Blache Wants D to Play Like "Wild Animals"

Greg Blache has just met with the media for his weekly presser, and I'll give you guys a primer on that. (Reminder: my webchat began at 1.)

The loss of Marques Colston means the Saints will likely sacrifice that possession receiver in exchange for more speed on the field. Ex-Skin David Patten is the talk of the defense right now, popping out of the screen on players. Blache called Patten "their home run hitter," and said his injured knee, a problem in Washington, certain seems fully healed now. Guys like Springs and Smoot continue to talk about Patten unsolicited. They all know he will be extra motivated to make plays.

As we suggested earlier, Blache agrees the Saints will likely try to attack the outside linebackers on the flank with Bush. I asked him if it seemed to him on film that last week, especially in the second half, the Saints made a point to go to Shockey over the middle on intermediate stuff, got the LBs and safeties to roll more to him, and then exploited the open space on the flank with screens to Bush.

As for match-ups, Blache said free safety LaRon Landry will stay in that role as a deep safety in coverage and will not move to the line or man up on Shockey. "That's not our plan," Blache said, which means Marcus Washington and Rocky McIntosh are going to be busy.

Overall, Blache said he expects to rotate his D Linemen more than last week, and it was pretty obvious that Jason Taylor may not get as many snaps as he did last week. Blache was adamant that he wants to get more snaps for Demetric Evans (again, I see this guy playing left end on run downs with greater regularity as this plays out), Erasmus James and Chris Wilson on the D Line, and Wilson and James could be used more at the tackle spot in the nickel package, Blache said.

He wants to see his defense play like "wild animals" the way they did in the Superdome in 2006, when the Skins shut down the Saints, and needs to see more discipline and teamwork in the run defense in particular. Guys must contain, not overpursue, because Bush can take it to the house. Also, Blache figures Deuce McAllister will play a bigger role in the run game this week as he works back from season-ending surgery.

By Jason La Canfora  |  September 11, 2008; 12:57 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Stopping Bush Is Mission One
Next: Cooley Back as Practice Begins

Comments

You BEEPBEP SOBS did it to me again. Well I'm REPOSTING

Posted by: Corkczar, Crotchety Blog Peep | September 11, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

+++Stopping Bush Is Mission One++++

Little late for that, doncha think? Oh wait, REGGIE Bush…

Posted by: Posted by: Corkczar, Crotchety Blog Peep | September 11, 2008 1:06 PM | September 11, 2008 1:11 PM | Report abuse

+++Week 7: Cleveland Browns
This one stumped the schlubs. You guys tell us. We came up with nothing.+++

This may have been already answered. But I suspect their TE still resents the 'skins taking Sean Taylor over him.

Posted by: Corkczar, Crotchety Blog Peep | September 11, 2008 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Buncha CRAZED DAWGS!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 11, 2008 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Jason Reid, are you Hootie?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 11, 2008 11:54 AM

DO Not call me Hootie. I am MISTER Darius Rucker. Oh, wait...

Posted by: Dan "Blowfish" Snyder | September 11, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

+++Blache lauded Reggie Bush from the onset - let it be noted I came around on this guy before chatting with Blache - calling him the best one-on-one player in the game, one of the best talents to come along in 20 years and a matchup problem for every defender in the league, be it a lineman, linebacker or defensive back.---JASNO++++

Sure you say that now, but you'll change your tune after Malcolm Kelly catches 8-10 balls Sunday.

Posted by: Glass 999/1,000ths Full Corkczar | September 11, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Reggie Bush = Eric Metcalf. Account for them? Yes. Lose sleep? Nay.

I'm sorry but I'm not buying the Reggie Bush brand. Everytime he makes one great play, everyone wants to hop back on his sack.

Not I said the DMV.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | September 11, 2008 1:06 PM

I completely agree with that comment. But to call him Desmond Howard.....are you kidding? We of all people should know that he's better than that. Desmond's entire NFL career was one game, it just happened to be the Super Bowl. Bush is much more of a contributor than Desmond ever was to any team. He may not be the bell cow franchise back, but he is a dangerous weapon, and he and shockey are gonna catch most of Brees' passes now that Colston is gone and that means we have to account for him.

