Larry Foote signs with Steelers

As expected and reported Sunday night, Larry Foote will rejoin the Pittsburgh Steelers. He has signed a three-year contract after spending a year in Detroit.

Foote, who visited the Redskins last week, returns to a system he knows well and provides Pittsburgh another option in the linebacking corps.

By Cindy Boren  |  March 15, 2010; 2:11 PM ET
Categories:  Free agency
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: NFL quarterback of the future may have the last name of Haslett
Next: Strong showing for Shanahan's first day of voluntary workouts

Comments

***BRACKET TIIIIIME***

Group Name: RI Hamster Nation

Group Type: Private

Group Creator: 4thFloor

Group Motto: "We don't let facts get in the way....."

Group Password (Password): ita

Locking Rules: Locked - Entries may leave/join group only before the season begins

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 15, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

maybe we can pick up some UFAs out of Maryland after the draft.

Posted by: mopp04 | March 15, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

**yawn**

Posted by: Original_etrod | March 15, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Cheyenne... dont stress its still a solid watch... not up to BoB level yet, but its part 1 of 10... it'll get better.

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Yeah but after day of worthless posts...I have to have something to look forward to.

Posted by: CheyenneWY | March 15, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

" ... Nathan Jr accepts me for what I am! And I think you better had, too! You know I'm okay, you're okay! That there's what it is! ..."

[Try this puzzle at home ... which of the first four comments has the most to do with the blog topic?]

Posted by: dcsween | March 15, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

I say no, to drafting any player from the "U"

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | March 15, 2010 2:26 PM

So....You wouldn't want the following people on your team??

Sean Taylor
Santana Moss
RockyMac
Ray Lewis
Andre Johnson
Ed Reed
Bryant McKinnie
Greg Olsen

And that's just for staters....

(4th's Note - I intentionally left CP off the list because I know amongst many things, this is def not a CP crowd)

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 15, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Larry Foote signs with Steelers = 40 degree day

Who cares?

Posted by: RedDMV | March 15, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween

o_e @ 3

Posted by: RedDMV | March 15, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

I told you - he signed with the last team he visited.

Posted by: Rypien11 | March 15, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

maybe we can pick up some UFAs out of Maryland after the draft.

Posted by: mopp04 | March 15, 2010 2:25 PM

Pining for UDFAs, like the Larry Foote signing, is today's version of "I got nothin'."

"Jerry, you know I always wanted to pretend I was an architect."

Posted by: dcsween | March 15, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Who here really cares about Larry Foote? It's been made clear that he wasn't interested in signing with the Skins. This would be news here only if he changed his mind.

Re Pacific: My problem with Pacific is that unlike Band of Brothers there were no basic training scenes that allowed you to get some sense of the characters before the bullets started flying. I have no doubt that it will get better as the series progresses but last night was a bit disappointing.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | March 15, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

It's a slow day....So I'll go for it....

I just peeked on the Post Front PAge....

It's not looking good for Obama at the moment......This maybe a critical couple of weeks coming for him.....

I'm sure he doesn't want to be in the NExt Jeopardy Question, 'One Term Presidents'....

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 15, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

At least this is a relevant post, albeit hours after the fact.

Posted by: psps23 | March 15, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

o_e @ 3

Posted by: RedDMV | March 15, 2010 2:35 PM

We have a winner! Johnny, tell Red what he's won ... [this is the part where you have to choose between a lifetime supply of Rice-A-Roni or putting it all on a Spiegel gift certificate ... we gave all the bonus points to the last guy.]

Posted by: dcsween | March 15, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

I say no, to drafting any player from the "U"

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | March 15, 2010 2:26 PM

So....You wouldn't want the following people on your team??

Sean Taylor
Santana Moss
RockyMac
Ray Lewis
Andre Johnson
Ed Reed
Bryant McKinnie
Greg Olsen

And that's just for staters....

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 15, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Warren Sapp, Reggie Wayne, Jonathan Vilma, Edgerrin James, Willis McGahee...

Posted by: iH8dallas | March 15, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

I dont understand the hesitation towards U players... Both offensively and defensively they have produced some of the best players in the nfl year in and year our... while they may not have had the best college record the last 4 years or so... the team itself is still retardedly talented... Fox may not be the next chris samuels but I can see him becoming a solid RT in this league... and for a team that has STEPHON HEYER starting at RT... even a mediocre player would be a MASSIVE upgrade.

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | March 15, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | March 15, 2010 2:32 PM

I thought it was mine....(ITA)

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 15, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

I'm sure he doesn't want to be in the NExt Jeopardy Question, 'One Term Presidents' ...

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 15, 2010 2:38 PM

... or worse, to have to be the question for $200. If you have to be in that category, you at least want to be the $1000 question ("Who was Millard Filmore, Alex?"]

Posted by: dcsween | March 15, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

"Bracket Time"

Unlike my beloved Heels, I will be defending my crown.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | March 15, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Learned... that was my exact response to it. You have no idea who anyone is. With BoB we had an entire episode to learn the characters and figuring out names and what not, but Pacific just kinda jumped right in... sorta expecting us to know the people involved already... that problem will work itself out as the season goes on... but this seemed more like a 2nd episode or something instead of the series premier.

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

All well and good, but Steelers really need to sign someone who can keep Big Ben away from the skanky sorority scampers...

Posted by: Vic1 | March 15, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

I got nothing but love for U players including CP....

athletes are cocky...duh. Didn't most of you go to high school??

Also 4th, cmon man dont go there...

Posted by: chrislarry | March 15, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 15, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

I should have stated " I say no to drafting anybody currently from the "U"

While they have produced pro caliber players in the past (good list btw), the coaching has gone way down hill with Randy Shannon.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | March 15, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 15, 2010 2:38 PM

Posted by: League-Source | March 15, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

You like me! You really like me!

Posted by: Original_etrod | March 15, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Why does frediefritz have two spots in the bracket?

Posted by: learnedhand1 | March 15, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

How does the NCAA justify a possible 96 team basketball national championship, when it claims it can't get 6 division 1 football teams into a playoff for the national championship?

The BCS is why I'm usually mad until March.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 15, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | March 15, 2010 2:44 PM

We are at/around the climax right now. The vote will be over with before it even starts. Wasn't his (newest of new) self-imposed deadline on the 18th?

(Sorry cL - You know once No News keeps rolling, someone, by law, has to interject a politcal football into this blog to drive up post)

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 15, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

For all of these games we'll have the worst available broadcast team. Book it.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | March 15, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Hello Tim Green!

