Eagles' Michael Vick enters Week 10 with no turnovers

By Jason Reid

Of all the impressive things about Michael Vick's performance this season, the Philadelphia Eagles' star quarterback has no turnovers.

In five games this season, Vick has completed 60.8 percent of his passes for 1,017 yards and seven touchdowns with no interceptions. He also has rushed for 261 yards (with a 7.3-yard average) and two touchdowns with no fumbles lost.

Vick's ability to take care of the football could be among the keys Monday night when the Redskins play host to Eagles at FedEx Field.

Eagles Coach Andy Reid is reluctant to discuss Vick's impressive ball security because "right when you start worrying about that stuff is right when you start fumbling and throwing interceptions. I think he is just all-around playing good football and I can't go in either direction with that. There is not enough wood to knock on here."

After missing three games because of a rib injury suffered during a Week 4 loss to the Redskins, Vick appeared to be in top form in his return to the lineup last week. The three-time Pro Bowler led the Eagles to a 26-24 victory against the Indianapolis Colts with an outstanding overall performance.

Vick completed 17 of 29 passes for 218 yards with one touchdown and no interceptions and rushed for 74 yards (with a 7.4-yard average) and another touchdown. He had a strong passer rating of 93.7.

For his efforts, Vick was named the NFC offensive player for Week 9.

"I will tell you that they [the Colts] have a pretty good defense, too, and he did a decent job," Reid said of Vick. "Yes, he is pretty good."

By Jason Reid  | November 15, 2010; 2:00 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Eagles RB LeSean McCoy poses a threat to Redskins defense
Next: Donovan McNabb agrees to five-year contract extension

Comments

Not to bring up the past and everything with the dog fighting, but don't you think it's kinda ironic that Vick rhymes with tick??? Hey, I can't be the FIRST one to think that!

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

So Vick is offensive.. I agree! He has 65% K-9 losses.

Posted by: iubiquity | November 15, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

It was a play on the "the black guy always dies first" theme.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | November 15, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Only a RACIST would say that!!! lol j/k

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

It was a play on the "the black guy always dies first" theme.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | November 15, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Only a RACIST would say that!!! lol j/k

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Too late...you just jinxed it...DUMMY!

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

I will bet they are gonna soon be talking Dez Bryant for the Pro Bowl because of the team he represents and not on deservedness! He had a few good games, big deal! Pro Bowl is a joke.. popularity contest!

Posted by: iubiquity | November 15, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Too late...you just jinxed it...DUMMY!

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, it's like an announcer talking about how good an Olineman is playing, and what ALWAYS happens the very next play: HOLDING!!!

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 2:08 PM

You're not only the first one to "think" of that, you're the only one who thinks it was worth posting.(!!)

Have you started your pre-game drinking early today?

Posted by: MColeman51 | November 15, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

ZEKE’S UNIQUE PERSPECTIVES brought to you by the fine people at Yahoo!

Every season has a midpoint (no, I won’t be giving out grades), and it comes with the same warning you get with that mutual fund purchase – past performance is not a guarantee of future results.

Yet, more often than not, the Skins first half DOES resemble the second half.

Year: 1st half record and 2nd half record
2004: 3-5 and 3-5
2005: 5-3 and 5-3
2006: 3-5 and 2-6
2007: 5-3 and 4-4
2008: 6-2 and 2-6
2009: 2-6 and 2-6

5 times in the past 6 years, the first half and second half records were very similar. If history repeats, we finish within a game of 8-8. Though 2007 looks similar between the 2 halves, it wasn’t. 5-3 turned into 5-6 and then Sean Taylor got murdered. The emotional team finished with 4 straight wins, while playing at a very high level.

The last time the Redskins won more games in the second half of the season was in 2001, with Schottenheimer at the helm (no 2001 Skins are on the 2010 roster, Albright and Samuels came closest). Worth mentioning, the greatest era of Skins football, the Gibbs 1.0 years, were noted for strong finishes.

I see no obvious reason for the second half of 2010 to deviate from the script of recent years, but I see more downside risk than upside.

We play an improved philly team this week, and the jints, maybe the best in the NFC, twice. Tennessee is a formidable team, with a very aggressive defense and 3 unique weapons on offense. Surprising Tampa is a load this year. These 5 games are against teams with 5 or more Ws right now.

The softest opponents are Jax, who have still managed to be 4-4, and the ‘pukes. We’ll get Minny in a couple weeks, likely with their under the radar MVP, Sidney Rice, back. After Sunday's loss, though Minny looks like they are close to done.

To go 4-4 in the 2nd half would be a solid accomplishment. It means winning the 2 softer games, and getting 2 upsets in the other 6. The defense has top 5 talent and Brandon Banks can transform a game (only for the better, so far). If the offense pitches in, we can get some quality wins. I haven’t given up on playoffs. At the start of the 2010, I gave us a 1 in 4 chance -- the odds are probably a tad worse.

There is one thing I would love to see – a marker that tells me we are in a different era. That would be a win over the jints. We’ve lost 7 of 8 to them (the W came in the windstorm game in the post ST21 run) and it has been our major matchup problem. Get to 8-8, including a win over the jints, and this season has the potential to be the building block many of us hoped it would become.

And that is your midterm version of ZEKE’S UNIQUE PERSPECTIVES, as always brought to you by the fine people at Yahoo!

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 15, 2010 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iubiquity | November 15, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Same thing with Romo. He made the Pro Bowl in his very first year and he barely played half of the games. Why is everybody always slobbin on the nob of the Cowpies?

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 2:21 PM | Report abuse

deservedness!

Posted by: iubiquity | November 15, 2010 2:15 PM

nice

Posted by: MColeman51 | November 15, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

"Eagles' Michael Vick enters Week 10 with no turnovers"

Tonight's theme: 'Regression to the mean'

Book it!

Posted by: 4-12 | November 15, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

He's super f'in man, got it. We have no chance. I'll just go to bed early and not bother watching. Thanks Reid.

Posted by: stevek20147 | November 15, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 2:08 PM

Have you started your pre-game drinking early today?

Posted by: MColeman51 | November 15, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Hey, I was trying to think of a good FIRST and that's what I came up with!

Yeah, the Bud is running cold and plentiful here at the monastery!!! You know what they say, it's 5 o'clock somewhere!!!

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Hey 4-12,

Have you made a prediction for 2010 yet?

Posted by: MColeman51 | November 15, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Have you started your pre-game drinking early today?

Posted by: MColeman51 | November 15, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 2:29 PM

Wish I was drinking...still on the fence between beer and rum tonight...I guess it will be a gametime decision.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Why wasn't this post titled "Eagles QB Michael Vick poses a threat to Redskins defense"?

Posted by: freakzilla | November 15, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

here at the monastery!!! You know what they say, it's 5 o'clock somewhere!!!

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 2:29 PM

That means you're supposed to be at vespers. Always. The abbott's looking for your sacreligous ass.

Posted by: beep-beep | November 15, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

deservedness!

Posted by: iubiquity | November 15, 2010 2:15 PM

nice

Posted by: MColeman51 | November 15, 2010 2:22 PM |

not to be confused with deservedid

Posted by: hessone | November 15, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Y;know - it's getting to a point where I'm not gonna watch shti on Hulu, either.

I'm seeing up to 20 commercials an episode, now. blech.

Posted by: DikShuttle | November 15, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

here at the monastery!!! You know what they say, it's 5 o'clock somewhere!!!

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 2:29 PM

Posted by: beep-beep | November 15, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

It's ok, the Abbott always speeds through the vespers on game day, in fact I need to stop typing and catch up to him, he's more drunk than me!!!

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

vespers... that's the victorian polite word for 'fart', right?

