McIntosh skips Redskins' minicamp, hints at possibility of trade

Linebacker Rocky McIntosh, who has expressed frustration about his contract situation, said Friday he will not attend this weekend's voluntary minicamp and intimated the Redskins might trade him soon.

Contacted by phone at home Friday morning while the Redskins' first practice under Coach Mike Shanahan was underway at Redskins Park, McIntosh said he was not upset with the coaching staff, adding "but I've got to do what I've got to do."

"I'm just chillin'. I respect their decision and I'm not upset at the coaches or anybody. There's nothing I can do about that now. Whatever happens, happens."

Asked whether he has requested a trade, McIntosh paused and chuckled for a few seconds before responding. "Ah, that's between me and them," he said. "I'm going to keep that private. You can probably answer that better than I can. Let's just say I hope the situation will be resolved soon."

McIntosh is one of many restricted free agents who would have been unrestricted in a "normal" year. But under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement for the uncapped 2010 season, McIntosh, cornerback Carlos Rogers and quarterback Jason Campbell, among others, remained under the Redskins' control as long as the team made qualifying tender offers to retain right of first refusal. (Rogers reported for the start of minicamp. Campbell is out of town.)

The Redskins on March 3 offered McIntosh a second-round tender, meaning they would receive a second-round pick as draft compensation for McIntosh if he signed with another team until Thursday's deadline. First, however, McIntosh had to sign the one-year, $1.759-million contract that would only become guaranteed if McIntosh suffered a season-ending injury during the offseason or if he were on the 53-man roster for the season opener. He has not signed the contract.

But after having the best season of his career in 2009, McIntosh believes he deserves a multiyear deal. "I just want what's fair," McIntosh said. "I'm definitely not at the end of my career. I would love to stay here.

"And I would love to be in camp right now, but they've got to take care of the other part of it and get me in. I'm just trying to do what's fair."

Despite skipping the first of Washington's three minicamps, McIntosh, if he remains with the team, would not be far behind his teammates in learning defensive coordinator Jim Haslett's 3-4 scheme, he said.

"The system is not that complicated," McIntosh said. "It's not that hard. It's just a different variation of what we did when we blitzed a lot [under defensive coordinator Gregg Williams from 2004-07]. It's kind of an under front. But it's pretty simple."

If things can be worked out with the Redskins, McIntosh would be pleased, he said. But he would be fine if he had to go elsewhere to get what he believes he deserves based on his performance and dedication to the Redskins these past four seasons.

When asked about the possibility of receiving an extension offer from the Redskins, McIntosh chuckled again. "I don't know about that," he said. "But I think we're close to finding a resolution."

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

By Jason Reid  |  April 16, 2010; 11:55 AM ET
Categories:  Free agency , Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Defensive lineman Kedric Golston signs new contract with Redskins
Next: With Redskins trades possibly looming, Draft week figures to be a wild one

Comments

Delusional. If you were any good, you would get an offer. Wish we had more draft picks to be able to replace a dime a dozen LB like this.

Posted by: ToddStinkston | April 16, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Happy Friday, everyone!

Posted by: Markin21132 | April 16, 2010 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: flyingtrees | April 16, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

No! No racism exists in teabag land. Why do you types always get so hot and bothered at the mere suggestion of racism or an existing double standard??

Posted by: flyingtrees | April 16, 2010 11:54 AM

Because "you types" only speak out against racism when it affects a "certain" group, but shut your pie-holes when it affects "other" groups who are victims of racism.

Be a little consistent and you'll be taken more seriously; from me at least.

Posted by: Vicc | April 16, 2010 12:10 PM | Report abuse

If we let Rocky get away for less than a 3rd round pick, or a starting caliber player, that would be the first offseason move that I disagree with. Rocky is one of the LB's that would start under our new scheme, and he's young. No point in letting him walk.

Posted by: MadeRED | April 16, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

I just lost all respect for McIntosh....fock him, and i'll be glad when he's gone. What these dumb azz players dont' understand, is that if they want to be mad with someone about the current contract status, it should be their own Labor Union not the Redskins. The Redskins are just following the system that's laid out for them by the Collective Bargaining Agreement.....McIntosh can take his Greedy Gimpy Azz and move on down the line.......good bye, and good riddance you greedy azz punk!!!!

Posted by: frmi | April 16, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Love the Ron BVurgundy quotes.

I had two t shirts made from snorg tees.

The first was San Diego, Which of course in German means a Whale Vagina - with a pic of Cali and an Icon form SD.

Then I got my wife a shirt that says

Tits McGee... she has yet to wear it.

Posted by: Zeebs | April 16, 2010 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Zeebs | April 16, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

I have to admit, I didn't see Rocky becoming a speed bump.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 16, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

These players want the moon and usually get it when they negotiate the CBA, then won't even abide by it. They complain loud and long when mgt uses what little leverage they have. If this guy, and "Drop 22" as well, were as good as they think they are, why arn't other teams interested in them. You couldn't get a ham sandwich for either of them.

Posted by: lp_lodestar | April 16, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Makes me wish even more they had traded that guy for Lance Briggs a few years ago.

Good job once again Vinny!

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | April 16, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

**Re-post**

Posted by: Vicc | April 16, 2010 12:09 PM

debating racist remarks with racist remarks = power rankings

Damn, can we all just go back to talking about what a sh*t stain 'The Three Rivers Rapist' is?

You know what, screw it.

It be lunch time!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They should get at least a 4th for McIntosh.

Posted by: RedDMV | April 16, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

BFD. I'm sure we can find another linebacker on the market to not make plays...

Posted by: Scoonie97 | April 16, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

"Although quarterback Jason Campbell declined to attend the voluntary minicamp, he has studied the plays the offense will run throughout the three-day session that is scheduled to begin around 10 a.m. today at Redskins Park, two people familiar with the situation said late Thursday night." REDSKIN INSIDER

Smart move. Should enhance his trade value to any team that plays the 'skins this year.

Posted by: TheCork | April 16, 2010 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ToddStinkston

I suggest then you offer your dime to buy a dozen LBs, because the skins are a quart low.

They need four and he's (at worst) he's their third best. And in pass coverage, their best.

Posted by: TheCork | April 16, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

this is a shocker. I mean I knew he was bumbed but seems like an instance where both sides could use a little bit of the other sides POV.

Skins need to realize that Rocky has been a solid OLB for a few years and thats a nice thing to have around. Rocky needs to know that a new coach is not gonna commit to any players long term until he gets to know them.

If it were up to me I would negotiate a compromise of a 2-3 year deal designed to have no cap issues and be front loaded like Halls was this season.

Posted by: alex35332 | April 16, 2010 12:24 PM | Report abuse

You gotta feel sorry for Rocky Mac... who obviously values his play and contributions more highly than most others.

Some less advantaged folks like me would need to work 12-15 years to earn $1.7+ million... while poor Rocky just sits and pouts.

Hope he don't get punked out by his own vanity.

Posted by: Vic1 | April 16, 2010 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheCork | April 16, 2010 12:19 PM
==================
actually visiting his local Kinko's with the new playbook would be smarter.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 16, 2010 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Can anyone think of a season where Rocky Mac made alot of impact plays?

How about a game where he was a difference maker?

I can't think of any big plays, sacks, turnovers, TDs in the career of this guy.
Maybe one of my fellow hamsters can refresh my memory.

And I'm not saying you have to be a big flashy player to be good... London makes all the small plays and is one of the best in the league... but I just don't think Rocky is better than average.

I'd take a 3rd or 4th round pick for the guy.

Posted by: jgarrisn | April 16, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frmi | April 16, 2010 12:14 PM

Posted by: lp_lodestar | April 16, 2010 12:18 PM

Do you feel the same about AH missing voluntary activities? This was also bargained through the CBA.

Posted by: Curzon417 | April 16, 2010 12:28 PM | Report abuse

actually visiting his local Kinko's with the new playbook would be smarter.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 16, 2010 12:25 PM

except Shanahan gave him *this* copy:

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 16, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Thanks to Shanahan for turning on the light and exposing all the cockroaches. All the selfish and clueless players are on the way out.

Posted by: anacostia85 | April 16, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Yes Hater- (I mean HTTR) you were ascribed the correct noman clature I see.

Obviously detail and nuance escape you so I'll speak in small simple words so you can try and follow along next time.

Me thinks thou dost protest a bit too much...be-otch.

Posted by: flyingtrees | April 16, 2010 11:54 AM | Report abuse
___________

I have no idea why I'm trying to explain the reality of criminal prosection to someone who has no idea of what they're talking about, no real experience, is clearly not capable of understanding it, and appears to be racist themselves. Goodbye.

