What happens if Rogers, McIntosh don't sign tenders?

From reading many of the comments after our first post of the day, it seems some of you are upset I did not explain what could happen if cornerback Carlos Rogers and linebacker Rocky McIntosh simply declined to sign their tenders.

Again, as restricted free agents who received one-year contract tenders, Rogers and McIntosh cannot become unrestricted unless the Redskins withdraw their tender offers. Barring unforeseen developments, I don't see the team withdrawing the offers.

Today is the last restricted free agents can sign offer sheets with other teams, but it's not the last day restricted free agents can sign their tenders. It's not even close to the deadline.

There is a deadline, however, if Rogers and McItosh want to play this season -- and be paid.

Rogers and McIntosh must sign by the 10th week of season (the official season that began with the first day of free agency, not the playing season) or they can't play during the 2010 season. Also, if they haven't signed by June 15, they risk having their tender amounts lowered to 110 percent over their salaries from the 2009 seasons.

As we previously reported, Rogers and McIntosh are among many players who have been denied unrestricted free agency because of the uncapped season. And they've expressed displeasure with the Redskins for declining to offer them multiyear extensions or simply releasing them to potentially better situations for themselves.

There has been little movement in the deep restricted free-agent market because teams have been extremely reluctant to part with draft picks. But there also are other factors that might have contributed to teams being reluctant to pursue Rogers and McIntosh and also offer them the long-term contracts they seem to believe they deserve.

Rogers struggled against double moves last season and has dropped many balls that might have resulted in interceptions. McIntosh, who is coming off a strong season, has had knee issues since his days at the University of Miami.

To be sure, Rogers and McIntosh are talented, and they could continue to be major contributors to the Redskins under Coach Mike Shanahan and defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, who will continue to install the team's new 3-4 defense during the first voluntary three-day minicamp that begins Friday at Redskins Park. Will Rogers and McIntosh sign their tenders? Will they participate in the minicamp?

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

By Jason Reid  |  April 15, 2010; 12:17 PM ET
Categories:  Free agency , Jason Reid  | Tags: Carlos Rogers, Rocky McIntosh, Washington Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Redskins still await signatures of Carlos Rogers, Rocky McIntosh
Next: Shanahans, Allen spend the day looking at Bradford, Clausen

Comments

FIRST to say that 22 should be the FIRST one in minicamp working with the Juggs machine...

Posted by: samisunc | April 15, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

1st Biachtes

Posted by: BigDaddyLongStroke | April 15, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the clarification..........!!!

Posted by: shy_washington | April 15, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Nah, mostly people complain because our "Daily source for news and comment on the Washington Redskins" is anything but.

Since you get scooped by High School newspapers on important stories, post conflicting info, and in general seem like you have no interest in, or idea about what you are doing, that's the issue.

Thanks for turning your incomplete first post into a second filler post though.

How long until T. Hamilton takes RI over too?

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | April 15, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

FIRST to say that #22 should be the FIRST one in on Friday working with the JUGGS machine

Posted by: samisunc | April 15, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

First and foremost...man up, sign the offeres and get to all the voluntary/mandatory minicamps. You will be paid for what you are worth after this season not on what you think you are worth.

Posted by: supermoto22 | April 15, 2010 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Did he just complain again?

Posted by: Dorf | April 15, 2010 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Ummmmm....NICE PICK COWHER!!! LMAO!!!

Posted by: chicoexcell | April 15, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

JRied, it almost sounds like you're not enjoying your job. Keep in mind that we're on here because we would love to trade spots with you!

Posted by: Marshall_Law | April 15, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the explanation. See? Was that so hard? All of the articles don't have to be about suggestions, innuendo and rumors. Occasionally you can actually print those stubborn little things called facts...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | April 15, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Ummmmm....NICE PICK COWHER!!! LMAO!!!