Posted by: zjfr2 | September 11, 2008 1:13 PM

Posted by: zjfr2 | September 11, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

The rest of you may resume posting now.

What can I say? Latte with a double shot.

Posted by: Corkczar, Crotchety Blog Peep | September 11, 2008 1:16 PM | Report abuse

zjfr2, but don't you have to account for all 11 guys on the field. You'll have to gameplan harder for others, but everyone has to be accounted for. Given that fact Bush should be nothing more than just that; a guy to account for. Not same damn worldbeater like some are trying to make him out to be, once again.

Just sayin', homie.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | September 11, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Blache needs to give them the speech:

Posted by: Mike H. | September 11, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Great stuff. Especially this

(Blache) wants to see his defense play like "wild animals" ... and needs to see more discipline ...

Because wild animals are known for their discipline ???

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 11, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Heck, the Eagles have been THE dominant team of the NFC this decade. Who did they win the "lottery" with? McNabb? He's not even in comparison. And they win even when McNabb goes down (see AJ Feeley and Jeff Garcia).

The Steelers have been consistently good for nearly 15 years or so (with a couple years of subpar performances). Who did they win the lottery with? Roethlisberger? He's solid, but no Manning, LT, or Brady. And they had great teams before him.

Jeff Fisher has had successful teams for a long time, whether he's in "rebuilding" mode or not. He won with Steve McNair and he won with a young Vince Young. He certainly hasn't hit the "lottery", yet he consistently has playoff contenders.

Your sample of 3 franchises winning the "lottery" does not exemplify every well-run franchise in the league.

Posted by: psps23 | September 11, 2008 10:37 AM

First, my "sample" of those 3 franchises were based on the 3 "samples" that Skinz threw out there in his post. And no, those 3 franchises do not exemplify every "well-run" franchise in the league.

But my point is that, generally speaking, "well-run" franchises still NEED "special" players to consistently be in the Superbowl hunt. In my book, D.McNabb is a "special player" and only actaully got to the SuperBowl when he had another "special" player (T.O.) - because all of Jeff Lurie's management magic couldn't actually put points on the board in big games. Air McNair in his prime was a "special player", other than those couple of years, the Titans are a bunch of "also-rans" along with many other NFL franchises.

I just find it funny that when a franchise starts to win consistently, they suddenly become "well-run". Bob Kraft has had the Pats since 1994 and I never heard anyone talk about how "well-run" it was until after Brady won them a couple of championships. Same with the Colts. Robert Irsay has owned the Colts their entire existence (I think), but for some reason they were praised as being "well-run" when Peyton started getting them to the playoffs.

Posted by: p1funk | September 11, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

JLC, please quit saying I told you so.....very annoying, and not likeable

Posted by: Kathy | September 11, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Was he worth the high draft status? If they continue to use him in various roles, yes.

Posted by: mark | September 11, 2008 1:17 PM

So, giving the fact that Bush thus far has only rushed for 3 point something per carry constitutes his draft status?

Are you a USC or Saints fan? Or did you grow up in the 619? Or is Kimmy K like you distant cousin or something?

Posted by: Red of the DMV | September 11, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

JLC, please quit saying I told you so.....very annoying, and not likeable

Posted by: Kathy | September 11, 2008 1:24 PM

Much like the democrats....."i voted for it before I voted against it" and so on

Posted by: Anonymous | September 11, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

I hope that there is a D-Line rotation. I'm sorry to say, but I don't see a gimpy Jason Taylor playing like a "wild animal". The wild animals are going to be the young hungry unheralded guys like Chris Wilson and Demetric Evans who will play like they have something to prove.

Posted by: p1funk | September 11, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

We clearly have only one option for stopping Bush, only one weapon in our arsenal that could possibly counteract his breathtaking versatility, his astonishing skill set, his Mr. Everythingness.

