Fletcher, Still in Pain, May Not Practice

Jason La Canfora reports:

Linebacker London Fletcher said his sprained foot is so painful and swollen that he will not practice today and doubts that he will be on the field tomorow either.

"It's still pretty sore," Fletcher said.

He is still limping noticeably and, at this point, it sounds as if he will not be able to practice at all this week.

"I'd love to get out there on the practice field with my teammates and work on the preparation for this game," he said, "but it's Wednesday now and I just don't know where I'll be on Thursday or Friday.

By Cindy Boren  |  December 3, 2008; 12:24 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Sellers on Offense's Struggles
Next: Thomas's Dwindling Pull

Comments

He will play.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 3, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Could this be the FIRST missed game of LFB's career?

Posted by: outsider6 | December 3, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

We are all in this together. Gibbs lives on lol

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | December 3, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

He'll play. I'll be shocked if he doesn't. Dude is a soldier.

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 3, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Yknow - one thing that's got me a little flummoxed here is how NO ONE is taking full blame on this.

We all know the blame is spread out, but it sure would be nice to hear someone step up and accept it all (Jim Zorn? Soupy?).

We need a 'buck-stops-here' kinda guy and all I'm hearing is excuses.

Man up, ladies.

JUST WIN!

Posted by: DikShuttle | December 3, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

I feel like London can take a day off think he will figure out the scheme before sunday.

Posted by: Stu27 | December 3, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Agree Dik, and I think that that person should be Zorn. He will call out players, especially the rookies when they make a mistake then he needs to call himself out on the play calling and schemes.

He should also take responsibilities for the rookie WRs not being up to speed. I can blame the rookies for not being ready at camp, but if they still are not "getting it" at this point, then that is on the coaches.

And if he needs to scale down the plays because the offense is struggling, then again it's about the coaches. And as he is the HC, he needs to step up and claim that "buck"!

Posted by: Curzon417 | December 3, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone out there believe that we can beat the Raven? I think I want this game more than any we have played this year (including the Cowgirls). I realize that we could possibly lose and still back into the playoffs, but I truly believe this one win could turn our entire team's attitude around.

I haven't seen the Ravens play all season.

How do we beat the Ravens?
Are they really as good as everyone is making them out to be?
How have other teams been scoring on them?

Posted by: Soup17 | December 3, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Fletcher-Baker, candlestick maker? No.
Fletcher-Baker, tackle-maker? Still no.

How about:

Fletcher-Baker, difference-maker;
(Veteran linebacker, better'n Urlacher)

My (not so smart) money says he plays every snap this weekend.

Posted by: Redcoat | December 3, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Practice?!? We talkin bout PRACTICE?! In December?!? Practice?!

No one hits in practice in December. Lots of walk throughs and we are dealing with an 11 year vet who hasn't missed a game since the 90s, and we talkin bout PRACTICE?!?!

Posted by: 4thFloor | December 3, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

How do we beat the Ravens?
Are they really as good as everyone is making them out to be?
How have other teams been scoring on them?

Posted by: Soup17 | December 3, 2008 12:44 PM |

No they are not that good the only win they have against a team with a winning record is Philly.

The good teams they have played have beat them.

The Giants crushed them 30-10

The Colts beat them 31-3

They can be scored on the Giants pounded the run game and the Colts were able to throw against them.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 3, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

I find it interesting that we've had 2 guys plucked off of our practice squad in recent weeks to active roster spots on other teams. Crummey, an OL and Octavien, an LB. The two areas where this team is very thin.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 3, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

How have other teams been scoring on them?

Posted by: Soup17

They haven't let up more than 13 points at home all season long.

Not a good sign.

Posted by: psps23 | December 3, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

How do we beat the Ravens?
Are they really as good as everyone is making them out to be?
How have other teams been scoring on them?

Posted by: Soup17 | December 3, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Looking at the games they lost:

Pitt (23-20) they lost in OT despite outpassing and outrushing Pitt, because Pitt got a forced fumble return for a TD in 3rd quarter.

Titans 13-10 Titans scored 10 points in 4th quarter, despite being massively outrushed. A Flacco INT started the winning drive which was kept going by some bad Ravens penalties.

Colts 31-3 5x Turnovers by Ravens, Peyton throws 3x TDs, 'nuff said.

Giants 30-10 Giants had just under 200 yds rushing, but key play was an INT returned for TD by Aaron Ross when Ravens were driving down field at 20-10 having been 20-0 down.

So, it looks like you have to either have a massive rushing game (Giants) an HOF QB (Colts) or punish EVERY error (Pitt and Tennessee).

You have to stop the rushing game to try to make Flacco beat you on his own. And then you have to take every chance. Getting ahead early would help.

Posted by: Redcoat | December 3, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Flounder, Miami has a winning record.

They didn't have then, but you can't take it from when the games were played or no-one gets any credit for winning in week one!

Posted by: Redcoat | December 3, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

perhaps just simply playing as a team, and communicating with each other would help rather than playing as a bunch of individuals

Posted by: connskins | December 3, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 3, 2008 12:51 PM

Aren't those the 2 things we've been having the most trouble doing lately?

Posted by: Predator48 | December 3, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Red,

Sorry I will give your boys credit they do have a winning record, but they were terrible in that game.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 3, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

No problem Flounder. Terrible would actually flatter our play.

I would have said "woeful" or even "A Detroit-like level of incompetence".

Posted by: Redcoat | December 3, 2008 1:10 PM | Report abuse

It's not so much the Ravens offense....their D is great at intercepting the football AND returning it for TDs.

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 3, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: CindyBoren | December 3, 2008 1:16 PM | Report abuse

I haven't seen the Ravens play all season.

How do we beat the Ravens?
Are they really as good as everyone is making them out to be?
How have other teams been scoring on them?

Posted by: Soup17 | December 3, 2008 12:44 PM

I have a good friend who is a Ravens fan, and have watched their last four games with him. They are good on offense and improving, Flacco is a playmaker. Their Defense is phenomenal. Their defense is both fundamentally sound AND big-play capable. Ed Reed recently set an NFL Record for the longest INT return in NFL history (108yds for a TD).Most importantly their D is fast and aggressive, both things our Offense has struggled to deal with. The only real weakness I see in their D is that they are very thin in the secondary due to injuries. If we can exploit that, we may have some success.

Whoever pointed out what the giants and Pitt did to baltimore...Remember what Pitt and the Giants did to us too.

The Ravens are beatable. On a good day we could do it, I'm just not sure we can do it at this time, with this team. We are slowed by injuries, prone to mental mistakes, and soft on Offense.

Posted by: ecale25 | December 4, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse