Guest Columns Rolling In

Hey there. Making phone calls on the Skins, making sure nothing crazy is going on, but also picked up Lauren and Chloe from the airport today and it was awesome to have them back. I'll be monitoring the Skins, but they also want me to start covering the Ravens beginning next week, so I'll out in Owings Mills at least a few days a week and doing their games on the weekend.
It's finally dead in Ashburn, but trust me, it won't be that way forever.
I'm taking some time to decompress, but you guys keep rocking on. I have received some great guest blogs, and will start off posting MV Dane's submission, with more to come.
I'm still checking in daily, even if I don't post an entry. We'll keep plugging away.

Here's MV Dame's entry -

Are You A Redskins Insider?

My name is MV Dame and I'm a Redskins Insider. Since I know that some of you have the attention span of a coked-up hamster, I'll try to keep this brief, but bear with me for a moment.

Way back on October 11, 2006, I posted for the first time on Redskins Insider. Just for my own amusement, I copied the entire thread, comments and all, and pasted it into Word. I formatted the pages with .25 inch margins all around and changed the font size to 8, so that I could get as much of it onto as few pages as possible.

Not only that, but I went through the entire document afterwards and deleted every excess (or empty) line. And I've been doing this with every single thread since then, whether I posted any comments of my own or not.

Well, let me tell you something. We have been blogging our guts out up here, and I have the numbers to prove it. I know that JLC is a stats guy, so let me get right to it:

(Note: these numbers are accurate through Wednesday, January 3, 2007, at 1:30 pm.)

In 84 days (10/11/06 - 1/2/07), there have been 132 posts by Jason La Canfora, for an average of 1.57 per day. (This includes all the days that he didn't post a thing.)

These 132 posts have combined for a total of 2213 pages. That works out to an average of just under 17 pages per thread, or more telling, for an average of more than 26 pages per day.

But let's look at just that total number of pages again. 2213. Remember that this is size 8 font on 8 x 11 paper. That's a lot of pages. To give you some perspective, according to Amazon.com, "War and Peace" has 1424 pages. And to go a step further, I have "The Oxford Dictionary and Thesaurus, American Edition" at home, and it has a measly 1850 pages.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have written - and read - more than the equivalent of an entire dictionary in a little under three months.

So my question to you is: Are you a Redskins Insider? If you still have a life, probably not.

Happy New Year, my fellow Redskins Insiders.

Get a life.

By Jason La Canfora  |  January 3, 2007; 8:37 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: All Quiet In Ashburn
Next: Barno, I Did Not Mean To Scorn You

Comments

attention span of a coked-up hamster,
so can someone tell me what he said after that?

Dame, sorry buddy but your team's getting creamed in the first quarter...

and i handover my throan of "math whiz" to dame...that's some number crunching...

Posted by: dealer | January 3, 2007 8:57 PM | Report abuse

jason, you boys up at wapo have created a firestorm in the city with your articles. how do you feel about that? also is there any doubt among the beat reporters that espn's scoop/skins mole is vinny cerrato?

Posted by: dealer | January 3, 2007 9:01 PM | Report abuse

Great to see you in the house JLC. Even better to hear the family is back home safe.

All you ND fans. Can you say a** kicking coming? LMAO

Posted by: jm220 | January 3, 2007 9:05 PM | Report abuse

jm220,
your one to talk about a** kicking? your still trying to get that foot out of your own a**!!your team really sucks!!!

Posted by: laughing to the playoffs | January 3, 2007 9:13 PM | Report abuse

laron landry should have layed the wood on that one. I he hasn't done anything yet to make me say. WOW

Posted by: jm220 | January 3, 2007 9:17 PM | Report abuse

If you subtract the 'get a GM' and 'ManBoobs must go' posts, you're down to six pages.

But a solid six pages that are Superconcientous and supersmart. Mostly dreaming of which 'core redskins' we'll be able to get in FA.

Posted by: cload and daggar | January 3, 2007 9:43 PM | Report abuse

That bit of trickery is going to cost LSU later. That kid isn't going to be able to kick the rest of the game.

Posted by: Learned Hand | January 3, 2007 10:56 PM | Report abuse

MV Dame, just wanted to say great work on the guest column. That was a numeric year in review, and it showed what a terrific effort we've all put in. And it reinforced my new year's resolution to generate even more posts.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | January 3, 2007 11:18 PM | Report abuse

Jason, Love your work but can you cut out the complaining about the work load. I know the Post is taking care of you and you get free skin's tickets and road trips.
You have a job I only wish I could have, suck it up it's going to be quiet until march, catch up with the family then. In the meantime keep reporting skin's to us. Raven's are about to get smacked down early in the playoffs.
have you ever been approached to do the riggo show, I would love to hear you go over your insights with the king.
Any idea's what Danny and Gibbs got heated about?

Posted by: Steve B | January 4, 2007 12:49 AM | Report abuse

Steve B.-

You know nothing, other than Riggo is the KING!!!

Posted by: Pink C.C.- | January 4, 2007 2:32 AM | Report abuse

Are you an insider? If you understand and feel the basic principles and fundamental truths contained within this blog, you probably are. If you think it's all about pimpin ho's and slammin cadillac do's, you're probably a BOOFER. Or a Redskins Suck that thinks he's a BOOFER. Or maybe just don't understand. A Redskins Insider is not someone who is considered to be part of the normal world. He is looked at differently. He is not accepted because of his clothes, his hair, his occupation, his beliefs or his skin color. Now look at yourself. Are you a Redskins Insider? I know I am. As a matter of fact, f- bein anything else. There's only so much time left in this crazy world.

Posted by: LWC | January 4, 2007 2:36 AM | Report abuse

LWC, Rule #1 of Redskins Insider, there is no Redskins Insider.

Steve B, lay off J-La (rule #2). Also, Ravens are the only team solid enough to go the distance. Rivers will freak out under the pressure and the Ravens will limit LT's yardage. [Not sure if you can tell, but mentally, everyone else already has been eliminated from the big show.]

Posted by: dcsween | January 4, 2007 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Pink C.C. back in the house! Another original blogger from Training Camp Insider. Welcome back. Did you lose a bet with Boofer, too?

Posted by: Joe in Raleigh | January 4, 2007 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Pink C.C. OWNS this BLOG-ha!

Thanx Joe in Raleigh!!!