TubularBells | July 26, 2010 7:07 PM | Report abuse

My hope is that mcnabb wins us 8 games n doesn't go to the Pro Bowl...

If he wins us 9 or goes to the PB we give philly our third not fourth.

If we give philly our third, the saints get the fourth n we get there sixth.

If we give philly our fourth, the saints get our third n we get there fifth.

So hope for 8 wins n no pro bowl, until next yr....

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | July 26, 2010 7:14 PM | Report abuse

it's a done deal... JC is gone and DMc is here.

I have mixed feelings about the trades, like many here.

but if JC succeeding in Oakland means the 'skins get more in return, then I say "let him play better"!

if DMc can stick around the 'skins for more than one year and stabilize the ship, then I say "let him play better"!

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 26, 2010 7:15 PM | Report abuse

I don't think we regret trading JC.....

I think and hope he does well, but we gotta remember in the nfc east you can't be mediocre....

The raiders division thrives in mediocrity....

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | July 26, 2010 7:19 PM | Report abuse

... he'll be free to come back to D.C. in 2012.

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 26, 2010 7:01 PM |

Never too early to start filling out your itinerary:

1. Washington Monument
2. White House
3. National Gallery
4. Rock and Roll Hotel

Posted by: TubularBells | July 26, 2010 7:21 PM | Report abuse

I hope Dmac stays for more than 2 yrs!!!

I hope 3 to 4

Giving us 2 yrs to draft our next starter n groom him for a yr or two behind dnasty....

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | July 26, 2010 7:23 PM | Report abuse

brown

"So if we messed up by trading him (JC) and Oakland doesn't re-sign him, he'll be free to come back to D.C. in 2012."

I think the raiders' fanbase and franchise have been humbled by the failures of J Russell, et al., into accepting what we reject: so-so quarterback play.

Exceptional q-back play is the rarity, and skins' fan demand it and haven't received it since B Johnson was sent packing.

We, for whatever reason, haven't been humbled into accepting a game-manager q-back like most teams/fans do.

And I'm wondering what happens if McNabb replicates his numbers from '09 (they were abot the same as JC's).

Will folks howl like they did after JC, seeing how McNabb will be in an much better situation?

We'll see.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 7:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 7:26 PM |

McN's passes sent DeS to the Pro Bowl. The only bowl a Skins WR saw after the season was over was the one they sat on.

Posted by: TubularBells | July 26, 2010 7:31 PM | Report abuse

Wow...some here are REALLY hoping we stay at .500 so we don't give Philly our 3rd? Really? I thought the whole point of this trade was so that we'd get really good right away?

The way I look at it, either way we're giving up our 3rd and 4th rounders. I couldn't give a sh*t less who it goes to, as long as we're winning. Hell, I'll happily give Philly our 2nd rounder instead if it means McNabb wins MVP, we get 14 wins and win a Super Bowl in Jerrah Jones' monument to himself.

Hoping for mediocrity to give up less in a trade is the stuff of losers. The reason we hired Shanahan and made the McNabb trade is so that we don't have to live like that anymore.

Here's hoping we don't.

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 26, 2010 7:34 PM | Report abuse

I don't care about McNabb's numbers, I'll be happy as long as he isn't as cautious as Campbell. I can live with McNabb taking some chances and losing. The checkdown on 3rd and 8, the 3 yard pass on 3rd and 6 - that stuff was getting old. I hope Campbell realizes this is his last chance and he becomes a more aggressive football player.

Posted by: coparker5 | July 26, 2010 7:38 PM | Report abuse

Here's hoping we don't.

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 26, 2010 7:34 PM | Report abuse

Right brownie. We're giving up our 3rd and 4th. The only difference is...do we get a 5th or a 6th in return. I hope we go 14-2, and win the Lombardi, and only get a 6th in return.

Posted by: frediefritz | July 26, 2010 8:01 PM | Report abuse

Will folks howl ...

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 7:26 PM |

Speaking of howling, there's lots of $$$ to be make from werewolf's and vampires. The latest Twilight movie has already raked in $280 M on a budget of $70 M - making $4 on ever $1 spent ain't a bad life to lead.

