Fletcher, McNabb named captains

Inside linebacker London Fletcher was again selected as a team captain on defense, quarterback Donovan McNabb received the honor on offense and Lorenzo Alexander on special teams, but Alexander only for the season opener against the Dallas Cowboys, Coach Mike Shanahan said Thursday after practice at Redskins Park.

At the bye week, the Redskins will vote for an additional offensive and defensive captain, Shanahan said. "Those four guys will be the captains for the rest of the year."

Players elect the special team's captain for the first week. For the first eight games, the special teams player of the week will serve as the captain for the following game. The team votes again at the midway point for a special team's captain who will hold the position for the remainder of the season.

"So we'll wind up with five captains at the midway point," Shanahan said. "We start out with two and a special team's player of the week. I've done it different ways. That's been the most effective for me. There's a lot of times guys will step up and show their teammates in the first eight games that they deserve to be captains.

"It's something to work for. And then special teams, it's kind of the same way. You get the player of the week. He gets to be captain that week. And at the midway point, we vote for somebody that's captain for the rest of the season. And the different ways that I've done it, I think that's the one that's been the most effective for me."

Carter sits out practice

Outside linebacker Andre Carter sat out practice because of an illness.

"He was sick. Some little virus," Shanahan said. "He should be ready to go tomorrow. He just didn't feel very good; upset stomach. He got up early in the morning and we just kept him out."

Rookie linebacker Perry Riley (foot) is improving, Shanahan said. "He didn't practice but he got a lot of work done."

By Jason Reid  |  September 9, 2010; 4:20 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Phillip Buchanon or Brandon Banks: who will return punts?

Add Redskins Insider to Your Site
Be the first to know when there's a new installment of Redskins Insider! This widget is easy to add to your Web site, and it will update every time there's a new entry.
Get This Widget >>

Comments

I know there is a lot of hate for Eagles fans up in here (and rightly so) but I still have to say one thing about Eagles fans -- this sort of thing just does not happen in Philly because they are outright hostile to any foreign fans in their stadium. It was even worse back in the days of the Vet. That display recently at FedEx when the Steelers fans turned it into a Steelers home game was pretty heart-rending. That should never ever happen again in D.C.

Posted by: manlius1 | September 9, 2010 4:14 PM

That 'Vistors can't go to Iggles Game' is now urban legend. It's not the same like the Vet. And other teams fans DO COME.....

(In my PAul McGuire Voice)

WATCH THIS!

@RedDMV - If we are still around next summer, I'll send you details of the trips down there I know about....expect to spend a $Grand on travel/Hotel/tix....2 night stay and lots of partying with Redskin fans.....Some of my peeps going down there this year...

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 9, 2010 4:35 PM | Report abuse

AC better be healthy come Sunday night. Puke and rally, AC!

Posted by: oh_boy1 | September 9, 2010 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Obvious choices

Posted by: iH8dallas | September 9, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

I feel dissed.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

I voted for Palin too...she's smokin!

Posted by: PlayAction | September 9, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Yes, Sarah Palin and her trailer trash and followers must be smokin that hydroponic weed...

Posted by: BarackObama | September 9, 2010 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Whatever my paycheck is the same.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Anyone who thinks Banks should play is in fantasy land

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 9, 2010 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Bill Simmons view on the Cowboys is great and correct:

"The Cowboys remind me of the Kardashians in that their strongest talent is a relentless ability to remain relevant. Much like the Kardashians successfully created the illusion that they should be famous, the Cowboys successfully created the illusion that they should be a Super Bowl contender. And they didn't even have to leak a sex tape to do it. You know what Dallas' record has been since 2000? 82-78. You know how many playoff games it has won over that stretch? One. That's right … one more playoff win than Buffalo and Detroit.

As with the Kardashians, it's all about the packaging. We consider Tony Romo an elite QB because he dates celebrities and puts up big fantasy numbers; so what if he freezes in big games? We consider Jerry Jones an elite owner because he splurged on a magnificent stadium and matched wits with Ari Gold; so what if he never built a Super Bowl team without Jimmy Johnson? Dez Bryant has been reinvented as the steal of the 2010 draft based on a bunch of preseason practices that nobody saw; so what if half the league passed on him because teams thought he was a head case? Most fans consider the Dallas offense as "elite" because it has a few high fantasy picks; so what if they don't have a single elite offensive lineman? Every Cowboys Super Bowl pick includes the caveat, "They're returning 20 of 22 starters from last year"; so what if it means they're returning 20 of the 22 starters the Vikings trounced in January by 31 points?

Even the Kardashians thing makes more sense to me. They learned all their tricks from Paris Hilton; there are three of them; they have a catchy name; they don't say anything controversial or incriminating; they only date celebrities, athletes and reality-TV-ready degenerates; and Kim (their fearless leader) is the perfect goddess for her time: a multi-new-media icon (Internet, reality TV and Us Weekly) with a definite hook (her butt), a tawdry past (her sex tape) that wasn't really all that tawdry (the camerawork was bad, and you could barely see anything) and no discernible talent whatsoever (which doesn't matter, because you don't need talent to be famous in 2010). That smoke-and-mirrors routine should work in pop culture. In football? No. And yet, somehow, the Dallas Cowboys have the fourth-best odds to win this year's Super Bowl (8-1). I give up."

