Golston Doesn't Rule Out Playing

Jason La Canfora reports:

DT Kedric Golston said he isn't ruling out a return to practice later this week or possibly even playing Sunday despite a bone spur.

He continues to wear a walking boot but said the pain is dissipating and he is eager for the chance to test his foot on the practice field.

"Yesterday I was on crutches and today I feel a whole lot better," Golston said. "I'm feeling 100 percent better than I was yesterday. Tomorrow, who knows? I could be fine, honestlly."

By Cindy Boren  |  November 26, 2008; 12:23 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Skins Expect Boschetti to Play Sunday
Next: Blache: Sunday's Game 'a Matter of Will'

Comments

The Source Meter > JLC

Posted by: jmicrodoc | November 26, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

dl;

Thats Deshawn stevensons ' i cant feel my face'... which means he is so money, he numb (or something to that effect)

Posted by: Zeebs | November 26, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

...separatists
Posted by: jmicrodoc | November 26, 2008 12:27 PM

Wow, I think it really is Larry. Let's try a test:

jmicrodoc, please read this sentence aloud:
"Dan Snyder is an egomaniac and will never own a winning Redskins franchise unless he hires a real GM".

After reading this aloud did you
a) Throw up a little?
b) Hit yourself in the face three times?
c) Breathe a sigh of relief as realization washed over you?
d) Feel that there hasn't been enough time to judge Vinny's tenure thus far?
e) a and b

I,m guessing you are going with e.....

Posted by: dlhaze1 | November 26, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

I do like Goldy and Monty in as a pair of relievers at DT and hope we re-sign both in the off season.

F Larry Micheal, go back to hocking light-bulbs and licking Don Gernamos tai**.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 26, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

funny jmicro;

the source meter gives no info, just that JLA is saying something. Doesnt that entice people to come here and see what he is saying?

also your giving hits to WAPO... so fess up, this is really a red herring situation between the Post and Skins to drive up hit counts, yes?

Posted by: Zeebs | November 26, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Your forgot "F"

F: Never read the sentence because the sensors didn't let it through to the Peoples Republic of Redskins Park.

Posted by: Gweez | November 26, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

I say Boschetti > Montgomery ... so have at me ...

Posted by: dcsween | November 26, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

CL, I am very slightly before your time....we used "BURN!".....loved when Kelso would say it on that 70's show. I beleive Marv Albert reinvented "facial" when he did the basketball games on NBC in the late 80's early 90's.....

Posted by: dlhaze1 | November 26, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Not sure if anyone else posted this from PFT...it has the time the tribute to Sean Taylor starts:

REDSKINS REMEMBER SEAN TAYLOR
Posted by Mike Florio on November 26, 2008, 11:47 a.m.
Redskins safety Sean Taylor died a year ago today, after being shot by a group of young men who invaded his Miami home, possibly thinking that Taylor was out of town.

The team is remembering him on Sunday by adding him to the franchise’s Ring of Honor.

Also, a memorial area has been established at FedEx Field, where fans can place flowers and cards as of today.

The ceremony begins at 12:30 p.m. EST on Sunday, 30 minutes before the start of Washington’s game against the Giants. It will be broadcast at Redskins.com.

The event will include a tribute to Taylor, messages from former teammates, comments from Taylor’s family, and the presentation of commemorative plaques to members of the family.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 26, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

brown, from the previous post, I'm cautiously optimistic that with everything going on this week/weekend, the team will come out and paste the g-men.

Non Redskins but still football post:

Why, must we be tortured by seeing the Lions EVERY thanksgiving?? This game, versus TN, should be especially entertaining. The coin flip that is....after that..not so much.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 26, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

I may not like the owners much but lets face it they handle this Taylor stuff with some class.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 26, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of Marv, I have a six NYPost front page headlines from his unfortunate "career break" on my cubby wall. They make me giggle: Marv Gets Pink Slip, Menage a Marv, The Kink and I, The Bite Stuff, Marv Bites Back, The Night Marv Flipped His Wig.

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 26, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

I say Boschetti > Montgomery ... so have at me ...