Posted by: Original_etrod | March 15, 2010 2:13 PM

Tim Green is excellent, even better on Moving the Chains on Sirus NFL channel 124 with Pat Kerwin (weekdays 3-7).

The worst team in the overrated Joe Buck and the insufferable Troy Aikman followed closely by Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston, and Tony Siragusa.

Bob Papa (Giants homer) and Matt Millen on NFL network are only on 8 games a year, but equally as bad and would round out the top 3.

League-Source- Do you know where to send your resume…the NFL could use a little diversity in the booth, you could be the Pam Ward of the NFL.

Pam Ward started working at ESPN in 1996 as a sideline reporter, but hated the job and asked her superiors to assign her play-by-play on NCAA football games; she was granted her request in 2001. She is a graduate of the prestigious University of Maryland, College Park with a degree in communications.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 15, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

I vote for "yawn".

Posted by: wireman65 | March 15, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Why does frediefritz have two spots in the bracket?

Posted by: learnedhand1 | March 15, 2010 2:47 PM

He told me it was mistake. HE couldn't delete it. And I don't know if I can being the admin and all. But FF2 is null and void...I don't think he made any picks to it....

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 15, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

I think Daryl Johnston is the ABSOLUTE worst.

Hence the All Capital letters.

Posted by: CheyenneWY | March 15, 2010 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Ochocinco is cool again.... not for just blasting Cowturd but in the manner which he did.

This particular one made me proud:

"its not my fault your girl is cheating on you, its your fault, try EXTENZE and stop worryin about me! Lmao-have a show bout that"

Get 'em...

Posted by: RedDMV | March 15, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 15, 2010 2:50 PM

Same as you and Periculump. Terps are world beaters. At least, the ones that aren't egg beaters or meat beaters.

Posted by: League-Source | March 15, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

I'm thinkin' if we didn't get him (with 2 former Steeler coaches who know him on staff) than it's prob a case where HE wasn't a good fit and not vice versa. Lord knows we will sign over-the-hill guys for 10+ mil if he's wanted. (Looking at you LJ!)

Posted by: DCV1 | March 15, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

"Evaluating the Obama Presidency before the vote on health care is like evaluating the Redskins off season, before the draft."

Not to get too political, but the dude isn't getting any props for his long-coming decision to send more troops into Afghanistan either.

The Taliban is getting its azz kicked by the US military, but if you follow the pretty rich people in the nation's media, it's all about healthcare.

But then again, health care thingy's issues are all his fault: unless it passes.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 15, 2010 2:58 PM | Report abuse

I sorta dig Bob Poppa...he is giants homer b/c he is their play by play guy. I like his Olympic work.

Posted by: chrislarry | March 15, 2010 2:58 PM | Report abuse

The BCS is why I'm usually mad until March.
Posted by: MistaMoe | March 15, 2010 2:48 PM

Agreed….it usually is only about money with these idiots, but why they cannot seem to fathom that a football playoff system could actually mean more money is beyond me. You can still have a bunch of meaningless bowl games anyway, plus add in 8 or 16 teams to playoff, and you have 7 or 15 games that REALLY mean something. You can still call each game a “bowl game” if you insist…I am sure you could find someone who would want to have a playoff round one game, call the Ford Playoff bowl game….not to mention the top dollars that the networks would shell out to broadcast them.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | March 15, 2010 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Aikmen is good as an analyst. He pretty straight forward.

Buck Sucks. Monotone speaking bama....

And Greg Papa is his monotoned twined-bama brotha from anotha motha.

Moose is like me...HE jumps out there with his statements and he is either terribly right or terribly wrong.

CBS has the best annoouncers.

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 15, 2010 2:59 PM | Report abuse

I like Jerry Glanville as an announcer...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 15, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Are the Redskins confused? We usually sign everyone for all the money in the world, but we get an uncapped year and sign no one.

Posted by: jmy999 | March 15, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Fox started 11 games for Miami in his senior season and was a four year starter on the offensive line. He was also a versatile player, which allowed the Hurricanes to put him at several positions. He's projected to go in the fourth or fifth round of the upcoming draft. - Dylan Brooks, CBS4 Miami

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 15, 2010 2:03 PM |
===============================

There you go again. What's this, at least the third season in a row that you recommend not using high draft picks on the offensive line?

How's that working for us?
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | March 15, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Bob Poppa > Larry Michaels....

just sayin...

Posted by: chrislarry | March 15, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

All of Fox's play by play guys suck. Pat Summerall was the greatest of all time.

Tonight on CBS: 60 Minutes followed by Murder, (5 second pause) She Wrote.

Posted by: Original_etrod | March 15, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

To the BCS discussion... the teams typically who play in the big time bowl games, after New Years and what not... have almost an entire month off from their last regular season/ conference championship game to their respective bowl games... Would it be too hard to stage the playoff during the month... with other bowl games going on as well, and then have the championship game scheduled for the same date it always is.... Doesn't seem that hard to me.
And would clearly be an upgrade over the current system.

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Re frediefritz's dual entries: It can be deleted by him simply leaving the group and re-joining it with one team.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | March 15, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Aikmen is good as an analyst. He pretty straight forward.

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 15, 2010 2:59 PM | Report abuse

I can't get over him being such a Dallas homer.. Put him on AFC East games.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | March 15, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

At Zorn's interview for his new team he told them for the last two years he "was going Jack Kerouac on everyones ass"

Just thought you would want to know.

Posted by: CheyenneWY | March 15, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Bob Poppa > Larry Michaels....

just sayin...

Posted by: chrislarry | March 15, 2010 3:05 PM

Anbody>Larry Michaels

Fixed it for you..

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 15, 2010 3:07 PM | Report abuse

I can't get over him being such a Dallas homer.. Put him on AFC East games.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | March 15, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

I've never thought of him as a Dallas homer. He has a man crush in Clinton Portis.

Moose is a homer. Luckily Sirigusa it there to b*tch slap him back into reality.

F Joe Buck.

Posted by: Original_etrod | March 15, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Uhhh,when did this blog turn into the Larry Foote watch?What the hell?

Posted by: smittdiddy | March 15, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Aikman is critical of the Cowboys -- especially Tony Romo.