Posted by: DikShuttle | November 15, 2010 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 2:33 PM

Which one practiced harder this week?

Posted by: dlhaze1 | November 15, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

vespers... that's the victorian polite word for 'fart', right?

Posted by: DikShuttle | November 15, 2010 2:46 PM | Report abuse

It has many meanings:

evening prayers
farts
queefs
courtesy flushes
a nice way to ask the nuns to close their legs

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 2:33 PM

Which one practiced harder this week?

Posted by: dlhaze1 | November 15, 2010 2:52 PM

Defintely rum...beer has been inactive and on the practice squad for a couple of weeks...don't tell anyone...but I've been working on a wrinkle or two over the BYE...trying to get them both involved...may just have to break out the OPTION tonight!

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

just remember the rule:

Liquor before beer - in the clear.

Beer before liquor - never sicker.

This is truth. I have the liver to prove it.

Posted by: DikShuttle | November 15, 2010 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Banks is a go tonight, Portis will be inactive. It's on NFL.com (naturally J Reid did not break the news).

Posted by: quinn3 | November 15, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

BREAKING NEWS: Rum has just been announced into the starting lineup tonight, and Beer is none too happy about it with possible holdouts pending. Another one making a statement for playing time is Vodka. In related news, reports coming out from Dallas suggest Jerry Jones starts all of them in a 3-man rotation!

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dlhaze1 | November 15, 2010 2:52 PM
Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 3:00 PM

I’ll be running a three headed monster. No fantasy value here folks…..Bourbon gets the start, but beer will carry most of the load. Occasional shot of vodka, or possibly rum as a change of pace. Sometimes it’s fun to wake up and need to watch the 4th qtr again.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | November 15, 2010 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Thinking back to my last monday night game at fedex against the iggles...it was the infamous pepper spray game!

Ugh, that was fun.

Hope the boys show up ready tonight.

Posted by: stevek20147 | November 15, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Who's this quinn guy breaking into our alcohol discussion with football news?

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Oh, almost forgot, my machine is broke, it claims Personal_Fowl is Rev. Al Sharpton. Oh well, see you guys on Victory Tuesday!

Redskins - 18
Eagles - 13

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Redskins - 18
Eagles - 13

Posted by: monk811 | November 15, 2010 3:21 PM

18? Haha. Ok.

I'll stick with 24-20...has to hit someday right?

Good luck with the Monks tonight monk...see ya on Hangover Tuesday!

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 3:25 PM | Report abuse

BREAKING HOLY MUTHA HUMPIN NEWS

From Twitter, ESPNs Michael Smith:

"RT @MrMichael_Smith #Redskins and Donovan McNabb have agreed to 5-year extension, worth $78 million, $40 mil guaranteed"

Posted by: 4-12 | November 15, 2010 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Beer definitely gets the start tonight. Drinking during the week usually draws ugly looks from the girlfriend.

However, iH8 predicts his girlfriend goes to bed sometime before the 1st 2 minute warning.

At this time Crown Royal Black Label comes off the bench to wear down the defense.

Then I will try (probably unsuccessfully) to score my own touchdown when the game is over.

Posted by: iH8dallas | November 15, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Ugh, that was fun.

Hope the boys show up ready tonight.

Posted by: stevek20147 | November 15, 2010 3:20 PM |

Yeah, I should have been arrested that game. I didn't do the pepper spray, but I did everything else.

A friend of mine told two LARGE Eagles fans at one point to "sit down and shut up, you Philadelphia fagg0ts!"

I thought we were going to get into it for sure, and, of course, he stands about 5'4". I was so proud (relieved) when they turned around and sat down. Didn't hear another word out of them.

THEN, like 3 minutes later, a bunch of Redskins fans started sitting behind us, telling us, "we had your back" and "good job" and stuff.

I still have a bad feeling that if it had been "ON," I would have ended up getting my a$$ whooped. I'm sure I could have counted on our "backup" to point out the perps for us after the fact though.