Posted by: dcsween | November 26, 2008 12:40 PM

Uhh please explain your logic. Unless you really want us to believe that Boschetti is so good that he got cut.

Posted by: Predator48 | November 26, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Zeebs | November 26, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Actually, 12:30 is the time the Redskins would like fans to be in their seats....

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 26, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Bean,

You mean you never wanted to see one team try and set the record for Offensive time of possession, my guess is Tenn. has the ball for 45 minutes of the game.

The thing I hate is that the Lions come out in their Turkey-day uniforms like its a real throwback, It may as well be freaking practice gear.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 26, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Yes sween, we cannot have at you with out more info.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 26, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

alex, lol, its going to be a good time to let the triptophan(sp) work its magic....

anyone cooking/eating anything exotic tomorrow?

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 26, 2008 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Last time we had someone bring in an exotic food for thanksgiving in my family, it was purple mashed potato, resulted in widespread panic, rioting and witch burnings.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 26, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

I say Boschetti > Montgomery ... so have at me ...

Posted by: dcsween | November 26, 2008 12:40 PM

Posted by: Predator48 | November 26, 2008 12:48 PM

That's not what I mean at all. In the preseason, both guys were stepping up their games in a major major way (in the same way that Evans was). No question that Montgomery has all the physical tools to be awesome ... he surpassed Golston in the offseason and earned the starting spot. Montgomery's problem always has been motor, plus concentration and focus ... staying in the game. He stepped that up, and stepped into the starting spot. He stepped back, and he stepped back from the starting spot. I'm saying he's back to square one.

Did you watch any of the four man fronts the Skins put up against the Seahawks? [Skins and Seattle were playing the same offense ... two different defenses ... Seattle's front four got into the Skins backfield ... Skins front four, not so much].

Healthy, rested Boschetti > mental game recidivist Montgomery

Posted by: dcsween | November 26, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Boschetti's heart and desire > Montgomery's raw talent

Posted by: 4-12 | November 26, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Widespread Panic rocks

Posted by: dcsween | November 26, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

i heard that the NFL has introduced a new rule for the lions v. titans game tommorrow.
flex scheduling is intended to change the schedule to allow for better games.

tommorrow the NFL will incorporate "flex field position" where the lions will start with the ball at the 50 each series in the first half, the TEN 40 in the 2nd, TEN 30, in the 3rd, and on the 20 in the 4th. Consequently, the titans will begin the game on their ten each possession and incorporate CFL rules of 3 downs in lieu of 4.

great idea.

Posted by: carsonspence | November 26, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Wow, I think it really is Larry. Let's try a test:

jmicrodoc, please read this sentence aloud:

After reading this aloud did you
a) Throw up a little?
b) Hit yourself in the face three times?
c) Breathe a sigh of relief as realization washed over you?
d) Feel that there hasn't been enough time to judge Vinny's tenure thus far?
e) a and b

I,m guessing you are going with e.....

Posted by: dlhaze1

LoL dl...

No...definitely not Larry. I'm just poking a little fun at the battle between Homer McLarry and JLC. It's funny...their little dispute - I laugh when I see Larry post up the "Source Meter"...so I thought I would let JLC know that the Source Meter is starting to infiltrate his blog like some insurgent, lol.

All in good fun - Happy Thanksgiving fellow fans.

HTTR / RiP #21

Posted by: jmicrodoc | November 26, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Oops ... Montgomery inactive against the Seahawks ...

Good thing they picked up another DT!

Posted by: dcsween | November 26, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Lorenzo Alexanser is our best DT...have at me!

Beantown, couldnt agree more...ENOUGH Lions on T-Day.

Posted by: chrislarry | November 26, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | November 26, 2008 12:51 PM

I kind of like their throwbacks, but that's jus me. I love when the cowboys wear throwbacks....all of my friends who root for the cowboys swear that those uni's are jinxed and that Dallas loses whenever they wear them.....

Posted by: dlhaze1 | November 26, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Not sure what the fiance has decided to make. I offered to make a traditional meal, but he didn't want it. He does all the cooking, so it's up to him. It's just the two of us and we're leaving town on Friday morning, so it'll be something completely non-traditional (but not sure about the exotic) and we'll end up at a bar at 8pm for dinner to watch football anyway. good times.