Posted by: RedDMV | March 15, 2010 3:12 PM | Report abuse

I like Jerry Glanville as an announcer...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 15, 2010 3:02 PM

Emmitt Smith is a great studio analyst.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 15, 2010 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Haven't seen a college b-ball game in years. But ... I'm done with my brackets. Got my alma mater going all the way.

Translation: I have no chance

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 15, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Original_etrod | March 15, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Could just be me not liking ex Cowboys announcing the game.. Can we get a few Redskins in there? Think of the irony if Aikman were to be replaced by LaVar Arrington in that space.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | March 15, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Aikman- I want to dislike him, but I'm usually indifferent. I hate having to listen to Phil Simms. Yes, hater = me, so what?

Posted by: closer44 | March 15, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Naw, they should team Aikman up with Lavar. How'd that work out the last time they got together?

Posted by: closer44 | March 15, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Bob Poppa > Larry Michaels....

just sayin...

Posted by: chrislarry | March 15, 2010 3:05 PM

Anbody>Larry Michaels

Fixed it for you..

Posted by: Diesel44

Dirt sandwich > Larry Michaels

There was still room for improvement

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 15, 2010 3:18 PM | Report abuse

"To the BCS discussion... the teams typically who play in the big time bowl games, after New Years and what not... have almost an entire month off from their last regular..."

Please explain how all the teams having time off hurts any team that might be in a potential playoff game?

And even if they kept what they have now, a 'Plus 1' game the weekend of the NFL playoffs would rack in a ton 'o money.

I mention money as that's all it's about.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 15, 2010 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Translation: I have no chance

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 15, 2010 3:14 PM
------------

I'd do that but I haven't been able to find anyone running an NIT bracket.

Posted by: closer44 | March 15, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

How's that working for us?
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | March 15, 2010 3:05 PM

Wow! You got me! I was even thinking about that!

Well.......I got nothing...Speechless...I'm caught...lol

We have to restock our offensive weapons....So I started looking at what is out there...And come to find out there are atleast 10 LTs that can legitly start this year.......

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 15, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Considering that Arrington is the reason that Aikman is a foot dragging, mouth breather...I think that would work fine

Posted by: CheyenneWY | March 15, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Obviously, I'm a Miamuh fan. But I think their drop off can be tied pretty closely with the arrival of "The Donna". They've really shunned the foobaw team since she came on. I don't know what the boosters 'r thinkin'.

Posted by: DikShuttle | March 15, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Why does frediefritz have two spots in the bracket?

Posted by: learnedhand1 | March 15, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse
I wrote earlier that I mistakenly established 2 accts, and was unable to delete the second one. I only set up one input.

Posted by: frediefritz | March 15, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Zeke,

"two words: SJK Sandwich"

Posted by: DikShuttle | March 15, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

zeke, I'm right there with you. Got my alma mater winning the whole thing. Problem is, we're going to lose by 25 in the 1st round.

Posted by: 4-12 | March 15, 2010 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 15, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Not that it matters, but FF2 is in fact blank. I'm not into college bb, but bracketology is fun.

Posted by: frediefritz | March 15, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Moe, I was agreeing with you on the BCS... i want a playoff during that time off. It wouldn't hurt anyone, and would massive increase profits for the NCAA... a lot more interest and what not...

Also to any anyone who says that that month off is so the students can "study" for finals.... seriously ask yourself how many of the top schools top athletes really are in class taking school seriously?

My older brother rowed, as in crew... for UPenn... now this is CREW and not football... but even he had a tutor for his classes and someone to help him out if he ever needed it... I can only imagine what these top Football players get at schools like Florida/ Texas/ Ohio State (we already have evidence from Mr. Clarett (or however he spells his name)... But its pretty obvious that classes are not on the top of these kids lists of important daily activities... and i'm sure exams are one of the last things on their mind during the month of decemeber.

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Apparently NO always means YES to Big Ben..

The Steelers have their training camp in Latrobe, PA -- a town absolutely owned by Arnold Palmer. Near the training camp is Laurel Valley golf club. It has hosted several major championships and is a big deal club in the area.

Ben Roethlisberger came by during training camp one summer and said he wanted to get on the course to play. The pro shop said that they would accommodate him but that members that had tee times would go ahead of him and they would work him on.

So, Ben looks around the pro shop and starts buying up stuff. Makes his purchases, then disappears to the first tee. He's teeing off out of turn. The pro shop wrangles him down in the first fairway and demands that he return to the clubhouse to wait his turn to play.

Eventually, he gets to go off. He runs into a bunch of people who naturally want his autograph. He says no to all of them. Doesn't want to be nice to the people letting him play their exclusive track.
When he's done with the round, Ben goes into the locker room in the clubhouse. He takes a shower and comes out, when a man comes up to him and tells him, "What you are going to do right now is go into the pro shop and sign autographs for every single person who wants them, and then you will never come back here again."

The man who told him that? Arnold Palmer.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 15, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

I borrowed the 'dirt sandwich' comment from Sharon Stone. I try to borrow as much as I can from Sharon Stone, and still remain in compliance with the restraining order ...

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 15, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Dang, 4th's bracket filled up fast, so I created a second one.

***MORE BRACKET TIIIIIIME***

# Group Name: RI Peeps
# Group Motto: "it is what it is"
# Group Password (Password): sjk

Posted by: NateinthePDX | March 15, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Well.......I got nothing...Speechless...I'm caught...lol

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 15, 2010 3:20 PM |
=================================
This is a decent O.L. list

They've now got Anthony Davis at number 5, down where he belongs. He reminds me of bust Andre Smith from last year.

Bruce Campbell has bad college tape, not very much starting college experience, and for all his Combine Guy brilliance, he was noted to be stiff in some of those drills. So I no longer think he could be our answer, either.

The time to gamble on a lower round LT is when you've still got an effective Chris Samuels. We're well past that point, unfortunately. Anyone lower than Charlie Brown is a gamble to be your starting left tackle...and we do need to start a left tackle this year.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | March 15, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Kenan McCardell is the new wide receiver coach.

I hope this information catches on.

(INSERT drumroll and bad pun groan.)

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 15, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Doh! User error... I just couldn't figure out how to join 4th's group. So please ignore the group I created.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | March 15, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: learnedhand1 | March 15, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse
Thanks LH1. Done. Sorry for the confusion.

Posted by: frediefritz | March 15, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Diesel.... if you have proof of that... that'd be an awesome story... and proof TO EVERYONE who jumped on my back last week when i stated that Ben was a prick and most people did not like him...

I had a lot of people here giving me crap for making that up, when its written all over the nation, and now starting to be written in Pitts.... but whatever...

Diesel do you have proof of that?

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Same for me, but I borrowed from Spinal Tap!.... they go to 11.

Posted by: DikShuttle | March 15, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

I had a lot of people here giving me cra* for making that up, when its written all over the nation, and now starting to be written in Pitts.... but whatever...

Diesel do you have proof of that?

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4-12

Lots of alma mater loyalty. That's a good thing. Of course, it only lasts until there's money on the line ...

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 15, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

damn my bad... they rejected my first post... so i reposted it... but looks like it wasn't rejected... sorry guys

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

pas, people jumped all over you because of the assumptions you made regarding the most recent allegations regarding Ben....go re-read some of what you wrote, then get your OWN story straight...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 15, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Simms now available...

Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2010 3:30 PM ET
With Brady Quinn now under contract at a base salary of only $700,000, the Broncos were able to part ways with last year's primary backup quarterback, Chris Simms.

According to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, Simms has been released.

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 15, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Who cares???? Are you related to Foote or rubbin toes with him??

Posted by: taylormade218 | March 15, 2010 3:45 PM | Report abuse

spare spleen on call?

Posted by: DikShuttle | March 15, 2010 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Bean-
While I agree some of what I said was misguided... well mainly just the child molestor part... however my "assumption" that he was a prick and a bad person was also jumped on as if i was basing it on my own opinions... when in fact i was not... diesels story is more proof towards that...

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Diesel do you have proof of that?

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

you called him a child molester and went on to defend that position after acknowledging that his accuser is not a child.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | March 15, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | March 15, 2010 2:58 PM

You're a fan of BOTH ice dancing AND mens' synchronized swimming?

Posted by: dcsween | March 15, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

pas, diesels story is mere speculation/heresay, posted on the internet, please come with something other than this story, the easter bunny, or the tooth fairy, you know, facts and stuff....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 15, 2010 3:58 PM | Report abuse

actually pocket... after admitting that, i proceeded to backtrack and apologize for that comment... i do not deny i said it because i did... and i do deserve to take it on the chin for that one... however, just as many people also jumped on me for the observation that people tend to not like Roethlisberger and that he is not a well respected individual around the league... I can remember a number of posts accusing me of jumping to conclusions about his personality based solely on this one event (the sexual assault accuasation...) an event that is most likely baseless... however that was simply not true... Big Ben is an aszhole and has been for his entire career. I feel that he has earned that reputation and everything that comes along with it... and Diesels post supports and furthers this...

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Bean-
Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 3:52 PM

Okay, okay, it looks like you were right. This proof closes the case. Now let’s discuss how Dan Snyder “clearly, absolutely”:
1. Has a dark heart
2. Has no compassion
3. Only wants to sell Jerseys

Believe me, I have proof; it’s all over the internet, with credible sources to boot. John Riggins says he has a dark heart, Emmit Smith says he heard that Snyder is an uncompassionate egomaniac, and up not only up here, but all over a bunch of other redskins boards/blogs, redskins fans themselves are saying that Snyder isn’t interested in winning, only selling jerseys and making money. Case closed baby!

Posted by: dlhaze1 | March 15, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

I wander how the workouts went today, it's to bad there is no site that has the inside scoop on the Skins.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 15, 2010 4:07 PM | Report abuse

bean... while I am at work that is an impossible task as almost every website... outside of this one somehow... is blocked by my company... give me time tomorrow when I get off at a normal hour and iwill come back with a NUMBER of opinions and editorials about how Roethlisberger treats his fans like shi&... acts like a spoiled super star and just generally is not a well liked individual outside of his Steeler nation.... and not just by dsigruntled fans who he has beaten but sports writers also...

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Diesel do you have proof of that?

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 3:39 PM

Do I have proof that he's a child molester? No, because all his skanks have been of legal age.

Is he a Jackhole with terrible judgment? Apparently.

Do I care to join this argument? Absolutely Not.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 15, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

opinions

don't bother...come back with facts, otherwise, I'm not interested.....actually, don't bother, this is a waste of my time....just give it a rest.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 15, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

AND OHHH... just realized Diesels post was found on PFT... i thought he had some inside knowledge of that.... changes how i feel about the validity of it... but still more proof that there are people out there who think hes a d-bag... if its been written on PFT someone how to tell Florio about it... so theres another person who thinks Roethlisberger is a d-bag...

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Phillip Daniels Sees "A New Era"

It's a sudden shift, the jump from mostly-empty hallways to what looked like near-100%-participation in offseason workouts. And this season, that shift was even more noticeable.

"New faces," Brian Orakpo observed. "The weight room's different. Lot of changes like that, but it's good for the long run. Obviously 4-12 wasn't good, so they had to make a lot of changes, and that goes for personnel, coaching staff, and everything like that."

Phillip Daniels was even more blunt. "Everything pretty much changed," he said. "It's a different look. A new era."

And that seemed to be the prevailing sentiment among the players that I talked to: changes had been made, but they were necessary, and they put the team on the path to something better.

Daniels, for one, is excited for the chance to do something new. "I was in the last defense for ten years," he said, "and I'm gonna have fun just learning something new. It's gonna be fun. I think guys are willing to do it. After the season we had last year? Ain't nothing we can say. We've gotta do what we've gotta do."

As a powerlifter -- back lifting since the end of January, he says -- Daniels also has a certain stake in the revamped weight room; thus far, he's pleased by that change as well. "I like how they moved stuff around, made more room. Ray Wright seems like he's a really good coach and he's gonna have us ready. Hopefully I can go in there, work with him on his stuff, he can work with me on my stuff, and we'll get me even stronger."

Daniels, a fifteen year veteran of the league, knows how these changes work, and why they're important. "I like the moves so far. You hate to see good coaches -- good people -- leave. But at the same time, sometimes change is good, and we've gotta move forward."

And that's what today was, for many of these guys: the first day moving forward under the new regime. "Feels good being back.," Orakpo said. "First day back on the job, seeing everybody, Guys are excited, got new coaches and a new staff onboard, and it's been good so far." And for a first day, that's enough.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 15, 2010 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4-12 | March 15, 2010 3:23 PM

Used to be that we were Marshall, but as of now, We Are Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

Posted by: dcsween | March 15, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

haze, since you asked (or didn't ask)...

The only interesting question (to me) about Snyder is how much people like me will change their minds about him if and when the Redskins win a title while he's the primary owner. My opinion of him as owner started off low and has only gotten worse as the years have marched on.