Posted by: TubularBells | July 26, 2010 8:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: coparker5 | July 26, 2010 7:38 PM |

Cosign coparker. I was so tired of the predictable let down on 3rd downs and critical drives. It was so frustrating to see it time and again.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | July 26, 2010 8:25 PM | Report abuse

"I don't care about McNabb's numbers, I'll be happy as long as he isn't as cautious as Campbell."

Trust me, I hated the cautious play, too.

What JC lacked was a 'go for the throat' gear that precluded the team from coming back or attacking when down.

It affected the defense to where it seemed to cave-in, thinking, "Here we go again," sometime in the middle of the 3rd quarter of games.

JC couldn't rally or put the offense on his shoulders and win with his arms and legs--and that is what defines the elite q-back from the game manager type.

That advantage in and of itself is why we should celebrate McNabb's arrival: he's a winner.

And he should collect victories, even if he only throws for 3,400 yards--again.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 8:37 PM | Report abuse

The Day's Best Headline:

Police: Man robs bank in clown pants, fake breasts

You know the economy is bad when fools stop posting in blogs to rob banks.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 8:44 PM | Report abuse

The Day's Best Headline:

Police: Man robs bank in clown pants, fake breasts

You know the economy is bad when fools stop posting in blogs to rob banks.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 8:44 PM |

Bets on which blogger it was?

Ignoring the fear of relentless whacko political/nazi attacks I'll say Frak.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | July 26, 2010 9:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 7:26 PM

Posted by: TubularBells | July 26, 2010 8:21 PM

speaking of howling, the calves are on a Japanese anime run lately...

just finished Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, and Howl's Moving Castle.

great flicks for young and old who aren't inspired by Twilight.

there is always the Hardy Boys canon, gradually working through that...

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 26, 2010 9:25 PM | Report abuse

The Day's Best Headline:

Police: Man robs bank in clown pants, fake breasts

You know the economy is bad when fools stop posting in blogs to rob banks.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 8:44 PM |

Anyone notice at the end of the last thread how armchairGM made it clear that Reed Doughty plowed his wife? Wow the hatred. Anyway, like Reed a lot but Kareem is the lone Free Safety on the team and will start as such.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | July 26, 2010 9:30 PM | Report abuse

Hello everybody

Posted by: chrislarry | July 26, 2010 9:34 PM | Report abuse

Hey cL, long time no see.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | July 26, 2010 9:35 PM | Report abuse

been lurking some, super busy, vacation, basically taking a break to get rested for pre & regular season.

Posted by: chrislarry | July 26, 2010 9:38 PM | Report abuse

How has the water been lately on the ole' RI?

Posted by: chrislarry | July 26, 2010 9:39 PM | Report abuse

moodly

Unlike my second daughter, I hate anime.

However, "Ponyo" is something to take a look at if you do like that style of animation.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 9:40 PM | Report abuse

The Day's Best Headline:

Police: Man robs bank in clown pants, fake breasts

You know the economy is bad when fools stop posting in blogs to rob banks.

It couldn't have been our Cyn-Cyn. Maybe it was the Mayor, impersonating Cyn-Cyn.

Posted by: frediefritz | July 26, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

How has the water been lately on the ole' RI?

Posted by: chrislarry | July 26, 2010 9:39 PM

Ice cold and full of sharks my man.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | July 26, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Moe, not a big anime cat myself but the director of ponyo, Hayao Miyazaki is a genius. Spirited Away is def one of the best movies i have ever scene...

Posted by: chrislarry | July 26, 2010 9:46 PM | Report abuse

so just how i like it scamp!

Posted by: chrislarry | July 26, 2010 9:48 PM | Report abuse

Sup, chrislarry

"Hayao Miyazaki is a genius."

True.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 9:52 PM | Report abuse

Yea, hopefully things will get less testy now that the season is imminent. Lots of viciousness during this offseason.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | July 26, 2010 9:52 PM | Report abuse

speaking of howling, the calves are on a Japanese anime run lately...

just finished Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, and Howl's Moving Castle.

great flicks for young and old who aren't inspired by Twilight.

there is always the Hardy Boys canon, gradually working through that...