Posted by: suzannepdc | November 26, 2008 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332

LMAO
JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 26, 2008 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Also, in checking out that Montgomery inactive against Seattle point, I found the place to find out about special teams tackles ... on the NFL site in the pdf file called "Gamebook" (for individual games).

Posted by: dcsween | November 26, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Would it be that hard for the NFL to pick a game that would at least be competitive??

Haynesworth is gonna stomp a mud hole in the backside of Culpepper. He'll wish he stayed retired.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 26, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

I am dry-brining the turkey this year, first for me...semi-exotic.

I have always wanted to do it in my weber smoker, and I did a Turkey breast in there during summer....but its always to damn cold and no TV outside....

Posted by: chrislarry | November 26, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Sween did you just call Montgomery a recidivist?? What's he, in and out of the clink? You complete me.

OK, so what's Corny's status? If he and Golston are both out (to say nothing of 59), we are in deep trouble. I agree the team will be fired up with 21 going in to the Ring of Honor but man emotion can only take you so far.

Fletch's status? Anyone?

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 26, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Not sure what the fiance has decided to make. ...

Posted by: suzannepdc | November 26, 2008 1:06 PM

Try Honeymoon Salad ... "lettuce alone" (you need to say it out loud).

Posted by: dcsween | November 26, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

am I alone here?

Going into the cowboys game two weeks ago I had a sense of worry. I thought the Cowboys were a team that really needed a win and at the end of the game played in desperation mode with Barber carrying for the win.

This week, the Giants are alone atop the league, (sadly, rightfully so), and I think the skins will be on an emotional roller coaster for ST and need to string together some good games again.

Let me say, I'm a rare realist for a skins fan. The Skins are a good, not great team, potentially up for a run to the playoffs, but they are not SB bound that's for sure. I'm not gaurenteeing a win, but I think it could be closer than the rest of the world thinks, and skins, might just eek one out against their rivals by a small margin.

Any other realists out there agree?

Posted by: AisforAdam | November 26, 2008 1:11 PM | Report abuse

NotorLMG, just that he's gone back to repeating bad habits ...

With Cornelius' shoulder, Golston's heel, Montgomery's achilles, its not that big a deal. DT is not that important a position, esp. against someone like Brandon Jacobs.

Posted by: dcsween | November 26, 2008 1:12 PM | Report abuse

hey if loving/agreeing with that scenario makes me a realist...so be it!

Posted by: chrislarry | November 26, 2008 1:12 PM | Report abuse

notory, if the Skins are missing CGriff, Golston, and Fletch, I could run for 100 plus on them.

May your turkey be dry for even suggesting as much.......

Is there anything better than really good mashed potatoes....little pool o'butter on top...some gravy......

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 26, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

I heard ya sween...just givin props for some clever diction. I generally don't talk about another man's diction but it was good stuff.

LOL - as Chevy Chase said in Spies Like Us - "Piece of cake!"

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 26, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

This issue is that the Lions have played on T'giving since 1934, so I think it will take a lot to take that game away from them.

you never know, maybe they bring it and hand the Titans their second loss (who am I kidding?)

Posted by: suzannepdc | November 26, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

I would love to be a realist on those terms, but for that to happen, seems like it would have to be based on some previously unseen surprises ... like a D.Hall pick six ... like a M.Kelly vertical grab ... like a Carlos pick six ...

I figure that would be three scores right there ... they pull that out ... in the first quarter ... and I'm a realist too!

Posted by: dcsween | November 26, 2008 1:16 PM | Report abuse

thanks Greg, I just drooled on my laptop. Company issued, jerk.

Self-chiding (1 Hail Mary, 2 chest slaps, 3 face rakes) for even contemplating those beasts not playing, particularly on the day we honor SeanTay.

HAIL BABY!!

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 26, 2008 1:16 PM | Report abuse

beep beep new thread from Cinny Bo!

Posted by: dcsween | November 26, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse