Final Thoughts on Redskins-Cowboys

Figured I'd close the book on Dallas week with this post, and we'll start digging into the Eagles tomorrow.

The Redskins have completely negated running back Marion Barber in their two games against him. The Cowboys have not made him a big enough part of the game plan - and have abandoned the run for the most part - but still the numbers are crazy.

Barber has six carries for -6 yards in the final regular-season game in 2007. And Barber had eight carries for 26 yards yesterday. That's 14 rushes for 20 yards over two games. The Skins try to be as physical with him as possible, "hunting his legs" in their vernacular, and he has not gotten into any sort of rhythm against them.

One play from the game stood out for me: Third-and-4 from the Dallas 45, game tied at 7 in the second quarter. The Cowboys had been hitting Jason Campbell a lot early and brought a big blitz. The Skins were in an I formation, and he read it well, found Chris Cooley and hit him for a nine-yard gain. DeMarcus Ware was offsides on the play, but the Skins took the play, not the penalty. Great snapshot of the way Jason is playing and reading the game.

Finally, my man Larry in Brooklyn emailed to inform me the Skins' QBs have not thrown an INT in eight regular-season games dating back to last season.

By Jason La Canfora  |  September 29, 2008; 5:24 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Rankings Reflect Redskins' Rise
Next: Skins Secondary Is Primary Key to Success

Comments

First Iggles post tomorrow!

Posted by: Stumped1 | September 29, 2008 5:33 PM | Report abuse

First?

Posted by: skinswest | September 29, 2008 5:33 PM | Report abuse

+++I knew it....Corkczar gets on here and raves about how great the Skins are. And tries to say people like him are the REAL fans, that's a joke! A fan has faith in his team ALL OF THE TIME, not just after a win. 4-12 if they are lucky....and bashing any Skins fan who actually had the nerve to believe this team was capable of being .500 or better.

Posted by: RobInVaBeach | September 29, 2008 3:41 PM+++

Actually, Rob, that’s not a fan, that’s a symptom of psychosis. It also pretty much sums up the way things worked in Germany under the Fuehrer. You were not a “real fan” of the Reich unless “you had faith in Herr Hitler ALL OF THE TIME.”

I have no doubt the Ayatollah would welcome you to his Mosque in Iran, where they also don’t tolerate any independent thinking.
See petty dictators, and the small-minded do NOT allow any room for argument because of the total lack of faith they have in themselves, and their inability to determine shades of grey.

They are unable to argue coherently, so they must default back to the same tired talking points again and again, and he occasional "Shove it!"

See, a rational mind roots for his team all the time—like we both do. But where I differ from you, thankfully, is I can see flaws in the system. It doesn’t limit my enjoyment of victories.

And, because this is a discussion board, I think it’s fun discussing strengths and weaknesses. While I cheerfully admit I’ve been wrong many times in the past, I believe some of my early thoughts have shown to be true. Zorn looks like the “next great NFL” coach, Evans is better against the run than Taylor, the Redskins are a very good team when healthy, and Vinny Cerrato has a gift for selecting low rounders, but apparently remains quit deficient in the high rounds.

Now that they have electricity in Va beach, hope to hear from you some more.

Posted by: Corkczar | September 29, 2008 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Quite impressive on the INT stat. Philly still makes me nervous with what they did to Big Ben of the Steelers...

Nonetheless, HAIL!

Posted by: hobbes9 | September 29, 2008 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Thats good info, Larry from Brooklyn

Posted by: joeblazin | September 29, 2008 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Nonetheless, HAIL!

Posted by: hobbes9 | September 29, 2008 5:36 PM | Report abuse

Bring on the Iggles

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 29, 2008 5:36 PM | Report abuse

Nonetheless, HAIL!

Posted by: hobbes9 | September 29, 2008 5:38 PM | Report abuse

For the record I am not Larry in brooklyn, but I am Chris larry in Brooklyn...weird...I would like to meet and watch games with Larry in Brooklyn though, sounds like a fun dude....

Posted by: chrislarry | September 29, 2008 5:48 PM | Report abuse

FYI - the game is being replayed tomorrow night at 9:30 on the NFL Network.

Posted by: Lisa_R | September 29, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Cork,
What a warm fuzzy feeling.
After the big win, stop an smell the roses.

Posted by: Stumped1 | September 29, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Good info Mr C. Larry from Brookland. oh that code name is too obvious. Lets go with Chris L.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 29, 2008 5:52 PM | Report abuse

CL, Thanks for answering the question before I asked.

Posted by: Markin21132 | September 29, 2008 6:01 PM | Report abuse

alex, diff larry in BK...

Posted by: chrislarry | September 29, 2008 6:13 PM | Report abuse

+++Cork,
What a warm fuzzy feeling.
After the big win, stop an smell the roses.

Posted by: Stumped1 | September 29, 2008 5:49++++

I did. I have. I still am. But when attacked, I respond. It's the Irish in me.

HTTR

Posted by: Corkczar | September 29, 2008 6:13 PM | Report abuse

CL, Thanks for answering the question before I asked.

Posted by: Markin21132 | September 29, 2008 6:13 PM | Report abuse

just to touch on the Gibbs discussion from the last thread..

I'd have loved to see Snyder give Cabanna Boy the boot and pay Gibbs $6-8 million/yr to stay on in the front office a la Parcells in Miami. Sadly, we all know that Vinny's got major blackmail material on Danny and/or his wife and will never fire the guy. I'd say while certain aspects of the game did seem to have passed Gibbs by, he still knows personnel and is an excellent executive...maybe soeday he'l return in that capacity but I don't know, dude's pushing 70. Last year must've just drained him, and understandably so.

We do owe him a lot of gratitude, not just for the 3 Super Bowls but indeed being the architect of what looks to be a solid young group of "core Redskins" - JC, Landry, Carlos, Rocky, Cooley - plus a few vets like CP, Santana, London that hold this team together. Well done, Coach. I know we're particularly giddy and optimisitc after yesterday but the present and immediate future really do look rather bright.

Over/under on weeks before a full T.O. core meltdown? If the Bengals could somehow beat them, it'll be next week. More realistically I say it's the following week in Arizona.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 29, 2008 6:13 PM | Report abuse

just to touch on the Gibbs discussion from the last thread..

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 29, 2008 6:23 PM | Report abuse

I don't see Gibbs ever being a GM type.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 29, 2008 6:26 PM | Report abuse

So the stock market dropped more today than after 9-11. any ideas anyone? I have some but it mostly involves throwing people in the potomac via catapult.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 29, 2008 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 29, 2008 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Can anybody find a picture of Santana with his helmet off flashing the "2-1" after his big catch. I've been looking online and haven't had any luck. That one is definitely a keeper.

Posted by: gduboff | September 29, 2008 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 29, 2008 6:44 PM | Report abuse

tend to agree, alex. i think he would be much better than Vinny though, but that's not really saying much...

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 29, 2008 6:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: gduboff | September 29, 2008 6:44 PM | Report abuse

Gibbs wouldn't have been GM. He's a NASCAR guy now and has been for many many moons. Rmemeber those Interstate BAttery Commercials....

Have you heard of Joe Gibbs Racing?? Tony Stewart? Hamlin? Bush?

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 29, 2008 6:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: gduboff | September 29, 2008 6:44 PM | Report abuse

Gibbs is done with football. Time to look forward. I'll freely admit to applauding the Zorn as OC hire, but being completely baffled and critical of the Zorn as HC hire. He is quickly winning me over. Obviously, the wins are one thing, but I love the enthusiasm on the sidelines.

I haven't been to a 'Skins game this year...for those who have, does Zorn still warm up throwing the ball around pre-game? Like I've said before, it was always my favorite thing to watch at the Seahawks pre-games. Once a QB, always a QB...the guy could still throw.

Would love to know what the leadership dynamics are between Zorn and Blache. Similar to St. Joe and Richie Petitbon? Zorn seems like someone who listens more than he talks, which generally translates into a leader who subjugates his ego for the greater good (which, needless to say, generally translates into success).

Posted by: PDiddy | September 29, 2008 6:45 PM | Report abuse

Finally! I knew I wasn't the only one to make the connection......

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 29, 2008 6:51 PM | Report abuse

yea, I know 4thfloor. my point was that while i'd love to see him involved with the team at some level, i think he's really done with football now. maybe a consultant, wouldn't be too surprised but i agree that he likely wouldn't be inclined to reassume the role of President. We need to get Bobby Beatherd out of retirement. What's he up to these days?

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 29, 2008 6:53 PM | Report abuse

In the Saints game, the Skins kept it close by giving up about 17 points on special teams (Bush TD, ARE fumble, botched hold by Brooks, poor punting)

In AZ, a long TD pass was called back that would have put us up 14 in the 4th.

In dallas, we had a TD called back twice (the same possession) which cost of 4 points.

In each of the last 3 games, we've had points that we have given away. What it says to me, this team is stronger than the scores appear.

Just to repeat:
AZ, dal, nyg, NO vs the Skins
1-3

AZ, dal, nyg, NO vs all the other teams they've played so far
10-2

Skins have played a very tough opening schedule -- perhaps even tougher than most expected, and been very successful. What happened in ny was an anomaly. What has happened since is the new bar for expectations.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 29, 2008 7:09 PM | Report abuse

I did. I have. I still am. But when attacked, I respond. It's the Irish in me.

HTTR

Posted by: Corkczar | September 29, 2008 6:13 PM

No wonder you and I don't get along. I'm Scottish.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 29, 2008 7:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Corkczar | September 29, 2008 5:33 PM

OR Fan is just short for Fanatic, and some folks take that literally, could have sufficed...

Jeremy Grey: Not nearly as much as I do with the attire that you have on, or just your general point of view towards everybody. But let's go kill some birds. I'm psyched.

Posted by: Club320 | September 29, 2008 7:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Corkczar | September 29, 2008 5:33 PM

Posted by: Club320 | September 29, 2008 7:22 PM | Report abuse

Hey zz, what it also says is that we need to temper the mistakes and we will be unstoppable. Love this team. I find myself, for the first time in a long time, wondering how we are going to win in the 4th instead of how are we going to lose in the 4th.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 29, 2008 7:22 PM | Report abuse

Wow, Cork SCamp.
That explains so much.
Drink, fight, make-up, drink, fight, make-up....repeat.

Posted by: Stumped1 | September 29, 2008 7:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 29, 2008 7:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: oem987 | September 29, 2008 7:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: oem987 | September 29, 2008 7:29 PM | Report abuse

"They're decimating the grub worm population Jeremy!! Do you have a f--king problem with that??!!"

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 29, 2008 7:29 PM | Report abuse

Was watching Out of Bounds on CN8 this evening, and no mention of the game, and no D.C. homer to give opinions....has D.C. been banned or something?

Posted by: Trebird | September 29, 2008 7:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: oem987 | September 29, 2008 7:33 PM | Report abuse

Wow, Cork SCamp.
That explains so much.
Drink, fight, make-up, drink, fight, make-up....repeat.

Posted by: Stumped1 | September 29, 2008 7:33 PM | Report abuse

Hail to the Redskins!

It was a good game played by all.

Yes, there was room for improvement, but it's only 4 games in. We will get better as the year goes on.

Now, let'snot have a let down against the Eagles. This is our chance to put them away with 3 losses in 5 games, and begin their downward spiral!

Posted by: Sports_Guru | September 29, 2008 7:36 PM | Report abuse

scamp, you're right, that would explain some things. I'm Scottish, too.

Posted by: freakzilla | September 29, 2008 7:36 PM | Report abuse

@Notorious_LMG

Your shot at Vinny just drives me crazy. What has he done to you? It's one thing to be ticked off at Snyder over the way he has handled pricing and other business aspects or whatever, but as even JaLaC the supreme hater pointed out, Cerrato hasn't been the "One Guy responsible", but now he is, so let's judge him on what the team is doing now. Early returns are pretty good, Gibbs didn't handle this years free agency or draft, and Gibbs didn't hire Zorn.

I think Gibbs taught Snyder and Cerrato a lot, how to lead and what type of people to look for (players and executives/personnell guys), let's hope they both learned the lesson WELL, and not just short term.

And no, I'm not Cerrato or Snyder in desguise, or "on the payroll" or any other a$$wipe comment that so many want to make when defends the Skins' FO, I'm just realistic.

Posted by: craig2 | September 29, 2008 7:43 PM | Report abuse

stuff it oem987, this is skins football blog after a huge beat down of cowpukes.....put the screen cast software away....

Posted by: chrislarry | September 29, 2008 7:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 29, 2008 6:53 PM

Notorious,

Gibbs is all about nascar, and please live in the present, Vinny seems to be doing fine, he hired the coach and made some great picks this year. Remeber this is the first and only year he has had full control of the FO's.