Posted by: skinsfan713 | April 16, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinsfan713 | April 16, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Hmmm, I used to like Rocky Mac but let's get a realistic impression of your value. You're middle of the road. Maybe slightly better. Take care of play on the field this year and you'll get taken care of. You're union voted in the CBA that got you to this point so talk to them about taking care of you. Other than that, STFU and get to work.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 16, 2010 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Someone should tell Rocky what mediocre means. But still you gotta feel bad for the guy, he stands to make only 1.8 Million this year. Im not sure he can even pay his rent with a lousy paycheck like that.

This is what happens when you get and organization addicted to money; they expect the big payday from snyder, and are upset when it doesn't happen.

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | April 16, 2010 12:32 PM | Report abuse

This is what happens when you get an organization addicted to money; they expect the big payday from snyder, and are upset when it doesn't happen.

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | April 16, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Only problem I have with getting rid of Rocky is that we do not really have a replacement for him. As it is, with Rocky, we are already kinda weak when it comes to LBS... espcially for a 3-4 team where you need about 6 or 7 lbs who can play to be successful...

If we lose Rocky, who steps in to play the other middle slot with Fletch? A 4th rounder type guy isn't going to be good enough to come in year 1 and do that successfully... and do we have anyone else on the roster who can do that?

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | April 16, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Rocky, is there a name besides your at the bottom of your rookie contract? I wish these dudes weren't such fags, I signed a contract with the navy that I outperformed 3 years ago, if the DoN wont negotiate a new contract for me, I'm gonna ask to be traded to the air force.

Posted by: AnthonyMix | April 16, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

So does anyone know if Hayney is in the house or not?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 16, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Let's tote up the board and see how Bruce Allen and Mike "Little Mary Sunshine" Shanahan are doing:

Haynesworth: Angry and skipping camp. Paid $31 mil. May be Untradeable.

Campbell: Skipping camp and may be untradeable

Rocky MacIntosh: Skipping camp and may be untradeable.

Carlos Rogers: Ticked off and still can't catch an Int.

Offensive line: Lost Chris Samuels and Randy Thomas. Added Artis Hicks.

Andre Coleman: Positionless

Lo Alexander: Do everything lineman is now a linebacker

LaRon Landry, still playing out of position.

Linebackers: Woefully short.

Nose Tackles: Achilles Heel and Camp Fodder. Fat Al not interested.

Draft Position: No second rounder, no third rounder. Looking at QBs.

Not to sound a discouraging word, but Hell, Vinny and Zorn could have done that,..

Posted by: TheCork | April 16, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Look, can we all just agree that Tea Parties are for little girls with imaginary friends and let it go?
They're a quasi domestic terrorist group created by the Republican party as a political ploy. They are merely the 'loud minority' in our politics and, like all ass clowns, should be ignored.

Posted by: jgarrisn | April 16, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Who yields the higher draft pick.. JC or RM?

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 16, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

actually visiting his local Kinko's with the new playbook would be smarter.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 16, 2010 12:25 PM

except Shanahan gave him *this* copy:

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 16, 2010 12:29 PM
================
that was funny and sad at the same time, thanks..

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 16, 2010 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Ill always like Rocky... Rocky met a girl from my high school somehow, I'm not really sure how but whatever thats not the point.. Shes a real attractive but skanky type of girl who thought that Rocky really liked her... he took her out on a couple of dates (chipotle and a movie haha) and she kept saying how much he liked her... so a couple of weeks went by and my friends and i asked her how things were going... she said that she hadn't heard from him in awhile and that after she blew him he never called her back haha...

skank.

Thus, I'll always like Rocky... however he does have to realize he really is a replaceable part. He's no Fletch or Orakpo and he should realize that if he shuts up and plays he will be taken care of.

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | April 16, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Who yields the higher draft pick.. JC or RM?

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 16, 2010 12:36 PM
================
what was mcintosh's pick? was he a 2nd round pick?
I'd say it depends on the team... Oakland is a little more motivated, today, versus a week ago, to give maybe a 3rd for JC.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 16, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: AnthonyMix

I was on a submarine(uss columbus) for 5 years AM. My command made the cover of navy times for our mistreatment of our own crew; 1/3 of the command left via court martial, being fired by squadron (all senior officers), and mental illness. This followed NCIS and FBI investigations for brutally attacking our own shipmates and threatening them with m16's/m-9's.

I feel yah dude.

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | April 16, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

flyingtrees;

see, the issue here is you use one example of a white guy getting off, and comparing it to other examples of black guys not getting off.

facts can lie when your judgment skews the evidence.

Someone mentioned Kobe, i will mention OJ. I could mention Rodney King's police officers for getting off, but also the Oakland traffic cop who shot that young guy in cold blood who did not get off.