Trust me, I'd love to be faced with the dilemma of how to rethink Snyder-as-owner by seeing him hoist the Lombardi. Unless and until that happy day comes, though, I will continue to spit in his general direction.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | March 15, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dlhaze1 | March 15, 2010 4:02 PM

What about Leigh Torrence? Is he really god like?

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 15, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX | March 15, 2010 3:35 PM

Dolt! I just joined. So by all means join Nates..

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 15, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

I'm no fan of Fat Ben either. It just seemed that one day you were overstepping a little.

Some of the stuff making judgments about Ben and the girl when we don't know what happened that night.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | March 15, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

... after admitting that, i proceeded to backtrack and apologize for that comment ... i do not deny i said it because i did ...

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 4:01 PM

John Kerry is completely down with this.

Posted by: dcsween | March 15, 2010 4:15 PM | Report abuse

flound thanks for the post...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 15, 2010 4:15 PM | Report abuse

My point here is that people think hes a d-bag... and its continually being stated by people involved with the league or those who simply follow the leauge... league insiders, scouts, scoures have been leaking info about him since the FIRST time he was accused of assaulting a women... I mean there is no hard evidence of the fact, but if story after story after story is released showing that he isn't a good person... eventually you have to believe its true to some extent...

"Again, we don't know whether it's true. It might be, it might not be. But it's not inconsistent with the anecdotes that are being shared consistently on radio and in other media regarding Roethlisberger."

Just saying... I read and listen to what people say who DO know what they are talking about... and everyone who seems to know says hes a d-bag right or wrong. I'm done, last time I will say anything about Roethlisberger.

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse

... "... Obviously 4-12 wasn't good," Orakpo said. ...

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 15, 2010 4:10 PM

He and Mrs. 4-12 agree on something. Little Miss 4-12, however, has different views on the matter.

Posted by: dcsween | March 15, 2010 4:19 PM | Report abuse

sween, it'll be fun to watch OU in the Dance, getting a 40 minute beat-down from the Hoyas.
Much better than watching them make a deep run in that other tourney. No, not the NIT. Can't remember the name of it, but I think we were there with Nate's beloved UVA last year..."We're number 98! We're number 98!"

Posted by: 4-12 | March 15, 2010 4:20 PM | Report abuse

flound thanks for the post...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 15, 2010 4:15 PM |

Sombody has to do some work on here, I can copy and paste with the best of them.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 15, 2010 4:21 PM | Report abuse

My point here is that people think hes a d-bag

Great...move on...please, for the love of God move on......

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 15, 2010 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Back in high school, I attended a summer program at the University of Arkansas-Pine Bluff. It was not a lovely campus, which comes as little surprise given how un-lovely Pine Bluff is on the whole.

(And as a historically black school, UAPB got a lot of derision from less enlightened white kids in my hometown, along the lines of "U Are Probably Black".)

But that was a pretty fun summer, all in all. And a good number of my friends went on to college there. So I wish the Golden Lions of UAPB all possible success in their first-ever NCAA tournament appearance.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | March 15, 2010 4:25 PM | Report abuse

And by wishing UAPB "all possible success" I mean winning the play-in game and *not* destroying my bracket by upsetting Duke.

Hold up, that reads wrong. I don't care about my bracket; I'd LOVE for UAPB to win the play-in game and then upset Duke.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | March 15, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Cindy,
Did you happen to get a measurement of Foote's c#*k?
I'd like to know the c#*k length of the guy who just signed
with the Steelers... come on WP!

Posted by: noseman4681 | March 15, 2010 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX

University of Arkansas Pine-Bluff = UAPB = U are probably black

That damn Mikey Wolgenheimer...

Posted by: RedDMV | March 15, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

^^^charmer

Posted by: RedDMV | March 15, 2010 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX | March 15, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

I don't think you have to worry about that.

1) never happened

2) 99.99% of all other brackets would be in similar shape as yours.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | March 15, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

I've been monitoring these threads.

and still *heart* RedDMV

Posted by: Chia_Pet | March 15, 2010 4:34 PM | Report abuse

I'd rather the Skins acquire Rex Grossman than Chris Simms.

Posted by: coparker5 | March 15, 2010 4:35 PM | Report abuse

You should see Pine Bluff, Wyoming.

There is one cop and he carries a single bullet in his shirt pocket.

OK not really, but it is freaking small.

Posted by: CheyenneWY | March 15, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

4-12, I think it's the College Basketball Invitational (CBI), something like that. Apparently Oregon State won it last year after slouching in with a 13-17 record, and they're back in it this year with a slightly better 14-17 record. It has the unfortunate stigma of being a "pay to play" tournament.

Not to be confused with the Collegeinsiders.com Invitational Tournament (CIT), which I didn't know existed until I went looking for that other tournament.

Neither of these tournaments seem to have interactive brackets on espn, for some reason. But like football bowl games played around Christmas time, these tournaments do make me wonder what the friggin' point is, anyway.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | March 15, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

CBI..College Basketball Invitational. That's the shabingus tourney I couldn't remember.

Posted by: 4-12 | March 15, 2010 4:37 PM | Report abuse

flound thanks for the post...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 15, 2010 4:15 PM |

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 15, 2010 4:21 PM

You two guys are opposites!

Flounder -- copy and paste with the best of them.

BeantownGreg -- copy and paste with the worst of them.

Posted by: League-Source | March 15, 2010 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX | March 15, 2010 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Update for dcsween:

Chiefs checking out Lilja
Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2010 3:58 PM ET
The Kansas City Chiefs, still struggling to turn around a franchise that has of late been in shambles, are in the process of checking out whether another team's trash might turn into treasure.

Per multiple reports, the Chiefs are hosting former Colts guard Ryan Lilja today.

Lilja, a five-year veteran, started every game in 2009 after missing all of 2008 due to injury, after starting every game in 2007. He also started several games in 2006, including Super Bowl XLI.

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 15, 2010 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Florio says Ryan Lilja (recently ex-Colt guard) is visiting in Kansas City. What does KC have that DC doesn't have (other than outstanding steaks at super affordable prices)?

Posted by: dcsween | March 15, 2010 4:40 PM | Report abuse

How about a double post to go along with my UAPB thing... I Micheal Wolgenheimered myself... F me...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | March 15, 2010 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Having a dumb day am I. Thanks, cold medicine!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | March 15, 2010 4:46 PM | Report abuse

"What does KC have that DC doesn't have (other than outstanding steaks at super affordable prices)?