Posted by: sgm3 | September 9, 2010 12:47 PM

Nice find sgm3. Simmons is sooo right.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 9, 2010 4:42 PM | Report abuse

I just found this cool new online tool called "Google"!

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Re-post:

pabrian2003,

I agree! Why would anyone want a guy who returned his first live-action NFL punt for a 77-yard TD, broke 2 more for 20+ yard returns, and returned a broken kickoff blocking assignment into a 40 yard return? Who would ever want that guy to touch the ball?

On another note, we should definitely rely on a guy that took 10 days to pass a conditioning test, hasn't learned the playbook are schematic assignments, and got stoned for 4 straight quarters against Arizona's 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers.

That's a recipe for success.

Posted by: psps23 | September 9, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Anyone who voted for Palin who quit halfway through her governership is an idiot.

A quitter who bailed out on her constituency. I can't think if a better disqualification for any elected post than quitting in the middle.

Anyone who follows a quitter is a complete idiot

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 9, 2010 4:45 PM | Report abuse

It says I am the "the most dominant defensive tackle in the league"!!!

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 4:46 PM | Report abuse

What? Is anyone unhappy with the way I've played?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 4:53 PM | Report abuse

I'm so lonely on the bench.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | September 9, 2010 4:44 PM

C'mon son. He did not get "stoned for 4 straight quarters." He had 4 tackles - a pretty good number for a dlineman in a game - and Robert Henson benefited tremendously from his presence. Go back and watch the game. Albert's effort started to wane after half-time. Albert provides enough fodder for critics without people making sjk up about him.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | September 9, 2010 4:57 PM | Report abuse

pabrian2003,

That's a recipe for success.

Posted by: psps23 | September 9, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

I know right! I really miss ARE.

Banks may or may not take it to the house, but I knew what I was getting with ARE...A little side step dance for no gain, or a fair catch.

Who needs special teams TD's anyway?

Posted by: iH8dallas | September 9, 2010 4:59 PM | Report abuse

Greatest endorsement of Palin ever = PeaBrain2003 doesn't like her.

Loves him some Haynesworth though.

Posted by: MColeman51 | September 9, 2010 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Snap! Got my iPod back from coach. Time to chill on the ride home.

Need to drive carefully, don't want to be a dumbass like Tom Brady.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:02 PM | Report abuse

K yall I have a prognostication for the game that is as-so-far-as-Ive-seen unmentioned, fairly likely, and best of all it ends in a redskins win.

Skins offense vs. Dallas defense:
The only thing going in our favor is the element of surprise which is made effective with inventive play calling. This seems obvious; Wade Phillips has been quoted as saying the skins are an "unknown." Our oline struggles all night to open holes for portis but it starts to happen eventually (3rd and 4th qtrs) and portis rushes for 85 yds on 20 carries. We complete several passes to wide receivers on our first drive with 2 TE sets being a distraction for Dallas' D in the passing game...santana has a big night with nearly 100 receiving. Cooley 3 rec.'s for 35 yds, davis the same. Skins absorb four sacks. Mcnabb throw one pick deep.

Washington D vs Dallas Offense:
Skins defense get two picks and a fumble recovery and they score 14 pts off of turnovers (by either a pick-6's, or just setting up the offense to score). Skins D harasses Romo all night getting two or three sacks and Romo rushes for 40 yards; Im guessing that on one play Fletcher or Rocky will take Romo's head off. Skins give-up two scores off of big plays and dez bryant gets only two catches for minimal yardage.

Additional:

This skins play their asses off and this one comes down to the wire. Skins have good spec teams play. Barber rushes for 120 yds including a touchdown and rips a 40-50 yds track race down to the skins 30 yd line or so. It is likely Trent williams does well against d ware and company and is considered for team ball/player of the game even though the oline has clearly has yet to gel.

final score:
Redskins 17
Dallas 13

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | September 9, 2010 5:04 PM | Report abuse

final score:
Redskins 17
Dallas 13

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | September 9, 2010 5:04 PM

Sounds like a great game and nerve wracking 3.5 hours. I'll take it!

Posted by: MColeman51 | September 9, 2010 5:09 PM | Report abuse

===============================

What about the fumbles?

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 9, 2010 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Sorry Barack, while I would love to deposit a load or 2 on Sarah's chest she didn't get my vote either.

I had to write in my vote, for a candidate that actually makes sense.

But that's neither here nor there, what's wrong with smoking hydroponic weed?

As for the game:

Skins / Cowgirls

42 - 0

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 5:11 PM | Report abuse

That was fast, just the way I like it.

Back home and ready to chat!

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Link to a good article on assessing McNabb's career in Philly, and what the future holds for him...

Posted by: Samson151 | September 9, 2010 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Regarding Banks, I could see giving him one or two chances to return a punt if a situation arose where Dallas was punting from inside its own 20 yard line. Otherwise, I think the risk of Banks putting the ball on the turf and that turning directly into Dallas points is too great. Give him a chance to get his feet wet before you put him out there as a return guy on every punt.