It is akin to me looking at a sample of any race in america, finding the bad ones to support my racist agenda that they are bad while ignoring the ones who are not... just to make my point. that would be racists and plain stupid.

So, your view of who is prosecuted and who is not, looking for the one white guy let off and the 5 (or so) black guys not let off shows your skewed, and ultimately racist, view.

All that does is hinder any type of point you were trying to make.

Posted by: Zeebs | April 16, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Let's tote up the board and see how Bruce Allen and Mike "Little Mary Sunshine" Shanahan are doing...

Posted by: TheCork | April 16, 2010 12:34 PM

could make for a good four-man youth flag football team... we'll get to the real peewee leagues (pads & helmets!) eventually. just not this year. patience.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 16, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

wow,

so you mean rocky macintosh wants to get paid beacause he was loyal and he was commited to his job for the past 4 years.....

WHAT A CLOWN

HE DID WHAT HE WAS SUPPOSE TO DO!

THIS GUY IS AVG LINEBACKER

GET ALL OF THESE LOSERS OFF THE TEAM PLEASE

Posted by: ecartola | April 16, 2010 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Hope we can trade him for a solid O-lineman.

Posted by: shanks1 | April 16, 2010 12:44 PM | Report abuse

TheCork @ 12:34pm,

You forgot to mention Donovan McNabb. That's a lil encouraging isn't it?

I don't get the "Little Mary Sunshine" thingy, but Mike S. is also a lil more encouraging than Jim Z. isn't it?

Don't get me started on the effects of Greg Bland NOT running our defense either. Prolly the best move the 'Skin coulda hoped for.

Posted by: Vicc | April 16, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Don't be surprised if McIntosh is traded to the Saints in a deal that would bring Jamaal Brown to the Redskins.

Posted by: dfbovey | April 16, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Loosing Rocky Mac isn't the end of the world. I had reservations about his long term prospects given his degenerative knee condition. He was decent, but not a game changer. For a high second round pick, he worked out just ok.

I am more concerned about losing guys like Rocky Mac while not having a second or third rounder to use to bring in new bodies. the puts us back on the FA treadmill.

If we can get a 3rd or early 4th for him - great. Maybe we can package him and JC for something better. Need more top 100 picks.

Posted by: edvar | April 16, 2010 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dfbovey | April 16, 2010 12:45 PM

`

You'd be the only one(including 'Skins and Saints fans)

I know he missed all of last year, but teams just don't give up a talented LT often.

(interesting the Saints played with a back-up LT all season)

(Yea, I know; I couldn't resist--*wink*)

Posted by: Vicc | April 16, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Good for him. But I wonder if the thought of giving money back occurred to him when he was having crap years and having knee problems.

Posted by: tundey | April 16, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jgarrisn

It was discovered they're paid by the oil companies...Standard issue old school hoolies wrapped in the flag doin' dirty deeds for the Man..

What's Marcus Washington up to these days??

And, on a lighter note, I dreamt I was running drugs through the Columbian jungle with Angelina Jolie last night..We had some food for the poor but I ate it all..We made insane coke-covered sex in the brush..I think I might be Republican...

Posted by: frak | April 16, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vicc | April 16, 2010 12:09 PM

debating racist remarks with racist remarks = power rankings

You know what, screw it.

It be lunch time!

They should get at least a 4th for McIntosh.

Posted by: RedDMV | April 16, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

(R.DMV)I agree with you, "flyingtrees" & "Vicc" was "debating racist remarks with racist remarks". but it troubles me why you only singled out one racist(Vicc)? If I dont get a reply then ill understand why. racism + racism + racism = racsimx3. you see how that works

Posted by: casavaLeafs | April 16, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

facts can lie when your judgment skews the evidence.

All that does is hinder any type of point you were trying to make.

Posted by: Zeebs | April 16, 2010 12:42 PM
===================================================================
given the constant headlines the last few days about Big Ben... It may be good timing for Chad "its not delivery" Rinehart to clear the air with Shanny's office about his late night encounter with a Iowa state rent-a-cop.
Certainly puts it in its proper perspective...um lets see "Pizza at 2 am" or "alleged assault of an underage girl"?

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 16, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Plus, the big risk with him is his knee(s)……he should be willing to sign a “rich” deal that would require him to pay some money back if he gets injured. But I don’t see that happening.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | April 16, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Enjoy all your money in Oakland, Rock.....you pathetic loser!