Posted by: dcsween"

A vacant left guard starting spot.

Plus Lilja's a born and raised Kansas Citian.

Posted by: psps23 | March 15, 2010 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | March 15, 2010 4:40 PM

More chances to play Indy (by being in the same conference)....

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 15, 2010 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | March 15, 2010 4:40 PM

dcsween forgot that KC=BBQ? dcsween? Must have taken a double dose of nate's cold meds.

Posted by: League-Source | March 15, 2010 4:50 PM | Report abuse

I'd rather the Skins acquire Rex Grossman than Chris Simms.

Posted by: coparker5 | March 15, 2010 4:35 PM

I'd rather the Skins acquire a corpse with a spring loaded arm than Chris Simms.

Posted by: dcsween | March 15, 2010 4:51 PM | Report abuse

KC also has a restaurant called "wine 'em dine 'em 69 'em" thanks to Jared Allen... just saying.

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Big Ben again??? Yikes...who cares...let's see the process through...we certainly don't tomes of peoplearestoopid opining about it.....dullsville!

Oh and NCAA BB Tourney going to 96 teams is straight trat. And yes I will be doing bracket so I can AGAIN show my sports mastery over 4th! Just need to digest a bit first..

Go hOYAS!

Posted by: chrislarry | March 15, 2010 4:52 PM | Report abuse

dam I suck at typing...let me try again:

"

Big Ben again??? Yikes...who cares...let's see the process through...we certainly don't NEED tomes of peoplearestoopid opining about it.....dullsville!

Oh and NCAA BB Tourney going to 96 teams is straight TART. And yes I will be doing bracket so I can AGAIN show my sports mastery over 4th! Just need to digest a bit first..

Go Hoyas!"

Posted by: chrislarry | March 15, 2010 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Oh and NCAA BB Tourney going to 96 teams is straight trat...
Posted by: chrislarry | March 15, 2010 4:52 PM | Report abuse

First it's 'tard', then 'tart' and now 'trat'?

All these typos are strait turd if you ask me.

Posted by: Original_etrod | March 15, 2010 4:56 PM | Report abuse

nvm... looks like his restaurant closed down when he was traded to the Vikings... too bad I would have loved to eat at such a classy sounding establishment...

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 4:58 PM | Report abuse

agreed etrod....F me!

Posted by: chrislarry | March 15, 2010 4:58 PM | Report abuse

5 Crappiest RI Topics Ever

1) aircraft carrier humanitarian missions
2) Ben-Roeth-is-a-jerk internet stories
3) Cork's politics
4) Megan Fox's thumb
5) Betts for a 3rd round pick

Posted by: p1funk | March 15, 2010 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Self-medicating AGAIN Nate?

Posted by: _Stumped_ | March 15, 2010 5:02 PM | Report abuse

I would have loved to eat at such a classy sounding establishment...

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 4:58 PM |

"Hey, honey, you want to eat out tonight?"

Posted by: League-Source | March 15, 2010 5:02 PM | Report abuse

Diesel44 and PardenMiSwage (if that is your real name), thanks for joining the group I set up, but as I mentioned above I had "user error" in thinking I couldn't join 4th's bracket pool. So if you want to mix it up with everybody, be sure to join 4th's group as well:

***BRACKET TIIIIIME***

Group Name: RI Hamster Nation
Group Creator: 4thFloor
Group Motto: "We don't let facts get in the way....."
Group Password (Password): ita

Posted by: NateinthePDX | March 15, 2010 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Derek Anderson..Spaz Not the Odiferous Simms or Rex? Gross, man..He's got mungus feet and dates Playboy bunnies (you know what they say, big feet: big shoes)..A Pro Bowl with the BROWNS, fer cryin' out loud, better than we've had here for a coupla decades...

Posted by: frak | March 15, 2010 5:04 PM | Report abuse

BRing it!

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 15, 2010 5:04 PM | Report abuse

F the hOYAS...They're going down! bOBCATS win. Bracket book it!

Posted by: 4-12 | March 15, 2010 5:07 PM | Report abuse

First it's 'tard', then 'tart' and now 'trat'?

Posted by: Original_etrod | March 15, 2010 4:56 PM

English is evolving. Within a week it will be 'etrod'.

Posted by: League-Source | March 15, 2010 5:07 PM | Report abuse

Wow, P1 i'm honored... my Big Bens a jerk story made #4 after only 2 days of talking about it... wow... too bad i promised not to bring it up again... i would love to move that up to #1.

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Always self-medicating, Stumped, not that it ever helps...

There was a time, and not so long ago, when you could say "Kansas City" up here and elicit a response from the nice lady who runs this joint, who hails from that estimable burg. I miss that time.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | March 15, 2010 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Ovie suspended 2 games. Wow NHL..Just wow.

Posted by: 4-12 | March 15, 2010 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Stupid or not, I rather liked the idea of loading up a decommissioned aircraft carrier with clothes, medicine or whatever and sailing it round the world doing good deeds. That was the gist of the idea, right?

Looks like we missed out on this one, but there will surely be more chances:

Posted by: NateinthePDX | March 15, 2010 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Since we're still on Larry Foote watch,am I the only cat that thinks that Pacquiao will destroy Mayweather?

Posted by: smittdiddy | March 15, 2010 5:26 PM | Report abuse

Yes. Unfortunately, the blog has become a rather mean-spirited place, like some reality show gone bad.

I'm at risk of becoming a hater hater. Trying not to be that way, maybe I can become a mime instead, or better yet a meta-mime!

(not sure exactly what that is, but it's gotta be better)

Posted by: _Stumped_ | March 15, 2010 5:32 PM | Report abuse

The 49ers sign David Carr to push Alex Smith. Watch the 49ers take the West from Arizona now. Cards are doomed with that left handed QB.

Posted by: diamond_jim | March 15, 2010 5:57 PM | Report abuse

Chris Simms could land in Washington
Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2010 5:50 PM ET
One of the benefits of following the NFL on an obsessive-compulsive basis is that it becomes fairly easy to connect dots between players and coaches.

Especially when the connections are fairly obvious.

Often, those connections come to fruition. On other occasions, they don't.

But since we're aware of no other player and coach who have their initials tattooed on each other's legs, we're inclined to believe that Redskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan will be making a pitch for his team to give free-agent quarterback Chris Simms a look-see.