I am referring, of course, to Lorenzo Alexander.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 11, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

I know not everyone will agree with the politicks of this piece, but there are a lot of "Big Lebowski" fans up here, so I can't resist linking to this nifty little piece on the Walter Sobchak character:

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 11, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

To further my "wild animal" point; why not rotate Alfred Fincher in at LB? I don't see a gimpy Rocky or Marcus Washington going wild. If Fincher plays with the raw passion he showed in the last preseason game when he knew he was fighting for a roster spot, then he's gonna make plays.

Posted by: p1funk | September 11, 2008 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | September 11, 2008 1:30 PM

Agree with that completely....I still don't see why they insist on playing a guy when he's hurt simply so he can "gut it out" and play poorly. You can't convince that a hobbled JT,MW, or Rocky (who has looked pretty bad so far) is better than a healthy Evans, Blades, or Fincher/K. Campbell.

Posted by: zjfr2 | September 11, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse

I pooped in my pants. I'm going to save it for Sunday when I go to th game and throw it at Reggie Bush when he comes out of the lockerroom.

Posted by: | September 11, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

OK...while I concede that zombies are a real threat to this country, I am becoming more and more convinced that a potential Obama administration would be a far more serious and devastating threat to our wellbeing. I know that there is a Zombie Survival Guide currently on the market. Do any of you guys know of any books out there for us poor desperate souls to prevent, or at least survive, a catastrophic Obama administration?

Thanks in advance.....Concerned Citizen

Posted by: Concerned Citizen | September 11, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Does Chris Wilson have any substantial speed? I wonder if he were to shadow McBust would that help get some fans get some sleep in regards to Reginald Bust.

I'll be having a bowl of skittles on Sunday, so I'll be rolling on Bush. Lose sleep? I think not.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | September 11, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

p1, agreed, last week Wilson had a sack from DT position. They need more of that this week.

Same thing on offense. Betts, Thomas, Cools, all need the ball more.

Posted by: Greg | September 11, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Blades was in a far amount against the Giants and looked worse than Rocky. Agree about fincher. at least give him some snaps.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 11, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Thank you for sharing - be sure that you get a "clean" shot

Posted by: John D in Houston | September 11, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | September 11, 2008 1:24 PM

Or maybe it was when Scott Pioli and Bill Polian took over the franchises. You know, the guys that are paid to run the teams now.

So, McNabb was a "special player" one year, then not a "special player" the next? Same with McNair?

How about the people the team put around those guys makes them a "special player"? Doesn't that make more sense. That's what we're talking about. That's not luck. That's what well-run franchises do, they put their teams in the best position to win. It's consistency year-after-year those teams add pieces that are very useful to their franchises, whether through the draft or through free agency. It doesn't make a difference if they have Tom Brady at QB or Kordell Stewart at QB. They put their franchises in a position to win. That is not luck.

Posted by: psps23 | September 11, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Two years ago when they played in N.O., who was on Bush the majority of the time? I know there is a new defensive coordinator, Payton should've studied that game tape, and that player in particular is most likely gone, but I'm still curious.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | September 11, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Same thing on offense. Betts, Thomas, Cools, all need the ball more.

Posted by: Greg | September 11, 2008 1:37 PM

Thomas? really? he hasn't done or shown anything to deserve a shot at more targets, he's looked slow, lost, and overall piss poor. Now Betts and Cooley I completely agree.

Posted by: zjfr2 | September 11, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

JLaC - You gotta jump off this Bush bandwagon you all of sudden created before he he shows his true colors. He has only played ONE GAME this year.

He has been a bust so far in his career. Check his stats.

He has the same range of YPC as Portis (in the 3s) and you rail on Portis all day for the money he gets. Bush gets a RACK of money as well.

Please stop trying to pass the haterade over here.....