Hail. This game scares me. Good news is, we don't really have much to lose. We're 4-4.

Back to work!

Posted by: Thinker_ | November 15, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4-12 | November 15, 2010 3:27 PM

-------------------------------------

Is that a $38 million Super Bowl victory incentive?

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | November 15, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

From ESPN.com:

"Source: $78M deal for Donovan McNabbEmail Print Comments41 ESPN.com

The Washington Redskins and quarterback Donovan McNabb have agreed to a five-year, $78 million extension which could be worth up to $88 million with incentives, a source with knowledge of the agreement told ESPN NFL Insider Michael Smith.

The source said $40 million of the deal will be guaranteed."
____

I guess this ends the QB controversy.

Posted by: skinsfan713 | November 15, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Just watched it on ESPN 4-12. WOW!

Posted by: kerzon417 | November 15, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Huh, guess the staff didn't think so poorly of McNabb after all. What a bunch of retarded schmucks these newsies really are.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 15, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

local radio up here is reporting 5 years, 78 million....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 15, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mafreeman | November 15, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 2:33 PM

Which one practiced harder this week?

Posted by: dlhaze1 | November 15, 2010 2:52 PM

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

---------------------------------
For this game one might consider bringing weed up from the practice squad. It may soften the blow.

Posted by: skins91r | November 15, 2010 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4-12 | November 15, 2010 3:27 PM

McNabb will be taking his linemen out to Morton's, giving them all gold Rolex's. More likely: Taco Bell and plastic Casio's.

Posted by: beep-beep | November 15, 2010 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Why does the national media always get news faster than our local guys on the ground. Really, Redskins "Insider"? Get it together: McNabb will be extended for a possible 5 years, and we in the comments post it on this site before you??

Posted by: Invisman52 | November 15, 2010 3:37 PM | Report abuse

McNabb gets 5 year 78 Million Extension??!! ESPN.

Posted by: fmc5 | November 15, 2010 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Lot of money tied to performance...beautiful.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 15, 2010 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Who's this quinn guy breaking into our alcohol discussion with football news?

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Even though I knew interrupting the booze thread was risky, I had to take a shot.

Posted by: quinn3 | November 15, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

The guys on ESPN 980 were speculating this morning that McNabb would be signed before tonight's game.

Sux it all you haters and downers. God I was so tired about how Shannahan ruined this team.

Now we have a top-tier QB for the next few years while we groom for the future. Maybe we get a youngin in this coming draft, maybe next.

This allows us to pick the right new comer that fits, not b/c we need one now.

This makes since. And I bet the last two years are optional.

Posted by: Devo2 | November 15, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

The Washington Redskins and quarterback Donovan McNabb have agreed to a five-year, $78 million extension that could be worth up to $88 million with incentives, a source with knowledge of the agreement told ESPN NFL Insider Michael Smith.

The source said $40 million of the deal will be guaranteed.

FROM ESPN.COM

WHERE ARE YOU JREID??

Posted by: zjenks | November 15, 2010 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Looking like McNabb is here to stay:

The source said $40 million of the deal will be guaranteed.

Posted by: Jonathan6 | November 15, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

iH8 excited about McNabb deal.

Posted by: iH8dallas | November 15, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Noooooooooooooooooo

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 15, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Ugh, that was fun.

Hope the boys show up ready tonight.

Posted by: stevek20147 | November 15, 2010 3:20 PM |

Back to work!

Posted by: Thinker_ | November 15, 2010 3:32 PM

Haha, nice. Can't say I did the spraying either, but there was a LOT of ish like what you described going on. Good times!!

Posted by: stevek20147 | November 15, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

I'm loving how all the media peeps and all the ex players bashing the skins and claiming their was a problem with shanny and mcnabb even though mcnabb said they talked and there was no issues over a week ago...all have egg on their faces!

Posted by: leevi98 | November 15, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

~Raise glass~

Here's to Donovan ending his career in DC in John-Elway-like fashion.