Posted by: Flounder21 | September 29, 2008 7:50 PM | Report abuse

NFL SUSPENDS ERIC SMITH FOR BOLDIN HIT
Posted by Mike Florio on September 29, 2008, 7:18 p.m. EDT
Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that the NFL has suspended Jets defensive back Eric Smith for one game, and also has imposed on him a $50,000 fine, for the hit that knocked out Cardinals receiver Anquan Boldin on Sunday.

The league determined that Smith launched himself into Boldin, and struck Boldin in the helmet, with Smith’s helmet.

At a base salary of $445,000, the suspension will cost Smith $26,176, making the total price tag $76,176. That’s roughly the equivalent of three game checks for Smith.

Boldin looked to be seriously injured immediately after the hit. But he is expected to be OK.

Posted by: Flounder21 | September 29, 2008 7:59 PM | Report abuse

oem987,
Did you see the viral email about the 85B Bailout that could be divided into $425,000 per person in the US?

Posted by: Stumped1 | September 29, 2008 8:07 PM | Report abuse

Heard any good jokes lately?

Posted by: SMACK1 | September 29, 2008 8:07 PM | Report abuse

Heard any good jokes lately?

Posted by: SMACK1 | September 29, 2008 8:14 PM | Report abuse

oem987,

Posted by: Stumped1 | September 29, 2008 8:14 PM | Report abuse

JLC you tubby dork you still suck ,but your blog is dope respect!

Hail to the Redskins!

F the Cowboys!

o my god have you ever heard sooo many excuses every puke fan i talked to cried about the playcalling and the refs

them b_ches need to recognize that the Skins are just a better TEAM then they are!

Posted by: jonthefisherman | September 29, 2008 8:14 PM | Report abuse

oem987,
The trouble with that viral stuff is, well, the maths. $425 is the right answer. Off by a factor of 1,000.

I'm sure that superbly produce vid has no such problem.

Posted by: Stumped1 | September 29, 2008 8:18 PM | Report abuse

That was one of the worst hits I've ever seen on Boldin. Was in a sports bar at the time and everyone who saw it just gasped. Glad he will be OK.

Onto our game, sort of reminded me of a mirror image of last year's game down there. We went up two scores in the 4th, they got one back. Last year it was the other way around. Instead of throwing a TD pass when our guy got hurt last year, romo threw a pick. Even the scores were pretty similar.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 29, 2008 8:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Corkczar | September 29, 2008 5:33 PM
------------------------------------------

Jesus. Lighten up already.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | September 29, 2008 8:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Corkczar | September 29, 2008 5:33 PM
------------------------------------------

Jesus. Lighten up already.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | September 29, 2008 8:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 29, 2008 8:22 PM | Report abuse

oem987,

I'm sure that superbly produce vid has no such problem.

Posted by: Stumped1 | September 29, 2008 8:22 PM | Report abuse

Smack,
Welcome back. Who needs a joke to feel happy?
We're all happy (cept maybe Cork).

Posted by: Stumped1 | September 29, 2008 8:28 PM | Report abuse

But when attacked, I respond. It's the Irish in me.

Posted by: Corkczar | September 29, 2008 6:13 PM

Don't blame the Irish, Cork. I know Irishmen, and you are no Irishman. You're a misanthrope, pure and simple and being of Irish descent has nothing to do with it.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 29, 2008 8:33 PM | Report abuse

Just thought you'd all like to know. Listening to sports radio in PA (near Philly) and the Iggles fans are all convinced they are going to win the next two games. They are crucifying Reid, but still sure that they will go into their bye week 4-2. I really want the 'Skins to win this one. Really Really. HTTR.

Posted by: PASkinsFan1 | September 29, 2008 8:34 PM | Report abuse

and TE knows misanthropes.....

Posted by: chrislarry | September 29, 2008 8:43 PM | Report abuse

Blogging procdure

1. hit submit button

2. wait 25 minutes

3. return to find multiple posts of your entry

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 29, 2008 8:47 PM | Report abuse

Hey cL did you lose weight? Your fingers must have shrunk, no more mixed up capitalizations.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 29, 2008 8:48 PM | Report abuse

I wish...worst part of Reg is no more mixed cap signatures.....

and maybe more mellowed by wins so no mor ray charles impersonations on the keyboard...

Posted by: chrislarry | September 29, 2008 8:50 PM | Report abuse

lol

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 29, 2008 8:52 PM | Report abuse

cindy...if your out there....congrats on the Chiefs win!