Posted by: chicoexcell | April 15, 2010 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Reid, if I may offer some insight:

I think what rubs people the wrong way is how every mention of Carlos Rogers brings up something about double moves and brick hands, Haynesworth about the team actively trying to trade him because he's in Shanahan's doghouse because he won't attend camp, McIntosh's knee history, Landry's struggles, JC's good character, Haslett's installing the new hybrid 3-4... you see where I'm going with this.

Todays post was perfect through paragraph 6. And then... the dreaded "as previously reported" monster reared it's ugly head.

My $.02, and I'm not complaining about your reporting, but since other peoples comments are apparently getting under your skin, I figured I'd give you something positive to think about.

Posted by: mattsoundworld | April 15, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Jason, Jason, Jason. No need to get defensive. We all like you more than your former counterpart, JLC.

Just simply say that you will give the explanation at the readers requests and that hadn't done so because you were thinking that many already knew the rules.

But the childish game of "damned if I do, damned if don't" is immature.

other than that, thanks for the explanation.

Posted by: heycisco01 | April 15, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

How long until T. Hamilton takes RI over too?
Posted by: WaitingGuilty

You ain't gonna like her either. Book it.

Posted by: RedskinWillie | April 15, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

They read these posts? Shocking!

Posted by: Oogalaboogala | April 15, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

I was a bit surprised to see Rogers had not signed his tender yet. Based on an article I read on Redskins.com the other day, it sounded like he was really buying into the new regime now. I can only suspect that he is looking for a long term contract and not a tender. Good luck with that. I'd extend him if I could get him to play free safety. I'm telling you guys that it would work.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | April 15, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

By Jason Reid | April 15, 2010; 12:17 PM ET

Feeling a little defensive?

Posted by: League-Source | April 15, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

'preciate the clarification, Reid.

You know, I couldn't care less that you cut and paste from other sources because you were out-scooped by them.

But most of the people here complain that you majority pass off your opinions and hypotheticals as facts when they're clearly not.

We also don't appreciate how you like to paint certain guys as tragic heroes and others as villains based off, again, your opinion of them.

If you're going to b*tch about our complaining at least have the facts, but judging your track record that may be a bit hard for you to do.

Posted by: RedDMV | April 15, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

“Some of you often complain we waste your time in posts explaining things because you already know the rules.”

Let me correct this for JReid:
Some of you whinybaby internet tough guys complain just to complain. Some of you even like to call me names which makes you an even bigger “tough guy”. I’ll bet some of you run over to a full length mirror and flex a few times after posting how much we at the Wapo are lazy so and so’s etc. We’ll here’s an answer you’ve been looking for, which a bunch of you whinybabies will end up hating on me for anyway. I’ll be over at Redskins park for a while, and then get to go on tv and talk about sports. What’s you r jib? Suck on that.”

Posted by: dlhaze1 | April 15, 2010 12:50 PM | Report abuse

If Stephon Heyer signed a piece of paper in the woods, but nobody was there to see it... did he really sign?

Its early. Best i got.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | April 15, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

By Jason Reid | April 15, 2010; 12:17 PM ET

Feeling a little defensive?

Posted by: League-Source | April 15, 2010 12:47 PM
-------------------------------------------
I get this picture of Reid doing his best imitation of the Maytag repairman... he's waiting for that phone to ring... maybe a call from Rock - oh, wait, he's not there... maybe a call from the legend that is Leigh Torrence... but the love is dead. Nobody calls. It's just a lonely journalist sitting in his office waiting for someone else to break a story...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | April 15, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: heycisco01

This too is debated in many circles up here.

Posted by: RedDMV | April 15, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

skinsneeda

"I bet the Braves would swap you Melky straight up.. His BA almost below a buck?"

The Yanks made out like banditos in that trade as one of the players they got in exchange for Melky, B Logan, is a decent young pitcher.