Posted by: hoosit | April 16, 2010 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dfbovey | April 16, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

------------------------

Excellent post and a real possibility

Remember--the skins WILL pick clausen @ #4

Posted by: byrdinthesky | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

I would not lose any sleep if Rocky left, but I also wouldn't mind if we signed him to a multi-year deal. He's just an adequate starter, nothing more, nothing less.

Posted by: bogardp | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

take your racism crap to some political blog where people care and keep this blog about sports

Posted by: bestmick1 | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

@ Zeebs

Fact not fiction:
NBA = THUG WANNABE'S
NFL = THUG WANNABE'S

Posted by: hessone | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: casavaLeafs

No not really.

1) Maybe you should check the last thread, hero. I DID respond to flyingtrees, and I responded to flyingtrees FIRST! I suggested that he scale back his emotions and go outside and enjoy some of this BEAU-tiff-full weather today.

2) Just because I don't answer your post doesn't mean that I'm running from you. Could be that I'm actually doing some work for a change, or I just simply, unintentionally, skipped over your post.

Understand now?

idiot + idiot + idiot ≡ asshat

See how that works?

Posted by: RedDMV | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

"I know this is a voluntary mini-camp, but to me this essentially boils down to him being a “hold out” for more money. Let’s see what happens if the mandatory mini camp rolls around and he hasn’t gotten a better contract."

I'm done with personalizing players' issues as what I see is that the team may have some creative cards up its sleeve they it will display come draft time.

I more interested in FO moves than a dude beefing about his check, right now.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

To me, this is part of the issue with Shanahan running everything. He's a brilliant coach and I wish that was his only job.

But he's got to try to get people into camp while concurrently trying to resolve contracts and looking at trades and draft options.

Lots of people have had coach/GM roles. Few have done both jobs well.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

who broke the blog?!

Too bad about loosin' Rocky. But there are bigger things to be worried about.

Posted by: DikShuttle | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Poor Rocky -- $1.8M isn't enough for him. Poor guy.

He's not a great fit for a 3-4 anyway -- trade him for the best draft choice they can get and move on without the malcontent.

Redskins should have a full complement of draft choices. They should be receiving draft choices for Fat Albert, Jason, Rocky, and maybe another player or two.

Posted by: dwill2 | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

is this thing working?

Posted by: Skins930 | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Rocky is a superb LB, a 2nd round pick that worked out well. You want "impact plays" but fail to see that every tackle is an impact play.

His agent is telling him to hold out because he thinks THEY can get more money that way. It's a f-d up year because of the CBA. Hope he can look past the horrible unfairness of just 1.7 million to play sports for a year but we shall see.

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

@ Zeebs

Fact not fiction:
NBA = THUG WANNABE'S
NFL = THUG WANNABE'S

Carrying an unloaded gun, what a dumb WANNABE THUG. HA HA HA!

Posted by: hessone | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: casavaLeafs

No not really.

Understand now?

idiot + idiot + idiot ≡ asshat

See how that works?

Posted by: RedDMV | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Tedd Ginn to the 49ers for a late round pick....where is RC when you need him??

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Lots of people have had coach/GM roles. Few have done both jobs well.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Is this thing on?

Posted by: Vicc | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Can we agree not to use this expression any more? It is used more than "Campbell apologist", "Campbell hater" and "According to PFT..." combined.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | April 16, 2010 9:53 AM

My bad...I'll try to use some of the stuff I got from "Anchorman"...how about:

"Great Oden's Raven!"

"By the beard of Thor!"

Better?

Posted by: brownwood26 | April 16, 2010 10:27 AM
------------------------------------------
Much fresher.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Can someone help me out with this question? I'm guessing we can put any kind of franchise tag on players since it's a uncapped year?

We put a first rounder on JC and second on Rocky etc. etc...

Why did we put such a high offer on JC? Why don't we cut our loses and make it a second rounder or even third? Lets try and get something for him.. What happens next year, if they are still with the team? Can we do the same year after year or do these players get to leave for nothing or does it depend if its an uncapped year again.

Posted by: wizardman | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Rocky's negotiating strategy is flawed and shows he really doesn't want to play for the Skins. He obviously thinks that by holding out he can either get the team to trade him or negotiate a long term contract.

The problem is the new coaching staff and management don't know if he fits their scheme, haven't seen him play in person, and don't see any commitment from him to learn it...

I'd try to trade him, but he just lowered the price with this move. So if the Skins can't receive any value for him, then they should cut him at end of camp. The Skins have a decent group of 3/4 OLB's amongst Carter, Orakpo, Jarmon, Jackson, and Wilson. If Rocky's lucky another team will sign him for the vet min after he's cut.