Posted by: manlius1 | September 9, 2010 5:25 PM | Report abuse

I must say that Fletcher is a dick head and McNabb was gimpy in practice today. I like our chances this weekend.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:25 PM | Report abuse

Somebody was complaining that football had lost a lot by becoming entertainment rather than sport, and there's probably no better illustration than Brett Favre. Riggins was just on Dan Patrick noting how much power he derived from the fact that TV ratings shot up whenever he was on the field. In that sense, Riggo maintained, he really had become bigger than the team he was playing for. Everyone agreed that wasn't good because it encouraged the sort of selfishness that cost games. Specifically, Riggins mentioned that loss in the playoffs, when Brett's desire to win the game himself rather than turning it over to the kicker led directly to that fatal INT. Riggins compared it to Namath, who had something of the same aura.

Posted by: Samson151 | September 9, 2010 5:26 PM | Report abuse

Hey Fat Al, do you need to have a customized toilet in your house for your over-sized fat behind?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Look, we keep thinking that we don't have receivers in our passing game but we really do. We have portis out of the backfield, we got two TE's that will reliably get open vs. linebackers, we got moss, and whether we like them or not we got galloway as a possession receiver and thomas who has athleticism to take seriously. The lesser WR's just have to occupy a cb on many plays, it is just our oline's responsibility to step up for our offense to become effective.

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | September 9, 2010 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:30 PM | Report abuse

I had to write in my vote, for a candidate that actually makes sense.

But that's neither here nor there, what's wrong with smoking hydroponic weed?

As for the game:

Skins / Cowgirls

42 - 0

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 5:11 PM | Report abuse
That was funny... dumpin some loads on Palin's glasses... i head Levi did too.... trailer trash...haha

Posted by: BarackObama | September 9, 2010 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:34 PM

I think that was your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:34 PM

I think that was your post.
Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:35 PM

No it was my post that you responded to your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:34 PM

I think that was your post.
Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:35 PM

No it was my post that you responded to your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:37 PM

Well why did you respond to my post?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:34 PM

I think that was your post.
Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:35 PM

No it was my post that you responded to your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:37 PM

Well why did you respond to my post?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:39 PM

I'm the one posting.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Some have asked why Jason Reid and a few other Post staffers have seemed intent on focusing on the negative and/or trying to "stir up" something in their interviews with certain players, particularly #92. One of the realities is that Shanahan and Allen have begun to systematically rid the team of the "inside sources" that have spouted off to the press corps incessantly over the years.

These sources have been on the roster, in the executive suite (Bolno), and on the payroll of the Post. Many of them are being shown the door, but some remain. It's no secret - at least to most - that Reid's primary sources are now Hall, Carter, and Alexander. The other cohorts of the "Insider" scribes - Rock, Campbell, Jansen, etc - have been sent walking. Reid has tried like he11 to get to Chris Horton, but he's not talking.

Keep trying, mayor.

Posted by: Carl739 | September 9, 2010 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:34 PM

I think that was your post.
Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:35 PM

No it was my post that you responded to your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:37 PM

Well why did you respond to my post?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:39 PM

I'm the one posting.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:40 PM

You're the one responding.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:34 PM

I think that was your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:35 PM

No it was my post that you responded to your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:37 PM

Well why did you respond to my post?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:39 PM

I'm the one posting.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:40 PM

You're the one responding.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:42 PM

I'm the one posting your response.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Samson151 *******************

This article is spot-on about the weirdness that is McNabb hate in Philly. A must-read for anyone trying to understand the crazy view some Eagles fans have of DM5. I live in the Philly area and this captures it exactly.

Posted by: manlius1 | September 9, 2010 5:44 PM | Report abuse

Psps you're soo right cause Banks only had 3 fumbles in pre season, fumbles don't matter when youre a 150 lb undrafted rookie, what wa I thinking?

And haynesworth being considered one of the best defensive players in the league bad on his perormance... In the league is meAningless.

But hey you're sooo right

Yay touchdown! What's a fumble?

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 9, 2010 5:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:34 PM

I think that was your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:35 PM

No it was my post that you responded to your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:37 PM

Well why did you respond to my post?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:39 PM

I'm the one posting.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:40 PM

You're the one responding.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:42 PM

I'm the one posting your response.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:43 PM

So did you respond to my post?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:34 PM

I think that was your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:35 PM

No it was my post that you responded to your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:37 PM

Well why did you respond to my post?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:39 PM

I'm the one posting.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:40 PM

You're the one responding.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:42 PM

I'm the one posting your response.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:43 PM

So did you respond to my post?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:45 PM

I posted my response.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:34 PM

I think that was your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:35 PM

No it was my post that you responded to your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:37 PM

Well why did you respond to my post?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:39 PM

I'm the one posting.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:40 PM

You're the one responding.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:42 PM

I'm the one posting your response.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:43 PM

So did you respond to my post?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:45 PM

I posted my response.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:47 PM

I responded to your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:34 PM

I think that was your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:35 PM

No it was my post that you responded to your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:37 PM

Well why did you respond to my post?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:39 PM

I'm the one posting.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:40 PM

You're the one responding.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:42 PM

I'm the one posting your response.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:43 PM

So did you respond to my post?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:45 PM

I posted my response.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:47 PM

I responded to your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:48 PM

My response is your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:50 PM | Report abuse

Peter King predicts 31-23, 'girls, and writes:

8:20 p.m. ET (NBC) Dallas Cowboys at Washington Redskins

Is everyone as stunned as I am that this 'Skins hating, cowgirl loving bag of gas picked against Washington?