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 26, 2010 9:25 PM | Report abuse

Don't know what any of those are, but watched An American Werewolf in London the other day. Greatest werewolf movie ever.

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 26, 2010 9:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | July 26, 2010 9:52 PM

Shut up fascist.

Posted by: mack1 | July 26, 2010 10:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | July 26, 2010 9:52 PM | Report abuse

I don't know why us Redskins fans turn on each other in the offseason.

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 26, 2010 10:02 PM | Report abuse

Shut up fascist.

Posted by: mack1 | July 26, 2010 10:01 PM | Report

Phuk you commie!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | July 26, 2010 10:04 PM | Report abuse

I kid scamp.
We're only happy when we're winning iH8dallas. And that hasn't happen much.
I feel better this year than I did last year. But that always seems to be the case. Still I'm looking forward to it.

Posted by: mack1 | July 26, 2010 10:08 PM | Report abuse

i8dallas

"I don't know why us Redskins fans turn on each other in the offseason."

Redskins turn on each other as there are too many indians wanting to be chiefs.

And that racist comment will end my night.

Peace.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 10:09 PM | Report abuse

American Werewolf is classic....

...and so is Warren Zevon

HOL! I have two calves (5 and 2 yrs old) howling along to the video clip right now.

will check out Ponyo - making a trip to the local video store tonight - and yes Miyazaki is pretty brilliant.

HTTR!!!

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | July 26, 2010 10:09 PM | Report abuse

Let me end things on a positive note:

from Dr. Suess,

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

There, I've redeemed myself.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 26, 2010 10:13 PM | Report abuse

I kid scamp.
We're only happy when we're winning iH8dallas. And that hasn't happen much.

Posted by: mack1 | July 26, 2010 10:08 PM |

I know dude, I was playing to it. Most of us have managed to put aside our differences up here. We all have common ground. Things will get a lot more pleasant if we start winning some games.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | July 26, 2010 10:14 PM | Report abuse

How has the water been lately on the ole' RI?

Posted by: chrislarry | July 26, 2010 9:39 PM | Report abuse

What do you think?

Someone took a leak in it, and everyone's throwing up crappy posts because there's nothing to talk about.

Now that I think about it, the water got warm and yellow and then suddenly you reappear...hmmm....

Posted by: p1funk | July 26, 2010 11:34 PM | Report abuse

Until then, Cooley is just blowing happy smoke.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | July 26, 2010 6:50 PM |

He puffing Pineapple Express?

Posted by: TubularBells | July 26, 2010 6:59 PM | Report abuse

Pakalolo: Da Kine fo make da mine right.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | July 27, 2010 12:16 AM | Report abuse

Just read a very well done article here on the art of playing nose tackle. Tip of the cap to the writer (Amy Shipley) for not only giving us some valuable insight from great NTs of the past like Ted Washington and Bob Baumhower, but for providing the quote that best sums up the AH situation via Fred Smerlas, a fine NT that played with Jim Haslett in Buffalo:

"Should I get a napkin to wipe his fat tears?...The public does not sympathize with someone making $100 million."

Well said, Mr. Smerlas. Well said indeed.

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 27, 2010 5:43 AM | Report abuse

Agreed...Good read.

Posted by: camp_fodder | July 27, 2010 5:52 AM | Report abuse

For Alex and my fellow Madden heads, Madden 11 will now feature a SB celebration that includes a trip to the White House to shake hands with the President. Friggin awesome...

Between that and now having "Hail To the Redskins" playing at the virtual FedEx Field, this has potential to be the best Madden to date...

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 27, 2010 6:19 AM | Report abuse

Madden is the only game they will win and they could have just said come out opening night and watch that animal Jay Ratliff from Dallas work Rabach like a speed bag if you want to see a pro play the nose tackle position. McChicken was dumped by a divisional opponent and fleeced the skins. Philly was in the playoff's and you don't get rid of your starter if you are trying to get to the next level. Fans here need to drop the pipe Rayful Edmunds left behind.

Posted by: doyouktt | July 27, 2010 7:41 AM | Report abuse