Posted by: 4th | September 11, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | September 11, 2008 1:39 PM

guess we'll test your hypothesis here in the next 16 weeks with the Patriots. I'm betting another undefeated season is less than likely.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 11, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

"Blache lauded Reggie Bush from the onset - let it be noted I came around on this guy before chatting with Blache - calling him the best one-on-one player in the game, one of the best talents to come along in 20 years and a matchup problem for every defender in the league, be it a lineman, linebacker or defensive back."

Wow, looks like I'm not the only one who thinks Bush is a threat. Maybe my analysis on the last thread was correct.

Posted by: psps23 | September 11, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Isn't Drew Brees considered to be a really good QB in this league?

His team's record in his first 21 starts: 9-12. That's one more win than our young Jason Campbell has in his first 21 starts.

If and when the Skins win Sunday (which they will, by 9 or more points) Campbell and Brees will have the exact same won-loss record through their first 22 starts, 9-13. If not, Campbell's record will be (gasp) two games worse than Brees'.

Just sayin'...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 11, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

I hope, no matter how right I am, that I NEVER state an argument that in any way agrees with LaChumpfora.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 11, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

""That's not our plan," "

Do you think Blache will tell you his plan 3 days before the game??

Crazy.

Posted by: 4th | September 11, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | September 11, 2008 1:42 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they'll be just as good. But I'm betting the Patriots still have a good record come season's end and will still be competing for a playoff spot (unless of course the inescapable super bowl loser curse strikes).

Posted by: psps23 | September 11, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse

zj, good call, just leave Thomas on the bench, and NEVER give him a chance. Santana dropped a couple of passes, and ARE was offside twice last week, by your logic, they shouldn't get the ball either.

psp, when it comes to the pats, there is ONE, and ONLY ONE, event that you look at, and that is Tom Brady. Pioli is on record as saying that Brady is nothing more than LUCK, and nothing else. As I've stated previously, the Pats had 2-6th round picks that year, and they thought so much of Tom at the time, they didn't even use their FIRST 6th round pick on him.

Posted by: Greg | September 11, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Thanks in advance.....Concerned Citizen

Posted by: Concerned Citizen | September 11, 2008 1:36 PM

-----

Shut up. You're a gigantic idiot. The world would've been better off had your mother had you aborted.

Posted by: | September 11, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

I have been very negative all week since Thursday, and frankly, I don't apologize for that, we were embarrassing last week. However, as a fresh game rolls around I'm going to try and get positive, because I actually think after last weeks debacle this could be one of the best matchups on our schedule that we could have gotten. NO is going to score points, realistic fans and hopefully coaches realize they have a great offense and know we aren't going to pitch a shut-out. So hopefully we'll be going in with an aggressive attitude on offense, and I watched their whole game last week, Earnest Graham ran for like 7 yards a carry and NO's secondary other than this rookie they have from Indiana isn't good, therefore, we should be able to get our offense going this week. No matter what I've said, a 9 point loss on the road to the super bowl champs isn't horrible, I just wish we had look better on offense, well, this week is a great opportunity to start that, if they can't get clicking against this defense, its gonna be a long year......but I think they can...

Hail!

Posted by: zjfr2 | September 11, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Desmond Howard was good. You guys are crazy.

If he wasn't good, how did he get the SB MVP pver Favre?

Posted by: 4th | September 11, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

So who has a better record?

The 'Skins or the Pats with their back up QB?

Posted by: Final Record | September 11, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

doesn't it take a special player to go from having "a good record come season's end and still competing for a playoff spot" (aka the Skins last season) to being undefeated conference champions?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 11, 2008 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Nate 2-0

Posted by: Judge Judy | September 11, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Thanks in advance.....Concerned Citizen

Posted by: Concerned Citizen | September 11, 2008 1:36 PM

-----

Posted by: | September 11, 2008 1:47 PM

Just as it would have been much better off had your mother's abortion been successful. Oh well, at least she tried thanks to your democrats.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 11, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Tru Dat, Nate

Walter is definitely a Neo Con. Looking for the right thing to do and overshooting the mark due to severe depression & stress.