Posted by: siris | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

flyingtrees;

facts can lie when your judgment skews the evidence.

All that does is hinder any type of point you were trying to make.

Posted by: Zeebs | April 16, 2010 12:42 PM |

Great post.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frak | April 16, 2010 12:56 PM
------------------------------------------
No, no... I would stick with your first impulse and label yourself a nutcase.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

flyingtrees;

facts can lie when your judgment skews the evidence.

All that does is hinder any type of point you were trying to make.

Posted by: Zeebs | April 16, 2010 12:42 PM |

Great post.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

@ Zeebs

Fact not fiction:
NBA = THUG WANNABE'S
NFL = THUG WANNABE'S

Carrying an unloaded gun, what a dumb WANNABE THUG. HA HA HA!

Posted by: hessone | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Curzon417 | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Don't tread on me.

I eat pieces of cassava leaves like you for breakfast!

cassava leaves > collard greens (Book IT)

Ziya-po my fren'

Posted by: Vicc | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Curzon417 | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

is this thing working?

Posted by: Skins930 | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

flyingtrees;

facts can lie when your judgment skews the evidence.

All that does is hinder any type of point you were trying to make.

Posted by: Zeebs | April 16, 2010 12:42 PM |

Great post.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: flyingtrees | April 16, 2010 11:54 AM | Report abuse

You types? By that do you mean non-racists or are you just continuing to project your inner racist? LOL! Nice job, hypocrite. Way to show your true colors. I'm actually of mixed race so please take your lame justification for unwarranted and unsolicited racist comments elsewhere. Not all minorities are like you. Besides, it's not about a "mere suggestion" of racism or double standard we're talking about here, it's YOU trying to create a racist issue where one does not factually exist. You need to STFU, you are clearly the biggest hater of them all!

And yes, please "speak in small simple words" so I can try to follow along with your eloquent vernacular. By the way, is "noman clature" english or are you simply speaking in hater-ese?

Red is right, it's too nice of a day to spend it on RI when not much is going on, particularly wasting it on a trouble-stirring d-bag like you (sorry RI, one of my pet peeves is a$$clowns like this trying to stir the pot with bogus racist accusations). I'm off to play golf (that's right, I work for the Govt!)

Me! I mean, HTTR!

Posted by: HTTR | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: siris | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

flyingtrees;

facts can lie when your judgment skews the evidence.

All that does is hinder any type of point you were trying to make.

Posted by: Zeebs | April 16, 2010 12:42 PM |

Great post.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: siris | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Who yields the higher draft pick.. JC or RM?

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 16, 2010 12:36 PM
================
what was mcintosh's pick? was he a 2nd round pick?

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 16, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

He was a 2nd rounder from the "U".. I think we can get more for JC, hopefully a 3rd, and a 4th or 5th for Rocky.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

The Eagles could use Rocky.

Posted by: skinfanman | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

McIntosh is a decent linebacker. I think he's been a good player for the Redskins, but it is a topic for debate as to his ability to be a 3-4 linebacker. I wouldn't throw him under the bus because he wants to get paid - especially when there are other guys walking around who do less and get paid more. I hope it works out for him. I am sure a team like Indy, where the backers are smaller and faster, would love to have him.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

don't tread on me

I eat pieces of cassava leaves like you for breakfast!

I cook my eggs in palm oil, beware or I'll 'Castor Troy' YOU, I'd rearrange yo facesk, but the bullets do that for YOU.

4real tho: cassava leaves > collard greens (Book IT)

Ziya-po, my fren'

Posted by: Vicc | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

is this thing working?

Posted by: Skins930 | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

One team that could really use Rocky is the Eagles. Maybe for that 3rd/4th pick back next year.

Posted by: skinfanman | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: siris | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: casavaLeafs

No not really.

Understand now?

idiot + idiot + idiot ≡ asshat

See how that works?

Posted by: RedDMV | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

"...except Shanahan gave him *(Jason Campbell) *this* copy..."

It's my understanding that there's only one page in the playbook they gave Campbell.

It's a picture of him getting up off his back after taking another devastating hit.

"Shucks," Campbell says while studying the photo. "I know this play already."

"I thought it all was going to be different..."

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

flyingtrees;

facts can lie when your judgment skews the evidence.

All that does is hinder any type of point you were trying to make.

Posted by: Zeebs | April 16, 2010 12:42 PM |

Great post.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: flyingtrees | April 16, 2010 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Me! I mean, HTTR!

Posted by: HTTR | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Obviously this developement is very telling. 1. our coaching staff knows rocky doesn't fit in a 3-4 2. rocky knows this 3. rocky wants out maybe go back to grilliams in NO, either which way he's going to be packaged up and used as part of a big trade come 22april.

Posted by: sthai75 | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Year after year we put up with these cry babies. Get the second round pick and get better. Good bye Rocky.

Posted by: hessone | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dfbovey

NOW, you're talkin'..Throw in Haynesworth, and we might get a coupla Po' Boys to go..

Posted by: frak | April 16, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

I'm slowly starting to believe our defense is going to suck if we don't bring back the starters from last year. I had high hopes for the defense just being left as is, but if the Redskins trade away AH, RM, CR, and AC (or a combination of them) this defense will struggle.

Kind of like Shanahan's defenses did in Denver.

Trading RM will be a classic case of "don't know what you have until it's gone".

This defense is good right now. Shanahan doesn't need to rebuild it. Leave it alone, and worry about fixing the offense.

Posted by: psps23 | April 16, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

@ Zeebs

Fact not fiction:
NBA = THUG WANNABE'S
NFL = THUG WANNABE'S

Carrying an unloaded gun, what a dumb WANNABE THUG. HA HA HA!

Posted by: hessone | April 16, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: siris | April 16, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Tedd Ginn to the 49ers for a late round pick....where is RC when you need him??

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 16, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

don't tread on me

I eat pieces of cassava leaves like you for breakfast!

4real tho: cassava leaves > collard greens (Book IT)

Ziya-po, my fren'

Posted by: Vicc | April 16, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Rock says, "I'm just chillin." Careful man, you may just chill yourself right out of the NFL.

Posted by: just-the-facts | April 16, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | April 16, 2010 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Let's get real here. Rocky is a 'decent' linebacker - not great - not bad, but decent. Replacing him wouldn't be all that difficult and if he ended up on a team like Buffalo, Detroit, or Oakland, he'd just be right back on a team struggling to find it's identity - so enjoy it. He needs to pull up his shorts, stop whining and pissin and man up. If you shut up, play your game and have a good year, then maybe you'll end up in a better position to be treated like you think you should, but the last time I checked - London Fletcher was the one making all the plays at linebacker and all the talk about McIntosh had to do with pretty boy's glass knees. Look, if he's here, he's welcome and I hope he plays like the man he thinks he is, otherwise, I'm sick of mediocre players acting like primadonnas (see every player on the Wizards) thinking they've deserved more than they earned. It's not like the guy was Monte Coleman, or Ken Harvey - it's ONLY Rocky McIntosh - who the heck does he think he is? Geez, what a maroon - check your ego at the door - pu-lease!

Posted by: whelms1 | April 16, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

send his butt on the same train out of town as fat albert. arthrituis knee havin ass

Posted by: vjridgely | April 16, 2010 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Rocky would command a low 1st round pick. He's that good. We stole him in the draft 4 years ago. Everyone knows it. That's why he's received zero offers with his second round tender. Later dater Rocky. Don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out.

Posted by: hand_of_doom | April 16, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

apparently CP26 has been working out at the team facility for the past few weeks and is committed and slimmed down.

Posted by: mohawk44 | April 16, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

I say give Rocky a generous long-term deal. The guy has great speed, crashes to the ball, tackles well, covers well, & always gives 100%. These are the kinds of players that we need to reward & keep around. Instead we give a guy like fat albert 32 mill? I understand Vinny's finally out of here, but we really need to change our priorities and logic.

Posted by: killerrob | April 16, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Well excuse me but, Funk you Vicc, you lose YOU GET NOTHING GOOD DAY SIR

Posted by: casavaLeafs | April 16, 2010 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Rocky is one of the Skins they need to build on. He plays good ball, does not complain, and they should sign him long term. He is still young, just hitting his prime, and he is right, he has earned the right to a long term contract as a Skin. He should sit out until they sign a long term deal with him. Say he signs the tender, and tears up a knee in mini-camp. He is locked into the one contract with no insurance and no guarantees. We keep signing bench players, backups, and flinch at a productive known commodity who has earned it. The wrong message is getting sent here.

Posted by: skins50 | April 16, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: flyingtrees | April 16, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: flyingtrees | April 16, 2010 11:54 AM

Be a little consistent and you'll be taken more seriously; from me at least.

If you knew anything about what racism REALLY was you would realize only the group in power can be racist....it mean holding down another ethnic group cause they are not like you. Blacks and Latinos CANT be racists by definition

Posted by: I-want-our-4th | April 16, 2010 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: I-want-our-4th | April 16, 2010 3:47 PM | Report abuse

You don't know what you're talking about. Racism has nothing to do with "holding down" another race and everything to do with being prejudice based on race (are you gonna try to argue that blacks and latinos can't be prejudice too?) The real definition of racism (look it up, that's exactly what I did to verify the facts) is a belief that race determines human traits and character and that a particular race is superior to another. The fact you tried to say that only a majority can be racist is pure ignorance. Do your homework before spewing such untruths, or risk getting called out. ANYONE that hates based on race is a racist...by definition.

Posted by: Red-skin-Joe | April 16, 2010 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Actually, Red-skin-Joe is right.

(I can't believe I might be agreeing with a white person.)

I'm black and I can't stand beaners.
I'm pretty sure I'm racist.

So, I have to side with whitey on this one.

Posted by: Thinker_ | April 16, 2010 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Honkey!

Posted by: Thinker_ | April 16, 2010 5:09 PM | Report abuse

McIntosh is yet another all about me jackazz from the U, this club needs to rid itself of.

Chris Wilson or A-Carter is going to beat Rocky out for the starting LB spot.

Of Note :
Be on the lookout for Shawne Merriman, to join this team shortly.

Posted by: dashriprock | April 16, 2010 5:35 PM | Report abuse

What's wrong with all you racists out there, black AND white?!? Also, meh: who really cares one way or the other about RockMack? We'll see what happens and go from there. Blahblahblahblah.

Posted by: Corvis777 | April 16, 2010 5:59 PM | Report abuse

OH, jackazz from the U, make way for roid rager all about me from the U of MD.

Great.

Posted by: Thinker_ | April 16, 2010 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Merriman is light-skinneded.
RockMack is dark.

Coincidence?

That's what I thought.

Posted by: Thinker_ | April 16, 2010 6:15 PM | Report abuse

Actually, Red-skin-Joe is right.

(I can't believe I might be agreeing with a white person.)

Posted by: Thinker_ | April 16, 2010 5:08 PM | Report abuse

He said his name is Red-skin so why are you saying he's white? Ya know, like the vast majority of this country I'm mixed (1/8th Shawnee Indian, yes I know the irony of being a Redskins fan). Unless you know for a fact that your parents or grandparents were fresh off the boat from Africa you can count on your arse having some white or hispanic heritage as well. So stop hating on yourself, ese.

Posted by: HTTR | April 16, 2010 6:52 PM | Report abuse

True.

But Merriman is being brought in and Rocky sent out just to lighten up the place...

Started with the paint...

Jerry Grey... a little lighter shade of which might have been able to pass?

Campbell out ... McNabb in (North Atlantic Islander?)

Shanahan in?

Next, the Irish will be protesting the name when they change the Redskins to Palefaces and turn their colors to Green, Orange, and White! I can see the leprechaun logo already.

Like the Celtics, but carrying a football.
Gonna look like a buncha green lanterns out there.

Posted by: Thinker_ | April 16, 2010 8:38 PM | Report abuse

Yet another reason why the skins have been so bad. We constantly have these delusional fools who think they are way better than they are. Rocky is very average. I suppose that is way better than Carlos Rogers thinking he is a superstar.

Posted by: drschnee | April 16, 2010 8:50 PM | Report abuse

Thinker, we'd only have to change one color: burgundy/gold to green/gold. Too much like Notre Dame for my taste.

Besides, that'll never happen. Danny boy would probably get sued by the Fighting Whities from University of Northern Colorado (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_Whites). Might borderline trademark infringement.

Posted by: HTTR | April 16, 2010 9:11 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe these players don't get it. The reason very RFA's on any team are getting extensions is because of the possibility of a lockout next season. No owner is going to pay players for NOT playing. Especially when their cash flow will be a trickle (maybe some merchandise sales). I'm sure if their is no lockout next year they will get the contracts they want. Don't their agents explain this stuff?

Posted by: renhoekk2 | April 16, 2010 10:42 PM | Report abuse

As a die-hard Redskin fan, having lived in MD near DC from, starting about 1974 until 1982(now living in Pittsblah(lol), PA,), and reading about Rocky being disgruntled, I am glad that I had not bought a Rocky McIntosh jersey, but instead a Chris Cooley one. As far as I care, good ridance Rocky! You have my permission to go to two teams I hate.....Dallas and Pittsblah.

Posted by: mbonhamwolv | April 17, 2010 10:41 PM | Report abuse