Posted by: chrislarry | September 29, 2008 8:54 PM | Report abuse

Well at least Vegas isn't ready to "crown" the Skins. Installed as an early touchdown dog against Iggles...

Posted by: Club320 | September 29, 2008 8:58 PM | Report abuse

I think the Steelers win big tonight...

Posted by: chrislarry | September 29, 2008 8:58 PM | Report abuse

club, really...? I figured it would be in the 3.5-5 range....

Posted by: chrislarry | September 29, 2008 9:01 PM | Report abuse

Me too. But right now its 6. I think the money will move it closer to that 5-4.5 range...

Posted by: Club320 | September 29, 2008 9:04 PM | Report abuse

Well, Cowpies were favored by 11, lost by two, that means we win by a TD or so..

Posted by: daggar | September 29, 2008 9:11 PM | Report abuse

That's good, we play better as underdogs.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 29, 2008 9:13 PM | Report abuse

Wow, I see Loseable Type is offering same-day postings

Posted by: daggar | September 29, 2008 9:17 PM | Report abuse

and TE knows misanthropes.....

Posted by: chrislarry | September 29, 2008 8:43 PM

I've met a lot of them up here.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 29, 2008 9:25 PM | Report abuse

there is a reason it's called "loseable type", cuz what you type get's lost for a while, then magically appears ten minutes later, so they can claim how great their software is, "See we found it!"

Posted by: craig2 | September 29, 2008 9:26 PM | Report abuse

es muy bueno sabor, senor..porqito spanish castle magico for the sofrito..the perros locos sing..

Posted by: frak | September 29, 2008 9:46 PM | Report abuse

Is this thing on?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 29, 2008 9:53 PM | Report abuse

Hey my post posted in less than 47 minutes! Sweet!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 29, 2008 9:55 PM | Report abuse

hello?

Posted by: chrislarry | September 29, 2008 10:26 PM | Report abuse

Guess over the past 5 years this idiot forgot how big a failure he was at the pro level. He is one of the last people who should be giving any advice on how to run an offense.

Steve Spurrier failed as an NFL coach, but it didn't stop him from offering advice to the Titans on the best way to use Vince Young. Courtesy of The Tennessean:

Spurrier wondered why the Titans haven't implemented some of that spread option with Vince Young.

"I've sorta always thought the Titans ought to let Vince Young run that offense,'' Spurrier said. "That's what he did in college. They say he's going to get hit too much and knocked out of the game, but that's what he does best, is run and throw, and not be a drop-back passer.''

Posted by: OttoMann | September 29, 2008 10:34 PM | Report abuse

Every time the Wapo puts this registration thing on here, this blog sucks. Must have an IT dept filled by incompetents.

Posted by: OttoMann | September 29, 2008 10:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: OttoMann | September 29, 2008 10:43 PM | Report abuse

flaco looks impressive...

Posted by: chrislarry | September 29, 2008 10:56 PM | Report abuse

did you like how i just cursed b'more?

Posted by: chrislarry | September 29, 2008 11:13 PM | Report abuse

Beat those damn birds...

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 29, 2008 11:13 PM | Report abuse

Beat those damn birds...

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 29, 2008 11:14 PM | Report abuse

did you like how i just cursed b'more?

Posted by: chrislarry | September 29, 2008 11:14 PM | Report abuse

Beat those damn birds...

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 29, 2008 11:15 PM | Report abuse

Iggles week. I'm back. I think.

I'm a Zornamaniac.

Posted by: Dorf | September 29, 2008 11:33 PM | Report abuse

anyone know where i can watch the skins game from yesterday? in its entirety? i guess i'll take just the game. mrs. dealer deleted my recording. that stupid password thing didn't work.

Posted by: dealer1 | September 29, 2008 11:49 PM | Report abuse

diddy, shut up and go away!!! you only won cuz of stupid favreh! ugh!!!!

4th, THAT IS HILLARIOUS!!! i had no idea. and zorn must have known that right? when i saw that i was like "WTF is he doing?! i didn't know weather to laugh or be concerned..."

Posted by: dealer1 | September 30, 2008 12:02 AM | Report abuse

so like i was saying that if you have chrome you can do like 10 posts simultaneously...and this stupid game won't end!!!

Posted by: dealer1 | September 30, 2008 12:09 AM | Report abuse

diddy, i'm in the market for a mac pro...do you have any lying around?