Posted by: Dik | September 11, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Judge, but I don't see this as a contest, more of a Sisyphean ordeal...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 11, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Judy, I saw that there was a withdrawal from my bonus points account. Hope you came through the surgery ok.

Posted by: Greg | September 11, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | September 11, 2008 1:42 PM

Come on psps23. That's COACH SPEAK! Don't give the competition anything to use as bullentin board material....

Posted by: 4th | September 11, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Geeze anyone who has studied them knows Zombies can be easily stopped with a blow to the head or by putting up a simple fence with barbed wire or outrun in a golf cart. Except them newfangled zombies that are smarter and faster.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 11, 2008 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Blache's Plan:

Try to SJKing tackle somebody!!

Posted by: Dik | September 11, 2008 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Beep

Posted by: Beep | September 11, 2008 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 11, 2008 1:54 PM

Zombies aren't the problem. It's Obama that I'm worried about.

Posted by: Concerned Citizen | September 11, 2008 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Still some swelling young Gregory, thanks for asking, but they packed me in ice covered bonus points, which should help.

Posted by: Judge Judy | September 11, 2008 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Greg | September 11, 2008 1:46 PM

Getting Brady was luck.

Getting Randy Moss to play like the old Randy Moss was not luck. Drafting Richard Seymour to anchor the d-line was not luck. Drafting Vince Wilfork in the 1st round, even though he wasn't going to play for the first couple years, was not luck. Plucking Rodney Harrison off FA to pull together a secondary was not luck. Identifying Josh McDaniels as an up-and-coming offensive mind was not luck. Identifying Mike Vrabel in FA as a potential franchise LB was not luck. Knowing they can let go of Super Bowl MVP Deion Branch without any fall-off, and in the process pick up a 1st rounder was not luck. Getting Corey Dillon to play with a team sense was not luck.

This team routinely puts itself in a position to win. They have a plan, and obviously it's worked.

Oh, and Tom Brady went down in the AFC Championship game early in the 2nd quarter and didn't return, in 2002 (I think that was the year). The Patriots still won the game. Luck?

Posted by: psps23 | September 11, 2008 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Desmond Howard was good. You guys are crazy.

If he wasn't good, how did he get the SB MVP pver Favre?

Posted by: 4th | September 11, 2008 1:47 PM

Dangumbit 4th- On a day when I really just want to lurk, you've got to go there again and draw me out. A couple things:

81) The 'Skins traded 2 first round picks to move up and select him in the top 5 of the first round...to be the next great WR here, with the Posse nearing the end of their careers.

28) Super Bowl MVP...you're judging a guy as being good based on one game? Dude, Timmie Smith had a game for the ages in SB XXII...could've easily been voted MVP. I guess he was good too.

Posted by: 4-12 | September 11, 2008 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Actually, I think you handle Zombies by creating a nationalistic pass-time mass marketed through socially controlled media.

Then, engender a moderately educated group to study the performance of said pass-time and allow a forum for comment.

This will draw the zombies as moths to flame.

..mmmm...braiiinnsss...

Posted by: Dik | September 11, 2008 1:57 PM | Report abuse

They do play defense like wild animals. They run around and chase and try to catch everything that runs past (or in the case of Landry) over them.

Posted by: virtueandvice | September 11, 2008 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Oops, that losing type thingy ate part of my post...about the trading up to get Howard to be a stud WR here, not to have a good game as kick returner years later in one game.

Posted by: 4-12 | September 11, 2008 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Reggie Bush being one of the best players in the last 20 years? And then the guy is BRAGGING that he's said that for awhile now?

Ummm, no, not at all.

What do some people watch when NFL games are on???

Posted by: The Truth | September 11, 2008 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Say, speaking of animals...

Posted by: freakzilla | September 11, 2008 2:02 PM | Report abuse

+++Great stuff. Especially this

Because wild animals are known for their discipline ???