Cheers.

~Gulp~

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | November 15, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Cmon Reid, its reported that McNabb just signed an extension..Get on this!!!

Posted by: ocskins | November 15, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Cmon Reid, its reported that McNabb just signed an extension..Get on this!!!

Report: Redskins sign McNabb to five-year extension
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 15, 2010, 3:30 PM EST
Donovan McNabb has secured another financial apology.

ESPN’s Michael Smith reports that the Redskins have signed McNabb to a five-year, $78 million extension with a reported $40 million guaranteed. Yep, the organization has doubled down on McNabb just days after benching him for Rex Grossman.

As always, we’ll wait until we see the contractual details before evaluating. The final years of the contract are likely meaningless, and we’ve seen that some “guaranteed” money is often anything but when you look closer.

With that out of the way, this clearly a serious and somewhat stunning financial commitment from the Redskins. McNabb will surely be locked in Washington through the 2011 season at a minimum.

Starting Monday night, McNabb gets to make the organization look smart for all their faith or foolish for sinking more money into a doomed partnership with Mike Shanahan.

Posted by: ocskins | November 15, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Who's this quinn guy breaking into our alcohol discussion with football news?

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: quinn3 | November 15, 2010 3:39 PM

Haha...well it looks like the McNabb deal has trumped the booze talk...at least for now.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 15, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Is McNabb white? I mean, Mike Wise assured us that the Redskins are racist.

If we're keeping McNabb do we have to let the Shanahans leave now?

Posted by: beep-beep | November 15, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

ESPN NFL Insider Michael Smith reports the Washington Redskins and QB Donovan McNabb have agreed to 5 yrs, $78 million extension.

+++

The Skins couldn't possibly be that stupid or desperate. I like McNabb, but not for that kind of crazy money. Thank god only 40 mil is guaranteed. (Ha! listen to me...ONLY 40 mil - I crack myself up sometimes...)

Guess we should wait to hear the terms...

Posted by: edvar | November 15, 2010 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Report: Redskins sign McNabb to five-year extension
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 15, 2010, 3:30 PM EST
Donovan McNabb has secured another financial apology.

Posted by: ocskins | November 15, 2010 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 15, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

You know what's really despicable Scamp? The same media geniuses that has railroaded this topic for 2 weeks will now spin it like this contract is an "Apology" of some sort. It's already starting. I guarantee you this will not die, but instead this extension will be portrayed and remuneration for the "racially motivated benching" McNabb was put through by the team. Awful.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | November 15, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Let's see how long it will take Reid to Break this news!

Posted by: ash10 | November 15, 2010 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Noooooooooooooooooo

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 15, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

What's the matter sunshine?

Posted by: iH8dallas | November 15, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | November 15, 2010 3:50 PM

and with any luck they will be the only ones that actually believe the SJK they shovel.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 15, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Congratulations to McNabb. Love the timing of the move, too. Now, maybe the cut Roydell Williams while everyone is distracted. You know how rowdy those Roydell fans can be.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 15, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

dont we love that Post never has this first, what does Reid do all day at Redskin Park

Posted by: mhartz1 | November 15, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

peebo

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 15, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mhartz1 | November 15, 2010 3:56 PM
-----------------------------------------
He's in the backroom playing with his Vinny Cerrato poseable action figure.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 15, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

The Redskin organization did the right
thing re-signing DM5 for that deal, esp
just before tonight's game. The pressure is
off tonight. He can focus on victory over the Eagles now, showing them what a drastic mistake that organization made. Since the Giants lost yesterday, this is a monster MUST game for us. When we win tonight, this division will be up for grabs. All we have to do is beat the Giants
twice and do well versus our other opponents. It would be great if we can go
6 and Oh against Division opponents. We are
the only team in our Division who can do so... HAIL...

Posted by: DeployedFan | November 15, 2010 4:27 PM | Report abuse