Posted by: skinsfan713 | September 9, 2010 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:34 PM

I think that was your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:35 PM

No it was my post that you responded to your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:37 PM

Well why did you respond to my post?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:39 PM

I'm the one posting.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:40 PM

You're the one responding.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:42 PM

I'm the one posting your response.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:43 PM

So did you respond to my post?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:45 PM

I posted my response.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:47 PM

I responded to your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:48 PM

My response is your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:50 PM

I responded to my response in your post.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 5:52 PM | Report abuse

Peter King predicts 31-23, 'girls

*************

I am going to be surprised if the game is this high-scoring. I am thinking neither team will put up more than 21 points, at best.

Posted by: manlius1 | September 9, 2010 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Everything Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth

The smart thing to do is ignore you as most everyone else seems to be, but you are now F-ing with my blog experience, and George is gettin' angry!

What can I do to convince you to stop taking dumps all over the blog?

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | September 9, 2010 5:59 PM | Report abuse

Peter King is actually fatter than Albert Haynesworth.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 6:02 PM | Report abuse

"Peter King predicts 31-23, 'girls Jim Haslett's guys get in six or eight great shots on Tony Romo, who takes a licking but keeps on throwing. As Cris Collinsworth will say in the middle of the third quarter: "Romo's getting hit more than Rocky Balboa! How's he staying upright?!'' That's why they pay him the big money, Cris."

How is it possible for the cowboys to score 31 points? If tony romo is cannon fodder for the defense...shouldn't the score be something like 9-23, skins? You don't think that the skins are gonna pick off passes if romo is getting beaten like like he owes us money? Peter King ate paint chips as an infant.

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | September 9, 2010 6:07 PM | Report abuse

I am thinking neither team will put up more than 21 points, at best.

Posted by: manlius1 | September 9, 2010 5:54 PM |

I predict a game with each side scoring in the 30s. Cooley and Armstrong will have a big game as will Whitten and Austin. Both DM and TR can fling that thang. And the scoring won't be any lower when that other Texas team comes to Fed Ex the following week.

Posted by: SnakerJake | September 9, 2010 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Peter King is actually fatter than Albert Haynesworth.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop

We should start calling him burger king.

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | September 9, 2010 6:10 PM | Report abuse

We should start calling him burger king.

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | September 9, 2010 6:10 PM

-------------------------

I approve of this moniker.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 9, 2010 6:14 PM | Report abuse

My agent says I should sideline the cocaine addiction until the offseason.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 6:15 PM | Report abuse

My agent says I should sideline the cocaine addiction until the offseason.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 6:15 PM |

I'd be more worried about the amnt of Dex you have been scarfing.

Posted by: SnakerJake | September 9, 2010 6:18 PM | Report abuse

My agent says I should sideline the cocaine addiction until the offseason.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 6:15 PM | Report abuse

My cocaine says I should sideline the agent addiction until the offseason.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 6:18 PM | Report abuse

My agent says I should sideline the cocaine addiction until the offseason.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 6:15 PM | Report abuse

My cocaine says I should sideline the agent addiction until the offseason.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 6:18 PM

My agent says I should sideline the offseason addiction until the cocaine.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 6:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 6:18 PM | Report abuse

A little birdy told me a IED is planted in your rolls, perhaps you should sniff that out.

Posted by: skinswillwin | September 9, 2010 6:24 PM | Report abuse

My agent says I should sideline the cocaine addiction until the offseason.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 6:15 PM | Report abuse

My cocaine says I should sideline the agent addiction until the offseason.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 6:18 PM

My agent says I should sideline the offseason addiction until the cocaine.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 6:21 PM

My addiction says I should sideline the cocaine agent until the offseason.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 6:24 PM | Report abuse

The next post will be about me.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 6:30 PM | Report abuse

Albert_Haynesworth = Poopy_McPoop's stunt turd

Posted by: SnakerJake | September 9, 2010 6:34 PM | Report abuse

Anyone else curious about how Mike Shanahan determines which methods for selecting captains is most effective.

Is it like coin flip success?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 9, 2010 6:42 PM | Report abuse

Keep trying, mayor.

Posted by: Carl739

Interesting theory. Do you have something to back your claim that Bolno was fired for that reason?

Posted by: NYPDee | September 9, 2010 6:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 |

I can think why not...

Because turnovers are momentum killers
Because the kid will be nervous as hell
Because Buchanon has actually played in the NFL
Because smart coaches don't trust unknown rookies.
Because a bad opening game may ruin him for the year
Because he fumbled twice in his most recent game.
Because Dallas might lift him up and yell "Make a wish."