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 11, 2008 1:22 PM+++

Think hunting pack of Velosiraptors

Posted by: Corkczar, Crotchety Blog Peep | September 11, 2008 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Perception is reality. If you get most people to say that this blog spot is the place to be, people would be here. Some individuals follow the heard, some don't.

Posted by: Skip in Va | September 11, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Isn't Drew Brees considered to be a really good QB in this league?

Just sayin'...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 11, 2008 1:43 PM

Nate, great post except you're forgetting one thing, he was drafted by and played for the Chargers when they were terrible! They had the first pick in the draft that year, and traded it to atlanta to get LT and Brees. But it was a while before they had the talent that Brees/Rivers got to play with recently. The Redskins have always had middle of the pack talent, not great, but not 1st pick of the draft talent since JC has been here. So once again, to make more excuses for him is not fair.

Posted by: zjfr2 | September 11, 2008 2:22 PM | Report abuse

+++I just find it funny that when a franchise starts to win consistently, they suddenly become "well-run".+++

Cart before the horse, Dude.

+++Bob Kraft has had the Pats since 1994 and I never heard anyone talk about how "well-run" it was until after Brady won them a couple of championships.+++

Anyone here willing to trade Danny's learning cure for Kraft's? I thought so.

Posted by: Corkczar, Crotchety Blog Peep | September 11, 2008 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | September 11, 2008 1:39 PM

Yeah...there's no difference at all between Tom Brady and Kordell Stewart. It's all the same. The fact that Brady is out this year means nothing. Are you betting your paycheck that the Pats are going to win it all with Matt Cassell? Do you envision another 50TD season from that QB position? You should, because nothing has changed in how the team is being run.

Look psps23, you are helping me make my point. Good coaching and management takes special players and builds around them. But what is the FIRST step in that process: It begins with SPECIAL PLAYERS. Someone with unique talents and abilities who are able to take the pro-game by the horns and wrestle it to the ground. And how do we get those "special players"? Do we go to the "special players" store? No. Truth is they just turn up. Some of them are highly-heralded number 1 draft picks. Others are 6th-rounders. Other are undrafted guys who get a lucky break and a starting position when they were bagging groceries. And when it comes down to it, once all the scouting is done and all the combines are complete, the teams that unearth these special guys are pretty lucky teams.

Posted by: p1funk | September 11, 2008 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Cart before the horse, Dude.

Anyone here willing to trade Danny's learning cure for Kraft's? I thought so.

Posted by: Corkczar, Crotchety Blog Peep | September 11, 2008 2:23 PM

Yeah, that genius Bob Kraft who orchestrated Drew Bledsoe's internal bleeding so that back-up Brady could get some PT. I took him a decade in the league to figure that one out.

Posted by: p1funk | September 11, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | September 11, 2008 2:39 PM

Jason Campbell = Bledso?

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 11, 2008 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Jason Campbell = Bledso?

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 11, 2008 2:48 PM

Yes, I can see it now. Campbell gets injured, Colt Brennan leads up to a championship. Then the Redskins are hailed as a "well-run" franchise!

Posted by: p1funk | September 11, 2008 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Wild Animals, is it?

Too bad the Danomen defensive players are more akin to teddy bears!

Greg Blache should know by now, this group resembles Winni The Pooh! If he could only hypnotize them to see the opposing QB as a jar of honey!!! That might do it?

Posted by: bongaloid | September 11, 2008 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Cart before the horse, Dude.

Anyone here willing to trade Danny's learning cure for Kraft's? I thought so.

Posted by: Corkczar, Crotchety Blog Peep | September 11, 2008 2:23 PM

Posted by: p1funk | September 11, 2008 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Wait which post is new. According to the RSS its this one on the sight its the Cooley post.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 11, 2008 3:02 PM | Report abuse

The Skins are starting to show some grit and heart even if it is just the defensive coach and Fletch and Landry and Taylor. I just have a hard time envisioning a guy who won't play with a shin bruise (Shawn) playing like a wild animal but maybe I've got the guy all wrong.

Posted by: RTGreenwood | September 11, 2008 4:56 PM | Report abuse