"We're best friends, and we'll be best friends for life," Simms told John McClain of the Houston Chronicle in 2006. "We hit it off from day one. We had a common bond in that our fathers have been such a big part of the NFL for a long time."

Simms' dad is former Giants quarterback Phil. Shanahan's dad is former Broncos coach and current Redskins coach Mike. And since Kyle Shanahan's dad is also his boss, it could be a fairly easy sell.

The Redskins currently have only two quarterbacks on the roster -- Jason Campbell and Colt Brennan. They reportedly are interested in Rex Grossman, but they have not yet moved on him.

Last year, Simms was a free agent, but Kyle Shanahan's former team didn't make a play for him, signing Grossman instead.

Then again, it might not be a good idea for Simms and Shanahan to work together. The NFL entails plenty of stress, and if things end poorly we'd hate to see either guy have to get his tattoo removed.

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 15, 2010 5:57 PM | Report abuse

I heard OVie got suspended two games.

A bit of a joke really. Funny thing is that the Caps were set to play Florida. The guy that decides the punishments...Colin Campbell.

Who does Colin campbell's son play for...Florida

Way to go

Posted by: CheyenneWY | March 15, 2010 5:58 PM | Report abuse

English is evolving. Within a week it will be 'etrod'.

Posted by: League-Source | March 15, 2010 5:07 PM | Report abuse

Ha. I'm a pioneer!

Posted by: Original_etrod | March 15, 2010 6:04 PM | Report abuse

Ha. I'm a pioneer!

Posted by: Original_etrod | March 15, 2010 6:04 PM

You were. Soon you're be a re-trod.

Posted by: League-Source | March 15, 2010 6:07 PM | Report abuse

I heard OVie got suspended two games.

A bit of a joke really.

Posted by: CheyenneWY | March 15, 2010 5:58 PM

I don't get it. Can you explain the joke? He slammed the guy into the boards from behind and broke his shoulder. The guy's likely out for the season. How is this funny?

Posted by: League-Source | March 15, 2010 6:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Nothing will ever eclipse the stupidity of the 2-day long debate on transforming aircraft carriers into humanitarian rescue boats.

Ever.

The Big Ben crap got #2 largely b/c this is a Skins blog, and so who really cares, and it's alrady preatty evident that Roeth is a crap-for-brains moron who likes to crash motorcycles without a helmet and molest 20 year old girls.

End of story.

Posted by: p1funk | March 15, 2010 6:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 15, 2010 5:57 PM

Current Roster
QBs- Campbell, Brennan, Bartel
RBs- Portis, LJ, Aldridge, PJ Hill

They definitely need to add a veteran QB, just not a lot to choose from, I guess either Grossman or Simms would do.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 15, 2010 6:35 PM | Report abuse

Source: Roethlisberger's Arnold Palmer rumors are false
Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2010 6:31 PM ET

With rampant rumors making the rounds regarding some type of an unpleasant exchange between Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and gold legend Arnold Palmer, a source close to Roethlisberger says that the rumors "couldn't be further from the truth."

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 15, 2010 6:37 PM | Report abuse

First I hope we don't give Chris Simms the time of day, he is garbage, and nobody cares if he and K.Shanahan are best friends, friendship shouldn't trump ability.

Until free agency I never even heard of Larry Foote, so obviously he's not a star or somebody we're suppose to be losing sleep over. He signed with Pittsburgh. Good, now to hell with Larry Feet, Foots, or whoever the hell he is.

Posted by: 72Redskins | March 15, 2010 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Funny thing... a source close to Roethlisberger... I'd like to hear Palmer say they "couldn't be further from the truth"

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 15, 2010 6:42 PM | Report abuse

"Florio obviously isn't aware of QB Richard Bartel. Just like those who keep mentioning Quinton Ganther.

Current Roster
QBs- Campbell, Brennan, Bartel"
RBs- Portis, LJ, Aldridge, PJ Hill"

How come Gather is still listed on the roster?? What, are you some kinda undercover Cardinals lesbo out to spew seeds of confusion??

Posted by: frak | March 15, 2010 6:46 PM | Report abuse

Allen should be able to sign Andra Davis for less money than Larry Foote - neither are long term answers. Davis would help ease the transition to the 3-4.

Posted by: coparker5 | March 15, 2010 6:46 PM | Report abuse

Current Roster
QBs- Campbell, Brennan, Bartel"
RBs- Portis, LJ, Aldridge, PJ Hill"

Posted by: frak | March 15, 2010 6:46 PM

They also have Levi Jones and Yoder on the roster. Relying on Redskins.com to be up to date is like coming to RI for breaking news.

If you want an updated roster please use this one.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 15, 2010 7:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 15, 2010 7:05 PM | Report abuse

If you want an updated roster please use this one.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 15, 2010 7:01 PM |

Funny thing is they had the cuts up immediately. Also for 72skins, really? You've never heard of Larry Foote before all this? He's been pretty good (not great) for a while. He was just about the only worthwhile LB on Detroit last year. Not sure why they wouldn't resign him.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 15, 2010 7:08 PM | Report abuse

Washingtonredskins.com asleep at the wheel like an organization we all know and love..The Septic Corrosion of the Snyvilization Palace...

Posted by: frak | March 15, 2010 7:23 PM | Report abuse

I'm just laughing at the fact that people are on here commenting of stuff other than football, let alone FOOTE. I agree who cares about this. Obviously Detroit didn't want him back. If you're a LB that can only thrive in one system and not the other you're not worth a damn.....sorry Ray Lewis.

Posted by: jmac67 | March 15, 2010 7:24 PM | Report abuse

Jesus H Christ are you telling me that the Larry Foote post is still here, Wapo your some lazy M-F-ers.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 15, 2010 7:39 PM | Report abuse

Ganther's gettine a look see:

Seahawks taking a look at Redskins' running back

Running back Quinton Ganther, who started two games for the Washington Redskins last season, will visit with Seattle Seahawks management on Wednesday as the team continues looking at possible free-agent additions.

The visit was confirmed by Ganther's agent, David Canter, on his Twitter account.

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 15, 2010 7:51 PM | Report abuse

Been done before: The Crimson Permanent Assurance
At least the idea seems similar.