Posted by: TheCork | September 9, 2010 6:49 PM | Report abuse

Sheesh! I almost fell for that one. Thanks to Albert_Haynesworth for pointing out that zcezcest1 is a troll.

Posted by: bleep-bleep | September 9, 2010 6:50 PM | Report abuse

Is it like coin flip success?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 9, 2010 6:42 PM | Report abuse

Not sure, but would think it's been determined through training camp and who steped up as a leader during that time.

Just watched a Sean Taylor tribute video on you-tube and man...It was upsetting not only as a skins fan, but 21 was a really good person and father...

Posted by: skinswillwin | September 9, 2010 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Who would ever want that guy to touch the ball?

your opponent, that's who

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 9, 2010 6:58 PM | Report abuse

Get all the Febreze, Lysol, and nose plugs you can find because it's going to absolutely foul on Deadskins Insider come Monday morning. The apologists will do their level best to make things better and kiss your aching boo-boos, bless their hearts, but the atmosphere will be rancid!

Q: Given the fact that it is a felony in most jurisdictions to commit violence on senior citizens, if Brooking or Ware de-cleats Joey Galloway on a crossing route, is either subject to imprisonment by the DC police department?

Peace, Y'all!

Hell...To The...Deadskins

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | September 9, 2010 2:44 PM

What are the odds of MrIrvin88 showing up on Monday?

Posted by: Skinz4Lyfe | September 9, 2010 6:59 PM | Report abuse

I've collected my pound of flesh, the rest of you can enjoy the evening. Practice tomorrow!

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 7:03 PM | Report abuse

Sorry Jake The Snake but my turds are much classier than Fat Al. My turds come out with PHDs from Harvard compared to Fat Al.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 7:11 PM | Report abuse

Adam Schefter predicts a win for the Redskins against Dallas.

Posted by: iH8dallas | September 9, 2010 7:11 PM | Report abuse

Adam Schefter predicts a win for the Redskins against Dallas.

Posted by: iH8dallas | September 9, 2010 7:11 PM |

Good for him. I can't read the article because I am unwilling to pay ESPN for anything they post on their website.

Posted by: SnakerJake | September 9, 2010 7:16 PM | Report abuse

I think I despise Albert_Haynesworth the poster more than Albert Haynesworth the person.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 9, 2010 7:21 PM | Report abuse

Of all the projected starters for Sunday, Andre Carter is the guy I'd be least disappointed about if he missed the game.

Dude is just a 4-3 player...even moreso than Fat Al.

Posted by: p1funk | September 9, 2010 7:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 9, 2010 7:21 PM |

Agree.

Posted by: SnakerJake | September 9, 2010 7:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 9, 2010 7:21 PM
------------------------------------------
It boils down to the philosophical question of who is the biggest moron - he who is the moron or he who immitates the moron. Me, I think it's a tossup. I wish we could trade them both for a two day old tuna sandwich and feed it to the dog.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | September 9, 2010 7:28 PM | Report abuse

PR duties...

Banks will be a situational PR. He'll take the returns outside of the 20's and PB will get the kicks inside. He's one fumble away from switching places with Austin.

I'm still surprised by MS's decision but speed shows up everyday and lets hope his decision doesn't backfire. There is nothing worse than the D getting the opposing O off the field only to give it right back.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 9, 2010 7:48 PM | Report abuse

saw that Brady was on a car accident. He was apparently unhurt, but the driver of the other vehicle was injured when a bunch of guys beat the beejeezus out of him for getting into an accident with Tom Brady.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 9, 2010 7:53 PM | Report abuse

"He didn't practice but he got a lot of work done."

That's the job I'm looking for.

Posted by: daggar | September 9, 2010 8:00 PM | Report abuse

We've been accustomed to so much mediocrity over the last 11 years with this team...I honestly don't know how to feel about Sunday's game...

We have a HOF coach, Borderline HOF QB and the best we've had in decades, a GM...

My heart says we pound the Cowboys simply because no one knows what we'll be...

BUT

I hope to God we don't see a game with the us scoring 6 or 9 points.

Posted by: rickyroge | September 9, 2010 8:00 PM | Report abuse

Where is that ham sandwich?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 8:01 PM | Report abuse

"Really" -- that's all you got Dan Snyder? Really?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 9, 2010 8:07 PM | Report abuse

saw that Brady was on a car accident.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 9, 2010 7:53 PM |

At this very moment Verizon is hard at work on a promotional video of Prof Brady dispensing important driving tips.

Posted by: SnakerJake | September 9, 2010 8:07 PM | Report abuse

Where is that ham sandwich?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 8:01 PM

Weren't you listening! I told you that Shanahan traded the sandwich because the Titans were offering more for the sandwich than they were for you! If you want a sandwich, then why don't you try to earn one.

Posted by: kaasmaster | September 9, 2010 8:11 PM | Report abuse

Looking forward to a day off, my buddy Malcolm has it figured out.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 8:14 PM | Report abuse

That about sums it up, ricky. It's pitiful how low our threshold for acceptability has become...just score more than 9 points.

Actually, I hope we pound them too and I think(?) we can. I do get the feeling that one of us will run away with it.

What the hell.

Skins 34, StarVag 17 (10 points in 4th quarter garbage time)

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 9, 2010 8:17 PM | Report abuse

Looking forward to a day off, my buddy Malcolm has it figured out.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 8:14 PM

Perhaps someone will get u blocked off this blog you f'n loser. Really, I mean you have no life what so ever to keep posting...I feel sorry for you

Posted by: skinswillwin | September 9, 2010 8:19 PM | Report abuse

I feel sorry for both of us. But who has the bigger bank account?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 8:22 PM | Report abuse

What the hell.

Skins 34, StarVag 17 (10 points in 4th quarter garbage time)

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 9, 2010 8:17 PM | Report abuse

I'm going 28-17 Skins.

Posted by: iH8dallas | September 9, 2010 8:28 PM | Report abuse

I should look into buying one of those hyperbaric chambers.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 8:32 PM | Report abuse

Will Anthony Armstrong be that undrafted "jewel" that evey team seems to find but us?

Do we have "book-end" tackles for the next 10 years?

Can we run the ball?

Will we finally have an offense and be able to score TD's?

Will Haynesworth be a BEAST or B*TCH?

Can we stop the run?

Will there be a huge learning curve for this defense?

Are Portis' best days behind him?

What will our secondary look like?

Is Tony Romo on his period?

Posted by: rickyroge | September 9, 2010 8:36 PM | Report abuse

Everything Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth

What can I do to convince you to stop taking dumps all over the blog?

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | September 9, 2010 5:59 PM |

EXPOSED,

This guy is also know as Poopy McPoop, BarackObama, and a host of other handles. HE WILL RESPOND TO THIS POST. My suggestion, ITA ! Go ahead Poopy, this is your last chance ass face.

Posted by: hessone | September 9, 2010 8:36 PM | Report abuse

I don't know about the rest of you nerds but I'm geeked for football.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 9, 2010 8:37 PM | Report abuse

I feel sorry for both of us. But who has the bigger bank account?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 8:22 PM | Report abuse

Really? LOL I guess this response wins. Well I guess you do since you do not pay bills in the basement of your parents.

Posted by: skinswillwin | September 9, 2010 8:37 PM | Report abuse

For the love of god just start the game already. The Saints/Vikings game I mean.

Posted by: SMACK1 | September 9, 2010 8:38 PM | Report abuse

Oxygen, somebody, get me oxygen! A football game is starting somewhere!

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 8:41 PM | Report abuse

Brees looks a little rusty. Devery only catches TD passes.

Posted by: SMACK1 | September 9, 2010 8:47 PM | Report abuse

WOW Saints just marched down the field in like 30 seconds

Posted by: rachel216 | September 9, 2010 8:47 PM | Report abuse

Here comes Brett Farve!!

Posted by: rachel216 | September 9, 2010 8:49 PM | Report abuse

got 1 FF point for both teams. Love that extra point!!

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 9, 2010 8:50 PM | Report abuse

I feel sorry for both of us. But who has the bigger bank account?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 8:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinswillwin | September 9, 2010 8:37 PM |

And skinswillwin with the correct response.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 9, 2010 8:50 PM | Report abuse

To Jason Reid at the WaPo,

Would you kindly investigate the handle used on this board, Albert_Haynesworth, and block his access and that of any other handles this poster goes by. Thank you for your time.

Posted by: hessone | September 9, 2010 8:50 PM | Report abuse

Ever find that ham sandwich Fat Al?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 8:52 PM | Report abuse

To Jason Reid at the WaPo,

Posted by: hessone | September 9, 2010 8:50 PM |

I believe this is the only time you will ever see J. Reid and investigate in the same sentence. Do you really think he's gonna put down the donuts and actually work? Not bloody likely.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 9, 2010 8:56 PM | Report abuse

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

Gotta love hessone acting like a little girl trying to cry and appeal to Reid and Co. Hahahahahahaha. Loser.

With that said I'd gladly let the Post compare my IP to any other posters on here since I know none would match mine.

Suck on that hessone. I mean who supports hess nowadays anyway? What is this, the mid-90s.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 8:57 PM | Report abuse

BLAARGHAEHHG!!! SNDYER-JONES PAPA JOHN'S COMMERCIAL!!! MY EYES!!!!!!

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 9, 2010 8:58 PM | Report abuse

Again, Dan Snyder... "Really" You were good with that script? Really? Ugh!!

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 9, 2010 8:58 PM | Report abuse

Ever find that ham sandwich Fat Al?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 8:52 PM |

Yea, it was lodged in a roll in his neck.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 9, 2010 9:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hessone | September 9, 2010 8:50 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 9, 2010 8:50 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, hopefully the blog feds will end the trolls...I want to read good posts from real fans, not the BS that been LET to be posted.