And then, if they give up on Vazquez, they'll get value for him in return as he's strictly a NL pitcher.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 15, 2010 12:25 PM
==============
I think GMs trading for bats from the Yankees need to consider the bats swinging in front and behind that player. Melky was a product of that.

agreed on Vazquez.. Pitchers from NL to AL are psychologically damaged.. Cant handle the thought of 9 potentially damaging batters in a lineup...no let up. Only successful arm I can think of in that NL/AL transition was Schilling.
Cashman will probably trade Vazquez back to the NL and pickup some young farm prospects.. ...no wait, screw that thought....Yanks should keep Vazquez..we need a counter to our Buchholtz.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 15, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Lucky for me, I am able to see through opinion and facts. Funny thing is, and this is NECESSARILY aimed at Jason, that reporters and/or beat writers don't know nearly as much about the game as they think. They have also built these relationships with players and show obvious bias in writing towards them, for better or worse.

I prefer just the facts and allow the readers to draw their own opinions and conclusions.

Posted by: heycisco01 | April 15, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Some of you often complain

By Jason Reid | April 15, 2010; 12:17 PM ET
_____________

He could have stopped right there.

Posted by: Oogalaboogala | April 15, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

"What happens if Rogers, McIntosh don't sign tenders?"

Shouldn't this all been a apart of the previous post?

I'm just sayin'....

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 15, 2010 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Funny thing is, and this is NECESSARILY aimed at Jason,

Posted by: heycisco01 | April 15, 2010 12:56 PM

Should have said "isn't"

Posted by: heycisco01 | April 15, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

You ain't gonna like her either. Book it.

Posted by: RedskinWillie | April 15, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

I hear you. I was just commenting on the fact that it seems like she is taking on more heavy lifting on the Skins stories lately. This is just an anecdotal observation, I have no proof that Reid may or may not be being marginalized by his lack of talent/interest in the job.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | April 15, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Why do any of your read this blog if you have so many issues with it? there are 100's out there....just sayin...Thanks for what you do JR

Posted by: DDunnuck | April 15, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Jason,
That helps clear things up.

But you know there are all kinds of haters up here that will criticize you no matter what, so just ITA.

Thanks! Keep it up.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | April 15, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

What a bunch of frickin' CRYBABIES!
I've been reading the blog, and occasionally contributing, since it started, before we reached 10K posts. Dig this folks: You pay nothing for this and sometimes you get what you pay for. Unlike the rest of you no-life whiners, I don't have the time to read every post on every blog in every market. This is my source for 'skins info. AND I like it.

If you can do better, start your own blog. I understand that any child can do it. That means there should be a lot of RI readers who qualify.

Thank you Jason, Rick, Tracee, Lisa, et al who take the time to make your un-compensated posts. I don't know about other blogs, but on this one, I'm not assaulted by advertising to pay for the space.

The only assault is from the insulting ungrateful jackasses who'll reply to this post with their vitriol aimed at me instead of at the WaPo writers.

Posted by: MrChili | April 15, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Some of you often complain

By Jason Reid | April 15, 2010; 12:17 PM ET

Okay, that's "some of us." What about the rest of us? Guys like me are model citizens -- never complaining, driving within the speed limits, paying our taxes on time, walking our kids to school, going to church every Easter, etc.

What about us? Don't we deserve better than these rehashed PFT rumors spun with an added dose of anti-Redskins venom? I think we do. And if we don't get it, we're going to start complaining like the others. RedDMV nearly has converted me to Apprentice Complainer. Lift your game, Jason, or watch out for League-Source.

Posted by: League-Source | April 15, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

*** Potential JC Bashing Alert **********
(I couldnt last the day)

JReid Wrote:
"" Will Rogers and McIntosh sign their tenders? Will they participate in the minicamp? I understand why Rogers and McIntosh are upset, but the Redskins are only using the tools available to them under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Rogers and McIntosh can become unrestricted free agents after the season, so they could help themselves down the road by getting with Shanahan's program, including attending the minicamp, and doing everything they can to prepare in an attempt to have productive seasons before going into the unrestricted market. Perhaps that's what they need to focus on right now.""
==========
So JR...
My guess is that Rock and Roger's Agents are also seeking trades while the stalemate continues..

If its true what Shanny said.. "all positions are open competition".. Would not JC also be "helping himself" by showing up for the minicamp to learn a new system and new personnel?
He's signed and hasn't been traded (yet).

Or better yet, come in pis-sed off and say, "Its my team until I am beaten out or traded.. I should be taking reps with McNabb and Grossman and I will prove I am better."
jus saying.. its "open competition".

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 15, 2010 1:07 PM | Report abuse

let's be clear...Rogers gets taken on EVERY double move and drops 9.5 out of 10 balls that potentially is an interception.

Posted by: chris37 | April 15, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Jason,
That helps clear things up.

Thanks! Keep it up.

Posted by: _Stumped

yeah, what stumped said. by the way, stumped, my man, i'se gittin' mitey thirsty for some o' them heffersqueezin's, ya know that?
and i'll be so glad when this damn draft is over and we can quit speculatin' about which player is goin' where and we can get down to the real speculatin' about how the Deadskins will revive theirselves post-regime change.

Posted by: RedskinWillie | April 15, 2010 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MrChili | April 15, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

I believe, and please, correct me if I'm wrong, that each WAPO staffer you just listed is in fact collecting a pay check.
Further, I'm sure it is partially funded by the annoying pop up ad I just closed, so I don't know where you're coming from re: the no annoying ads/uncompensated posts.

If I had the resources of the WAPO, you bet your ass I'd have a better product for the readers.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | April 15, 2010 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MrChili | April 15, 2010 1:02 PM
==============
dont have time, right now, but we'll get to you, Chili..
No offense, but there are bigger fish to fry on this blog.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 15, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

I hope #22 does not sign... the guy is terrible. Last year Rogers started 15 games and turned in these numbers:

32 TKL 2 AST 0 INT 0 SKS 9 PD

This year, the same performance would net him $46,875.00 per tackle (not including incentives)...

Posted by: tonyalexander | April 15, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

hey, Waiting Guilty, you ever consider a pop-up blocker? they're plentiful and free.
i'm just sayin'...

Posted by: RedskinWillie | April 15, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

beep

Posted by: dlhaze1 | April 15, 2010 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MrChili | April 15, 2010 1:02 PM
------------------------------------------
I don't really understand this comment. Should I fling poo at you, or the WaPo writers? It seems to me you are throwing them back under the bus with this last sentence, but then again, I am not sure I really understand it.

BTW, if these writers are on the staff, they do get paid for it. This blog promotes the newspaper and the newspaper makes money (I think that's why Warren Buffet owns stock) and the newspaper pays the writers. It's kind of like this thing called capitalism. It is well within our rights as consumers of the blog to post our opinions. It is WaPo's problem if they have so alienated the people in Redskins land that they cannot get an occasional bone thrown their way and provide what other hard working websites might offer as a "scoop".

Posted by: RedSkinHead | April 15, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

You have to let other people be right. It gives them consolation for not being anything else.

-Andre Gide, The Immoralist

Posted by: SMACK1 | April 15, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

i'm just sayin'...

Posted by: RedskinWillie | April 15, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

OK...I'll admit, I turned mine off for a second just so I could reply to Chili with a clear conscience.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | April 15, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse

What a bunch of frickin' CRYBABIES!

Posted by: MrChili

League-Source, you call this "complaining about the complaining", right?

Since, I've already typed a post addressed to Reid, I'd like to chat with you for a second if you don't mind.

Chili, congrats to you for having a life so fulfilled that you can't read every comment like the rest of us "jackasses" and being around since the blog reached 10K comments. I can't speak for the rest of the people here, but I'm for one are DAMNED envious of you, son!

You're a super-duper human being. You are undoubtedly the standard we should hold ourselves to...

Like how you feel compelled to b*tch about the complaining, I have the right to b*tch about your complaining.

Imagine that... freedoms.....

Posted by: RedDMV | April 15, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Rogers is horrible. What other team would want to sign him to a long-term deal with those stones for hands?

Posted by: ar652 | April 15, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Reporters get paid for the reports they make in the paid portions of the medium they report for. We pay nothing for the posts here. Look at the newspapers closing all around the country because people like us read the news without paying for it.

Myself, I limit my criticizing and bashing (except for Yagovs like you) for what appears in the print pages. The aforementioned reporters get paid what you get paid for posting here. Nada.

I'm sorry. I just realized that your SigOth probably doesn't let you complain about things. You're just coming here to lett off some steam. How thoughtless of me.

Posted by: MrChili | April 15, 2010 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: WaitingGuilty

J. Reid is far from perfect, but his BIGGEST shortcoming is reading the comments on the blog. Dude, buy a nail gun and fire it into your fleshy parts if you are feeling masochistic. Reading the idiot's rants here will make you crazy.

This one stinks to high heaven as yet another phase of the Redskins ongoing, petty attacks on the Washington Post, which started shortly after Snyder's arrival and continues apace.

So we get some anonymous jerkwater with a unfamiliar screen name taking shots at Reid, or whoever would be sitting in his chair. Suspicious? Beyond suspicious.

I don't doubt people have valid criticisms, myself included, but when the cheap shots descend to this level, someone has to speak out for--I dunno--civility? a Free Press? Human decency, against the Schadenfreud epidemic?

Anyone with any understanding of the situation would understand the handicaps WaPo reports work under at Redskin Park.

And the Wizard behind the curtain there is a so-called marketing Genius, but willing to subvert goodwill from the biggest media outlet in DC. Whether it's jealousy, a desire to build his own controllable media empire, frustration, or whatever, I don't pretend to know.

Maybe if Snyder can keep blaming external Forces for the failure of the Redskins as a football team under his stewardship, he can excuse his own shortcomings.

Posted by: TheCork | April 15, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Ah, RedDMV, as long as you correctly ID yourself as a b*tch, it's okay. Just whose b*tch are you, son?

Posted by: MrChili | April 15, 2010 1:22 PM | Report abuse

You are dead wrong Chili. Part of Reid's job is this blog. If he refused to do it he would likely be given his unconditional release. Until you prove you are working in HR at the Post I will forever consider you a "Slow Boy".

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | April 15, 2010 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Did "The Cork" just accuse me of being a Snyder underling?

That's outstanding!

I could be wrong though, as jibberish is my 3rd language.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | April 15, 2010 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead

Posted by: League-Source

Et tu League Source? Thought you were brighter than to follow RedDMV, for God's sake. But then it is SO comforting to stop individual thinking and sluice into groupthink.

Again, Geniuses. Same advice:

SEND IN YOUR RESUME.

Get a Scoop yourself.

Do better than people paid to write.

Or keep showing how braindead you are by continuing to up the blog hit count at this capitalist enterprise, thinking the ad salesmen care about what you write, only THAT you write.

Posted by: TheCork | April 15, 2010 1:28 PM | Report abuse

See, kids? You put something tempting on the hook and the fish will rise to the bait every time.

Posted by: MrChili | April 15, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

=========================

Maybe some on here are a bit harsh, but looks to me like the WaPo encourage their writers to be challenged.

Posted by: Skins930 | April 15, 2010 1:35 PM | Report abuse

I don't hate the sports page like a lot of folks seem to, but I do have a complaint. Re: Albert, I have been wondering for some time if the Skins were really going to let a game-changing player go for a 2 or a 3, when it seems like he could be just as awesome in a 3-4 if he was motivated. And motivating players is something that good coaches are supposed to do. But the story is still "Hayenworth is disgruntled and Shanahan hates him, etc..."

So my complaint is, why haven't the quotes from Haynesworth I've pasted below become the current focus of the story. It's great news for the D and evidence that it would be really, really stupid to lose him.

Unable to believe that Jim Haslett wouldn't step in to bridge the gap, I googled "Hayneworth talked to Haslett" and found an article from April 9th...

"I talked to Jim Haslett and he plans on using me like they did with the Titans. He’s talked to a couple of Titans coaches and former Titans coaches and that’s what he said he’s planning on doing. Just kind of letting me loose and letting me play the game.”

Of course, with new coordinators come new changes in how the game is played and Haslett is no different. The type of defense Haslett employs is a 3-4 defense, a defense Haynesworth is not familiar with at all, yet he is open to it looks forward to playing it.

“At first I was a little iffy to it because I’ve never played in the 3-4. I don’t have a clue to how it’s really played. But then I talked to him a little bit and he plans on just playing me in the middle a little bit and at end. I guess I’ll just move around and just wreak havoc; so as long as we’re doing that and I’m not just at one position, I’m fine, I’m fine with it.”

Posted by: bigfoot1 | April 15, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse

=========================

Posted by: Skins930 | April 15, 2010 1:35 PM

It's the challenged readers and haters that I can't stand.

Posted by: MrChili | April 15, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse

blasting readers or insulting their brains is no way to win fans mister mayor... jreid sux!!!!

Posted by: jimmy_the_crickett | April 15, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Oh for goodness sake.

First, JR continually says "Campbell has until Thursday to sign his tender" and then claims that readers should know that he actually had until October to sign it.

Second, to post something so defensive is the work of high school journalism. This rates up there with not being able to name a single positive thing at Redskin Park and predicting the Redskins would not win another game all season when there were still 10 to play.

Third, my biggest complaint isn't the lack of reliable information or absence of credible sources (it's a tough business and the Redskins as an organization aren't cooperative with the Post). My biggest complaint is the attempt to paint a journalist as a football analyst.

Please, report. Report all you want. But these ridiculous, simpleton, dumbed down analysis posts on what the Redskins should do operationally are grating. I've never watched one of the video's. It bugs me to see even a screen cap of one.

TWP, please, please hire an accomplished, Grade A reporter for this page. This kid seems nice enough but it is downright embarrassing to have him under the Post's letterhead.

Posted by: themantoyou | April 15, 2010 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Wow, JRied a little angry??? Readers are why you have your job. Be happy that ppl are reading your RI posts, positive or negative, they're reading it.

So put the knives away and report...no need to constantly take stabs at your readers. I, for one, after reading your complaining about readers, am leaning towards getting my Redskins info elsewhere. don't you think your bosses review hit counts? post counts?

wake up JReid! I was a fan....

Posted by: bigolebelly | April 15, 2010 1:59 PM | Report abuse

I really think some of you are over reacting. While it does come off as a little unprofessional to go after people who commented on an article, look at it like this: at least his paying attention to the feedback he's getting. At least he cares what his readers have to say, enough so to write an article clarifying something else that he wrote. If you all have such distaste for J Reid why do you bother reading his articles and ripping him in the comment section. No ones forcing you to come here for Redskins info, but clearly something draws you these articles. So basically you just come here to blast Jason Reid.... thats pretty sad

Posted by: dcsports4life | April 15, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, JReid for the explanation. Sorry that you can't win with these know it all "fans." Keep bringing the info!

Posted by: gbraxton7 | April 15, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

J Reid.....Just write about what you want to write about. If the "fans" don't like it, they can have a coke and a smile and shut the Fu%$ up. A wise man said that Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds talk about people.

Posted by: kingpenn1 | April 15, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Jason, people like to complain. That's what we do, don't let it get to you. Have a nice day.

Posted by: jmy999 | April 15, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Team needs to cleanse itself of all AUBURN players.......ASAP

Posted by: FletcherChristian1 | April 15, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Thumbs up, JReid. Thanks!

Posted by: RedCherokee | April 15, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse

"Also, if they haven't signed by June 15, they risk having their tender amounts lowered to 110 percent over their salaries from the 2009 seasons."

This is why Mr. Mayor gets the big bucks.

Now I now the Skins own Terl, but he seems to be a surprisingly fair reporter even after you factor in that he's paid by the team. He's recently posted that Rogers is quite happy with the new regime.

So if Carlos won't sign, and he can't negotiate with other teams, is he angling for an extended contract with DC? I don't know what else not signing buys him if he's happy with the direction the D is moving.

Posted by: WorstSeat | April 15, 2010 3:40 PM | Report abuse

In the words of the immortal Sgt. Hulka, "Lighten Up Francis." Maybe JR is mad we did not text him our complaints.

Posted by: mafafu | April 15, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Or maybe he's just tired of dealing with a bunch of dopes who whine and complain regardless of what he does. There are actually people who appreciate what he does.

The funniest part is, people complain about J Reid's content, yet they continue to read and post. If I don't like what someone is writing, I simply....wait for it....don't read it anymore.

But then again, I'm sure most of the people that complain about what he writes on his blog have the same intelligence as those that think Colt Brennan is the next Joe Montana.

Posted by: RobInVaBeach | April 15, 2010 6:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RobInVaBeach | April 15, 2010

I always check our RI hoping to see posts by Rick Maese, as he does some solid work since he moved here from The Sun. He does not show the same partiality that others show on RI.

Posted by: mafafu | April 15, 2010 9:44 PM | Report abuse

How long until T. Hamilton takes RI over too?
Posted by: WaitingGuilty

You ain't gonna like her either. Book it.

Posted by: RedskinWillie

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I already don't like her. I don't need a woman's point of view on football.

Posted by: Redskin_in_miami | April 16, 2010 1:37 AM | Report abuse

Again it seems to be all about money for some of these guys. They should quit wining and make this last year thier showcase for the talent they think they have. If they were that great, why arent teams willing to make the trade for them? This is thier market value based on thier play/health etc.

Wining just makes them look like pansies. Suck it up and play this game with passsion and a beast mentality, never forgetting that it is such an honor and privilege to be in the NFL.

Posted by: Gibbs4Pres | April 16, 2010 6:42 AM | Report abuse

If Rogers & McIntosh were worth as much as they THINK they are, other teams would have offered up the draft pick already.

Posted by: shanks1 | April 16, 2010 8:51 AM | Report abuse

It just means that Carlos "Hands of Stone" Rogers can go to another team and sit on the bench where he belongs. And as for McIntosh I hope he stays, because he doesn't play good, but he doesn't play bad either.

Posted by: PublicEnemy1 | April 16, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, never a good idea to go after the readers. Think, McFly, think!

Posted by: corky1031 | April 16, 2010 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, never a good idea to go after the readers. Think, McFly, think!

Posted by: corky1031 | April 16, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Meh, I think your reporting is fine, man, don't listen to all the haters. Most of these people can't even complete a grammatically correct sentence, and they're just out of their element not having Jason Campbell to slag off on.

GO 'SKINS!

Posted by: Corvis777 | April 16, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Jason, it's not just you. It's that the average Redskins fan knows more about footbal than does the average NFL fan or average NFL reporter. Not that you are average or anything like that. I'm just sayin'.... Cuz it is all about REDSKINS footbal, ba-bee!!!

Posted by: jmeaicp | April 17, 2010 4:51 PM | Report abuse

"Some of you often complain we waste your time in posts explaining things because you already know the rules. But because of the requests, let's look at what could happen if Rogers and McIntosh decline to sign any time soon."

Ahem, I know that this is a blog and it is not as formal as a printed report, however you should still apply journalism principles. I mean its a blog for the Washington Post. That being said, remember back in your freshman or sophomore year of Print Journalism? Rule number one "Always assume your audience is not informed about the issue or subject matter."

Now I'm not complaining that said information was not reported in previous posts, nor am I upset. However I am upset that you're complaining about, well doing your job.

Posted by: clark202 | April 17, 2010 8:36 PM | Report abuse

During the season the team is in the dog house. During the off season, the sports writers are in the dog house.

Ahhh, Washington, my home sweet home.

Posted by: 20yrskinfan | April 17, 2010 9:48 PM | Report abuse