Posted by: daggar | March 15, 2010 7:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | March 15, 2010 6:13 PM

I saw it when it happened and it looked like a garden variety hard check. I thought the penalty during the game was a bit harsh. He's being punished for the result more than the action. The NHL is so hypocritical. They let guys assault each other with fists but suspend a guy two games for a hard check.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | March 15, 2010 8:07 PM | Report abuse

Ask someone who plays hockey. There are things you just don't do on the ice because you're playing on ice.
When you get to that level, you know exactly what you're doing, and when you do it anyway, there are consequences.

Posted by: daggar | March 15, 2010 8:24 PM | Report abuse

One time, at a Redskins game....

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | March 15, 2010 9:05 PM | Report abuse

Jerry Jones' company sued in fraud case
Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2010 8:27 PM ET
A company owned by Cowboys owner Jerry Jones recently was named as a defendant in a securities fraud lawsuit. Specifically, Blue Star Oil and Gas is accused of aiding and abetting an alleged $15 million securities fraud currently under investigation by federal authorities, according to the Associated Press.

The suit seeks to recover $1.8 million that Jones' company earned by doing business with James Gurgainers, who allegedly defrauded investors out of $12 million. Jones' company allegedly knew that Gurgainers was luring investors by touting his connection to Jones and promising returns that never were delivered.

Cowboys spokesman Rich Dalrymple had no comment on the matter. Though the case has no connection to the Cowboys, the fact that Jones owns both entities makes coverage of the situation fair game.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 15, 2010 9:05 PM | Report abuse

Self-medicating AGAIN Nate?

Posted by: _Stumped_

Peyton, don't say that like it's a bad thing, ok?

Posted by: RedskinWillie | March 15, 2010 9:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: smittdiddy | March 15, 2010 5:26 PM | Report abuse

Nah, I think there are 150 million Filipino's who are right there with you.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | March 15, 2010 9:48 PM | Report abuse

He's 31 years old, had 3 ints and a FF last year. Any takers?

============================

Seahawk dump Deon Grant, Darryl Tapp signs tender
Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2010 9:27 PM ET
At a time when the Seattle Seahawks have been exploring the possibility of forking over some big money to players from other teams, they have decided not to fork over any further money to one of the free agents they signed in a prior year.

Gone is safety Grant, the team announced on Monday. Per Greg Johns of SeattlePI.com, Grant was due to earn $17 million in nonguaranteed salary over the next three years, starting with $4 million in 2010.

=============================

27 OURLADS 75.7 70 81 76
28 NEW ERA SCOUTING 74.7 70 73 81
29 SCOUT.com 74.7 68 77 79
30 COUCH SCOUT 74.3 73 74 76
31 THE SPORTING NEWS DRAFT GUIDE 72.3 67 73 77
32 DRAFT STOCK 67.7 64 71 68

for all those how keep using kiper/mcs as gurus for the draft, might want to check some other sites.

Posted by: HPYTRKR1 | March 15, 2010 10:07 PM | Report abuse

He's 31 years old, had 3 ints and a FF last year. Any takers?

============================

Seahawk dump Deon Grant, Darryl Tapp signs tender
Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2010 9:27 PM ET

=============================

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 15, 2010 9:59 PM | Report abuse

I had a couple of french fries last year also. Actually, he's started 16 games each year for the last 9 years, never missing a start. But we don't need a SS, we need a FS so we can get LL back to his natural position. Not sure we want to bite on him.

Posted by: frediefritz | March 15, 2010 10:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: HPYTRKR1 | March 15, 2010 10:07 PM | Report abuse
Where do you come up with these stats, HPYTR? And what are the percentages of? First 5 picks, first 10, first round?

Posted by: frediefritz | March 15, 2010 10:12 PM | Report abuse

its a pretty intersting site for how the (sic) gurus have done for past 3 years.

Posted by: HPYTRKR1 | March 15, 2010 10:22 PM | Report abuse

What a difference a year makes..excerpt from Hogs Haven

Redskins First Team Activities Begin Today; What Players Will Skip?
by KevinE on Mar 15, 2010 1:00 AM EDT in Analysis 59 comments

The saying "Hindsight is 20/20" has never been more true then when it comes to the Jim Zorn era. It's well known that Shanahan expects FULL attendance for today's first team activities, the off-season conditioning program. The tone at Redskins Park is a vast difference than last year and players certainly have to think twice about not showing up (figuring 10 teammates were just cut, including team captain Rock Cartwright and locker room leaders Antwaan Randle El and Randy Thomas). Here are some quotes from Jim Zorn about this time last year:

"I talked to London today, but I couldn't get a hold of anyone else," Coach Jim Zorn said. "We'll run them down and see what they're doing...They know that OTAs are today and this week and next week. Everybody has a plan about it, I'm sure, but I'm not concerned that, 'Oh, my gosh, there's a problem here.' "

"[Carlos Rogers] was one of the surprises," Zorn said. "I don't know if he has something going on because he doesn't miss. I'll have to research that and see what's cooking."

Wow...how was that not a red flag?

Posted by: TWISI | March 15, 2010 10:22 PM | Report abuse

That list is from the top 100 list, also have access to the mock draft scoring, but i think it gives u the idea how people actually do from year to year.

Posted by: HPYTRKR1 | March 15, 2010 10:24 PM | Report abuse

Doh, my eyes are failing me fredie, thought I was uncovering a FS. Can't even blame it on self medication.

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 15, 2010 10:27 PM | Report abuse

"Guess Who's Back" - Jay-Z, Beanie Sigel, and Scarface

And a lesser known Kanye West on the beat and hook.

Classic beast track.

Posted by: RedDMV | March 15, 2010 10:29 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 15, 2010 10:45 PM | Report abuse

You, know, every time I have fond feelings about the justifiably short lived Jim Zorn era, something like this catches my eye, and I realize just how happy I am that Zorn is gone. I hate to say bad things about people I don't really know, but my gosh...

(Thanks to TWISI for the quote)

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | March 15, 2010 10:53 PM | Report abuse

Scamp75-
Yep, as much as I follow pro football I can't recall ever hearing the name Larry Foote. As you say yourself, he's a servicable LB who, like other mediocre NFL players who aren't stars and household names, toil in anonymaty.

Posted by: 72Redskins | March 15, 2010 11:06 PM | Report abuse

Scamp75-

Posted by: 72Redskins | March 15, 2010 11:06 PM | Report abuse

Larry...

The Steelers aren't the Cardinals and that's where you wanted to be at, remember?

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | March 16, 2010 9:00 AM | Report abuse

The new year approaching, click in. Let's facelift bar!
====== http://elurl.com/atn =====