Posted by: dealer1 | September 30, 2008 12:11 AM | Report abuse

right next to his Cray.

Posted by: daggar | September 30, 2008 12:14 AM | Report abuse

LMGO!!!!!!!!! you have to see the play by ben and moore...

Posted by: dealer1 | September 30, 2008 12:17 AM | Report abuse

I would like to report abuse (being that it is a new feature to RI 2.1).

Jason Campbell is abusing NFL defenses.

Awesome.

Posted by: Dorf | September 30, 2008 12:18 AM | Report abuse

Ok, now that I've got a couple of weeks of this fantasy shabingus under my belt [in the first and decidedly superior league]... this is "rediculous"! All my good players were on bye week this week, so I'm filling in with all of the justaguys on my bench.
Except I put up about 40 points more than I ever have before, and apparently beat someone who managed to put up ~124 points -- 20 more than anyone else in the league. I mean, WTF? I feel like the secretary who wins the NCAA office pool by voting for the "ones with the purple shirts, 'cause purple's my favorite color".

Posted by: daggar | September 30, 2008 12:34 AM | Report abuse

We get the Steelers on MNF in five weeks... not to be looking ahead or nothin', but after this Sunday (very dangerous game) all the remaining games on the Skins' schedule that looked like question marks as recently as Sunday morning now don't seem like question marks... ride the wave, baby!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 30, 2008 12:38 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: daggar | September 30, 2008 12:39 AM | Report abuse

lol@daggar! so i can't watch the game again? ever? :(

Posted by: dealer1 | September 30, 2008 12:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 30, 2008 12:42 AM | Report abuse

Mistakes were made.

Someone at the Post, said: I wish Brooks could get a little more hang time for the Snyder's Redskins.

A guy named Shnooks from IT was listening in and thought they said: "I wish Shnooks could add a little hang time on Redskins Insider.

So here we are.

Posted by: Stumped1 | September 30, 2008 12:52 AM | Report abuse

I'm sure there's a bittorrent around somewhere, but that's not my particular area of expertise.
Lisa had posted that NFLN will be replaying the game tomorrow.

Get ready for a quadruple-post. @#$%@#$%able type!

Posted by: daggar | September 30, 2008 12:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stumped1 | September 30, 2008 1:33 AM | Report abuse

So, the real deal is this.

Whether we win or lose to Philadelphia, how insane will our next home game be against a NFC East team?

Which will be Dallas on 16 November.

Posted by: Stumped1 | September 30, 2008 2:04 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stumped1 | September 30, 2008 12:52 AM

Sumped -- What a great laugh to start the day! If only it were that easy. With WaPo's IT department, if Shnooks had set out to increase the hang time, he would have decreased it so much that our posts would appear 15 minutes before we typed them.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 30, 2008 6:11 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: daggar | September 30, 2008 12:34 AM

Good one, daggar. This is how SMACK is leading the pack in Kost's Tipping competition. From now on, I'm just picking the Maroom and Blacks.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 30, 2008 6:19 AM | Report abuse

This 10 minute posting time sucks Cindy light a fire under someone's a$$ over there and get this fixed, or if you've got 100,000 a year, I will come work for the post and show your IT people how to do there job.

Posted by: Flounder21 | September 30, 2008 6:29 AM | Report abuse

Wow...Just Wow......

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 30, 2008 8:20 AM | Report abuse

Wow...Just Wow......

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 30, 2008 8:22 AM | Report abuse

Man this place is deader then the cowboys run game.

Posted by: Stu27 | September 30, 2008 8:22 AM | Report abuse

Costly win for the Steelers last night, Mendenhall, and one of their guards went down the the year. OUCH.

I think more than the Cowboys, the Eagles with their blitz packages will provide a bigger test for this team. They're going to give JCamp a much different look than what he's seen so far this year.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | September 30, 2008 8:27 AM | Report abuse

good morning...i've reported your loseable type complaints to the suits....and beep beep y'all.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | September 30, 2008 8:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg | September 30, 2008 8:27 AM

Mendenhall wasn't much of a loss. He's done nothing this year. He's as big a bust as our second rounders have been so far this year. "My foot hurts. I can't run. I don't know the offense." Man, it's starting to get old.

The blitzes will be tough, but I'm counting on Zorn to put Jason in a position to beat the blitz. Live by the blitz, die by the blitz. Jason's going to see something new, but so are the Eagles.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 30, 2008 8:39 AM | Report abuse