Posted by: skinswillwin | September 9, 2010 9:02 PM | Report abuse

Drew Brees is the best deep passer in the game.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 9, 2010 9:08 PM | Report abuse

good thing I got Meacham -- oops on my bench. Argggh

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 9, 2010 9:09 PM | Report abuse

Love all the good-Samaritan posters trying to regulate the renegade, out-of-control trolls.

Keep up the good fight ladies.

As for Fat Al and his ham sandwich, if he can't find it, he can always order a pizza from papa johns what with the free toppings and all.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 9:12 PM | Report abuse

Man just from this game alone I'm gonna win my Fantasy Football league.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 9:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 8:57 PM | Report abuse

Your comments over the past few days show have the IQ of your handle. Why not find a blog that involves diapers or children's underwear if that excites you? The mention of Peter North is interesting, maybe he can help with your issue, but not anyone here. IMHO

Posted by: skinswillwin | September 9, 2010 9:16 PM | Report abuse

Man just from this game alone I'm gonna win my Fantasy Football league.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop

I'm up 1-0, but I hope to open it up.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 9, 2010 9:18 PM | Report abuse

I hear their periods attract bears...

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 9, 2010 9:34 PM | Report abuse

Vikings offense is almost exclusively AP. They're trying to keep the pressure off Favre.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 9, 2010 9:36 PM | Report abuse

Z's back. Where have you been all day? Looking for articles to support your position that NFL players don't like Fat Al personally? Because, contrary to your assertion, that column/opinion piece using a TV analyst's opinion about the NFLPA defending Haynesworth in any dispute with the Redskins over his $21M payment didn't do it. The article didn't address the CBA, CBA negotiations, or player dislike for Haynesworth at all. Like I said, you were just speculating. And there's nothing wrong with that so long as you don't pass it off as a fact.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | September 9, 2010 9:45 PM | Report abuse

Brett with an ill-advised throw. Int. Again.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 9, 2010 9:46 PM | Report abuse

Yep, Brett improving his record..

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 9, 2010 9:48 PM | Report abuse

Wow! I'm still on the team.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 9:49 PM | Report abuse

so much for my 1 point, that missed FG takes me back to nothing

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 9, 2010 9:52 PM | Report abuse

But Brett still knows how to run the 2-minute.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 9, 2010 9:55 PM | Report abuse

BF: Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | September 9, 2010 9:57 PM | Report abuse

...but the dude can still play.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 9, 2010 9:57 PM | Report abuse

Damn. Brett Favre is good.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 9, 2010 9:59 PM | Report abuse

Bush has never looked so good.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 9, 2010 10:21 PM | Report abuse

Bush has never looked so good.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 9, 2010 10:21 PM |

I don't know, I've seen some pretty nice bush.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 9, 2010 10:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: learnedhand1

I put up yesterday. Yuo gotta read

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 9, 2010 10:28 PM | Report abuse

lol @swagger w ray ray.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 9, 2010 10:39 PM | Report abuse

Bush has never looked so good.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 9, 2010 10:21 PM |

I don't know, I've seen some pretty nice bush.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 9, 2010 10:25 PM

The less bush the better..

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 9, 2010 10:40 PM | Report abuse

I read what you posted and it didn't support anything you said in your original post. You know the one that started this tete a tete? But if you think it did, so be it.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | September 9, 2010 10:41 PM | Report abuse

Damn. Brett Favre is good.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 9, 2010 9:59 PM

And yet still so bad. He seems to be back to his old ways of just chucking the ball up for grabs.

Posted by: HokiesSkins | September 9, 2010 10:42 PM | Report abuse

HE WILL RESPOND TO THIS POST.

Posted by: hessone | September 9, 2010 8:36 PM |

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 8:57 PM |

So predictable

Posted by: hessone | September 9, 2010 10:42 PM | Report abuse

The less bush the better..

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 9, 2010 10:40 PM |

Indeed

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 9, 2010 10:42 PM | Report abuse

The less bush the better..

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 9, 2010 10:40 PM |

Indeed

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 9, 2010 10:42 PM

Co-sign.

Posted by: HokiesSkins | September 9, 2010 10:50 PM | Report abuse

ESPN right quick end of a good college game.

Posted by: SMACK1 | September 9, 2010 10:51 PM | Report abuse

I was away for a while. The Old Man threw another INT? I think that guy closes his eyes before chucking it.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 9, 2010 10:55 PM | Report abuse

S1-

war eagle

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 9, 2010 10:55 PM | Report abuse

The less bush the better..

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 9, 2010 10:40 PM |

Indeed

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 9, 2010 10:42 PM

Co-sign.

Posted by: HokiesSkins | September 9, 2010 10:50 PM | Report abuse

tri-sign?

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 9, 2010 10:56 PM | Report abuse

That was a catch....

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 9, 2010 10:57 PM | Report abuse

How was that pass an incomplete? You know, I'm getting really tired of this overwhelming New Orleans love the NFL has been giving. I smell conspiracy.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 9, 2010 10:58 PM | Report abuse

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | September 9, 2010 9:57 PM

----

Who knew Mark Twain, even while long deceased, is a 'Skins fan blogging from beyond the grave.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 11:02 PM | Report abuse

FG time Zeke!

Posted by: SMACK1 | September 9, 2010 11:03 PM | Report abuse

Suisham-ed

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 9, 2010 11:04 PM | Report abuse

Bush has never looked so good.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 9, 2010 10:21 PM |

I don't know, I've seen some pretty nice bush.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 9, 2010 10:25 PM
-----------------

As Booger said, "We've got bush! We've got bush!"

Or as the other guy said, "Hair pie."

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 11:04 PM | Report abuse

I need a new kicker

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 9, 2010 11:05 PM | Report abuse

Next time tell me what shmuck you're drafting.

Posted by: SMACK1 | September 9, 2010 11:08 PM | Report abuse

Who knew Mark Twain/learnedhand1 is an AH apologist.

Nice job backing a guy that has been the biggest DICK in Redskin's history. Players are always going to say the "right" thing publicly but to a man they're all tired of AH's act.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 9, 2010 11:08 PM | Report abuse

I need a new kicker

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 9, 2010 11:05 PM

Apparently I lucked out when someone drafted him before I did. Yikes.

Posted by: HokiesSkins | September 9, 2010 11:09 PM | Report abuse

Coming tomorrow, the season preview edition of

ZEKE'S UNIQUE PERSPECTIVES

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 9, 2010 11:13 PM | Report abuse

I need a new kicker

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 9, 2010 11:05 PM

Apparently I lucked out when someone drafted him before I did. Yikes.

Posted by: HokiesSkins

you're welcome

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 9, 2010 11:19 PM | Report abuse

The Saints have a pseudo-running game. Screens have replaced the QB-RB exchange, and these inflate Drew Brees' stats.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 9, 2010 11:20 PM | Report abuse

Fjk the Saints. Tired of hearing about Katrina too. Fjkoff New Orleans.

Posted by: SMACK1 | September 9, 2010 11:25 PM | Report abuse

Ok, one team I'm down 7 to -2 (vs Vikes defense and Colston) and in the other, I'm down 1 to -2 (Harvin).

-2!! Jeez. What a FG kicker!!

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 9, 2010 11:27 PM | Report abuse

Fjk the Saints. Tired of hearing about Katrina too. Fjkoff New Orleans.

Posted by: SMACK1 | September 9, 2010 11:25 PM

I'm going to give a big...The Dude Abides to this even if it not P.C.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 9, 2010 11:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake

Saints have a really good run game. Minny has a very good run defense, and the Saints did well against it. 4yds a carry against a very good run defense. Including the last 9 plays (3 kneel downs, 2 passes, 4 runs) to ran out the clock.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 9, 2010 11:33 PM | Report abuse

Wow, hatred for one of the most fun cities in the country. I frickin' love Nawlins!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 9, 2010 11:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 9, 2010 11:46 PM

Love Bourbon St but I'm tired of everyting else.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 9, 2010 11:50 PM | Report abuse

Brandon Jacobs of NY is unhappy. Must be taking Albert Haynesworth lessons:

"Not long after saying he was the victim of a "cutthroat, backstabbing business," Brandon Jacobs, was summoned to a meeting with Tom Coughlin, who was "surprised" by those remarks. Asked about that Wednesday, Jacobs cut off the question by saying "next question" and simply staring into space for a few moments. A few questions later, he got upset when asked if the key to running a successful, two-back system -- like the Giants did so well with Jacobs and Derrick Ward in 2008 -- was for the running backs to put their egos aside. "You think I'm stupid, aren't you?" Jacobs said before stomping out of the locker room. "You guys are funny, man."
New York Daily News

Posted by: Samson151 | September 9, 2010 11:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 9, 2010 11:46 PM

Love Bourbon St but I'm tired of everyting else.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 9, 2010 11:50 PM |

We can agree to disagree. There is so much more to Nawlins than just Bourbon St. You just have to look around. I'll leave it to y'all to figure out.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 10, 2010 12:00 AM | Report abuse

"There is so much more to Nawlins than just Bourbon St."

In some ways, Bourbon Street is the part you should give a pass. Like Beale in Memphis.

Posted by: Samson151 | September 10, 2010 12:05 AM | Report abuse

scamp-

Love the state...great food, great people, great fishing, great golf. I spent 2 days painting a school after katrina.

I'm tired of the team, the media and the ref's love of the Saints.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 10, 2010 12:06 AM | Report abuse

Judging by the grammar, I would assume that question was rhetorical.

Posted by: HokiesSkins | September 10, 2010 12:09 AM | Report abuse

I'm tired of the team, the media and the ref's love of the Saints.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 10, 2010 12:06 AM |

Okay, but not I. The Saints have always been my second team, Granted it's a distant second but I like Brees and Payton. Not really any loud mouths or giant egos on the team. Yes the media blows, but that goes for ALL teams. I'm tired of the Dallas and Patriot strokers. Nawlins deserved that championship and they deserve to bask in the glow until someone else takes it. The ones that should reallt piss you off is the Dallas strokers. They ain't won sh!t in forever. New England is a few years removed and everyone loves to cradle their nuts. Nawlins deserves the limelight.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 10, 2010 12:35 AM | Report abuse